The Hunt and Chase (18+ Crimson and Exellda)

StainedCrimson

109251447catamancer_sabertooth_by_tamberella-d9igqao.jpg

Name: Rin Oshiro

DOB: Dec. 17, 1986

Build: Athletic, tall, slightly thick muscle

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 260 lbs

Hair color: Black

-Type: Thick

-Length: Medium

Eyes: Hazel/Golden

Complexion: Fair

Piercings: Right ear

Marital status: Single

Race: Were/Shifter

Family: None known

Alternate Form: Saber Tooth Tiger

With a yawn Rin looks up and over as rising chatter reaches him. Letting out a soft huff he stretches out then stands up. Deciding that his peace time is over, he decides that he'll head home for the day so s to not suffer through the sounds of the fresh meat being put through their paces. Chuffing in amusement he trots back to the building while thinking of what today's class may be regarding if they're outside.

Realizing that he's misjudged the time when he's greeted with screams, scurrying and a variety of other panicked responses as he comes out of the woods. Ears going back, he gives the group an irritated snarl and gives a faux lunge at them to send the other scrambling back and falling over themselves. Giving an amused sound he slips into the building where he shifts back into his human form.

Taking a quick shower he then heads out. "Now let's see.... Today I need to take stock and place orders before getting things ready." Plan set he heads out and begins his preparations for opening his small restaurant for the dinner time.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Exellda

• StainedCrimson

rare_white_tiger-wide.jpg

Name: Hayes Flynn

DOB: Nov. 30, 1991

Build: Somewhat athletic, shorter than he would like to be, medium/light build

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 160 lbs

Hair color: Blond

-Type: Thin but fluffy

-Length: Medium

Eyes: Heterochromia: Green right eye, Blue left eye

Complexion: Fair

Piercings: None

Marital status: Single

Race: Were/Shifter

Family: Mom, dad, no siblings

Alternate Form: White Tiger

Today was mostly spent finding out where everything was. As a full time student and now employee of the college he was now attending, Hayes had taken up a lot of responsibility. Being transferred here was a dream come true. People like him, shifters, could attend and not have to fear. A shifter only college, where it was okay to be your true self and not be judged nor caged.

Among other things, after a long day at the college, as soon as he got to his new apartment he had to continue to unpack. It was freaking expensive to get everything moved here. Plus, he had moved here on his own. Actually, Hayes had been living on his own for a while now. His parents were in a different country right now, mostly on business. Hayes found himself completely supporting himself, by himself. Apartment, food, college, everything. Being an adult sucked.

Being unfamiliar with the area, Hayes had planned on venturing out and go to exploring. But first, Hayes wanted to get a little unpacked. He was already feeling kind of tired- exhausted. On one hand, it was nice that he didn't have much to unpack, on the other hand... He didn't have very many things... Which meant that he would have to buy things... and food... Because he had nothing to eat currently.

Leaning back with a satisfied huff, Rin finishes marking things down for inventory alongside one of his employees. Taking the other's board with the counts on them he glances at the numbers so he can get an idea of what to place orders for first. "Alright. I'll go ahead and start placing orders while you and Cammi get the shop ready for opening. I'll be out once I'm done."

With a chuckle and salute the other nods. "Yes sir!" With a scoff and rolling his eyes, Rin gives Damien a light shove but still almost knocks the other over. Parting ways Rin heads to the back to start filling and submitting forms as well as documenting all the paperwork to keep track of costs and inventory. Meanwhile the two employees clean the tatami mats before setting out the cushions and legless chairs for the low tables, and mopping the floors before putting down the stools for the cooking station bar area. Once the tables and counters are wiped off, the cash register prepped, and they begin filling some of the food prep stations, Rin joins them to help finish before the lights are turned on and the sign flipped to open as well as the sign listing the daily specials is put out in front of the shop.

Not long after that the smells of food being cooked and prepped waft out of the curtains acting as the only barrier into the small restaurant. Within minutes the small traditional Japanese dining shop has several customers with Cami doing most of the waitressing while Rin and Damien focus on doing the cooking and meal prep. While popular with humans due to the good food and decent pricing, it is also popular with shifters due to being close to the nearby school and its staff all being some sort of shifter.

It's an unspoken rule that the place is neutral ground and no fighting is allowed, and anyone disrupting the peace will be thrown out and banned immediately. Fortunately that was spread quickly through the shifter community and so after only the first few incidents no others have occurred. By shifters that is. Humans still get drunk and cause some minor issues, but for the most part, they to, follow the unspoken rule despite not consciously realizing it is there.

Opening another box, Hayes found himself pulling out some kitchen supplies. Unfortunately for him, he didn't have any reason to use such supplies yet... There was no food in his kitchen yet... Hayes knew that he would have to go out to eat tonight. It wasn't a bad thing necessarily, except he would have to look around to find either a grocery store or restaurant. As a were, Hayes was sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find a place. He had a knack for finding food.

Hayes was the kind of guy who was literally fueled by food. He was happy when he was full and he was moody when he was hungry. When he had something to eat, he behaved more to say the least. So after tiring himself out and managing to get nearly everything unpacked his stomach told him he had waited long enough to eat. His stomach was rumbling and talking to him. With a sigh Hayes stopped all that he was doing. "Damn, I am starving..." The blond male hunched over and slipped on his shoes. He then pulled out his headphone, plugging them into his phone. Taking a moment to glance through his music, he pressed play and then went on his way.

Once outside of his apartment, he used his phone to look up where the nearest restaurant was. "Hmmn, seems there is a Japanese joint nearby." He uttered to himself. And he began to walk. Using the directions from his phone, he was able to figure out that the restaurant was actually a block and a half away. Well that was easy. Hayes had the feeling that he would eat here all the time... Depending on the food quality and the price.

Upon arriving at the place- hell, he didn't even have to walk inside before the intoxicating smell of food assaulted his nostrils. His mouth was already watering. With food completely on the mind, Hayes wandered inside. What he saw was... Wow. Hayes thought this place was kind of cute. It was simply decorated with cute, short tables and legless chairs. It was a small restaurant, cozy and warm. Hayes liked it. The only thing he was unsure about was whether he was supposed to sit himself or wait for a waiter to seat him. He had never been in a place like this, but oh man, the food smelled yummy. Food was honestly driving him right now and it was all he really cared for.

When Hayes walks into the restaurant, Cammi immediately goes over with a large smile. "Hello! Welcome to Rinha's. Would you like to sit at a table or the counter?" She chirps. As a bird shifter she is naturally energetic and outgoing which is why she makes an excellent hostess. Though the fact she's not a predator bird, like a hawk, helps as well. After Hayes gives his preference he is seated and given a menu. "I will be back with some water. Please take your time looking over our menu."

She flits away and bounces around the tables checking on customers making her seem more like a social butterfly than a bird, something that Rin has often teased her about. Cammi soon returns with a glass of water as promised. "My name is Cammi and the other waiter is Damien. When you are ready to order just tap the button the table and one of us will come right over." A hand waves at a button about the size of a deck of cards, that's only slightly raised above the table's surface. The button allows for the customers to signal the staff when they need them instead of feeling bothered or ignored by their servers. This also allows the staff more freedom and ability to see to a large amount of guests more efficiently.

When Hayes finally chooses his order and taps the button, Cammi returns and turns it in. When the order is finally reached and prepared, Cammi is in the middle of tending to other guests and Damien is still cooking another order. With a disgruntled huff Rin gathers up the order on a tray and heads over to take it out. With how much his place's popularity is growing he may need to see about hiring a part-timer to help with the rush hours.

"Alright, here you are." Crouching down slightly due to his height, he swiftly sets out the meal on the table. "Do you need anything else?" He asks glancing over at the customer. Blinking slightly fast is the only outward sign of his surprise at seeing a tiger in his shop. Those aren't too common amongst their kind, but then most high predators have lower birth rates as it is harder for them to get pregnant even when a high quality seed.

That is one of the trade offs within their society, those lower on the rung are weaker and of lower status but in return have higher birth rates whereas those higher on the rung may be more powerful and influential with lower birthing rates.

Wow. What excellent service this restaurant had. From the start he was warmly greeted by a upbeat woman. She got him settled in really quick. Got him a menu, water and a nice seat towards the back end. Now he could watch any of the other guest that walked in. Normally Hayes wasn't the type to sit in the middle of the room. He felt like people were always watching him... And it might have had to do with the fact that he wasn't all that great at hiding his shifting abilities...

Ordering his meal was literally so easy. He absolutely loved the calling system. Now he didn't feel too bad. All he had to do was push the button and within a minute the waitress was back. So far his wait there had been pleasant. However, his stomach felt like it was eating itself as he waited for his food. His mouth was watering the whole time as he reluctantly waited patiently for his food.

Only... When his food was brought to him, it wasn't the bubbly waitress... No, it was- dare he say, a very attractive man... Who, well... To say the least Hayes had a very surprised expression on his face. This guy was a shifter too, one that probably had a pedigree of its own. Nevertheless, still a branch of his own kind. A tiger. A saber tooth... Which was extremely fucking rare. How the hell did a guy like this even exist?

Hayes slipped off his headphones, which had been covering his ears... and now revealed that his ears were that of a tigers. Meanwhile, Hayes clearly hadn't even noticed that his ears were shifted. Two things were greatly distracting him. One, hunger. Two, the man in front of him. On instinct, his mouth started moving without him even thinking about it. "Yeah... Can I have your phone number and possibly a date?" He asked rather boldly, mostly out of curiosity. Yes, this guy had an obvious higher standing in their culture, that didn't mean that Hayes couldn't ask him out. The only thing was that people like this saber tooth, Hayes found to be assholes because of their rarity. The old, I'm too good for you, so too speak.

Without missing a beat, however, he added, "I'll buy you a drink." He said with a wink, his ears twitching with interest. "Never thought I'd meet someone kind of like me." And when he said 'kind of', he meant it. There were not many were tigers in existence, let alone a fucking saber tooth... While he spoke, his hands were reaching for the plate that was set in front of him, his stomach having a mind of it's own, clearly controlling him. He wasn't usually this straightforward but... He didn't know unless he tried. His eyes never left the other male though, as he... thought he found something new and appetizing...

At the question Rin blinks then raises an eyebrow, clearly not impressed. "Perhaps once you learn to keep these hidden, hmm?" He asks dryly with a faint hint of a smirk as he tugs on a now visible ear. "Fortunately for you most normal customers think I get cosplayers in or that its a trend." His gaze drifts to one of the nearest 'normal' or human who is happily eating his meal without either seeming to notice or care. "That said, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't draw too much attention." He gives a bright false smile before standing after setting down the food.

Turning, he glances back over his shoulder. "Are you even old enough to drink?" He asks genuinely curious before frowning. "Damien, fireside combo with an extra wasabi." He calls out while getting back behind the counter. As he gets back to the cooking area, a group of wolves enter and they are only able to sit near a couple who are clearly part feline and something else. When they sit near each other it is clear that there is immediate tension, but for now they seem content to ignore each other.

Thankfully Cammi seems able to keep things going and toned down for now. Of course the reputation his place has helps, but when situations like this arise all of them are extra vigilant to make sure nothing gets out of hand. With so many shifters in tonight its clear that the term has started at the nearby school. It's always roughest that first month or two with all the young and new shifters in town before they learn more control.

His gaze drifts over the tiger that had seemed to blurt out the come on to him. That must be why he's here. Honestly the kid is kind of cute in that clumsy and inexperienced way. Perhaps he'll give the kid a shot if he hangs around. Not many have the guts to approach him due to what he is, so for that if nothing else the other has caught his attention. Although, now that he thinks about it it might just be that he hasn't gone out and had sex in awhile.

Maybe I'm just pent up? Rin muses to himself idly while continuing to help cook and serve when Cammi and Damien get too busy, or if he feels that everyone needs a reminder of why they should be civil. It works as, despite the glares with low growls, no fights break out inside or outside of the restaurant. Eventually last call is set out and the crowd dies down then is gone while clean up and closing procedures are being done.

"Alright, I'll see you two tomorrow night." Rin calls out while wiping his hands with a clean cloth. Cammi and Damien grin before speaking up. "So you have a class tomorrow huh boss?" Shaking his head and chuckling, he shoos at the two. "Yeah, the price I pay for getting to use the grounds I suppose." He pauses as though thinking. "Or having friends." Grinning he shuts and locks the door behind the two before heading up to his apartment above his shop.

The next day a professor greets the class. "Hello students. Your regular professor is out for the day, but luckily for you we have another very qualified teacher on standby who's willing to deal with you all. I would like for you to meet Oshiro-san." With that Rin steps out into the open and gives a slow predatory grin. "Hello."

At first Hayes had been hopeful and very surprised when the other male leaned towards him but no... He was actually there to poke fun at his ears. Damn, he felt like a fool. Had he realize that his ears were poking out, he would have shifted them back before trying to use a pickup line on the other guy. Hell, how did he know the other guy was interested in men? At least he wasn't an asshole about it, if he wasn't. Although, his instincts told him that he was barking up the correct tree. In fact, he swore he could see an amused smirk on the other man's face. What was his name again..?

Honestly, nothing about the cook bothered him... up until he mentioned something about his age. While he knew that he had a 'baby' face, or so he's been told... that didn't mean he was that young. Hell, he wouldn't have offered alcohol if he was underage. "I'll have you know I'm 23!" He nearly shouted when the cook left him. But he didn't pursue the man any farther as his stomach requested food once more. Making sure that his ears hadn't changed back, Hayes held his tongue, resisting the urge to go find that guy and... Hayes honestly couldn't decide if he wanted sex or to give that guy a piece of his mind. He was definitely frustrated to say the least... His meal was fantastic though... So it was hard to stay mad at him when his cooking was so damned good. It okay... Hayes thought. I'll see him tomorrow... He was already planning to come back tomorrow... Just to see the shifter again. He didn't get an answer from him at all. No name, phone number, date or even a drink... Hayes would definitely come back tomorrow...

At some point some asshole shifters came in, making the whole place feel tense. Hayes just kept quiet because he wasn't in the mood for a brawl, that, and for the simple fact that he felt that he shouldn't fight here. There was also the cook that he may or may not want to impress... And he was sure that starting a fight was not the way to go. And so, Hayes ate his food in peace, leaving a nice tip for the waitress before leaving quietly.

Once at home, Hayes laid out a sleeping bag for tonight. His furniture would be arriving tomorrow, which totally sucked. "I suppose it's a good thing that the cook didn't take my invitation, unless we could go to his place... Still, I don't even know what got into me right then..." Hayes said before shrugging. "Oh well, I suppose. He was hot... I guess my hunger got to me... In more ways than one apparently." Maybe if he was lucky he would be able to relieve his needs... Damn he was exhausted... For now, he would sleep and worry about school and the cook tomorrow morning.

---

To say the least, Hayes thought his day was going well until he found himself at his 'P.E.' class.... or so he called it. Normally, he might have been looking forward to this because he could shift and not have to worry about normal people freaking out... However, it wasn't as joyful as he thought it would be. Okay, it wasn't that he hated what was happening. The professor was out and so now they had a substitute... And it wouldn't have been bad if it was literally any other guy than the one he flirted with yesterday... He actually felt more embarrassed more than anything. He hoped he wouldn't be noticed... However he knew that there was a high chance... "Shit..." He muttered under his breath.

At least he had some sort of name. Probably his last name but that was better than nothing. Among everyone else, he was actually on the shorter side. Hayes was nearly the shortest guy there. As for the woman, he was taller than probably four of them. To say the least, Hayes felt a little conscious of the idea that he was short... And he was even more conscious of it now because the substitute, Oshiro, was at least a foot taller. He would bet he was a fucking foot taller... Here we go. Hayes felt conflicted. On one hand he was excited to have this class, and a little excited that the hot cook from the other night would be the one who would be teaching the class... However, on the other hand... he wondered how this little situation would roll out considering he tried to flirt with him the other night...

Looking over the group, he initially fights to keep a semi-pleasant look on his face. On the inside though he's dreaming of sharpening his claws on his friend. That asshole had better hope I don't need to cover for his whole vacation... He inwardly growls. Teaching children how to learn control and develop their skills is not how he wanted to spend his day when it was a good day to be hunting or enjoying himself on the grounds.

With an internal sigh he resigns himself to the task before perking up as he spots the little tiger from last night. This time a grin appears, though it becomes a bit more predatory than welcoming even as he tries to keep it toned down. Well now... He thinks, and if he were in his saber tooth form, his tail would be moving around to show his interest. Things just got a bit fun. As he thinks this the annoying person introducing him finally claps his hands together. "So with that I will leave you in Oshiro-san's care."

Turning, the man walks away without any further thought. Taking long leisurely strides, Rin is soon before the class and looks them over as if debating which one to eat first. "So, you're the latest class huh?" Clearly it is rhetorical as he continues on. "This means I get the wonderful opportunity to try and help teach you all how to hone your predatory instincts and control them." His grin hardens slightly as he starts to walk along the line of students. There really aren't that many of them to Rin's relief. "Know this right now, I am not like your other professors who will coddle you or take pity on you. There is no room for error out there with the humans and as such I will do my best to make sure that, when I'm teaching you, it will help you prepare for that."

His look turns downright evil as he stops in the middle of them and looks at them, briefly catching the cute little tiger's eye from last night. "That means getting you to learn to control your form at all times." With that there is suddenly the sound of clothes ripping right before a large Saber Tooth Tiger lunges towards them with a loud roar. In this form he is the nearly the size of a military grade hummer. His head is eye level with about where his human head is at and his largest fangs are thick enough to where very few, if any, would be able to wrap a single hand around.

Chuffing in amusement he swipes at the students, claws sheathed, and overall tortures those that shift due to being startled. Of which it is almost guaranteed that all of them did and so he makes a nuisance of himself for a good bit of time before ducking around a corner and then coming back out once more human and dressed. "Now then, come back here and shift back and tell me what you all learned from this." His tone and expression is no longer amused, but neither is it harsh. With a fairly neutral, and vaguely empathetic, expression he waits for the students to come back ans start sharing what they experienced.

Some, of course, say nothing but stare in awe at their teacher for shifting so fast and what he is. Others offer tentative comments such as 'be prepared for anything' or muttered comments like 'you're a dick.' He lets this o on for a few moments before waving them silent. "The point is that no matter what happens you must try to keep control at all times. However, there are times where you will need to think on your feet or will have to shift. This could be due to either yourself or someone you care for being in danger." He starts to pace slightly as he lectures. "That said, you must be aware of the consequences of doing so. If you reveal yourself to a human then it is not just yourself you reveal, but our kind as a whole. You may have heard this before, but it is important that this risk be something you are always aware of as it could mean a war for our kind and wars are never kind or forgiving."

Stopping he looks them over to drive home how serious this point is. With a low huff as if not satisfied with what he sees he has them count off. "Alright, evens you are the hunters and odds are the prey. You have 20 minutes to play a game of "hide-n-seek" before we switch. Whoever is the most successful in each round will get a prize. For the hunters that means those who find the most and for the prey it means if you survive the duration without being found. Now go!" he gives the signal for them to start.

Man... Oshiro seemed like a cocky man. There was something about this second impression of him that made Hayes want to purposely defy him. Yes, he still had his initial attraction to the man... But damn, he felt the need to prove himself... Like this was some sort of challenge. Hayes felt like Oshiro was picking on the class just because he was a special tiger...If his speech said anything about what would happen while he was teaching, Hayes had the feeling he would have his work cut out for him... Despite this, Hayes felt more than ready to accept the challenge that was Oshiro. He would be a hell of a guy, a beast to tame- if taming was such a thing for him.

Hayes felt like this guy was trying to scare him and out of everyone in the class, he was probably the least afraid. No, he didn't even flinch when Oshiro gave everyone his 'evil grin'- nor did he shift when Oshiro shifted. Hayes actually took a step back, gasping in surprise as well as shock that he would shift so effortlessly in front of everyone. Then again, it took him a moment to realize that everyone here was a shifter, so this was no issue at all. Honestly, Hayes was rather amazed to see a saber tooth tiger. This was the first time he had ever seen one, let alone someone who could shift it. Oshiro was amazingly huge, fairly scary looking- but overall, Hayes knew that he was just another big cat, much like him. Sure, Oshiro was special, however, just because he was special, didn't mean that Hayes was afraid of him. He was one of the only people who didn't shift.

The were tiger thought about his own form, he knew that Oshiro was much bigger than he was- both in height and in size. Yeah... Starting a fight with this guy probably would be a super bad idea. Hayes had the feeling he would lose, very sorely. After Oshiro made an ass of himself in front of the class- most who had shifted out of fear- he had gone around a corner and then reappeared fully clothed. Well, at least he was prepared... Hayes scoffed, of course, of course... this guy was a total show off. Why did he want his attention again? Hayes almost forgot why he wanted to get this guy's number. He couldn't judge the guy though, they barely knew each other... For all he knew, he could be a decent guy... Oshiro did give decent advice and he was at least willing to work with them. Surely he wasn't too bad. In the end, Hayes still intended to have sex with him, that feeling was not faltering for whatever reason.

All Hayes could do was chuckle softly, "Asshole..." He muttered softly under his breath. What did Oshiro expect for showing off like that? Eh, well, to say the least everyone was more alert. "Hmmn?" And now they had to play hide-and-seek? What lame shit is this? Well... "I suppose I'll play along..." He said quietly, mostly to himself. Hayes was an even for the first found and therefore was a hunter. He decided to play it safe at first and he fooled around in his human form. Finding people very easily.

During the next round, he had to play as a hider... Which Hayes chose to shift by then. Hayes played smart and instead of tearing his clothes, he went ahead and pulled off his shirt, then his pants and socks- and from there he transformed. Sure, he tore his underwear, but that didn't bother him. If anything, he also brought some gym clothes... because he thought that they would be doing actual 'P.E' thing while in human form... So at least he would have a spare set of clothes... He made the mental note to continue to bring spare clothes.

While playing the 'hider' Hayes knew that he would have a hard time blending in. Actually, he didn't care too much about winning... Mostly he had his different colored eyes on Oshiro- growling at anyone else who got near him. Meanwhile he watched the other man from afar. Once that round was over... Hayes decided that this would be the round that he would actually try and hunt. And sure, he found and caught a couple of people... but that wasn't the goal. Hayes was trying with all of his might to let someone else take the win... Or at least distract Oshiro enough...

To be fair, Hayes found himself patiently sneaking up on the man. Hell, he wasn't quiet sure how he ended up here but here he was... Stalking the professor. Hayes was hunched down as low as he could to the ground. Even if Oshiro could sense him, Hayes merely wanted to play around with him. His tail was a sure sign of his playful mood. Yes, once Hayes decided that he was close enough, he made the lunge for Oshiro- his claws retracted as he clearly had no intention to hurt him. The white tiger tackled the man down to the ground with a growl. There, he did it, he had pounced on the man. Honestly Hayes was literally a big cat. The white tiger sniffed the male below him, as if laughing and saying 'I got you, haha- take that.'

Rin grows increasingly irritated as he feels the tiger from last night staring at him. Did the other really think he was being stealthy or that he could hunt someone while staring lasers into them? Holding in a derisive snort he keeps checking on how the rounds are progressing. For the most part he is pleased to see genuine attempts from most of the students. Some clearly thrive in one role, but others in the opposite. And of course there are some that fail horribly at both.

When time is up he lifts his fingers to his lips and lets out a shrill whistle to have them round up. "Alright! Last round over now come on in!" He hollers out and gives everyone time to either get their clothes or come down from spending time in forms they probably don't get to utilize often. "Good work everyone. Some of you did very well, others of you didn't do well at all." The students visibly deflate at that, but Rin gives them a faint smile. "However, all of you need work and have promise. As long as you continue to put in the time and effort you'll come along just fine." This of courses them to perk back up and even get a little bold with some.

A student steps forward, a tad cocky but mostly overly eager, asks what is on the mind of all of those gathered. "So Oshiro-san, what are the prizes?" The others nod eagerly and as Rin opens his mouth to respond, he senses the tiger finally deciding to join them. Shifting, he grabs the student that had stepped forward and before anyone realizes it, Hayes has tackled the unfortunate kid to the ground instead of his intended target. Ignoring the minor-irritation, Rin continues on without pause and points out a few students. "You are the ones that I noticed putting forth the most effort and doing well. As a reward you get one free meal from Rinha's and a private lesson from me to help work on your shift time."

A small smile appears on his face. "Good job and well done. When you come to Rinha's we can work on setting up a time for a lesson." Looking over the rest he continues on. "Take note, hard work isn't fun and doesn't always have come with recognition, but with me" he pauses and gives a wider grin. "you at least stand a good chance of getting at least a free meal out of it." This causes a bit of laughter as he then dismisses the class.

Glancing back at the tiger, his eyes go cool and his smile vanishes. "You're also free to go and if you don't think I have anything of value to teach, feel free to not attend any other classes I'll be filling in for." With that he turns and leaves to go into the school. He leaves a note telling his friend to go fuck himself then heads to work for the night. Getting back to his place, he pauses to take in deep breath. As he lets it out, the tension visibly fades and soon a faint smile is on his face as he goes about his normal routine.

With a bit of an amused huff he notices the students from class coming in, and not just the ones that won the dinner. They sit near the cooking station and Rin is willing to chat with them as they eat. Compared to class he's much more relaxed and has a small smile as he cooks and talks.

When Hayes had pounced on the guy, he truly thought that he caught Oshiro. However, if he had been honest with himself he should have seen this coming. Of course Oshiro had other plans- most of which seemed to be any way to avoid Hayes. The white tiger found himself on some other student and he quickly got off of him. While he wasn't entirely sorry for tackling another student, he did feel a strong urge to try and get Oshiro again but he knew that he wasn't going to get him if he hadn't gotten him the first time.

Hayes almost felt offended that Oshiro pushed another student in the way. He didn't let it get to him too much, after all, he wasn't really trying to get Oshiro... But man, was he a mood killer. Maybe he was immature but Hayes thought having a little fun wouldn't hurt... Apparently he was dead wrong. No, this guy had a stick up his ass when it came to his job as a substitute. Sure, at first he wasn't too concerned with the prizes Oshiro was offering, but then he had to give two actually decent prizes... Both of which Hayes really wanted to take advantage of. Free food, hell! He wanted free food. That would always help him out, especially financially! And private lessons? Well, to say the least Hayes had an idea or two of what he could be doing during a private lesson.

Either way, he was starting to get the vibe that he wasn't appreciated nor wanted in this situation. The tone of which Oshiro talked to him absolutely pissed him off. It wasn't like he didn't find his impressive one-liners valuable. No, Hayes had listened to Oshiro- word for word. He completely understood what his substitute professor was talking about. He found it to be very relatable... And if there was anyone in this class who needed a little help with keeping their form it was him. Hayes was notorious for partial shifting... Heck, when he had so boldly tried to pick the guy up last night his ears had changed without him even realizing it.

To say the least Hayes felt frustrated, to the point that once Oshiro left him, he slumped down, resting his chin upon his paws. His tail swayed from side to side while he thought. How could he fix this? He felt that he got off on the wrong foot. Mostly he was irritated at himself. The white tiger felt that he might have just fucked up his opportunity... Nevertheless, he still felt determined. Maybe he should try one more bold attempt before giving up. Then again, it Oshiro never gave him a positive no- or a yes for that matter. Sure, he might have pissed him off during class, but maybe... possibly..? He could redeem himself? If anything, that meant he would have perfect attendance in this class, if he could help it. Hayes also felt the need to try and explain himself... and hopefully get on Oshiro's good side.

Shit. Hayes got up quickly. Might as well get on with the rest of the day. Unfortunately for him, even though he didn't have anymore classes, he was scheduled in for tutoring. For the most part he was able to distract himself by helping other students. Still, he found himself more and more anxious as time seemed to slip away from him. While he knew the place was close, it was nearing the closing time by the time he was done with tutoring. He actually felt rather exhausted and wondered if it would be a good idea to stop by while he was tired. No, no... He couldn't back down now... Hayes pushed himself because he was determined to see this through.

Upon arriving, Hayes let out a yawn, it was at least fifty minutes until closing. At least he made it... Lucky for him by now there were not as many people unlike last time. After getting a seat, Hayes actually pulled out a textbook, he might as well do some homework while he was here. Hayes wasn't the type to like homework, but at least he would get it done. It made waiting for his food more tolerable. He did ask Cammi if Oshiro could serve him again after he placed his order. And then he waited, making sure to check himself this time just so he wouldn't make a fool out of himself if he was partially shifted.

When asked to get her boss to serve a last minute customer, her cheery demeanor fades as she looks the other over. Eyes as cold and calculating as any predator gaze out from the normally bubbly and smiling face. Nearly as fast as they had appeared, they vanish and are once more bright and chipper. "I will see if he is available, but at this time he's normally doing prep work for tomorrow or paperwork. I'll go ask though!" Not giving the tiger a chance to respond, she flits away to the few other patrons to check on them before heading to the back.

Meanwhile Rin is in the back doing just as Cammi had told Hayes. "Bills, bills, and more bills..." He sighs while filling out payments and checks along with going about scheduling various needs. He's noticed some problems with the restaurant that will need a professional to come in and take care of. Thankfully none of the repairs or upkeep will be horrifically expensive. He sighs leaning back. "Well, except the roof at any rate." Grumbling he looks at the various quotes again just as Cammi knocks then enters.

Setting the papers to the side, he looks at her with a raised eyebrow. "What's going on? Did a last minute rush come in?" While not common due to fact they're mainly a restaurant and not a bar, rushes during the last hour have been known to happen. Shaking her head Cammi responds in the negative. "No, but that tiger came back and asked for you. I warned him you might be busy and may not be available." She reports.

A faint look of disbelief and almost disgust appears on Rin's face before letting out an aggravated sound. "What does that spoiled brat want now?" Cammi tilts her head before chirping up. "Want me to get rid of him?" She asks calmly and there is the sense that should Rin say yes, then the young tiger will be gone. Forcibly if need be. With a low growl he shakes his head. "No. I'll deal with him myself." Standing up he ruffles her hair as he passes by and receives a giggled protest in response.

With how small the crowd is at this time, it is easy to spot the other. Crossing his arms, Rin looks the other over slowly as if examining the other, searching for something. Uncrossing his arms, he slowly makes his way over, grabbing the order for the table on his way. Leaning over, he sets the order down. "You missed coming with your class." He comments in a mild offhand tone while straightening up to look down at the other.

Head tilted, he watches the other with a neutral expression. Depending on how Hayes acts, things can either start to possibly get better between them or get worse. It is clear from Rin's lack of anything but almost nonchalant or bored curiosity that it all rests on the young tiger how things progress.

Upon hearing Cammi's reply, Hayes gave her a little nod of understanding. Not surprisingly, Oshiro was a busy guy. He did have a business to run after all, and now Hayes knew that he was also a substitute professor at his college. Perhaps if he was lucky enough and didn't fuck up, he might actually get to see him more often and actually get to know him. Well... Judging by the look Cammi had given him, though brief he did see it, Hayes felt a little unsure if it was okay to ask for Oshiro. While Hayes understood that Oshiro was probably busy he wasn't here to waste his time... Well Hayes wasn't intending to waste his time. As he thought about it, he found himself feeling a little guilty.

Hayes sat at his table quietly by himself. While sitting there he tried to focus on his homework, which was increasingly difficult to do. He found his mind wondering to what he should say to Oshiro. This made him get more nervous. Sure, he was bold yesterday, but today was different. Hayes now knew that Oshiro was a sub for one of his professors and knowing that made him nearly regret trying to flirt with him. Yes, he was still interested. Yes, he was still determined. However, he was afraid he might have blown his chance. On top of that, here he was asking to see him, when clearly he probably pissed him off earlier. What nerve he had...

The were tiger had almost expected that Cammi would be the one coming out, but no, surprisingly it was the guy he requested, Oshiro. He didn't look overly joyed to be coming out, it was more like the opposite. Nevertheless, now that he was out here, Hayes had to think of what he should say, and fast. He closed his book as the saber tooth got closer, delivering his food to his table. To be honest, even though Oshiro didn't sound too impressed, nor looked like it, he was relieved that he spoke out first. Oshiro really must think that he was wasting his time, just like earlier in class...

"Oh... Right... I was invited to come, but I had to decline. I have tutoring because I need a job to pay for the apartment I recently moved into. I barely made it in time." They made him take a test and everything. His college wanted students who could actually perform their jobs well. As much as Hayes didn't want to admit it, he was good at helping people write papers... Particularly if there were quotes involved. Hayes had a miraculous gift to memorize things, almost like a photographic memory. This also included verbal memory. In general, he was just good at quoting things... Actually, if Hayes didn't have stage fright, he was good enough to land a spot in nearly any play. After one look at a script, Hayes was able to completely memorize all of the lines- but Hayes mentioned none of this, "I mostly help other students with their papers."

In general, Oshiro didn't look to happy to have been asked to come over... And Hayes again felt kind of bad about earlier, and even now. Right then, Hayes felt the need to at least apologize. "And uh..." Hayes' eyes shifted down, looking at the yummy food in front of him before giving Oshiro the decency of eye contact, "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't intend to get off on the wrong paw with you. It might have seemed like I was fooling around, and for a bit there I was... But I want you to know that I really was listening to what you said earlier." If anything, he found it be very relatable, as he was sure most of the other students did. It was different for Hayes though, in the respect that he had trouble with his shifting ability.

"I know that many shifters feel the same way I do about wanting to keep themselves in check, especially around humans. What you said earlier I suppose really stuck out to me and yes I have heard the same thing said before... Had I known you were actually willing to help, I would have tried so much harder to win." Hayes didn't specify what he meant right away. He would get to that point in a moment. "When you were talking about shifting, you said earlier, and I quote, 'you must be aware of the consequences of doing so. If you reveal yourself to a human then it is not just yourself you reveal, but our kind as a whole.' And I feel that I understand that more than anyone."

With a sigh, Hayes picked up his textbook, and placed it in his backpack. He wanted to clear the table so he could eat. Textbooks were freaking expensive and there was no way he'd ruin it. Once he was done, he grabbed the plate and pulled it closer to him. "I..." He hesitated but then continued, "Struggle with my form sometimes. I am sure you remember yesterday night when my ears came out. Stuff like that happens to me a lot, without me even knowing it.... And so... As I said before, had I known you were going to offer help with shifting, I would have tried harder for it. Also, admittedly having free food would definitely help my wallet. Probably sounds like an excuse or something... I don't know. I'm trying to say that I am not wasting your time..." Then Hayes paused momentarily, "But now I've pulled you from your job, so I guess I really am wasting your time... Er, sorry."

This did not go in the direction he had been hoping for. He could see why Oshiro would be unhappy to see him. Now it really didn't feel right to try and pick up where he left off from the other night. He had to make sure that they were on the same page... And he felt that more or less, he probably just dug himself a bigger hole. If he was going to be realistic, Oshiro was probably way out of his league anyway and maybe it would be better if he gave up while he was still barely ahead.

As the young tiger continues to ramble on and get increasingly flustered, it takes all he has to not start laughing. Especially with how upset the other got towards the end while looking as though someone had taken his favorite toy away or something. Taking a few more moments to compose himself, he finally responds. "Even without the other night preceding, it would benefit you to assume that almost all of the teachers, substitutes or otherwise, are willing to help those who genuinely want it." He lightly scolds the other even though there's no real inflection to his voice or demeanor.

Tilting his head he watches the other for a moment before continuing. "With the previous night I would have thought you'd want to impress me since you were so bold as to ask for my number." With a slow predatory grin Rin tilts his head back slightly. "And had you done so I would have added a little bonus even." Leaning down he continues to grin before speaking into the other's ear. "Such as my number and maybe a date." Straightening up he turns and walks away but pausing at the doorway he came out of to toss one last remark over his shoulder. "Or maybe even skipping the date and getting straight to the fun."

With that taunting bit of fun thrown out, he disappears into the back while chuckling. Back in a good mood, he continues with his tasks that he'd been working on before Cammi had come to let him know about the tiger coming back for him. Soon the closing the time is reached and the last of the patrons have their tabs closed out and leave so the workers can finish closing. Once the store is cleaned up, sign inside, doors locked and the till ran, Rin and the other two part ways for the night.

Stretching with a yawn, Rin heads up to his place. "I need to hire another staff or two. We're definitely getting busy enough to warrant a part-timer at least." He huffs as he heads to the part of his place that's above the front part of the restaurant. The layout of the building allowed for a roof garden with a small greenhouse which is what he takes care of before and after his business closes. Outside of the school it's one of the few places within the city that he can relax even if it's too small for him to shift.

Plants taken care of, and the grass watered, he heads inside to go to bed. Thankfully the classes are the same as human colleges so he doesn't have to cover the class again for another few days since it's about every other day and there's another sub he alternates days with. That means tomorrow he can focus on getting workers scheduled in for the shop maintenance and repairs. Flopping into his bed with a low pleased rumble, Rin soon falls asleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy hell. That wasn't the reaction Hayes thought he was going to get... No, that was even better, so, so much better. The were tiger felt the urge to chase after that man, right then and there. At least with that apology out of the way, he could feel relieved and not guilty for pursuing Oshiro. Thankfully, the other male was more than understanding- Actually, Hayes was flat out surprised that the other male would take up his offer and go a step farther! Hayes didn't think he'd be lucky to score a possible date! This little interaction was enough to fuel him and his ambitions. Oh yes, there would be a tomorrow... because currently, he was still speechless about the situation.

Oh yes... He would continue his pursuit. That man just drove him crazy right now. It was so unexpected. Hayes would never have thought how Oshiro could go from strict to a flirt so quickly... Then again, he himself was known to do things like that... And now that he knew Oshiro was actually interested in him, or at least enough to play around with him, Hayes wouldn't hold back.Since Oshiro said it, Hayes readily planned to see him again. He wished their conversations were not so short. He felt like he couldn't even stop the guy from leaving. Maybe if he could get that date, it wouldn't be an issue... Oh, he couldn't wait. Hayes was already impatient. Hayes had a new goal; to get Oshiro's number, a date, and maybe if he was lucky- get lucky. Honestly, the thought made him blush. Normally he wasn't the type to go out and have a fling with someone... It was just impulsive when he talked to Oshiro, he had no impulse control. And Oshiro's playful antics had him anticipating the future.

"Man... I think I'm hungry for someone else right now." He muttered to himself, picking up his silverware and finally digging into his food. That guy was a whole new mystery to him, somehow he felt drawn and Hayes couldn't wait to play this game with Oshiro. Ahhh, he was too excited for his own good. Before he had noticed it, his tail had formed, swaying back and forth and lightly tapping the floor. Hayes didn't even care at the moment, his thoughts were already gone, thinking and planning about what he should do tomorrow- in the hope that he could somehow get the other male's number and a date. It had been a while since he felt a nice thrill like this. This was nearly the same feeling he got when chasing prey... Except, different somehow... In a manner he couldn't explain yet.

After finishing his food, Hayes left a nice tip before slinging his bag over his shoulder -making sure his tail was hidden- and then venturing on home. Once he got back to his apartment he set his bag aside. Luckily he managed to get his homework done, so all he had to do now was go to sleep. Tonight, like some other nights, Hayes decided to shift. Sometimes he felt better in his tiger form and so sometimes he would fall asleep in his tiger form- waking up naked the next morning. Hayes literally crawled into bed, curling up and laying down... And he laid there for a couple hours, finding it hard to fall asleep because his mind kept wondering and thinking about a certain saber tooth that captured his attention.

Eventually he had fallen asleep and woke up naked in the morning. The long haired male took the time to take a morning shower before class today. To be different he braided his hair. It would keep his hair out of his way and make it easier to manage. Off to college. Hayes got himself some breakfast and sat at a rather empty table. It was better that way because it was quieter. Suppose he could have eaten outside though. Oh well, Hayes liked to do things his own way. More than anything, the tiger looked forward to play with the dangerous saber tooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Rin hums softly to himself as he puts up the 'Help Wanted' sign, much to the relief of his two current employees, as he's in a pretty good mood. He got very lucky when calling around for estimates and start dates for the work he needs done on the restaurant. While his first choice wasn't available for some time, a close second was able to get started this weekend is what the estimator told him after coming out this morning. That means he'll only have to close for one full day, maybe two. Never would he have thought he could get people out so soon and with so little time needed to complete the work.

"Hmm, though I have been able to stay on top of the minor repairs myself so that helped..." He muses aloud before stretching. Now the next thing is to hopefully get that part-timer hired within the next week. Thankfully he should have a lot of applicants since school has started and many of the students want a little income. "Nothing to do but wait and see now." Rin huffs as he goes back inside to continue helping out. Today is Cammi's day off so he'll be doing most of the cooking today instead of helping with serving or paperwork.

With one last sigh he resolves to at least get out to the university to stretch and be himself for awhile to relax. Or maybe see about getting laid. There's a good shifter bar not too far from the college town that he could go to if nothing else comes up. And I may need it after teaching another class. He grumbles internally while getting some food prep out and starting up the flattop so it'll heat up. Soon the customers are rolling in and he has to focus on the task at hand.

When the rush abates and there's a few moments, Rin wonders if the little tiger from the school will come by. If not he supposes there's always the next class he'll be substituting for, but that won't be until next week at the earliest. Just as quick as the break came, it disappears and so the two men are once again trying to stay afloat without their third. Thankfully a few applicants do ask about the position and so there's relief in sight.

At the end of the night the two let out a tired groan as the sign is flipped and they begin to clean up the place. Eventually they part ways and Rin decides to go out to a bar to have a drink or two to help unwind from the hectic day before crashing for the night. He heads to one nearby and soon takes a seat and waits for the bar tender to come over. Looking around he notices a few shifters about, some of whom have already noticed him. "Hmm..." Rin keeps one eye out as that attention could be good or bad depending on if the others are drunk or something else.

"H-Hey!" A woman's voice called out and Hayes looked up. "Hayes, right? Can I sit with you?" The tiger recognized the ginger with very curly hair anywhere. He helped tutor her the other day.

"Glenndle?" Yes that was her name. He gave a shrug before nodding, "Sure thing. You can sit down. Do you need something?"

The ginger fox shook her head and smiled, revealing her braces, "No, no... Just was seeing if I could sit with you. I don't really know anyone else here... I hope you don't mind." She asked right before she began to eat. "And call me Glenn." Hayes saw no problem with this so he let it slide. There was nothing wrong with company. "So, I was wondering, have you been to the bar that's not too far from here? Me and a group of freshmen were going to go check it out. I figured I would extend the offer to you."

Well that was an odd invite. Actually Hayes literally never recalled being invited out to 'hang out' with anyone. His parents were strict and usually very afraid that he'd reveal himself to normal humans. And so, his experience with this kind of thing was a little beyond him. Fortunately enough, he had seen enough movies to know how this was going to go- or at least how it should go. "Hmmmn... I'll think about it." With how his schedule worked out, he could drink the night away if he wanted to.

"Awe..." Glenn whined, "Come on, Hayes, it'll totally be fun!" Glenndle pouted, her lips puckering out a bit as she did so.

"Like I said, I'll think about it." He'd have all day to think about it because he also had tutoring... There was also that saber tooth that he wanted to see later today. Maybe after he flirted with him, he'd go ahead and go to the bar afterwards. Maybe if he was super lucky, get Oshiro to tag along and get him that drink he promised from the other night.

Pretty much after that conversation, they had a little chat. they talked about random things and Hayes was beginning to think that he had made a friend. After breakfast, his morning couldn't go any slower. He found himself bored, thinking ahead to his plans for tonight and what he wanted to do about that invite to the bar... Eventually, classes are out and Hayes found himself tutoring... Oddly enough he found himself helping out a lot more people than he had the other day... And because he had tutored so many people, it was already late- and by late, it meant that Rinha's was already closed... And boy did Hayes feel unhappy about it- plus he was hungry.

So after school, he decided since he couldn't go to Rinha's he'd go with the group of freshmen to the bar. They'd meet there in an hour at the bar. Hayes made his way to leave- Not before Glenndle stopped him. "Hayes! I'm glad you decided to go." She smiled and then playfully added, "You're not planning on wearing that are you?"

Hayes looked down at what he was wearing and his brows furrowed, "What do you mean..?"

"What I am saying is, if you plan on getting laid, you should ware something cute." Glenn said mischievously.

"Uh-huh... right... I'm not even sure if I'd meet anyone worth banging let alone if I'm in the mood to bang." To be honest he had his sights set on someone already and he really didn't care for anyone else right now... So going to the bar seemed kind of wasteful. Nonetheless, he figured to give it a go at least once before judging it. And just so Glenn would leave him alone he said, "Fine, I get it, I'll change into something a little nicer." With that he received a thumbs up before parting ways from Glenn.

When he got home, he rummaged through his things. After about ten minutes he thought he found an adequate change of clothes. While picking out his clothes, he also thought about what Oshiro might have liked to see him in and that gave him a little more ambition... even though he couldn't go to Rinha's... Anyway, Hayes found a snug shirt that held him tight and a pair of fitted skinny jeans that he thought showed off his figure nicely. He had a masculine look, and somehow he got a feminine feel whenever he looked in the mirror. Maybe it was because he was short? Hayes had no idea, but he fixed up his braid again as throughout the day it started to unravel. The tiger much preferred his hair long, he didn't know why, but it felt nice to him.

Finally, the were tiger found himself walking to the bar. Near the entryway he met up with some of the other freshmen. Hayes got a few complements, not that he truly cared. When everyone showed up, they pretty much all walked in together. It was a group of six of them. Hayes took a moment to look around- before Glenn pulled on his arm. "Let's get some alcohol!" And her request was met with a few cheer from the other freshmen. Hayes found himself being pulled to the bar. He took a seat at one of the bar stools, which he had to stand on his toes, then hop on to actually get a seat. It was kind of embarrassing and he hoped no one saw.

Great. He was at a bar. And for what? To hang out with other freshmen who wanted to drink... Well, it wasn't so bad. The tiger went ahead and ordered himself a fruity cocktail. He wasn't much a fan of beer, but sweet alcoholic drinks he liked very much. Of course he was carded, not that it mattered much. He was of age, otherwise he wouldn't have even tried to tag along.

Magi%20The%20Labyrinth%20of%20Magic%20Yunan%201_zpsvccs9vkx.jpg

3633490_1424375806848.67res_330_300.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Rin makes eye contact with one pretty little shifter, but gives a slight shake of his head before she can head over. Sorry little one, but you're not my type. He thinks with amusement before someone else slides up to him causing a slight grin to appear even as he raises an eyebrow. "Well now, can I help you?" Rin rumbles looking at the fox who's almost straddling his leg. The petite male looks nearly dwarfed compared to Rin's size and bulk.

The red-head gives a coy look at the saber while leaning forward, hands on each of Rin's thighs, and leans up on his toes. "I was hoping to have some company tonight, but no one seems to be free. I don't suppose you could help me with that could you?" With a low laugh Rin tilts up the fox's face by the chin and looks him over in consideration. "I might be willing to play with you little fox, but are you sure you want to play with me?"

When a group of shifters come in, he sighs and heads to the bar to flag the bartender down. "I'll have a double on the rocks this time please." He murmurs to which the bartender nods and almost seems to wish he could join Rin. Lifting up the glass he sighs while wondering if he and his little companion should leave before things get out of hand. As if sensing his mood, the other male slides fully onto Rin's lap, hooking his arms around Rin's neck. "Once you finish your drink how about we go play hmm?"

This time Rin lets out a loud laugh and feels a little amused despite some lingering annoyance at the sight of so many young shifters coming into the bar. "What if I want to play here for a bit?" He drawls with a toothy grin giving the plump bottom a good pinch causing the other to jolt then give a playful pout as he rubs the abused area. "So mean..." The fox huffs but wiggles around to sit across Rin's lap, though he takes longer and intentionally rubs against him more than necessary as he does so.

Letting out an amused huff, he puts an arm around the other's back to help support him. Catching movement out of the corner of his eye, he turns wondering if his little tiger is out tonight as well. Before he can get a good look around the male on his lap takes his glass from him to take a sip. "Hey now..." Rin gives light growl as he takes the glass back and gives a smack over the area he'd pinched earlier. The fox gives a faint yelp of surprise before grinning playfully up at Rin. "I thought I'd help you finish faster."

"Haaaaaaaayes!" Called out Glenn. "C'mon dude, don't tell me you're gonna sit here in one spot? Live a little. Dance! Go find a hottie to hoot up with." She suggested while nudging his side. "What kind of person are you into? Skinny girls? Maybe you like thicker girls? Hmmmn?" The more Glenn listed about women, the more it seemed that Hayes stopped listening. Then Glenn gasped as if having an ah-ha moment. "Do you like men? Ah! I should have known."

"You are horrible at guessing my interests... But yeah, I do like men." He let out a soft chuckle. "You're not good at this."

"I know..." Glenn said with a sigh. "I'm horrible at the dating scene... I guess I should have figured you out sooner... Considering I made a pass at you the other day when you tutored me." She admitted and Hayes tilted his head, looking rather clueless. "Wh-What? Did you not know?" She asked in surprise and then she hung her head with a sigh. "Apparently my advance wasn't noticed..."

Hayes sort of felt bad for Glenn so he pat her shoulder. "Uh... Sorry about that... I've kinda... Been distracted, I guess that's how one could call it."

"Distracted?" Glenn asked in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Oh- Um, nothing really... I don't know. I kind of have my sights set on someone. I'm not the type to go for someone after only knowing them for such a short time but... I... How to explain... I wanna say that I'm somehow pulled towards him. Like, he's super hot and really above my dating range. He could do so much better than me." Hayes said while mindlessly tilting his glass, swirling it's contents. "I thought I pissed him off the other day... But when I saw him later, he seemed fine- He seemed to even flirt back with me, I think. So I'm kind of hoping that somehow I've caught his interests." Hayes said thoughtfully, his gaze going back to Glenn who seemed to be smirking back at him.

"You wouldn't happen to be talking about Rin would you?"

Hayes furrowed his brows," Uh... No?" He seemed unsure, "Who's that?"

Glenn pouted, "Dang it, I could have sworn you were talking about the guy who works at Rinhas. He's the saber shifter, Rin Oshiro. I saw you talking with him the other night at the table. Dunno about what but I swore I saw you."

Now it was Hayes' turn to have an ah-ha moment. "Oh, I never knew his first name. He was the sub for my class and I only knew to call him Oshiro." Hayes hummed, "Good to know I suppose... In that case, yeah, admittedly I have the hots for Rin." Hayes could feel his cheeks heat up a little at finally admitting that out loud for the first time. "I'm still trying to figure out if he's really interested or not... I mean, damn, I just learned his first name. I don't know much about that guy other than he cooks damn good, he's a saber tooth and his name- well, and he's attractive. Still, I don't really know how to make him look my way other than to pester him at his work or possibly at college." He said with a sigh, bringing his drink to his lips and taking a swig.

"Hmmmn... I see..." Said Glenn who had been looking about the bar. "Oh- ho, ho! Hayes lookie over there!" She tapped his shoulder, pointing and smiling. "I think that's Rin!"

Hayes literally choked on his drink right as she said that. Never in his life had he turned around so quickly, just to see if she was right. Hayes had turned around just in time to see Rin- and some other guy with him. The other male had grabbed Rin's drink and drank some of it. Rin looked a little displeased by the gesture- However Hayes turned around slowly, back to his drink. He felt kind of bummed to see that Rin was with someone.

"Hayes, what are you doing? Aren't you going to talk to him?" Glenn asked and Hayes shook his head. "But why not?"

"Isn't it obvious? He's already with someone. What chance do I have?" Hayes said, sounding slightly defeated.

"Come on Hayes, seriously? You just vented your feelings about him to me and now you're just going to sit here while, probably, some slut takes him? Where's your fighting spirit? Eh? Rin doesn't look too interested in that guy. I mean, didn't you see that face he made when the other guy took his drink. I think he might need an SOS, Hayes! And I think you're the perfect person to do that!" She said, with a smile, patting Hayes on the back. "Go give it a try. If you give up now, who knows, you might be missing out. Maybe if you go over there, you might just get lucky. And if not- Well, you can get hammered, my treat." Glenn offered with a wink.

"Well... I don't know..." Hayes said, still sounding unsure.

"Get up you romantic." Glenn said, more or less helping Hayes out of his seat by pushing him. Once he was out of his seat she reached over, grabbing a napkin and pulling a pen out of her pocket. She scribbled down something before shoving the napkin into Hayes' hands. Then she grabbed his drink and gave it to him. "Chug!" She snapped and Hayes did as he was told. Once he was done she said, "Go get 'em tiger!" And then she pushed him in Rin's direction.

If Glenn was good for something, it was getting him a little wound up. He realized that she was right. If he just sat there, then he'd have no chance on scoring with the saber tooth. On the way over Hayes momentarily took the time to look at what Glenn wrote... It was his name and number... With a heart right next to his name and under the number it said 'Call me!'. Ah... Great... "Hey Rin!"

Well it looked like there was no turning back. He was already nearly there, and he could hear snip-its of Rin's conversation. His heart was already racing. What the fuck should he say? On a whim Hayes acted completely out of instinct. The younger male seemingly approached confidently- and with little warning, he pulled on the other male's leg, nearly pulling him all the way off because out of his nervousness he had used more strength than necessary. Basically, Hayes made room for himself by opening up one of Rin's legs. The other male was left straddling one leg now. "Room for one more?" He asked even though he was already making the move to sit down on Rin's now free leg.

"Fancy finding you here. I was bummed I didn't get to have dinner at your place tonight, I was caught up tutoring." He said, completely ignoring the other male until he said, "You seemed to attract unwanted guests." Hayes took a moment to actually look at the other male, with a slight frown. "You know..." He said while looking at the other male. "If you really want to take a man home, you shouldn't drink his drink. Instead, how about you buy him one?" Hayes snapped his fingers. "Which reminds me... I offered to buy you a drink the other night. I'm still interested in keeping my promise, you know? How about it?" Hayes said, direction his attention to Rin with a wink.

"Oh and another thing, before I forget... You keep forgetting to leave me your number..." Hayes said before folding the napkin perfectly and evenly and then casually slipping the napkin into the older male's pocket. "So I came prepared this time... Don't loose it, 'kay?"

Rin looks the fox over and is debating on whether or not to just throw the shifter off. Literally. It'd be one thing if the fox continued to play coy, but to blatantly take his drink to try and rush him out? He thinks not. Just as he was weighing the likelihood of finding someone else to get laid, the fox is nearly yanked off his lap. Glancing over with a raised brow, Rin fights back a grin at seeing the little tiger clambering on to his now free leg.

"This coming from the one attempting to show off?" Rin huffs but smirks slightly. With a low hum he wraps an arm around Hayes' waist to help steady him, a finger tapping on the tiger's hip. "I suppose I cold use another drink if the offer is still there." He finally allows which, of course, only fires the fox up who tosses his head while glaring at the intruder. "Though you may have to make sure that it doesn't disappear before I can get home won't you?" Rin drawls while signaling for another drink as he's finished his one.

The fox sniffs in disdain while looking Hayes over before speaking in a tone that filled with false sympathy. "Hmm, for someone of your... stature I'm sure it must be challenging to get someone to take you seriously without a drink or two." He murmurs while leaning against Rin's shoulder, practically draped in his lap despite only having one leg to sit on and is able to reach the floor with ease. "Though most would also think that not receiving someone's number after a few meetings would indicate no interest as well."

Rin bites his inner cheek to keep his amusement hidden. It seems that both the fox and his little tiger have a bit of fire in them. For now he'll let this play out and only intervene if things escalate too much. His new drink is brought to him by an equally amused, and concerned, bartender.

Lifting his glass he takes a drink to hide the grin that is slowly slipping out. At the same time he keeps track of those around him as he's starting to get more than one envious and/or dirty look. Being so popular does have its downsides after all. His first focus is the storm brewing on his lap, but equally important is the potential one in the bar as the level of intoxication grows. Thankfully there's enough groups and mingling going on that for now he's in no real danger of having to fend off drunken idiots. For now his size, and species to those that can tell, are enough of a deterrent.

This situation turned out better than he anticipated. Hayes felt better about himself the moment Rin wrapped an arm around him. Right at the moment, Hayes knew that he could win this. That singular moment was enough of a confident boost for him. He felt ready to take this fox guy on. "Don't worry about your drink." He replied to Rin. "It's my pleasure to buy you one, as promised, of course." Honestly Hayes wished that they had met at the bar under better conditions... It was a drag to have this fox guy interrupting. He wanted to get drunk with the other male, talk lightly and perhaps maybe learn a thing or two about him... but no, there was this asshole fox... Hayes would just have to take care of him.

Ah... but then he heard the comment the fox made about his... stature and let just say Hayes was a bomb with a very, very short fuse. Hayes' left brow visibly twitched with anger. The tiger's eyes darted to the fox. "Just so you know, people with my stature are called fun-sized for a damn good reason." Hayes was so close to leaping off of Rin's leg and shifting right there. His height was definitely his sore spot and anyone who made fun of him felt his wrath... Out of spite he continued, "At least I don't have to act like a whore to get attention. I can get his attention with and without the means of alcohol. That being said, my relationship with Rin is none of your fucking business so I suggest you fuck off already." Hayes said with a literal growl. His temper working on his tiger form. Any time Hayes got angry he was susceptible to shifting into his tiger form.

"And one other thing." He had to vent his anger, so he added, "One might think that drinking someone else's drink, when they didn't pay for it, is fucking rude. If you had any brains I'm sure you would have figured it out by now. I'm surprised he hasn't tossed you off yet." Hayes said out of spite and haste, "Here, let me help you." And without much thought, the tiger lifted his leg and kicked the other male off of Rin's lap by force. "I suggest you don't come near again." Hayes said before literally hissing at the fox. The tiger glared at the fox, waiting for the other male to make his move. To leave would be the wisest choice, because then Hayes could calm down- but if the fox chose to be persistent, Hayes might actually shift just to hunt and chase that damn fox down...

Rin starts to shake as he watches the little tiger get riled up and kick the other male off of Rin's lap. It would seem that his cute little tiger has a very sensitive sore spot. Seeing the fox get a lashing amuses and satisfies Rin deeply, the fox had truly been an annoying little shit after all, but still... He can't let the other stay this worked up, and so when Hayes moves slightly, he takes the opportunity to slap the tiger firmly on the ass before groping the abused cheek.

"Hayes, if any part of you shifts you will be banned from my restaurant for two weeks." Rin warns in a sweet tone with a smile. After a pause he continues. "And we won't be finishing our conversation tonight or have another 'drink' until your grounding is done." Meaning that he won't have any contact with the other outside of when he substitutes for class, if he does at all during that time.

Shifting his gaze to the fox who is getting up and has a snarl of his own, wilts under Rin's gaze, and almost seems to be asking Rin a question with it. "I think it is best you go. He did ask and buy me a drink first after all." He does a quick glance around. "Besides that, you're drawing attention and not the kind I care for." He drawls, voice staying light but his eyes harden slightly and it's clear that the other needs to get lost before Rin makes him get lost. Freezing for a moment, the fox stares back in disbelief and some hurt, before scowling and stalks off with his nose in the air.

With an inaudible sigh, Rin straightens and takes a swallow of his drink. "Now then..." He looks at the remaining male on his lap. "What brought you over little kitty? And I do hope you plan on keeping me entertained since you chased off my evening entertainment." Rin rumbles while looking the other over through lidded eyes, being sure to convey his meaning. Even though the fox had been annoying, the other male knew the score and was prepared to have a night of fun then part ways. In other words, Hayes has just cockblocked Rin and is now expected to make up for it.

The immediate moment Hayes felt Rin smack his ass his anger started to defuse itself. After a firm grope to his recently smacked cheek, Hayes' attention was pulled in an entirely different direction. Making eye contact with Rin he very quickly learned of his fate if he did not calm down. Actually, the fact that Rin would 'ground' him for two weeks irritated him. However, Hayes knew that he had no other choice but to comply otherwise he'd shift. Hayes actually pouted for a minute, crossing his arms across his chest in defeat.

The tiger wished that he had more control over his form... Just so he didn't have to worry about accidentally shifting. Without even thinking about it Hayes had actually covered his ears- or at least where the tigers ears would take shape - and tried to calm himself down. No, he wouldn't shift as long as he could keep his cool. He just had to think of something else other than that irritating fox and how Rin tried to ground him just now... Ah, he had a thought, one that made him smile. He had won over the fox and who would get the benefits? Certainly not the fox! The mere thought had Hayes mentally celebrating in his mind.

Nevertheless the tiger felt really good hearing Rin shoo the fox away. And only once the fox is gone does Hayes relax a little. Now he could give Rin all of his attention. After Rin gets a drink does Hayes finally hear what he's relatively been waiting for. "There are very few people who can get away with calling me little and kitty, especially in the same sentence." It honestly pissed him off, but Rin, he let it slide... For now. "I'll tell you exactly what brings this little kitty to you. I've been wanting to play with you since about the first time I laid my eyes on you. To be honest I didn't think I'd be able to get this far as... to put simply, you're a rare breed."

Going back to the topic at hand, Hayes scoffed, "Pfft, as if that fox could ever dream of keeping up, let alone be able to entertain you as much as I can." Hayes claimed rather boldly. A smirk formed on his lips as he said, "I'd say I'm sorry for chasing away your 'evening entertainment', however that would be a lie. Actually, I have full intentions of replacing him. Hmmn..." Hayes pressed his index finger to Rin's chest, slowly moving it down as he spoke, "What? Did I upset the big pussy cat because I took away his lame excuse for a plaything? Well, he should be damn grateful, I've given him something even better to play with. I'll be your new catnip." Hayes said with a wink as he implied that Rin would come back for more...

Hayes wanted to make it absolutely clear that he had every intention of going home with Rin. He also wanted to make it clear that he fully intended to have sex with him, too. "So whenever you're ready to go I am." Hayes was in no rush now that he had Rin all to himself. He took the time to go ahead and lean forward, tongue peaking out from his lips, to lick the other male's neck. It was exciting for Hayes to do even a simple thing like that. Being so close to a saber tooth tiger was absolutely thrilling in all the right ways. The tiger nipped at the saber tooth's neck playfully before placing an open mouth kiss. "I wonder if you taste as good as your cooking..." It was a brief thought that he said out loud before pulling away with a soft chuckle. "Ooh, I think I'm hungry for something that is not on the menu." He said teasingly.

Letting out an amused huff at Hayes' reaction to being called a 'little kitty', he merely shakes his head with a grin. "Why be upset when you are one compared to me? Pretty much everyone is 'little' to me." He comments back clearly with a faint grin. It's true after all. There are very few species who get to Rin's size, with possibly bears being the closest. As such Hayes is, quite literally, little in comparison regardless of whether or not he would have been 'normal size.'

Rin snorts at the comment about the fox. "'Keeping up' isn't the issue as long as the other person isn't just lying there like a limp fish. Besides," He takes a sip of his drink. "foxes are quite known for being a good lay." That had been his only intention for the night as well. Just a little something to let off some steam and have a good time. Not possibly start something with someone who may become attached or look for a relationship. "Considering everything going on right now letting off some steam and just having some good dirty sex was all I was really looking for tonight." He decides to clear about that upfront after the catnip bit.

While at some point he may consider a relationship, he'd first need to get things more stable at his shop and the maintenance taken care of. Then it becomes an issue of compatibility and being able to handle both of his forms. Short of another saber tooth, he's not even sure if such a match is out there. Though that doesn't mean he denies himself having fun while keeping an eye out for one.

Raising an eyebrow at the other's bold tactics, he takes another swallow of his drink. "Be careful before you take on more than you can handle." Rin knows he's difficult for his sleeping partners to adjust to, add to that that he likes rougher sex well... Even though he can easily find a someone to sleep with it usually takes a lot of work and prep, and that isn't always enough resulting in him cumming but not necessarily feeling fully satisfied.

However, the image of this fiery little tiger fighting to take Rin down his throat, does peak his interest. As does wondering how Hayes would look as he's forced to take everything Rin gives him, filling him far more and much more deeply than anyone else. At that thought, he can't help but wonder if the tiger has been with anyone before. If he has the scent of the other has long since worn off.

Unable to resist asking, he glances at the male in his lap. "Tell me, how many others have you been with?" In part for his curiosity, but also so he knows how much prep work and such he has ahead of him if he decides to take the other home with him.

• Saga locked this topic