Secrets {Rumpleteaser x M-jow}

M-jow

Character:

large.jpg

Name: Louis

Louis is a Halfling part demon and human, but are raised by a human family. He has no idea that he’s part demon.

He’s a bit stronger than the average human and his appealing attracts lots of unwanted attention.

He learned from young how to defend himself against stalkers, and cause of that he doesn’t trust people easily.

He had known that he was gay from his teen years. When most of his friends were drooling over girls, he was more the type to look at the boy’s swim team. The team captain in particularly had been the reason for him going home more than once with a boner in his jean, like the late bloomer he had been.

Louis has gone through live with lot of differs jobs, needing to earn money to make a living for himself, and cause of his looks he has been doing stuff like hosting, modeling and even dancing. Today he works as a professional model.

His okay at house work, but likely 70% of the food he makes ends up not eatable.

His personality may seem hostile at first meeting him, but underneath he is unsure and quite shy. And he has never once been in a relationship, though he like people to think so.

Other: A tattoo at his hip (A compass)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day had started like any other day, Louis went from his apartment down to the studio. On the way, he got himself a coffee from a nearby Starbucks, just to fully wake up along the way.

He had been sat to a 10am photoshoot and would be done around 12 if all went well.

Louis didn’t really think much about his job, for him it was like any other job, this one just pays better money, than working at a convenience store.

But it wasn’t like Louis was famous, he only went to enough shoots to make a living and supported himself. In a way, it was fun modeling in front of a camera, but it still felt weird when he saw his photo in a magazine.

The shoot went as normal, but was dragged out a bit because the photo lens seemed to cracked two times as the shoot was happening.

And strange enough it had happened as Louis had felt annoyed cause the director had yelled at him course the man thought Louis should stand differently from what he had been told.

Usually Louis didn’t get mad over that kind of thing, but right then he had found his mood to be easily affected. And as he had looked back into the camera, the lens had cracked.

That had been super weird, but even as he walked back to his apartment, Luis didn’t really believe that it had happened course of him, that seemed just to strange.

Louis hair was still styled and he wore a bit of makeup from the shooting, there weren’t any shower in the changing room, and using soap from the sink didn’t seemed like a good idea, so he chose to just wash it out as he got home.

But his appearance still attracted glances from a lot of people on the sidewalk, and though Louis was used to it by now, he had this feeling that someone was following him.

He tried looking over his shoulder a few times, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

As Louis could see the top of his building, a dark blue car with shaded windows pulled up beside him. At the same time, someone clutched a firm hold of his arm while pointing something hard into to his side.

“Don’t make a scene, just get in the car.” a male voice said low into his ear and pushed him forwards the car.

Louis could properly had fought him off and called for help, but the thing in his side felt much like a gun, and it that fire Louis would be dead before the police could arrive. Better do as the guy said he thought.

As he got in the car someone hit the back of his head hard and Louis’s vision started blurred before he lost consciousness.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M-jow

• Rumpleteaser

Vesper.jpg

Name: Vesper Len Hazsarath

Position: Seme

Race: Demon

Strengths: None really. He's not a strong character.

Weaknesses: He doesn't like to be anything less than fully covered. He has mild mysophobia. He doesn't like anyone who moves too fast, speaks too fast or acts unpredictably.

Biography: Vesper's story really starts when he went into a local antique store. He often went to such places because he found them curious and was very particular about what he wore. One one such expedition through the antique stores he noticed something new, or at least new to the store. On one of the shelves was a thing. It looked like a little wooden house and had numbers around the circumference of a little circle on the lower level. He'd never seen anything like it before so he picked it up and began toying with it. After glancing to see that nobody was looking, he prized the little doors open and peeked inside, where he found a little bird with a red chest. It looked as though someone had taken the care to glue individual feathers across the bird's entire body. There were even little amber gems that gave off a faint sparkle from where it hid. This was a passion begun.

Since then, Vesper has had a fascination with wheels and cogs. He began collecting anything that worked with mechanisms rather than electricity and began studying how they worked. Eventually he even tried to make a few himself. The first ones were rather bland looking and the springs burst in one but he kept trying. For hours on end he'd sit at home drawing more and more complicated diagrams. Finally he understood the ways of the ancient devices.

During this time, he still managed to come out of his dwelling. People remarked that for a small while he spoke more than usual. He had more passion and excitement than usual, which wasn't much compared to them. He spoke of the thing, his ideas and a cave he'd found. He never said where it was or what was in it, only that he'd found something.

Vesper was thinking of cogs, wheels and eggs. He'd played around with the ideas for so much time that a pattern was starting to emerge, a creation. He'd scribble down different views of the pattern and even a few different makes until he was ready to make his idea have form. He'd practised, studied and taught himself the ways of the cog. He was now ready. He would create his first magnum opus, his first secret keeping egg. When it was built he sanded and polished it so smooth that he could see his reflection on it. The paint came next. He wasn't a great artist but he was persistent, detailed and had a perfect picture in his mind. This first egg was pearlescent green to blue with a gold top player. For the gold layer he needed magnifying glasses to complete, the work was so intricate and so time consuming. It was done in Celtic design with a bare area where he painted a golden snake, which curled around like a four-leaf clover. Into this first egg he whispered his full name. The wheels turned and the cogs hummed against one another. He closed the egg then listened to the sound of the lock clicking into place.

He placed the egg on his mantle piece and stood back. He was content again.

Since his first egg, Vesper has made many more. He now has a whole vault of them locked away inside the back of his home. He sells them and is paid to keep them locked away in his vault. There is only one way in and one way out and he has the only key to it hidden amongst the many pockets of his jacket. He has many pairs of other keys too but they are only for decoration. They do not yet have any lock for them to fit within.

Personality: Vesper is a quiet man: solitary and refined. Even his voice is as soft as the gentle hum of the eggs he so lovingly guards. He is the type of person who does not approach someone lightly, or even notice them lightly. There is always a reason for everything he does, and it has to be a good reason otherwise he simply will not do it. He's not a very active person. At times this makes him seem lazy or sluggish but in fact it's simply because it takes a great deal for him to change.

It takes a lot for Vesper to decide to act upon something, and usually it's done after a great deal of thought. He doesn't like surprises or spontaneity at all. It's most likely he'll think about his actions for a long time after they've happened too.

Extra: Vesper holds many secrets. He takes them away and locks them in his precious eggs, his magnum opera. Each one is lovingly hand crafted and locked away in a vault deep in demon territory. His duty is to guard over them and protect the keys and their locks with is very life. He spends much of his life locked away, wondering among his eggs and playing them. The sounds of the wheels and cogs ticking over in time with the words of secrecy is music to his ears.

When he is not guarding his eggs he can usually be found wondering about antique stores looking for old clockwork artifacts. He prefers alternative and demon run stores but he will sometimes hood up and hope to go unnoticed in human stores. He has a fascination with old things, especially keys and clocks. He can spend hours holding a piece and moving it around in his hands, studying its intricacies, faults and workings.

Vesper does not like the cold, which is why he keeps his hair long and clothes covering as much of his skin as possible. He is usually wearing more then two layers too, though most are tight fitting. He doesn't like the feel of baggy clothing because it moves around too much, making the air around him stir and chill his skin. He doesn't like the look of baggy clothes either. He considers them rather dumpy looking.

Vesper sat in the front of the car and looked through the file he'd been given on Louis. There was no point asking his colleague whether this was the one. The demon wouldn't have knocked the halfblood out if it was the wrong one. Vesper looked back at the young blonde being shoved on the back seat and compared it to the photographs. He certainly was an attractive specimen. Vesper hoped they didn't mess up that pretty face too bad. Louis couldn't be blamed for his parent's loose loins.

The doors slammed shut and the car sped off, all the way to the ministry that dealt with halfbloods and those who escaped the demon world - the Office of Outgoers, Department of Border Protection. Vesper didn't say anything, only busied himself with reading through the report, even though he'd read it enough times to know it by heart.

'You'd better cuff and shackle him. I don't want anything unexpected happening,' the demon said in a smooth, almost unemotional voice. He looked over the back of the car again at Louis. He didn't pity the young half-demon. He didn't feel anything for him yet. In fact, he hoped he never did. He'd never cared for his wards before and didn't see any reason to start now.

Vesper was one of the parole wardens in charge of integrating demons back into the demon world. Most were either very young when they'd left or had never been to the demon world before. They knew nothing about daily life, customs or even how to take care of themselves. Some didn't even know they had demon blood or what it meant to be a demon. Most ended up being outcasts in human society for freakish of paranormal traits. Usually they were easy to track down and quite excited to know the reason why they were the way they were but Vesper suspected it would not be the case with this one.

Loius had been very lucky, at least in human society, to be born without horns or extra abilities. He seemed to fit in. He seemed to be doing well for himself. There was no reason he would want to leave human society but the choice was not up to him. All those with demon blood had to remain within the demon world. It was a matter of pacts, security and privacy from the human world.

Louis gasped as he was awakened by a splash of cold water in his face. The water went dripping down his chin soaking his shirt. He was cuffed up in a chair with his arms behind his back, and his ankles cuffed to the floor. ‘What the hell was this’

A Shadow of a man stood towering over him, and he could tell that the man was looking down at him, but Louis couldn’t see his face.

“What the Hell” Louis yelled at the man, and was rewarded by a blow to the head. It didn’t knock him out, but he could still feel the room spinning around him.

He tried to get a look at his surroundings. It was a dark room and cold. It remained of something he had seen on TV from an old movie, the only thing missing was a light in his face, but It wasn’t something he would complain about in his situation.

An unknown voice spook, and Louis tried his best to listen through the ringing in his ear.

“22 years, adopted by parents Lily and John at one year old, when to college, your past jobs I’m not really instead in and now you work as a model at the 6G studio” The man stopped and looked back at him.

“Seem like you really got yourself settle right in here, haven’t you kid.”

“What do you want, why do you know this!?” Louis was acting tough as he asked, his voice was strong and clear, but inside he was shaking with fear.

This wasn’t the first time Louis had tried being kidnapped before, but it didn’t make things any less frightening. And this guy felt different from a normal stalker.

“Well kid, do you believe there is a haven and hell?”

Louis Frown and got goosebumps, was this guy a psychopath who wanted to kill him! “Not really, and I wouldn’t like to test the theory”

The man laugh by Louis answer “Well normal this part is the easiest, but I can see it properly wouldn’t be with you. Kid you are part demon.”

Louis’s brain froze and before he knew it he was yelling. “WHAT! No way, how the fuck can I be a demon, your sick man.”

Another punch got him in the face, it hurt a great deal and he could feel his cheek swallow.

“Would you drop it with the face! I may not like my job, but that’s my livelihood”. Louis snarl back at the shadow man.

“Don’t worry pretty boy, as soon as we get permission, we will send you back to hell. There some demon will properly make you into his or her chew toy, so I’m doing you a favor here. Now don’t shout at me, I got a bad headache, and I’ll punch you again if you do. I’m just gonna turn on the light and ask you some questions and if you answer me properly I might not need to hurt you anymore.”

Louis closed his eyes as a light pipe in the ceiling start to blink. And while his eyes got used to the bright light, he heard the man, speak to someone else behind him. Asking the person for something he couldn’t understand, and then a sound of a door closing.

When Louis eyesight finally had adjusted, he turned to get a look of his kidnapper, only to open his eyes even wider in disbelieve.

The guy had freaking big horns! Those couldn’t be real… could they?

The man noticed him stare up at his horns, and grind knowingly. He didn’t look to ugly, nor attractive either, but the only thing Louis's eyes could focus on was those horns.

• 1 month later...

The demon leaned against the wall watching what was happening. He was wearing a woolen hat to cover his horns for now, something he didn't really like doing. Hats just didn't suit demons in his opinion. Folded across his chest was Louis's rather thin file. In his other hand he was playing with a brass key, rolling it over and over in his hand as he listened to the commotion the other two were making. He only looked up when his companion spoke to him. He sighed, nodded then came forward to take the lead.

Carefully, he walked over and leaned forward with both hands against the table with the file between his hands, looking hard at Louis's face. He took of his hat and set it down beside him without taking his eyes off the half-breed. He had two large, green horns that turned down and back before rising up either side of his eyes. They were made out of some sort of hard horn that was well polished to gleam in the dank light of the flickering light pipe.

'Look here, Louis *insert father's last name*, you might have noticed we're not human. We're going to do some pretty unhuman things with us if you don't cooperate,' he said as his pale, yellow-green eyes stared hard into Louis's purple ones. 'Your government, your adoptive family and even your parents have no jurisdiction over you any more. You are an illegal half-demon and right now I have full power over you. Nod if you believe me, otherwise you will get a little demonstration of what we can do to you.'

Vesper straightened up, pulled out the chair and sat down calmly. He opened up the file and placed several photographs on the table of Lily and John going about their lives. Obviously someone had been following them.

'These are your adoptive parents, are they not? Lily and John *insert last name*. Have they ever mentioned your dual heritage or said anything about your parents. Have you ever suspected they know anything about your history? What did they tell you about your family or where you came from?' he asked, before making an addition. 'They are not in trouble at all. No harm will come to them and what you say here is completely confidential.'

'What do you know about your biological family? Have they ever tried to make contact with you? Have you ever been told anything about them or heard rumours about them?' he asked when the first lot of answers were done.

The new detective wasn’t as intimidating as the other one, but Louis could still hear the strength in the man’s voice, and his words was no kinder than his partner’s.

Again, as the man took off his hat, Louis founded himself starring at the horns sticking out form the guy head. These looked different, this guy’s horns reminded him of those from an ibex.

He still did get much of what was going on, it all just felt like something from a really bad dream. But the pain from those punches he had received, felt quite real.

He nodded as the man told him to, not really wanting to make this guy beat him as well.

The guy kept asking questions he didn’t know the answer to, but when the man showed him pictures of his parents. Louis jerked forwards only to have the cuffs stopping him from getting up.

“Don’t hurt them!” Louis warned, trying to keep his voice from shaking. He was already terribly afraid as I was, but at that moment he feared more for his parent than for his own safety. It was only when the guy assured Louis that no harm would come to them, that he relaxed back in the uncomfortable chair.

“I don’t know my birth parents, and no one has told me anything. The orphanage I was adopted from had no record on me before I showed up. Even my existence wasn’t register before my adoption. But I guess that your guys already knew that.”

There was no reason for Louis to tell them anything but the truth, for all he knew he had always thought that his real parents was either death or some drug addicts who had be wise enough to give him up instead of raising him themselves. The idea that one of them had to be a spawn form hell had never crossed his mind, and maybe he still didn’t believe it.

He had seen pictures of demons before, they were supposed to be evil, ugly creatures capable of manipulating people to do terrible deeds. Louis couldn’t even persuade his landlord to delay his rent.

Vesper exhaled heavily, like some unholy creature breathing down the neck of life. He looked every inch about to strike Louis, only relaxing when the young man nodded as ordered. Perhaps this interrogation would go smoothly for once, with no need for force.

'We have no intention of hurting your adoptive parents. They will be questioned and informed of the situation in due time. No doubt our men have already approached them in their home. In this sort of situation we make a home visit. If they comply, we let them go. If they cause trouble, they will get trouble in return... just like you. I advise you don't cause us any trouble,' Vesper warned.

'We already have your records,' the demon commented simply.

Slowly, the file opened again. Vesper took away the photographs and packed them away. In their place he lined the table with Louis's orphanage records, his adoptive papers, medical records, school records and even his social security records. Each had its own neat little pile.

'What we don't have are little pieces that you might be able to fill in. Were there any stories surrounding how you showed up at the orphanage? Did your parents leave any messages with you? Were there any rumours about you through the orphanage?' he asked. 'Think hard. Even the slightest details, however unbelievable, could be of use.'

Vesper pushed the records closer to Louis to let him have a look through them. He could peruse them as much as he liked so long as he was quick about it. There were other things that needed doing beyond the initial consultation. When Louis was done, Vesper took the records back and put them in the file. The last thing he had in there were a few old photographs of his parents and one newer one of his mother. Obviously the ones of his father were demons but his mother was human. There were also a few on his paternal grandparents, aunts and uncles.

'These are your biological parents, Louis. Go on, take a look at them. Have you ever seen anyone who looks like anyone in these photographs? These first three are of your father before he left the demon world. These next two are of your parents before you were born. This is your mother while she was pregnant with you. We believe your father disappeared before he knew about you. They both disappeared but not together. These last three are of your relatives. They're also part of this investigation but once your father is found you will be allowed to meet them,' Vesper went on to explain.

“I’m not planning of cause any trouble. I mean, I’m chained to a chair here, what exactly do you expect me to do? I too don’t feel like being your guys punching bag, so I wouldn’t try to play you” Louis said a bit annoyed. Being scared and angry was a dangerous combination, it made the words just pop out and some sounded rather rude.

The guy replaced the pictures with documents, Louis got a closer look as the detective pushed them forward for him to read. This guys were really thorough, he didn’t know that he even had a medical record, considering that he had never been sick in his life. He didn’t bother looking in the other documents, he could guess what stood in them. That he had good grades about average. That he didn’t had many close friends, but lots of contacts in different places. He just hoped they didn’t have the number of guys he had slept with in those files, even though it wasn’t many it would still be rather embarrassing.

“I was told that someone found me and brought me to the orphanage, I don’t know where I was found, the man just handle me to the nuns at the door and left. The nuns told this this to my parents, whom told it to me as I got older.”

“I haven’t really heard many rumors about myself form my school days. Just that some of the guys in my class didn’t like me, but that was only because the girls did. I never lost a fight when the guys challenged me, and after some time they just stopped coming and left me alone” But that was nothing out of the ordinary, lots of boys fought in that age, everyone knew that.

“I may not look of much compared to your partner, but I can defend myself pretty well, but only if needed to.” Louis didn’t mean it as a threat, it was only to point out the point that he wasn’t a wimp.

When the guy gathered the documents back into his file folder to yet again replace them with pictures. Louis stated to feel tired of this game. What the hell could he possibly tell them that they didn’t already know? This guys had clearly already stamped him as a bad guy, and he didn’t even know what the fuck was wrong with him being as he was.

Louis looked at the photos, not knowing what to look after since he hadn’t seen any of the people before.

That was when he noticed the man with the same purple eyes as his, or should he say demon, cause the man looked dangerous. He had no horns, but a whip-like tail, sharp teeth, claw-like hands and black hair, he seemed well build, but still scary as hell. When the guy told him that this was his dad, Louis frown and became stun beyond words. He couldn’t help but to let his tongue slid over his teeth’s, just to make sure that they hadn’t turned into fangs. How the fuck did they resample each other.

His eyes moved on to the one which he was told was of his mother, Louis felt his heart a jump by detecting the similarity between them. Louis had clearly taken his looks from her. She had the same blond hair as him which was curly at the end, she had big beautiful blue eyes. How had his demon father ever stranded a change was beyond Louis imagination? She was smiling at the one taking the photo, it was a warm and lovely smile.

In the next one she had her arms around a guy, whom looked very little like his demon father. The tail, claws and sharp teeth were gone, leaving a rather normal looking man, if not for his unnormal purple eyes, Louise would had taken the man for any other man on the street.

The next three didn’t scare him as much, they all shared the same trait as his dad, so he could guess that they were in family. Which unbelievably enough meant Louis’s as well. Except for maybe his mother and father, Louise didn’t feel like wanting to meet any of them if he could help it. But that was no longer for him to decide.

“If these persons really are my birth parents, how come you haven’t got a hold of me sooner? I mean how do you even know if I am the right person?”

‘That’s all very well. In that case you will smoothly be integrated into our systems,’ Vesper replied with as little care as swatting a fly. He wasn’t at all bothered by a little bit of sass, just so long as he got his answers.

‘What do you mean the man just handed you over as a baby? I have already seen there was no paperwork filled out by this mysterious figure. He doesn’t even get a mention in your orphanage’s records. Have you ever been told what he looked like? Do you know the name of the nun who met the man?’ he asked, then sighed. He didn’t need to be a telepathic demon to know Louis had no clue but he had to ask and report the answer. He would make a note after the interrogation to contact the orphanage again to find out who this unnamed man was and if this was potentially the last sighting of Louis’s demon father.

‘I didn’t ask whether you can fight but very well. Have you exhibited any demonic strength, speed or other super-human abilities? Have you ever found people compelled by you or persuaded to do things they do not want to do? Do you have any affinity with darkness and shadows? Do you have any special tricks or even a knack of knowing what’s about to happen?’ he asked. ‘Of course, you will be tested for demonic powers at a later date. Should you have any suppressed abilities, no doubt they will be unlocked.’

‘The photograph of your parents together, you can keep that if you wish,’ he said, pushing it and the one of his extended family over so that Louis could take it before you left. ‘Your extended family has already been told of your discovery. Do you wish to have a meeting arranged?’

Vesper stared hard at Louis as though the answer was all too obvious. He blinked slowly then packed everything away.

‘We have been tracking you for three years now. This interview is the culmination of the Office of Outgoers’ research on you. We don’t want any unregistered halfbreeds running around the human world but we also don’t want to drag any humans into our world. The reason we hadn’t found you sooner is because there was very little trace of your father’s doings. He was tracked to your mother, which was how we found out about your existence,’ Vesper explained.

‘As for whether you are the right person, blood tests will be conducted on you after this interview. You needn’t worry. These tests are less intrusive than your average check-up at the doctors,’ he said, then leaned back in his chair. There was a certain finality to the action, as if he had nothing more to ask of Louis.

It was clear the boy was either very good at lying or he knew nothing. Judging from the research the Office of Outgoers had conducted, Vesper saw no reason why Louis would know about his biological family or his demonic blood. The situation spoke for itself but questions still had to be asked. As far as Vesper was concerned, he was just following procedures.

‘Now, are there any questions you’d like to ask before we finish up?’ he asked.

Louis didn’t know the name of the nun who he was handled over to as an infant. Louis just knew that the nuns had giving him his name, but by being adopted at two-year-old he had been too small to remember anything from that time. As far as he could remember, his parented had once taking him to the orphanage, and told him that this was the place they had got him from. Louis didn't remember ever seeing the inside of the place, he had been so scared thinking that they may had wanted to send him back there, that he just started crying on the spot.

Powers? Supernatural abilities? Unfair enough that he didn’t, he just shook his head.

“Not what I know of” He answered a bit unsure. He couldn’t remember that he had ever experienced something supernatural right at hand, not what he could think of anyway.

He shivered when the guy mentioned tests, no matter what, he couldn’t help but to picture a big needle poking into his skin.

Louis did want the photos, if not for the demons, then for his mother. He wasn’t all that sure about meeting a bunch of demons, but hey, they were family after all. His adopted mother would have had smack him at the back of his head, for not at less wanting to meet them before judging cause of their looks.

“I would but… would I have to meet them in the underworld?” There was no way, he wanted to visit that place yet. Even his mother would surely understand that as an excuse.

It hadn’t really occurred to him that maybe there had been other like him, but the way all of this played out it clearly wasn’t their first time doing this thing. Three years, heck to know that these people had been staking and poking in his background for all this time was not pleasant and it gave him the creeps.

When the guy asked if he had any questions, tons of things flowed his mind.

Did they know anything about his real mother? Where his parents alive? What was a demon? How should they expect him to behave? How could any of this be real? How would the test happen? What kind of demon was his father? Would he need to be afraid of his new family? What kind of people were they? What was the underworld like? Would he really be send to live there?

“What is gonna happen to me now, am I free to go home?” Louis asked with hoarse voice. His throat had got dry and it didn’t help even when he tried to swallow.

‘Well? You’re being awfully quiet. Do you know the name of the nun?’ Vesper asked.

Louis had kept silent instead of answering one of the investigator’s questions. Vesper glanced over to his partner but made no sign that he wanted the man roughed up for a simple mistake. Vesper could just as easily cause pain if he wanted to.

‘Very well. We’ll arrange to have you tested at a later date. It isn’t urgent,’ he replied calmly. He wasn’t surprised. Demon abilities usually showed up in early childhood for fullbloods and puberty for halfbloods. It wasn’t even a given that halfbloods did have abilities. Some had to undergo extreme stress to show even the merest trace of anything. Louis didn’t even have claws, horns, sharp teeth, fangs or a tail. He clearly ran to his mother’s side.

‘You’re already in the underworld,’ he commented, raising an eyebrow at the young man. Didn’t he realise that already?

‘First, we’ll get you a glass of water to recover your voice and let you think over what you’ve been told. I’m sure it’s a shock and I’d rather you were settled for your blood test,’ Vesper began. ‘Once you prove to be positive for demon blood, you will be given your identification card and handed over to your warden. You will stay with them in the demon world during the transition period. There will be classes to attend, group therapy with your fellow halfbreeds and the testing for any supernatural abilities you may have.’

‘After the transition period it is up to you what you do with yourself. Your warden will help you enroll in any academy you desire to go to, help you find work and show you around the underworld. Once you have satisfied the extended parole period, you may find your own lodgings,’ he continued. Vesper supposed that summarised the basics of Louis’s question. There was just one more piece of information he needed.

‘I suppose you want to go back to your adoptive family. After your parole period you may apply for visitation rights, which in your case will likely happen under supervision. Other than that, no demon or half-demon is allowed in the human world,’ he explained finally. ‘Was there anything else you needed to know? Otherwise, this interview is over.’

“What?!” Louis haven’t meant it as a question, the outburst was just something that past his lips in the moment, as he felt how the blood in his veins started running cold and drain from his face.

He didn’t want to believe what the guy told him, but really, how the fuck could he had known that they already had dragged him down to hell. This was messing up his brain big times, no way he wasn’t going psycho at this point, surely from the blows he had received earlier.

Louis didn’t have any words so speak, he couldn’t. His head was hurting from all of this bullshit, and his nerves were out of control.

As a glass of water was placed before him, and the cuffs taking off, he just sad there watching their every move. He sighed when he was free to move his hands rubbing his wrists to get the stinging feeling off.

How could his life had taken this turned off event? The problems from his normal human live had been nothing like this.

He drank the water slowly, careful not to choke in process and let the cold water moisturize his dry throat.

As the glass got emptied a woman with a small trolley came in. It made tinkling sounds from shaking glass before it came to a hold besides him.

The nurse had very abnormal bluish green skin color, which reminded of scales from a snake. The woman didn’t smile like the nurses he had seen, and maybe it was best like that. He didn’t really care to see if she had fangs

“Roll your sleeve up, it wouldn’t hurt, it’s just a quick poke” She spoke in a neutral tone showing no teeth’s, but he could had sworn that he had seen a forked tongue darted out from her mouth when she had said ‘it’s just’.

No way he wanted to do as the snake woman had asked of him, she too seemed to get that and just took his arm while giving Louis a glance daring him to protists which he didn’t.

“Don’t be a baby” She sighed and did the work for him. Louis’s entire body got tens by the contact with her cold skin, even though she wore a glove her touch wasn’t pleasant. He wanted to pull the arm back, but she had rather strong hold on him.

she prepared him like any other, washing his armpit with a cloth with alcohol, before trying to find a blood vein.

Okay maybe the needle wasn’t as big as he had feared, but having that cold hand holding him in place was enough to give him goosebumps.

“There now, that wasn’t so bad was it” She crooked him a smile as she took out the needle, showing him just enough teeth for him to make out that they indeed were fangs.

He wasn’t intimidated by her act, he was to busy thinking that if everyone looked like she did then he would surely look somewhere out of place.

Next, she blended the some of his blood with some white powder in a test tube, and shook it until it turned color.

“Nurses view”

A frown spread on her face, she had expected it to turn into a dark-red, not blue. The boy clearly didn’t possess that much demon DNA from the looks of it. She did another try only to end up with the same result.

The substance could had gone bad, but she highly doubted it.

Pure human blood wouldn’t have changed. Humans with a demon ancestor would be dark-red. Half breeds became purple, and pure demons turned black. But blue, then the person would have to be about 75% demon.

She would surely be doing more testing with the boy’s blood, but for now she just did her job and wrote her notes before handle them over to Vesper.

'What do you mean "what"? Where do you think you are?' Vesper asked. He blinked slowly and waited for Louis to adjust to the information. So far he was doing better than most of the half-demons they captured. Then again, usually they had some idea of what they were or had their powers activated. Louis looked and acted entirely human.

Vesper stood up and stepped back to the corner of the room as the nurse came in. He waited patiently for her to do her job then read through the results, his eyebrow raised. He wouldn't have expected that. According to her results, Louis was more than a half demon. There was no point asking him how well he knew his mother. They would get the same answers again, no doubt. It did beg further investigation into the boy's mother though.

'Thank you, nurse. If you could take one more sample, these results demand further tests,' he said calmly. 'Please take the samples to the laboratory along with this note.'

Vesper took out a pad of paper from the back of the file he had with him. He hadn't needed the paper thus far because he would recall every single word Louis said. It was a "knack" of his. He scrawled a letter on it for the officers at the laboratory then signed and dated it. This was handed to the nurse before he too walked to the door.

'Don't try anything while I'm away,' he warned idly. Not that he really needed to with the kid chained to the chair. There was also his companion to deal with if he even so much as became mouthy.

The demon came back shortly with some fresh paperwork for Louis to sign, a camera and a pad of ink. He spread them out on the table, along with a black pen.

'You'll need to name, sign and date these. You can read them if you want, you should. You're effectively swearing yourself in to our world and declaring yourself as an underworld citizen,' he said. He flipped through the documents and pointed to each of the placed where Louis was to sign. He wanted to get through with this quickly. This interview wasn't as long as many of them but Vesper still had places to be, things to do. 'We'll also need each of your fingerprints here, in case you commit any crimes or try to escape.'

'He'll need his hands, unlock those chains,' he then commented to his companion.

“Well, how would you expect me to know? This room looks like something from an old movie, and your guys are playing the good cop, bad cop. Except from the fact that you guys got horns, it not very likely I would know. Isn’t the underworld supposed to be a big flaming inferno?” He couldn’t help but to laugh a bit, being helpless in this situation was new to him.

When the not-so-hot-tempered guy who was the one doing the questioning, came back with papers for him to sign, he wasn’t likely to sign them before reading their contest. Louie ignore the hot-blooded guy, who was leaning against the wall, growling as he started to read though the first papers.

The other one had told him that he could read them first, and knowing that he properly couldn’t decay to sign them. He at less wanted to know if there were any holds in them he could use.

Being a model Louis had experience with contracts and knew what to look for. He read each paper once, acting as if he didn’t get much of what it meant. Not giving off how he thorough he memorializes and analyzed them in his head.

Holly shit this was like moving to another country, when he signed these, Louis was truly bound to this place.

But at one point written in very small letters, normally the eye would skip that part but not Louis’s.

There stood:

This contract binds any demon, male or female, half breed or pure. But should the person have none demonic power to defend itself, any trace of supernatural talents, body parts or behavior. A trial can be arranged to judge if the person can’t in jeopardy the existence of demons and other supernatural beings. If the court declares that none danger would come of it, the person can be established to live among humans. This however can only be considered after the transition period.

That bright his case rapidly, anyone could see that he looked just as much human as one could and he strongly doubted that he really possessed any powers. Even though he couldn’t escape the transition period, he could surly survive it…right?

Without further complaints or comments, he signed the papers where he had been instructed to.

'I would have thought it was common sense that demons would take you to the demon world,' he said, sounding a little puzzled. He looked over at Louis as if wondering just what to make of the young man. Where else would they be if not in the underworld? 'Humans, even half-humans such as yourself, have such vivid imaginations. This room looks like any interview room. And I assure you, I am not playing "good cop" with you.'

With the paperwork signed, Vesper packed it away in the file with everything else. He mostly ignored his colleague who seemed to be having a bad day every day. Perhaps it was simply the part of the day where his eyes were open that he didn't like. He then walked out to get a camera from one of the other officers so he could take a few mug shots for identification.

'Would you stand against that wall, please? Stand up straight, face forward and expression neutral. Keep that hair out of your face too. I need to see your eyes and eyebrows,' Vesper instructed. He took a few portraits photographs, side view photographs from each side and full body photographs before he was satisfied it was enough to identify Louis should he run off or commit any crimes. When that was done he went back out for a few minutes. He had to wait for the IT specialists to print off the ID card, which meant leaving the young man alone with Snarky for ten minutes.

'This is yours, along with this money. It's the start-up payment all half-demons get upon introduction to demon society. 10,000 quan is all you get so spend it well. That's about US$1010 at the moment. If you need more your warden can take you to a currency exchange in town. Now is there anything else you need, otherwise this interview is over?' he asked.

'I've been assigned as your warden but I have to file this paperwork before seeing another young halfbreed for their interview. You'll have to wait in my office until the day is done,' he said, then remembered one more thing. 'Ah yes, do you have any social media accounts, telephones, ipads or anything like that on you? I'm afraid they'll have to be confiscated. Keep in mind we will strip search you if you do not comply.'

Louis dropped their conversation because it wasn’t going anywhere. For all he cared for, the Guy could count him of as being plain stupid.

He really felt like a convict when the guy started taking his photo. There was no smiling indicated on his face and he had to try his best not to glare into the lens. Being chained to the chair, glad that he was finally be able to stretch his legs.

He didn’t sit back as the guy left the room to yet again leave him with the big bull-man by the wall. Louis wondered if the guy always looked pissed off, he couldn’t image the guy ever smiling. Not the way the guy’s eyes seemed to stab him, every time he opened his mouth.

Louis knew that he should just had kept his mouth shut, but if the guy had a problem with him, he did like to know why “Why do you look so pissed at me?” he asked annoyed, turning forwards the guy with his arms crossed, ready if the guy came towards him for a fight.

The guy looked at him form head and down in silence before saying. “I don’t like you”

Well heck that was an understatement no surprise there.

“I can tell that, I was the one taking the blows from your fist after all. But hey you sure know how to make a guy feel welcome don’t you.”

The guy shrugged his shoulders in displeasure. “I never had any complains about my job, be my guest to do so. That you got the point was the most important part of my work, Vesper is the one for the talking and explanation part”

Oh, so the ibex horned man was called Vesper. Strange, but it suited the guy well.

Movements from the bull-guy pulled him from his thoughts turning on high alert as he took a steep back. The bull didn’t look at him as he headed to the door closing it only to reaper soon after with a small piece of paper. Standing just a few feet from Louis he held the paper forward with one hand, while he started to mumble words Louis haven’t heard before.

“What are you doing?” Louis tried to ask, but his question turned into a gasp as pain burned at his shoulder. He tried to walk back covering the shoulder with his hand, but it didn’t ease the pain. “What the hell are you doing!”

More unknown words spill before the paper erupted into a quick flame and the fire of pain finally stopped. Louis bared his shoulder to spot a red marking just above his chest. It was like he had got burned with something hot and it sting like a flesh wound

“With this you wouldn’t be of danger to your warden, and seeing this mark others will know to stand clear of you. I don’t trust that you are all what you appear to be. And coming from your family I got a damn good reason not to”

Louis was beyond pissed by the burn and was about to throw some shitty words at the guy as the other guy Vesper walked back into the room. And not wanting to make the situation any worse, he kept his mouth shut.

By looking at the ID card he had received, he damn well could had bit off his tongue in rage, eyes glaring back at the bull. Never in his life had he ever seen a worse photo. His cheek was red swallow and his upper lip was cut. To think that he actually had to carry this around with him made his inside twist. Louis didn’t comment on the photo and instead off flying across the room to punch the bull, he listened to Vesper carrying on explaining how the things worked. When he was asked if he had any questions louis just shook his head. He did properly have later though.

To know that the Vesper guy would be his warden, he started to feel slightly eased. He did get that the guy wasn’t one to mess with, but at least this guy hadn’t hide him yet. And right now, that was a good thing. Had it been the bull he had likely ending up getting his ass kicked by every word passing his lips.

So yeah, he was totally fine with that.

Being told to hand over his phone, unless he wants to be striped, send flashes of pictures to his brain, proving that he hadn’t been totally brain-damaged for all of this. As hot as that might had been at a precinct, being almost everyone favorite dirty dream, there was no way he would let them strip him. He still had a bit of dignity left.

Even though the vesper guy in a way looked hot, it was the bull-man whom made him want to puke.

Digging his hand into his pocket for the phone, he held it out to his warden. “I haven’t got more than this” he told the guy, hoping by god that the man trusted him enough, not to make him strip.

'Only this? Hmmm?' Vesper asked as he looked over the phone. 'I'm afraid I don't believe you at face value. I'm going to have to search you, though because you have handed over your phone it will not be a strip search.'

The demon then came over and rested a hand on Louis's shoulder. Without saying anything, he turned the young man around and pressed him up against the wall. He brought the young man's hands high up above his head and pressed them to the wall. His hands slid down the man's arms and padded about his armpits. His hands then slid back and forth around Louis's body and rubbed at his clothing to make sure there wasn't anything hidden. He didn't stop, no matter how low he got on Louis's body. Vesper even crouched down and felt around Luois's arse and up between his thighs, though he was polite enough not to grope at the young man's groin. He just kept going in a formal fashion until he'd made it down to the young haflbreed's ankles. Only when he'd felt back up the other way was he satisfied with the outcome of the search.

'That is all for now. You can follow me,' he announced at last.

Without a word, Vesper picked up the file from the table, pocketed the phone and walked out, waiting just long enough to hold the door open for Louis. He then walked off directly to his office. He pulled out a key on a lanyard and unlocked it, before walking in without any fuss. It wouldn't have bothered him if Luois didn't follow. There was a lot the young man would be scared of and Vesper was the safest person for him to be around right now. He used just the slightest bit of magic to turn on the fluorescent lights before setting Louis's file down on the desk. The entire room looked rather human in nature. It was much like any other office Louis might have seen. It was not the internal structure of buildings that was demonic, it was the external.

In Vesper's office there was a large window with the blinds pulled up. Outside the window was an expansive cave network packed to the rafters with city buildings, stalactites and streets. The entire underworld was dark but lit with thousands of lights in offices, cars, street lights, pathways and parks. They glowed neon yellow, white and purple against the blueish-black cave walls. The whole place looked so otherworldly compared to the office and the interrogation room.

'Sit there and don't touch anything. I'll be about half an hour while I get the techies to have your mobile connected to our networks,' he said. The phone would also have blocks placed on it so he couldn't connected to human internet, phone and GPS networks. They had to make sure Louis couldn't contact his human adoptive relatives or leak any information about the underworld. Louis was still new and probably didn't realise what was at stake.

- - - Updated - - -

'Only this? Hmmm?' Vesper asked as he looked over the phone. 'I'm afraid I don't believe you at face value. I'm going to have to search you, though because you have handed over your phone it will not be a strip search.'

The demon then came over and rested a hand on Louis's shoulder. Without saying anything, he turned the young man around and pressed him up against the wall. He brought the young man's hands high up above his head and pressed them to the wall. His hands slid down the man's arms and padded about his armpits. His hands then slid back and forth around Louis's body and rubbed at his clothing to make sure there wasn't anything hidden. He didn't stop, no matter how low he got on Louis's body. Vesper even crouched down and felt around Luois's arse and up between his thighs, though he was polite enough not to grope at the young man's groin. He just kept going in a formal fashion until he'd made it down to the young haflbreed's ankles. Only when he'd felt back up the other way was he satisfied with the outcome of the search.

Without a word, Vesper picked up the file from the table, pocketed the phone and walked out, waiting just long enough to hold the door open for Louis. He then walked off directly to his office. He pulled out a key on a lanyard and unlocked it, before walking in without any fuss. It wouldn't have bothered him if Luois didn't follow. There was a lot the young man would be scared of and Vesper was the safest person for him to be around right now. He used just the slightest bit of magic to turn on the fluorescent lights before setting Louis's file down on the desk. The entire room looked rather human in nature. It was much like any other office Louis might have seen. It was not the internal structure of buildings that was demonic, it was the external.

In Vesper's office there was a large window with the blinds pulled up. Outside the window was an expansive cave network packed to the rafters with city buildings, stalactites and streets. The entire underworld was dark but lit with thousands of lights in offices, cars, street lights, pathways and parks. They glowed neon yellow, white and purple against the blueish-black cave walls. The whole place looked so otherworldly compared to the office and the interrogation room.

'Sit there and don't touch anything. I'll be about half an hour while I get the techies to have your mobile connected to our networks,' he said. The phone would also have blocks placed on it so he couldn't connected to human internet, phone and GPS networks. They had to make sure Louis couldn't contact his human adoptive relatives or leak any information about the underworld. Louis was still new and probably didn't realise what was at stake.

Of course, the guy didn’t trust him, but at least he got to keep his clothes on.

He let Vesper manhandle him against the wall, at first it tickled when the guy touched him and it was hard standing still. It felt weird being touched further down, but Vesper didn’t try to touch him on purpose any uncomfortable places, so Louis tried not to act like a baby and bitch about it.

Louis really didn’t have anything else on him, so it was no surprise that the guy didn’t find some. He had never been the kind to wear smartwatches and those stuff, a cellphone was enough for him.

When Vesper told him to follow, Louis practically jumped after the man though the door. He was happy about finally getting out of that room.

The hall they walked thought liked just like any normal hall he had walked I the human world, apart from strange looking people in suits, it felt fairly similar to a normal agency. But that said, there was no way Louis wanted to stray too fare from the only person whom he had classified as safe enough, and the guy did have some kind responsibility forwards him, but Louis didn’t know what to expect other than him maybe not getting killed by some mad looking demon.

Louie made sure to walk only a few steps behind Vesper, not walking to close and not too far behind. He didn’t dare looking at any passing demons, only looking at his warden’s back until they entered, what he expected to be the man's office.

How the light went on he didn’t noticed, he was to focus starring at the big thing he had thought to be a poster, only to discover that was a window to the outside world.

He looked like a deer stuck in the headlight, just starring with eyes wide open. Now he really couldn’t believe that he wasn’t dreaming.

The place was nothing like the hell he had expected, but in some ways it fit the profile.

• 2 weeks later...

'What's the matter?' Vesper asked as he looked over. His eyes followed what Louis was staring at and he nodded slowly at the realisation. 'I guess this is your first real glimpse of the underworld.'

Vesper walked over to the window and waved Louis over. He had enough time to point out a few things before he went about his work. The interview had been a lot shorter than he'd anticipated, a lot less bloody too. It was lucky Louis had seemed to cooperate. Vesper would find out over time if there were any inconsistencies in his story but so far he found nothing to contest.

'I'm lucky enough to have a good view of the western cavern. That over there is the Pantheon Temple, one of the main attractions in this part of the network. You can also see the Fractal Shopping Mall and the Viewmaster Cinemas to the left. I'll take you there over the weekend, no doubt a few other attractions too. From here, up the southern wall you can see the housing estate I live in. It's a twenty minute climb from the street below so you'll definitely get fit walking the stairs. You'll be able to at least use the lift systems if any of your powers are activated by training,' he explained. 'Don't be shy, come over and have a closer look. I'll be back in soon.'

Vesper thought of reminding Louis not to touch anything but one warning seemed enough. He'd treat the kid as an idiot only if he started acting like one. He still locked the door behind him when he left so Louis couldn't escape, though it could also have been so nobody could get in. Demons couldn't necessarily be trusted. They had a lot of instincts and predatory aspects of their nature and so far Louis looked more like fresh meat to chew than an assertive, defensive man.

It took just over thirty minutes, perhaps thirty-five, for Vesper to have the techies finish their assessments and reconnect the mobile to the demonic networks. Vesper came back as promised and unlocked the door to see what Louis was up to, whether he was still at the window or sitting pretty like he'd been told.

'This should do. I've put in the essential numbers, emergency contacts and my own number in there for your reference. I've also taken a copy of all your human numbers for our records. Yes, the techies have checked through your messages but only to see if you'd had any contact with your biological family before now. Nothing personal was investigated. You can have it back now,' he said before holding it out for the young man.

'Now if you don't mind, I have a lot of work to do. Do you need anything? Food? Drink? A book to read?' he asked. There was an introduction pack somewhere but Vesper had failed to supply it so far. He would collect it later unless Louis got bored.

Louis didn’t say anything as he went over to the window and stood beside Vesper. He looked to those places the other pointed out, and yet again he was lost for words.

This place was clearly underground, there was no sunshine, but thousands of small lights didn’t make it seem as dark and gloomy as one would had thought. It was he knew what those lights were, but he didn’t. It was more like something he felt in his guts that he should knew, like water flowing though him.

“It beautiful…” He tried to say, but his voice was no more than a weak whisper.

All the buildings looked the same as in the human world, but watching it as he did it was still different.

Louise didn’t even notice when the guy left the room or that the door was locked, but when the turned around he, Louis found himself alone in silence.

He knew that he wasn’t allowed to touch anything, and nothing really catch has attention as he sat down in a chair close to the window. He was more interested in watching the view and the shadows of people walking the streets.

When the door opened, it sounded much louder than it normal would have if not for the silence, which seemed to had covered him like a thick blanket, and let him drift away into thoughts. It shocked him so that he quickly turned in the chair facing the door, only to look back at Vesper entering the room. Louis felt the tension leave his shoulders, and lean back in the chair.

He was glad to get his phone back, even though he knew that he couldn’t use it to call anyone, it still felt right to have it back in his hand. Living as human his entire life, people up there was people was practically raised with one. “Thank you” Louis didn’t have much private pictures or messages to be ashamed of. He had never given his number to any one-nights-stands, most was either for work or his parents.

Louis shook his head when asked if he needed anything to past the time with. “No thanks, I’m fine” He answered, but then reconsidered. “But do you have a book of laws, or something? It would be nice to know what I may and may not do down here.”

• 4 weeks later...

'Check over on the shelf. There should be a few low books, most beyond your level though. There is a basic one... where is it?' Vesper replied. He walked over to the bookshelf, which mostly had work folders and books relating to his work, and selected one that was about the width of two fingers. It wasn't a law book per se but an introduction to demon life. It had a section on laws in it and would be a good read for Louis to get started with. It had enough pictures to explain things too, such as road rules in a land where people could fly. Vesper came back over with it and placed it at the other side of the desk where Louis could sit and read.

'Do you need the light up higher? Human eyes aren't as accustomed to the lights in the caves,' he said, though the fluorescent lights gave off enough light for it to seem as if they were in daylight. Demons still liked to imagine they were walking with the sky and sun above them. It was no wonder many tried to escape the eternal darkness every chance they could. Vesper was lucky that his work led him to leave the cave network from time to time, though he obviously had to keep his horns covered.

The rest of the day was spent fairly quietly. Vesper worked at his desk silently, occasionally interrupted by one colleague or another. A few times he had to leave with other demons to work on other cases but for the most part he stayed put. It wasn't until the late afternoon that he announced it was time for them to take a break.

'Where would you like to go? There's a few cafes in the building or I can take you out for a proper afternoon tea,' he offered. He was still wearing his coat when he sat down so there was no need to pull it on before they left. He just waved for Louis to get up and follow him. 'How are you finding the book?'

Louis spent alot of time reading the book the other had chosen for him. Even as Vesper came and left he still kept on reading. It wasn't because it was all that interesting, but it was knowledge he needed to know. Parts like flying areas or fire breathing were kind of exciting to read, though he had no idea what he needed the knowledge for.

He had learned a lot before Vesper asked him. First he just looked up unsure if he was the one being speaking to, but the guy looked at him.

"Oh, well I'm find either way" Louis answered, he put a small piece of papier in the book to remember how far he had read, there were still a good half book left.

He followed the other, as the guy waved him to followe.

"Is very drifferent in some ways, it great knowledge and it easy to understand most of it"

'You're a quick study. I'm pleased to see you're so keen,' he said as he held the door open for Louis. 'You can keep that book. I'll get another copy later.'

'Very well,' he replied. They'd stay in the building if Louis had no preference. It would be quicker that way.

A few doors down there was a little cafe stall with a few sets of chairs and tables. Vesper asked what Louis usually drank and shooed him up to the counter to order. The man there was a large, bulky demon who didn't look much like he suited work as a barista. He didn't have any horns but he had a long, forked tail that he kept tucked up in his apron strings while he worked. Vesper didn't make conversation as he ordered his long black with sugar. He didn't really speak much unless he had a reason to.

Vesper looked over at Louis but really had nothing to say. He knew so much about the young man already. Although, he supposed Louis might have things he wanted to know about his new warden. Would the young man ask or would Vesper be the one to prompt him? Vesper kept looking over Louis until their coffees were made then brought them back to the tables. There were some mud cakes with cream to come too in case Louis was hungry. Vesper certainly was, though he didn't mention it.

'So...' Vesper said quietly. He sipped his drink and tapped it between his fingers. 'You must be dying to know more about our world. Is there anything you want to know? Since I'm your warden, you can ask what you like about me too.'

Well of course he would study, Louis wanted to at less know how to stay out of trouble while he stayed here.

When the other asked louis what he normally like to drink, he answered coffee with milk. It wasn’t a racist thing that he preferred his coffee white, it was just that the milk took away the bitterness.

He found a free table with two chairs and around.

There weren’t many, but there some weird looking demons around. Louis first looked at a guy with his head turned away from where he sat, whom looked rather normal. Or that was until an eye in the guy’s neck opened up looking at him. Louis acted his best not to seemed madly freaked out, and instead looked to his warder.

The demon standing in the little cafe stall was rather big and scary looking, which made the cute apron seem a bit out of place, he tried smiling at the big fellow as he saw the other order, not trying to engage in any contact with the big guy. It earned him a grunt with not much expression showing on the guy's face, as he turned away to poured the coffee.

When Vesper came back, louis just got the taste of the best coffee he had ever taster in his entire life, before the warder spoke.

“Well for starters, should I call you by name or sir?”

'You're going to have to get a little more used to seeing different types of demons here,' Vesper commented as he sat down. He looked over to the man with an eye on his neck and nodded slightly in greeting. 'You look perfectly human, so you're already at a disadvantage. Your powers haven't been activated either so you're really at anyone's mercy. If you get unsettled by every big demon, demon with eyes on their hands, demon with snake hair or demon with a snake-like tongue, you're going to be treated as prey.'

Vesper smiled when he saw Louis enjoyed his coffee. He was pleased to see it.

'Call me Vesper and I'll call you Louis. You don't have to go around calling everyone "Sir". In fact, it's probably better you don't. You'd only use Sir when they're your teacher or unless they are actually a Lord of Hell,' he explained. 'Everyone else you can call by their position, such as Officer.'

The large demon barista brought over their cakes, setting one in front of each of them. Vesper thanked the man and passed him a small tip for bringing it over. He didn't look at him directly though, seeming uninterested. The other demon, in turn, was as uninterested in Vesper.

'Is there anything else you'd like to know?'; Vesper asked before taking a sip of his coffee. He picked up a spoon and stirred the thing before taking another sip.