Spotlight Redlight (gacktluvr x WolfDog) (18+)

WolfDog12

3219b2138c89a93795c43f44824309e2.jpg

Name: Shinatrou Kisaragi

Stage Name: Shin Aratta

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 130 lbs

Mental State: unstable with terrible anxieties.

Likes: Being alone, being on his computer, watching anime, reading Manga, singing.

Dislikes: Crowds, being around people.

[/hr]

"Alright, that will be all for today," a man sat in the control room for the sound recording room where a young, teen idol finished recording his new album. The boy looked around the mic handing down in front of his face and nodded slightly. The male had jet black hair and red eyes; he was the famous pop singer, Shinarou Kisaragi aka Shin Aratta. He had only around 5 albums out but every new song released was an instant hit and he even had a world tour set up soon.

There were a couple major problems that could hamper the tour... One was the lack of manager. Once again, Shin's latest manager quit after just one month. Though, none really lasted very long... They hated babysitting the singer. It wasn't that he was a snob, in fact, he was rather quiet... too quiet... He never wanted anything, never wanted to be around anyone, he just wasn't social.... Actually, it went far beyond that but it was all a secret very few knew about.

Shin slipped the headphones off his head and placed them in front of him on the stand before walking out. The producer congratulated him on another great album and told him once again how long it would take and that they planned on releasing one song at a time and even getting one of them on the radio... Everyone wanted to mild the most out of what he made. In fact, it was Shin that wrote most of his songs with the occasional few or remakes of other songs typically for the holidays.

The boy didn't say a word as the producer spoke before sending him out where the head of the labeling company was waiting for him. "Yo, Shi-chan!" The CEO said with a smile. Shin frowned slightly at the name. He already had a nick name and the CEO was just making a mess of it. At least he was the only one that called him that. "I'm glad I caught you, though I have been waiting out here for the past half hour," He said happily. "I found you a new manager. I'm having him over in an hour to go over the ground rules, expectations, and so on. So, you want to meet him?" Shin shook his head. "Want a minute to think about it?" Another shake. "Well, no matter. He'll pick you up tomorrow morning for your CD signing tomorrow at store that sells the most of your CDs."

"That's not until four though... why does he have to pick me up in the morning?" Shin grumbled.

"Well, that's because you have to get to know him. If he lasts, he'll be going on tour with you so be prepared and be nice." Shin wasn't thrilled by this news but there was nothing he could do. He just quickly took the elevator up to the ground floor and hurried out the building where an assistant brought him back to his apartment. The boy had to wear a hoodie and sunglasses when he went outside just so fans wouldn't recognize him. He seemed to avoid contact with everyone as he left.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• gacktluvr

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Name: Mamoru Ishida

Height: 5'7

Hair: Light brown

Eyes: Black

Dislikes: Clutter, quitters

Always arrive early.

It was a policy he had lived by since first stepping foot in this world, and one he firmly believed in. He could remember clearly the voice of his earliest mentor, reminding him time and again how important it was to be prepared. In this business image was everything, even for those who stayed hidden in the shadows. Perhaps it was even more important for people in his position, as they were the ones setting the stage. Their absence reflected poorly on someone whose image was their very livelihood.

He took his position very seriously.

It was this policy of his that allowed him his first glance at the star he was to be looking after from here on out. He seemed...different from most of the other stars he'd worked with in his career. The star hadn't even seemed to notice him. Mamoru was just another face in the crowd, even when there was no crowd for him to get lost in. That was how little he seemed to matter. Not even worth noticing. The quiet, absent type... There had been someone like that in his group all those many years ago. He absently wondered if Shin would be the same...

He watched after his back another moment before straightening from his prior position. There was no point in lingering here any longer, a slight smile gracing his features as he turned to enter the building. He may not have been one of the rising stars here, but his appearance was still important. Charisma was important in making connections, and first impressions lingered.

It may have been close to a decade since his own turn in the spotlight, but he still had what it took to mingle with the best of them. Even as an ex-idol, his charisma wasn't to be underestimated. From the way the receptionist stood to greet him it was obvious he still had what it took. She probably thought he was here for a recording, which was flattering.

"The name is Ishida. I have a meeting with Mr. Seo, although I must admit I'm a bit early. Is he available?"

The lady at the desk looked up and blushed slightly at the sight of the man before her. He really was good looking for sure. At first she was convinced he had to be here for a recording or maybe a signing? However, once he gave his name, she instantly remembered him. "Ah, Yes... You're here for the manager job. You'll be in charge of Shin Aratta, Correct? Here, let me call his office and see if he'd up there." She smiled brightly and was happy to grab the phone and began dialing in to call the upper office. Of course, his secretary answered.

There was a while of the two talking before a common name popped up. "Shin? I just saw him leave a few minutes ago. Alright, so he'll be in his office soon? Alright, let him know that his 2 O'clock his here an hour early and see if he can take it." With that she hung up and addressed the good-looking Ishida again. "Please feel free to have a seat. He is on his way back to the office and I will inform you if he is able to take you right away," she explained and let him go and sit in the lobby.

It was only about 7 minutes later that the call came down and the girl nodded before hanging up. "Mr. Ishida, Mr. Seo can take you now so please go on up. The elevators are down the hall and on the right. You can take it to the top 12th floor and it will bring you straight to Mr. Seo's office," She explained showing him which hallway to head down.

----------------------------

As soon as he made it up to the office, there was a huge sitting area with a large couch with three seats, across a table from two chairs that had a small side table between them. Just beyond that was a large dark wooden desk where the boss sat in his huge black, comfortable chair. As the manager entered, he stood and walked over to greet him. "Thanks for coming. Please, have a seat," he said as he walked to one of the chairs and sat down facing the couch where Ishida was suppose to sit.

"Now, a bit of secret information you are not allowed to give to anyone, it says so in your contract, Shin Aratta's real name is Shintarou Kisaragi. He doesn't like people knowing his personal life so a stage name was the best way to go. Thankfully, he goes by Shin as his real and stage name so it's alright to call him that." The boss then pulled something out of his pocket and placed it on the table before the new hire. "This is his address and a key to his apartment. You will have to use your work badge to get in not only here but the apartment complex as well seeing as you don't live there. Our company also owns that building and we have lots of idols living there so the security is top notch. Please understand." The man waved in his assistant that offed both some coffee.

"Now, I'm aware you had previous managing jobs so it may be strange you are getting a key to his room but it won't take long to understand why. Tomorrow he has a CD signing at 4 so be sure to be early. You can feel free to pick him up in the morning and just get to know each other for the day." He seemed to leave out some important information about Shin's personality giving the assumption that he was a spoiled prick. "Here," He then handed the other a monthly planner that was absolutely stuffed with different events from costume checks, dance lessons, singing checks, meetings about his tour that was coming up, and so on. There was even a concert in the mix. "That is his schedule for this month so please work hard to be early or on time. Never be late." That would be hard since some days there was hardly any time to get from point A to point B without being late on just travel alone.

"I hope you understand your job?" The boss smiled.

"Aa, I should have figured he would be busy. I'm not unused to waiting, however, so it's no problem." The courteous smile never left his lips as he spoke, slender fingers working loose the buttons of his long coat as the woman before him called up to the office. Each movement he made carried with it a sense of elegant grace, fabric sliding effortlessly from his shoulders to drape elegantly over a hooked arm. Such fluid movements were almost second nature to Mamoru by now, seeping into his daily life before he could even notice.

He hadn't even had time to sit before the call came back, looking around the waiting room absently as he let his mind wander. He would be spending a lot of time in lobbies like this from here on out. They had become a welcoming sort of familiarity over his career, both as an idol and a manager. A place he could feel at ease even in the hustle and bustle of the industry. He hoped Shin would come to appreciate these places as well...

"Thank you for your assistance." He gave a slight bow as he was instructed on his way back to where he needed to go, following her directions without difficulty.

The place he arrived was nowhere particularly notable, the welcoming atmosphere of the lobby traded in for practicality and ease of business. It was a nice space, to be certain, accommodating but wholly lacking in warmth. And in reality, that was fine. An office was no space to linger. Base comfort was all that such a space required, for even the lengthiest of stays was expected to remain on topic. Always moving forward, never stalling.

"I thank you for giving me this opportunity." Words of appreciation and a deep bow took the place of unnecessary pleasantries, moving to sit in the space that had been offered to him. He didn't have any need for small talk, and he was sure the CEO wasn't looking to have his time wasted, either. They were here for business, and that was something Mamoru would never take lightly.

His eyes scanned over the documents that were handed to him without comment, listening attentively even as he glanced over the words on each page. A complex just for their talent... It sounded like they took their employee's well-being very seriously, although he wondered if maybe that might come with its own drawbacks. To feel like your life was being micromanaged by your employer... That might explain Shin's distant attitude from before.

He didn't hesitate to take the cup that was offered to him, giving a polite smile to the woman who had brought it to them. He wouldn't interrupt his boss with words of gratitude, but he could at least show his appreciation for their work somehow. It would be rude to simply ignore them, even as his free hand reached for the schedule being handed to him. It seemed packed full but that was to be expected: Shin had a tour to prepare for. There was one thing that bothered him, however, and he made his concerns known as he set the paper down gingerly.

"I don't see much time set aside for promotion. I understand a busy schedule, but we're missing out on prime marketability." He took a drink of his coffee, sitting straight in his seat. "Have his previous managers worked with Shin to create a public persona? His popularity is certainly something, but I can't help but feel like he's missing out on valuable opportunities here. We have to capitalize on this upcoming tour as much as possible before releasing any ticket blocks. I'd hate for him to have unsold seats..."

'HAhaha, I see you know your stuff. Well done. Actually, we have several ads out there and a few CD signings where he can interact with fans directly. However, once you get to know him, you'll understand why it is impossible to schedule much more. He's... well, let's just say he's a bit shy so he can only take so much." That was the understatement of a life time since just meeting 5 fans at once made the kid so stressed he wanted to throw up. Let alone get in front of crowd after crowd to do different promotions. "We have TV commercials world wide airing about his tour and every store that sells his CDs has a poster about the tour. Anyone that wants extra details can simply go online and find out," the boss explained.

"Look, if you can convince Shin to do more marketing and work on a real public persona, then I will gladly change the schedule to fit it in." With those words, he was declaring that this could be impossible. After all, Shin had been in the industry since he was 16 and in the past several years his social anxiety hadn't so much as lessened a bit... in some cases it may have gotten worse as the stress of a tour weighed heavily on him. Still, nothing could be done right now about it.

"Oh, and about tomorrow, if you do pick him up early, feel free to show him the town. He may have lived here for years but none of his managers were willing to risk taking him around. Don't want fans mobbing him but that can't always be helped." That was not good for anxiety but that was still a secret.

"I do wish you the best of luck," The boss stated. "Remember, 4 O'clock in the afternoon, tomorrow. Try and show up a bit early. You're going to need the extra time," he added the last part quickly before standing to shake hands with the other. The boss again wished him luck for some reason before saying good bye and again thanking him for taking the job. They were paying a lot for this job... more than most would but for the amount of pay and to still have many quitting managers, something clearly wasn't right and there had to be something more than celebrity snobbishness to cause something like that.

"I've been on both sides of this business, so I'd like to think I have a pretty good grasp on what it takes," he said with a charming smile, taking another drink of his coffee as Seo continued talking. It sounded like tomorrow would be a true trial by fire, so he would need to keep his wits about him. He'd had to deal with troublesome talent in the past, but this was the first time he'd been in charge of someone with Shin's temperament. It was a great opportunity, if he could work the other out of his shell. The shy idol was a well loved staple, once polished.

"I'll make it my top priority, if you're willing to loosen his schedule to accommodate me. I'll be taking charge of his schedule soon enough, so I'd like to have a solid foundation to build off of." Had any of Shin's previous managers gotten to know him well enough to be involved in his schedule? He was starting to think not. It required a certain degree of familiarity to create a proper schedule, after all. The constant reminder to be on time seemed unnecessary, but Mamoru wondered if perhaps there was a reason for it. Was Shin the type who had problems keeping a schedule? They would need to work on that.

"I'll call you with the results of tomorrow's signing as soon as I have them. Until then." Reaching out he took the hand that was extended his way, a star's smile on his face. He exuded a clear confidence in his own abilities, bending to gather what he needed and tuck it away safely.

The hour had only barely passed 8AM as Mamoru knocked on Shin's door, a small package in his hands and a smile on his face as he waited to be acknowledged. He had been sure to give proper warning to the man who had checked his identification that morning, asking that Shin be notified that he was coming. He didn't want to startle him, considering his reputation. There was no worse way to start a professional relationship than with disrespect. Shin seemed a shy sort of person, so Mamoru would be sure not to press him too hard.

He'd prefer to be at the venue by 3, which gave the two of them several hours to get to know one another. He'd prefer if they could at least be comfortable with one another by the end of the day. Today was a day to get to know one another. Work could wait until that evening.

Even though the front desk had called up, there had been no response. Shin ended up staying up watching anime until 3 am and was currently out like a light. The idol was a heavy sleeper and it was no wonder Seo gave Mamoru a key to his apartment. This was certainly the first test. Though, it would also show the new managers confidence in doing his job and being able to get it done right. Though, the real challenge wasn't just going in... it was dealing with whatever was inside. After all, Shin wasn't just shy, he was a complete introvert and spent every second in his room, where he lived alone, if at all possible.

Once the door was open, the nearly pitch black room was rather dangerous to walk in if you didn't know where to go. There were books all over the floor, sweatshirts and blankets just dropped everywhere. When first walking in, the bathroom was on the right almost like a hotel but going a little farther was a huge living room on the left with a large flat screen TV and a shelf underneath with a number of gaming consoles and games piled up in all different places there, the large couch had several blankets, a table in front of it with a bowl of half eaten popcorn, 4 empty instant noodle cups, 3 controllers to three of the different game consoles and the TV and video player remotes. There was a pile of Manga as tall as the arm rest of the couch right next to it. The kitchen was to the right of the living room and was the room at the end of the hall. It was quite large as well with a counter covered in more empty instant noodle cups, the sink full of unwashed bowls from other snacks, empty bottles of water and empty soda cans. The bathroom was mostly clean with just some dirty clothes on the floor.

Going through the kitchen farther right was the bedroom. There was a king sized bed with Shin sleeping curled up like a cat on the edge. This room had piles of clothes all over the place, dirty ones on the floor, clean ones on the bed, manga and anime DVDs everywhere with a few figurines on the dressers, a desk that had a nice big computer, a blanket draped over the back of the chair and yet again, more instant noodle cups beside the computer. He even had 3 anime posters on the wall of different ones he liked. This kid lived like he never saw sunlight. Maybe the tour would be good for him.

Shin was out like a light still on the bed, facing away from the door and towards the huge window that was blacked out by heavy black curtains that he had on all the windows in his house.

The idea of walking uninvited into Shin's home wasn't one that set particularly well with Mamoru, but there was only so long he could stand here waiting on him. The key resting in his breast pocket was Mamoru's only hope of getting inside at the moment, and with a slight shuffle of items he managed to fish it out with a heavy sigh.

"So much for a positive start." It was an invasion of Shin's privacy, but as of right now Mamoru didn't know just what was expected of him. Clearly there was a reason he had been given a key to this room, and as the lock clicked into place he pushed all of his hesitation aside. A measured smile replaced the anxious expression that had flitted across his features with that first sign of trespass, slowly pushing the door open and bathing the otherwise dark hall with light.

"Shin-kun? Pardon the intrusion..." He stepped inside with a slight bow to nobody at all, hand going to the wall and easily flicking on the light. He was no longer in danger of tripping once he closed the door, surprisingly meek as he entered into this whirlwind of clutter without permission. "A NEET... if you ignore the fact that he's employed..." He spoke entirely to himself as he wandered the room, a bemused smile on his face. Always smiling. That sort of expression was second nature to him now, but this was too much. An awkward chuckle broke through his usual calm demeanor, unsure how to handle the mess he was looking at now.

Irritation crept up on him slowly from behind, fingers twitching and tightening around the box in his hand. He wanted to clean. Needed to clean. Being surrounded by all of this trash was starting to make the back of his neck itch, hair standing on end. Forget being unobtrusive. The idea of leaving his gift and business card for Shin was long forgotten. He could sleep the whole day away as far as Mamoru was concerned. Clutter was one thing, trash was another. He could deal with clutter--he didn't enjoy it, by any means, but he could at least deal with it if he had to--but he couldn't deal with trash.

"I guess work starts early for me..." He was a defeated man, a heavy sigh wiping the smile from his face as he removed his coat. He hadn't wanted to startle Shin by having him wake up with a stranger in his home, but it was too late for that.

-----

Several hours later and he still wasn't finished, sleeves of his shirt rolled up past his elbows as he continued to bury his arms in the dark, soapy water of Shin's sink. The trash had been dealt with at least, bagged up and already run to the curb. At least, what of it Mamoru could reach. He had been careful not to intrude too far into Shin's personal space, not stepping even a single foot into the room where he was sleeping.

His smile was finally back on his face after hours of nonstop work, clothes piled in one corner of the room neatly as the dishes slowly crawled their way towards completion. It was hardly perfect, but it was a marked improvement from when he'd first arrived here. He could hardly be expected to run a vacuum with Shin sleeping in the other room, so this was enough for now. He felt revitalized, having forgotten his trepidation upon first entering.

The box he had been carrying earlier sat waiting in the middle of a freshly cleaned tabletop, yet untouched.

Shin finally started to stir before he simply rolled over, curled up again and went back to sleep. He'd finally be able to catch up on his rest what with no one actually trying to wake him anymore. His apartment key had been transferred from one manager to another under the condition of every single one of them needing to wake the young adult from his deep sleep. Heck, he'd sleep till 5 pm if it was allowed..... Though since he never had a full day off, that was pretty much impossible. Thankfully, he was able to sleep for now while he was being uninterrupted.

The only reason Shin couldn't stay asleep now was because he really had to go to the bathroom. Slowly, his body forced him up and he sleepily wobbled out of the room, his hair a disaster as he unconsciously walked to the bathroom managing to avoid every piece of clutter that was on the floor as he did. Of course, that also meant that he didn't even notice Mamuro who was right there. The boy simply did what he had to and sleepily walked right back to his room and crawled back into bed.

Shintarou snuggled into the warmth and fell right back to sleep not to be woken easily again. He didn't hear anything that was going on in or out of his bedroom and he just continued to sleep. This kid was a rock. If he didn't have a job, there was no doubt that the young man wouldn't see the light of day again. He'd remain holed up in a room somewhere playing games and watching anime.

Just then, there was another call up to the room that went unheard by the owner. It was the front desk calling up to let Shin know that he had two packages just arrive. It was probably easy to guess what they could be. One was a box of instant noodles and the other 6 new Manga he purchased online. Still, they'd be picked up once he managed to wake up.

"So he lives." Or not. Mamoru had thought he'd finally have an opportunity to speak with Shin as he'd finally come wandering out of his room, but that excitement was short-lived. Without a word he had disappeared back into the inky blackness from which he had come, leaving Mamoru standing in the kitchen with a crooked, disbelieving smile. This kid was something else entirely, back in his room before Mamoru could even finish drying his hands. It was...incredible, in a way. A way that Mamoru couldn't quite fathrom, but incredible all the same.

"Alright, noon is the deadline." It was only 11:30 now, but Mamoru wasn't going to wait any longer. He wouldn't be pushed aside like the others, no matter how difficult Shin felt like being. Ducking his hand under a stream of cold water for several moments he finally stepped into Shin's inner sanctuary, walking over to his bed with a hand on his hip.

"I'm going to need you to wake up for me." Reaching out cold fingers were pressed to the side of Shin's neck, hoping to coax him out of his sleep with some degree of subtlety. "It's almost noon. You've slept long enough."

Shin practically jumped a mile in the air as he knocked the hand away from him with a yelp. "Not the neck!!!" He shouted before retreating under the blankets entirely. It was then that he realized he was actually awake and wondered who it was that woke him in such a horrible manner. Jet black hair slowly appeared, followed by a red eye that looked up at the stranger standing over him. It took a minute for everything to register and Shin slid his head back under the covers for a moment.

"You're the new manager... aren't you?" The boy let out a grumble before shifting to the other side of the bed before he actually came out from under the covers and got out of the bed. He hated meeting new people and couldn't even manage to get out of bed on the side someone else was on. Shin stretched himself out before going back to the bathroom to wash his face and wake himself up some more.

Finally, the boy emerged and went to the stove where he grabbed the kettle to start boiling some water. It was only then that he realized something was wrong. "Where's the box... what? What happened to this place?" he was completely confused and walked around looking at how clean it was and that he couldn't find the box of instant noodle cups he had was. Not the best breakfast... or in this case lunch... but it was one of the few things he had in this house. "Did you do this?" he asked looking over at the new manager.

"Good morning to you, too." He greeted Shin with a kind smile, standing straight and pressing his hand to his own neck curiously to see just how horrible the sensation truly was. Honestly, he wasn't impressed. Barely worth getting so worked up about. "You're absolutely correct. I'm Mamoru Ishida, and I'll be looking after you from now on." He didn't seem bothered at all by Shin's attitude, still smiling at him.

He didn't follow him to the bathroom, however, knowing better than to push him any further than he already had. He instead returned to the kitchen, brushing hair back from his face with a contented sigh. He only barely registered Shin's complaining, stepping aside for him as he made his way to the sink. He almost seemed proud of himself when questioned about the state of the apartment, hands on his hips with sleeves still rolled up.

"Anything that wasn't trash I put on the counter. Trash is gone and ready for pickup, and there are doughnuts on the table. They were purchased several hours ago so they aren't as fresh as I would have preferred, but they're all yours." He honestly didn't know if Shin even liked doughnuts, but it was the thought that counted. He wanted to start this relationship off on a positive note, and it was only proper to bring a gift when visiting.

"Do you drink coffee? I didn't grab any this morning, but I can always make some if you'd like."

"I'm not really a coffee kind of guy... Also I'm not suppose to have donuts," he said as he opened the box and pulled one of them out anyway. As an idol he had to watch his weight... though, with the way he ate, it was clear he didn't care or at least, even though what he ate wasn't healthy, he never ate enough to gain the weight. Not to mention he had a really good metabolism and he had dance lessons 4 days a week, and worked out 2 of the other days. The boss just didn't like the idea of him stuffing his gut. Too many idols had lost their careers that way.

"You wan' som tea?" he said with a mouth full of a doughnut. Shin found the instant noodles and pulled one out for the rest of his breakfast and walked over to pull a couple tea bags out of a jar in a cabinet that was full of snacks. He got two mugs ready and set them up before looking over to get an answer. "I only have green tea..." he stated. After finishing the doughnut, Shin was tempted to have another. He lingered close to the box but then he wouldn't end up eating breakfast... oh well. He put the cup of noodles back and grabbed another sweet goodness while waiting for the water to boil for the tea.

Finally, when the kettle started to whistle, Shin turned off the stove and poured water into the cups that needed it, over the teabags to let them draw a little quicker. The boy started to stuff his face with the second doughnut and waited for the tea to draw as he placed one hand over his neck where it was touched. It wasn't that it was something terrible, Shin just had a really sensitive neck that he hated anyone to touch him. "Ishida-San? Why'd you clean my apartment?" he didn't sound angry but was still thrown off by it all. No manager cared in that way. They just woke him up, dragged him out of his room and forced him to work even when he didn't feel comfortable.

"It's been a while since I had any tea. Probably a bit healthier for me than coffee, so I'll take you up on the offer." Pulling out a chair he moved to sit down, straightening his sleeves once more. "As far as what you're allowed to have, I believe that's up to your manager. So long as you don't make yourself sick I don't see the harm in eating well from time to time." It seemed as if no one had bothered to take Shin seriously until now, which would explain their current situation. It was no wonder that he had such trouble making a proper debut, regardless of what Seo believed.

"As far as cleaning, I only did it because it bothered me." That was the long and the short of it, truly.

"In any case, it's my job to look after you and it certainly isn't good for you to be living in such a dirty environment. It could make you sick. Heaven knows it made me feel ill." He laughed--a warm, sociable laugh--warming his fingers around the cup Shin had poured for him. "Then again, I've always been a bit of an oddball."

He laughed earnestly, remembering a story from his past.

Shin started to feel really uncomfortable around this man. He was so social... too social... sure, in most cases that was for the best because he was so different that it was the manager that had to address a crowd directly, or talk to others looking to negotiate things so in a way, his personality fit the job... However, Shin didn't like being around people that outgoing. They'd get comfortable around him and expect him to go out and do more, be more social... That was something that down right terrified Shin to the point of wanting to throw up. His shyness wasn't a case of lack of exposure... he was diagnosed with social anxiety and doctors wanted to put him on some pills but it wasn't good image for an idol to be popping pills before going in front of a crowd. What if the media saw that? This was why it never got better.

"I don't mind it being messy..." he admitted. Though, the apartment had gone beyond messy some time back and was down right dirty. "So, you're going to start managing my private life too?" he asked not particularly caring one way or another but he wanted to see the other's reaction to the thought. His room was the one place Shin could be himself without judgement and now he had a manager that wanted to control it. As long as the man kept a certain distance, it wouldn't be all that bad but Shin asked anyway. How far would he try to push himself into a life of someone who didn't want anything to do with anyone? The male downed his tea and checked the time. It was only noon now... There were still at least 3 hours before they had to make it to the CD signing to get set up and ready to go.

Glancing over, Shin wondered what this man had planned for the next few hours. Did he plan on taking Shin outside or want him to hang out inside and observe him... probably not the latter, after all, the boss did tell Ishida to take him out to see some sights. In all his time living in this city, Shin hadn't gone to any of the tourist spots.... Though, in his case, that was equivalent to a death sentence.

"Can I just play my game until we have to go?"

His face fell, a look of genuine surprise in his eyes as they followed after Shin. "You seem to have a skewed view of what it is a manager does. Have they really been so terrible to you in the past?" he asked quietly, taking a sip from his tea. "Personally, I have no intention of interfering with your life. Your life is your own, and our relationship is strictly professional." He peeled back the lid of the box he'd brought with him, glancing inside absently as he spoke. There were still several left, which seemed a real shame.

"I don't mind if you play, if that's what you want to do. Your free time is your own, like I said. However..." He took another drink of his tea, sighing happily from the bitter warmth of it as he set it back on the table. "I do have some questions for you. Simple ones, don't worry. First question." He leaned forward onto one hand, holding up a single finger and staring at Shin evenly. His expression was serious, silence hanging in the air for several moments.

"Are you done with those?" His finger shifted to point at the box of doughnuts he'd brought, breaking into a playful smile.

"They've never cared. As long as I got from place to place, they got paid. That's all that mattered." Shin didn't even seem upset by it. Right now he seemed to be alright talking to this manager... Maybe it was because of the fact that they were getting to know each other in his house and that Ishida was nice enough to actually clean the place up for him. The male was warming up a lot faster than he usually did and while they didn't mix well personality wise, at least this one was tolerable and gave off a good vibe that he could handle this job for more than just the unusually high pay.

It was shocking to get the OK to play his games and not be forced to go out and do the normal things stars wanted to do. Shin's eyes were a bit wide at being told it was alright and got up to go over to play. However, he was stopped when it was clear that Ishida had something else to add. He looked back but then was told that he needed to answer questions. This he didn't want to do but the least he could do was hear the man out. Shin nodded slightly and there was a long pause before the first question was asked and when it was, he let out a small sigh.

"You brought them, you can have some. I'm full for now," he stated and walked over to the couch where he turned on the TV and his game system of choice and then sat on the couch with the controller and placed the blanket that was there over him. Getting snuggled in, the male played a simple action adventure game that he had always loved the series of. "Next question?" He still seemed willing which was impressive for anyone to manage to do.

"I normally don't do breakfast, but I think at this point I can call it lunch." Taking one he stood from his seat, moving over to where Shin was sitting and leaning over the couch. He didn't want to waste a question asking whether he could sit with him or not, so for now he'd stand. It wasn't too bad, anyway, giving him a chance to stretch. "I hadn't really intended to steal your gift, but I have a bit of a weakness for this sort of thing."

For a moment he just watched as Shin loaded up his game, eating his doughnut without comment. He was going to use his next question to ask what it was he was playing, but he...didn't really have to. He knew this series, from what little free time he had, leaning in a bit more with a slight smile.

"Question number 2, then." He glanced over at Shin, already halfway through his doughnut. "What would you say was your favorite game?" All of his work related questions could be answered by either Seo or the internet, so he wouldn't bother with that sort of thing. Only Shin could answer silly questions like these, even if they seemed pointless.

"Are you a reporter?" This wasn't the first time someone had posed as a manager and got a really dirty scoop on one of the other idols a few floors down and ruined his career. That was also part of why the security for the building increased and they did thorough background checks of all employees, as well as signing contracts stating that nothing they learn from the private life of the idols could be in any way fed to the media or they had right to press charges. "My favorite is this one," He reached over and grabbed a game box off the floor to show his manager.

"I've already beaten it three times but that's because it has four different endings," he quickly explained. He already knew what the fourth ending was which was why he didn't beat it the last time. "I don't want to play the last ending because I'd have to kill all my friends in the game," he put simply. All this time, he was still able to watch the TV and move accordingly. He really did enjoy this game a lot to.

Shin then waited for the next question. There was no reason to ask any questions of his own because he really wasn't curious... That's the thing about Shin, he's use to answering questions but never asking them. He would find out about the person as time went on. No point in prying into his life for no reason but it was understandable that he would want to know what makes the person he'd be in charge of tick.

"I'd have to be one pathetic reporter if these are the sorts of questions I'm looking to publish. If you want, I have my business card on the table. You'll need it if you ever need to get in contact with me. Work cell is on the front, and I left you my personal number on the back. In case I ever forget to answer. You can also text me whenever you'd like, but I'm an old, washed up idol. I can't imagine why you'd ever want to." His doughnut was gone by the time he finished talking, reaching to gingerly lift the case that Shin had shown him earlier. So this was the sort of game he enjoyed? Perhaps he'd try it some time...

"Putting my dubious credentials aside, it's time for another question. Do you ever play social games online? MMOs or party games... Either of those?" Personally he dabbed a bit in both, although party games were normally a drunken affair with his friends. His old band mates, usually. Other past coworkers and stars, on occasion.

"No," Shin stated flatly. "I play games similar but never with actual people.. only with the computer. I like games with stories that I can play myself," he admitted. That was the most open he'd ever been about how much he hated being social even if it was over a game. The male, however, was surprised to find that Ishida had been an idol. See, he'd get information on the manager even without asking any questions.

After admitting that he didn't even play video games online with strangers, a ping of loneliness shot through his heart. The male let go of the controller with one hand and placed it against his chest.... That was really odd... In all his life of living like a NEET, that was the first time he'd ever had the feeling of loneliness. "When's my next concert?" he asked suddenly trying to focus on the game again. Clearly Shin was done with the twenty questions. He didn't like the feeling he got and so, this was his way of sheltering himself again. Though, concerts were the worst for his social anxiety so it was a bit odd that he was asking unless he was looking forward to seeing someone or something... Maybe a girlfriend or his family?

"You've got another concert at the end of the week." He was a little surprised by the sudden shift in conversation topic, but didn't let it get him down. He hadn't been asking idle questions without purpose, crossing his arms over the back of the couch as he leaned against it. "Shin-kun." He kept a respectful distance between them even as he tried a casual conversation, an expert at reading the room in situations like these.

"Would you play with me? Here or online. I have connections to a number of private servers, so there wouldn't be anyone there but us. I think you'd be surprised by how interesting they can be." Shin would be wise not to underestimate the connections he could make in this business. Connections Mamoru could make for him. Privileges he could take advantage of without ever needing to step outside his room. Being an idol was hard work, but Mamoru was here now to help alleviate that pressure. A happy idol was the best thing he could ask for.

"Tell me, do you like the events Mr. Seo has been scheduling for you? Things like tonight's signing."

He was pretty sure he knew what the answer would be.

Damn... that concert was really close... looks like they were stuffing everything in before the tour that was in a month. Still, what could he do? He paused for a second as his name was called in such a formal manner... not many people did that. Anyway, the conversation shifted to the games again and it irritated him beyond belief. "No," he stated without hesitation. Though, Shin was gripping his controller tighter and he seemed almost upset that Mamoru was still pushing him to play games with other people.

"I thought our relationship was strictly professional," he nearly snapped. "I like one player games, simple as that." Private server or not, Shin didn't want to play games with others and was too afraid of making any kind of connections. Technically he already had some with his own position but he didn't care and didn't consider them at all.

"I don't.... I don't like how much he drags me around. He keeps saying that I should get a girlfriend and create an image but I don't like girls. They're loud and clingy." There was the reason he didn't bring anyone home or why he didn't care that his room was such a mess.

"It was a question of business, if you'll hear me out. I want to clear your schedule as much as possible. Mr. Seo may be good at scouting talent, but he's no replacement for a proper manager." He stood straight again, walking around to the front of the couch and motioning towards the empty seat in an askance of permission. It was awkward to be talking from behind him, and Mamoru took the seat once he was sure it wouldn't upset its original occupant. Seeing him move away was a little troublesome, but he understood. That was the type of person Shin seemed to be.

"Regardless, Mr. Seo is absolutely right about needing to find you an image, but he obviously hasn't done this before. Creating an image isn't that simple, and it isn't a joke." He was honestly irritated at how poorly Shin's career had been handle up until this point, a crack forming in the pleasant smile he'd held even through the most tense of moments. "You can't build an image without knowing your star first. Trying to find you a girlfriend is just...reckless." His voice was laced with a heavy sigh, his disappointment in Seo clear in his tone.

"Shin-kun, I've been through this process a dozen times or so, both as a manager and as a star. Do you think you can trust my judgment?"

"I can make this job a lot less tedious for you."

"Y-You want me to have more free time? B-But... I'd waste it here... at least, that's what Seo-san says." Shin was nervous as to what was going to happen. He worked better when his schedule was tight, that way he could just go from one event to the next and would be too tired to psych himself out and make himself nervous or anything like that... That was part of the reason days like these were so hard because the event was later in the day and he wasn't sure what he could do, how many people would be there, who he'd have to talk to.

Shin's hands started shaking and because of it, he was killed by a monster in his game. He put the controller back on the table and just pulled the blanket around him again. "I don't want to go anywhere today..." he mumbled. "I... I can't do this..." he whispered clearly making himself more and more miserable. Shin tucked himself in a bit more, pulling up his knees and lowering his head.

"I... I don't trust well... I don't do well around others... I don't think I can have a public image...." Shin had zero confidence in himself which was a direct result of him being a NEET... or maybe it was the other way around.