To Provide and Protect (18+)(Private)(YellowMelon and StainedCrimson)

YellowMelon

fovic.png

5'11" | Toned

Lightly tanned | Rosy lips

Uneven ash brown hair | Cuts his own hair

Amber eyes | Naturally thick eyelashes

Wears scarves to cover a scar across his neck

Name: Takara Stone

When Takara was younger and his parents constantly traveled for business, he was left alone to care for the house by himself. His parents trust him because he always takes responsibility for what he does, although he can be a little too self-reliant. Whenever something goes wrong, he doesn't call anyone to help fix his mistake. He is determined to fix it himself, no matter how long it takes. With his parents still traveling and he still living in their house, Takara became a freelance writer to pay for daily expenses. As a freelance writer, he writes articles for magazines that review a certain product or he's in charge of doing an interview. Sometimes, he might write a page of fiction or a poem, but nothing more than that. Besides being a freelancer, he has many other jobs, both part-time and one-time jobs.

With his busy schedule, Takara is, surprisingly, unorganized. He has never been late to work before, but he is always losing something and his house has papers scattered everywhere. Even though he appears to be calm, he is a mess on the inside. It's only at home that he shows how much of a wreck he is. Because he lives alone, Takara can come off as rude, since he doesn't interact with anyone when cooped up in his house. He isn't afraid of voicing his opinions, but he can do it without thinking, which is why he has only a few friends who can put up with him. At the same time, he can sugarcoat his words when giving compliments, so no one really knows when he's telling the truth or lying. When he spends a lot of time with someone, though, it becomes easier to understand him.

Takara did not want to do this. He had never been interested in rock climbing and he didn’t want to die doing something he disliked. However, he knew he had no choice. There was a reason why he was brought here or, more accurately, forced here. He had to find a protector because it was his duty to, according to his family. Some protectors were inherited, but Takara would not be given such a gift by his parents. They wanted him to form a bond with a new dragon and to take on the responsibility of finding one for himself. Since it was required of him to present a gift to the dragon of his choice, he filled a glass jar with marbles and brought it with him. From what he saw, he was the only one who carried glass marbles, and he was the only one whose gift didn’t seem to be outrageously expensive. Takara couldn’t afford jewelry or gemstones, which mostly everyone else had brought, which was why he had to use marbles out of his collection. Even the few who carried bouquets spent more money on their flowers than his marbles.

Without protective gear, Takara was ready to climb the cliff. He didn’t have the money or the use for rock climbing equipment, which was why he had none to begin with and none on him at present. It was his responsibility to provide his own equipment if he wanted a dragon near the top of the cliff. It would be crazy for him to try for a high-ranking dragon since he didn’t have the proper equipment, which was why he could settle for a low-ranking protector. Unlike his companions who wanted to aim for the best of the best, Takara wasn’t as motivated. First of all, he didn’t want to be here and, secondly, he would only attempt to climb the cliff to make somewhat of an impression on the dragons watching him. He didn’t really care what they thought of him, but not climbing would make his chances of getting a protector a definite zero. If he didn’t come home with a protector, he wanted to tell his parents that he, at least, tried and not have it be a lie.

Takara began pushing himself up the rock wall, all the while trying to hold onto his glass jar. It didn’t help that he hadn’t brought a bag or some sort of backpack, either, but maybe his obvious struggle would impress the dragons more. His first destination was a ledge that was part of unmarked dragon territory. Pulling his body onto the ledge, he crawled to the tip of the overhang, stood up, and let out a long sigh. He really did not want to be here. Looking down, he saw no one below him, but, looking up, he could see several people already presenting their gifts. There were also some climbers who were climbing to the top of the cliff. Just by looking at them, Takara knew he wasn’t going to be one of them. In fact, he was done climbing. He was happy being at this ledge and accepting any dragon that may come his way.

Takara moved closer to the center of the ledge and faced toward the ocean as if waiting for something to happen. The ledge he was on was completely absent of dragon. What the human didn’t know was that the ledge he chose to be on didn’t belong to dragons of any rank. It was a simple resting place for any who wanted to overlook the ocean and, perhaps, do some fishing or napping. It was lower on the cliff than the ledge that marked the lower ranks. Takara didn’t want to wait long for a dragon, but he didn’t want to abandon his spot too soon. He would wait until everyone found, or didn’t find, a protector. He, himself, expected, and wanted, to return empty-handed.

Takara stayed silent and tossed his gift between his hands as a way to distract himself. He was doing well keeping quiet until his jar came crashing down onto the rock surface of the ledge. The sound of glass shattering was covered by the sound of the ocean, but Takara was still frantic. The contents of the glass jar were rolling everywhere. His marbles were disappearing off the ledge. Half were going into the ocean and the other half were rolling down the cliff onto the beach. Takara tried to collect as many marbles as he could, but his attempts were futile. Unintentionally, he helped to kick some off the ledge as he chased others, and it didn’t help that they kept rolling. “Why am I even here?” Takara groaned out of frustration, returning to where his jar had shattered and playing with the large broken pieces to distract himself. “I'm not going to bond with a protector,” he admitted, “But what do I do, now, if I meet one? Should I give the gift of myself?” That was, really, the only thing he could offer. “Even I find that to be a poor gift."

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StainedCrimson

• YellowMelon

9beaa723de9a0a38e5d2841f60470976.jpg

Name: Acacius

Coloring: Albino

Human form: Unknown

Acacius was the first, and to this day, only albino dragon born. Or at least that is so amongst his Clan, but even the older dragons have not heard of such a dragon being born except in legends or myths of some far off time. Despite his unique coloring and skills, he has flourished and not struggled for standing or survival once he left his parents. By choice of his own he has chosen to have his den somewhat concealed and apart from the others so as to avoid having humans try to tempt him into being their Protector.

This has worked as, despite sightings of him when he was little and still by his mother's side, none of have seen him since and so even amongst humans he has become a thing of rumor. Even that rumor, he supposes, must have faded as he hasn't heard whispers from the humans coming to his Clan of a white dragon. He has earned quite some standing, though by no means is at the top of the cliffs. Still, his den is above middle ranking despite it being on the sheerest side of the cliffs overlooking the ocean.

Swimming effortlessly in the currents near the cliffs, snapping at a fish now and then to swallow it down as a snack, he wonders if the humans on this outing were gone yet. It has become tiresome to either spend the day in his cave or out in the ocean to avoid the tedious little pests. Despite the fact that he has lain with a few female dragons and had offspring, none have gotten his coloring and most are still too young to be approached yet. With a grin of amusement he remembers how quite a few of his little younglings have inherited his attitude about humans, huffing and posturing at the little meat sticks when they come too close.

Shifting he brings himself near the lounge cliff as he wants to sun himself while napping off his snack. However, he jolts back when several items bump his head. Holding out a clawed paw, he watches with interest as shiny little glass balls settle in it. Looking around he notices several others and quickly gathers them up. With the next incoming wave he launches up and hangs on the side of the ledge, except the one holding the items he's come across, and is surprised to see a human there with more and catches the last words out of his mouth.

Leaning down, he shifts his head so one large red eye is in front of the human and looks him over before pulling back. Arching his head back to his full height, he gives the other another look over as if appraising him. Humans typically offer dragons what they think they want. Treasure of the variety that comes in gems, gold, silver, and the like. Few realize that dragons are collectors of all things of beauty and knowledge, or that there are individual tastes among his kind much like there is from human to human.

I accept. Acacius had not intended to ever make himself a Protector of a human, but this one has intrigued him with the little glass balls and offer of himself. Leaning down once more, he raises the paw with the marbles and extends one claw to touch the skin right above the fabric around the human's neck. A small burst of light appears then fades as his mark is left upon the other to signal his bond with the human. Straightening again he tilts his head much like a cat. My name is Acacius. What is yours Provider? He rumbles even though no movement from his mouth to signal the large dragon is speaking.

The broken glass was crushed under his body weight as Takara fell on the pieces. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. The creature in front of him had to be a result of his imagination. There was no way a dragon would come to him, especially not one of this color. Since he had never seen an albino dragon and, much less, heard of one, the only reasonable explanation was that his brain was playing tricks on him. Maybe he was hallucinating because he was doing something he had never done before. With this thought in mind, Takara squeezed his eyes shut and hid his face behind his hands. When he opened his eyes, he expected the dragon to be gone, but, despite his silent wishes, the large mass was still there.

The human kneeled frozen in his spot. He wasn't frozen out of fear, but out of disbelief. He wanted to reach out and touch the dragon, but he knew that would be reckless behavior. He didn't want to do anything that could make the dragon angry at him. He had to be careful with his words and his actions. What he really wanted to know was why this dragon would appear to him. Had he disturbed him in some way? Perhaps he had heard his jar shatter and wanted to investigate where the noise was coming from. His investigation had to lead him to Takara because he was the cause of the disturbance. However, he was prepared to apologize for the noise when the dragon began to communicate with him.

This telepathic communication stopped any words that were about to come from his mouth. What shocked him even more were the marbles the dragon had in his paw. There was no mistaking that they were his marbles. Still, Takara couldn't understand why the albino would bother to collect the glass beads. The brunette flinched when the dragon touched him with his claw. He expected the nail to cut him. Instead, there was a flash of light and no pain. Takara felt the place where the dragon had removed his touch and wondered what it had done to him. From what he could feel, there was no damage to the skin and no blood. Blind to the fact that the dragon had put his mark on him, Takara pulled up his scarf and covered it with the red silk.

What finally broke his ignorance, though, was being referred to as "Provider." With that one word, he connected the dots and was able to see the whole picture. "You can't!" Takara gasped, coming to the sudden realization of what was happening, and forgetting to state his name. He had come out here for a Protector, but he wasn't ready for one. He didn't know anything about dragons or being a Provider. "Those marbles," he began to explain himself, "Weren't meant for you." Well, they were meant for anyone, but, after they had rolled away on him, he didn't expect them to be a suitable gift for a dragon. "Also, I didn't expect anyone to be listening to me or to take me seriously when I offered myself as a gift."

Takara went from kneeling to standing and, again, looked up and down the cliff to see the progress of the other climbers. Most of them had already found a Protector, one climber had become unsuccessful, and several looked as though they were about to make it to the top but had decided to take a break. Now was the perfect time for him to make the excuse that he had to go. "I should go. I need to leave with the other climbers or they'll leave me behind." Takara carefully stepped away from Acacius until he was pressed against the cliff. "You can keep those marbles, but don't consider them a gift from me." Even with his body against the rocks, he couldn't take his eyes off the dragon. He wouldn't attempt to ascend the cliff until he was certain the dragon was gone. "I'm not against having you as my Protector, but, trust me, you don't want me as a Provider." He was being honest.

Acacius watches bemused as the human squeezes his eyes shut then opens them again. The whole thing is quite amusing as the human is obviously in disbelief at his appearance. Rightly so, as he's never approached a human on his own before and most dragons expect the humans to come to them. He tilts his head in thought. Although, humans aren't usually sitting on a resting ledge either.

When the human finally gathers himself enough to speak to tell him, a dragon, that he can't do something he snorts. Some smoke and a bit of flame come out, but not enough to really get near the fragile creature before him. Can't? You are telling a dragon what it cannot do? He asks with another snort. At the feeble excuse the other makes he glances at the other humans still attempting to climb. They will be lucky to get a dragon that high up or further.

Most are in the midst of raising young.

Deciding he's had enough of clinging to the side of the ledge, he moves forward until fully on the ledge to lay down and is not at all bothered by crowding the human. It is too late for me to choose another Provider. I have heard and accepted your gift. I am now bound to you. Really, shouldn't the other know this? Perhaps the humans are even less intelligent than dragons thought.

Yawning, he then continues. Regardless of what you think of being a Provider, you are one now. I do suggest you come to terms with it. With that he deftly snatches the rest of the marbles then takes off to put them in his cave. Even if the human tries to run away the mark allows Acacius to find him. Flying up and around the back of the cliffs where the few humans are still climbing, he enters his cave and goes to one of the smaller caverns in the back to tuck away the glass beads.

Satisfied that they are safely tucked away, he goes back out to see if the human is still on the ledge. If not then he'll just find him and follow him to the place that will soon be his new home. It will help with moving his treasure if he only has to make the trip once after all. That thought in mind Acacius leaves his cave to look for the entertaining human.

Takara found it hard to believe that it was too late for the dragon to find another Provider. However, since he didn’t know much about being a Provider and what the rules were, he didn’t bother asking Acacius if he was lying or not. Plus, he didn’t have the chance to ask before he flew away. With his eyes glued on the beast, he finally relaxed when he could no longer see him. He knew he would return, but he didn’t want to be on the ledge when he did, which was why Takara started descending the cliff. He did this recklessly, determined to leave before he saw the dragon again, and, with one misstep, found himself sliding against the rock wall before hitting the sandy ground. However, he didn’t fall far since he was only several feet from reaching the ground already.

At the bottom of the cliff, Takara met with the other humans. “Ready to leave?” He asked, with no hint of what had happened to him. Besides him and two other climbers, everyone else had found a Protector, and they weren’t afraid of showing off where they had been marked. No one had won over a high-ranking dragon, though, which didn’t surprise Takara. If what Acacius had said was right, and he would know, anyone who got to the top would find themselves competing with protective mothers. Eyeing the bonds of the new Providers, Takara, unconsciously, fixed his scarf. He didn’t want anyone to know that he had bonded with a dragon, especially since he had been against it to begin with. If they found out that he was an albino, too, he was certain they would want to see him and he didn’t want to call for that dragon now.

Once in the city, the Providers and their Protectors were mobbed. It was always a time to celebrate when the travelers returned home successful. Even the few who were unsuccessful were objects of celebration because they had come home safely. Despite the many reasons to celebrate, Takara didn’t like the overcrowding and pushed his way through the mob. Free from the restraints of the people around him, he managed to escape to the comfort of his home with only one thing on his mind as soon as he entered his house. Letting the door close behind him, unlocked, he shot into the bathroom and stared at the rectangular mirror above the sink. He hesitated to remove the scarf, uncertain, yet fully knowing, what he would see. Slowly, he unwrapped the silk, watching his reflection, until the scarf hung open around his neck. There it was. Takara poked at the marking directly above his long scar. He almost wished he had kept the bond hidden from himself, then he wouldn't have to see that he was a Provider.

His quiet shock was broken by the ringing of his cell phone, which he had left in the living room. Takara exited the bathroom to pick up the call on his phone. "Takara speaking," he spoke into the device, not bothering to check who the caller was, "I just got back." It was his mother. He had told her that he was going out with a group to try to find a Protector and she wanted to know the results. He never gave her the time he would be back, but she was always accurate when estimating time. "I don't have one," he lied as he touched his neck, "Marbles." Having to listen to his mom about how cheap of a gift that was, Takara switched the color of his scarf as he held the phone against his ear. He pulled off the red and exchanged it with a solid black. This would guarantee that his bond was completely hidden. "Yeah, I'll try again with a better gift." While he finished wrapping the fabric around his neck, he made his way to the door, planning to go out again. "Don't worry, mom, I'll get a Protector." He reassured her as he stepped outside, locking the door behind him. "No, no, I'm positive I'll find a Protector." Takara stayed outside his house, thinking of the best route to take to avoid the still ongoing celebration, as his mother talked.

Acacius snorted when he finds he was right and his little Provider was not where he'd been left. Barely restraining from rolling his eyes, he continues to fly following the direction his mark on the human leads him. He catches up easily and soon, but stays high enough to stay out of sight. Once the humans reach the city he notices with amusement how his human fights his way out of the welcoming party.

Rumbling to himself he lazily circles around while continuing to follow the runaway Provider to his abode. Noting the location he turns and flies swiftly back to his lair where he gathers up his, by no means small, hoard before flying back to the city. Upon his return, an idea comes to him as Acacius spots his troublesome Provider on the streets. Grinning, which to most would seem terrifying due to the amount of teeth shown, he decides to make some trouble for the human who was so rude as to not even give his name before running away from his Protector.

With an amused bellow, he tucks his wings in to dive down. At the last moment they snap out and he glides to a stop before the other, admittedly cramped in the city streets which were not really made with dragons in mind, he leans down to shove his snout in the human's face to tap him lightly in the chest. Provider. He rumbles before straightening slightly so the other can see his face a bit easier, the amusement the dragon is feeling is clearly evident even in his tone. Did you really think that you could run and hide from me?

At this point he wouldn't be surprised if they'd drawn a crowd as he'd purposefully been anything but subtle on his arrival. Not to mention that having bits of dragon appearing over or on buildings would catch the attention of most. Shifting to try and make himself more comfortable until he decides to go to his Provider's den, he watches to see what the other will do. Should the other try to run or deny him again then he supposes that perhaps he'll just have to snatch his Provider up and hide him away until he caves in.

Knowing that Acacius was hurling himself at him didn't make Takara want him any more than he already did, which wasn't at all. It only made him confident that he wanted to get rid of him. Now, he was completely set on finding a way to break his bond. With the dragon in front of him and a crowd gathering around them, Takara stared at the other in silence. He was sure Acacius knew what he had done wrong, at least, in the eyes of his Provider, but he also knew that he had hurled himself at him on purpose. There was no way it could have been by accident or simply because he wanted to entertain the crowd. No, he had specifically done it because of what the human had done.

Acacius couldn't have seriously expected him to wait on that ledge after he had left. Takara took his leaving as an invitation for him to leave too, which was why he had so easily done it. If he was really worried about him going, he would have stayed. Keeping his treasure safe was more important than keeping an eye on his Provider, so why even have one? Simply because the dragon had met him and had accepted his gift didn't mean he had to bond with him. That was how Takara viewed it anyway, but his views, usually, didn't match with the rules. All he knew was Acacius had followed him to the city and was now waiting for him to do something.

Unless he voiced to him what he wanted him to do, Takara wasn't going to freely offer to do anything for him. He didn't want the dragon to think that he actually welcomed him here. Acacius had enough fun falling from the sky to catch his attention and he still had somewhere to go. He couldn't be having a staring contest while waiting to be ordered around because that would waste his day.

The longer Takara stood at his spot, the more he wanted to demand the creature to leave. Neither Acacius nor the crowd had moved and he didn't like being stuck. He could go around the dragon or even under him where he could see an opening to the other side, but he didn't want to provoke Acacius to do anything he didn't want him to do. He was already close enough to him and he didn't need to be caught by him. "I have places to go," Takara whispered, not wanting the crowd to hear what he was saying, "And I don't think you'll be comfortable staying in the street. The audience around you may not mind having you in the city, and I'm sure they want to pamper you, but this is no place for someone of your size." Even if Acacius was smaller Takara would use the same excuse to persuade him to leave.

"You can't call me Provider. I don't need anyone to think that I am one because, as it is, they don't think I'm capable of being one." Since he had gone without having a Protector for so long, there were many people in the city who didn't think he would ever get one and, if they knew what had happened on the cliff, they would surely tease him for being inexperienced. By now, it would be hard to deny that the white dragon wasn't his Protector, but Takara would still try, even if it made him look foolish.

Acacius lets out a low rumbling laugh. I may call you my Provider, but you are the one who announced it out loud that I did so to your people. He moves his head slightly to indicate the crowd around them. You are the only one I am talking with Provider. They do not hear me. Most who seek a Protector knows that unless the dragon wills it only their chosen or accepted Provider will be spoken to. He tilts his head as a thought occurs to him. Of course, most also meet their dragons in their den where the gift and Provider are safe.

Obviously their meeting had not been typical and so a little deviation was to be expected. Had he known that his human was going to run and not expect to be chased, or know to stay put until their bond was completed, Acacius would have taken his Provider with him to his den at the same time. Amused that the other seems so ignorant and in denial, he decides to give his little human some reprieve. Where is it you are headed? It is true that this land of yours is not equipped for a dragon, but I will make do during my time here.

Though he is getting a bit cramped. The growing crowd is also starting to hedge him in, though most seem to stay back he still flicks his tail to get those creeping in to move back some. Feeling his amusement fade to annoyance, he does what he did earlier when he went to put his gift away as a sign of his acceptance, he picks the human up in one clawed paw while spreading his wings. Seeing his intent, the humans either scramble back or stare in awe as Acacius takes to the sky.

Glancing down at the small figure in his grasp, though careful to hold the other just enough to make sure he is in no danger of falling, he watches with some minor interest. I suppose I should have asked first but... Are you alright with heights? He stays low enough to have the details of the city easily viewable for his Provider, but high enough to easily drift on the air currents. Acacius gives another low hum as he remembers why he picked up the human. Ah yes, where are you going? I will take you there.

Once a location is given, and he is directed, he looks for a suitable place to land. Finding one he lands then sets the human down carefully on his feet. Now then, I can hardly leave my interesting Provider unprotected, so I suppose I shall have to attempt a change. He tosses his head back with a huff. While uncertain how successful he will be without a complete bond, he focuses and soon his form wavers. Almost as quickly as his body became indistinct, it seems to shrink and then comes back into focus as an almost willowy androgynous albino human.

Well, except that his unclothed form allows for a very clear view of just how male Acacius is. That said he still has some draconian traits such as his wings and some scaling on his arms and legs focusing around the hands and feet. His eyes open to reveal the still very red orbs, but they seem a bit dazed as he wobbles slightly as though disoriented.

2f47be20bf5eccfdec2a8ffcd7043b8b.jpg

Takara was absolutely mortified. He should have known. He should have done more research before going with the group to find a Protector. He should have been better prepared, in case something like this happened. Now, his embarrassment overcame his anger and he couldn't look at the dragon without feeling absolutely inferior. He never thought himself to be above Acacius, but he didn't like feeling powerless against him. He was making him feel as if he knew nothing and, even though he knew he wasn't knowledgeable about the typical Provide-Protector relationship, he didn't want to admit it.

With the crowd getting closer, yet careful not to get too close, and the dragon still in his presence, Takara blindly felt for the doorknob to his house. After finding the knob, he planned to take out his keys, unlock the door, and dash through the entrance. He would, then, stay in his house as long as he had to until the crowd disappeared and the dragon was gone. Although he knew his plan wasn't perfect, and the dragon would be able to last longer than he could without food or drink, his main goal was to escape. He wanted to escape from the crowd, mostly, because of his embarrassment.

When Acacius reached for him, Takara tried to sidestep his attack. However, he was too slow and found himself being shot up into the air. He felt like he was on a roller coaster, except it was much more terrifying, even without the sudden turns and steep slopes. He didn't know how secure he was in Acacius's grip, but he trusted him. Since he was already in his hold and flying through the sky, he really had no choice in the matter anyway. He had to trust him. He could only hope that, if he was dropped, his death would be immediate. He didn't want to break a body part, or parts, and be kept alive. Although, from the height he was at now, it wasn't likely the fall would kill him, which meant he really had to trust in Acacius to not be dropped.

Heights...The question echoed in his mind as he looked at the buildings underneath him. He wasn't afraid of heights, but he certainly didn't like being grabbed and lifted into the air. He didn't like being forced on a roller coaster, especially if he had never been on the roller coaster before. With the next question, Takara began to anticipate his landing, seeing his destination coming close. "Library," he rushed out in respnse and squeezed his eyes shut. He expected his descent to be similar to that of a roller coaster with the sinking feeling in his stomach. After Acacius placed Takara on his feet, he blindly lowered himself to the ground. Once confident that he felt a solid surface beneath him, the human opened his eyes and let out a huge sigh of relief.

Takara rose from the cement pavement in time to witness Acacius transform. He watched with both genuine surprise and interest. He knew that dragons could take on human forms, but he wasn't prepared to see him naked. Although it made sense because he didn't wear clothes as a dragon, he now wished that Acacius had stayed in his original form, no matter how much attention he would have drawn. It wasn't his first time seeing a naked man, but the library was no place for public nudity. "You一" He cut himself off as he eyed his bare skin, trying to think of some way to, at least partially, cover him up, "You have to hide your front." Without pointing or saying what part of his body region, Takara steadied the dragon by leaning his own body against the taller man and holding both sides of his arms, while blocking his front.

The shorter individual awkwardly kept a little gap between their lower bodies, not wanting too much skin-to-skin contact. He wasn't a germaphobe, but he didn't want anyone who was passing by to think they were going to do something indecent. When Acacius could balance himself alone, Takara let him go and lightly tugged at the end of his left wing. "If your wings can wrap around you, cover yourself with them." That was his final demand before he walked away from his Protector and into the library.

"Do you have any books about Providers and Protectors?" He asked one of the librarians at the entrance. When she wondered if he was looking for any book in particular he shook his head and was brought to that section. Simply by looking at the shelves, Takara could tell that there weren't any books on how to get rid of a Protector, which meant he had to search for something different. The first book he found was about the responsibilities of a Provider, the second on why humans need Protectors, and the third, which he got from another section, was how to care for a cat. Since he couldn't find anything on how to care for a Protector, he went with his next best option of looking at pet care books. "I see him as a cat, but maybe he's more of a bird?" Takara spoke to himself as he read in the aisle.

Acacius is mildly amused and annoyed that his Protector has to help him balance, even though it is only for a few short moments. Having never been in a form other than his natural one, he was not prepared for the bout of dizziness to hit him nor the sense of oddness at standing on two feet and being so... Small. He gazes around taking in everything and almost seems displeased, but huffs slightly as he shifts and tries to find his balance while having wings but no tail.

At the other's tugging on his wing and comment of his front, he lets out a laugh. His voice is bit rough and still rumbles, but overall is pleasant to the ears. "This concept of indecency is completely human and pointless, but I shall respect your sensibilities Provider." He retorts with a grin while shifting his wings to do as the other suggested despite it leaving his back nearly entirely exposed. The change does cause him to nearly unbalance again, but Acacius manages before it becomes too noticeable. After watching his Provider walk a few steps, Acacius begins to follow by imitating the other though with his wings covering his front his arm movement is stifled making it even more awkward for the albino to try his first steps.

This of course nearly causes him to face plant except for his use of wings to help him stay upright until he regains his balance. With a frown he begins once again but uses his wings to help him balance which, once more, leaves his front exposed. After a few steps he finds a rhythm before facing his next challenge. Doors. With a low growl and a scowl, he begins his efforts of getting in without hitting or catching his wings on the door jams. Thankfully one of the librarians notice his struggles and quickly comes over to help him.

After he is in the building, wings tucked tightly against his back protectively, he nods his thanks before heading off in the direction of Provider. As he spots the other he catches the spoken question upon reaching the human male. "Neither would be correct or helpful." He answers coming to a stop. With a faint grin he tilts his head. "Perhaps it would be better to ask "him" directly or ask someone who has experience as a Provider." Acacius suggests with a hint of laughter and soft reproach in his voice. Books can only tell so much, and nothing of individuals unless biographies or interviews.

Still, as a thought comes to him, he frowns. "Do your people having nothing on dragons despite the relationship you share with my kind?" That is a bit troubling and confusing to him if the case. Or perhaps they only teach about dragons in school? That is what the humans call when they go to learn he is certain.

Takara returned his book to the shelf when Acacius approached him. He didn't know what other pets he was comparable to if he wasn't a cat or a bird. He thought the dragon to be like a cat because he always wanted a pet cat and like a bird because of his wings. With neither being correct, he was, honestly, a little disappointed. Having a cat or a bird as a pet would have made him happy, even though Acacius was nothing like them. As it is, he couldn't have a pet because his house wasn't clean enough for one. He had a lot of important papers scattered around the rooms and he didn't want any of those papers to be ripped up or mistakenly eaten. He could have a caged animal or fish, but he wanted a pet with more excitement.

His best bet now was to ask Acacius how he should care for him. His second option, to ask an experienced Provider, was something he didn't want to do. He wanted to care for the Protector himself, not depend on someone else to tell him how to. Even if he didn't want the dragon as his Protector, he still felt responsible for him. He wasn't going to give Acacius away or abandon him. With the albino following him, Takara had to accept him. The first thing he could do to show that he was putting in some effort for his Protector was research, which was why he had decided to go to the library to begin with. He was in here for him, even though he would never admit it.

Holding the two books that he had in his hands close to his chest, Takara moved down the aisle. This time, instead of rushing ahead of Acacius, he slowed his pace, allowing the dragon to follow close behind him. Whether he did this because he was still trying to hide his naked form or because he was letting Acacius get closer to him was unknown. In his silence, Takara was debating if he should ask the dragon for help and, with an abrupt stop at the end of the aisle, he then took a small step back to lean against his Protector. "What am I supposed to do with you?" He suddenly asked, a question that had been his mind for a long time, ever since he had been on that ledge and came face-to-face with the albino. He hadn't even spent a full day with him, but he was clearly overwhelmed with the new responsibility of having a Protector. He still had so much to learn.

Takara stayed like this for a quick moment before returning to his original self and pulling a book from the shelf on his right. "Here," he flashed the cover at Acacius and opened to a random page, "We don't have many informational books on dragons from what I've seen, but there's a lot of children's books." The one he was looking at was supposedly about Acacius, or the White Dragon as the book called him. It was somewhat of an old picture book, and Takara had never bothered to look at it until now, but maybe it had some useful information, even if it was for kids. "This is you," he pointed to a cartoon-looking small-sized white dragon, "And the next page has facts about you." Flipping the page, Takara couln't hide the smile that flashed across his face. "You like diamonds and pearls, your favorite color is white, and you live in the clouds." On the bottom of the page was an illustration of the White Dragon sleeping on a cloud. "This is part of a series too." Takara looked back at the shelf and pointed to the other books.

"You come after the Red Dragon and before the Black Dragon." Though he knew the White Dragon was for children, he added it to his stack. "There isn't a need for writers to write about dragons since we do form relationships with them. Anyone who has a Protector could write about a dragon, and there are plenty of books out there already about Providers and Protectors." However, Takara wasn't looking for such books. He wanted generalized information, not about certain people and dragons. "I'll just have to do more research elsewhere." There had to be plenty of other information online. Plus, as Acacius mentioned, he could always ask him. Now, ready to check out with his three books, Takara headed towards the front desk. "Tell me, what kind of pet are you?" He, indirectly, was asking for help in a casual manner.

Acacius frowns slightly as his Provider puts the book away, disappointment evident. His Provider would prefer a simple animal to him? A dragon? He ignores the bit of hurt that thought causes, that he would be passed over for something like a cat, and follows the other as he begins to move into another part of the library. As they move, he looks around and takes in the sight and smell of all the books which eases his growing tension. This was a sort of hoard all its own, and while not something that overly appeals to his tastes, it is still one he can admire.

When his Protector suddenly stops and leans back against him, Acacius blinks in surprise even as his hands lightly rest on the human's hips to help steady them both. He enjoys the bit of contact for the difference in sensations between this form and his dragon one. At the question, he tilts his head and debates if the human is really looking for answer. "That is up to you Provider." Acacius will protect everything regarding his human and his interests. Physical protection is what most think of when it comes to dragons, but that is not all they protect. Or at least, it is not all that Acacius intends on protecting.

He frowns slightly when his Provider walks away and the bit of extra warmth from their bodily contact fades with it. He snorts and lifts his nose in the air. "Well, I suppose they have the diamonds and pearls part right, but I like many jewels and precious things not just those. As for the color white, it would be in poor taste if I didn't at least like my own coloring would it not?" He spreads his arms and wings out, as much as possible between the shelves, as if inviting the other to look him over while showing off his skin tone. He then sniffs derisively at the clouds bit. "As for clouds they tends to be a bit too wet and cold for sleeping on." This is, of course, a bit of a joke as while he can fly and has magic that magic doesn't allow him to make clouds solid enough to sleep or live on.

Acacius gives a rumble before sniffing derisively once more. "How shortsighted. Just because your kind have a relationship with mine does not mean that they should not endeavor to try to understand our culture as well. Simply knowing about an individual does not mean one knows anything about the species as a whole." He nods in approval of his human's comment about searching elsewhere. "Searching for knowledge is good, but remember that even that information may be incomplete, incorrect, or have been altered in some fashion."

He trails after his Provider as they head back to the front. At the question, he tilts his head with a grin. "I wouldn't say I'm much of a pet. More like one of your wild exotic beasts like a tiger, shark, or perhaps an eagle if you wished to compare me to something you know." He teases lightly before looking up in thought. "I like things that are beautiful and precious, but that doesn't limit my tastes to gems and coins. Scrolls, books, and even carvings or artwork are things I enjoy if we're talking about items."

He pauses for a moment before adding a little bit more. "I enjoy laying in the sun after a good swim or flight, and I quite enjoy the taste of roasted pig and fresh fish." Glancing over at his provider he decides to give a little nudge of his own. "And shall I continue to call you 'Provider' Provider?" He is curious about the other and a name is a place to start, though he intends to be quite nosy once they get to the other's home.

The only thing Takara could picture Acacius transforming into, if he wasn't already a dragon, was a bird. He didn't know the exact species of bird, but he took both his color and interests into consideration. Him saying that he liked beautiful and precious things made him think of a swan, in addition to how the dragon had an elegance about him because of his wings. He didn't know how romantic he was, though, since swans were associated with love, but he considered that a minor difference. To him, Acacius was half swan in his human form and a gigantic swan in his dragon form. "I think," he spoke slowly in thought, "You would make a very pretty pet."*

Despite what his statement may have hinted, he had been listening to Acacius the entire time. He had heard everything he said, even the subtle question for his name, and took special note of the things he liked and enjoyed. Since he had a habit of forgetting things, he intended to write down a list when he got home. "The only way you'll get my name is if you make me say it." Knowing that the other wanted to hear his name, Takara, purposefully, didn't give it to him. He didn't mind being called "Provider," but he expected Acacius to be bothered by it. It's not like he disliked his name or thought that it wasn't important, but this was a small act of defiance for all the times he was embarrassed. He was still angry at the dragon for landing in the city, picking him up without his permission, and his full-frontal nudity.*

At the front desk, Takara handed his three books and library card to the librarian. While she scanned his books, he noticed her attention was neither on him or what she was doing. She was looking at Acacius, blankly staring at him as though she had never seen a man with wings and scales before. Anyone could tell he was a dragon in human form, and his nudity was something extra she admired. When the receipt printed out, she slowly teared it from the machine and handed Takara his belongings. "Thank you," he whispered, almost afraid to awaken the girl from her fantasies. With a turn of his heels, the Provider rushed out of the library and brought his Protector with him by grabbing onto one of his wings.*

"I'm walking home," Takara stated as he let the wing slip from his hold once he was outside, "You can walk with me or you can fly, but I'm not going with you if you choose to fly." Originally, the human had planned to walk to the library because it was only ten minutes from his house, give or take a few minutes depending on how fast he walked. Even though flying cut down that time and saved energy, he didn't want to repeat the feeling of being lifted into the air and brought down to the ground. Plus, he didn't mind walking. He frequently walked to places around his house because that was how he exercised. He wasn't an athletic person, mostly staying indoors, but he did stay in shape.

Before heading for him, though, there was another thing he had to do with Acacius. Without saying a word, Takara moved away and created a large gap between him and the dragon. "You need clothes," Takara mentioned as his eyes scanned the naked figure in front of him, "But what would you wear?" More importantly, how would he wear them? Taking this time to fully inspect the human body, he began to circle around the other before closing the gap and standing close to him. He hesitantly touched the scales on his arm, then went behind him to get a close up of his wings. "These are a problem," he spoke thoughtfully, reaching out and poking at the area where the wings connected to his back, "I'll have to cut them."

That was the only solution to the problem. Whatever shirt he bought, he would have to cut because of his wings. Although he didn't specify to Acacius that it was the shirt he would be cutting, he assumed the dragon knew what he was talking about. "Well, I'm going to see if I can buy you some clothes at a nearby store." With the books still in his hand, Takara headed in the opposite direction of his house. He had said he would be walking home, but he never specified when. Since he was out already, he might as well try to get some clothes. There may not be much variety, but it was worth looking. If Acaius didn't come with him, he would have to guess what his sizes were, which would make it much harder for him. Still, he continued to walk without him, ready to take on the task alone.

Acacius frowns when the other refuses to tell him his name. "Is it not a human custom to exchange names when meeting someone or entering a contract with someone?" He asks confused as well as a bit irked by the other's blatant disrespect. Acacius is a dragon and this human's Protector. As such he should be offered at least the basic courtesies and respect that human's are capable of giving. With a faint sniff he shrugs it off, for now.

When his Provider suddenly starts to mutter about clothes and circles him, he raises an eyebrow. He'd heard of the human's odd obsession with covering their bodies, though it made sense in colder months due to their lack of inner fire to heat them, but to extend it to their dragons seems a bit extreme. Still, he'll tolerate the human custom for now. "Something easy to move in would be preferred, though I doubt anything you'd find would compare to the toughness of my scales." He frowns slightly.

When the human dares to touch the base of his wings he snarls and nearly takes the offending appendage touching him off along with the attached limb. "Provider, I suggest you be mindful of what and where you touch. You best read your books quickly." His wings are flared out, and is letting out a low growl that's borderline roar. In other words, there is a very agitated dragon looking ready to roast and/or eat the other.

After a few tense moments, Acacius forces himself to take a deep breath and pulls his wings back against him. "Lead the way Provider." He states in a tight clipped tone that conveys he's still trying to keep himself in check. Another sign that the dragon is agitated is that he keeps looking slightly hazy, much like when he'd gone from dragon to a human-ish form.

When the human starts walking again, he slowly follows after while clenching and unclenching his hands as he works to regain control and keep from changing back in order to kill the thing that dared touch him in such a manner. With a hard exhale, flames shoot out of his nose leaving scorch marks on the street. When they reach the store of choice of his Provider, he looks around stonily while wondering if this human will have more manners and sense.

Thankfully it seems to be the case as no move is made to touch the area around his wings on his back as the human talks with his Provider to find him clothing. Slowly he starts to wander around and look at the different things the humans tend to cover themselves in. Which I'll soon be covered in. He thinks with mild irritation and wrinkles his nose in distaste. "It'd be okay to just wear something for the lower-half wouldn't it?" He mutters to himself while poking at something on a hanger. That seems to be what his Provider has the biggest problem with at any rate.

Even though Takara walked ahead of his Protector, he could sense his anger. He could feel the tension between them and, because of this, he didn't slow down to meet the pace of Acacius. Instead, he took larger steps and moved faster, clearly afraid. He didn't have to look back, or ask, to confirm what he already knew. He wasn't as ignorant to the feelings of the dragon as the other might believe. Acacius had made it clear to him that what he did was wrong, but Takara, at the moment, didn't have the guts to apologize. He was scared and fear was his motivating force. It motivated his cowardice, something that he was used to.

Pressing his library books closer to his chest, the human thought about the question he was presently asked upon entrance into the store. Was it acceptable to just wear pants or a lower-clothing item? Takara wanted to say no, but he would be lying if he didn't say yes. So far, he was the only one who was bothered by his nudity to begin with. No one at the library complained about Acacius being naked, despite what he had thought would happen, and the few customers in this store didn't say a word either. In fact, he noticed several of the customers looking at the dragon while moving clothes on a rack and those who weren't obviously staring were stealing glances. Takara kept his eyes on one customer, who was oblivious to his stare, because his full attention was on Acacius. He didn't know where the customer was looking, but his eyes weren't focused on his face.

"If you can't find something for your upper half, then you can walk around topless." It wasn't a direct answer, but it was what Takara preferred. He wanted Acacias to, at least, try to cover up or partially cover his whole body. Plus, if they didn't find something here, he could always look at another store or order something online. It might be easier to do the latter anyway. Still afraid to look directly at Acacius, the human kept his attention on a distant object while he talked to the albino. "Just look around until you find something you like and try it on. There's a line of dressing rooms against the wall." After instructing the dragon on what to do, Takara started to search for clothes himself.

He didn't know what Acacius liked, but he guessed anything would do. However, he would make sure to choose things in good taste and color. His Protector would be living with him, after all, and he would have to be looking at his outfit choices all day. Although he didn't care much about his own appearance if he was stuck at home, he always made himself presentable when going out. Of course, he wasn't the type to spend hours picking out an outfit ahead of time. The longest time he spent choosing an outfit was ten minutes and a majority of that time was him trying on tops to see what did or didn't fit. With Acaius, though, picking out an outfit was a different story. First, he had to find something that would fit and not be unwearable if he cut an opening for his wings.

Standing next to a circular rack with a variety of shirts, Takara started going through the different colors, designs, and patterns. Occasionally, he would peek at Acacius and imagine him wearing a certain top, but he would never look for too long. Rack after rack, Takara would go through the clothes, pull out a few that caught his eye, and put them back when he realized they wouldn't fit. What he was aiming for was an open back top so that he wouldn't have to cut an opening himself, but there was nothing in the Men's Section that fit his requirement. Thus, he had to move into the Women's Section where he decided to widen his criteria. Now, he was looking for an open back, zippered, or buttoned shirt. Ultimately, if he could find one that tied, then his search would be over.

"I found one," he exclaimed to himself, genuinely surprised. The bright red shirt was slit in the back with had three ties: one at the top, another in the middle, and the third at the bottom. Although the shirt looked a little short, Takara still took it. He also took a shirt that buttoned and another with an open V-back. For all of them, he instinctively grabbed the largest size since he didn't want any of them to rip if Acacius chose to try them on. With his search over, he returned to the dragon and showed him the shirts. "I think these might fit. They could be short, but don't worry about that. The only problem would be if they're too skinny in width." Even so, he could always buy it and try to stretch it.

• 3 weeks later...

Acacius glances over at his Provider coolly, it is abundantly clear that the human's mistake has yet to be forgive, but nods slowly. The human who had begun to assist him takes the items and adds it to the stack that they had been gathering for the dragon. Turning slowly, being careful to avoid hitting things with his wings, Acacius goes towards the back following the human holding his items. A wing twitches slightly, but only those that know how to read the signal would realize that it is a sign of irritation or aggravation.

Honestly, I should have just ignored or eaten the human. It is clear he has no manners nor interest in learning proper Provider etiquette. Internally he sniffs while continuing to move somewhat stiffly. The stiffness is in part of his being unused to his human form, but the rest comes from the knowledge that everyone around them must be judging them and thinking them a poor match. If it were possible for a dragon to feel shame then he imagines this would be the time he would feel it as he gets looks of what he presumes to be pity or somesuch for having chosen a human who allows other humans to assist their newly-bonded Protector.

While he supposes he could turn away the other human's assistance, he is too new to human interactions to know if this would make his tenuous bond with his Provider be under more strain or no. Still, he has a sense of discomfort and irritation at someone aiding him in adjusting other than the one he should be bonding with. As a Protector though, it is not his place to voice discontent at such actions if the other shows no signs of being bothered by it. Far as he can tell it is only Acacius himself, and his nudity, that bothers the human.

Unsure if he feels insulted, angry, or indifferent to his Provider's clear disinterest in him as both dragon and individual, he steps into the closed off room to attempt to try on the clothing offered to him. Some he merely sniffs at and does no more than toss to the side not liking the color or material, but eventually he comes out in his first outfit. Though he once more had required assistance to put the articles of clothing on.

Stepping out of the room, and feeling even more agitated at having some strange human's hands on him, he shoves a hand through his hair while looking around for his Provider. The first outfit consists of the red shirt that his Provider had offered as well as leather, if not genuine then something close enough to where the feel and smell of it is nearly identical, pants.

Takara did not stay and wait for Acacius outside the dressing room. Instead, he went off to look at some scarves near the entrance of the store. He had noticed them when they walked in, but, wanting to take care of the dragon first, he only spared them a glance. Now, while the other changed, he could fully admire them. There wasn’t a large selection, but there was enough to satisfy him. After all, he was only looking for one. The human eyed the white scarf that was neatly placed on the shelf. He didn’t own that color scarf, but, with an albino dragon as his Protector, he wanted to match in color. Plus, he didn’t want Acacius to think that he wanted to completely get rid of him. It was true that he, still, didn’t want a Protector, but, since he was stuck with him, he doubted he could lose him. He had thought of the possibilities, but he would rather not get Acacius angry again. It bothered him that he had angered the dragon to begin with, which was another reason why he was going to buy a white scarf. He was not, yet, confident in showing off his mark though and, for as long as possible, he didn’t want his parents knowing of his bond.

Finalizing his decision that he would buy the scarf, Takara took it off the shelf and returned to the stalls. He was surprised to see Acacius already changed and waiting for him, and the outfit he wore made him smile. Not only was he happy that the naked body was finally clothed, but he had actually found something that fit. However, the assistant standing next to him made his smile drop. He had noticed the man before, but he didn’t think he would stay with Acacius. There were many other customers he could have attended to, yet he chose his Protector specifically. The assistant waited patiently for direction, but Takara gave no instruction.

Without even looking at how the top was tied, he determined that it was wrong. “If you’re going to help him, you have to do it right. Look at how you knotted the ties.” Although he voiced his irritation at what he had done wrong, he didn’t explain why the knots were unsatisfactory. “Excuse me, I can fix those,” the assistant rushed out and was about to push Acacius back into the stall when Takara stopped him. "If you couldn’t do it right the first time, I doubt you can fix it the second. Let me do it.” Without giving the employee a chance to reply, he handed him his book and scarf, then brought Acacius into the stall and closed the curtain. While the Provider stood behind his Protector and undid the knots, which had been tied properly, he was careful to avoid hitting his wings. “I like the leather on you,” he complimented, referring to his pants, “And the shirt fits, although it is a little short as I predicted.” All he would have to do was pull it down to stretch it.

Having undone all three knots, Takara began with the bottom ties and made a knot of his own, then knotted the top, and left the middle undone. “I think leaving the middle open will allow you to move your wings more freely.” If he were to do a knot, the strings would be pressing against his wings. He couldn’t imagine that would be comfortable, although the assistant had tightened all three ties. “I really like you in this,” he confessed “What else do you need to try on?" Takara turned in his spot to look at the other clothes hung on the stall. He wanted Acacius to, at least, have two outfits, which meant he had to try on another shirt. He took the one he chose with the V-back, but, looking at it again, began to second guess if it would really fit. "I don't think we could pull this shirt over you." He picked it out because it had an opening for his wings, but he never thought about having to pull it over them. Maybe it would work, though, but it wasn't made of super stretchy material. "Well, I'll buy it and you can try it on later, but not here, in case we rip it."

The second shirt Acacius was to change into was the one that had buttons down the back. This one would be easy to put on and Takara could button around the wings so they wouldn't be closed in the material. "Here, give this a go," he held out the shirt to the dragon, "And you can try on another pair of pants, but I can always buy you another pair of the pants you already have on to save time." He really did like those leather pants, especially since they could go with anything. Nonetheless, he didn't like them enough to let Acacius only wear pants. He wasn't bothered by the dragon going barefoot for another day until he bought him shoes, but he wouldn't let him go nude. The sooner he was clothed, the less he would be embarassed, even if he was the only one who felt that way.

Acacius lets out a small breath, relieved that his Provider was irritated by the other human and criticized him. When the knots are undone, particularly the middle one, his shoulders sag slightly as he relaxes minutely. The strings and knot had caused his wings to pressed against near the base and so was uncomfortable. With the ties left undone his wings are no longer being pushed against by the fabric, even though they are not nearly as free as they would be without a top. Hearing his Provider praise him, he shuffles a little and allows a faint pleased smile to appear.

When another shirt is mentioned, and getting it to try at his Provider's home instead of the store, he takes a glance at the shirt. "Assuming my wings would even fit thought that on their own, they most assuredly will not with having to take into account the rest of me. Unless that item has properties that allow it to stretch indefinitely or has a way to open at the bottom." The top looks small and unforgiving to his eyes, but if his Provider is determined to get it then that is that.

As he is handed a different shirt, he tries to take off the shirt he is currently wearing so as to put this other one on. The other human had given specific and detailed instructions of how 'changing rooms' worked. After a few moments struggle, he gets the item off and lets it fall to the floor as he begins to remove his pants. Once more naked, he begins the tedious process of pulling on another pair of pants and then the shirt that he had been handed.

Once more covered, though no less uncomfortable with being so, he waits for the other to give verdict. "How many more items am I to try on?" He asks hoping it is not too much longer. He would like a chance to settle and rest soon while seeing where it is that he will be staying within the other's home. After following the human earlier he had become most curious what was on the inside of the small and delicate appearing abodes. Following that his stomach let him know it had been some time since his last meal. "Also, I grow hungry."

Hopefully his Provider will allow them to eat soon, and if not then he shall have to take measures into his own claws to ensure that they both get a suitable meal. He lets out a soft snort remembering how the other reacted to being lifted and when he had first arrived. "Would your town not have a shop dedicated to clothing Protectors?" Acacius asks feeling a bit confused as to why he would be taken to a shop clearly meant for humans, but then he was unsure if other Providers even clothed their Protectors or had them in human form often enough to necessitate being covered.

Takara held onto the shirt that the dragon criticized. There was no reason to not buy it despite the fact that both of them knew it wouldn't fit. Because he liked the color and design of the shirt, he had every reason to still buy it. "If it doesn't fit you, it could always fit someone else, you know?" Stepping in front of Acacius, he pressed the shirt against his body and looked at himself in the mirror. "I would want this as a gift." He didn't actually mean he would want it as a gift, but, if he were a girl, he would like it, which meant he could definitely save it.

The human watched the reflection of his Protector change into a new outfit. As soon as he was finished, he picked up the shirt and pants that were dropped on the floor, shook them to get rid of the dirty floor germs, and returned them on their hangers. "You're done." Takara flashed a short smile at Acacius, sensing that the dragon was getting tired changing and he was getting tired watching him. He wasn't going to get out of hand picking outfits for the other. All he wanted was for him to have something, and more than on thing, to wear. He was happy with the two pants and two tops that fit and that one extra top that he was going to buy anyway.

"'You grow hungry?'" He repeated, unsure of what he was supposed to do. Sure, he would have to feed him, but did he have enough food in the fridge to give him a proper meal? He expected Acacius to have a dragon-sized appetite, being a dragon after all, but he didn't even know what he liked or what would fill him. "I have a lot of eggs." Eggs are full of protein, right? "And white rice." Takara wasn't the healthiest individual always eating white rice with no nutritional value, but he found rice to be filling and that's why he liked it. "Oh, I have raw salmon I could grill." He didn't usually buy fish since he wasn't fond of the smell of seafood, but, occasionally, he craved something from the ocean.

While Acacius asked another question, Takara took off the buttoned top the dragon was wearing. "Since most Protectors walk around topless, there isn't a great need for shops to sell shirts that fit your species. Plus, I've seen some Protectors walk around naked. There are shops out there that sell clothes which would fit you perfectly, but they can get pricey and I don't have the money for that." Takara sighed as though Acacius had disappointed him with such a question. "Well, I'm going to checkout. Bring the pants your wearing so I can pay for them."

Leaving the dressing room, the human grabbed his books and scarf from the assistant outside, then went to the cashier to buy the garments. "I also have a pair of pants," the Provider mentioned as he gave the cashier the clothes and his scarf, "He'll be here shortly." Takara looked around with cash in hand as he waited for Acacius to show.

• 2 weeks later...

Acacius frowns and tilts his head in confusion. If his Provider does not intend to wear it, and Acacius has no plans on wearing the garment, then why get it? The fabric doesn't appear to be anything special and there were many similarly styled items as far as he could tell, so there's no overt value to holding on to the item. Eventually he shrugs and decides to label it a human quirk.

When told that he was done, Acacius lets out a sigh of relief and even his wings sag as though also tired. "I am glad to hear that." This human need to cover oneself in fabric is an exhausting endeavor. Granted, it must be easier for humans who are wingless and so do not need to worry about the issue of getting garments over them or being able to move their wings easily and comfortably. The thought of having to wear the tedious items everyday causes him to let out another sigh, but resigns himself to it for as long as he is with this human.

"That will suffice." Acacius murmurs hearing what his Provider has, though looks a bit dubious and almost as though reconsidering his choice in making the other his Provider. However, when the salmon is mentioned he perks up and has a small hopeful smile. "Fish? Yes, that would be most welcome with the rest." He is quite partial to fish, and salmon in particular as it is very delicious both cooked and raw. He enjoys other forms of meat of course, but living by the ocean means that fish is more accessible and numerable.

The smile vanishes at the disappointed tone the human gets when explaining the shops for dragons in human form, and becomes a frown. Though just why the dragon is frowning is nowhere to be seen on his face as there are several reasons for the expression. First, of course, is the fact that the human dares to be disappointed in him for asking a simple question that was not out of line. At least he doesn't believe so. It only makes sense that he expresses confusion when taken to a human store instead of one made to cater to his kind is it not?

Next, his Provider has admitted to seeing others allow their Protectors to go topless or nude and yet is insisting on make his own cover up. Acacius has never been prone to feeling inadequate or shamed due to his coloring, and in fact usually feels great pride in his unique colored scales, but this revelation makes him wonder if his Provider is ashamed of Acacius' coloring and body to the point of wanting it hidden away.

These thoughts circle in his head so loudly that he initially misses what the human says to him and merely sees him walking out. Wings falling even further, he whispers aloud. "My Provider is ashamed of me..." The thought hurts more than he cares to think about, however, and so gathers himself up and walks out to find his Provider. Despite his efforts, his wings still hang low enough to where his primary feathers drag on the floor, but perhaps not enough to where those who don't know the language of wings would notice.

He stops behind the human quietly and watches the transaction take place. Acacius tries to pay close attention to what is going on, his natural curiosity and desire to learn having risen to the front, but even that is barely allowing him to focus on what is happening. The dragon has never heard of a situation where a human was anything other than proud to have a Protector, and it would seem that he has bonded himself to perhaps the one human who isn't. When the transaction is finished he quietly follows the human out the store and to wherever next it is that they are headed.

• 2 weeks later...

With two bags in hand and his books in one of them, Takara was ready to head home. It was evening already and he didn't want to stay out any longer. He wasn't fond of the dark and, even with a new Protector, didn't want to be walking out at night. Plus, knowing that Acacius was hungry, he wanted to feed him. He wasn't going to punish him by dragging him to any more places on an empty stomach. After trying on clothes for him, the least he could do was reward him with some food. He was glad to hear that he liked fish, although he didn't know how much salmon he actually had.

While thinking about dinner, he paid little attention to Acacius. He occasionally glanced behind him to see if the Protector was following him, but he made no effort to talk to him. He was aware of his silence and saw no problem with it. He could be silent from exhaustion一trying on clothes was tiring work一or because he was hungry. Once he was fed and well-rested, he would definitely feel refreshed. He may not want a Protector, but Takara didn't want the dragon to overwork himself. He wanted him to be healthy, especially since other Providers would be judging him now that they knew he was one himself.

Outside of his house, Takara momentarily struggled to unlock the door without wanting to drop his bags. He lightly kicked the door open with his foot while he turned the knob with one hand before stepping to the side and letting Acacius enter before him. The two-story house was designed with an open floor plan, combining the kitchen, dining room, and livining room into a single space on the first floor. The second floor had two bedrooms and a spare room. Both floors had a bathroom. With the first floor being one big room, there was a lot of empty space that had no furniture.

Soon after he locked the door, Takara placed the bags down on the wooden floor. He pulled out his books and set them on the dining room table, adding to the mess that was already there. The table was covered with papers he was working on, magazines, notebooks, and stationery. There was a metal trash bin under the table that was overflowing with crumpled paper. In addition, all of the six chairs around the table were facing a different direction, showing that he had sat in each one at least once while he was working.

The living room table was a little more organized. His laptop and charger sat in the middle of the table with a stack of lined paper to the right and printer paper to the left. However, scattered on the table and the floor around were pens without caps that had clearly been used too much and no longer had any ink or were faulty and never worked to begin with. He kept these pens hoping that they would once work. On the leather couch were the "missing" caps and many more were between and under the cushions.

Reminding himself that he had to make dinner, Takara stepped into the kitchen and collected what he needed to feed him and Acacius. He gathered two packs of salmon, a dozen eggs, and a bag of white rice on the kitchen island. "Since I bought the salmon yesterday and planned to eat it today, it was only in the refrigerator. You don't have to wait for it to defrost," the Provider explained, "Do you want me to cook it for you?" After opening both packages with a steak knife and placing the pieces on a cutting board, he waited for a response.

• 2 weeks later...

Acacius looks around curious as to his Provider's abode. What he sees does not overly fill him with confidence as to his provider's abilities, but he is willing to wait it out a little while. Standing in the middle of the room, he shifts and wonders where he should go. To the kitchen to join his Provider, the couch, or if there is a room he should begin to acquaint himself with as his sleeping quarters.

That might be preferable. It will take some time to get things in an acceptable condition. Acacius muses as he wonders the likelihood of his domain within the Provider's home will be in similar disarray. Though it isn't as bad as it could be, the place could use some tidying and sprucing up. When asked as question, Acacius blinks then slowly looks at the human.

"Prepare it however you like. I'll eat it raw or cooked." Acacius states absently and not thinking to clarify that his idea of 'cooked' is just this side of being burnt. "While you prepare our meal, is there a place within your den that I will be occupying?" He finally asks wanting to explore and start settling into his own space. As a dragon in a Clan, he is used to being around others, but dragons also require their own space and at that moment he was feeling the need to have that.

Not for long though. Just long enough to settle a little before dinner. He thinks to himself while waiting to see what the human will say.

• 2 weeks later...

Takara poked at the raw fish on the cutting board. It would be easier to serve the fish uncooked, and less cleaning on his end, but he didn't want Acacius unhappy because he didn't put effort into cooking it. Although he told him that he could prepare it any way he liked, he wanted to make sure his Protector was satisfied with the salmon. Hesitant to make a decision, he decided to leave one raw and cook the other. Not thinking about how long he should cook it for, he turned on the stove and threw the salmon into the pan. In another frying pan, he cracked a couple of eggs, then quickly washed the rice before starting up the rice cooker.

With everything cooking, Takara left the stove on and motioned for the dragon to follow him. He wasn't the smartest person in the kitchen, frequently turning his attention away from the stove and having the smoke alarm go off on multiple occasions, but the house hadn't burned down yet. Even with another person in his presence, he wasn't going to worry about starting a fire now.

"You'll use the master bedroom," the Provider headed upstairs to show Acacius where he would be sleeping every night, "I hope it's big enough for you." On the second floor, at the end of a narrow hallway, was where the master bedroom was. The door was open, revealing a furnished living space. "All the furniture is clean. The closets and drawers should be empty." The master bedroom used to belong to his parents, but, once they started traveling, he had emptied out their room. No one had occupied it since. As a result of his cleaning, it was still in somewhat perfect condition, except for a few scratches on the wooden furniture.

"My room is to the right of the stairs and the bathroom is to the left. If you need extra space to put anything, use the spare room between our bedrooms." With the brief tour over, Takara left Acacius alone, giving him time to settle in. "If you need anything, I'll be in the kitchen." He called when he was downstairs, but, instead of going back to the kitchen, he began reading the books he had checked out from the library at the dining room table.

Acacius frowns in uncertainty when the human leaves the food unattended, but follows nonetheless to be shown to his room. Seeing the room that was to be his, he gives a slow nod and listens to the offer of the use of the other room as well. I am going to need both rooms at the very least. Acacius frowns slightly at the thought of his treasure not having enough space, but squares his shoulders as he puts away his few pieces of clothing.

Turning around, he puts his hands on his hips and lets out a long soft sigh. "Best get on with it then." He murmurs, the jewel on his forehead shines and soon the room is nearly overflowing with his treasure. Walking out of the room he goes to the spare room and fills that one up as well. For now he is just 'unpacking', but will get around to organizing things later. As well as finding space for the rest of it of course. That taken care of he closes the doors to his room and the spare room before going back down to the kitchen to wait for dinner.

Seeing his provider at the table, he also takes a seat and sits quietly for a time while looking around. Eventually he gets up and begins nosing through the different cabinets and drawers to see what's in them. Seeing the sparseness of the food, he frowns in concern. "Do you not have enough food to eat?" He asks and begins to feel disquieted. Has he accepted a human that is unable to sufficiently provide for both of them?

As it stands he isn't skilled in the human activity of cooking so it isn't as though he can cook for them either even if there was food in his Provider's home. And as a Protector he isn't able to leave the human unattended to go hunting, so that is another way in which he is leashed.

Takara could hear a lot of things being moved upstairs, but he didn’t concern himself with what the other was doing. He didn’t mind what furniture he moved, if he was moving any, as long as he stored his belongings properly. Although he was clearly unorganized himself, he wouldn’t accept anyone else piling things up in his house. When Acacius came down to examine the first floor, the human easily ignored him. He smiled at the illustrations in the children's book. The White Dragon certainly made him laugh and was an easy dragon to please. If only he could see Acacius do the things the dragon did in this book.

“What do you mean?” He slowly looked up from the page and stared at his own white dragon. Of course, he had enough food to eat. Even though he hadn’t planned on filling an extra stomach, there was no reason why he shouldn’t have enough food unless he had always been eating more than he thought. His stomach hadn’t grown any bigger and his weight was definitely less than before. “I may not have a lot of food because I haven’t gone shopping recently,” he clarified, “But there should be enough food there for the both of us. If not, you’re a dragon, you have to eat more.”

Having solved the problem with his logic, Takara shoved the book he had been reading to the end of the table, leaving it open on the page where the White Dragon was sleeping on a cloud, and began reading the next book. He knew what his basic responsibilities were as a Provider, but he needed a book to get into the specifics and to expand on his duties. He skimmed the index of the hardcover before turning to the chapter outlining what he should feed his Protector to ensure a rich, healthy diet. He was already cooking two of the high protein foods on the list, but there were many foods on the list he didn't have. He would have to make a separate grocery list for Acacius with these foods.

Despite having read a small section of each chapter, he found the information to be of little to no use to him. There was nothing in the book that stood out. Nothing that he wouldn't have figured out on his own eventually. However, before he could pick up the next and final book, Takara could smell something lightly burning. He was in no panic to see what it was, but, when he saw that both of his pans were smoking and his rice cooker was bubbling over with water, he sped into the kitchen. He immediatedly turned the stove off and moved the pans away from the heat, holding them at a distance because of the smoke. Next, he unplugged his rice cooker and, without protection, took off the lid. The steam hit his hand, making him drop the glass lid onto the counter instead of gently placing it down. He held onto his reddening hand as he rushed to the dining room to grab a magazine and returned to the kitchen to fan the smoke away.

"Acacius," he called the dragon over with a calm voice, "Tell me how this looks." He stopped fanning the pans to check for himself. The eggs were clearly browned on one side and the salmon was, without question, stuck to the pain on its underside. "You can't eat this," he sighed, disappointed, as he went to peak into the rice cooker. The rice was mushy like rice pudding and a bit soupy. It was edible, Takara knew, because he had made the same mistake before, but he didn't think it would impress the dragon too much.

"I forgot I put the salmon on high heat," he admitted, "And I put too much water in the rice cooker." He grabbed a metal spatula and unstuck the salmon from the pan. "I can cut off the burnt side for you," the Provider offered, although he quickly shook his head, no longer liking the idea, "No, you need to eat better. I'll do it again." Soon, he began to make his way around the kitchen for a different reason. Before he started all over, he soaked a paper towel in cold water and wrapped it around the hand he burned. It wasn't a terrible burn, but it needed cooling down. While waiting for it to weaken the pain, he kept himself turned away from Acacius, embarrassed.