A New Life, New Adjustments, New Lessons (Pigeon + Smolcat)

smolcat

"Please sit your highness..." Nox spoke gently as he helped the boy sit on a stone bench. "I will take care of everything... Please just stay there for a few minutes. Do not leave to get someone, and do not push me away. I promise I will be fine. It is not as painful as it may appear."

He knelt before the prince, lightly pushing his sleeve up. "I will be using my teeth to draw the blood..." His eyes closed slowly as he chanted an ancient spell in a long forgotten language. The demon's body began to glow softly as he spoke, the air around him being electric. Finally he leaned in and sunk his teeth into the prince's wrist, drawing a few droplets of blood.

Due to the spell it only felt like a pin prick for Alaric. But as soon as the blood touched Nox's tongue his body convulsed in pain. The demon took deep breathes in an attempt to stay calm, but he could barely control the way his body jerked in agony. His eyes rolled back in his head, his body twisting in unnatural ways. The whole time he didn't make a sound and kept a firm, yet gentle grip on his master's hand.

((It's fine! I've been pretty busy anyway))

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• smolcat

Alaric nodded slightly, allowing Nox to press him gently down onto a stone bench. He was silent, but agreed to Nox's terms. Still, he was worried. It's not as painful as it appears. Don't run to get anyone, and don't push him away. Just stay put for a couple of minutes. I can do that, can't I? he asked himself mentally, allowing Nox to take his arm and pull up his sleeve to reveal his wrist.

The boy's eyes widened ever so slightly when Nox revealed he'd be using his teeth rather than a knife or some sort of instrument. His teeth? Does he have fangs or something? the boy asked himself, quite curious. There certainly seemed to be more to Nox than what met the eye...

Nox began to speak in an unknown language, and a soft glow enveloped his body as he cast a spell of some sort. It was older than the language Alaric knew, but the boy was familiar enough with magic to know he was casting a spell. And so, the boy wasn't alarmed when the air around the two grew electric, and the boy didn't even flinch when Nox then bit into his wrist and drew a few drops of his blood. And then, the effects took place.

Alaric's eyes widened slightly as Nox began to convulse, his body shaking and jerking violently in pain, and the prince froze on the spot. He didn't know what to do--he wanted to do something, but knew he had to keep put. He didn't try to let go of Nox's hand, he didn't try to place a hand on his servant or do anything to calm him, knowing it could possibly make things worse. He stayed still just as Nox had instructed him to, though his free hand covered his mouth as he tried to keep himself from doing anything he shouldn't.

Finally Nox's body relaxed. His eyes closed for a moment as he took a slow breath. "I... I apologize your highness... There is no need to worry. I am perfectly alright." He opened his eyes again, smiling gently. "However... I am deeply flattered that you would worry so much about my safety."

He leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to the prince's hand. "Perhaps we should do something to help you relax your highness?" He rose to his feet, keeping Alaric's hand in his own to help the boy up.

The demon was doing his best to hide his trembling from the pain that still pounded in his skull. Honestly he just wanted to lay down and sleep for a few hours, or perhaps days. But he still had a duty to take care of his master.

• 2 weeks later...

Alaric was silent. He knew very well that Nox was, in fact, not okay. But what could he do? Someone like him... Alaric could tell he was going to be stubborn. Even if he insisted, there would be no way Alaric could make him go to the infirmary or somewhere to relax after what had happened. Even though Nox was flattered that his master cared so much... he knew it wouldn't really change anything.

"Er, yeah..." he mumbled softly, looking away awkwardly when his butler had kissed his hands. His cheeks were tinted with the lightest shade of pink, flustered as he was. What was he supposed to do? Was he not relaxed? Perhaps... but it wasn't like the prince was ever relaxed, exactly. There was always something bothering him, always something keeping him on edge, or emotionally distressed. At this point he figured it was just a part of his personality and not something that could be fixed.

Still, Alaric stood to his feet, allowing Nox to guide him up.

"Perhaps... could you take me to a library?" he inquired. "I mean, surely a palace like this has one..." He could read and Nox could rest. Libraries were quiet, which would be peaceful for his servant, and Alaric liked to read, anyway. He could read for hours and hours and hours... Right now, if Nox was going to be stubborn, it seemed like the best option. The boy looked up at Nox somewhat, trying his best to hide the concern in his face.

"Of course your highness." Nox bowed his head, releasing the boy's hand. "Please follow me." He began to walk back inside, wobbling slightly as he went. He refused to allow himself to give in to the pain and brought Alaric to a huge library.

The demon bowed again as he held the door for his master. "Here we are, please tell me if there's anything that you would like me to get for you. The library was three stories tall, with floor to ceiling shelves on each wall and a luxurious sitting area in the center.

Alaric was silent as he followed Nox from the garden, throughout the castle, and into the palace's library. As they entered the establishment, the boy tried to contain his amazement and barely managed to hold back a gasp. "No, no, I think I'll be plenty fine on my own," he said, his eyes trailing up to the ceiling above, staring at the shelves and shelves of countless books. "Thank you, though," the prince whispered, partly to respect the quiet atmosphere of the library, partially to not give Nox a splitting headache, and also a bit from mere amazement.

Back in his home--er, rather, his old house that he... used to live in... Alaric only possessed perhaps three books at most. And he loved those books. He'd read them time and time again when he had the time to, but... it was nothing like this. So many books--so many stories and volumes and--well, it was almost overwhelming.

The boy pulled himself away from his wonder to look at Nox. "Please get some rest," he said in a soft voice. "I'll just get a book quickly and read nearby so you don't have to worry and..." he wouldn't have to stress himself or push himself any further than necessary. Without further ordering, Alaric wandered off to start scanning the spines of the novels. He figured it wouldn't be hard to pick something quickly to read..

• 1 month later...

Nox bowed deeply as the boy walked away, as soon as the prince was out of sight he collapsed back on one of the couches. His body hurt horribly and he really just wanted to sleep for awhile. But if he told that to Alaric then he would be told to go rest. The demon closed his eyes for a moment as he waited for his master to return.

Before Alaric could return Nox had fallen into a light sleep, his body finally relaxing back against the soft cushions. He had been extremely stressed about meeting Alaric so he hadn't been running on much rest to begin with.