Name: Malaya (no lastname)

Nickname: Maya

Height: 5'7 (1.73m)

Hair color: Black

Eye color: Dark brown

Skin color: Medium brown

"Occupation": Island slave

Sexual Orientation: Unknown

Character Traits: Optimistic, naive, honest, gentle, overly dependent, energetic

Biography: Malaya was born on "Cupid Island" a tiny island in the Philippine sea which is only know by "Members," extremely wealthy men and women who have been referred by friends.

Malaya was raised to see himself and the other islanders as objects, possessions of the island resort. The isolated nature of the island makes it so that the islanders have no exposure to the outside world. Malaya has been trained his entire life to only care about the needs of the 'guests' and not to develop any close relationships with the other islanders.

At a very young age Malaya started to be used for the guests sexual urges. Because of those long years of experience and his feminine figure he has become one of the most popular slaves among the male members. Malaya has been trained to think of this as a positive thing, something to take pride in.

Although he is forced to hide it, Malaya is very curious about the outside world. So he became very excited when he learned that an architect was being brought to the island, since it would be his first time meeting an outsider who wasn't a member. Of course he has no idea that Ryan is under strict contract to never tell anyone about anything he sees on the island and to obey the island rules.

Cupid’s island was a paradise on earth. Less than 50 acres in size, the private resort was covered in lush tropical forests which ended with soft pink beaches. Restaurants and bars were located close to the beaches, just far enough to be out of sight, but close enough that with a quick call or text the members could have a drink hand delivered.

Private villas and upscale shops scattered the land connected by smooth roads. Sleek sports cars moved from one location to the next, chauffeuring members and their requested slaves around the island. Beautiful coral reefs and small harbors filled with yachts speckled the coasts.

The only places less than perfect were the slave’s quarters which were kept carefully hidden. From as young as 4-years-old the slaves were brought to entertain guests in whatever way needed. As soon as they reached their 30s their duties were changed to cooking, cleaning, and driving, any job that was out of the way.

The island members were all billionaires, people who could afford whatever they wanted. People who could have anything they wanted, do anything they wanted. So Cupid’s island gave them something that they couldn’t get back in their home countries.

The rules of the island were simple, but absolute:

-Do not do permanent damage to island property, including the islanders.

-Do not show islanders unapproved media

-Do not speak of the island to non-members

Of course islanders like Malaya only knew the first rule. They were island property, objects for the members to use however they wished. It had been ingrained in their minds since the moment they were born. It wasn’t as if no one questioned it, but everyone knew that talking back or opposing their role meant that they might disappear off the island. No one knew where they were taken, only that they were taken with force in the middle of the night.

Despite that threat, Malaya couldn’t ignore his curiosity about what was beyond the ocean. Even if he could never set foot off the island, he just wanted to know. So when he heard that a non-member was visiting the island for the first time in decades, there was nothing that could stop his excitement.

He wanted to see what a real outsider would look like, would talk like. Because of this he found himself sitting in the waiting area of the island’s airport, an open-air building that was more like a lounge than anything else. As long as no one requested his presence, the slave was allowed free reign of the island. Which meant that he could spend the afternoon waiting to see the outsider.

His bare feet lightly kicked at the wooden floor as he watched the sky impatiently. Every few minutes he checked the band on his arm, a smartwatch which was used by members when they wanted to call him. Of course Malaya didn’t know what it was, to him it was the sign of his position. It looked oddly out of place on his thin body which was dressed in lightweight fabric, which barely hid his intimate areas.

Finally he saw a spot in the sky growing closer. He jumped to his feet, leaning over the rail that separated him from the landing strip. As soon as the plane had safely landed Malaya vaulted over the rail and ran out onto the pavement.

The first face that he saw was a familiar one, prompting the boy to raise his hand to wave. “Master Albert!” He called out. “You’re back.” His feet slowed as he reached the plane, looking up the stairs with wide eyes. “Did you bring that person you mentioned?”

“Ah, Maya.” Albert smiled, he was a middle aged businessman and one of the island’s regulars. “Of course I came back.” He chuckled softly, his arm snaking around Malaya’s bare midriff. “Yes, he came with me, as well as a couple of other members.”

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• -Hideki-

Ryan White

7e58a7ba1dd9c881361b4758ba25bd2e--hot-anime-boy-sexy-anime-guys.jpg

Height: 1,87m

Hair colour: brown

Eye colour: green

Sexual orientation: homosexual

Character traits: visionary, imaginative, creative, optimistic, passionate, open minded, workaholic, confident, efficient, reliable, loyal, competitive

Biography:

Ryan always wanted to be an architect since he was a child. He not only dreamed of creating single buildings but to influence and to one day change his county’s capital city, in which he was born, forever. He would draw pictures of how he imagined the city to be and enjoyed the thought of making a difference in the world, to leave something of use and value to the people of his nation.

And when he finally had reached his goal and was allowed to call himself an architect he focused completely on his work alone. His effort paid off and Ryan, who had never left the country before, got the opportunity to be the architect who should design a gigantic hotel and wellness resort on a tropic island. Even though it wasn’t yet his dream of changing his native country and his home city, this felt like a golden ticket to him with his 31 years. This was an important client who trusted him and no one else with this, plus, he would see another, faraway place of the world which would be so much different from everything that he knew from home.

It was a small, luxurious aeroplane and a bright, hot summer day. Ryan was wearing his sunglasses while looking out of the window. He had never been in an aeroplane before and he had never left his country but now he was already sitting in his comfortable seat for many hours and his excitement for the arrival on the foreign tropical island hadn’t decreased in the slightest.

Not only did he get to see such an interesting and different part of the world and to experience another culture, he was also hired to change the islands skyline and build the main attraction for the wealthy tourists. And it seemed as if he was going to live as if he was a billionaire for his stay on the island. They had shown him pictures of the villa he would live in, the cars that they would offer him – they also wanted to offer him a chauffeur but he rejected that offer because he wanted to drive the awesome cars by himself- and staff who would do his household and cooking.

It had been a surprise when they had offered him the job a month ago. Yes, he had applied but he hadn’t expected to be the one out of all those other and far more experienced and popular architects who’d get the deal. Here he was though, this was his golden ticket.

Back at home when he had met with the important people of the corporation he would design the hotel and the wellness resort for, he had realised that he had been the youngest man in the room.

Most of the other people present had been twice his age already and it had made him proud. But he also remembered the lump in his throat when the grey haired and cold eyed, authoritarian looking CEO, well known for staring people into the abyss, had told him that she would rip him apart or devour him alive if he made a single mistake. However there was also the enthusiasm he had felt after she had let him know that if he did a proper job, she would hire him again and then for a building in the city centre of his home city. His dream became closer, he felt as if he had just climbed far higher on the ladder than he was before.

He wouldn’t let them down, he would make this even greater than they could ever imagine. He’d impress not only that iron lady but everyone who had sat there with him in that bloody conference room.

They had also told him some rules. The first one was ridiculously obvious. Of course one shouldn’t vandalise private and public property and even more obvious to not harm your fellow men. It was a criminal act to do harm to another human being. He was not a criminal; he wouldn’t vandalise anything nor harm anyone be they tourists, residents or native people, why would they even differentiate? Ryan White was in fact very obedient to the law of his nation. He never entered a subway without a ticket and he never ever in his life had crossed a road at red light. If he hadn’t been that happy about the opportunity he would have felt a little insulted that they even thought it was necessary to tell him that this was a rule there, even though he didn’t understand the odd wording and that differentiation.

The second rule was completely weird to him. Why shouldn’t the islanders watch whatever they like? Who was governing this place? But at the end of the day this was not his island, was it? He was merely a guest and just hired to build a resort and a hotel.

The third rule was pure elitism to him. This was a place only known to the wealthiest people on the planet and they wanted this place to stay that way and be only reserved for them. He didn’t necessarily agree with this way of thinking but he got it and would respect that.

Ryan realised that the aeroplane was on landing approach now and he felt a new wave of excitement, when he pressed his face onto the window like some bloody child. He kept doing that until he remembered that he should refresh his sun blocker, his pale white skin burned rather easily and this didn’t only make him look like some lobster but was also painful as fuck. So he prepared himself. He just had put the bottle of sun blocker back into his luggage when the aeroplane opened its doors and the few other people left. Deciding that he would probably get thirsty fast here he took one of the water bottles which were designed to look like giant diamonds with him. It had positively surprised him that they had thought about giving him sparkling water, just as he was used to and just as he liked it. Finally he stepped outside, even through his sunglasses it was way too bright for his light grey eyes and the sun seemed to be merciless at this place. He didn’t care though and looked around. This was the strangest airport that he could have imagined but it looked kind of interesting. A little disoriented he looked around for the man of the corporation who had been told to drive him to the villa so that he could unpack but he couldn’t identify the guy so he decided to stay near the aeroplane. He went over to an older gentleman he had had a nice conversation with before who was just getting approached and welcomed by a young man. Apparently the older man’s given name was Albert. He didn’t understand why this handsome young fellow with the black hair was calling him master though. But it was surely none of his business and he decided to not ask any questions and come off as some curious guy whose behaviour was inappropriate. So he smiled, cleared his face from some messed up strands of his light brown hair and offered the unknown young man his hand saying: “Good day Sir, my name is Ryan White, pleased to meet you.”

All of Malaya's excitement seemed to melt into nervousness as the outsider descended from the plane. He didn't really know how to act around someone like this. He found himself pressing closer to Albert's familiar body, glancing up at him for and hint as to how he should behave.

The extended hand brought nothing but more nerves and confusion, which Malaya couldn't keep from showing on his face. "Um... My name is Malaya, but you can just call me Maya. It's easier to pronounce." He bowed his head in greeting. After a moment of hesitation he took Ryan's hand and gave it a gentle kiss before smiling up at the man. "It's nice to meet you Master Ryan."

"Ah, I suppose you've never seen a handshake?" Albert lightly patted the boy's dark hair, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. "By the way, you can just consider Mr. White an honorary member while he's here. I'm sure there will be an announcement about that tonight."

Malaya's cheeks flushed softly as he straightened up. "I've seen handshakes in movies." He protested. "But isn't that what people do with each other? It'd be rude for me to shake his hand." His brow furrowed in a frown. "Unless... Master Ryan wanted me to shake his hand... In that case I'm really sorry for being rude."

"I'm sure he can forgive you." Albert turned back to Ryan. "You had someone meeting you here to pick you up, correct? He is probably waiting for you in the parking area. I am headed there myself so I can show you the way." He kept his arm around Malaya, his fingers moving under the light fabric to feel his skin.

Just past the waiting room was a small parking lot filled with luxurious cars, each one with a chauffeur waiting inside. Some of the members had already gotten into the cars and were pulling out onto the road.

Albert finally released Malaya's body and walked towards one of the cars. "Well, I'll leave Maya here to keep you company until you find your lodging." He called over his shoulder. "I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here."

The young man’s reaction to him wanting to shake hands was rather confusing to him. At first he thought the guy was just being rude, maybe Ryan wasn’t rich or important enough to shake his hand and turning him down was just his way of telling him that he didn’t welcome him and that he didn’t respect him. But then the slender bodied man bowed his head before him and now he thought he got what really had happened. A misunderstanding, maybe they didn’t shake hands here but bowed before each other as a greeting. He hoped that he didn’t came off as a jerk who didn’t respect foreign ways of living, he simply hadn’t known that handshakes weren’t the way to go. Just when he wanted to greet the younger man by bowing - he was a guest at on this island after all so it was the only polite thing to assimilate into their society as long as he stayed here - the islander took his hand and gently pressed his soft lips onto his veiny, long fingered hand. This had completely taken him by surprise and he thought it was incredibly uncomfortable that a stranger just kissed his hand as if he was a king in the dark ages. He wasn’t, he was just a normal guy, successful, kind of, still a normal guy though. Why would this man treat him as if he was above him or somehow special? Never had he seen a person greeting a complete stranger like that, he hadn’t even seen someone treating friends like that. It wasn’t that he didn’t like the sensation of the lips on his hand but he’d rather not be treated like this, it was weird and confusing and also didn’t seem like a cultural thing.

Ryan wasn’t even finished with being put off by the greeting, when Mayala, that was the name of the man who hadn’t told him his last name, called him master too just like Albert. Last time he checked he wasn’t anyone’s master, so why was he saying master to him? Was there anything about him that made him do that? It felt odd. He never wanted to be someone’s master. He would like to be a boss one day but that was a completely different thing than being someone’s master. “Why are you calling me master ? I’m not your master, I’m just Ryan or Mr. White if you don’t want to get to informal with me.” He decided to let the other man know.

Thinking this conversation couldn’t get any more uncomfortable he heard what Mayala had to say about shaking his hand and he was caught off guard again. “But you are a person aren't you not? Why would it be weird for you to exchange a gesture that is a sign of mutual respect?” he asked without thinking his words over in his head. “So of course I intended that you’d shake my hand but you can refuse to do it if you don’t want to, I and no one else for that matter can force you to do something you don’t want to do right. You have your free will.” He explained and ended the greeting subject in his head. Even though he didn’t thought about this particular issue anymore, this still got him thinking in a more general way. This island seemed to be different than what he had thought and it would probably take him a long time to understand anything about that place.

He saw Albert patting Mayala on the head as if he was a child and listened when the man spoke to him. He nodded and followed the two men with his luggage. While he was walking he examined the both of them. In which relationship did those two stand to each other? Apparently the dark featured young man considered not only Albert his master. So were they in a romantic relationship or was Mayala working for him? He couldn’t tell. Not turning his eyes away from them he saw the older man shoving his hand under the younger ones clothes while holding him tightly. Ryan couldn’t help himself but to think that this was rude behaviour and that it showed a lack of respect towards him and the other people who were around. Ryan would have never thought of shoving his hands underneath the clothes of his ex-boyfriend and to fondle him in public back at home. This was uncalled for. Maybe they had another perception about this in their culture though, he didn’t like it regardless and averted his eyes.

Albert left Mayala with him to wait and he looked at the shorter and more feminine figure next to himself and asked himself if this man actually wanted to wait with him or not and why Albert would just lend the other man to him without asking if he wanted to stay. He took a deep breath, looked up to the clear blue sky and then back to the man next to him. “Hey, Mayala!” he started to talk, yes, he had told him to call him by his nickname for it was supposedly easier to pronounce but wasn’t it weird to call someone you just met by a nickname and it also couldn’t be too hard to pronounce that name, he at least tried to get it right. “May I ask you a question; you don’t have to answer if that’s too personal though.” He continued because he just couldn’t repress his curiosity any longer. “Are you and Albert romantic partners, lovers or do you work for him? What kind of relationship is it that you both have?” His grey eyes behind the sun glasses rested at the dark brown ones of the other man. “You also don’t have to wait here with me if you don’t want to, you probably got better and more important things to do then wasting time talking to a complete stranger.” He let him know because even though he didn’t know why, he had the feeling that Mayala didn’t consider that he had the option to not do what Albert had told him to do.

It took a while but then a luxurious limousine came rushing to the parking lot. Out came a blond, lean man with a large smile on his face and shiny white teeth. He wore sunglasses too only that his were much more expensive than the ones Ryan wore, his suit was also a few classes above his own. “Mr. White, welcome to our wonderful little island. Please excuse me for being late, I had a client before and she just couldn’t stop blabbering. Anyways, I am here to bring you to your villa and explain how everything works. I am Fred Garnett by the way, I sell properties to the members in the name of the corporation and I am also your contact man here.” He introduced himself and while Ryan was clearly attracted by his physical appearance, he didn’t really know if he should like this guy or don’t like this guy and he already knew that he would probably not utilise his services too often.

Malaya could do nothing but stare in confusion as Ryan called him a person, saying that he had free will. What was he saying? He saw Malaya as an equal? He was asking to be called by his first name? Outsiders really must have strange beliefs, Malaya had never met someone who acted this way. Mutual respect… That was such a strange thing to say, the respect should only go one way.

He couldn’t help but glance back at the strange man as they walked, his confusion only growing as he saw Ryan’s discomfort. This was a very normal thing on the island. It wasn’t unusual to see two members talking business while being pleasured by islanders.

All this strange behavior just made Malaya more curious about the outside world. Were there people who actually looked like islanders? Was that why Ryan was getting Malaya confused for an actual person? If that was the case, then maybe he could actually go to the outside world and blend in. He had to quickly push the idea away, that was the kind of thing that could get him taken. Just the idea made a shudder go down his spine. He could still remember peering out of his tiny window and watching as someone was beaten in the street until they lost consciousness and were dragged away.

He was snapped out of his memories as Albert pulled away, telling him to wait with Ryan. “Bye Master Albert, enjoy your stay.” Malaya called out, waving goodbye.

The boy paused for a moment, sneaking a glance at Ryan. He was just about to ask a question when the man spoke. “Ah, yes?” He perked up, taking a step closer. He was surprised to be called by his real name, but it couldn’t compare to the surprise he felt from the question.

“Our… Relationship?” He shook his head in confusion. “I think you might be a little confused Master Ryan… I’m not a person, I am simply island property. So it would be impossible for me to have a romantic relationship with anyone, or work for anyone. I’m just an object that Master Albert and other members use to help them enjoy their stay.”

“Since you’re an honorary member you are also welcome to use me however you wish, as long as you don’t do permanent damage to my body.” Malaya gave a sweet smile, unaware of how an outsider might react to such a revelation. “And I’m happy to wait with you. I’ve never met anyone who isn’t a member, so I’m really curious about you.”

“Ah, of course I’ll leave you alone if I’m bothering you.” His cheeks flushed softly as he realized that his curiosity might be annoying. “You don’t have to talk to me or anything, I just think it’s really interesting… You’re already so different from anyone I’ve met. It’s really amazing.”

Malaya went quiet as the limousine pulled up and stepped back. A tiny whimper of fear escaped him as he saw who it was. He lowered his head in a deep bow, chewing his lip with anxiety. Everyone knew how much power the direct contacts to the island management had. Members would ignore small mistakes, sometimes even encourage them. But people like Garnett would not tolerate any misbehavior or mistakes. If Malaya did anything wrong he could be beaten within an inch of his life. He was almost regretting the fact that he came to see the outsider arrive, he hadn’t expected someone so powerful to pick him up. Even worse was that Malaya couldn’t leave now, he had to wait for the other two to leave or to dismiss him. For now he was stuck, waiting for something to happen and praying that he wouldn't do anything wrong.

Ryan’s jaw dropped when he heard the other man explain that he was merely an object and not a person. This was crazy. Did he really believe that? Or wait, was he a robot, a realistically looking astonishing piece of technology? No, this wasn’t really likely.

“Excuse me...” he said and then carefully took the other mans wrist in order to check his pulse. He definitely had one. Malaya was not a robot he was a human being. “You are a human being and not a robot. You aren’t a constructed lifeless object; you are a person and as such have human rights.”

While Fred Garnett came closer towards them Ryan saw that Malaya was getting more and more uncomfortable, even scared, he just didn’t know why. With a wondering face he looked at Malaya and then back at Fred who now had realised the presence of the young man with the dark brown eyes. The way the blond man was smiling at Ryan turned into an approving grin. “As I see you’ve been rather fast to get yourself a slave huh?” he exclaimed and again Ryan didn’t understand what those people were talking about. He hadn't got himself a slave; he was just having a conversation with another guy. “No, I haven’t. He isn’t my slave, I obviously don’t own slaves, no one ever should, I just met him, he seems to be a nice fellow and we had a little chat...” the brown haired architect tried to explain himself but Fred hadn’t listened. Without the grin or a smile, but in a cold and dominating way, that said “you are beneath me” the contact man looked at Malaya. “You, get in the car and place yourself on the floor where you belong. Hurry!” he ordered the young man around.

Ryan couldn’t believe what he had seen there. “Sir, you can’t just treat him like that.” he protested and Fred turned back to smiling. “Of course I can. I can do everything I want to it, it has to do whatever I say. It’s a slave and has fewer rights than my dog.” Now Ryan was getting angry. “He can’t be a slave; you can’t own another human being. This is inhuman and a violation of human ri....” Fred pressed his pale hand on Ryans mouth to make him shut his trap. “Don’t be silly old chap. I see you have a lot to learn but I guarantee you that you’ll understand and come to love our way of life soon enough.”

The limousine had a lot of room to sit comfortably but Ryan didn’t feel comfortable at all. He was beginning to think that he should never had come to this place and even though he had just arrived he wanted to go back home already. Then he had thought that it might just be some lunatic nightmare and he had pinched himself but it seemed to be real. He was still sitting there with Malaya on the ground, Fred next to him and a Doberman pinscher devouring an expensive steak on the seat next to Fred. Sweat started to run down Ryans neck and the lump in his throat was back there. He couldn’t stand this situation, this man was not supposed to sit on the floor while even the bloody dog sat at a higher position. He had also noticed that Fred didn’t bother to call Malaya by his name, but referred to him as “hey, you”. He also didn’t say he to him, he said it. While he had introduced his dog with his name to him. This was all wrong, everything on this island was wrong. If this wasn’t some morbid joke to shock him it meant that they really had slavery at this place.

He wanted to do something, get Malaya up from the floor at least. “Mr. Garnett, you said I can demand him to do everything right?” he wanted to be sure. “This is correct.” Fred nodded. “And he’ll obey?” he reassured himself. “Also correct! Just don’t damage it.” To keep himself from lashing out at the arrogant man next to him he took a deep breath and then said:”Malaya, I demand you to sit next to me as a person and an equal.”

Fred Garnett turned around to face Ryan better:”Lame! You outsiders are boring as hell but we’ll make you one of us and you’ll love it. I basically grew up on this island, I was even born here, because my parents are some big fishes at the corporation. But I’ve been to your places, I’ve seen your pathetic lives and how you have to pretend to respect inferior people as your equals. It’s nasty. I would never want to live this way and if you were honest with yourself, you would know that you want them to respect your superiority and your authority too. Here you’ll learn to come to glory, we'll teach you. Didn’t you ever want to be the master you truly are inside?” Fred ended his speech and Ryan had the feeling he honestly believed the garbage he spread there and he wanted to vomit. “No this is insane! I am not a master, I don’t want to be anyone’s master and there are no people who are inferior to me. I’m not superior of Malaya or some other islander here. And to be frank, I think what you just expressed there is rather disgusting.” Ryan bit his tongue to not go any further. He probably shouldn’t have said disgusting, now he might be in trouble. Fred looked at him and for a moment he seemed to be confused, then he busted out into laughter. “That was a good one my friend you almost got me. You are a funny chap aren’t you?” Now it was Ryan who was confused yet again, did this guy think he was joking? What was wrong with this place and the people here? “I wasn’t joking Mr. Garnett. I am an egalitarian.” The brown haired man assured the other but Garnett snorted and broke out into an even heavier storm of laughter:”Egalitarian he said. It’s getting even better.”

And while Fred was doubling up with laughter Ryan leaned over to Malaya and whispered in his ear:”I’m sorry I had to order you around like that but I didn’t know how else to help. Also, what’s wrong with that man? Is he some crazy extremist or something?”

From the side of his eye he saw Fred taking off his sunglasses because his eyes had filled up with water while he was laughing too hard about Ryan. His eyes had a piercing and clear blue colouring and his face was even more attractive without the sunglasses than with them but now that Ryan had had to talk to him he couldn’t see that anymore. He just saw an incredibly repulsive human being.

The contact man put his sunglasses back on and leaned over to his dog who just finished his steak. He attempted to check the animal’s teeth, what the dog didn’t like but tolerated. Ryan had never seen a dog with such good dental hygiene but the blond man examined the teeth carefully and sceptically. His facial expression turned from concerned into angry. “Is this a discolouration? Or even a sign of calculus?” he screamed out pointing at a single tooth. Ryan looked at the dogs tooth. “No, I don’t see anything.” This dog had ridiculously white teeth. Not a single one had a stain of yellow. “Look closer!” Fred demanded and pulled Ryan over by his tie. The architect was forced to be too close to this dogs mouth and yes, he could see a slight difference in colour, that seemed to be rather normal. “I don’t think you have to worry. It’s not calculus.” He tried to calm down the upset man.

“What! This stupid woman! For what does it think it is my dogs personal slave!” Ryan really wanted to leave this car right here, right now, but they were driving too fast and he would have ended up in the hospital. So he expected a tantrum. “It will regret this.” He pushed a button and talked to the chauffeur whom he called “eleven” and he had told “eleven” that they shall order “twenty-three” to wait for him to return sitting on the red sofa and “seven” to assure that “twenty-three” wouldn’t move a single centimetre.

“I’m sorry Mr.White, some trouble with my personal house slaves, those stupid things can’t do anything right you know. But you’ll see soon enough since you got some of your own at your villa.” He informed him. “I’d recommend you to just number them, it is much easier than learning their names you know.” Fred advised Ryan and thought he did a good deed with that practical piece of advice.

“What? I have what? I thought I had staff working for me. You know, people who do those tasks on their free will and get paid for it.” Once again Fred laughed at him, then he placed his strong arm around his shoulders and leaned in a bit closer towards him. This made the smell of his perfume even more intense than it already was. “You are completely naive, it’s kinda cute actually. I invite you to my party tonight after your announcement gala. It’s an honour, I throw very exclusive parties. You can bring your new slave too.” He pointed at Malaya. “I won’t accept a no and I am sure you don’t want to insult me.” The blond man ended and Ryan rid himself of the other mans arm. “I don’t intent to insult you and I’ll attend your party but I can’t speak for Malaya, if he doesn’t want to, he doesn’t want to, I can’t force him to come. “ he answered and Fred misunderstood him again. “Hey, you!” he now spoke to Malaya:”You will accompany Mr.White to my party and to the gala, understood.” He demanded and then patted Ryan on the back. “There you go, it’s easy. He’ll respect your authority just as well as mine.” Ryan took another deep breath. “What I really was trying to say was, that neither you nor I have any authority over him in the first place.” He corrected the misunderstanding making Mr. Fred Garnett burst into laughter again.

With an exhausted expression Ryan turned to Malaya:”I am sorry I ruined your day this way. If there is anything that I could do to make this up to you, tell me.” He said. There was no excitement and enthusiasm left in Ryan anymore. This was not what he had expected and he already hated it.

“Yes Master Garnett.” Malaya didn’t hesitate for a moment, climbing into the limo and sitting on the floor in a corner. He hugged his legs to his chest, trying to take up as little space as possible. He hoped that he could take up so little space that the men would forget his presence and he wouldn’t be hurt.

His eyes stayed lowered in respect, not making eye contact for fear that he might come across as rude. When Ryan made the order for him to sit up on the seat it made Malaya’s heart stop. This was the thing he hated most, conflicting orders. His gaze moved to Garnett, trying to find some signal as to what he should do. When he didn’t see any sign of protest he crawled over to Ryan and got up on the seat, his body trembling slightly. He still kept his head bowed and eyes on the floor.

Malaya couldn’t say anything to respond to the outsider, but the brief glance he gave Ryan said it all. He saw Ryan as the strange one. The way he kept insisting that Malaya was his equal, that no one should be a slave or a master. It was all so wrong. How could anyone deny the natural order of things? Even if there were people who looked like Malaya in the outside world, this should have been enough for Ryan to realize that Malaya wasn’t one of them. How could he still not understand that?

His fingers moved to trace the shape of his watch as Garret yelled at the chauffer. Times like this made Malaya grateful that he had developed a talent for sex. It meant that he couldn’t become anyone’s personal slave, it would upset too many other guests.

He visibly jumped as he was addressed, sitting up in attention. Although he immediately lowered his head again in obedience as the order was given. “Yes Master Garnett.” He murmured, just loud enough that the men would hear that he had accepted it but quiet enough that they could easily speak over him.

Again Ryan’s comment only earned him a look of confusion. Why in the world would this man be apologizing to Malaya? It seemed that the slave’s involvement had brought discomfort to the situation. If he hadn’t been present than the ride might have been much more pleasant for the outsider.

This thought made Malaya bow his head even deeper. “I apologize that my presence has given you an unpleasant memory Master White.” Once again he spoke in a soft, submissive tone, using Ryan’s last name to show his respect. “If there is anything I can do to make it right or any punishment that you see fit I will happily receive it. Please, I beg of you, allow me to do something to improve your experience.” His shoulders were trembling by the time he finished speaking. Perhaps it would have been better to stay quiet, especially with Garnett still present. If Ryan couldn’t think of an appropriate punishment then Garnett might come up with something.

But it was too late for that, Malaya could only wait for some kind of punishment to be given.

((I added Malaya’s picture to my starting post))

Unfortunately Ryan’s words and actions seemed to only cause confusion and misunderstandings.

There was a communication issue but it wasn’t due to the words they spoke or their phrasing but their different perceptions and interpretations of the world.

All Ryan could see was wrong doings and injustices but according to Malaya’s and Fred’s reactions towards his words he knew that both didn’t see anything wrong here.

While he had thought Fred was some weird kind of extremist with a superiority complex he had expected Malaya to at least know that he was treated unfairly and in an inhuman way. But he apparently not only actually believed that he was not a person but seemed to think that what’s going on here was just and right.

Both men were born on the island and grew up with this kind of social hierarchy.

Now he asked himself what Malaya was thinking about him and what he said and did. Did Ryan come off to Malaya as Fred did to him? He hoped not.

When the young man started to apologise in a much too submissive way for a reason Ryan didn’t get he didn’t know what to do. Had he insulted him in some way?

“You haven’t done anything wrong. Really, I didn’t mean to make you feel as if your presence was bothering me. You aren’t the one who gave me an unpleasant memory.” he assured the islander and gave a quick look to Fred Garnett who didn’t realise it because he was too busy finding another thing on his dog he could give that poor woman hell for.

When the word punishment was thrown into the room the blond man listened up though and turned to Ryan awaiting his decision.

Ryan started to sweat even more and the car suddenly felt way too small and constricting. “I don’t want to punish you and you didn’t....” Mr. Garnett cut him off. “If you don’t have any ideas for a punishment, let me help you. I’d suggest that this little sex slave here does what he is here for and gives you a good time to make up for his wrong doings. And as a punishment he could clean the stairs that lead to the entrance of your villa with his tongue.” Again Fred apparently thought he was doing him a favour and that he was just not wanting to punish Malaya because he had no ideas but this was not the case and the idea of what he had suggested there repulsed him and made him nervous.

Additionally knowing that Malaya was used for sex was an outrageous thought that made him angry and sad and grossed out by Albert and all those other people who used him like that.

“No! Absolutely not! I don’t want to have anyone touching me or to touch someone who doesn’t want this out of his free will and who doesn’t do this because he likes me and is attracted to me. I would never have sex with someone who just did it because he thinks he is obligated to do this.” He shouted at Fred not even realising that he was shouting.

Then he turned to Malaya:”I want you to have dinner with me before the announcement so that you can tell me what I have to expect at that meeting. As a punishment I want you to read some books for me out loud in my presence.” He ordered and he sounded much more commanding then he had the whole time before.

Even though Fred was glad to see him giving a serious order he had gotten suspicious when the word “books” had fallen. “What books Mr. White?” he demanded to know in this dominant voice he had used towards Malaya before.

“Books about architecture of course, what else could it possibly be?” Ryan barked in a condescending way. “I really like to hear someone reading those books to me while I work, it’s inspiring me to work at a high level and it’s for the purpose of your corporation. I also think Malaya has a nice and compelling voice too” He explained further but Fred had already lost interest.

This had been a lie, those books had nothing to do with architecture and he didn’t want him to read them to him because he liked his voice, even though he indeed did like his voice.

By now Ryan knew exactly why those weird rules were in place and why they were phrased in such a weird way.

When he finally had arrived at the villa he didn’t care about the impressive building anymore, not even the cars interested him. He didn’t want Fred to show him around and he had tried to release all his house slaves before they could even have said "Hello" to him. Only to have Fred explaining to him that they belonged to that villa just as the furniture and the luxurious wood that covered the floor and that their only purpose was to serve those above them, so they had no real life of their own anyway.

So he unfortunately had to keep them but he intended to not demand any help from them.

After Fred had finally left him alone, he had entered the villa.

Ryan was completely exhausted, he threw his luggage somewhere - he wasn’t thrilled about unpacking any longer- and threw himself onto a black leather sofa. He closed his eyes, sighed and then opened them again. “Do you know a nice place where we can have dinner, I am hungry as hell?” he asked Malaya.

Malaya could feel tears burning his eyes as he listened to Ryan speak. He didn’t understand this at all. He would rather just be punished and get it over with. He was just about ready to slip to his knees at Garnett’s suggestion, but once again Ryan protested.

The boy couldn’t help but flinch at the sound of the outsider’s shout, expecting it to be aimed towards himself.

“Yes Master White…” Malaya murmured, his voice hoarse with fear. His gaze lifted for a moment, confused by the conversation between the two men. Why would it matter what kind of books he read? It wasn’t as though any books could damage him.

Malaya remained silent as he followed the men out of the car, keeping his gaze on the floor as he trailed behind them. He didn’t want to be punished for leaving before being dismissed, but he also didn’t want to be reprimanded for being too clingy.

Watching the two interact only made Malaya more confused. Why was Ryan trying to dismiss his slaves? That was where they belonged, they were the ones who would make sure that Ryan didn't have to worry about cooking or cleaning. Without them Ryan would be forced to do such unpleasant things himself.

Relief washed over him as Malaya watched Garrnett leave, he finally wouldn't have to worry about such a dangerous man. He was able to relax more as Ryan reclined on the couch and made a request, this time without calling Malaya by name.

“Ah, I apologize Master White. I am not allowed to get food from the island restaurants so I do not know which ones are best. I can ask the cooks to make you whatever you feel like eating...” He picked up the man’s discarded luggage. “There should be a tablet for you in your room which has information on various things from the island.I can fetch it for you so you can look through it?”

Ryan made a stupid unbelieving face when Malaya told him he wasn’t allowed to eat at the restaurants.

His disapproval was now even clearer to see that his green-greyish eyes weren’t hidden behind the sunglasses any longer. “They won’t let you eat at the restaurants? This island is absolutely awful.” he was shocked and concern was now written all over his face.

When the other man suggested that he could ask the cooks to prepare a meal he remembered that the cooks were actually the slaves and he instantly called Malaya to a halt gesturing with his hands:” No, no, no, please don’t do that, that’s not necessary.”

He sighed: “Malaya I don’t support slavery, I am really opposed to all of this and I don’t want people who are unfree and are forced to work without payment working for me. I might ask for their services at one point if I have to but if so I’ll pay them and I have to figure out what payment would be appropriate since I don’t know what a cook or a housemaid earns. I have to look that up tomorrow.”

He stood up from the sofa and walked a few steps into the direction of the kitchen. “Then I’ll just have to cook for the two of us I suppose. It won’t be a gourmet menu but I hope you’ll be okay with it. Is there anything that you don’t like to eat or are allergic to?" he asked and stretched his body, then he turned back to the other man again. “Malaya, I’d be glad if you’d want to help me to cook. You could tell me something about yourself if you’d like and we could get to know each other but if you’d rather stay here and watch a movie or just relax that’s completely fine with me too and I’ll just cook alone then. Make yourself at home.” he invited him to accompany him to the kitchen and smiled, at least a little of his positivity had come back to him at this moment.

Malaya stopped in his tracks, hesitating for a moment before setting down the man's luggage. "I'm sorry... I really don't understand... We aren't people, so it would be wrong for us to be paid or be able to make our own choices..." He shook his head slightly. "You must be confused... Maybe there are people who look like us in the outside world, but we aren't people."

His eyes grew wide as Ryan mentioned cooking. "Wha-? N-no, wait!" He ran after the man reaching out to lightly grab the edge of his shirt. "Master White, please don't do such a thing." His hand quickly recoiled as he realized that he had touched his master without permission. "I can cook for you if you don't want to ask the cooks. I'm not trained in that, but you shouldn't have to do something so inconvenient." The boy's voice was tinted with panic and confusion. If it was found out that he had allowed his master to do the cooking, and even worse eaten with his master as an equal, he would no doubt be punished.

"Please..." Malaya bowed his head to the man. "I don't understand why you won't let us serve you... You didn't avoid sitting on the couch, or riding in the car... So why should using us be any different?" He lifted his gaze again, searching Ryan's face for an explanation. Something that he could understand.

He felt the other man’s hand getting hold of his clothes and paused for a minute. Again Malaya seemed to be unhappy and confused by his ways and what he intended to do.

The man with the long black hair was almost begging him to not cook for them and seemed to be shocked by the fact that Ryan refused to make use of slave labour.

Too calm himself down and to not appear too energetic he closed his eyes for a second and then turned around to face the young man. “Right, I don’t have a problem using a car and a sofa because they are merely tools designed by men for men. They are inanimate objects! They don’t have a pulse, no brain, no heart, no consciousness. They don’t live and aren’t aware of themselves. They weren’t born, they were manufactured.” He reduced the distance between himself and Malaya. “You, Malaya aren’t an inanimate object. You are alive; you have a heart, a brain, a consciousness and are self-aware. You weren’t manufactured you were born just like I was born. We both belong to the same species; we are both human beings and as such have human rights and dignity. You and I we aren’t much different. If we’d both strip naked we’d look identical.” Ryan took his hand and interlocked his fingers with Malaya’s fingers.

“There was a time before the families of Fred Garnett and the like came to this island but they apparently did everything to erase those memories out of your minds. They tell you that you are an object, are inferior to them, that that’s the nature of things and how it always has been and that you don’t have any right to a free will. They say that to keep them in power and to hold authority over you. Why do you think that Garnett doesn’t want you to read certain books? Why aren’t you allowed to leave this place?” he asked rhetorically, “Because they don’t want you to question all of this! They don’t want you to use your mind and see that they are abusing you because this would mean they’d lose the power and control they have over you.” He explained and let go of Malaya’s hand.

“I’d like to encourage you to start using your own reason and intellect. To ask questions and to make your own decisions, that’s the way that leads you to freedom. Hundreds of years ago a man declared ‘Sapere aude! –Have the courage to make use of your own intellect!’ to the slogan of the enlightenment.”

It surprised him that he still was able to keep the smile in his face when he said: “As far as cooking goes, who do you think does these inconvenient tasks for me at home? When I don’t go out eating at a restaurant I make my own food. Sometimes I invite my neighbour- who is a doctor and lives on the second floor- over to my apartment and we have a BBQ on the balcony. “ he told Malaya.

“In my nation things are different. There are many different people, some look like me, some look like you and others look like neither of us and we all are equals in front of the law and have equal opportunities. Most of us live without having other people cleaning after us or cooking for us. And those who have staff hire them and pay them for their work.” He explained and added:”Fred Garnett thinks I am pathetic and that the place I am from is pathetic and disgusting but honestly I’ve never felt more proud of my nation than I have in the few hours I am here now because we have human rights and our people are free. I don’t know if you think of me as pathetic too Malaya and if you do I probably can’t do anything to change your mind but I won’t give up my values and principles just because I have a job to do here. So I’ll go and I’ll cook. You can help or you can watch TV or do whatever you want, make your first free decision. And if you by chance wanted to do me a great favour, please don't ever say that you’re a damn object again because you aren’t.”

Tears burned at Malaya's eyes, he couldn't understand what was happening. It felt like his entire world was fall apart around him. "What..." He took a step back, his entire body trembling. "What are you saying?"

He couldn't hold back his tears any longer, finally allowing them to run down his cheeks. "M-my entire life- Everything I ever knew... It's all just a l-lie?" The boy shook his head, covering his face with his hands. "N-no, that's- That's impossible! T-this is some kind of test right? To make sure that I'm loyal?"

"I know my place, I've never questioned it." A weak sob escaped his lips, his legs slowly giving out as he crumpled to the floor. "I-I know that I'm not a person, I've always known that. S-so why are you saying these things? W-why are you trying to c-convince me that a-all the hard work, a-and all the pain I've been through is j-just a lie?"

His gaze raised to Ryan's face, searching for an answer. "Is this what you w-wanted? F-for me to say that you lied? O-or for me to c-cry? Are you j-just trying to upset me? Do you like seeing me in pain?" He couldn't hide his panic and pain.

The outside world couldn't be that different. It was impossible. Malaya couldn't wrap his mind around the idea that Ryan's words were even remotely true. If he did then he wouldn't be able to bear the life he was living. It was just too much for him. All he could do was try to rationalize it. Maybe Ryan just got off on scaring slaves, or it was meant to make sure that the slaves weren't just waiting for an escape.

"Please, j-just tell me what you want from me. I-I'll do anything you want..." Without thinking he reached out, lightly resting his fingertips against the front of Ryan's pants, putting a light pressure on the man's groin. "Please... I'll do anything... Just give me an order Master..."

Apparently hearing all this was too much for Malaya and Ryan stood before an unfree man who was now in tears. He hadn’t intended to make him cry but he didn’t regret having told him all of that.

“This is not a test. I don’t have anything to do with any of the people here and I think that loyalty is something given to another person or a course out of free will and conviction and can’t be demanded of someone. This won’t be true loyalty then anyway.” He made clear looking into the teary face of the handsome man.

Ryan laughed ironically. “You haven’t questioned anything and that is the exact problem my friend.” It was painful to watch how a human being could be indoctrinated to think that they weren't worth anything, that even the thought of having rights and being free terrified them and became unbearable.

He couldn’t really comprehend this because he had been brought up encouraged to be independent and questioning all authorities.

“I’m telling you these things because what you have believed all your life is wrong. You are in fact a human being and not an object. And even though the truth might hurt or scare you it is better to come to learn the truth than continuing living a miserable life because of a lie.” He paused to breathe and continued talking:”Sometimes we learn that we have been wrong and we need to reconsider and make up our minds, even when accepting the truth means that we have to change our entire worldview.”

The words that came out of the others mouth after that made him angry. His hands formed into fists and his previously light and positive facial expression changed into a stern face and his green-greyish eyes gazed into the dark brown eyes that were drowning in tears.

“Please refrain from saying anymore insulting things or I’ll definitely lose my composure.” He made it very clear and straightened his back. “I am not some kind of sadist and I don’t know what kind of twisted sick-minded individuals you’ve met during your lifetime but I am not one of them and I won’t let you degrade me to their level. I had no bad intentions and I never meant to make you cry. It just sickens me to see other people treating another human being like that and it pains me that you think they are in the right and that you believe yourself to be the same as a bloody sofa or a car.” His voice sounded very hard and clear while he said that, harder than he had intended it to sound but this accusation had angered him a little too much.

“If you want to close your eyes from the obvious truth so be it, I can’t force you to see what you don’t want to see. If you aren’t brave enough and too scared to use your own reason, to question what they fed you from the start and to reconsider those concepts than stay in that miserable bubble and embrace the chains you wear. It’s on you, not on me.” He let him know when suddenly Malaya started to beg him once again.

His expression became even darker listening to the words when he was taken aback by the man’s hand touching him. He felt his face heating up and a slight blush could be seen on his snow white face. When his mind realised what was going on, he grabbed Malaya’s hand by the wrist and got it away from his crotch. “I have told you this before, I am not your master, I am no one’s master and I don’t want to be your or anyone’s master.”

Ryan let go of the younger man’s wrist and looked at him with disappointment written over his face. “Even though I know you heard it, I am going to repeat what I’ve said to Fred Garnett before. I don’t have sex with people who only do that because they feel obligated too and I don’t want to be touched by someone who just does it because he feels obligated to do that. And no one should! Albert and all those people who are fine with using someone who thinks he doesn’t have the right to a free will are gross in my eyes. I only get intimate with men who want it out of their free will and because they are attracted to me. So don’t do this!” Speaking that fast and without a pause had made him run out of breath.

He sighed, pressed his hands against his forehead for a few seconds and spoke in a much calmer tone:”I don’t want anything from you! That I met you was a coincidence and I just wanted to start a normal conversation with a fellow man that was all. I didn’t know you weren’t a free person, heck I didn’t even know this place had slavery. If I had known that I would have never come here to work for those nutcases in the first place.” He explained and then went to his luggage to get something.

He pulled out a laptop and opened an old folder that contained even more folders.

Ryan handed it over to Malaya. “The ones titled “Slavery Abolition Act”, “Human rights declaration” and “Constitution” are those that might interest you. They aren’t the books I intended to show you though. But anyway, read it or don’t.” He commented and took another deep breath.

“Regardless of that I’d like to ask you to make yourself clear what you want here. If you want to hang out and get to know me, I’m glad about your presence. But if you just stay here because you think you have to and that I’ll order you around or want you to serve me you’re wrong, I won’t do that so in that case you should probably leave and go on with your day. I’ll just tell Garnett that it was me who dismissed you and by doing so levered out his former command regarding the party and the announcement.”

Malaya visibly flinched at the man’s tone of voice and rough hand. It was clear to see that he was expecting to be hit. He allowed his arm to go limp, his body slumping over, almost lifelessly. “Why…?”

“Why are you telling me this then?” He stared at the laptop screen with a blank expression. “If this is true… Then why are you telling me..?” His eyes welled up with tears again, this time he didn't even try to fight it. “T-this doesn't change anything… I'm still just an object, even if that isn't right. A-all you've done is m-made it so I have to live out the rest of my life in misery, knowing that its wrong for me to live like this… O-or try to stand up for myself and immediately be taken away in the night and have who knows what happen to me…”

His hands moved to cover his face. “Don't you understand..? I've survived this long because I've accepted it all… No matter how scary it is, or how much they hurt me… I could just tell myself that's how the world works and keep going with a smile… I could be grateful that I had a comfortable life compared to some others… That people like Master Alfred would p-pamper me after they finished using my body…”

“But now..?” He shook his head again, letting his hands fall away. “Now you're telling me that I should go the rest of my life cursing my bad luck? I-I don't have the luxury to make choices for myself…”

“Even if I could I think its c-clear that I'm no good at it.” The boy managed to force a smile, looking up at the man with eyes still full of tears. “I-I chose to come meet you, b-because I had some free time and I was e-excited to find out what an outsider was like. But now… N-now I'll p-probably regret it for the rest of my life.”

The reaction to merely putting the other man’s hand away disturbed him. Malaya reacted like an abused dog that got beaten by his owner regularly. And even abusing an animal was rightfully a crime where he was from. But here the people could beat up their fellow men for disobedience without having to fear any consequences.

“Malaya I’ve already tried to explain to you why I am telling you all of this.” His voice was back to normal again and he wanted to show patience. “Knowledge and education is the key to freedom and self determination. Knowledge is power! That’s why they are keen on keeping any important knowledge away from you, even the knowledge of who you really are.” He summarised his former explanations.

“I’m sorry that you can’t see how this makes a difference, because it does make a difference.”

Ryan wasn’t sure what else to say to make him see what it was worth. He just saw the man drowning in his own tears. “You alone might not be able to change something but you aren’t the only islander here are you? Your numbers are pretty high I suppose. Ten slaves take care of this villa and Garnett has at least twenty-three. It is easier to control an individual than a united large group of people. I am not aware of the exact demographics of this island but you islanders probably outnumber the members.” He suspected staring up to the ceiling to think, when shivers ran down his spine as he heard what Malaya said.

“They drag people away? Where do they take them?” he asked and then realised that this was a stupid question. “Nevermind, you don’t know yourself, do you?”

He hunkered down before Malaya to be at the same height as the man who sat crying on the floor.

“So that’s what you really want? Being abused and then pampered by the abuser? I don’t think so. And no, I don’t know where you got that from but I didn’t give you this information so that you would start pitying yourself. I want you to realise that you can make your own choices and have rights. “

“So it was not a coincidence that we’ve met after all.” He noted and lowered his head somewhat depressed when he heard the other would rather not have met him at all. “I apologise for not being what you have expected and for disappointing you. But what did you think an outsider would be like? Fred Garnett 2.0 who gets off on finally living out his ideology and superiority complexes? I am not like that; the vast majority of us aren’t like that.” He wanted to know and laid one hand on Malaya’s shoulder. “If you want to regret that you got to know me as a person, do it but don’t regret that you heard what I’ve said.” He stood up again and scratched his chin then he said out of nowhere:”I won’t let them drag you away somewhere! If they want to drag you away, they’ll have to drag me there too. But let’s hope it won’t come to this.”

"D-do you really think that anyone would want to f-fight against out m-masters? T-there are s-security guards w-with t-tasers..." Malaya shuddered at the idea, letting out a soft whimper. "A-and it's not like they'll all believe me... B-besides, if just o-one person gets scared and tells our m-masters." His tears began anew at the very idea.

"I-I just wanna live in peace... I don't want anyone to hurt me... I-is that too much to ask?" He hiccuped, finally looking up at the man. "I don't know what I expected... I thought maybe... Just someone with interesting stories..."

He sniffled softly, wiping his eyes on the back on his hand. "W-what are you talking about...? W-why would you say that?" He stared up at the man, eyes still shiny with tears. "I-if you say that... I-I'll actually believe you a-and I'll get my hopes up... I-I'll think that you might actually p-protect me from all this."

Ryan was not a revolutionary, nor a military strategist or a police man. He hadn’t even been at the scouts when he was younger. He was an architect! A creative guy! The kind of change he brought to the world was to change the landscapes and the skylines and he never had to fight against a system like that in his life.

Societies like the one he had now gotten himself into were something he only knew from dystopic movies and from history class. And if he was honest history had often seem to him as dystopic movies as well, just that the stuff had actually happened.

He had never been a history nerd, the subject never really managed to fascinated him, he was someone to whom only the future really mattered but he had asked himself what he would do if some crazy shit from all the centuries of humankinds crazy shit were to repeat itself and he, who valued liberty a damn lot, had answered that rather soon with rebelling and vigorously opposing.

How he even could rebel and what it would lead to he never had thought about though. He didn’t have to because there never had been any concrete situation and he never had thought that he would ever really get into some situation like that either.

That was why he didn’t know what exactly to answer now. If they wanted to do anything it had to be well planned and thought through and he would have to know much more about the life and system on the island.

“Not everyone might believe you and you don’t have to convince each and everyone. Still uniting would only come as an advantage.” He commented. Ryan didn’t see that as the largest problem. The weapons of the islands security were the largest problem in his eyes.

A few men in arms could keep thousands under their control. If you had the option to either obey and not get shot or disobey and get shot, most people would clearly obey because getting shot wouldn’t help anyone. “Do they have guns as well and do they shoot?” he wanted to know.

Maybe there was another way than riot and rebellion. Chances were small but they viewed him as one of them and as an honourable member for the time he was here. This status must come with at least some influence and power. He hadn’t thought about that before because at home he had no special place in society, he had not more power than anyone else, but here they had that hierarchy and he might be able to use that to help Malaya and maybe the other slaves as well.

“One thing you can already do is, stop speaking of them as your masters! They aren’t your masters. Maybe you want to exchange the word with something more fitting?”

The outsider closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them again saying:”No, it is not too much to ask. It should be an obvious part of your life.” A sigh followed what he had said and he looked right into the teary brown eyes of the islander. “But you never had a life in peace. You don’t know a life in peace. Being used as a sex slave is not peace!”

“Interesting stories?” he asked slightly amused. This was rather cute and he chuckled. “Let’s pretend I had told you stories about my life or any other person from my cultural circle had, wouldn’t it have had the same effect in the end? Wouldn’t you have known what you know now because of that? This place is as different as can be. If it weren’t for its technological advancements, it would completely be hundreds of years behind our societies. And socially it is, regardless of its technology.”

With a melancholic expression in his eyes he helped Malaya up from the ground and stroke some strands of his black hair out of the younger once face. “Good! I want you to trust me and I want you to find back your hope. It is important to not let them rid you of your hope and to not resign.” He said smiling again now.

Ryan gently took Malaya’s face between his hands and wiped away his remaining tears with his thumbs. “I really mean what I am saying, I’ll protect you with all the power I have.”

"I don't know if they have guns..." Malaya admitted. "I've never seen them use a gun... But their tasers and batons are hidden by their clothes so I don't know what else they might be hiding..."

He stared up at Ryan with an expression of blind trust. The boy had never known any reason to distrust someone, he had many reasons but had never been aware of them. Even now that he knew that he had been lied to for so long, he couldn't bring himself to distrust the man before him. His trust had become part of his being.

"Maybe I would have figured it out... But I'm not very smart so if you just told me stories I don't think I would have noticed anything was weird." He laughed softly, a faint blush coloring his cheeks.

He allowed himself to be helped up, immediately leaning into Ryan's touch. His entire body moved forward to lightly press against the man's body. "Thank you." He moved up onto his tiptoes, pressing a light kiss to the corner of his lips.

Ryan was rather surprised that Malaya would lean into his touch like that. He could feel the other man’s heart beat and the warmth of the slim body that was pressed against his.

“Don’t say that you’re not smart! You shouldn’t think that badly about yourself. I am sure that you’ll gain confidence and that you’ll start to have trust in yourself soon. Trusting in yourself and your own judgements and abilities is important.” He told Malaya.

His eyes widened when the shorter guy gently kissed him. Ryan’s lips formed a faint smile and he stroke Malaya’s long black hair before he kissed his forehead.

Still smiling he distanced his body from the dark eyed man’s body.

“Now I am really hungry!” he let the other know and once again headed for the kitchen. This time he actually reached the kitchen and entered. He hoped there would be something he knew how to cook.

He checked the cupboards and the refrigerator and decided that he’d make some rice and pork.

This was something he was able to prepare and that he often ate at home as well so it should be alright.

Malaya didn't want to be separated from the other man. He still felt too uncertain about his new place in the world as an actual person instead of just an object. He wished that he could be held by Ryan and gently soothed for the rest of the day. But he couldn't ask for that, he couldn't even voice that desire. Instead he bit his lip and trailed after the man.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" The boy asked softly. "I don't know much about cooking... I've only ever made pancakes. So I can only help with simple things." He lightly fidgeted with his long hair, letting his loose braid fall apart into wavy black locks. "I... I want to help you." He clarified.

It was strange for him to even say that. He still felt that if shouldn't matter whether or not he wanted to help. But if what Ryan said was true then maybe it was okay for him to say it. His gaze raised to the other's face, giving him a slight smile.

Ryan had been so busy searching for things in the modern and large-sized kitchen, that he hadn’t realised that Malaya had followed him.

When he heard the other man’s voice he startled for a second and then listened.

“I can only cook little things as well. I am not a cook and not exactly good at cooking but it’s enough for me to survive on my own.” He laughed about his own inability to prepare elaborate meals.

Ryan stopped laughing when Malaya spoke again, this time he was saying he wanted to help him.

It made him happy that he expressed something he wanted to do. He turned around and smiled a motivating smile.

“You could lay the table for both of us, if you did that that would be great.” He suggested and thought about what the other man could also do to help. “And after that you could put some drinks on the table as well. Just choose something you like for us, I haven’t looked what kind of drinks they left me here. In the meantime I’ll take care of the food.”

It didn’t take long and he had cooked the rice and roasted the pork meat. When he put the bowl full of rice and the plate on the table he realised that the portions were way too much for just two people.

He scratched his chin and decided that he could warm it over the next day and took a seat facing Malaya.

“I hope it tastes okay. You are probably used to food prepared by professionals but I promise it is eatable.” He chuckled while putting the food on their plates.

"Ah, well I'm not allowed to eat anything fancy. So it's not like I'm going to hold you to some crazy high standard." Malaya smiled shyly. "So don't worry about me."

He got out the dishes and began to set the table, humming softly to himself. It felt incredibly strange to set a place for himself but he did it anyway. He poured them both glasses of sparkling water and picked out a bottle of wine from the cupboard. The wine was incredibly expensive and was probably something that Ryan could never possibly afford. Of course it was complimentary for Ryan.

"Wow, that smells amazing..." He murmured as he poured the wine for Ryan. After a moment of hesitation he poured a glass for himself as well and sat down. "It is cooked by professionals... But they wouldn't waste fancy ingredients on us. Usually they just cook up a stew with whatever ingredients are about to go bad..." He frowned, realizing that it might upset Ryan to hear about that kind of thing. "Ah, sorry... I didn't mean to talk about upsetting things."

Malaya took a small bite of the food once Ryan started to eat. His eyes widened and he let out a soft moan of satisfaction. "Mm~ This is so tasty"

Ryan looked at the bottle of wine that stood on the table, it seemed to be incredibly expensive and it probably was extremely expensive but he had no clue about wine and would probably never taste a difference. In fact he was so bad with wine that his architect colleagues laughed about him on work parties all the time. But Ryan hadn’t grown up in a fancy place, he had grown up in a workers district and people there usually had other concerns than expensive wine.

So he kept his mouth shut to not embarrass himself in front of the dark haired man with his lack of knowledge once again and just smiled happily because Malaya had chosen something for them that was probably more worth than the monthly rent of his upper middle-class apartment.

When Malaya told him about what he usually got to eat Ryan nearly choke on a piece of meat. When he was fine again, he looked at the other man who just had told him that he had eaten the leftovers of the Alberts and Freds of that island all those years. When the young man apologised Ryan shook his head.

“No, don’t apologise!” he said and laid one of his hands on Malaya’s hand.

“Yes, it angers me how they treat you but you have actually been treated that way all your life and I think I and others should hear it if you feel like talking about it.” Ryan told him.

“I really want to hear and learn more about you and your life. Get to know you, if you want to get to know me too. You can tell me about everything you want to share with me without being concerned to whether your experiences might sound upsetting to me or not.”

He stroked the back of Malaya’s hand with his thumb a little while and then returned his attention to the food again. Surprised he noticed that Malaya seemed to enjoy what he had cooked. At first he thought that the dark haired man meant that as a joke or that he might have said it to make Ryan feel better about himself but he seemed to be sincere about it.

“This was the first time someone complimented food I made.” He said smiling at the islander.

The brown haired mans thoughts drifted to the evening for a moment. There was this announcement and the party. Ryan didn’t know what to expect about both and he didn’t really want to spend time with Fred and his kind. But he had to.

“Malaya, any chance that you know what will happen at this announcement? I know I am supposed to say a few sentences but that’s all I know.” He asked.

• 2 months later...

Ryan's question brought on a flash of anxiety which reflected in Malaya's eyes. He looked up at the man, his brow creased despite his best efforts to hide his worry. "I... I apologize M-Master Ryan..." He set his fork down and moved his hands to his lap, gripping onto the small amount of fabric that covered his body. "The only details I know about those events are the type of things that would not concern you..."

"There will be some speakers over dinner, then they will serve wine and desserts..." His gaze dropped to his lap. "Once everyone has had enough alcohol to fully relax they will start to call in more of the young islanders to... Um... Help them have a pleasant evening." Malaya was afraid to go into anymore detail since it might end up upsetting Ryan again. He didn't like to attend the member's parties, although he always ended up at them. It was one of the problems with being popular among the members.