Time to play (Exellda and Rikka, 18+)

RikkaTag

"BL..?" Hinata repeated. Oh boy, here we go. This guy might regret hearing what he had to say. Hinata could have sworn that everyone here should at least know what products they sold. Surely he had heard of BL? Apparently not... And so, Hinata cleared his throat. "Since you asked sir, I'll be happy to explain it as I've done the research, but just remember that you asked." Hinata felt the need to put that reminder out there, just in case. "BL simply means Boys Love. In short, they center around a sigular male gay couple, although I have seen titles that had multiple gay couples in them."

Hinata hummed in thought, "As I said before, BL is usually target for the female audience. Many BL tend to fetishize relationships these gay relationships. Whether they are forced or fall in love over time, it doesn't really matter too much. If the story is overall good and the artist is worth their salt, well, I can say that they sell very quickly. I've been to several stores where they'll sellout within the hour of opening." Hinata said before pushing up his glasses. He felt that he might have spoke a little too knowledgeably about BL, however, if he wanted to keep this job, he was sure that information like that would be needed and come in handy. It was necessary for him to do a 'full report', or so he thought.

Besides, he could always claim that this knowledge was gained through research and not... the collection of BL novels that he had stored at home. Lets just say that Hinata knew BL novels really well and he secretly been hoping to possibly publish one day... Maybe not with this company, he wasn't sure he could handle it if his boss ever found out. Hinata, in general, was afraid of Tsorin learning about anything regarding his extensive BL collection and the fact that he wanted to serialize his work... And there was no way that he'd ever tell Tsorin about it either. Some secrets were meant to stay hidden. That was one small aspect of his life that Tsorin couldn't control... and he wanted to keep it that way.

"If you'd like a better grasp of what I am talking about, I would suggest some of the manga that your own company publishes. They may help you understand it better, or at least give you the chance to appreciate it." The smaller male said, feeling a little better about himself. "Is there anything else I need to clarify?"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Exellda

• RikkaTag

The man tapped his chin and frowned as he thought. Tsorin knew there wasn't much to be said right then. He did, however, wonder how the mouse knew so much about the bl novels. He would save those questions for later of course.

He was about to open his mouth to say something when the company owner turned his attention on him. "Delour, who is this child? A classmate of yours?"

"Ah... no, Mr Higarashi. This is Hinata Ryuji. He is my new assistant for the manga department." Tsorin droppes his arm to his side and cleared his throat. It wouldn't do him any good for the company to question his position. "He is a freshman at my college, but we haven't really been acquainted."

Dow Lang, the man in black on video call, narrowed his eyes and study Hinata. "Ryuji... a freshman? What are you stidying, Mr Ryuji?"

The head of the manga department frowned as he watche'd the other be appraised. He didn't like Dow Lang. Even less so, now that he seemed fascinated by Tsorin' little mouse. "So... why dont b we try taking on fresher talent in the bl genre? If it sells as good as he says, then we could raise our quantity."

If there was one thing that Hinata could tell was that Tsorin seemed to dislike the attention he was getting. Although it served him right. After all, it was his idea to ask him a question. He supposed that Mr. Delour didn't expect him to be so 'on top' of manga, especially when it came to BL. When his bully was asked how they knew each other he was nearly surprised that Tsorin didn't slip an mention something... Oh well. It wasn't like he wanted the other male to slip up. It was more like, Hinata was curious of what they other truly thought about him.

Hinata had raised a brow when Tsorin said that they hadn't really been acquainted... And technically he couldn't say that he was wrong. While the other male had been his bully for a while now, he was sure that they didn't really know each other. Not that he wanted to get any closer than he already was... "My major is currently business..." And although he didn't say it, he aspired to be someone who was good at his job- kind of like how Nagato praised Tsorin. Hinata wanted to be like that, except not an asshole.

One of the only other females at the meeting decided to speak out, "Well seeing as Mr. Ryuji seems to be somewhat of an expert regarding manga, especially BL sales, I think it's a good idea that he's now working with Mr. Delour. I think with two young and ambitious men like yourselves, we shall definitely see a profit increase." Makoto even winked at Hinata after she said that. "Mr. Delour, you've seemed to have acquired a good assistant, I suggest you get to be 'more' than 'acquaintances'. Who knows? Maybe he'll be a superb asset to our team in the manga department."

While Hinata respected what Makoto said, he... had this underlining feeling that... she might have tried to suggest that they should be more than acquaintances- but didn't mean that in a work friendly way. However, everyone else in the room didn't really seem to acknowledge it and Hinata felt that it was wise that he shouldn't ask. Maybe he had imagined it... Yeah... That sounds about right... Like hell would he become anything more than he already was to Tsorin, a co-worker or his bully victim. It was bad enough that he had to now work with him. Hinata did not intend to bond nor share any more time out of his day with Mr. Delour than he had to. With that, the meeting went on just a little bit longer and then finally the meeting came to a close.

"I greatly appreciate your advice, Mrs. Makoto. I will take in consideration what you have suggested." Tsorin bowed as he spoke and kept his gaze to the floor. He had grown up in a respected family surrounding and learned manners and when to use them. He reached over and pulled Hinata in to a bow. He looked at him out of the corner of his eye and glared. Surely the kid knew when to show higher respect.

Dow Lang cleared his throat before Higarashi began to speak. The owner chuckled and shook his head. "What an interesting thought. Alright. I will give the two of you a month to up sales ten percent. If it goes well, perhaps, Mr. Delour can expect a raise. If we are through here, I have to return to my shogi match. It seems I am getting a bit rusty."

"Of course, sir. I have paperwork to finish." Dow Lang turned to those sitting around the table and gave them a look. "Doesn't everyone?"

It was then that things went into motion and department heads were gathering their things and rushing back to work.

One stopped next to Hinata and eyed him a moment before turning to Tsorin. "Be sure to keep this little tiger in a cage. Someone might try scooping him up." The man winked before heading to the door.

"I hate meetings." Delour gathered his papers and sighed. Leave it to him to get a challenge thrown down. "Ryuji, finish your tasks. I have business to handle."

• 2 weeks later...

So it would seem that they now had a hard task set for them to complete... Not that Hinata was complaining. Essentially, if this went well, not only would he get to keep his job but potentially, he might be able to move up. Not only that... There was a higher possibility for their company to produce more BL... Most of which will probably go into his collection at home. In all honesty, Hinata was actually happy with this outcome. While he would have to work with Tsorin more often, at the same time he could get colleges and a 'feel' for the job that he had so been looking forward to.

Although, it was the last comment that was made by one other the other businessmen, who's name Hinata couldn't remember, that made him feel slightly uneasy. He had never been referred to being a 'tiger' before... He wasn't sure he liked the idea of Tsorin trapping him in a 'cage' both hypothetically and realistically. Both ideas sounded horrible- and filled with torture more than likely. Then again... Hinata wasn't sure he liked the idea of someone else 'scooping him up'. Working with his bully was hard enough. It was only the first damn day!

Of course when everyone left, Hinata got a glimpse of how Tsorin really was... He was good at putting up a front... Hinata personally didn't think the meeting was all that bad... just... perhaps a little awkward. If anything it was the beginning of his new career! That alone was worth the little extra torture of working with Tsorin. "Yes, Mr. Delour, right away." Hinata could easily pull off being polite, as it was easier for him to do. He often wondered if being an asshole all of the time tired Mr. Delour out... Eh, probably not? Maybe he was use to it by now.

As Tsorin's assistant, he was now supposed to carry out the 'chores' or 'jobs' assigned to him... If that meant the other male was not breathing down his neck, it was A-Okay with Hinata. "Anything else you need, sir, before I go?" He asked, even going as far as to bow a little because he was going to leave, just to make sure. If not then he'd be on his way.

• 3 weeks later...

"Just complete your tasks and come see me when you are done. You can do that much without flirting with the other men here, can't you?" Tsorin didn't give the other a chance to say anything before he headed out the door. He was frustrated for a couple reasons. The main one being the none too innocent comment made by his fellow department head. Surely the younger understood the meaning behind the other man's words or the woman's.

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. There really wasn't much that could distract him so easily from his work. He worked hard and showed polite respect toward everyone. He couldn't let that image be tainted by anyone.

The senior tucked his papers under his arm and headed to his office with coffee and a bagel in one hand. He had left one bagel sitting on the table in the meeting room.He figured he could complete his work and then plan his task with his Mouse. He would have a task for the freshman ready, Makoto would have no worries there.

He chuckled to himself as he considered the woman's earlier implications. More than acquainted she said. He already planned it to be so. He just needed to set things in motion.

• 2 weeks later...

After Mr. Delour left the room, Hinata stood there for a moment, pondering why the other male would think he'd flirt with the other men. He was gay, sure, but that didn't mean he would hit on any guy who came his way... He wasn't that kind of guy... No, Hinata was too shy to be that outgoing. Besides, he didn't want to get caught up in drama while at work. And what better way to avoid drama than to not flirt with the other men... Hinata sighed heavily. He already had Tsorin breathing down his neck and he didn't need another, let alone several.

And so, Hinata wrapped things up in the meeting room, gathered himself up before leaving and making his way towards his next destination. He looked at the list and determined what he should do first. He figured that the printing would take up the most time. The young male went ahead and talked to Nagato and after receiving the contracts that he needed, he went over to the printer and began print fifty copies of each. Fifty was a substantial amount, but that's what Tsorin wanted... While the printer was making copies, Hinata double tasked himself by calling the doctor, as he figured that would be quick.

Just as he thought, it took him less than five minutes to reschedule Mr. Delour's doctor's appointment for Friday at noon. thankfully it was a easy task and it only took little verification. By the time the printer was done making copies, Hinata had to carry what looked like three books of paper. He was on top of it though because as they were coming out, he had separated them by name so they would be easy to sort through later if need be. Finally, Hinata made his way over to Doris in the Accounting office. They made light conversation as she handed him the paperwork he needed.

Finally, Hinata was finished with all of the tasks Tsorin had set out for him to complete. It wasn't all that bad really. Honestly, it was rather easy and he was thankful for it, seeing as it was the first day. However, Hinata had the suspicion that Mr. Delour would only make his work harder from here on out... And Hinata wasn't sure if he was looking forward to it. Normally he might have been a little excited for a challenge, just so he could prove himself. But when it came to Tsorin... that was a different case entirely.

The young male made his way back to Mr. Delour's office, stopping briefly to say hello to Nagato before knocking on the door. "I'm back." He wasn't sure what else to say in the situation as he opened the door. Hinata bravely made his way over to Tsorin's desk and set all of the papers in a neat pile where there was a clean space. "I've finished the tasks you've given me, and like you asked, I've reported back." He started to separate the piles between contracts and the paperwork that Tsorin needed. "Here is the paperwork you asked for... And here are the fifty copies of each contract, just as you asked."

• 1 month later...

Tsorin sent one of the many errand boys to fetch some things For him. Granted he got some curious looks for not sending his new assistant, but he brushed it off. His assistant, he was sure, was busy with other tasks. The young department head closed all his blinds and tapped his chin in thought.

He had the one guy fetching an order for him, with an embarrassed prattle off excuse to satisfy the man's curiosity. Not forgetting anything out of place, Tsorin pulled out some paperwork he had to finish before the day was out and worked on it.

He was going about said task when the Mouse reappeared. The senior smirked as he looked to the papers the other brought in. "Was this all of it? It seems less than imagined. You can put the contracts in the rubbish bin." Tsorin grabbed the paperwork and flipped through it a moment before sighing. "More applications. Trash. New artist applicants. Finally! Editor applicants."

Tsorin looked to the door as it opened about then and showed an apologetic smile to the one entering. "Thank you, Natsu. You have been a great help."

THe errand boy set the bag on the desk and smiled with a light flush to his cheeks. "You are welcome, Mr Delour. I am glad to help anytime."

"Perhaps if I need your services again." The department head dismissed him with a smile before getting up from his desk and walking toward the door. "So... mouse, shall we start to work together? Seems like an interecting project and I don't know much about it. I figure you seem to know enough, you can teach me." The click of the lock falling in to place sounded through the office.

"Well if makes you feel better... I think there's a whole other filing cabinet that I haven't gotten to... Carrying half of them was tedious enough." He let out a sigh as he adjusted his glasses. He didn't want to slip up and drop the papers, so he had actually split the work load for two trips. So Hinata was done with everything- but the other filing cabinet. Whether Tsorin would be okay with this or not, he would soon find out.

Then suddenly some other guy appeared, opening the door and dropping something off. Hinata was too busy looking at the guy than to what he was carrying. He could tell there was something up just by looking. The flush that appeared on his cheeks after he talked to Mr. Delour... He seemed to be a little too happy to help. Not that it was any of his business... He waited to speak until the other male was gone, "Are you trying to replace me already?" Hinata asked curiously, surprised by his own tone because he sounded slightly jealous. If his boss would question him about it, he would merely say that he was talking about his job... and he didn't mean anything else.

The click of the door locking made him turn around, his own eyes glancing at the door which was just locked and then followed up Tsorin's arm. In the end he was making eye contact with the other male when he commented about working together. Right. Working together. They'd be working on the project that was just assigned to them... Which was... Oh yeah, Boys Love. He would be teaching Tsorin about BL... Wait... Teaching Tsorin..? How exactly? Did the other male truly not know anything about BL or was he just messing with him? If not... What should he do?

Should he pull out his phone and let him read? No! Definitely not! The other male would totally tease him to death! Maybe he should draw something really quick? No- he couldn't do that either! Then Tsorin might figure out that he had a manuscript at home... Let's see... Teaching implies that he would being doing something to educate the other male. By now Hinata had sat down, currently facing away from his boss as he thought, his eyes were focused on the desk and his right hand covered his mouth with his left hand drummed on his thigh.

However his right hand was accompanied by his left hand to cover his face as his mind came up with a conclusion he never would have thought he'd have... This was the perfect situation, wasn't it? This was a typical situation. A boss and his assistant. Alone together... A locked door. At least one of them had an interest in the other... Damn... If Hinata didn't know any better... He'd say that he was caught up in his own BL. The difference was that he didn't like his boss... but... then again, his boss 'liked' him and if that was any indication of how this was going to go... Would he be a top or bottom? Both?

No! No! No! No! Hinata shook his head as his face suddenly felt very hot. That was not going to happen to him! Hinata quickly tried to change his mind. He tried to remind himself of how much he hated his boss for making him feel miserable. Yeah, that's right. He hated him. He was totally overthinking this! Just... Breathe.... And so Hinata inhaled slowly, tried to relax as he uncovered his face. "Right... So you don't know anything about BL? If not, I guess I'll start from square one... I mean, as I said in the meeting, it's Boys Love... Uh... Did you want to look at art? Or..?" He was at a loss in regards to the direction Mr. Delour wanted to take this in. He could give him a few titles to read? That might not be a bad idea?