The lewd beauty and the grump [Shicchan&Hideki](Private)

-Hideki-

Nodding in agreement he admitted that the whore was right about that. Those traits suited him and he was positive that he actually had those himself at least he was always trying to act honourable. “I’m not asking for something I can’t provide myself as a person.” He said and he sounded confident in it but when he thought about it some more and beyond those few aspects he had mentioned he questioned what he had just said. Was that really true? Rex had huge deficiencies when it came to showing emotions and affection and his partner had to have to be really good at those and be empathetic to even that out in the relationship for it to be functional. Rex dating another Rex would probably be a disaster on a personal level and when he thought beyond character traits also sexually. “Well, maybe that’s not entirely accurate but it is for those traits.” He corrected himself with a stern expression.

He listened carefully when Micah explained to him that he had even been embarrassed to perform for others.

“That’s not a practical trait for a performer of any kind.” The blond noted and came to the conclusion that that must have changed for the other with time because he didn’t seem like someone embarrassed to show off himself in the bordello at least. “Has that changed or why is it that you can serve that scum with your body like that exposing yourself to them much more than a musician ever does? How does it make you feel to have them taking you for a little paper money?” he was curious and didn’t even realise how inappropriate he was getting with his questions by now. But he didn’t ask to degrade or insult the other, not anymore, he tried to understand the ginger even though he was struggling a lot to do so.

At the expression of sympathy towards him and his situation as well as the conclusion that dealing with his family and being gay must have been tough he snorted. “There are worse things than hiding what you are from your traditionalist parents.” Rex hissed and it was definitely true but for some reason, even though he wouldn’t admit it to Micah or even to himself that really was one of the things that had affected him and hurt him a lot out of all the stuff that he had been through and even considering the extreme stuff he had seen. There were only a few things that had been worse to him personally and that had also gotten to him like that.

The security guard listened to the explanation and it seemed like the whore didn’t actually enjoy the job quite as much as he had made him and the other security men in the bordello believe but at the same time he had arranged himself with the situation and had even accepted it and that bothered Rex about him. How could someone accept such a thing?

“I thought you were just some apathetic lowlife who didn’t care about degrading himself as long as it pays but it seems that this is not what you want and that there is the will to do a decent job or become a musician again and even though that’s not a real job it’s still better. If that’s the case arranging yourself with that sort of thing and accepting your fate equates accepting defeat and giving up because someone who has arranged himself with his pathetic position will never fight enough to get out of it. If you do that you can just throw yourself into the next rubbish bin.” The blond said in an earnest way. He understood that arranging oneself with whatever pitiful existence one had was the easiest and least hurtful solution because if one accepted something it wouldn’t be able to slowly gnaw away all light and happiness within one’s life but at the same time it meant stagnation where one was and to not have the will to fight for oneself anymore.

The blond had never accepted his ‘new life’ and he was eager to change it, he just didn’t know what he wanted to do and how he could start it but he would never arrange himself with that humiliating position he was in now.

While he was starring at a marine explaining something about a specific ship on screen he had his usual angry, grumpy face again but it suddenly lit up a little and was replaced by a smirk when he realised something. “Wait a second, so that does mean that you actually had a male fan?! Unbelievable!” he teased the other again and didn’t look at the TV as if he wanted to sink that wonderful ship anymore.

He turned his head to the red head again when he expressed the wish to ask him some questions as well. Rex wasn’t thrilled about that and he didn’t really like the thought of another person snooping in his life and personality but on the other hand he had asked the whore rather private questions the whole time so it would be only fair if he had the opportunity to ask him the questions he had as well. “Ask me whatever!” he growled in his usual way and then added:” I can’t promise that I will answer or that you’ll find my answer sufficient though.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -Hideki-

• Shicchan

Micah found it very interesting to see the blond question himself in matters of what he’s able to provide… The more he heard the other talk about himself, the more “human” he felt the security was.

As William spoke his thoughts about the exposition, the ginger smiled a bit to himself and chuckled. “I manage to overcome this embarrassment with the knowledge of what my abilities are. If I’m good at something, and I’m doing my best at it, there’s no reason to be ashamed to do it. And I recognize I’ve got to do my best to keep living like how I am.” he started and made a small pause, watching Rachmaninoff fall asleep on the other’s thighs before raising his glance up at the other again. “It feels kind of like any other job. People pay you to do a certain thing, like use your body to protect whores. People pay me to satisfy their lust.” the ginger said. Even though that was clear in his mind, there were still days he really didn’t want to get up and go to the bordello, put up an act and take care or more or less ten different men by work-day.

“Well, spreading my legs requires much less exposure than singing a song I wrote. The client who wants sex is never interested in anything else but my body.” He said. “But the client who wants music analyzes much more than just a pretty face or a nice ass”.

Micah raised his eyebrows at what he said about his parents. Yes, there were worse things… But usually, when you go through something like that, it becomes the source of great part of your later-on insecurities and traumas. The ginger didn’t know how would he react to that so he decided to simply keep quiet and listen to what else he had to say.

At that point, he had already gotten used to be degraded by the security. But somehow, the names didn’t seem heavy. They kind of felt like the other really didn’t know, or just wasn’t used to, how to use other therms. Less offensive ones. And that made him more honest than most people he knew. The young boy actually enjoyed that sense of honesty. Even though it came out rudely.

Those last statements did affect Gabriel more than they were supposed to. Or more than the whore would realize at the moment. He raised his eyebrows and sighed, pulling a pillow to his chest and hugging it with an arm. “Thank you for that… I guess you’re right”. What William said was exactly was he was needing to hear at that moment. He needed to create the guts to try again. He knew what he had to do but still, he was afraid of being pushed down too hard and take too long to get up. He didn’t want to lay lower than he had already laid. Micah used his other arm to hold the pillow too as he turned to his side, in a semi-laying down pose as he stared at the television. His body was fatigued from the week and it screamed for some rest. But his mind wanted to keep that conversation going. That talk was being important to him and he didn’t want it to end just yet.

There was so much he wanted to ask about him.

The short male sat up and crossed his legs under himself, covering his mouth as he yawned. When he was about to apologize for that, the other spoke up and, once again, made Micah laugh with the statement. “Oh shut up!”, he playfully said. “My ten male fans are very nice, okay?”, he teased the lack of masculine fans and smiled, finding the other’s change of expression rather nice. Gosh, he was so handsome.

The ginger smiled, trying to hide the sleepiness, even though it was written all over his face already. “Sounds good enough for me”, he said sincerely then laid the side of his head against the back of the couch, looking up at his face. The orange locks arranged themselves with the new position in a messy yet cute way. “How did you end up here?”, he asked, in a softer voice.

Rex looked at the kitten that had placed itself on his lap and fell asleep there. He still wasn’t a fan of those animals but since he wasn’t allergic he didn’t mind if it lay there as long as it didn’t scratch him or made loud noises.

The man didn’t avert his eyes from the fluffy creature when he thought about what Micah had said when he compared his own job to Rex’s job. They didn’t have much in common but it was true that he technically was getting money for using his body as well and that he always had. Now his skilled body was protecting whores and before that he had defended and fought for his nation what was much more honourable. But he had gotten paid for risking his physical integrity as well as his life.

What followed made him snort again. “Really? Isn’t modern popular music all bullshit written by record companies to get as much money out of the pockets of the people as possible? And don’t singers write with the same intention in mind?” he asked rhetorically because he was sure that this was definitely true. He also didn’t get how a song could be more private than being intimate with someone. “Is that an emotional thing? Do you put your emotions in the songs or why would they expose anything from you?” he asked, this time it was a real question. To him it sounded troublesome and useless to express once real emotions in a song or at all. When he had some negative emotions he drowned them in alcohol or just got plain angry, that was the most natural thing for him to do.

After the blond had spoken his opinion as bluntly and unfiltered as always he noticed a change in the whore’s behaviour and watched him pressing his pillow against his body. It was a weird thing to do and he couldn’t really understand why the other was doing that.

Was he scared? Uncomfortable? Lonely? Cold? Could have been everything and was way too complicated for Rex to figure out so he ignored it and just said:”I am right!” with a hundred percent confidence.

The security guard laughed at Micah’s reaction. “Isn’t ten a little optimistically thought though?” he commented and turned his head to the other and away from the TV and the ships on screen.

While he had hoped that the other would think about it again and would figure that he didn’t want to ask him questions after all he had known that that was completely unlikely. And it didn’t take a whole minute and the younger male was asking him the first question.

For a moment Rex wasn’t sure whether he meant how he came to live in that city and the district or how he ended up protecting whores for a living. He decided to just answer both at once as it might prevent the other from asking yet another question.

“I’ve got fired without the opportunity to ever work in my profession again.” He described his dishonourable discharge with words that didn’t point to any specific profession. When he said that his face looked even more grim and unhappy than it usually did and it was nothing he liked to talk about so he had to make himself say some more.

“I’ve changed residence to that city because this disgusting liberal hippie shithole is the last place where anyone would expect me to go or to live.” He explained further and it was true. There were quite some cities in the country he hated and this particular one was in his top five of the most loathsome places. However Rex hadn’t left his hometown as soon as he had been discharged. It had actually taken him some months of being completely disorientated and confused without an idea what to do or how to live outside of the Army. Being a soldier had been all that he had known. Even his childhood and youth had been focussed on becoming a high ranking soldier in the future and it had been dictated by the military school and academy. Without that he had lost all his structure and purpose and hadn’t had any clue how to live as a civilian.

And when he had had enough of all the questions and the weird looks as well as seeing his family’s house and his relatives well knowing that they disinherited him and had thrown him out of the family he had figured he would go somewhere where no one would know him or search for him or expect to run into him under another name that no one knew and that couldn’t be connected to the dishonourably discharged general who had been in disgrace.

Rex had had enough money that he wouldn’t have needed to work for at least a few years and could have survived on it but he had wanted a job. Not only because he didn’t want to throw out his whole saved money but also because he had nothing to do and had started to drown in his disgrace as well as the loss of Sebastian.

“I searched for a job. And different incidents then led me to the job I currently have.” He ended how he had gotten to the place where he was currently in. The first job the ex-military had tried had been being a petrol attendant. But working at the gas station having to be friendly and helpful to people, no matter what people, had not been his thing at all and he had been a terrible petrol attendant. The blond had lost that job in the end because he had gotten into a fight with some lowlife who had been a costumer. The guy had been respect less and had tried to steal a chocolate bar and Rex had broken his hand, had twisted his arm and had thrown him out with a good kick in the arse and since that guy hadn’t known how to fall properly he had broken a rip and had sprained his ankle. Good thing for Rex that the police officers had been on his side and had believed his perspective. They even had taken the thug because he had tried to steal a chocolate bar but regardless of that Rex had lost his job anyway but had gotten a new job offer right away.

A man had watched the scene and had decided that Rex would make a good security guy for his club. Since now unemployed the blond had agreed and found that he was better at keeping order and throwing people out of a location than working in the service field.

The thing was that the club had been a cesspool full of illegal drugs and drug dealers and the blond hated drugs, people who took drugs and drug dealers. He thought the war on drugs wasn’t fought merciless and fierce enough and the security had anonymously called the police and told them to raid the place promising them that they would find enough drugs and drug dealers there, with ties to the owner that they could close the establishment down.

And that had been what had happened. The police had arrested dozens of dealers one of whom was the son of the owner as well as consumers, the club had been closed and Rex had had no job again.

Searching for a new one he had landed in that brothel where he had given everyone, the costumers and the whores a very hard time. But at least they didn’t deal with drugs and there was nothing criminal going on there so he thought that he didn’t have to call the police on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Gabriel chuckled shortly at the older male’s statement about popular music. “Yes, indeed. There a huge majority that works that way. But not everyone”, he sighs and scratches the back of his head at the exposition of the blond's closed mind about this subject. It was difficult to explain but he would try. At this rate, there was no point in giving up in explaining stuff. That would only make them understand each other better. He adjusted the pillow and smiled up at him. “Well, at least to me, I’m not really good at expressing and dealing with a few things through conversation. I feel like I’m not being sincere and that I won’t solve it in the best way if I don’t think better. And since in music I can’t really hide anything and I have more control over how to make it work, I’d much rather make songs about those things”.

“Pff, of course not. For this star here, I can even- bet I actually have eleven of those”, Micah kept on teasing, laughing again.

The ginger got comfortable in his pillow-cuddling mode as he paid attention to what the elder male replied to his question. He listened to the whole story without falling asleep, hiding the tiredness from his face, after all, he didn’t want to be rude. The difference between William’s expressions was very visible. It was very clear to see how unpleased and unhappy he was about his actual situation and how much he preferred his old life.

He took in a deep breath and nodded after he finished his reply, remaining in silent for a few minutes, reflecting. His gaze went down to the breathing puff ball on the guard’s lap.

By the affectionate way he had spoken about his lover’s parents he wondered how much of a different person he had been while in the company of this person. He was dying of curiosity to know where was this person right now. However, his instincts told him that asking about this man would make him even more unpleased than how William already was after talking about his journey to this “shithole”, as he described.

The boy decided to leave this subject for tomorrow evening and focus only on his work and things related to it. He wanted to find out what happened for the blond to get fired so harshly like that. Would he answer if he asked? Should he even try to do it now?

He didn’t want to make the other regress into his usual bad mood… Everything was going so smoothly! Gabriel decided to stop questioning about his past. That would only make his grumpiness level raise over nine thousand. But still… He spoke so much about himself. It was only fair for him to reply a few more questions, right?

One more past personal question and he would be done.

Thethe olive colored pair stared up at the handsome man’s face once again. “May I ask what was the reason you were forced to quit? Was it… Unfair?”, he asked with a calm and careful tone of voice.

The blond security guard listened to the younger man’s explanation and he found that he still couldn’t relate to the urge to turn ones feelings into songs or actually bother with them at all. In his opinion there was no purpose behind it and why even show it to the world then? What did the world care about the emotions of someone they didn’t even know personally? The tall man at least didn’t care. He had found it bothersome having to interpret poems and literature because it had been part of his curriculum as general education. And he had more than just sucked at it. The older man had never been talented with words and had never had a feeling for language anyway and he had never liked to interpret the weird ways of so called poets to express shit that could have been said much clearer and less flowery.

What he could relate to was not being able to express ones emotions in a conversation though. Rex shrugged before he dismissed the topic with a:”If it helps.” Even though he couldn’t imagine how this was helpful and was only able to see a massive waste of time in something like that. He found most lyrics for songs cringe worthy and dumb anyway. He liked instrumental music much better and songs that focussed on the topic of the homeland, its landscapes and patriotism, those lyrics he could bear. Sebastian had found many of those just as empty as the pop music but the former military man had ignored that.

The blond smirked and laughed when the other was confident that he had had eleven male fans. “Impressive!” he said in a sarcastic tone of voice turning his attention back at the TV screen for a moment.

While he was telling the other his story with as less information as possible he could see how Micah was trying to fight off his tiredness and hiding it from him. Apparently he wanted to be polite. But Rex had seen too many men fighting against falling asleep; sure those had been completely different circumstances but still. When he had ended he looked at the red head who still hugged his pillow.

“You can sleep if you want to. My shift isn’t that long anymore and I can let myself out then.” He let the other know that he didn’t care if he fell asleep or not.

Maybe he even hoped that he would fall asleep and that way he wouldn’t have to answer another question about his life. But the whore apparently wasn’t keen on doing him that favour. While there was a period of silence between them Micah came up with another question related to what he had told him earlier. He wanted to know whether his discharge had been unfair. If the younger guy knew it or not, this was not a simple question, it was actually difficult to answer.

The blond man sighed and scratched his chin staring into the direction of the TV but not looking at it but through it.

He was thinking about it. Had it been unfair to dishonourably discharge him? “Yes and no I guess!” he said after a while imagining that this was not a satisfying answer for the other.

He had been furious when he had been discharged like this considering the reason for his actions that were completely justified and he had even been too mild because no punishment could have been hard enough in his opinion, plus he hadn’t even been through with it completely. What had caused him to do what he had done had been a disgrace to the Army, a disgusting and vicious crime, murder and he had not noticed it going on. It still pained him and crippled him inside that he hadn’t been able to see what had been going on and had not been able to stop this, to safe him and he asked himself why almost every day.

And while those religious lunatics – he hated religious lunatics much more than he hated hippies – had deserved no better for what they had done to his Sebastian, Rex had still referred to vigilantism and revenge by abusing his power as a superior rank instead of letting the law handle those rats. But the law would have been too soft on them, so he had taken it into his own hands.

Since unfortunately the second of the nutjob brothers had been still alive and had accused Rex he had found himself in front of a small tribunal led by an old friend of his father. They convicted the brother for what he and the other had done to Sebastian and taken further investigations in that case but had also been more than keen on keeping it out of the public light because it would have disgraced and stained the reputation of the Army. But they couldn’t have let Rex stay in his place as well. And because the old man had known his father and could understand why Rex had done it and didn’t want the major general to get convicted for sending that guy on a suicide mission without purpose, he usually would have never used a human but drones for, what he had done when he had been sure the lunatic had been tortured to death first to actually complete the mission, he decided to dishonourably discharge him for having had an inappropriate sexual relationship with an inferior - that he had been with Sebastian had come to be known by the tribunal through this whole tragedy- to spare Rex further punishment and Rex’s father the shame as he had known that Rex’s father would already be shocked and ashamed of Rex getting an dishonourable discharge alone no matter the reason. And regardless of the reason he basically got discharged for abusing his position of power anyway. They knew nothing about his relationship with Sebastian and reducing it to sex, even worse him exploiting a lower rank for sex, had been deeply insulting and hurtful to him too but he had to come to the conclusion that this was an offer and that everything would have been much worse if they had persecuted him for what he had really done to that lunatic by assigning him that "mission" that had never really been a mission for a soldier, calculating Sebastian's murderer's torture and death.

So what was it? Was it fair or just that he had lost everything he had worked for or was it deeply unfair? This case had a lot of morale grey areas if one asked Rex but the abuse of power was still obvious and that he had intended to get something that would cause the other of the brothers a painful death as well was also true. Rex thought that they would have deserved eternal pain and torture for what they had done to Sebastian and how they had ended the life of the best human being that had ever lived in Rex’s eyes simply because those lunatics had found out that he had been gay.

A pained and angry expression crept onto his face and his hands formed fists and he was remembering what day it was again.

“I don’t regret anything though! I would do it again regardless of the consequences.” He told the whore again and his whole body was tense and he clenched his teeth. Memories and pictures were racing through his mind of Sebastian’s smile and their time together, of Sebastian’s tortured dead body on the ground, how he had had to find it, how it had killed him inside, of the faces of those lunatics, the report with the pictures that had shown what the enemy had done to one of the lunatics, of the room in which the small internal tribunal had taken place and more of Sebastian’s smiling face.

His eyes searched for a bottle of Whiskey or anything alcoholic to numb himself again right away but there was no alcohol available or in his reach but the tension in his body rose further and he felt as if he needed to throw up his own internal organs. Rex took a deep breath and let a hand run over his face trying to calm himself down again.

Micah chuckled at his statement. “For some people, they would waste just as much time thinking how to express what they want to in words. Some just get the guitar and try something else”, he shrugged, then smiled at the sound of the older male’s laugh at his own goofiness about the number of male fans, his gaze going back to the screen, not knowing what they were watching anymore.

The ginger glanced back at William as he gave him permission to sleep and smiled, shaking his head. “No, it’s fine. I enjoy your company”, he said sincerely and opened up a smile to the guard. “Sleep can wait”, the younger said with confidence, even though a yawn betrayed him, making him cover his mouth as it opened almost on its own.

In any case, he got less sleepy when the man started to answer his question. He released his pillow, setting it aside and pulled himself up to sit down and cross his legs underneath himself. The freckled one turned so whole body faced the blond. Gabriel watched his reactions as the words went out of the older’s mouth and couldn’t help but worry at how much it stirred him up in a bad way, making him get all tense and almost shivering in what seemed to be uncontrollable anger and… Sadness? Pain? Emotional pain? That event sure was traumatic and it made him feel terrible to make the other remember those things… In any case, his curiosity still spoke volumes but he knew it was time to stop asking.

Micah took a moment to plan his actions then started to execute them. The ginger boy scooted closer and raised both of his slender hands up to the handsome male’s face, cupping his cheeks when William had just pulled his own hands away from the violent rubbing. He didn’t give the man time to speak or do anything else and leaned in, his head tilted slightly to the side to make it easier, placing a soft kiss on the tall man’s lips. It had been a long while since he last kissed someone. That wasn’t an usual thing in his services, it was a way more intimate thing to do. Or so he felt. He only had one client who loved kissing and it was because he wanted to practice to make out properly with his crush. A dumb reason that could actually be cute.

His strategy was to shock him and summon his anger towards what he just did instead of having those negative memories being played and replayed on his mind. The whore knew how it felt to keep remembering something you don’t want to, from an unpleasing and traumatic moment. The worst was how it felt, because you end up, either you want it or not, getting the same emotions back, as if your mind dragged your body to live again that stupid and horrendous event.

Once they pulled away, he reopened his eyes and looked up at the other. “Calmed down?”, Gabriel asked, gently stroking his face with his thumbs, if allowed.

He had lost his composure and running his hand over his face didn’t help him getting it back. It made him uncomfortable and angry that he displayed something like that to another person but he couldn’t really stop it even though he badly wanted to rid his face and body language from displaying any emotions to the ginger. It was Sebastian's birthday after all and he wasn’t there anymore because of those disgusting little pieces of garbage and Rex just wanted them to suffer how he suffered but they never would. One of them was dead thanks to the blond and the other most likely in prison and people like those could never understand what horrible, barbaric act they had done there and how many people they have crippled by doing it. Not only Rex, whom they probably would have wanted to kill as well if they had the chance because he was gay too, but also Sebastian’s parents and grandparents.

Rex tried to think about something else, he even tried to focus on what was said about battle ships on the TV but the voices got blurred and he couldn’t even really hear them. The man relived the shock and the disturbing pain and rage when he had found Sebastian; it was as if he could feel the cold, stiff, mutilated body of the person he had loved more than everything in his arms again and even though he had seen dozens of corpses and terrible things in his life he had not been able to take that sight and it had been the most awful thing that had ever happened to him and that he had ever seen. The security guard felt the urge to scream and punch everything around him into a pulp but he repressed that.

The blond man had to fight for keeping even a little of his facade up and to not just let out what he didn’t want to endure and want to feel anyway and what he would have drowned in whiskey under other circumstances and he was so caught up in the horrible circle of his memories that he didn’t realise Micah leaning over to him. His eyes widened when he felt the much smaller hands than his own on his cheeks and soon after that could feel warm and soft lips pressed onto his thin dry ones. He was taken aback and his mind got completely confused and useless for a moment. Rex didn’t push the other away or pulled back but he didn’t return the kiss either, his blue eyes just stared wide in surprise and it must have been like kissing a lifeless statue for the whore.

There was no anger against the shorter man rising within him but the shock of suddenly being kissed by him had chased away the flashbacks and pictures for a moment but he was still feeling sick and his head was puree. He lowered his sight once the kiss was broken and his confused narrowed blue eyes gazed into the green ones of the younger man while he was feeling thumps stroking his face. Now he was getting angry but not at the other but at himself. Was this man just comforting him? Did he get the notion that Rex could possibly be vulnerable? How could he have let it come to his?

“What on earth were you thinking?” he scolded the other male sounding grumpy but not actually angered. The other asking him if he had calmed down only made him feel worse about having lost his control over himself and having displayed something .... like this. “I’m fine!” he barked still feeling the warmth where their lips had touched. Since Sebastian had died he hadn’t kissed or been kissed again. He had not kissed those two guys he had hooked up with, why would he have? He hadn’t even gotten it up the first time and the second time he had ravaged that masochists arse and had been so dissatisfied with the experience of sleeping with someone he didn’t give a flying fuck about that he had treated him even colder and as if he had been garbage.

And now this whore had kissed him to distract or to comfort him in such a situation and he really should be mad but he wasn’t mad at anyone but himself. The touch actually made him miss Sebastian even more and that was bad since he had been trying the whole day to not let himself feel all of this again. He had been angered and drunk and he had beaten up that brute and had gotten into a fight with Peter but all in all he had actually managed it and now it was all overflowing him at once.

His calloused hands took the soft ones of the prostitute and he put them away from his face not really looking at the younger man because his expression was still twisted. “Excuse me!” he said and headed towards the bathroom locking the door behind himself to get out of the situation and to try to sort the puree in his mind and think clear again. The man was placing himself onto the edge of the bathtub with his face buried in his hands and then his hands in his blond hair. He didn’t know how long he was sitting there but when he washed his face with cold water, looking at the black eye Peter had given him to return into the living room his shift had ended. And he was thankful for that. He had exposed himself way too much already and he was angry enough about that fact.

Rex took his sunglasses and the jacket and attempted to go to the door. “Thanks for the invitation and the dinner.” He said and when he had already opened the door of the apartment he added:”I see you tomorrow then!” And with that the door was closing behind him.

The security guard didn’t have a long way to go through the storm but when he arrived at his small apartment that was overloaded with his stuff he was completely drenched and his slick back hair was everywhere but not in order. It was as if he had anarchy on his head and he didn’t like anarchy. He changed into dry clothes and then immediately grabbed some whiskey throwing himself onto the sofa with the bottle ignoring the news on the TV but staring at the photos of him and Sebastian that were placed everywhere and that were painful to look at for him in that moment but rather often actually. He drank half of the bottle before he finally was able to turn off his mind and sleep.

When the sun was shining through the windows he woke up feeling like something someone had thrown up and he growled turning around on the sofa covering his head with his arm to dim the light again. He should have closed the window shades but he had forgotten it when he had returned home at night. After laying there like that for a couple of minutes he forced himself to get up. After disappearing in the bathroom and dressing himself he grabbed a protein bar and left the apartment again as soon as he could.

Wishing that he would have something to blend out the voices and noises in the bus that was taking him out of the district into the rich district where he had rented that garage to park his car and store the stuff he hadn’t been able to put into the small apartment that was already bursting with he sat there looking out of the window. His mood got a little better when he saw his white Jeep. The car was like an old friend out of his former life and he also was glad that he didn’t have to take the bus to get into the gym.

The car:

3-format2114.jpg

When he had finished his training at the gym he returned to his apartment to take a shower and to change into the clothes he would wear to the restaurant in the evening. He was wearing a suit without a tie and looked rather different than with the bomber jacket he wore as a security guy in the brothel. The blond was still tall and broad but he was looking much less like a threatening and much less aggressive.

Dressed properly he headed into the pub because he was always meeting his two friends there on his day off and they stayed there from the early afternoon on until the next morning but this time he would leave earlier to catch up Micah for dinner.

With his usual facial expression he was entering the pub and as soon as the door fell close behind him he knew that the afternoon probably wouldn’t go as quiet as he had expected it to go.

Raging Roger was clinging on the bar not able to hold himself on his feet anymore while he was calling someone a cunt and then had a very loud discussion with the landlord who apparently refused to sell him any alcohol today.

Rex stopped next to their usual table where the red beard in his forties was already sitting greeting him with a dry telling smile.

“Let me guess, he has taken too many of his painkillers with too much alcohol again?” the blond asked the former policeman and the man nodded. “Yes. And guess who will drive him to the hospital to get his stomach pumped this time?” he told Rex with a sarcastically cheerful tone of voice and the security guard snorted. “Forget it, I have an appointment. I even got my car for this.” He let the other know but the red beard only laughed. “ Yes you will, this is your time honey he is your son as well. And wonderful that you finally brought your own car so that I don’t have to lend you mine and it isn’t my car he vomits into again this time.” The man joked and it really was as if raging Roger was Rex’s and his son they never had wanted to have.

With a sigh Rex walked towards the bar and he heard raging Roger shouting demandingly:”I can take as much painkillers together with as much alcohol as I want you twat, this is a free country, and now let me buy some Scotch.” The landlord looked annoyed and stressed by Roger even though he already knew the young man whose body looked like that of a stitched together doll. Rex leaned himself next to Roger on the bar and his bass voice made the man turn around to him. “You sure are free to do that. But just because it isn’t illegal to take way too much of your medication together with alcohol it doesn’t mean that it is a smart thing to do! It is actually completely retarded as I have told you how many times exactly?” Rogers blurred eyes narrowed and his expression went stern as he angrily wanted to grab Rex by his collar but his legs didn’t carry him properly anymore and the man who already had a limp due to the damage on his legs in general fell so that Rex had to catch him under his arms. His scarred, stitched back together fingers buried themselves into Rex’s shirt in an attempt to not sink to the ground. “Have you called me retarded? You are retarded! You are a retarded fag!” raging Roger yelled and Rex only shook his head. “I’m not the one hanging in my arms like that close to passing out. Now shut your trap I’ll drive you to the hospital.... again.” “I don’t need to go into the fucking hospital.” The young brunette man protested but his eyes were rolling uncontrollably in their socket.

The red beard waved them goodbye grinning into Rex’s face and Rex just showed him the middle finger when he was opening the door to the pub again. The tall man looked down onto Roger who was hanging over his shoulder and whom he was dragging more than he was walking himself. “If I see you like this ever again I’m going to kick your arse. I am not going to drive you to the hospital another time and I hope for you that I won’t miss my appointment because of your idiocy. And I dare you, if you vomit into my car I’m going to kill you, I mean it Roger!” he growled at the mentally and physically crippled young man who closed his eyes because keeping them opened was even worse. “I didn’t ask you to drive me to the hospital, you are forcing me. Besides, I could still drive myself if the fascist government wouldn’t have taken my driver’s license away from me, those pigs!” he barked and Rex just shook his head saying nothing because it wouldn’t lead anywhere.

Roger’s drivers license had been taken away after he had caused seven accidents in two months due to different reasons that all had to do with his psychological and physical condition. One time he just hadn’t been able to move his hand and leg anymore and had crashed into a flower shop. Another time he had heard a loud noise that had caused a flashback and he had seen himself in a situation that hadn’t been in the present and he had driven into another car. Then he had passed out and all such things. It had been absolutely clear that Roger had been a threat to himself and everyone else as a driver and finally after he had hit an old lady who then had needed a new hip they had taken away the former soldiers drivers license because he wasn’t capable of driving any longer even though that had depressed and enraged Roger even more and had made the young man’s hate grow and Rex had understood that but he knew that the other just couldn’t drive like this and the decision had been right.

He had been lucky enough for Roger to not throw up in his beloved car and in the hospital it all went as usual. The doctors and nurses already knew Roger and Rex had to apologise for the younger man three times and asked that the female doctor Roger had grabbed would not sue him because Roger’s life already was bad enough but apparently this had not been the first time Roger had behaved inappropriately in his condition and the woman handled the young man rather sovereign.

Rex was severely annoyed when they finally left the hospital again and Roger was tiredly limping next to him looking a lot better and a little embarrassed as always after his hospital visits, he also had apologised himself to the doctor whose arse he had grabbed with a red face that had made his thick scars shine out even more. The blond security guard took a look at his wristwatch and he realised that he didn’t have time to bring Roger home first and that he had to drive to Micah’s place first and had to bring Roger home after that if he wanted to be anywhere near punctual and he hated it to not be punctual.

When Roger had laid down on the back-seats of his car he was getting in himself and drove to Micah’s place right away listening to Roger’s childish jokes about him having a date even though he had told him that it wasn’t one, followed by Roger wanting to know whether Rex was the man or the woman in the supposed relationship what Rex had answered with the offer of throwing Roger out of his car.

As soon as the security guard had found a parking space he wanted to leave the car because time was already running away from him and he still hoped to be punctual but he couldn’t leave without telling Roger that he should stay in the car and not run off into a shop or elsewhere because with Roger one could never know. The younger man however assured him that he would stay and shoot at every thug who would try to damage or steal Rex’s car. That didn’t make his concerns decrease it increased them when he saw Roger placing his gun on his chest closing his eyes. “Don’t! Don’t shoot at random people because they walk to close to the car.” Rex told him because he wasn’t trusting Roger’s judgement at all.

Jeff the former police man had once tried to convince Roger to not carry a gun anymore because some situations like loud noises or other things triggered flashbacks and he wasn’t able to judge some situations accurately but that had led to Roger throwing a massive tantrum calling him a fascist and not speaking to neither him nor Rex for about a week. The red beard had then taken the bullets out of Roger’s gun when the other hadn’t seen it but they didn’t know if Roger had realised and had gotten new ones or not. And if he realised it now there was also one of Rex’s own guns in the glove box.

Leaving Roger and his gun behind in his car the blond went up to Micah’s apartment ringing the door bell two minutes late. A little more stressed than he had hoped to appear he waited for the ginger to open the door. When the other finally opened and he looked down into the green eyes he immediately spoke as if he reported something:” I’m sorry for being late. I had to take a friend to the hospital. He is still in the car. We have to bring him home before dinner.” When he realised that he hadn’t even greeted the other he stopped himself and offered his hand:” Also, good evening!”

• 4 weeks later...

Gabriel had shut off everything around him for a moment and simply looked at the other’s face after they pulled away. After he pulled away. The shorter one felt some kind of shiver at the blond’s gaze upon his face, not knowing what to think about it at the moment. Would he get strangled? Beaten up? To be honest, he didn’t think about that kind of consequences after simply kissing William. He didn’t hesitate nor thought twice. He wouldn’t mind if any of that happened, after all, he did manage to shock the blond and bring him back from his terrible daydream. Oh, and also, he was able to see through that wicked shield he wears on. And that surely made his night a lot better.

The ginger chuckled softly at the grumpy scolding, only getting surer that he did something good for him somehow. “You looked too kissable to resist, William”, he replied with a smirk, making sure to sound light and playful. The last thing the security needed was to have his pride shattered by a whore, right? “Did you not like it?”, he asked and made a pouty face up at him.

He was surprised by the somewhat gentle way the guard pulled his hands away. Honestly, he thought he would just push him and get up from the couch. He smiled a bit and nodded as he excused himself, watching the march to the bathroom.

The younger male sighed softly and released his hair, running his hands through it before glancing at Rachmaninoff, who now peacefully slept on one of the pillows from the couch. The whore crawled up to it and stroked his head before getting up. The rain had become much softer and he was thankful for that. But since the older man would probably run away from there as soon as he got out of the restroom, it would be better if he didn’t get wet. Micah went to his room to grab an umbrella then return to the couch, waiting patiently for his guest to get out, petting the kitten while looking at the screen, distracting himself a little bit as his mind displayed the best moments of the day.

Once William walked out of the bathroom, the boy got up and went up to him, handing the umbrella to him. He smiled up at the blond then said. “I’m glad you enjoyed. Thank you for the company. We should do this more often.” The ginger nodded at the information, glad the dinner was still up. “Alright. Good night”, he waved to the other and locked the door once the other shut it, letting a happy sigh out.

The young male walked back to his room, undressed, remaining with his underwear on. He cuddled with the extra pillow and covered himself up, relaxing his body and closing his eyes.

“What a night”, he whispered.

He wakened up in the next morning by the dry licking and the kind of stroking from Rach. The kitten would never meow to wake Micah up. Actually, he almost never meowed. The boy smiled and opened his eyes, looking down at the Siamese stray. “Breakfast time already?”, he groggily said as he petted the fur ball’s head.

The ginger was allowed another five minutes of sleep before the cat started to lick him again. He then got up and went to the kitchen, filling the feline’s food and water bowl before going to get himself some breakfast as well. Since he had his day off today, he took his time preparing scrambled eggs, making some toasts and coffee.

Once he was done, the ginger checked his phone to see if there was anything important. Gaysha’s messages. Apparently drunk texts and some pics which he hesitated to browse but for his surprise, they were only selfies with Peter, some very cheesy but some funny ones too, like in one in which Peter was biting the younger’s cheek and what seemed like an owl judged them from the window behind. Apparently, the dark head got lucky yesterday. Micah wondered if he should tell his colleague about his own achievements but felt that if he decided to, it would be better to do that in person. He wasn’t much of a texting person.

He looked at the time and scratched the back of his head as he noticed that his day would be a long wait. He had nothing better to do, so he decided to spend his day taking care of his place, cleaning, organizing, folding and also petting Rachmaninoff every now and then. Because of his excitement, he sang softly throughout the day. He sang during his /very/ decent shower (one you never know, right?), while he got dressed and in any other occasion.

When it was around 7:00 PM, Gabriel started to put on the clothes he chose and gussy up. He removed the piercing as well as the earrings, not knowing what kind of place they were going and that kind of accessory could be a disaster on some occasions. He styled his hair in an elegant messy way.

The boy wore a long-sleeved black shirt, dark grey pants, and a lighter grey colored blazer. He got a plain yet thin dark orange scarf and threw it around his neck, enjoying how it looked. He felt hot and that was great. Micah got a wristwatch he had and put it on because it had been too long since he last dressed up like this and the situation was worth it. As he checked the time on it, his doorbell rang.

Gabriel’s eyes widened a little bit at the avalanche of information all of a sudden but nodded at what he said then chuckled and shook hands with him. “Good evening to you too”, he replied then pulled away. “No worries”, he said, not really knowing what to think about that guy’s friendships yet. It surprised him he managed to have some around this area. But nothing’s impossible if you try hard enough.

Or so he believed.

His blue eyes wandered over the much shorter man and he apparently had taken some effort into dressing up, he even had taken the metal out of his face and Rex liked the other’s face better without the metal than with it but that didn’t actually matter. The security guard himself had not taken any effort aside from the fact that he was wearing a black suit with an open jacket and without a tie. Aside from that he looked like he always did and he never did much. He shaved his face and made his hair after he had showered and that was it. Back when he had been with Sebastian Rex had shaved his chest and stomach sometimes because the other male had asked him to. Of course Rex had protested at first and had said he would never do something like that and that he should not annoy him with such an idiotic idea but when Sebastian had granted him that he could wish everything from him if he just did it once he had done it. The blond man had felt naked and he had thought he had looked weird without it too but the reward had been worth it so he had agreed to occasionally do that. But since Sebastian had been ripped out of his life the former military man let his body hair do whatever again.

While they were walking down the stairs Rex asked himself whether he should inform the other about Roger’s behaviour but he decided against it. Even though the other man could become bothersome he found it better to let the ginger form an unprejudiced opinion. He just hoped that the man wouldn’t flinch at the sight of the young man’s face and body or look at him shocked or grossed out. It happened to Roger often that especially women stared at him in disgust or couldn’t bear looking or were scared of him due to the scars and stitches he had. That didn’t help Roger getting a better opinion of females again it only made his grudge against them grow each time it happened. Then again some men did that as well but much less often. However for some reason he thought that the whore could probably look at him without letting anything show even if he might find the sight unpleasant so he would trust him with that.

Arriving at his Jeep the blond opened the door for the younger male and waited for him to get into the car before he went around and got on the driver’s seat. When Rex closed the door again he heard a scream and then Roger, who apparently had fallen asleep, falling from the backseat. “Get away from the car you cunts!” he screamed getting up holding the gun but his eyes were still closed. “It’s me Roger.” The blond said with an amused grin on his face. The brunette man opened his eyes and saw the other. “You could have said something.” He muffled getting back onto the seat.

“Micah that’s Roger, Roger that’s Micah!” he introduced them in an indifferent tone of voice and Roger leaned over to the drivers seats to a) greet the other and b) see him. He offered the whore his scarred stitched hand while his eyes looked into the red head’s face. “You look different than I thought when I heard that bastard had a date. I thought he was into manly dudes when I saw his former boyfriend but you look totally gay.” Raging Roger said in his charming ways before he started laughing:“But that definitely answers the question who’s the man and who is the woman in this constellation.”

Rex stopped the car and Roger fell over again because he didn’t use the safety belt. The blond man turned around to the younger male on the backseat and looked at him with his grumpy expression. “You really want me to kick your stupid arse out of my car don’t you!?” he asked not even bothering to try to explain to the other that it wasn’t a date anymore and Roger straightened his back again, groaned and decided to take the safety belt on now. “Sorry.” He said and Rex started the car again and got back on the road.

There was silence in the car for a minute and Roger couldn’t handle that too well. “Actually if you had tits I would fuck you.” He then said to Micah and Rex sighed. “You couldn’t afford that Roger!” he said.

It took Roger a while and then he figured something out. “He’s a whore? A whore from that bordello you work in? Really? Oh my god, you’re having a date with a freaking whore! I would have never thought that you of all people would date a whore. You have really sunken low my friend, from a relationship with a Lieutenant to dating whores.” Raging Roger couldn’t stop laughing what was a tad better than screaming and yelling at people but it was still annoying and didn’t make him less obnoxious. “When they stitched you back together they should have stitched your mouth close for good, there is never coming anything of worth out anyway and everyone around you would be thankful for eternity for that great deed.” The blond said and now Roger looked rather serious and dropped his head a little.

“You don’t have to get that mean. You know they had to stitch parts of my mouth and my tongue too and that I couldn’t speak properly for months to come. “he said and started to be in the pouts for the rest of the drive because even though raging Roger screamed and said all kinds of stuff to other people and expected them to take it he was rather sensitive in a lot of regards.

He parked the car in front of a house that was more run down than Micah’s and Rex’s place but that was all Roger could afford. The young man got out of the car and before Rex followed he turned to Micah. “I’ll bring him up into his apartment, you stay here, you don’t want to see his apartment trust me.” With that he left and accompanied Roger whose face twisted in pain when he was limping up the stairs. The blond let him though and pretended that he wouldn’t see it because the other man would only feel humiliated if he did say something or offered any help and Rex could understand it. In such a situation he would rather endure the pain then having someone offering help that would have only made him angry.

Standing in front of the man’s door the younger one was searching for his key and was cursing loudly when he couldn’t find them at first. Loud enough for his neighbour to open the door and appear in the doorframe. It was a tall thin woman with metal in her face, red strands dyed into black hair and her revealing clothes were black as well. “Oh, I feared something was wrong again.” She said and the little bit of eyebrow rest Roger had on scarred skin furrowed. “How often do I have to tell you that you should stick to your own business MingMing!” he hissed and Rex turned around to the woman. “How often do I have to tell you that my name is Kathrin and not MingMing?” she answered and Rex looked at her questioningly. “He always screams and cramps when he sleeps. The first time I heard it I thought he was about to die. Fortunately he hadn’t locked the door and I could enter. He wasn’t physically harmed but he was in a bad condition somehow. And I can’t just ignore when that happens because I never know what it is and I couldn’t let someone lay there when he needs help.” She explained and since she seemed to have a sense of responsibility and civil courage he instantly liked her regardless of the unconventional clothing style.

“I don’t need your help MingMing! So keep your little punk arse out of my life and my bedroom and leave me alone.” He yelled at her and finally found the keys so that he could enter the chaos he called his apartment.

“You are a friend of his? It’s hard to imagine someone like him has friends. Why is he such an arsehole all the time?” she wanted to know from the blond. Actually most people probably would assume that no one wanted to be Rex’s friend either so they were a quite fitting pair but Rex’s stuff had nothing to do with Roger. “You hear him scream you say? Look at him! Look at his life! He is twenty-six. Now you know the reason.” He said and left out the part where Roger was generally even more of an asshead towards women to protect himself from getting further hurt by them.

Kathrin was looking at the physically destroyed young man and saw how his hands played tricks on him while he tried to get off his boots, how he cursed another time and then just left the left boot on and just turned on the TV. “If you don’t have any plans tonight could you do me a favour?” The tall blond man asked the woman and she nodded with a curious look on her face. “Can you stay at his place and keep him away from alcohol? Distract him a little, see if he is alright. He just came out of hospital and I have an appointment. You can watch some history channel together, you will love his rants and conspiracy theories they are really creative.” Rex tried to paint spending the evening with Roger as funny as possible. For some reason Kathrin seemed to be all for it though:”Sure, I’d like to. I study history actually.” She said and got a comment from Roger thrown into her direction:“As if you got into any university MingMing and I don’t want you here either.”

The black haired woman however was already on her way inside and placed herself onto the sofa next to him making Roger’s face go grumpy. “Piss off KittyKat!” he said but she didn’t. “Can you say something nice too or can you only be a disgusting jerk to people who don’t mean any harm.” She asked in a clear and determined voice while Rex was taking the time of distraction to take a bin liner and throw in every bottle of alcohol he could find in the apartment. “Nice tits!” Roger said as something nice and Rex almost saw himself losing the babysitter for Roger that night. “Thank you. Nice bulge.” She said laughing and placing her feet onto the coffee table. The security guard was positively surprised especially when he could see Roger’s eyes getting a little softer and less aggressive towards the woman and he actually could see the demolished scarred lips twitching as he suppressed a smile.

The blond said goodbye to them and left with a bin liner bursting with bottles. When he arrived at his car he put all the alcohol into the car boot before he returned onto the driver’s seat and back to Micah again. “It took a little longer but now he has someone to stay with him and I could take away his alcohol.” He said and started to drive into the direction of the restaurant that was quite a while away as it was located in a completely different district.

• 4 weeks later...

Gabriel looked up at the man and didn’t hide the fact that he was taking in the sight of William wearing very nice clothes. He had noticed he styled his hair and opened up a smile, absolutely loving the other’s visual. Not to mention the blond was totally his type. Even though he wasn’t wearing a tie, he wished he was. One of his favorite things to do was pull the man by the tie into a kiss. It was something so simple, yet so arousing to the smaller male. “You're looking more handsome than usual, William”, the whore complimented, glancing up at him before happily following the taller man down the stairs.

As they got to the car, the younger smiled at the model, finding the Jeep very suited for the security. Somehow he could totally picture William driving similar models too.

Micah wasn’t expecting to have the door opened for him and smiled warmly up at him. “Thank you”, he said softly and got in, getting comfy in the seat, buckling up. The ginger was very curious about what kind of friend the blond had but expected someone cynic, for sure. He didn’t even have time to look back, though and was startled by the sudden scream, his heartbeat picking up the pace and then triplicating the already sped-up beat as he saw there was a guy with closed eyes pointing a gun at him. He didn’t have time to have a reaction because of the shock. Micah never ever reacted to a guy with a gun, only do as he says and ask to leave after they take whatever. After all, his life worths more than anything a bandit can steal.

However, to his surprise, William easily got out of that situation, once that guy was, in fact, his friend, and not someone who just broke into the car. The ginger let out a soft breath and managed to calm down, he chuckled and offered a polite smile as he turned back to see the scarred man’s face. “Nice to meet you!”, he greeted. Gabriel didn’t really think twice and shook the stitched hand without any hesitation. He dealt with weird men, fat men, ugly men… What was the problem with a stitched man, right?

The prostitute couldn’t help but laugh at the comment on how gay he was, taking it as a compliment. “Why, thank you”. The second thing he said didn’t affect him at all, after all, that was his job and he was ‘the woman’ for a living. Well, 99,7% of the time if it wasn’t for the few clients who’d rather have him dominating them. He had grown used to receive and nowadays preferred to have sex that way. It felt great.

Micah was already used to see William be rude and severe in his words so it was expected of him to be like that to everyone around him. But what did make him smile a little was the mention of “date”. It was fun to think of that evening as a date since it had been so long since he last had one. The short male chuckled at the statement from the straight guy and looked at him, but when he was about to say some sort of thanking, the blond spoke up. If it was someone else, Gabriel would’ve thought that was a small jealous spark. Yet that was still William. So he probably just wanted to make his friend shut up, get him home and go have dinner.

Roger’s words didn’t really hurt him, it was just usual to degrade prostitutes and Micah was more than used to that. So he just looked out at the window, watching as the street lights went by, wondering how the Lieutenant looked like… It must’ve been a gorgeous man. And that was another step in his theory that this man had worked in a military career. For some reason, the whore had the intuition that the reason the blond has been forced to quit had to do with this lover. He was very curious to understand more about that man’s past but had to be extra careful when asking about it, judging by the almost panic attack he had last night, it must’ve been quite rough and traumatic.

Micah observed the building from his window with curiosity. He was used to seeing places like that since he lived in that neighborhood for quite some time so fucked up places were something natural to be seen. The ginger glanced back at the security as he spoke up and nodded. “Yessir”, he replied and smiled. “Take your time”, he added, knowing that might take a while.

“Bye, Roger”, Gabriel said to the man before he left the car.

As he was left by the two men he stretched and sighed softly. He let himself drown in his thoughts. Even if the blond was pretty rude, he was a nice person. There were very few people who would get late to a dinner in order to take a friend to the hospital and then home, making sure he was safe. No matter how tough and brute the guard looked like, he was a nice guy.

Micah waited patiently for William’s return. When he got back into the car, he looked up at him and smiled. “Don’t worry, it’s alright.”

“You’re a pretty nice friend”, he commented when he started to drive.

“It’s the suit!” he said in response to the compliment for his looks. “Other than that I didn’t do anything different and look the same as always.” Rex told the younger male staring ahead fighting with himself to to give the other a compliment in return. “I like your face better without that metal in it.” He growled and it was the nearest thing to a compliment he could make himself say even though he found Micah’s appearance actually pleasant this evening other than at the brothel where he was dressed too slutty for his liking.

The former military man realised that the prostitute had feared that Roger had been a criminal about to rob them and had been terrified by the gun his friend had pointed at him and he could understand that this was the first thing coming into his mind especially in such a neighbourhood. While it certainly was funny how Roger had fallen from the backseat onto the ground the blond wasn’t all too amused with the other pointing his gun at people with closed eyes and it made him think even more that Jeff was probably right about that raging Roger was not in a condition to carry a gun anymore and a part of him feared that one day this might cause an unfortunate accident but there was no talking to the scarred man about this topic without him getting aggressive and throwing a tantrum.

Rex was relieved that Micah handled Roger quite well and if he found him irksome he at least didn’t let it show and laughed about his remarks and comments. It was that weird talent of this man that had driven the security guy nuts when he had tried to get him to leave him alone and to degrade him as this man had seemed to be immune to his rudeness and insults and even worse had continued being affectionate towards him, had even increased his niceness and affection. But with Roger in this situation it was good that the other had this weird talent of being friendly to people even if they were rude like Rex or made inappropriate remarks that one shouldn’t make towards a stranger like Roger.

Hearing the ginger say “Yes Sir.” to him was a good feeling again. It wasn’t his title but it still was respectful and he also liked to be obeyed so there was a pleased look in his eyes when he attempted to get out of the car and heard how Micah told Roger goodbye. Roger, who had expected getting ignored, was rather surprised and then leaned over to the red head another time. “Bye bye pretty! If he doesn’t want you and you get too old for being a whore you can still get tits and let your hair grow out and I’ll take you anytime then.” He said with a suggestive smirk on his destroyed face when Rex barked so deeply that Roger startled for a moment. “Roger! Get out of the car! Right now!” he ordered and the young brunette man laughed. “Yes, major general, Sir!” he said in a mocking way, demonstrating that he actually had no rank anymore and no one had to take his orders. This didn’t make Rex any happier though, especially not when Roger didn’t let go. “You don’t have to be jealous though, I’m just making fun, I don’t think of pinching your girlfriend, I wouldn’t do that to a friend.” He said in the tone he always had when he wanted to provoke other people. “I’m not jealous, he is a man and not my girlfriend and if we were dating there wouldn’t be a woman in the relationship and if your face wasn’t already wracked I’d wrack it right now.” The former major general hissed having enough of Roger for that day who now was in the pouts again because of the comment towards his face and tried to walk faster than Rex.

Rex just sighed when Micah said he needn’t worry and that it was alright. Roger was exhausting, he was exhausting when he screamed and raged as he had done in the afternoon and he was exhausting when he was saying one provoking and dumb thing after the other. Sometimes Rex thought that Jeff was really right as it felt that he and the former policeman had to take care of a toddler together.

He looked at the other a little questioningly while driving his car when he pointed out that he was a good friend. “Let’s just say I am an actual friend. I value real friendship and loyalty and being a friend is not just trying to get something out of a relationship and only being there at bright times but being there when your friend is going through hell as well. And this is why I do annoying things like driving this moron to the hospital when it’s my turn – we take turns – even though it is his own damn fault that he ends up there all the time. This is also why I apologise for him in order to prevent him getting sued and so on. Granted, I didn’t know Roger when he had good times but we met here in this district so of course no one of us could say that he was on the sunny side of life.” He explained to the other. “But this is just what an actual friend does; those spineless cowards who run when the person has a bad time because they can’t get anything out of that person anymore and actually have to invest some nerves into the friendship are pieces of garbage but definitely no true friends.” Rex let him know while outside the window the sceneries slowly changed. The streets got cleaner, the buildings nicer, the smell better and the people wealthier.

“I have to apologise for him pointing a gun at you. We think that he is in no condition to hold his gun anymore, my friend tried to argue with him about it, he had none of that and just freaked so there is not much we can do.” Rex commented with a stern and serious face. “I can understand him too though.” He added before stoically continuing his driving.

• Saga locked this topic