Haunted Fate

Wolf-san

-26-

The Alpha entered the nightclub, going directly toward the vip place.

He received a call one hour ago when he was eating, saying that something happened in the nightclub of the city. Like some sort of purchase,. He hoped seriously it was just some misunderstanding between two persons.

His Beta were already here, talking to some witness and helping injured surnatural.

It looked worse than what he imagined.

A little twik was talking to Simon "He was tall with dark hair, his eyes were hazel , he danced like a God and his ass Ooh his ass.. he was absolutely hot and when i wanted to leave with him he suddently disappeared after looking at the entrance " the man shrugged "maybe he had seen his boyfriend."

"Naa" said the barman "the one who was at the bar said it was his brother " he also looked at Simon "they were twins for what i've seen. The one i was talking to was blue eyed -well i said blue but it was almost white- and it was a little scary."

"Alpha."

The Alpha turned turned toward Ben who was keeping his eyes down.

"Did you find what happened ?"

"Apparently a Succumbus didn't like being refused his meal. He was going to ..eat, when a sorcerer came in and took the meal away, he say that the sorcerer even attacked him but we have no proof, the camera are forbidden in vip lounge."

"And where is the succumbus ?"

When they showed him the man siting down when his eyes on the ground, and took a step toward him and froze.

The man smelled familliar.And the wolf inside the Alpha suddently opened one eyes.

He went toward Mael and grabbing him by the hair making him looking in his eyes.

"Who was your meal ?" He didn't understang why it was important. His wolf never wanted to be out when he was in human form and that confused him.

Mael trembled trying to talk, but nothing came out.

"Alpha ?" called Liam another Beta behind him "we have something at the surveillance camera..i think you should see this."

The Alpha let go of Mael's hair and with a last glance turned toward his betas as they went to see the footage of a few hour ago.

At first he could see someone from the back walking toward the door N' 6 before destroying it.

"How did he do that ?!" gasped Ben while giving a cup of tea at the Alpha.

Simon touched his glasses "Well i'm pretty sure he said something before it explosed. It's the sorcerer."

A little after the two guys in the video could finally be seen as they were out of the vip lounge.

"He...He.. isn't he ?!" Ben pointed his finger at Taehyung and Nikolai unable to finish his sentence.

Yeah It was the blind Murakami with the guy he meet this morning at the metro. They were holding hands while talking and unforntunately the sound was not good enough to hear what they were saying.

"I wonder what they were doing here" asked Liam looking at the two guy running away in the corridors with a furious succumbus behind them.

"This is want i want to know to. He doesn't look like they were here just to dance." said the Alpha.

"Holy shit !" gasped Ben.

"What ? what happened ?" the Alpha looked at the footage searching for what shocked his Beta. The man was normally as aloof as him.

"He..went inside the wall !"

They all looked at him without expression.

"I don't need to be psychic to know you all think i'm crazy but look, Liam is going to rewind."

They looked at the scene and yes, after turning at another corridor, Taehyung was alone and the sorcerer in the wall.

"See ! he's inside !"

The Alpha was stunned. He looked at Simon and the man was completely white.

"Alpha this isn't normal. He's in the city but we don't know who he is and... what can he do.. He's dangerous."

The alpha nodded still impressed by the sorcerer, he had to talk to him and well, also to the young Jeong and ask him why he feigned being blind.

Ben snorted "If you look at the face of the sorcerer before he went in the wall , it look like he think he will be smashed againsnt, which is weird."

Liam looked at him "It isn't all Alpha, theses two weren't the only one tonight that we didn't expect, look at that."

The footage changed and a blond haired man stopped the Succumbus with one hand.

"IT'S THE CRAZY BASTARD !" Ben went backward so fast that he nearly knocked off his chair.

Liam groaned "Oh my God like we didn't have enough problems."

Simon looked at Ben smiling "Well you said you were going to kill him next time you see him, why aren't you happy ?"

"h-huh ?...i will kill him..i just didn't say when."

liam snorted "Pff liar you are scared. Last time you went against him he made you stay one week in wolf form and eat shit."

Simon roared in laughter followed by Liam while the Alpha shook his head.

Ben groaned "Please don't talk about it, i still can feel the taste in my mouth."

"It would have never happenned if you didn't attack him at first sight." said the Alpha with a glare.

"But sorcerers are dangerous !"

"That is not a sorcerer ! sorcerer doesn't make you do thing only asking you to, we don't know what he is and thanks to you we will never know, thanks God he killed no one since now."

Liam and Simon stopped laughind, and looked between The Alpha and Ben.

The Alpha shook his head then took a sip of his tea thinking that too much things were happenning at once when the camera showed suddently Taehyung's back running and he nearly died choking on his tea.

"Are you all right Alpha ?" asked Simon.

The Alpha couldn't respond while coughing but still looked at Taehyung ass showing through the rip of his pants without underwear.

Then a man took Taehyung by the shoulders and cornered him.

The wolves looked at the scene without exactly knowing what to say.

The Alpha nodded like he took his decision "I should visit Mr. Murakami very soon."

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolf-san

-27-

"Yes Matthias we arrived just now. No..well yes something happened more than one in fact but we will talk about it tomorrow okay ? i'm tired." Taehyung was making a sandwich while calling when he froze a Matthias's question "how is Nikolai ? now that you mention it i didn't see him since we went in house and i didn't see him went upstairs. Wait."

He put the phone agaisnt his left shoulder and walked around the house

"Nikolai ? Nikolai where are y..." he sighed "Oh Nikolai."

Nikolai was slepping on the floor of the entrance hallway.

"Can't you at least go sleep in your room ?"

Of course the other man didn't respond snoring and still wearing his coat.

Taehyung shook his head and went back at the kitchen taking the phone again "Matthias ? yeah, Nikolai is ok..already sleeping."

He heard a outraged shriek. He turned around to see Nikolai going toward the stairs touching his own butt and shooting a glare behind him toward the entrance.

Taehyung fronced "Hm Matthias, we see eatch other tomorrow ok ? bye."he hung up without wanting for a responde and looked at the scene in front of him.

"How dare you slap my ass- Ouch ! i know he's hot but stop i- ouch ! ok i'm going to in my room stop slapp-ouch ! i swear if i was not too tired to use my powers- ouch ! is it that stupid spirits called Jashikun or something like th- OUCH ! i'm going upstairs YEAH YEAH stop now! " He was running going up the stairs and Taehyung still didn't understand what happened.

It couldn't be Jaeshin that slapped him because he heard a woman laugh.

He didn't even want to know.

Taehyung shivered going to retrieve his sandwich and looked through the windows.

He wasn't so sleepy so why not take a break outside ?++

He seated on the stairs in front of his porch a beer in hand, like the first day he came in Busan.

Many things have changed since then.

Coming here he already imagined his life being boring and more importantly : alone.

But it was far from that.

He was a hundred purcent sure he was human before. The Shaman who looked into him said it and never he meet and felt an spirit until we settled here.

Why did he see them now that he was far away from home ? maybe Nikolai was right,his powers were sealed.

Taehyung's life was not like he was expecting but he couldn't complaint. He has Karl Nikolai Jaeshin and Matthias, so he was alone. Even if he missed his son.

He hoped Jun was okay, happy with his mother and not angry at him for leaving.

He took a sip of his beer and though about him. He missed so much that little boy, sometimes he felt as if he was the only one person who loved him, maybe it was true. His family and his wife looked down on him . His parent for being human and Kate for not behaving like the head of the family. They never told him but they didn't have to, it was writen on their faces when they were looking at him.

But now his life changed. Here he has powers, he has friends, and people who needed him. When the serial Killer was going to be arrested, he would try to contact his son.

a noise in the bushes made him raise his head.

A big dog was looking at him right back.++

• 2 weeks later...

-28-

The silence was heavy while Taehyung -heart beating- and the dog looked at each other. Taehyung was somehow worried that it was a wolf, and if it was what could it want ?

They still stared a each other until Taehyung accidently burped.

His eyes widened still looking at the dog/wolf until it disapeared again behind the bushes.

When he couldnt be seen anymore, Taehyung breathed. It was surely a neighbor's dog ++

When morning came and he opened his eyes, Taehyung felt that something bad was coming.

The feeling was still here when he took a shower.

And definitely still here when he went down the stairs.

Nikolai was sitting at the table eating while Matthias was making pancakes. He looked behind him and smiled.

"Hey Taehyung , you slept well ?"he asked as he posed the pancakes in a plate "come eat."

Taehyung seated near Nikolai who didn't even didnt acknowledged him.

"What are you doing here ?" asked Taehyung to Matthias taking his fork.

"Well you didn't exactly tell me what happened last night apart from being chased by a monster and cornered by a Fae."

Nikolai spit out his orange juice at Matthias's face .

"You would have know if you didn't sleep right after we entered the house." said Taehyung.

Still coughing Nikolai looked at Taehyung whose face was aloof."You .." cough "you've meet a Fae ?"

"So it was for you." said Taehyung while Matthias was wiping his face "They were looking for you and they though i was you !"

"Well i've told you to be careful." he shrugged.

"But you didn't tell me they were after you ! what is it they wanted from you ?" asked Taehyung suddently not so hungry.

"How should i know. Their King is still searching me for apparently...two century."

"For revenge ? ..love ?" asked Matthias curiously.

Silence.

Nikolai bite his lips before whispering his eyes down "Maybe love."

"It's so romantic !" beamed Matthias clapping while Nikolai groaned.

"Or maybe for my magic dick who knows with that mother fucker." he snarled while planting his fork in his pancake and putting it in his mouth without cutting it.

"Wow" said Matthias "maybe it's for your big mouth."

Nikolai glared at him sideways still chewing.

Taehyung though about it "Now that i think about it Karl said something like that when i called you for the first time in the garden" he looked at the kitchen "Karl ? are you there ?"

Silence.

Taehyung gulped loudly. "Karl ? Jaeshin ?"

Still no response.

"What's happening " whispered Matthias like scared.

"I don't know" aswered Taehyung still looking around the house "Since we went at chocolate shop i have no news from them."

Nikolai snorted "Well they are not excited to tell you."

Taehyung looked at him frowning "Tell me what ?"

Suddently Karl appeared grabbing Jaeshin "Hey, guys."

Taehyugn sighed loudly relieved "God Karl, what's happening why Jaeshn and you disapeared like that ?"

"Well.." Karl looked briefly at Jaeshin who was looking at the floor. It was clear that he didn't want to be here.

"Will you tell me what's going on ?" if there was something taehyung hated, it was secrets.

Karl shaked Jaeshin's arm "Tell him."

"Why ?"

Karl's eyes widened "What do you mean why he need to know !"

Jaeshin shook his arm free of his grasp "It concern only me ok !"

"It's his soul mate."

Silence.

Taehyung toward Nikolai who was eating Taehyung's pancake.

Nikolai repeated with his mouth full "That wolf bastard, the one who though i was an easy prey at the metro" he pointed Jaeshin "well it's his mate."

Taehyung curled his lips looking at his pancake disapearing "Bastard."

Matthias put another pancake in Taehyung's plate " A soul mate ? it exist ?"

Nikolai nodded "Each surnatural species can have a mate, but it's rare. Jashikun has a wolf as mate,well thanks God you are dead or you should have had to deal with that furry guy."

He was going to snatch Taehyung pancake again when Taehyung slapped his hand, with a yelp Nikolai glared at him.

Taehyung looked at Jaeshin " And what happen when two ..soul mate find each other ?"

Nikolai continued "Simply ? Well attraction. Smell ,voice ,body everything the other person do make you want to fuck them."

Matthias' s eyes widened "And how do you know ?"

"Because i know." spatted Nikolai.

Taehyung shook his head "And if they can't be together ?

"Well if they want to deny the attraction they will go..crazy ? i don't know how to explain it, it's a weird feeling like if you don't mate with this person you life doesn't mean anything.It's like this person is a part of yourself and if you don't have him.." Nikolai breathed loudly like trying to be calm " little by little you feel like everything doesn't matter."

They all looked at Nikolai who the eyes were suspiciously wet looking at his empty plate.

Becoming uneasy, Taehyung took his pancake and gave it to Nikolai. Nikolai looked at it then at Taehyung surprised. He finally smiled and Taehyung smiled back.

He had a idea of what was sadening Nikolai, well since the day they meet eatch other he knew something inside him wasn't ok now he knew why. His soul mate did him wrong.

His commentary about mates makes more sens now.

"So.." Taehyung looked at Jaeshin who was silent until now "you will go..kind of crazy ?"

Jaeshin looked him and smiled "No" he shaked his head "I'm dead remember ? i'm just a part of what i was when i was alive."

They all looked at him. Jaeshin smiled again, but his lips trembled "I'm okay. Really i'm good."

Then he burst into tears. Karl took him in his arms.

Nikolai sighed but his voice sounded weird "An advice Taehyung: if you find your soul mate, go to the opposite direction."

Taehyun answered quietly " Well if i meet him and i go away away it will change nothing."

"..You're right. No chance of saving ourself, Fate is such a shithead."he sniffed loudly.

Matthias looked at all of them hesistantly, the poor guy didn't know what was happening.

Taehyung tried to change the subject looking at the tears fall in the floor wet "I.. didn't know spirits could cry."

A gasp beside him made him look.

Nikolai was completely white. Cool what did he say bad now ?

"Nikolai are you alright ?"

"Holy hell."

That made the spirits look at him.

"Nikolai ?" asked Taehyung again "You scare me."

"Jashikun." said Nikolai.

Jaeshin frowned wiping his face "It's Jaeshin, what ?"

"How do you feel about being alive again ?

• 3 weeks later...

-29-

"What are you doing ?"

Taehyung watched Nikolai inspecting the walls of the house.

"The book should be somewhere in the hourse but where..."

Jaeshin went out of a wall with Karl "I looked already there isn't a book here."

Taehyung looked at Nikolai eyes big "Are you telling me you don't know where you put your book ?!"

Nikolai looked back a him snarling "It's like have a child of 5 years old, you can't always know what he's doing ! it's been 2 Century !" he took an axe from near the fireplace "but i will find it and i will keep it." then he frowned "Why do i feel like i quoted something."

Silence.

Taehyung looked at Nikolai inspecting the house.

"Are you telling me that the book is alive ?"

Nikolai stopped looking under a hole where a mouse squeaked seeing him "Something like that. He doesn't..have a soul but he's intelligent. ."

Taehyung put his hands in his head "I can't believe it, so we will never find it ! God know where he is !"

"Hey."

At Nikolai ton of voice Taehyung looked at him and Jaeshin beside him. Looking devastated.

Shit. What should he say now "Hm..."

Nikolai didn't let him finish"The book is linked to me so he couldn't leave the house, the Fairies who helped me sealed him somewhere inside here."

"Can't you..call him ?" asked Karl.

"Yeah but he never loved me so i doubt he will answer me. He always did the opposite of what i asked making me look like a fool, do you know how some of my ennemies called me because of that ?! that i've given him life thanks at my blood changed nothing" he sighed looking at no one "im Nikolai Deucius, i don't care for that stupid book."

He was going to drop the axe when Taehyung's voice stopped him.

"Jaeshin, why are your feet glowing ?"

"What the hell ?" whispered Nikolai turning back.

Nikolai looked at Jaeshin's feet frowning then his eyes widened realizing it was the floor under him that glowered "IGNIIIISSS !"

He ran toward the golden light raising the axe, making Jaeshin scream.

"OUT OF MY WAY BITCH !"

Jaeshin jumped to the left trying to grip the sofa but instead passed throught it. At the same time Nikolai smashed the floor make of woods.

Taehyung swore "My floor !"

"He's gone crazy !" shrieked Jaeshin.

Taehyung and Karl looked at each other thinking the same thing without even talking: Jaeshin being a ghost scared of an axe wasn't so different from Nikolai's burst.

After demolishing the floor, Nikolai took something heavy in his hands and did what Taehyung called a psychotic laugh.

"Ignis ."

Taehyung looked by Nikolai's shoulders and gasped.

It was at least 30 centimeters of long and some weird cristals were attached to it. It had stopped glowing and now that he could look at it without being blind -well not more that he was already- he could see that the book suffered from 200 years without being cared for.

The corners of the book looked fragile, almost like something nibbled it, more details about the book was impossible thanks to the dust completely covering it. What surprised Taehyung the most was theses thick rows of thorns black that were around the book like he was ..forbidden ?

"Is it the book ?" asked Jaeshin going near it to take a look.

"Yeah.." answered Nikolai without stopping looking at the book, confused. "Why does he have thoses thorns around him.. it reeks of magic. Ignis did you do something to the Fairies who brought us here for being spelled like this ? "

The book suddently pounced toward Nikolai hitting his nose with his cover, making Jaeshin scream and Taehyung jump.

The book fell again in Nikolai's hands but this time looking like he was tired, out of breath. It was so weird.

Nikolai ignored his nose bleeding. he passed a hand through the thorns carefully like scared to hurt it because obviously it had dammaged badly the book when he moved to much.

"They didnt have the right to do that to you Ignis no matter what you did" whispered Nikolai, his voice wavering "i'm so sorry for all theses years you passed hurting. I'm so sorry." He touched the thorns and they instantly dispeared making some sort of noise - almost like a scream.

The book still didnt move. Many holes endommaged the beautiful cover made of gold. Taehyung felt very bad knowing the book was under his feet suffering since he first arrived in the house.

"Is the book...still working ?" asked Karl dubious.

"Yeah" answered Nikolai putting the book agaisnt him like it was a child and going toward the stairs "we should find somewhere quiet for the ritual.."

Someone banging the door stopped them in their tracks.

It was the Alpha with his three Beta.

-30-

The song of the bell echoed in the house, the habitant all silent.

Karl looked at Jaeshin in wonder so Jaeshin shrugged and looked at Taehyung for an answear. Taehyung shook his head confused and looked at Nikolai who accorded him a side glance before frowning looking at ignis then the door .

"I didn't call them." said Nikolai " or maybe they are here for the tea i promised in the station if they came here ?" he hesited "should i prepare Tea ?"

The door ran again at the same time that someone knocked on the windows making them jump.

"Excuse me please" said the sheriff Taehyung recognized as the one he meet the day after he arrived in the city in the other side of the windows "can you please open ? we are in...well we have some kind of problems, and maybe you could help us."

Silence.

Taehyung and Nikolai looked at each other without expression before Taehyung nodded toward the sheriff.

"I'm coming."

The sheriff looked confuse but went back at the door, and Taehyung was going to open it when Nikolai grabbed his arm.

"You are going to open ? really ?"

"Dont shout, they can hear you !"

"No they can't, i put wards around the house. Now do you really want theses wolves to come inside ?"

"Why not ?"

Nikolai studied him before shaking his head "..I forgot you don't feel sick when they are near you like the other sorcerer..ok. Open the door." he turned to Karl and Jaeshin "Wait for us in Taehyung's bedroom, we don't need to make them uneasy with your presence."

Jaeshin looked ..shy ? "My mate is here." he took a glance at the door.

Nikolai nodded "I know i felt him.Why in the hell did they come with him like that ."

Like that ? asked Taehyung to himself.

"Well he will have a good surprise when he will see you." said Nikolai at jaeshin looking smug.

Taehyung frowned "How could he.." his eyes widened "you want to perform the ritual of making him human with them inside the house ?!"

They knocked at the door again.

Nikolai nodded "Yeah it will be done fast, now let them in before they break the door."++

Opening the door, Taehyung though he expected everything to happen.

Except for the wolf who was with the sheriff and the three other man.

The sheriff scratched his neck "Excuse us for coming without calling but..we had a problem as you can see. Can we come inside ?"

Taehyugn blinked "Of..of course." Taehyung pushed himselt from the entry letting the brown wolf - doing low guttural sound of hostility- enter followed by the sheriff when a solemn voice startled him

"Enough."

The wolf went instantly silent at man's voice behind Taehyun still at the entry. Taehyung recognized the voice but still looked behind him taking a deep breath..

And met the gaze of the most handsome man he had ever seen.

The Alpha and he mayor of the town. Kai Elesung.

• 2 weeks later...

-31-

It was like time stopped.

The man's eyes looked at him without flinchin or glaring. Just like he probed his soul. Taehyung didn't see colors but what would he give to see them now. His eyes seemed so clear and wild, like a beast watched him behind the human flesh and Taehyung couldn't look away.

So Kai Elesung was his name.

He remember how the Alpha took Taehyung body against him. When he brought him to his car to take him home after being discovered at the museum spying on the group of wolves.

And Taehyung was completely bewitched. How ironic, he was part sorcerer.

"Alpha ?" Asked Liam behind Taehyung curious.

Like a spell broken, Taehyung immediatly detached his eyes from Kai, heart beating and looked at his own feet.

Looking at an Alpha in the eyes was a signe of challenge and apart from sending him ghost to scare him, Taehyung surely couldnt win if they had to fight against each other.

Then, like nothing happenned the Alpha went inside.

Wait did he just eyed a straight guy and had been ignored ? trying not die of embarrassement, Taehyung followed him after closing the door.

He joignet the others in the living room to see the wolf -who he thought was Ben- glaring at Nikolai.

Nikolai gave him a side glance with a rictus and said "No need to sniff my butt, we've met already."

Ben snarled and a growl louder made all of them jump.

Taehyung looked at Kai the Alpha who was glaring at Ben. "Enough. You came here to ask his help no to make the sorcerer hate you more."

"Why do you need my help exactly ?" interfered Nikolai arms crossed.

The sherrif cleared his throat "Can we..sit down first please ?"

Nikolai looked at Taehyung then nodded "Sure. Please sit." he looked again at Taehyung "Taehyung can you..take my book and wait for me upstairs while serve them tea ?" he looked at the wolves with a smile "excuse us, we were in the middle of something and we need to finish it. It will not take long."

Liam frowned "What would you need to finish right n.." his eyes grew big when Nikolai came with the tea and looking between him and Nikolai "Oh."

Taehyung immediatly flashed bright red at the implication.

"Sure, we will fuck with a book." sighed Nikolai.

Liam sputtered.

"Then please go, we will be waiting."

Taehyung turned toward Kai who just talked and gulped. "We..will not be long, please feel at home."

And without another glace, Taehyung went upstairs.

-32-

Taehyung didn't wait long for Nikolai to come in his room with Karl and Jaeshin.

Nikolai opened the door and with a sigh said "Now, if you have everything we need we can beg.."

" That man just makes my ass itch !"

That statement said by a shifter still siting in the living room made Nikolai pose.

Taehyung shakes his head "it's an expression Nikolai."

"Oh." he shut the door and went inside.++

Now that they placed the 5 candles in forme of circle and Jaeshin inside and weirds arabesque, Taehyung waited for Nikolai to find what he was searching in his book to begin the spells.

"Do you have that much spells that you need a book to remember ?" he asked, knowing that maybe, Nikolai wouldn't want to talk about it.

Nikolai looked briefly at Taehyung surprised, then went back at Ignis. "No. I remember really well my spells, but some need others things than words and Ignis can help."

Taehyung didn't exactly know what he mean but he didn't push.

"And It help me remember my prophecies."

At that Taehyung perked up "Prophecies ? really ? send by who ?"

Silence.

Nikolai dropped Ignis.

"OOPS i'm so sorry !" Nikolai took Ignis in his arm while the book seemed pissed looking at the cover flapping.

"Nikolai ?" did he go too far asking ?

Nikolai put the book near his heart and breathed "Do ..you believe me if since now i didn't even though about that ?" he looked unsure.

Never ? "How come ? you are not curious to know who send you tips about the future ?"

"I always thought that it was simply an ability, not that someone what sending them to me but it makes sense. I would say it's Fates but he hates me, so who.."

Taehyung remember Nikolai talking about fates when Jaeshin said the wolf was his soulmates "You talk about Fates like it was someone."

"It is. You don't even know that ? he's the worst assholes ever. Never cross his path."

"If you say so." if someone like Nikolai didn't want to meet him, then Taehyung neither.

"Excuse me but can we begin already ?" asked Jaeshin frowning.

"You are a ghost, sure you have time."

Jaeshin's face narrowed "Not for long."

Nikolai smiled "True. For that first you have to concentrate. Remember the feeling of having a body, how to use it."

Jaeshin nodded then closed his eyes. But not before they could see the worry behind it.

"Hey."

At Karl's voice Jaeshin looked up.

"All is gonna be okay."

At that Jaeshin made a little smile.

"His soulmate is an asshole how could it be alright ? without mentionning that if the ritual go wrong, he's lost in a parallalel words where no one could see him not even others ghost."

Silence.

"Do you have to be such a jerk !"

Nikolai just shrugged. "It's for you that i say that. Concentrate."

Waiting for Jaeshin to be ready, Taehyun went behind Nikolai to look at him flipping Ignis's pages "Can you read me one of your Prophecies ?"

At that Nikolai chuckled "Curious aren't you ? want to know how powerful am i."

Taehyung bit his lips and nodded.

"Then let's see.." Nikolai slipped some others pages "hm.. Oh ! listen"

He cleared his throat.

Sleep of darkness

Hidden under the clouds of the dark night,

Sparkles beyond appearances.

Taehyung felt goose bumps rolling up his arms.

As far as my eyes can see,

The dawn is nearby.

That prophecy was from a long time ago, but the ghosts looked around to see if there was something coming.

The mist thickens like a dark coat,

While you need to find theses eggs.

Wait what ?

Jaeshin howled i laughter while Karl tried to contain it. Even Taehyung had to put an hand on his mouth.

"It..it's..." Nikolai looked between Taehyung and Ignis " i remember ! i had to save a rare breed of bird and the prophecy said that i had to find the last eggs ! it's true !"

Taehyugn finally bend laughing near the door, at the same time worried that the wolves came to ask what was going on.

Nikolai began to be irratated and opened a page without looking at it "it's true, look at this one !"

Because i'm Heartbroken by a Fae,

Because i'm stabbed by a Vampire.

My carnal body will die.

But one day The first one created will be back.

And him and his partner will avenge my death.

No more war will be declared,

Because Nemesis will be our King.

"What do you think about that huh ?!"

Silence.

"It's awesome right ?!"

Because the silence was still here, Nikolai understood that something was off. He looked again at the prophecy carefully, clearly reading a fews times.

And then saying nothing, closed the book.

-33-

The room was clouded. Litterally.

Taehyung was coughing while thinking about what happened for them to be all in the ground and the room reversed like a earthquake passed by.

When Jaeshin was ready for the spell to be human, Nikolai suddently explained to Taehyung that he wasn't going to do the ritual, but Taehyung himself.

Of course having no controls over his power because they were asleep for 2 century was a good explanation, but Taehyung couldn't shake off the feelings that Nikolai was actually curious about his abilities and found there a good way of trying them.

He just had to say απόδοση and let Nikolai help him channel his magic.

That's when it happened.

It was not even an explosion because there was no sound. Nikolai and him just went projeted backward. Luckily he landed on the laundry basket but Nikolai ?

He coughed some more before looking around him "Nikolai ?" God he was suddently feeling so tired.

He could hear a histerique laugh but it wasn't his ancestor. It was Jaeshin.

He went up and tried to see through the haze "Nikolai answer me !"

"Here." he heard a voice said before coughing his lungs.

Taehyung realised he was under the bookshelf.

He immediatly rushed ahead to help him "Oh my God Nikolai !" he lifted the furniture enough to get Nikolai free from beneath.

He inspected him for serious injury, but all he could see was dust "How are you feelings ?"

"Huh." Was all Nikolai replied while being still on his back looking at the ceiling. "I think i hit my head pretty badly."

Taehyung has difficulty to take a breath and asked hesitantly "Badly..badly ?"

"Yeah." he looked at Taehyung and whispered "I see Fates smiling at me from the ceiling."

A shiver ran down Taehyung "Ok..ok. Should.." after a moment he nodded to himself like he decided something "We are going to the hospital. Let me take my keys and.."

Nikolai stopped him from getting up by his right arm.

"We have the wolves here remember ? what are we going to tell ? that we summoned a ghost, and it's because of that that i'm bleeding ?"

God he was bleeding " I don't care about it, if it's bad i take you to the hospital !"

"Im Nikola Deucius.."

Taehyung sat again rolling his eyes "Yeah i know you are going to say that it takes more than a contusion to kill me."

"Yeah."

Silence.

"Taehyung. My right hand is still under that bookshelf."

Taehyung still out of breath licked his lips while looking at the hand in question "Right. I..the problem is that..i don't have strength. I'm on the verge au sleeping here on the floor."

Nikolai nodded looking at nothing "I know. Magic take a lot of energy, i'm still impressed at how we did things okay."

"Okay ?" he pointed the circle of candles turned into dark traces "you call this okay ?!"

"Don't.." Nikolai stopped what he was going to say and looked at Jaeshin "is he alright ?"

Taehyung looked over his shoulder at Jaeshin still laughing madly.

"You're sure you said the magic word right...right ?"

Taehyung after hearing the question looked at Nikolai stunned "How should i know, you are the sorcerer ! i would have said socks in your language that i wouldn't understand !"

Nikolai just sighed then called Jaeshin "Hey."

Jaeshin looked at him still smiling. Taehyung and Nikolai gulped.

"Look i'm human ! can't you understand what it means ?" when they didnt respond he exclaimed "It mean i can meet my mate !"

Then he opened the door and rushed toward the stairs.

Nikolai and Taehyung looked at the door still in a weird trance.

Nikolai who had raised his head to see Jaeshin go let it fall whining "I don't want to go." he sighed " i'm tired hell i stay here."

Taehyung just answered"Me too."

Not even 10 seconds passed before Taehyung said again "Oh hell, that smile was scary." in the silence of the room.

Then without warning Nikolai with a surprising strengh got up sending books flying "Shit that idiot is going to meet the wolf !"

After a moment Taehyung got up also, a little swaying on his feet and prepared himself for the worst.

-34-

Taehyung went down the stairs, being careful of not falling. His legs were like cotton, at the verge of bending. He was in a worste state that he was when he had settled here days ago. He couldn't wait for the day to end and go to sleep. Even if it was morning right now.

He found Nikolai still at the end of the stairs.

"What is it ?" he asked perplexed at why he didn't join the others.

Nikolai turned toward him with a sardonic smile. Taehyung tilted his head even more confused.

"Look in front of you."

Taehyung did and bit his lips at the scene.

Jaeshin was in the living room his hand raised like to show he wasn't a danger, while Ben -the wolf- was growling.

"H...hey." said Jaeshin hesitantly going slowly backward.

Apparently he didnt think his mate would react like that at their first meeting.

"Why is he growling at Jaeshin ? shouldn't he be happy ?" Whispered Taehyung. Seeing Nikolai's shoulders shaking from laughter he asked "What ?"

"He came running toward the living room hands raised toward the wolf, litterally a madman. Of course the wolf is scared, i'm pretty sure he didn't even recognize Jaeshin as his mate already. The others wolves at just perplexed."

"Aoutch." Poor Jaeshin.

"Yeah." Nikolai's voice was wavering like he couldn't stop his smile.

"What again ?"

Nikolai didn't answer just pointed Nikolai "Look what he's wearing."

Taehyung did and felt his eyes going huge.

Jaeshin was wearing breeches, a long jacket, and a white shirt.

The blue jacket was very fitted at the top, and at the bottom, was flared out of the body. The sleeves were adjusted and decorated with stripes. He had under the breeches tight just above the knees, silk stockings.

He was dressed like Louis XIV era.

Taehyung choked on his saliva making Nikolai lean his head back howling in laughter. He quickly recovered covering his mouth, but the Alpha noticed them near the stairs snickering.

Kai thought theses two looked like siblings and...a little scary but he didn't say it and instead arched an eyebrow "Would you please come here and..introduce us ?"

Nikolai and Taehyung went head bend, not hurrying.

"We should have prepared some clothes." whispered Taehyung.

"Yeah still, this is so funny." Nikolai still had a little laughter in the voice.

"Right. But still, he's not dressed as worst as we meet in the garden for the first time."

Nikolai turned toward him "What do you mean ?"

Taehyung gulped and tried to say the most diplomatic tone possible " You were wearing a dress."

Silence.

"How in the hell, it was a toge !"

Taehyung shrugged looking away "..It was still a dress."

Then surprising everyone Nikolai blushed.

"Thoses Fairies dressed me, i had no choice !"

"Guys."

Nikolai and Taehyung turned toward Jaeshin who looked like a deer in front of car headlights.

"Come here please."

-35-

The silence in the house was heavy.

They were all siting in the living room with Coffee and Cookies, not exactly knowing were to begin. The only one who didn't mind the awkward situation was Nikolai blowing his nose because of his allergy to wolves and the Sheriff eating the biscuits.

When he meet Taehyung's gaze, the Sheriff smiled broadly still munching. "They are delicious."

Taehyung put a smile on his face "The neighbor made them this morning."

He meet accidentaly Kai questioning gaze and gulped. He looked sideways at Jaeshin -who was seated between him and Nikolai- trying to tame his long blond hair under the wolf Ben's gaze and took a breath.

"Hrem." Taehyung looked at everyone smiling, even at Ben "This is..my nephew. Jaeshin Murakami. He came here last night."

"Hello." Jaeshin squeaked still looking at Ben. Ben growled briefly.

"Last night ?" asked Kai.

Taehyung smiled trying to not show how much he though the Alpha was hot "That's right."

"While you were at the club ?"

Silence.

Nikolai stopped blowing his nose and exchanged a glance with Taehyung. Taehyung put a hand behind his neck "Aah...that's right.."

"We went there to celebrate his coming." Nikolai intervened innocently "I suppose someone had seen us yesterday ?"

"No. you were caught on video's footage."

Nikolai turned to Taehyung with such a questionning gaze that Taehyung had to bite the inside of his cheeks to no laugh. He didn't know what was a video's footage.

"I explain later." he just said before turning to Kai "I suppose that you all didn't came here to talk about our visit to the club right ?"

"In fact yes. I wanted to talk about the fact that a succumbus chased you two, that your.. friend went inside a wall" Nikolai beside Taehyung stilled "..and that you've been cornered by a Fae, but that can wait." he pointed the wolf "This is Ben one my Beta. Hours ago he had..an encounter with someone. A man, actually the same that saved you from the succumbus, a tall blond remember ?"

Taehyung probed his memory and yeah, he remembered the handsome man who saved his life, but because he couldn't see colors and so couldn't know if he was blond, he just nodded.

"So," continued Kai "Ben and him crossed each other in te city and things didn't go well. In the end Ben was lucky because even if he was from far way more strong than my Beta, he let him live and simply cursed him to be a wolf for two month."

Taehyung gasped.

"Wait what ?" asked Nikolai as lost.

"Great."

They all looked at Jaeshin who pouted arms crossed. "Marvelous. Absolutely wonderful."

There was a moment of Silence where everyone and even the wolf looked at each other in wonder.

Nikolai sighed "So what ? you want us to give him his human appearance ?"

Kai just nodded, eyes pleading "Please. You are the only sorcerer that we know."

"And that would accept to help." added one of the Betas who Taehyung recognized as Liam, one of the wolves who was at the museum the other night.

"Why should i help ?" Nikolai crossed his arms "after all ou were nothing but hostile to us, like we are the plague, just what do we have in exchange for helping you huh ?"

"Because if you don't, i strangle you ?" proposed Jaeshin glaring. Of course Nikolai ignored him.

Kai tilted his head, making his bang hide his eyes "And what do you want."

Taehyung refrained himself to answer You.

Seriously what was wrong with him ?

Nikolai looked at the ceiling thoughtful "Hm let's see..a box full of chocolates ? no wait a big cak..no no wait i know a foutain of chocolate ! i've seen some in that thing called a comp.."

"Nikolai can't help you." sighed Taehyung.

They all looked at him.

"Why not ?" Asked Simon another Beta.

"Because Nikolai's magic is.."

The look Nikolai gave him made him pause "Erm.. i mean his magic is..sleeping for the moment."

"Asleep ?"

"Yeah he..let's say he let it rest because thanks to that they will be more strong once they return, you know like vacation !"

"If you dont want to help just say so, we will leave." Said the Alpha, his jaw tight.

Taehyung bit his lips and seen Kai look at them. He suddently feel like it was suffocating here.

Nikolai thanks God, talked "I really can't help. My magic is unsteady right now, i.can't.help. At least not until a fews days."

Jaeshin sputtered "B..but..." he looked at Taehyung with hope, gripping is left arm "You have magic too, you can help ! please !"

They all looked expectantly at Taehyung.

"...Did you at least see his state ? did you see the dark circles aroung his eyes !?" answered Nikolai "No, he can't help he already did too much today."

"Then tomorrow ?" asked Kai, when Taehyung looked at him he said again "please."

Taehyung gulped. What wouldn't he do for that please "Its not like i don't want to help it's just.. magic is new for me, what if i make things worst ?"

"Yeah" agreed Nikolai smirking, then he extended his arms toward Ben and moved his fingers "can you imagine trying to make him human and instead do bulubulubulub..." Ben right pawn sparkled "AAH !" Nikolai recoiled agaisn't Jaeshin in fear his eyes still looking on the wolf who yipped. All the person in the living room went backward instantly.

"What did you do to him !" roared Jaeshin shaking Nikolai with both arms.

"Nothing absolutely nothing !" he said still being shaken "I just moved my fingers and though..oh." he smiled and looked at the wolf pawn. "Isn't it cute ?..wait a goddamn minute where did i see this bracelet before ?"

Everyone and the wolf looked at the bracelet with pearls dangling. Ben growled and and shook his paw frantically.

"Let me help you." said Jaeshin going slowly toward him. Liam and Simon beside them laughed madly. If Taehyung didn't knew they were wolves he would have though they were Hyenas Shifters.

Ben roared at them but that only made it worse. Jaeshin recoiled but Ben followed him and handed him his paw to take off the bracelet. The Alpha looking at them just sighed and picked up his cell phone when it rang "Allo ?"

All was definitely going crazy. Taehyung turned toward Nikolai and saw his face completely white looking at the wolf's paw.

"Oh Shit why did i think of this bracelet ?" he looked at Taehyung "God, did i take the bracelet from him and he know somehow ? was he wearing it and saw it disappear ? Holy shit i'm done for." he passed a hand on his face and looked at the ceiling "Completely done for."

• 2 weeks later...

-36-

"Should we talk to him ? "

Liam asked while Nikolai walked around the house talking to himself.

"We should try to make him accept to help us." said Simon nodding.

Liam looked unsure "But..he look very preoccuped about something, you're sure we should go now ?"

Simon bit his lips "Yeah, come with me."

They went toward Nikolai and they could already hear a part of what he was muttering.

"..Should i send back the bracelet ? no i can't, if he already seen that it disappered i'm done for. Should i leave ? i have to leave. Far away, but where ? and where in the hell could i go that that jerk couldnt find me, he can shimmer !" he stopped walking -the wolves did the same- and looked at a wall "but if he find me what will happ.. no he will not find me i refuse !...did he search me for all theses years ? impossible. But what if.. he missed me ?"

He went silent. And after a fews seconds the wolves were sure black smoke was coming out from Nikolai's head.

"The hell he miss me he's surely with his hundred lovers and Helena enjoying his eternal youth !..or maybe i should wait for him" he chukled darkly "it would be a pleasure to break his sparkly wings."

Then feeling he was being watched, Nikolai fronced and looked behind him. Simon and Liam looked at him kind of wary.

"What the hell do you want ?" Nikolai arched an eyebrow.

"Ah.." Simon looked at Liam and took a step toward him before saying." we were wondering if we could convince you to give Ben his human appearance back."

Nikolai studied them then shook his head before waving his right hand in the air "No, leave me alone." his nose was already twiching from his allergy to wolves.

But Simon and Liam still walked toward Nikolai, cornering him .

"Why don't you want to helps us ?" asked Simon.

"Because i can't, now leave me alone." Nikolai looked away pinching his nose feeling like he was about to sneeze. Aweful.

"But you did magic right now on Ben's paw that mean you can !" Liam sneezed briefly but snot ran from his nose making Nikolai and Simon recoil. Simon gave him a tissue while he was still saying "please help him, he's not as bad as you think !" in a hopeful tone.

Nikolai glared and stopped pinching his nose "I said i c.a.n.'.t now" he sneezed loudly while talking "LEAV..ATCHIA !"

Simon and Liam jumped and took a fews step back before looking at each other scared.

"Did he use magic ? it was a world of magic just now right ?!" asked Liam to no one in particular in a high piched voice.

Nikolai groaned shaking his head making the dust on his hair fall to his face and he sneezed loudly again. "OH, IM GOING TO BE SERIOUSLY PISSED."

At what, the two wolves wondered.

Hearing them while taking a plate to the kitchen, Taehyung shook his head.

That meeting could have been worse. But the wolves were apparently more preoccupied about Ben than why Taehyung lied about his sight and what happened to the club. Maybe they were going to forget it in exchange for the help ? Taehyung could try to give Ben his human appearance back with Nikolai's help, prying silently that he didnt turn him into a frog. It wouldn't be a big loss if not for Jaeshin who was still trying to be near Ben for him to sniff him. The wolf weirdly didnt want Jaeshin to be near him.

Taehyung chuckled while flipping the cups in the sink.

"What is so funny ?" someone asked softly in his left ear.

Taehyung turned his head so fast toward the voice that he nearly kissed the Alpha. He froze. The Alpha was also surprised if we judged by the way his eyes widened. Neither of them went backward, it was like something was keeping them from stepping away. What Taehyung didnt know.

Sure Taehyung was attracted to the Alpha, who could resist him ? he was 6 feet 4 inches tall, He has broad shoulders, and well he couldnt say what color is hair eyes and skin was but his handsome face was absolutely conpensating Taehyung's lack of sight.

Taehyung felt something pulse in him -no not in his pants- like something was pushing him to understand but what ?

The Alpha cut his thoughts when he suddently said "So ?"

So ? At that Taehyung frowned so deeply that his eyebrow were hiding his sight.

The Alpha tilted his head "Something's wrong ?"

Taehyung blinked while Kai went backward and leaned agaisnt the counter .

Whenever the Alpha was near him he was confused. Taehyung wasnt sure he liked that. Maybe he should stay away from the Alpha, it was blatant the man didnt have any interest for Taehyung in that way. But who could blame him, either he was straight or with his long hair -wich the bangs were too long and dressed in a sweatsuit while the Alpha was in a suit- Taehyung wasnt much to look at.

Taehyung took a deep breath trying to find a subject then said "Look..Alpha. I'm sorry for lying at the museaum and saying that i was blind. It wasnt my intention."

"They why did you do it ?" The Alpha didnt look convinced at Taehyung innocence. "Why were you at the museaum that night ?"

Taehyung wondered if he should lie again. He was going to do just that when what came out of his mouth was "Someone.. asked if i could help to find the serial killer, and said there was a meeting at the museaum. I thought i could find clues about the serial killer." Taehyung shrugged then looked at his feet "I really hadnt bad intentions, i swear."

"And who is that person ?"

Damn. "You don't know her."

"I should be the one deciding that."

Taehyung wasnt going to say it was the spirits of this who asked help, he just shook his head.

Kai said nothing but his eyes were icy "If you are innocent like you said then why did you run away ?"

Taehyung looked at him open mouthed. Kai was still leaning agaisnt the counter his arms crossed and arching his right eyebrow.

"Are you kidding me ? if you were at my place instead , would you have stayed where you were if a pack of wolves turned toward you, fangs and claws out ?"

Kai shrugged "No. Problably not. But if i was human i wouldnt accept to help if i was human."

Taehyung gulped "I'm not."

"Not what ? "

"Not human. You know about it, Nikolai said it minutes ago."

"True. I heard though that you were human and because of it your family denied you."

"None of your business right ?" snarled Taehyung with so much bitterness and resentment in the voice that he froze.

Kai though nodded "Im sorry." well by that tone of his he wasnt "So you said you were blind to save yourself."

Taehyung didnt see why he should admit he was ColorBlind. He was sure the Alpha would respond Well at least you see so he nodded no eagerly looking at his garden through the window "Yeah my sight is perfect."

"Is there a problem ?"

"No."

"Did i say something wrong ?"

"No." Taehyung still looked at his garden, now that he thought about it , he wondered if the shadow that he'd seen days ago in his porch was still here.

Fingers encountered his jaw then pulled his face to look in front of him. The Alpha was looking at him, so tall and powerful that Taehyung couldnt stop the gulp in his throat.

Kai seemed to observe him before he said "Im sorry if i offended you Mr. Murakami, that wasnt my intention. I came here to ask help, not to judge you. What happenned to the club is none of my business i know, so i will not ask what happened. Now please, tell me, can you help my Beta ?"

Taehyung felt the fingers leaving his jaw slowly leaving behind them like fire trail. He gulped once more before steppin back "I.."

"It's done already."

Taehyung and Kai looked toward the voice who was near the kitchen's door. Nikolai was adossed agaisnt it looking at them expressionless, what did he see ?

"Your Beta is as human as he could be, you should take him home before he..what did he say already ?" Nikolai feigned to think about it "ah yeah , before 'he kick my magic ass.' "

Kai shook his head "I'm sorry. He always was kind of hostile. Thanks though for helping him."

"You're not welcome. Your two others Betas bugged me to the point i had to try to give his appearance back even if he turned into a mouse at the end. But it worked so now please take them with you, and the naked man in the living room too."

Kai nodded without protest and left the kitchen without looking at Taehyung. Nikolai watched the Alpha leave then at Taehyung.

"Are you ok ?"

Taehyung wiped his sweaty hands on his pants while nodding.

They went toguether to the door and the sheriff went toward them.

"Thank you for your help, the Alpha said that.. you were trustworthy."

"Oh this is so nice." said Nikolai sarcastically crossing his arms.

"It is. The Alpha doesnt like sorcerer, or others species." he looked at Taehyung "in fact he accept them, but he never give his trust. We don't know why but he's particulary wary of Shamans."

Taehyung and Nikolai frowned giving each other a side glance.

"So yeah, it's something nice. Have a good day."

He went to leave, and Taehyung accompagnied him to the door. Here he saw Ben now human wearing Jaeshin's coat.

"I don't need it !" said Ben forcefully.

"Please keep it, they are going to see !" Jaeshin's eyes went between Ben's legs.

The wolf surprising everyone, blushed. "So what i'm a wolf."

Jaeshin raised his eyebrows "Oh. So because you are a wolf you walk around with your penis breathing the fresh air ?"

Ben blushed even harder. "No, because i'm a wolf i'm free !"

"And that mean walk around with your penis.."

Ben raised his hands toward the sky "Ok i don't care i just want to leave that haunted house !" he turned around and walked toward the car wearing Jaeshin's coat tightly.

In the silence that followed between Taehyung, Nikolai, Jaeshin the Alpha and the two Betas, Nikolai said "How does it know it's haunted ?"

Without looking at anyone Simon and Liam turned around -bumping each other in the process- and went out.

The Alpha shook his head then looked at Taehyung.

He was going to say something but stopped. He finally said "Tell your friend that your investigation stop here. We are a pack, we protect our land so don't worry we will find that serial killer."

"Are you telling us what we should do ?" asked Nikolai uffed "it's a funny way to say thank you."

Kai only looked at Taehyung "It's because i'm thankful that i'm saying that to you. Please stay in your line and let us do our job. Ok ?"

Taehyung feeling caught in Kai's gaze nodded.

"Good. Then see you around Mr Murakami and.." he looked at Nikolai.

"Deucius. Shit." Nikolai shoudnt have said his real name.

Kai fronced "Ok. Goodbye Mr. Deucius-shit."

"What ?!" shrieked Nikolai but the door was already closed.

-37-

"Deucius-Shit, he called me Deucieus-shit !"Nikolai said for the at least 15th time.

Taehyung shook his head chuckling. "It's your fault. You said it first."

"He did it on purpose. No one can be this ignorant."

"I don't know Nikolai, it didnt look like he was joking."

"Tsk. This is what a call a poker-face."

While waiting for Jaeshin to have his hair cut, Nikolai and Taehyung sat on a bench at a park just in front of the hair dresser.

"So, where do we go now ?"

Taehyung frowned "You want to go shopping ?"

"Huh ? sure. But i was talking about the investigation."

"Oh." Taehyung watched kids playing with a ballon near them and said "nothing."

Nikolai looked at him "What do you mean nothing ?"

Taehyung went silent.

"You mean you are going to stop searching the serial killer ? really ? "

Taehyung refrained himself to snap"It's his city, he owns it. And i'm sure he will find soon who is behind all that. If we meddle ourself we would only be in his way."

"So." Nikolai said slowly "If i understand everything you tell me, you want to stop seaching this killer just because this..this..king of fur said so ?"

Ok, what the hell "But what do you exactly have agaisnt him ! is it because he's a wolf ?" racism agaisnt wolf, awesome !

Nikolai scoffed "You ask me what do i have agaisnt him ? i have nothing agaisnt the Alpha but something agaisnt you yes !"

What ? "Me ? Why, what did i do !"

Nikolai pointed at him"You look at him like he's a piece of meat, confess that you are obedient just to get into his pants !"

Silence.

Taehyung looked at him expressionless "Since when ?"

Nikolai choked on nothing "You tell me !"

"I..i mean what ?" Taehyung shook his head to clear his thoughts "what make you think that ?"

Nikolai laughed "Puh-lease even me i checked him out. It's true that you are quit a poker face, but nothing can hide from my eyes."

They went silent until Taehyung asked "talking about eyes, what colors are they ?"

Nikolai tilted his head like a puppy"Whose ?"

"The Alpha."

"Golden."

Silence.

"So you really like him."

Taehyung groaned then raised his arms "I dont know ! well yes i admit he's..pleasant to look at."

Nikolai choked on his saliva "Pleasant to look at. You nearly drooled in your cup when we were in the living room with him and his betas." he chuckled "In fact you drooled, thanks God he didnt see it. He's quit dense."

Taehyung passed an hand in front on his face trying to keep his face from turning red. He failed.

"So embarrassing." he muttered to no one.

Nikolai said curious "But i couldnt see if you interested him too. He's..baffling."

Taehyung shook his head "Nevermind. He's too hot for me, probably straight and..anyway i don't think i'm ready yet to start something after my divorce."

Nikolai sighed but Taehyung looked at his own feet.

"Actually your marriage was not a real one. You just signed a paper. You had a son then..what ? you only slept with her in the same bed for 10 years. Do you call that a marriage ?"

Taehyung still didnt talk.

"You have never fallen in love right ?"

Taehyung stuttered "J..Jackson.."

"Was it love ?"

"I..i guess ? well until he chased me in his wolf form to eat me."

"How did he die ?"

Silence.

Taehyung gulped. "Can't you read my memories ?"

Nikolai sighed "I dont want to do that while i'm recovering my powers. But if you dont want to tell me.."

"I escaped my house because i outed myself to my wife accidently after a dispute. " Taehyung started "At night Jackson found me in the forest where we passed our days playing when we were young. And there i admitted i was gay. That i married Kate because i wanted to denie my attraction for mens, that i never loved her." he took a shaking breath "he was so angry Nikolai. Telling me he loved her since college and that because i was his best friend he backed off."

Jun should have been my son !

Taehyung closed his eyes and continued "I felt like shit. I remember crying and telling him that i was sorry. That i did it to save our friendship, it was either i married her or asked him out. thought that with time i could make her happy. That angered him even more."

It was definitely disgust that Taehyung saw in his eyes that day before he shifted.

He continued "I dont remember what he was saying, in fact i didnt even understand because his voice became a gravely sound like a growl. Before i could ask myself what was happenning his body disappeared letting his clothes fall on the ground and..a wolf was standing in Jackson's place."

Nikolai tensed.

Taehyung at that time didnt know if he was hallucinating because of the dark. That he didnt see right. Maybe the wolf attacked Jackson then decided to kill him too, but his eyes left no doubt. It was his best friend.

He knew about wolf-shifter of course, but he didnt thought his best friend was one. It was why Taehyung fell into his knee from the shock.

The wolf growled then jumped toward him. He didnt know by what miracle Taehyung avoided him, but he took off as soon as he could.

"He chased me in the forest. He had me almost four times either with his fangs or claws and always missed me by not much. I finally found my truck and turning on the engine. I left without looking behind me."

He felt Nikolai relax but he didnt finish his story.

"I was so obsessed with the idea of leaving this forest that i've seen the wolf in the middle of the road too late."

he gulped loudly 'i..i tried to brake the car and he didnt move. He probably thought i would stop the car but it was too late and i.."

He put his face on his hands and breathed loudly before admitting "I killed him. I killed my best friend."

• 3 weeks later...

-38-

Taehyung didn't know how much time time has passed since he hide his face in his hands ashamed of his secret. Because the silence was still here, he finally looked up to see Nikolai looking bored at him.

"So ?" he said arching an eyebrow "you want to stay single for the rest of your life because you friend was a coward and a mad dog ? i'm seriously disapointed in you."

Taehyung stared at him baffled then slowly shook his head to clear his mind. "Wha.."

"If he really wanted her he would have do something to have her in all theses years..."

"He didnt try anything because i was his friend.."

"Wrong. Would you pin for someone for 10 years without trying anything ? you are a not an idiot i'm sure you would have seen it if he looked at her with desire. I think he had a crush first and because he couldnt act on it, he was still fixated on her. You were not the only one to keep secrets in this story. Ok you played a woman and even had a son but we all do mistakes, some are more ..complicated. But you three - you ,Kate and Jackson had a part in this. For not saying what you really wanted. In the end no one was innocent and everyone suffered. End of story."

Taehyung stared at him.

Nikolai tilted his head and scratched his neck "Now when are you goign to ask the Alpha out ?"

Taehyung still stared.

"I..no no what if he's straight or he's with someone ? and more importantly i don't have experience in.."

Nikolai cut his sentence"Blablabla always excuse just go with the flow."

"But a sorcerer and a wolf ?!" surely it was forbidden or something.

"..True its weird, but it never happened before because one is allergic to the other. But you dont seem affected by his presence so try at least. In the worst scenario he would laugh at you." he shrugged.

Taehyung looked at his feet ignoring the sound of Nikolai scratching his neck.

"Without forgetting than you have to tell him about what happened in the club."

Taehyung looked at him frowning "What happened ?"

"Man you are dense ! did you already forget that man talking about killing a wolf, and nearly taking your left eye off with a knife ?"

Taehyung did forget. He sighed "I'll do it" Shit, Nikolai was right he should call him. "I'm really tired." he passed a hand on his face.

"It's normal, you brought a spirit back from the dead. The worst is that it work only five hours."

"What ?!" shrieked Taehyung "the ritual doesnt last ?!"

"Of course not, or everyone will be back to life !"

"Then..then what ?"

"If he want to stay alive he has to bond with his mate. The link would keep him alive. At least as long as his mate live."

"Shit. Does Jaeshin know ?"

"I suppose not, and i'm not eager to say it. That idiot would think i did it on purpose..God it itch !" Nikolai scartched the left side of his neck forcefully.

What was the problem exactly, was Nikolai allergic to something ? or was bitten ? Taehyung leaned to see his neck thinking it was a mosquito bite and gasped "Nikolai !"

"What ?" Nikolai asked without stopping scratching.

"Your..your neck.." he gulped "since when does it itch ?"

"Hm..since the first day i came back to life. But it's worse each day. Why ?"

"Look at your fingers. And please don't panic."

Nikolai stopped reluctantly scratching and looked at his nails drenched in blood.

"What.."

"Maybe something sting you or it can be your allergy to wolves who did that. Whoever it is we should go see a Doctor. Im going to retrieve Jaeshin at the hairdresser, wait for me !"

Taehyung was about to get up when Nikolai said "No need."

Taehyung turned around to face his ancestor ready to fight him to take him to the hospital, but Nikolai's eyes were riveted at his bloody hand looking helpless.

"N..Nikolai ? hey.."he sat near him and took his right hand in his "you know what is this ?"

Nikolai didnt even started shaking his head that he let out a sob. Taehyung's eyes went big before Nikolai's head reposed in his shoulder.

The kids who were playing earlier were now looking at them, and more precisely at Nikolai's neck.

"Uh.." Taehyung tried to smile "it's noting Kids just..don't mind us."

The kids still looked at them but continued to play.

"Maybe i should leave." Nikolai suddently got up and wiped his hands on his pants.

Taehyung frowned "You mean going home right ? just to make sure."

Nikolai smiled "No. I mean leave this city. Somewhere alone, maybe in the middle of a forest. With a lake nearby..yeah it would be not bad."

"But..why so suddently ? has it something to do with your neck ?"

Nikolai studied him "..You dont know ?" when the silence stretched Nikolai shook his head, his eyes sad. "Of course you don't know. I feel the bond Taehyung. I bonded to that asshole and i feel the distance. And because that fairy didnt bond to me i'm the only one suffering. It's like something want to get out my flesh and can't. It's eating me."

"Oh. And..can't we do something about it ?"

They looked at each other for what seems like an eternity before Nikolai eyes watered "No." They both looked at Jaeshin get out of the hair dresser and heading toward them "It will only get worse."

Jaeshin went toward them with a grin on his face and said "Hey guys just look at me !" he turned around himself, letting them look at his haircut. his blond hair seemed even more golden under the sun. Long to the back of his neck, bangs falling to the edge of his green eyes. He looked like one of thoses actors of Hollywood.

"So what do you think ?"

"Look like a lettuce."

Silence. Taehyung closed his eyes for a second. They were at this. Again.

Jaeshin crossed his arms saying calmly "You always have something bad to say, you and your hair of Francis Lalane."

"Who's that ?" asked Nikolai frowning.

"I don't know..they were watching something called fort boyard in the hairdresser.Well now that it's finished let's go ! we go shopping right !" he walked ahead without waiting for them.

Taehyung was still thinking about what Nikolai said "Are you dying Nikolai ?" he asked soflty.

It took a moment for Nikolai before he answered "Not physically. But inside ? yeah."

Taehyung gulped "You dont need to leave. I will take care of you."

"No one can idiot. It will not be easy to stay with me. I may be unstable in a fews day maybe even get agressive. Do you really want me to stay ? want to assist at my decadence ?"

Taehyung shook his head, then took Nikolai's arm in his going toward Jaeshin "I will be there. Always."

Taehyung didnt look at his ancestor but he could hear the tears in his voice when he said "The next few days are going to be hell."

• 2 weeks later...

-39-

For being hell it was.

Mostly for Nikolai who since coming back home, locked himself in his bedroom.

Taehyung thought it could be good to give him time for himself because obviously he was hurting, and for apparently a long time. He felt a little guilty for not realizing it sooner and only understand it when Nikolai's hand was bloodied.

When he made dinner that evening, he already had a fight with Jaeshin, who since he knew he could only be human five hours without being bonded with his mate, disapeared and officially was mad at him even thought Taehyung didnt know about it until two hours ago.

Taehyung knocked at Nikolai's door to come eat but he only heard a breathless voice said "I'm not hungry."

At that Taeyung didnt worry either because of course, Nikolai was hurting and surely didnt have it in him to eat right now. So he just left a place of smashed potatoes and meat with water (and a little chocolate) near his door.

In the middle of the night Taehyung feeling observed opened his eyes and found near his bed his ancestor looking at him in the dark, face expressionless. Taehyung blinked then frowned "You.." his voice was rasped "are you all right ?"

Nikolai shook his head.

Taehyung after looking at him a few seconds went backward in his bed and opened the blanket "You want to come here ?"

Nikolai immediatly went into the bed and snuggled agaisnt the heat. His eyes were closed when Taehyung whispered

observing him "Do you hurt ?"

The answer was long to get by but Nikolai opened his eyes and eyes cast said "I don't know."

He didnt know ?

"Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time a sorcerer. He had no parents, never had a childhood. One day he opened his eyes and .."

Silence.

"Hop, he was here."

Silence.

"What the fuck .." started Taehyung.

"Simply. Don't search far. The sorcerer opened his eyes and then he lived. looking like a twenty years old boy."

"..Amnesia ?"

"No. The sorcerer was created by someone. He didnt know who, but the information was placed in his head. The sorcerer was also the first specie created with magic. The first sorcerer."

Taehyung was feeling completely lost "Wow. Is this story...true ?"

Nikolai nodded and continued "The sorcerer wandered around the city and quickly learned to be discreet and live amongs the humans. He watched enough innocent persons burn to know that sorcery was forbidden. Years passed and more sorcerer

came in the city. The sorcerer quickly learned that he was stronger than them and they wanted him at the end to be their leader and run the city. The sorcerer refused so another person took his place but the sorcerer was well respected though. He was courted by mens and womens, but he denied them all, believeing his soul mate was somewhere. The Sorcerer could also see the future and one day what he'd seen scared him to no point."

Taehyung gulped and whispered "What did he see ?"

"The end. Of everything. Because of a War between Vampire and others specie. Everything turned into ashes. All, Vampires, Species and humans died. The world in my prophecy has ended."

Taehyung nearly jumped out of his bed "WHAT ?! are you seri.."

"But. Someone could save it. Save us all."

Taehyung froze.

"The first Vampire and specie created."++

"The sorcerer searched that man everywhere. He didnt know the name of the Vampire but quickly learned it thanks to his description : Golden eyes, hair and skin, with tribal tattoos covering every inch of his skin in a same bright gold."

Silence.

"Everything ?" asked Taehyung curious.

Nikolai let a fews seconds pass before ponctuating "E.v.e.r.y .i.n.ch."

Taehyung let out a whistle "So..his name ? was it Goldmember ?"

Nikolai frowned "Is this a joke ?" he held up a hand before Taehyung said something "don't say i don't wanna know. So the man didnt have a name. But because every person who had seen him have been dumstruck, they gave him the surname of Nemesis. So beautiful that he was reffered as a sin. They gave him Gold, diamonds and even a castle without him having asking for it."

"What ?" Some people had it easy.

Nikolai nodded "People stayed in front of his castle for days for seeing a glimpse of him. "

"Scary."

"Yeah, he was beautiful that much. So the sorcerer went to see him and Nemesis did believe him. Unfortunaly the sorcerer received a letter from Zitao the Leader of Vampires , who asked to see him. Which was odd because they never meet."

Nikolai looked like he was going to be sick.

"Are you all right Nikolai ?"

Nikolai took a deep breath "Yeah so i went...i mean the sorcerer went to see him and a Shaman -standing near Zitao- had the same prophecy as me..and said that i knew where Nemesis was. But that rang a bell in the sorcerer's head because Shaman doesnt see the future and the guy seemed creepy as hell with his cloath."

Wait did Nikolai said almost i ? he was the first sorcerer created ?!

If so, no wonder he was so arrogant.

"Did you tell them where he was ?"

Nikolai bit his lips aware that he revealed himself "Yes i did. Otherwise things would have gone bersek. But i went ahead to tell Nemesis." Suddently Nikolai's eyes glowed " THAT FUCKING IDIOT IN NEED OF LOVE LET HIMSELF GET POISONED BY A CRAZY HUMAN BOY." then he muttered "Well i can talk i did the same thing."

Aoutch "So..he's dead ? what will happen to the world if.."

"He can't die Taehyung he.can't.die the only way to kill him is if his creator want to." Nikolai eyes seemed sad "but since then i don't know what happened because two fairy came to take me to their King offering protection. Somehow he knew i was in danger even if we never meet. I should have knew it was too good to be true."

Taehyung guessed "It was your mate ?"

"Yeah lucky me, The Fae King was soul mate. i bonded to him two days later but he didnt, i wasnt worried because..." Nikolai shrugged "he's my mate what could he do beside love and care for me ? i was silly. A fews days after our ..first night toguether, i saw him with at least at least fiftheen mens and womans, which one was giving him a blowjob."

Taehyung saw red "Holy hell the scum. I can't imagine what you did, did you..kill him ?"

Nikolai looked at the ceiling then said calmly "I didnt kill him. I remember him handing his hand to me to join them and..i simply took back the bracelet that i gave him and left."

Silence.

"I'm.." Taehyung shook his head from too much information. "I.."

Nikolai cut him off "We have to find Nemesis to stop that war, we have to find the serial killer, we have to free you from what sealed your powers and we have to do all that before I loose my shit."

-40-

So the next day, planning to go to the Alpha house, Nikolai decided to bring back Jaeshin again to life for his mate to smell him. Jaeshin appeared instantly in front of them, his eyes sparkling at the idea of seeing his mate again, like he didn't disappear pouting yesterday. On Taehyung part he wasnt as eager for the ritual seeing Nikolai state. Yesterday they were in the dark so he didnt see the lacerations rolling up his arms and neck. Some parts of his skin was bright red, blood dry splattered on it. But Nikolai didnt want to hear Taehyung's protest and said that if he didnt do the ritual now, he couldnt later.

At this Taehyung agreed. Nikolai was obviously loosing strengh and for what he could see, he guessed Nikolai would never get back his powers again. Finding your mate should be a blessing, but for Nikolai it ended as a curse.

The ritual ended with Taehyung projected agaisnt the furnitures and Nikolai under the book shelves -again- . Jaeshin having his body back instantly put clothes on and they had to slow him down physically -at least Taehyung because Nikolai was really as weak as kitten now- or he would have left immediatly. Nikolai asked Jaeshin to persuade Ben that he was his mate and mate immediately after but Jaeshin frowned and said that he wanted to take his time before being bonded.

And so they started bickering again. Taehyung for once was on Nikolai's side. He tried to make Jaeshin understand that Nikolai state was worse than before and that he had to keep his energy, obviously doing ritual like this one really exhausted Nikolai but Jaeshin having none of it, accused Nikolai of not liking him.

"Its true that i don't like you because you have the same eyes as that motherfucker." snarled Nikolai before under the horrified eyes of Jaeshin and taehyung tear a long part of his skin off his neck with his right hand and throw it carelessly to the ground.

At their feet, the skin torn off looked like an old parchment -with dark smoke- making Taehyung shudder. Jaeshin looked at it before looking right at Nikolai who was glaring at him. An akward silence passed before Jaeshin nodded.

"I will talk to him." he answered quietly.

That was the first argument between them that Nikolai won, but the arrongant smirk they were waiting for didnt come. Nikolai simply took Ignis in his arms and left.++

Jaeshin and Taehyung were in front of the house -or rather Mansion- of the Alpha of Busan, Kai Elesung.

"Wow" breathed Jaeshin mesmerized.

It was huge. With a pang in the heart, Taehyung felt like he was in one of the castles he saw in the anime he watched all weekends with his son. He missed Jun so much. When all this was settled, he promised himself to appeal to justice for shared custody.

They didn't even have the time to observe proprely that before someone appeared in front of them making them jump.

"You are ?" asked the guard frowning at Taehyung's blue eyes.

Lucky Taehyung was used to it "Hm..i'm.." it occured him only now that maybe Taehyung should have called to say he was passing by. But of course it's not like he had the number. "I came here to talk to the Alpha."

At the mention of him, the guard straightened. "And you are ?"

"I'm Taehyung Murakami and this man beside me is Jaeshin Murakami my cousin. We are here because we have some important informations."

The guard eyed them before nodding "Wait." Then the man stared at nothing for at least ten seconds.

Jaeshin passed a hand in front of him then looked at Taehyung "Man, he's catatonic."

Immediatly the guard looked at them "Someone is coming to get you, wait here." then he left without a glance.

Ooh. He talked mind to mind with the Alpha.

The minutes stretched and Taehyung had the ominous feeling that he was being watched.

Jaeshin beside him sighed heavily, his face sweating making Taehyung look at him "Are you alright ?"

Jaeshin looked at him briefly "Yeah" he snorted "well.. today Ben is going to know that i'm his mate, that i'm a ghost and that he need to bond with me in less than 4 hours and 32 minutes."

Taehyung bit his lips "You think he would reject you ?"

Jaeshin send him a glare "Of course no !..i mean yeah. Maybe. I don't know if you noticed but he didnt seems to like me much."

"He was a little desoriented because he was cursed a moment ago, i'm sure now he had calmed down. You'll see. Everything will be alright." Taehyung patted Jaeshin's shoulders. It was weird touching him knowing he was a spirit moments ago.

"It's really you !"

Jaeshin and Taehyung looked ahead at the voice and saw one of the Betas that came to their house, Liam. The man was walking toward them trying to hide a smirk behing his hands.

"Wow, i didnt think we would see you two so soon." he looked at Jaeshin and his smile widened "you are here for Ben ?"

Jaeshin arched an eyebrow and crossed his arms "Of course, why wouldnt i be ?"

Liam looked nonchant while saying "Man, then hurry up because i just saw him go to his bedroom with a girl."

Silence.

Jaeshin's face changed to white dark then red. "Where.Is.He." he asked ponctuating every words.

Liam pointed at the mansion innocently "That way. You take the stairs and go to the door number 24, there is naked woman sticker on it, you can't miss it.

Jaeshin clenched his teeth so hard that Taehyung could feel them crack. He stomped toward the mansion leaving Liam and Taehyung behind gasping.

"Wait, Jaeshin !" Jaeshin didnt listen and went inside.

Taehyung looked at Jaeshin stuttering "I'm so sorry !"

Liam shook his head "Don't be. The Alpha said to let him get inside. Nothing should come between mates."

Taehyung's eyes widened "How.."

"We have eyes. Ben have not." he shook again his head "I'm sorry for your cousin though."

Taehyung frowned "Why ?"

"Because Ben is straight."

SHIT. Ok it was going to be more complicated than they thought.

"Did you come here for him ?"

Taehyung expelled a breath "No. Actually i have important informations about the Serial killer and i wanted a talk with your Alpha."

Liam nodded "Follow me."

Taehyung did. Still feeling eyes watching him from somewhere.

-41-

"Are you sleeping ?"

Eyes closed but aware, Nikolai let out a smile "I don't know, am i dreaming right now ?"

The laugh who followed his question made Nikolai's inside heated.

"If so then my nightmare was the longest and suffering one in my long life."

Nikolai opened his eyes and looked at ceiling "Then tell me, what did you dream about Goemon ?"

He felt near him his soul mate shift on the bed and look at Nikolai, but Nikolai didnt look back. He didn't have the courage yet.

The courage ?

"I dreamed.." Goemon stopped abrutly when he heard his voice shake and letting out a breath said again "I dreamed that you were dead."

Neither of them talked for a moment until Nikolai said " I'm Nikolai Deucius.."

"Yeah i know you can't die. Too powerful." the words seemed irritated but his tone was amused.

Nikolai nodded.

"But here you died Nikolai. In my dreams you really died."

Nikolai bit back a smile"Was my corpse an horrible sight ?" Goemon took his jaw in his hand and made him look at him.

Their eyes finally meet each other and Nikolai gasped. He was there, his soulmate, his Fae was there ! Something on the back of his head nagged him, something was clearly wrong but he didnt want to think about it.

Goemin looked at him and whispered "God you are so beautiful."

Beautiful ? "I'm broken."

Huh ? why was he broken ? he didn't remember.

Goemon frowned looking at him from head to toe "What an odd things to say, is this word common on earth ?"

"Yeah." Nikolai didnt think he would use his world neither "When someone you love hurt you. You are considered broken."

But Nikolai didnt remember who broke him.

Goemon fingers let his jaw and without taking is eyes off him got up until he was above him. They looked at each other and Goemon said quietly "Did i hurt you ?"

Did he ? "What do you think ?"

Goemon's eyes seemed oddly sad "That i am an..an.."

"Asshole ?"

After a shocked silence, Goemon laughed finally his eyes wet "Yeah..yeah. This is how you would have called me. An asshole."

Nikolai felt tears fall along his cheeks like their were real and here he remembered everything. Goemon cheated, he broke his promise their mating. Nikolai felt his throat close saying angrily "It's you. Goemon you broke me."

Goemon bit his lips and nodded "I know."

"Look at me Goemon, just look." His hand was back at his deteriorated state. Red, dry blood on it and pale. "Look what did to me."

Goemon's eyes widened "Is this because...because.. Oh." his eyes now were cold under his eyes "I'm dreaming right now right ? you are not Nikolai."

He suddently got up and looked around. They were at his castle. Again. Nikolai didnt like that one bit but he couldn't care less. He was freaking angry. Here he could feel his power back even if his body was still aching. He wanted to finish all for once. Ending this dream saying everything he had in his heart.

"This is all because of you. You killed me." He spated.

"Ok. Enough." Goemon looked around the piece "come out Fate it isnt funny."

Nikolai when in front of him "Look at me Goemon !"

But Goemon ignored him "Fate ? come on i don't care i will not back off, wake me up."

Nikolai took him by the shirt and made him look in his eyes. "Have the decency to at least look at the man who you breaked the life. You broke me. From my trust, my faith, my love,my heart and my soul YOU BROKE ME ! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LOVE ME AND CARE FOR ME, I GAVE UP MY HEART AND LIFE FOR YOU AND YOU CRUSHED IT !"

Goemon also took him by the shirt and said in voice echoing in the wall "YOU KILLED YOURSELF, YOU LEFT ME ! YOU COULD HAVE HEALED YOURSELF BUT NO YOU SIMPLY LEFT YOURSELF TO DIE."

Nikolai let his hands falling off Goemon's shirt and laughed so loudly that his throat hurt "Are you kidding me ? You are my mate. I mated you in our first night, do you really think i could live proprely without you ?" and made a take-a-look at his appearance "Does it look like i'm alive right now ?"

Silence.

"What ?" he croaked.

Nikolai shook his head . It was in this moment that Fate appeared and looked at Goemon "Why are you so loud ?" when Goemon didn't acknowledge him and still looked at Nikolai mouth agape Fate turned toward him too. "I thought you would have do dirty things with him already. You search for this idiot for a long time right ?"

Fate Alias Sungjong didnt change at all. He was still good looking with his white hair and black eyes. His cute appearance was very off with his bad character. He wasn't evil, but he liked to mock others and show that he has their lives in hand.

Goemon took Fate by the throat and squeezed it. "What did he mean ?"

"H...Huh ? what ?"

"What this illusion mean, why did he say that ?"

"Illusion what ?" Fate looked at him like he asked why the sky was blue.

"Why did he say he's my mate ?!" roared Goemon shaking him off.

"Because he's your mate Duh !"

Goemon stopped shaking him and Nikolai knew now what was happenning.

Goemon asked the help of Fate to contact Nikolai. He still thought Nikolai was dead and wanted a last word with him but knowing Fate, he was going to take him at Taehyung's house soon. If he knew Nikolai was alive, then he would reveal it to his Kingdom. Zitao would know about it too and search him once again to revenge, and even kill Taehyung in the process.

Nikolai recoiled and prayed that he had enough power to wake up and pack his things to disappear.

Goemon looked toward Nikolai when he took a fews step back and before Nikolai disapeared he heard his soulmate say "Take me to his reicarnation."++

He didnt wait one second.

He took Ignis and ran out of his bedroom as fast he could ignoring the tears on his face and nearly fell off the stairs. His breathing was ragged but he pushed himself to his limits to go at the living and feeling a prickle of Magic coming inside the house he shouted "κλειστό με χιλιάδες κλειδί!"

He felt his magic even weakened answer at his request and act despite knowing his body couldnt take it. He spat an important amount of blood across the floor and his knees gave up under him, Shit. That's it he was going to go lethargic for using so much power.

"What's happening ?"

The familliar voice coming from outside the house made Nikolai jump.

"It seems we can't enter." Fate's voice said as a matter of fact.

"You said his reicarnation didn't have Nikolai's powers !"

"I said it but it seems that he's enough talented to use Nikolai's spells. He used the Thousand of Key thing."

"I don't care, he will open this door for the King."

Nikolai could feel his soulmate behind the door and the closeness God almighty, helped his body to regenerate.

"Wait, i can feel where he is and Taehyung is not here."

"Then why is the house under protection ?"

"Maybe he has something to keep guarded in the house."

In the silence that followed, Nikolai breathed as little as possile.

"We will come back King, let's go for now."

"Take me to where is his reicarnation."

"Not now, and i don't want you to interfere. Don't worry he will not disappear."

After that Nikolai couldnt hear nothing else and understood that they left. He got up and feeling definitely better looked at Ignis in the middle of his blood "Shit."

Before he could take Ignis in his arms he remembered Fate say that something was going to happen today to Taehyung.

Taking a deep breath he looked at Ignis "Yo, i have a job for you."

• 4 weeks later...

-42-

Liam went inside the house with Taehyung following him.

Taehyung didnt see Jaeshin and from the shout he could hear upstair he probably already found Ben.

He still followed Liam the Beta while looking around the Mansion dumbstruck.

"Nice huh ?" say Liam looking behind him.

"It's so freaking huge !" say Taehyung amazed before covering his mouth "sorry."

Liam laughed and shook his head "It's freaking huge right, we are all living here. 45 Wolves so we needed space."

45 Wolves ! "Do you never fight ?"

Liam laughed even harder "Rather when it is we don't f.."

Loud growl was all they had as warning before seeing two wolves throwing each other in the middle of the living room.

One Brown and the other grey, they were showing their teeth while encircling each other .

"Hey !" called Liam, putting himself in front of Taehyung.

But the Wolves either ignored him or didnt hear, they growled waiting for the other to attack.

"Simon, Cedric stop it we have a guest !" they still ignored Liam.

Taehyung gulped loudly thinking about Jackson and wanted only one thing right now : get the hell out of here.

"Taehyung."

At his name, Taehyung looked at his right. Karl was here.

"Taehyung let's leave." he said while pointing at the front door.

Taehyung frowned then looked at Liam still trying to stop the wolves from fighting. "I can't. I have to talk to the Alpha. I have to tell him the next victim is a wolf."

"I would have said you were right if Nikolai was here with you but no you are alone, barely containing powers that you dont know how to use, in a house of wolves hating Shamans. Please let's leave right now, i know you are scared too."

Right. Taehyung was hella scared. But he couldnt always ran away. If he left, someone could seriously be injured or even killed. He shook his head "I can't Karl. I have to talk to the Alpha, and Jaeshin is up there. And i have you, you can still throw things." he said with a smile.

Karl bit his lips then nodded. "Then i will go with Jaeshin. Be careful."

When he left, Taehyung frowned at the silence behind him. He looked at the living and saw all the wolves looking right at him.

"Wh..what happened ?"

"Were you..talking to a ghost ?" asking Liam watching him warily.

Taehyung frowned then threw a glance at the two wolves looking at him like waiting his answer.

"Uh...yeah ?"

The two wolf fought each other to ran away the fastest possible while Liam looked around him.

"Wh..where is he/she ?!"

"He went upstairs to see Jaeshin."

Liam looked at the stairs like they were possessed. "The Alpha is coming, see you !" and with that he jumped from the windows.

Now alone in the Mansion, Taehyung went still.

"Ok." and Karl was scared for Taehyung after something like that ? theses wolf didnt seem so bad if we didnt count Ben.

Feeling watched from up the stairs Taehyung looked up and froze.

Kai Elesung was standing here.

He was in a 3 pieces suit, his hair combed back but a few strand of rebellious hair fell in the corner of his eyes.

God he was so beautiful.Taehyung hoped that the bump in his pants wasnt very visible.

not knowing what to say he raised his right hand and said awkwardly "Hey."

Silence.

Kai looked at him from head to toe before saying in a tone more than bored "Hey."

Silence.

Taehyung gulped and wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans "How are y.."

"Follow me."

Kai left toward the other side of the stairs leaving Taehyung to decide to follow him or not.

Taehyung felt it was going to be fun.

-43-

When he followed the path the Alpha took, there was only a door who was ajar, like waiting for him to close it.

Taehyung taking a deep breath opened it slowly and put his head inside. The Alpha was sitting on his office table, eyes already on him.

"Will you already come inside ?"

Blinking Taehyung did, closing the door behind him.

"I thought i told already." sighed the Alpha like he had already enough of the discussion.

"Told..told me what ?" asked Taehyung still trying to act nonchalent, God he was so crushing on him.

He even tried to be dressed nice today. With a white shirt without stain on it and jeans which Nikolai said his butt was great as hell. He even tried to tame his hair which was almost impossible.

"To let us find this Killer. You are here because you want to investigate again-"

Huh ? wait "What ?-"

"-So it's still no, do you hear me ?"

Taehyung shook his head, eyes big "But i never said i'm here-"

Kai got up from the table, and took a step toward the window "Do you at least understand what mean 'no' ?"

"But i'm telling you i'm not here for that ! i mean yes it's about that but-"

Kai looked at him his eyes dark and pointed at his direction "You are in my city Sorcerer. Or Shaman or whatever you are-"

Taehyung sputtered blushing "Whatever am i, what the hell-"

"When i tell you to stay away from this investigation you do as i say there is no but."

Taehyung threw his hands in the air "Will you hear me FOR SHIT SAKE ?"

Silence.

"Do i have your attention Alpha ? will you hear me now ?"

The Alpha was silent, his mouth open.

"Hello ?"

The Alpha closed his mouth and crossed his arms "Talk then."

Taehyung took a deep breath and tried to remember exactly what happened "I..when i was at your club i hear a man talking. He said..."

He took a look at the Alpha who was still watching him. "So ?"

"He said that the next victim would be a wolf."

Silence.

The Alpha let his arms fall "What..you tell me that now ? two days later ?"

"I..I know i sound like an asshole to you, but i didnt have the time.."

Kai barked a laugh "Didnt have the time ? are wolves's lives so disgusting that it came in the last of your problems ?"

Taehyung wanted to get closer but he wasnt sure it would be a good idea "No ! i know i should have told you earlier but i didnt have your number and didnt know where you live ! also Nikolai was sick and.."

"Stop you pitiful apologie now. Sorcerer who have powers like him are never sick."

"When they don't have their mate anymore they are."

That made the Alpha silent.

"Oh." he scratched his neck "i suppose it's a good excuse then. No that i know how it feel to loose a mate."

He was without a mate. Heh he.

No, Taehyung was not here for that. Maybe later he would ask the Alpha out and either the Alpha would laugh at him like it was a joke or he would punch him. But at least he would have asked.

The Alpha went behind his bureau and sat, Taehyung still standing near the door.

"I will not eat you, you know. Come here, sit."

"I..i will not stay long, i should already get going."

"You only came to tell me that ? surely you have more to tell about what you heard."

"Not really. I only saw his back, his hands looked like they were rotten to the bones. Before i could listen more he knew i was behind the door and threw a knife toward me but i'm alr-"

Suddently the Alpha almost jumped out of his chair and was touching Taehyung everywhere.

Taehyung looked at Kai's hands touching his thighs then his torso "Woo woo woo, one second wait what-"

"Did he hurt you ?"

Taehyung looked up at Kai's eyes who were really close and gulped.

"No. No he didnt. I was going to say that it landed on the door, not me."

The Alpha, his hands on Taehyung's shoulder let out a breathe. "So you are not hurt."

Taehyung looked at him trying to hide a smile "No, i'm not."

"Then all is good. Be careful." he took his hands back and took a step backward. "We should go investigate the club again. The footage could show the man and identify him at least.

"Hm.."

The Alpha stopped "Yeah ?"

"Do you.." Taehyung could feel a blush coming on his cheeks "i mean, are you worried for everyone like that ? because i'm from your city or.."

The Alpha frowned "I don't know why to be honnest."

Ok. "Are you seeing someone ?"

Silence. Taehyung covered his mouth.

"Excuse me ?" asked Kai slowly.

SHIT. Taehyung wanted to sew his mouth. Why did he said it now ?!

"A..are..huh... Oh look it's a butterfly passing by your window !"

"Did you ask me what i think ?"

Oh God, Taehyung wanted to be buried six feet underground. He should have asked for advice before asking a man like the Alpha on a date.

"Forget it please, forget it."

"Did you just ask me on a date, Murakami ?"

Taehyung put his hands on his eyes "NO, i mean please. please. F.o.r.g.e.t i.t."

"Just tell me honnestly, because i'm easily mistaking things when it comes to that. Or so my wolves say."

It took a fews seconds. But finally Taeyung let his hands fall showing his bit red face.

"Just. I like you."

Silence. Taehyung didnt dare look up, eyes focused on his shoes.

"Is that all ?" asked the Alpha with a ton of boredom like always.

Taehyung shrugged "Yeah like, i really like you."

The silence took place again and definitely this was the most embarrasing moment of Taehyung's life. Like what did he expect ? he didnt have experience dating, his sex life sucks, he didnt have friends, he didnt like crowds, he couldnt control his powers, he never dated guys..

"When you ask an Alpha to date you, it show that you don't respect him."

Taehyung opened his eyes -which he didnt know when he closed them- and finally looked up.

The Alpha stayed on his ground looking at him like he was much more than Taehyung could hope. If he looked like someone impressive before, now he was like way out of his league.

"Uh..Is the fact that i'm a sorcerer worse ?"

Kai thought about it then tilted his head "Yeah."

SHIT IN A BUCKET

Screams coming from the other side of the Mansion made them Jump.

They didnt look at each other, they ran toward the noise of things crashing on the floor.

• 4 weeks later...

-44-

The closer they got, more the smell of dead flesh could be scented. Shout could be heard from afar and some other wolves were running toward the sound coming from the quarter of chambers.

One of them called Cedric went near the Alpha. "Alpha !"

"What's happening ?" asked the Alpha in a hard tone.

"Some creature is inside the mansion. We tried to enter but something is blocking us from entering Ben's room." said Cédric lamely.

Something was blocking them ? wait, in Ben's room ?

"Jaeshin !" Taehyung ran seeing a group of people near an open door. Just when he was there, a wolf was thrown out of the room.

"Ben !" were shouting the people gathered. Ben in his wolf form bled motionless on the ground, panting heavily.

Taehyung's heart was beating so fast that he thought it would burst "Jaeshin !"

"Murakami, no !"

He heard the Alpha call him but Taehyung was already in the room, wait how? didnt the wolf said that no one could enter ?

"Murakami !" the Alpha called him again but this time pointing in front of him.

A growl in behind him make Taehyung look slowly toward the sound. The room was completely broken. Books and furnitures were in pieces. A woman was dead on the bed, his organ out of his stomach. Jaeshin was on the floor, a big hole in his stomach but alive. He had a hand on it like it could stop the blood but without success.

A tall creature was near Jaeshin. His skin was green and smelled strongly of the death. Taehyung couldnt be sure but it looked like the same creature that he saw in the gay club with the cloak man.

Taehyung didnt know what to do. For now the creature was only looking at Jaeshin, like he was hesitating at killing him. But why ?

"Murakami !"

Taehyung looked behind his shoulder at Cedric.

"There should be four stones around the corners of this room. Take them off so we can help you, hurry !"

Four stones. Ok..ok that Taehyung could do. At the condition that the stones weren't heavy and that the creature wasnt attacking him.

For the moment it didnt seem to see him so Taehyung got easily in the right corner of his side of the room. He found two stones with runes on it. Even if he didnt know much about his powers or the surnatural in general, he knew at least that no one but a Shaman could have placed them.

"Be Careful !"

Jaeshin's voice made Taehyung look at toward him. The creature was looking right at him.

"Murakami, Get off the others stones quickly !" Cedric voice shouted.

Taehyung started to run on the left side of the room at the same time as the creature ran there too but to catch him. Luckily for Taehyung he had time to remove the stone not waiting for a second and without an ounce of hesitation climbed onto the bed where the girl had died to cross the room.

The creature managed to catch him by the feet and made him fall on the blanket bathed in the blood of the poor girl.

Ugh. Taehyung was going to throw up.

He could hear people calling him but he couldnt understand what they were saying with the panic running through his head. He tried to kick the thing off but it was useless. What could he give to see Nikolai right now, for sure he would have killed the creature in a matter of seconds. Suddently coming from nowhere a big hand where Taehyung even in his state of panic could see some tattoo on it, took the creature by the neck and threw it agaisnt the wall behind him.

There was a big commotion at the door seeing the stranger take Jaeshin in his arms, and Taehyung took the opportunity to go to the other side of the room to remove the stones.

The last one was taken off when he felt an hand grip his throat and push him off the balcony.

"TAEHYUNG !"

Taehyung through his fall though in a side of his head that the panicked voice looked strangely like the alpha. He didnt even know he knew his name.

He felt his body hit water, then the darkness.

• 1 month later...

-45-

Taehyung felt his eyelashes flutter. He could also feel the matress on which he was laying down . He didnt know how he ended up here. He only remembered being throw off from a balcon on the Alpha's mansion by a very ugly creature. He was so tired that he only wanted to sleep right now.

Feeling hands on his pants, he opened his eyes with a startle. "What ..!"

The Alpha was looking at him hands on his fly.

Silence.

"Oh, you are awake." the Alpha stated stoic.

Taehyung blinked "Yes ?"

"Good. How do you feel ?" asked the Alpha his hands still on Taehyung's fly.

What was happening "..Good ?"

It was apparently the good answear because the Alpha took Taehyung's pants off.

"What are you doing ?!" he felt his cheeks go red. That man didnt even say if he was interested in Taehyung and he already wanted to take his pants off !

"You are covered in dirty water and blood."

Oh "Ah shit..i'm sorry, i dirtied the sheets."

Was that a little smirk that he saw on the Alpha's face ? impossible.

"Let's get you in the bathtub."

"Huh what ?" Taehyung didnt have the time to elaborate that the Alpha took him in his arm like a princess and carried him to what he guessed was the bathroom. "But i can walk !"

"You were threw off the 2th foor. It's a miracle you weren't injured. You saved one of my wolf today so let me take care of you. "

But the problem was that Taehyung could feel himself hardening under his underwear and he felt a little relieved to see that his tshirt hide this embarrassing aspect " I swear i'm completely alright, let me at least take off my shirt and underwear myself !"

"Can you stand up ?"

"Of course !"

The Alpha let him up in the Bathroom then simply looked at him.

Was he not going to leave ? "Hum..i have to get naked to..you know.. take a bath."

They still looked at each other. Taehyung was grabbing the front of his shirt nervously.

"So please could you..turn around maybe ? so i could take off my clothes ? Please."

The Alpha did so but didnt leave.

Taehyung sighed ans took his shirt off. Some parts of his body were bruised from the fall and he grimaced seeing the purple on it. The bath was already prepared so fastly, he also took off his underwear and jumped inside the bathtub.

Hearing the sound of water splashing, the Alpha turned toward him.

Taehyung got water in his eyes but blinked saying "You...you can go now Alpha, thank you." The Alpha took off his jacket ignoring him. "What the f.."

He also pulled up his sleeves before going toward Taehyung "Let's wash your hair."

What ? "What ?" he looked at the Alpha putting shampoo in his hand "i can do it myself really !"

"Just let me take care of you."

Was it some sorts of tradition in a wolf pack ? maybe. Taehyung felt the Alpha's hands on his hair, and he closed his eyes enjoying the moment while it lasted.

After a moment of silence, the Alpha said lowly "Lean your head back."

Taehyung did, opening eyes but looking rather toward the door than the man in front of him. He was feeling very shy in this moment. Last time someone washed his hair was when he was around 8 years old. Looking toward the door he could see the mirror attached to it.

So when he asked him to turn around seconds ago he stills saw Taehyung by the mirror.

The Alpha's hands stilled "What is it ? you are bit red."

"Nothing." Taehyung muttered without looking at him.

"If you say so. You were the most injured today."

He jumped inside the water, he forgot ! "How is Jaeshin ? is he alright ?"

The Alpha was rincing off Taehyung's hair "He is. At least it's what he's saying. It would be better if a doctor saw him but he refuse. He said that in a matter of hours it wouldnt matter anymore."

And he was right. If he didnt bond with Ben, Jaeshin would be in one or two hours a spirit again and then, he wouldnt see his mate anymore or be alive. If Taehyung judged by the girl who was in Ben's bed, theses two wouldnt have a happy ending. Jaeshin would be forever trapped in his house as ghost.

"Why nothing ever happens as we hope." he asked softly. "I would have understand if some things not go well but.." he shook his head looking at the bubbles covering his legs "it's everything." he looked at Kai, unshed tears blurring his sight "i thought for a moment that there was a purpose for me to come in this city you know. I'm from a family of shaman but i was without power, without abilities. And suddently i can see ghosts and they need my help. Since i came here so many things changed. I've meet Matthias ,Jaeshin, Nikolai ..i tought i finally found something..i mean.."

The Alpha still looked at him.

Taehyung felt so stupid "I dont know. Sorry forget what i said."

The Alpha said nothing for a moment while looking at him then "Turn around. Let me was your back."

Taehyung quickly wiped the tears that threatened to fall "Ok."

Turning around he tried to calm down while the Alpha rubbed his back.

"Suffering can take such a place in our life that it makes us forgets happiness. Because we do not remember being happy. I don't know many things about you Shaman, but i'm sure at least one thing in your life was good right ?"

Taehyung looked at the water and whispered "My son."

Yeah right. He didnt contact his son since he left Tokyo on month ago. Jun has to be either worried or angry about his disappearance.

Taehyung's thoughts stopped when he realized that the Alpha's hands stopped moving on his back.

Taehyung looked behind him "Alpha ?"

Kai was looking at his back, eyes darkening.

• 2 months later...

-46-

Taehyung watched the Alpha lean toward him feeling like this wasnt happening until he couldnt denie it anymore. Kai lips were on his and his hands went behind Taehyung's neck.

The kiss was hot fierce and deep, bruising Taehyung's lips already tender. When he let out a little whimper of hurt, the Alpha took a step back instantly stopping Taehyung from reaching for him.

It happened so fast that Taehyung wasnt sure it really happened. He started saying something when the Alpha came with a towel.

"Get up."

"I can definitely dry myself !" said Taehyung blushing furiously.

Kai frowned at him.

"Okay.." He got up the water fastly to take the towel. "Thank you."

"Get dressed quickly, the others are waiting for you upstairs. I hope you can tell me who is this man who saved you."

A man ? oh true, someone helped him with the ghoul. Taehyung followed him and watched the Alpha putting clothes on the bed.

Then he saw something that he didnt see before. Something was shining in one of his fingers.

A ring. The Apha was married.

The Alpha feeling his glance looked at him "What is it ?"

Taehyung gulped "You have a ring."

Kai looked at his finger "Yeah."

Yeah ? what the fuck.

"Want help to dress ?" Kai was already taking the pants in hands.

"Get out !" snapped Taehyung.

The Alphas's darkened breathing loudly before he left.

He was married. He was fucking married and kissed Taehyung.++

Minutes Later Taehyung went down the stairs and saw immediatly many person in the living room.

His eyes went to Jaeshin touching his stomach, his face white.

"Jaeshin, are you all right ?" asked Taehyung going toward him.

"Finally you are here, can we leave !" Jashin tried to get up but he grimaced and fell back on the sofa.

"Are you badly injured."

"No."

"Yes." said Cédric, Taeehyung looked at him "It doesnt stop bleeding and he doesnt let me take a look at it, he's so stubborn !"

"I don't need you to look at it, in a matter of hours it will not matters anymore." snapped Jaeshin at him.

Taehyung closed his eyes. In a matters of hours, Jaeshin would stay a ghost forever.

"Where is Ben ?" asked Taehyung.

Even the wolves looked sad "He was badly injured. Some of his bones are broke. He's sleeping right now."

Taehyung shook his head. What a day.

"You are here." constated the Alpha joigning them.

Taehyung glared a him.

The Alpha looked at him confused before asking 'Now do you know him ?" he pointed a finger behind Jaeshin.

Taehyung was surprised he didnt see him first. The man was absolutely gorgeous ! no that it was the moment to admire beauty but you coudnt denie he was absolutely worth the sight.

"I don't know him." answered Taehyung still looking at him quizzically.

"Are you sure ?" asked Kai taking a step more near Taehyung like protecting him.

Taehyung looked at the man again. He could find something familliar in him even thought he was sure he never saw him. He hair was gold like his eyes and tattoo and he was looking at Taehyung without expressions.

Taehyung took a step toward him the Alpha whispering in his ear "Be careful."

Taehyung shivered but still took a step toward to man. "I feel like i know you." he sais softly.

The man still didnt move following him with his eyes. That when Taehyung saw it.

The man had like holes in the flesh, like made by thornes.

He gasped "It can't be.." he went toward the man -oh so tall- and took his face in his hands.

"You know that guy ?" asked Jaeshin grimaçing at the pain.

Taehyung shook his head like confused "Amazing, how could Nikolai do that.." he turned toward the wolves who watched them warry "It's Ignis."

Jaeshin choked "WHAT ?!"

"Ignis ?" repeated Liam.

The man who Taehyung said was Ignis still looked into Taehyung's eyes.

"Who is he ?"

Taehyung look at the Alpha who was watching them closely. "It's.." should he say it ? "It's Nikolai's creation. A book."

Silence.

Liam tilted his eyes like when a dog doesnt understand "It's not a book."

Cédric gulped "A stronger Sorcerer can change the shape of everything. I suppose the book is alive thanks to his blood, that man he's a ..pet."

"And he took the shape of Nemesis." whispered Taehyung in awe "so this is how looked like the first Vampire."

Taehyung felt a pang of hurt knowing he would never meet the man. Nikolai talked about him like a friend.

"We should leave, if one of you could help me get up i would be very happy." said Jaeshing bored.

Ignis went immediatly toward Jaeshing and took him in his arms. Jaeshing shrieked.

"I didnt ask to be held like a princess, aouch !" he grimaced in pain when he tried to leave his arms.

"Sure, let's go." said Taehyung.

"Stay here to dinner."

Taehyung stopped walking toward the door "What ?"

"We have matters to discuss. Stay here one hour or two."

Taehyung bit his lips "I'm not sure it's a great idea." and he was very tired.

"When the Alpha tell you to come to dinner you don't say no." said a woman voice.

Taehyung turned toward the voice and froze.

She was what he supposed the Alpha's wife.

-47-

Taehyung sitting in front of the Alpha at the table tried to gather himself.

The man didnt seem to be affected by the turn of events or their kiss. It was as if nothing had happened. Devouring his juicy steak and ignoring Taehyung.

Krystal -the Alpha's wife- ignored him too taking each mouthful delicately.

Taehyung feel like being the third wheel here or rather the fifth.

There were two little girls eating beside him. Completely silent too, which was weird for their age.

They had to be 8 or 9 years old. Just like his son Jun.

Taehyung felt a bitter taste in his mouth even thought he didnt even eat. If he was married and had two kids, why exactly the Alpha kissed him ? to say thanks ? he swore that if it was the case he would punch him in the teeths, Alpha or not.

God he was reacting like Nikolai now.

"You dont like it ?"

Taehyung look up at the Alpha who was watching with an eyebrow raised. Taehyung breathed slowly before saying "Im not too hungry after all of what happened."

The Alpha nodded. "True. Seeing that young girl with her gut out would have been shocking for you."

Taehyung looked at the girls eating.

"Don't worry they have seen worse." said the Alpha following his eyes.

And that was normal ?

Something was wrong here. Taehyung couldnt shake the feelings that this familly had something going on.

"So, what do you think about what happened ?" asked the Alpha.

Taehyung to cut his steak while saying "I think it was the creature i saw in the night club the other night."

"You think or you are sure ?"

"I'm sure."

"That night were you really here to have fun ?" asked the Alpha out of the blue.

Taehyung frowned "I was searching clue about the serial killer, you know it now so why asking ?"

"Have respect." Taehyung turned toward the Alpha's wife who talked to him for the first since the dinner. Her voice was cold and his eyes icy. "You are in our house so you will do as he say."

"Learn you place women." said the Alpha in a even more cold voice.

The silence was so heavy that Taehyung tried to not gulp too loudly. Even the two girl stopped eating.

Something was really wrong.

Taehyung coughed "The.. the runes i want to take them home and show them to Nikolai, maybe he could tell us more about them. If you are okay Alpha."

Kai watched Taehyung then nodded. "My number is added in your new phone. Makes sure to call me."

"My new .. ?" Shit. Taehyung's phone touched the water. "You didnt have to give me another phone."

"You saved one of my wolves, this is the less i can do."

"But still..thank you."

The Alpha just grunted.

Taehyung took a piece of the steak and instantly moaned obscenely out loud.

The Alpha looked up instantly.

Which of course made Taehyung cough a lung.

The two girls giggled looking at him. And from what he was seeing in their eyes it was not because it was funny.

It looked like they were mocking him.

They wore an expression so mean while Krystal was ignoring him that Taehyung was taken aback. Frowning he watched his plate "I have to go." he said suddently.

Even thought he was feeling the Alpha's eyes on him, he didnt dare look back "I will take you home once you finish your plate."

"I'm not hungry." and he was not a child.

"Finish your plate." repeated the Alpha in a decided tone.

Taehyung gritted his teeth while eating.

• 2 weeks later...

-48-

You could say that being in a car alone with the Alpha was awkward.

Taehyung really tried to refuse his proposal to take him home but the Alpha shoot one glare at him and Taehyung nodded.

So much happened today. The attack,the kiss,Ignis...the Alpha's wife.

Taehyung clenched his teeths so hard that the Alpha glanced toward him.

"What is it ?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." answered Taehyung without looking at him.

Silence.

"I didnt think before kissing you. If this is why you are angry."

Taehyung almost choked on his salive turning toward Kai "You are married !"

"..Something like that."

Taehyung frowned "What ? isn't she your wife ?"

"She is."

"And theses two girls were yours right ?."

"Yes." answered the alpha looking at the road.

"Then how the bloody hell is it something like that !"

"She's still my wife and their mother but she's seeing someone else."

Oh shit, Taehyung immediatly calmed down "..Sorry ?" oh my God and the man she was seeing wasnt dead yet ?

"She need things. And i can't give them." he said it as a matter of fact.

It was going a little too detailed "Oh.." Taehyung tried to be nonchalant "she was into Bdsm ?"

Alpha this time looked sharply at him "What ?"

Oh my God "I didnt mean it like that ! she kinda look like that no-- i mean..i don't mind ! no wait--" he could feel his face going red.

The Alpha took a deep breath like was trying to control himself "She need someone who care for her."

"Oh..i understand you want to stay with her for the kids.."

"She stay because she's the Alpha's wife."

"But..you cared for her once.."

"No."

Silence.

Something was very wrong with this man. He was surprised the Alpha said so much about himself.

"I know this has nothing to do with me but..then why did you.."

"Our parents decided to marry us. I didn't mind."

Taehyung bit the inside of his left cheek looking at his jeans. "You are a surnatural creature so you must have a soul mate somewhere."

When he didnt have an answer Taehyung looked at him. The Alpha's face was white as sheet.

"Are you alright ?" asked Taehyung immediatly worried.

The Alpha gulped "I failed him."

"What ?" what did he mean ? who ?

Kai passed an hand on his face "i think i'm gonna sleep earlier tonight."

That was the last thing he said until he dropped Taehyung home.

-49-

When Taehyung was deposed in front of his house he already knew something was wrong.

Karl was in front of the gate like waiting for him.

Taehyung immediatly got out of the car and went toward Karl "What happened ?"

"Thanks God you are here, it's Nikolai he's.."

He stopped talking when he saw the Alpha coming toward them.

"Is there a problem ?" asked slowly the Alpha looking around the house.

Taehyung shook his head before saying "I don't know" he look at Karl "what about Nikolai ?"

"He's leaving Taehyung. Right now he's taking all his things."

"What ?!" leaving where ?!

Taehyung could hear the Alpha calling him but he went immediatly toward his house and froze.

The human's shadow on his porche was still here but the face was turned toward him.

Taehyung felt a shiver run down his spine and walked carefully aroung the shadow to enter the house.

There was blood on the floor and he didnt knew how but he could scent some magic in the air.

"What happened here." whispered Taehyung to himself.

"Nikolai had visit."

Taehyung looked at Jaeshin just beside him "Who ?"

Jaeshin shrugged. For a ghost he looked tired "Ask him."

"It reeks of Magic."

Taehyung jumped at the voice behind him, the Alpha had followed him.

"I don't want to disturb you Alpha you can l.."

"Let's find your cousin, if he has a problems i can help."

Taehyung shook his head " I don't think.."

He stopped talking when he saw Nikolai with Ignis -being a book again- going down the stairs. He stopped a nano second seeing Taehyung then went in the living room. Taehyung followed him frowning watching him pack a bag.

"What are doing ?" asked Taehyung.

Nikolai aswered without looking at him "I'm leaving."

"But why ? i mean, did something happen .."

Nikolai looked at him and snapped "He found me !"

Taehyung paled "Who, Zitao ?"

"Key !"

Taehyung covered his mouth "Holy shit. Your soul mate ?"

He didnt answer "I have to leave. I'm sorry to leave you like that.."

"But wait why do you have to leave, tell him you don't want him anymore !"

"You don't seem to understand Taehyung. He's the King of Fae, he will stop with just a no you think ? he's..he's not even sure i'm alive he think you are my reincarnation so i should leave before he come back."

"He came here in my house ?!"

"He was with that damn Fate. He said he was coming back later. I can't Taehyung, i can't let him know i'm here. If he know then Zitao will know too and he will try to kill both me and you."

"Why me ?" Taehyung stuttered. Then suddently the Alpha faced Nikolai placing Taehyung behind his back.

"Zitao you said ? isn't he the leader of the Vampires ? you are not Taehyung's cousin isnt that right ?"

Nikolai looked at him then at Taehyung " What the fuck is he doing here" he watched as the Alpha put himself between him and Taehyung "oh my god are you already dating ?"

Taehyung choked.

"Who are you." asked the Alpha again.

Nikolai put on a fake smile "I'm Nikolai Deucius, the ancestor of that man behind you."

Kai glanced at Taehyung then at Nikolai "I knew something was fishy with you. Then your name is not Nikolai Shit."

Silence.

Nikolai looked at Taehyung "Can i hit him ?"

Taehyung sighed "Alpha you should leave."

For the first time, Kai rolled his eyes "How to do you want me to leave if someone is trying to kill you and the King Of Fae search you."

Suddently Taehyung had an idea.

"Don't worry i know what to do."

Nikolai eyes brightened "Really ?"

Taehyung nodded "So you can go Alpha, i swear."

The Alpha studied him "It's not something dangerous right ?"

Taehyung bit the inside of his cheek "No more than what happened today."

Silence

"Was that supposed to be reassuring." asked Nikolai doubtfully.

The Alpha went toward the door "Then i see you tomorrow, good night."

"He's really leaving ?" choked Nikolai. Taehyung honnestly was shook too.

When they hear the car leave, Nikolai turned toward Taehyung "So ? what's your idea ?"

Taehyung gulped "You look better than this morning.

Nikolai licked his lips then looked at the window "Being near him helped me."

"So..you can use magic ?"

Nikolai looked at him "Yeah. What are thinking about ?"

Taehyung took a breath "It's time to meet Fate face-to-face."

• 2 weeks later...

-50-

"Are you sure Nikolai ?"

Nikolai finished drawing the circle and looked at Taehyung with a bored exression "I don't know, i do this since many decades so what d'you think about it mate ?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes "But do we have to do this in my garden ?!"

"The circle has to be in contact with earth."

"And him ?" Taehyung pointed Matthias,the neighbor sitting here watching them with pop corn. "Why is he here ?"

Nikolai looked at Matthias near the bushes " Because he's watching us from his window day and night waiting for something like that to happen."

Silence.

"But that's creepy." said Taehyung in aloof voice.

Nikolai just shrugged, Matthias didnt look upset.

"So..how do we have to call him ?"

"I don't know" answered Nikolai, before Taehyung could get angry he continued "since i'm here he should have know i'm back, he usually like to get me mad so i don't understand why he's doing like he doesnt know i'm still alive. Something's wrong."

"Maybe he doesnt really know ?" said Taehyung.

"How could he not he's Fate."

"Just.. try something."

"Hey."

They turned toward Matthias.

"Do something that isnt written in your destiny maybe he will..come to see what's wrong."

Nikolai pointed at Matthias "Not bad !"

"But doing what exactly ?" asked Taehyung.

"That." Nikolai raised a hand to the sky and snowflakes immediately fell into the garden.

"What .." Taehyung looked at the snow while Matthias was shaking in his short.

Nikolai smiled "If this doesnt call him.."

"WHO IS DESTROYING MY FLOWERS !"

Everyone jumped when a cute twink looked toward them with an angry expresssion in the middle of the circle.

It was Fate.