Secrets {Rumpleteaser x M-jow}

M-jow

Louis nodded but didn't say much in return. He wasn't planing on getting a partner either any time soon, but still... at least now he knew Vesper wouldn't bring other demons around from time to time. Not that he really could imagine it either aside form that detective partner of his.. Nah, that one didn't have any kind bone in his entire body. Louis kept quiet the rest of the way as they walked.

Louis looked up from his kneel down position with a light smirke. "I don't mind doing just that, I can make an mean salat" he answered with an small chuckle, he felt relieved Vesper wasn't gonna make fun of him though.

But when Vesper started to talk about signing him up for a cookingclass, the halfbreed's smirke faited and the color in his face almost drained. That was an horrible idea!. "Mnh, ready you don't have to do that" Louis tried to convince the other as he reached for the book Vesper had found. He's last memories from middle-school had taught an imponerende lesson to not ever touch an owen.

"I'm good with salat, honestly, I wouldn't ever try to break anything from your kitchen, let alone touch the owen" Louis said as he quietly got up and turned towards the disk to pay for the cooking book before the demon could get another word in.

The demon raised an eyebrow when he saw the cover but choose not to comment since it didn't really matter to him who brought his goods.

When the book was paid for, Louis stole one last glaze at the glass cabinet before he turned back to his warden.

"Did you fin what you was looking for?"

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M-jow

• Rumpleteaser

'Very well. I will make sure the fridge is stocked with salad ingredients, at least until you're ready to go shopping yourself,' Vesper replied. He continued looking through the books but found nothing else of any use. There were a lot of books on baking but Vesper would prefer if Louis avoided the oven, given what he'd said so far.

'Yes, I do. You're going to have to learn to take care of yourself down here. You're not a model any more who can buy takeaway for every meal. I'm not going to have you unprepared for life in the underworld,' Vesper said as firmly as his soft voice could muster. Really, he wasn't the type to raise his voice. 'Are there any other life skills you are lacking?'

When the man raised an eyebrow at the book, Vesper tilted his head and looked back firmly to remind the man to mind his own business. A raised eyebrow was nothing to get upset over, however, so he didn't bother giving his challenge any voice.

'Yes. I found this clock. I believe I can date it to about 220 to 250 years ago. It has the maker's mark on it too, which is a good sign. It's just in bad repair and needs a little care and attention,' he said as he moved the thing around in his hand. He paid for his purchase and placed it in the brown paper carry bag before fo9llowing Louis to the door.

'Is there anything else you want to look at before we go home? I can take you to a few other spots so you know a few safe areas you can go to in your spare time,' he offered. 'There's a half-demon district across town where people like you tend to hang out. It has lots of human luxuries and stores tailored to halfbreeds.'

The young man sighed. It didn't sounded like Vesper was gonna let him off just like that. He kind of reminded him of his mother back home in the way Vesper nagged him.

"You almost sound like my mother" Louis groaned still not happy about being signed up. It was embarrassing enough as it was and there was really no reason for other demons to know too.

'Are there any other life skills you are lacking?'

"Aside form being a demon.." Louis mumbled to himself as he started to think "No not really, though I might just be like a pretty-boy whom can't cook, I can still do other things aside from modeling" He replied, fairly sure he didn't have more, but even if he did, it wasn't something he's warder needed to know about.

'Getting a boyfriend maybe?'

He wasn't too sure if Vesper didn't already know about him being gay, but Louis wasn't gonna ask. Though the demon clearly had told him sex wasn’t exactly a hidden topick. However, Vesper looked straight and straight people didn't always get what an gay man could need from time to time aside from sex.

Louis looked at the watch but couldn't really see anything wrong with it even as Vesper pointed them out. He didn't have the same trained eye for these things as his warder, but the clock itself looked nice.

He paisently waited by the door as Vesper paid the store owner for the watch. He stood thinking about how the hell he had ever gotte to find his way back through this maze of caves if it wasn't for Vesper.

Louis had an map for when he was going out, but he still had to try out each route before he could feel comfortable with them to not get lose.

As they left the store Louis made a mental note to where the store was, just in case he ever needed to go there anynother time to stare some more at the glass cabinet. When Vesper then spoke up again, offering to show him som more.

"Well, I'm sure Damian said he would take me there tomorrow when we go to gather school suplise, so is it okay if we just go back?" It wasn't as if Louis didn't wanted to see the place it was just he was pretty sure his calm act would crack if he met any more horrifying demons. And it was only so much his human imprinted brain could take.

To be honest he just wanted to lock himself away until the demons finally realized he couldn't be one of them and send him back to his normal life.

It had only be two days but Louis already missed his friends and parents. He wished he could call his buddy up and talk this shit out.

'I'm only doing what's best for you,' Vesper replied in a stern tone, unintentionally sounding like a scolding mother.

'Being a human, a demon or angel has nothing to do with life skills,' Vesper corrected. 'You'd better not start thinking less of demons or you'll find yourself in a lot of trouble.'

Vesper sighed and shifted his package to his other hand.

'Okay, tell me what you can do and we'll go from there,' he said, then glanced aside. 'And I didn't say you were a pretty boy who can't do anything. I don't know you well enough to know what you can and cannot do.'

The demon glanced at Louis when he said he wanted a boyfriend but said nothing at first. He wasn't sure what to say to that. He couldn't exactly offer himself now, could he?

'I'm sure you'll find someone. There are plenty of half-demons down here who would find you attractive - full demons too. Your body is a masterpiece I noticed, though I am not some "horndog demon" who can't keep it to himself,' he commented. 'Do you have any sex toys you wanted brought down from above? I don't mind if you do it in your room. I'll throw away everything when you move out.'

'Oh, that's good. At least one good thing has come from having him around,' Vesper thought aloud. He nodded when Louis asked to go back. He started to walk back to where the strange elevator was so that Louis would have a clear idea of how they'd got there. That and he didn't really want to hold Luois's hand after they'd eaten.

As soon as they got home, Vesper completed his ritual of cleaning himself at the doorstep. Louis wasn't allowed in either until he had fresh socks on and had washed his hands and face.

'You don't mind if I go down to my workshop, do you? I'd like to open this thing up and take a better look at it,' Vesper asked.

Louis bite back before laugher could escape him. He really did sound like a mother that way but choose not to tease his warden about it.

"I'm not!" the boy shook his head as he continued. "I just meant that I don't really believe I'm gonna be any great demon thats all... I get things are as they are but if I was an demon shouldn't I have maybe noticed strange things happening around me?" Louis explained as he looked at the other. He still didn't believe anything would ever change about his appearance, like growing a third eyes or horns.

Louis shook his shoulders, he wasn’t really sure how much he should be telling Vesper about himself nor if it was any good idea getting to know the other like this. "I don't really think much about such things" the halfbreed finally answered after a moment of thinking. "Aside from cooking I'm usally a quick learner." He said keeping himself sounding as modest as he could. Though the mentioning of boyfriends made the man react in a completely drifferent way

"..I didn't noticed I said that one out loud" Louis tone darkened as he changed to look away. "Please just pretend like you didn't hear that.

I always hurted speaking that nonsens. To be true Louis had always wished he could have something like what his parents had with someone on his own. But the few people he had been interested in had always just been there for the fuck and nothing else. (" You are too clining") they had told him. "I don't plane to look for one any time soon.." the young man tried to smile though it didn't reach his eyes. But it did lightened his mood to hear Vesper thought of him as an looker, somehow it made him feel more at ease.

If he was gonna be honest Vesper actually had a certain charm to him too, of all the demon's around them Vesper was the only one he could call.. maybe handsome.

"Ah" There it was again the topick he for any cost wanted to avoid. "I don't need that stuff" He quickly answered hoping the other would drop it.

Usally it didn't embarrasses him as much and Louis way an pretty open guy if you asked his friends. But keeping himself entertained in that aspect wasn’t an priority as of now. Beside his body seemed to stressed about the situation to ever give him a boner in the mornings anymore.

The elevator still made his head spin just slightly but compared to before Louis was able to contain his composer and took notices of the road.

He washed his face, hands tougether with another exposed skin just make his warder comfortable enough to let him in.

"No I don't mind at all, I was just thinking about taking a bath then read some more in my room.." Louis replied as he stepped in but the stopped before he went for his room.

"Should I help you with the clock first?" he asked, remembering the big clock they had talked about on the way.

'I believe you,' Vesper replied. He didn't think Louis was entirely helpless. 'You're right. It is odd that you haven't experienced any strange occurrences or magic. Usually they start to show up around puberty or during a particularly stressful period in your life. You could just be a late bloomer.'

Vesper glanced at Louis, wondering what the man was thinking. Was he worried about not having demon powers or did he want them to remain hidden so he could possibly go back to the human world.

'There are ways of artificially activating them. All is not lost yet,' Vesper reassured the other man.

'In that case I'll keep more of an eye on you and see what I can pick up on,' the demon offered. 'You seem to have good enough social skills and your hygiene habits are not completely lacking. You don't seem to have anger management problems either, which many half-breeds suffer with. Your presentation is fine too. How are your problem solving, organisation, stress management and time management skills?'

Vesper nodded. He wouldn't mention anything more about Louis wanting a boyfriend. It wasn't Vesper's forte after all. He honestly couldn't offer any advice on any stage of relationships.

'It will happen in time,' Vesper replied when Louis said he didn't plan on looking. Louis was right, he had other things to concern himself with first, such as adapting to the underworld and demon life.

'Very well. I won't send for them,' he said in regards to the toys. Louis sure did seem awkward about them.

'No, don't mind me,' Vesper replied when they were inside. 'I'll no doubt spend the rest of my night in my workshop. I'd rather be alone for that. I don't generally allow anyone in my workshop. You have your bath and do your reading. You know where I am if you need me.'

With that, Vesper inclined his head and went to his workshop. He wanted the clock sanitised properly so he could get to work on pulling it apart and repairing it. With any luck, the project would take quite some time. He always liked projects that took longer and were more complicated. It was why he chose this particular contraption.

Watching Vesper walk off to his secret layer. Louis went to his room to pick up some clean sleep wear, he choose some light long pants but didn't bother to bring a shirt too since it would just get damped.

Out of habit he glanced over at his phone, almost expecting to blink from an missed call or an text. But nothing showed on the display and Louis felt stupid for even hoping just one message from home had went through.

His closed hos eyes as he let out rhe breathe he had been holding just as he put the phone down and turned away. There wasn't any reason really that he still had that thing if he couldn't contact the people he wanted to hear from the most.

Louis turned the shower on as the first thing when he entered the bathroom. After that he strip and lay the clothes in the backed for his stuff to go in, closed the lid and placed an clean towel as well as his night pants on top. Again he avoided looking himself in the mirror as he turned back to the shower.

His face had healed from the brusies and swolleness, and though Louis wasn't consciously doing it he hadn't looked ad himself since the day they had brought the clothes.

The spray was warm and pleasant, normally this would smoothen Louis's trouble mind but instead everything in him turned and twisted as water filled his purple eyes.

Louis pulled his fist back and hit the wall, he continued hitting it hard and didn't stop before his hand was bleeding on the tiles.

He then remember what Vesper had said, about him not having sociale or anger issues. Louis laughed not really sure how else to react. No he didn't normaly have troubles with anger, but then again had he never been draged to hell before to live in a place which both fascinated and scared him mad.

"I'll die before ever getting back wouldn't I?" the halfbreed asked, not expecting an answered cause he already he wouldn't get any as he heavyly leaned his forhead against the cold wall and looked down at the water disappearing out In the drain.

After Louis's mental breakdown he finished his bath, dried himself off, pulled the pants on and wrapped his hand in the towel so it didn't bleed on anything. The tiles were cleaned to hid the evidens and it Vesper asked he would just say he had slipped in the shower.

But the towel wouldn't do and Louis knew he needed a bandage to keep the wounds clean. Vesper had said he would be in his workshop all night anyway so he would just grab on from the first-aid-kid down in the kitchen and then wash off the towel.

Louis tippede toed his way down the stairs, peeked around to make sure the demon wouldn't just pop upassende he silently went for the aid-kid on the shelf.

It didn't surprise him that there were a ton of disinfecting papers on top before he reached down to the band aids and bandages.

Still with his hand wrapped in, he took one package and put the box away. It was tricky opening the thing and even more drifficult getting the damn thing out of the papir.

"Fuck!" Louis cursed as his wounded hand hit the edge of the counter and grounded his teeths in pain.

• 1 month later...

After having struggled with the bandages, he quickly washed traces of blood off the floor and put the first aid box back. Then Louis went back to his room to rest, but it wasn't after long into the night before sleep finally let his mind drift off and pulled him into a dreamless state.

The next couple of days seemed to pass in a mere blink of an eye. Louis had spent most of his time close to Vesper's house but dared himself outside to get use to the surroundings. Damian had been there too. Though he and Vesper still couldn't really get along the other halfbreed still wanted to spent time with the only other halfbreed he knew and Louis didn't minded the kids company. If anything he actually preferred it, especially since it was so much easier asking Damian to go out with him than Vesper.

Louis respected the demon and kept to the rules, but as fare as how much he trusted the demon was another thing. Louis didn't trust anyone. Damian was close through, hell almost like a friend. The younger halfbreed had been through things Louis only could imagine, Damian rarely spoke about his past but the more he was around the guy the more Damian had opened up to him.

Living his entire life along with a drunktard of an mother whoms only income had been in form of the men she dragged home once a week or so, and he had to work shitty night jobs cause of his eyes, just to afford his school fees. His mother had loved him though in her own ways, and he hadn't had any friends as far as he had mentioned to Louis. Damian was sweet and kind thougt still a child compared to him, but Damian was just starting to enjoy an new life style were no one would bother him for his looks.

Louis on the other hand was just experiencing the exact opposite. He wasn't use too angry looks being thrown at him. One or two times someone had even called him an disgusting human when they had purposely bumped their shoulder into him. He had shook it off both times and didn't act bothered about it. Maybe because Louis didn't quite get it he didn't need a reason to really think much about it.

Taking the stairs own Louis checked the time on he's watch. He and Damian had agreed to meet somewhere on the route. Actually Louis wasn't the one needing a babysitter it was Damian. The guy had been so nervous about starting school that he had even threatened the person in charge of him with not showing up at all.

Louis peeked around the house until he found Vesper. He could at least tell the demon he was leaving first, louis thought.

"I'm leaving now.. any good advice?"

(Following)

The halfbreed asked giving his demon guardian an friendly relaxed smile. Louis had practiced his expression since reading about how som demon would try to dominate others who showed signs of weakness or emotional discomfort. First expression was everything and Louis had tried his best to make sure nothing about his appearance would set him aapart and draw attention to himself. Well as much as that could do it when you looked completely human.

Louis wore an slightly thick gray shirt, one that servent to both keep his body warm down in the chill corridor and to blent in.. just in case. The shirt also had a hoody and a big pocket in front. He had choosed simple dark jeans and shoes without any accessories aside from his metal ear-piercings.

Vesper was a diligent warden. He spent as much time with Louis as he could manage, which meant he had very little time for his clockwork. He took the halfbreed to all the local attractions, to eateries that he deemed clean, the places where halfg-demons tended to hang out and even showed him where a few of the modelling agencies kept their headquarters. It would be a long while until Louis had to get a job but at least he would know where to go and who to speak to. At a later date Vesper would get Louis an interview with an agent. As well as taking Louis out, Vesper signed them both up for cooking classes together. After hearing that Louis was a lousy cook, Vesper wasn't about to leave him alone until he mastered the basics. While Vesper knew how to cook since he lived alone and didn't eat out much, he came along for the company. He didn't mind admitting that he enjoyed Louis's company. He liked doing things with the man and seeing him engaging with the demon world. Louis was the best ward he'd had by far. Usually they were troubled creatures who needed a strict hand and lots of "nurturing" even before their classes started.

Eventually, the mysophobic demon became more relaxed around Louis. He didn't mind cooking together or watching movies together or even walking around the house after a shower wrapped in only a towel. Currently, Vesper had one towel wrapped around his waist and another in his hair and horns. He would never be considered muscular and didn't work out so there was a certain softness to his narrow body. He looked up as Louis spoke and the side of his lips twitched into an almost-smile.

'Advice?' Vesper asked. 'I think I've told you all I can. You're as prepared for school as anyone can be - moreso.'

'Keep your head up and remain proud but not arrogant. You've as much right to be here as anyone else,' Vesper said. He wasn't going to say it but many demons could smell fear and any sign of weakness would no doubt be taken advantage of.

'Don't start any fights. Don't give people a reason to target you. Especially don't buddy up to the teacher,' Vesper warned. 'Trust me, I know that one from experience.'

'Try to make lifelong friends. This is your best chance to get to know other half-demons,' he said, then paused to think what else he could say. Really, he had said it all before. Anything he hadn't said would no doubt be gone over during classes. The rest was just common sense, which it seemed Louis had plenty of. The man was no idiot in Vesper's opinion. His only faults were his cooking and the fact he looked entirely human.

• 2 weeks later...

Well there wasn't much Vesper hadn't already told him before but he still nodded polite being respectful of the demo in charge of him. "I'll Keep that in mind, thank you, I'm off." Louis smiled, he even managed to give one with a hint for real excitement. Of course inside he was anxious to get back to his real birth world as quickly as possible but another small piece of him was also starting to make him realise what new opportunities there would be in living in 'Hell'.

Louis took the second path there was leading off from the road and towards the towns middle. He could had taken the transport portal and saved himself the 25 minutes walk up hill. But the sudden switching of places always made Louis nauseous and he for all would completely ignore them where ever he saw one.

It wasn't all that early in the day, school started around 10am but he still didn't see many people before passing the next portal. The town centre however were filed with life and Louie's nose could smell a variation of unfamiliar scents of spices and fragrances. He had only just learned a few of their names at home in the kitchen with Vesper, but it wasn't something his mind would pick up in the same way as curry or oregano from back in his mother's kitchen. Vesper had said some spices were rare and often very pricey but that there were alternatives with cheaper scent made once, though those didn't carry much real flavour.

Damian and he, has agreed to meet at the bottom of the stairs to the entrance gate, but the male didn't spot his friend anywhere in sight and held his wrist up to check his watch. There were still quite some time left so he decided to wait and sat down on the bright brick flour with his back leaning up against one of the tall white pillars, which made the entrance of the school building.

Demon halfbreeds of all kinds walked past him talking and going on with their own lives without sparing Louis a glance, he did notice a frown when his eyes locked with an two headed female but nothing else aside for that. It was like the few how noticed his human looking appearance came to then same agreement Vesper had told him. That if he were here he was an demon just as much as them.

"Louis!"

Louis turned his head and took an moment to scan the crowd before he saw Damian coming fast his way, the male waved his big outstretched arm almost knocking another demon in the face. Damian grinned and his black eyes shined in the blue lighting. "Carefull Damian" Louis murmured to himself as he got up in his leg and swung his bag over his left shoulder. "I thought you would bail out from how you sounded in the phone.. what is all this?"

Damian looked like he was ready to explore worlds, just from the way alone his tail almost wagged, like on an labrador ready to go on its walkies. "I don't know, it's just, well back home I didn't exactly have the greatest years of my life and school especially weren't the light of my day.. But hey, here I don't have to worry about what others might think of my eyes and I can even have my tail stretched out all day. Oh god Louis I can't wait"

Louis smiled slightly at the other, relieved he wouldn't have to drag him through the gate. Though he was confident in his own strength to know he could have, Louis preferred not drawing too much attention on their first day.

They walked side by side through the gate. They watch the other demons press their Id-cards against a small flat screen on the glass doors to the school building, before they would enter.

Damian and Louis each shared a confused glance before Damian took it upon himself to ask another demon just as it passed them. "Excuse me, what are those Id-cards?"

It wasn't the fact that the guy's skin glow orange than strake him as different but the fact the person wore glasses. 'So even demons can have bad eyesight huh?' Louis thought as the demon turned to Damian.

"It's just to keep track on who showed up and attend the lessons.. If you are new, you need to get the Id-card from your teacher. Which class are you in?"

"Y.6, as fare I can see" Damian answered but the seemed unsure of himself and pulled his entence letter out and held it out for the other to see.

"Ah, I see we have the same classes later on, but first you'll have Mr Cacier, so he'll have your card"

"Great!" Damian smiled and thanked the other, already making promises to see again just before he turned his head back to Louis. "You start with the same lesson as me right?"

Louis blinked, first a little confused. He thought Damian was still talking to the glass guy and Louis had just been looking around, letting his friend ask while he tried to figure out which kind of demons went here.

Only when Damian elbowed him did he turn his head back. "Huh? oh yeah, class Y.6" Louis nodded and smiled his greeting to the other whose skin was suddenly turning blue. The demon's eyes widen for a moment before he tore his eyes away, quickly finding the ground. He looked very uncomfortable, and told them that he needed to be off to somewhere else and hurried away only glancing back a few times as he pushed his way through the door.

"Did I say anything wrong?" Damian asked, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable too, he was starting to doubt the whole going back to school-thing again.

Louis slapped the back of the demon's head hard enough for the other to react and bend his head as he lifter an hand out to fix his hair. "Ow! hey what did you do that one for?"

"He said he needed to be somewhere, come on, you just agreed to meet him later on right? He was just in a hurry" Louis assured him as the two walked in and followed the signs on the walls to room Y.6.

"You really think so?" Damian asked slowly gaining his confidence.

"Sure, just be confident in yourself. It is like you said before, no one cares about your looks here" Of course Louis wouldn't tell him that it might had been him who had scared the guy of with his abnormal looks.

The two however end up feeling lost when they tried to follow a map painted on one of the walls. "I'm Sure it showed up the stairs, right and the left.." Damian's head spun around to each hallway at they came to a point were the path spreadi three. "What an maze"

"Why aren't you two in class?" A firm strict voice asked Just a few steps behind them. Both turned back startled since they had been the only once on the hall until just then.

"I'm Sorry sir, we are looking for room Y.6" Louis quickly said as he showed the demon his paper.

The demon eyes both of them with one raised eyebrow, trying to figure out if they were joking or not. "You are standing in front of it" the man answered and point and tentacle (instead of arms) over at the door sign just beside them. None of the two could see a number though.

"Are you sure?" Damian mumbled still looking at the door.

"I'm sure, it's my classroom now I take it you are new so I'll let it pass." the teacher said as he pulled an notebook out of his pocket. "Names"

"Damian Galli" Damian answered when the teacher looked up at him. The tentacle noted the name before turning to Louis.

"Louis White"

"Alright mr Galli, go in and take a seat" The teacher didn't look up as he focused on writing something down in his notes. Louis was about to follow Damian but an tentacle pushed him back. "Just a moment mr White"

It took almost all of louis's willpower not to push the demon's tentacle off. the way it moved and the slim coming off it made the male take a deep breath as he bit the inside of his cheek. Damian sended him an look back filed with empathy, even he found tentacle disgusting and to be entirely honest the teacher smelled of fish.

Louis had to swallow the unpleasant taste forming at the back of his throat, before he could get a word out with an polite smile. "Anything the matter sir?"

"Yeah.." The teacher really took his time finishing his notes before he removed his tentacle and looked back up. "In this case I would have recommended you to a different class, but since I know for a fact there aren't any spots available I would still like to warn you. You see most of the students in this class weren't accepted in the world above and might not take it too kindly seeing you as... well human. If you would just pulled up your hoodie so it wouldn't make an commotion in my class, I would appreciate it."

"Sounds very much to me like you want me to hid away sir" Louis didn't bother to mind his tone. Vesper had told him not to hid and that he had just as much right being there as any other else.

"Am I sensing some sense of bad humor? you aren't above anyone here mr White. You'll quickly learn live aren't as simple like the one you had before. It was modeling you did was it not?" The demon rolled his eyes as he shook his head, making a light fire of anger bloom inside Louis. He was very sure this demon didn't care much for his students and certainly not him for being different.

Louis had this terrible urge to grab hold of the teacher and shake him, but that would mean actually touching those tentacles..yuck. "I don't see myself as above, I'm just no wussy."

The teacher shook his shoulders not anymore interested in the topic and wanted to get his lesson started.

"What did he want?" Damian whispered when Louis sat down on the empty spot at the same table.

"Nothing special" Louis answered just before the teacher cleared his throat and called the room to silence.

Okay Louis didn't get anything from the guy's lesson. Everything the demon said was already something he had either just read or seen it in one of those videos Vesper had borrowed him. And he hadn't make any friends either. He was pretty much completely being ignored the entire day just up until lunch where a small group of bigass guys and terrifying beasts grabbed him from behind and dragged him out on the boys toilet.

Louis had held his head high and defended himself the best way he could to with words without getting his face punched, before damian yelled out from the other side of the door that a teacher was coming and saved him from the fist just inches from louis's face.

"Aren't you gonna tell a teacher or at least Vesper! hello Louis they will just do it again" Damian said clearly concerned about why those big demon's were after him.

"If I tell you really think things will turn bettter?" Louis turned back, he was pissed and alomst wishing that guy had punched him, so he himself could have blown off some steam. "Just let it be and they grow tired, I know how to defend myself so next time just stay out of it!"

Damian stared at him in surprise by Louis outburst. Louis who alway seemed so calm was really snapping at him. "Fine, Jeesh no wonder what they say about you, humans really are all the same" Damian mumbled slightly annoyed over the way or the fact louis didn't get he was just trying to help, but then he took it too far and shut his mouth.

"What do they say.. come on tell me.." Louise tone was cold and threatening. Damian took a careful step back to make more space between them. "You think I want to be here?" Louis carried on when the other didn't answer him. "I had a life back in that world, I didn't ask or wanted to be dragged to hell. you're right I'm just some human like any other human and I hope the people down here soon realize it so I can go home."

Louis didn't have anymore he wanted to say and turned away. He had said everything needed and walked off leaving Damian alone. It wasn't his job to take care of the freak.. Louis already regretted just using the word in his head but could you really blame him. His fist burned and his blood boiled with rage.

He wasn't sure why he did it, the thing was just in his way and louis threw his fist right into the entrance pillar. He ignored the staring demons passing by, and just tucked his head down as he breath in deeply to calming his nerves. He didn't notice the crack in the marble pillar just were his fist had hit. He only knew his knuckles hurt and hid both hands in his front pocket as he took the same road back he had taken that very morning to school.

"Lets just hope that professor Cacier, doesn't call Vesper and report how ill-mannered I am" Louis rolled his eyes clearly knowing the guy wanted him out just because of his looks, but of course the guy had to make up other reasons too.

Louis took a second as he stood infront of the house and just looked at the building cut out of the rock wall. He closed his eyes and took another deep breath. F### he could still sense the fishy smell on him.

No need to drag it out, he needed a shower first of all and then he would see rather or not Vesper has talked with the school... man he felt completely like an small school kid again, he was 22 for crying out loud an adult yet he still felt noxious about a simple call.

Maybe it was because he and Vesper were starting to get more along and that he somehow didn’t wanted to disappoint the demon. Or maybe it was just something else Louis could quite put his finger on.

After a long hot shower Louis skin on his arms and chest showed signs of redness from how hard he had scrubbed his to get the scent of and the awful memory of tentacle out of his head. He threw on a shirt and pants before heading down stairs.

"Hey.. I'm back." Louis called out as he poked his head through the door to Vesper's workshop. He didn't enter of course since the other clearly had told him not to but he still wanted to at least let the other person a sign that he was back.

• 4 weeks later...

The school hadn't called Vesper. Despite the teacher's threats, the demon hadn't bothered to report Louis to the headmaster.

The headmaster himself were more mild towards new studies anyway and always offered them second changes to improve and get into routine.

But that being said, the teacher had still left a short message for Louis's guardian in which it said.

"The newly arrived halfbreed named Louis White, has showen little of respect towards the demons teaching at the facility and talked back in matters there were to the student's own safety.

We would like to imform that if this attitude do continue, it will be taken up with the headmaster in an discossion to fingur out rather or not the person in question is ready to be teached.

Regards Mr Cacier"

• 1 month later...

Vesper had the note on his desk. He'd read it several times over but didn't believe it. Louis was normally a polite, accepting creature that didn't snap at anybody. He'd never shown any sign of disrespect towards Vesper. There had to be something more going on and Vesper was sure to get to the bottom of it. He would speak to Louis first and hear his side of the story before approaching the teacher personally. He'd rather nip this in the bud before it became a problem.

'Please have a shower then get a start on dinner,' Vesper called. He was a little busy at the moment but would be finished up by the time Louis was ready to cook. The demon stopped what he was doing and got on with the process of packing up, followed by cleaning his workshop. He wouldn't have any more time to continue his hobby tonight. There was the talk with Louis to have and a few other cases to look over.

Once the workshop was cleaned to Vesper's satisfaction, he folded his apron and came out to look for his ward. He quietly began to start on setting out plates and cutlery for their meal before helping Louis out with whatever needed doing. After the cooking classes and spending time with Louis in the kitchen, Vesper was comfortable letting the half-demon cook simple things. It was best to let the ward take the lead when it came to cooking so he'd be able to function by himself when out in the real world.

It wasn't until the meal was prepared and they'd sat down for their meal that Vesper gave any hint of receiving the message from Mr Cacier.

'How was your first day of school?' Vesper asked mildly. 'Did anything happen? Did you get along with the other students?'

• 3 weeks later...

Louis smile became more relaxed as he felt his body loosen up. Vesper didn't look like someone who was mad or angry with him as he had expected.

Of course that being said he hadn't really been angry with him up till now. Maybe just abit when he had started a fire at the cooking class, but only the pan had caught on fire in the first place.

"I just took one" The halfbreed admitted. He didn't wanted to stay in the door and annoy the other too much while he was working, so he just made it short by agreeing to start up dinner before he closed the door again.

The food itself weren't anything worth bragging about. Louis just cut a lot of drifferent vegetables and spiced it up with dried herbs he knew from cooking class. Louis wasn't secure around the stove but after a few lessons he was slowly getting familiar with the oven.

When Vesper came up from his shop, Louis send him a kind smile as he started setting the table but other than that they worked quietly. His mind was still trying to come up with something to say when Vesper poped the question. Now he was just glad the demon wasn't like his parents whom were the only two persons who could read him like an open book.

They stood side by side, fixing up some meat and finishing the last few things before the food was brought into the table.

Louis was caught with a fork in his mouth when Vesper started to ask.

"...Finde, I did as you told me too, but I think is gonna take some time before any of my classmates starts to warm up to me. Damian however, he blended right in. It is just weird you know, going back to school though I'm this old now" Louis answered, he couldn’t had helpe the short hesitation at first but tried talking his way out of it as he concetrated himself not to grow tense or tighten his grip around the fork and knife.

Vesper inclined his head softly as Louis smiled at him. There was a comfortable look on Vesper's face. He didn't look troubled by what he'd read. He was slightly annoyed but anger did no good until he had all the facts. In general, it took a lot to spark any strong reaction out of the demon.

'Oh? Really?' Vesper replied mildly when Louis answered him. He looked up and raised an eyebrow. 'Are you absolutely sure nothing eventful happened in school today?'

The demon took up a bit of food and seemed thoughtful as he munched away. He was looking at Louis as if assessing him.

'I imagined it would be harder for you to fit in. You indeed look like a full caste human. I was worried the other half-castes might try to rough you up,' Vesper said in a way that he hinted something was up. 'You know, if something did happen, I'd prefer if you told me of your own accord rather than me having to press it out of you or speak to your teacher. You know I can only help you if you tell me what's wrong.'

Vesper continued eating, wiped his lips on the napkin then took a mouthful of his drink. He was waiting for Louis to tell him what had happened. He had not explicitly said it but he hoped his words hinted that he knew something was up. If Louis didn't confess to anything, Vesper would then repeat the letter Mr Cacier had sent him.

Vesper didn't believe him, sure enough, he had been told something. But the teacher couldn't have known about the demons who had pulled him aside after class.

Louis's eyes moved to avoid the demon's. He couldn't keep lying about everything.

"Well..huh.. There was something with one of the teachers" the young male said though he wasn’t much for admitting it. It was the teacher who was having a problem with Louis, not the other way around.

"He dosn't like the fact that I look human and basically told me to cover up through his entire class. But.. I didn't.."

'Something? What exactly happened?' Vesper asked, raising his eyebrow. He took a bit of his drink then sat back to listen to what Louis had to say for himself. The half-caste wasn't in trouble yet but he would be if he'd caused trouble for the teacher.

'Good for you,' Vesper answered when the younger man explained. 'It would be worse for you if you covered up. People will know you look human in time and it is best you don't draw attention to it by hiding it. Is that all that happened? Mr Cacier informed me you had an attitude, back-chatted and were disrespectful towards the teachers. I can repeat the letter if you wish.'

"I didn't uttered a word after I told him that I didn't see see myself as better than anyone else" Louis grimmeste. He was pretty sure none of the other teachers had bother as much as Mr Cacier had. And none of them seemed to have the same trouble with his looks as that demon.

"I acted like I would with anyone else. I didn't even let out my opinion when he was touching me with those things, seriously! I had to show two time before I could get the stink off. I don't know if I had an attitude or not but I sure as hell wasn't disrespectful towards anyone" the halfbreed answered and bit down on his lip, his eyebrows frowed. He didn't eat anything on his plate anymore. Louis was angry and tired, would every day end up like this from now on.

Pulling in a big breathe Louis turned his eyes back to Vesper. He tried sounding calm and collect as he spoke in a soft manner. "Listen I can deal with this on my own, unless spoken to I'll just stay clear of Mr Cacier"

• 2 months later...

Whatever Vesper had been eating was shortly coughed back up. He looked horrified.

'He touched you?!' Vesper said, sounding just as horrified as he looked. 'Teachers are not allowed to touch students. I will certainly have words with him if that's how he's going to behave!'

Vesper shook his head when Louis said he would deal with it. A letter had been sent home so it was Vesper's job to address it.

'I am sorry you had trouble on your first day. I had hoped this would be something you could look forward too. I'd rather nip this in the bud before it blooms into something toxic. If not for you, then for other half-breeds he may have issues with in future. Have any of the other teachers had words with you?' Vesper said calmly. He noticed Louis had stopped eating and nodded to the young man's plate. He wasn't going to force Louis to sit and the table and eat but he would pass comment. 'Starving yourself won't fix anything. If you're finished, clean yourself up and relax a while.'

Louis nodded with a worried look as he saw the horror on Vesper's face.

"It was forcefull" He had no idea why he was so quicke to say that first. "He just kept me in place and i could had pushed it away if needed.. Please don't say that stuff is gonna do some weird shit to me!" Louis turned pale just at the thought.

He shook his head as Vesper nodded towards the food. He couldn't even think to get a bite down the way his stomach twisted. "I think I'll just save this for lunch tomorrow instead" Louis said as he got up and went back to the kitchen to wrap up the food before cleaning the plate. Just as he was about to leave walk by the table Louis stopped up as if remembering something. "You know about the thing you talked some time ago. About bring some of my stuff down here.. well that wooden box i mentioned before... could i maybe get one of the crystals inside it?"

• 3 weeks later...

"Is not that I really need it for anything really importened.." Louis went quiet again, he wasn't sure how to explain how the rock would help him calm his nerves or if he even wanted someone to touch his stuff.

Now that he thought about it what was there to say that they hadn't already gone through his things to look for a clue to where his demonic father would be.

"A question. You said that I wouldn't be returning to the human world right. Then what would be happening with my live above? Have I just disappeared or did you guy sign some sort of paper which stats that I'm dead?"

Mean while Louis's apartment had already been ransacked. Standard procedure lead by the same demon who had worked with Vesper to bring Louis in.

Of course everything had been careful inspected to find clues that might be able to track down Louis father. So far it hadn't bought fort anything. However something out of place had turned up.

A old antique wood Chester box full with pure energy crystals.

The Bull demons couldn't figure where or how Louis had got his hands on them an was looking into possible dealers. He suspected Louis used the stones to keep up his human form, if what he saw on the test was real, there was no way the halfbreed could hold on to that appearance on his own without help.

And if his hypothesis was correct it would only be a matter of time before the juice ran out.

The Bull grunted as he pressed send. One copy of his notes to Vesper's adress and one to the council. Everything about Louis case just bothered him. The boy himself, the way he played the innocent and unknowning part so well. He was gonna get to the bottom with this one for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

'It will stain,' Vesper replied. 'Those with human blood get a nasty black mark wherever demon mucus touches them or a white one wherever angel mucus touches them. It won't come off until new skin replaces your old skin. It might not seem like it, but this is a good thing. If he ever did anything to you, you'd be able to prove it.'

Vesper wrinkled his nose.

'I'd prefer if you ate it for breakfast rather than letting it fester in a lunch box for several hours,' he commented. 'I'll make you something that will last longer.'

'You have a box of crystals? What are they for?' Vesper asked, mildly surprised. He raised his eyebrows and looked up from his meal. That was unexpected. He didn't say what he was thinking, just nodded and took another mouthful of food. 'I will see what I can do.'

'For now it will appear you have moved for a photo shoot overseas. The people searching your house will tell people you forgot a few things and they'd been sent to collect them. Depending on the results of your schooling, there will be an accident while you are overseas and your friends will be notified of your death. There will be an illusion as a body, there will be a funeral and it will go out in the local news of whichever country you are working in.'

The next day, Vesper had the Bull's report to read. He sat in his office with a frown on his face, his fingers drumming lightly at the keyboard without actually pressing the keys. There was also a request for Vesper to bring Louis in for questioning again. It was the next day during school and no doubt Louis would have a few extra bruises if the Bull was involved. At least Vesper was allowed to be there to make sure no bones were broken.

That night Vesper had dinner halfway cooked by the time Louis got home. He smiled at the young half-breed and watched out of the corner of his eye to make sure Louis took off his shoes, put on fresh socks and washed his hands.

'I've spoken to your teacher. There was a bit of a row between us. I must say, he's quite the attitude. I had to pull status over him and threaten his occupation but I think he gets my picture,' Vesper said calmly. He took up a teaspoon and tasted the meal. It needed more salt. 'I got us some human ingredients. I thought you might be missing "normal" food. It's spaghetti and meatballs. Will you try this for me?'

Louis didn't really want to argue about the food right then and just agreed to eat it before leaving for school in the morning instead.

He looked to the side a tiny bit embarrassed as Vesper asked to his crystals. "Oh, yeah... It's a long story. I've always liked pretty things and.." Louis paused briefly. "Well I like having som around me, it keeps me calm when I'm stressed out. You may think me weird but I normally always carries one with me, but you guys took the one I had as you grabbed me off the streets. Either that or i dropped it and I just brought it too" the halfbreed's cheeks had slowly turned in color to a light pink.

"I guess, to me my crystals in a way keeps me grounded" the male said as he look at Vesper, almost expecting him to start making fun of it. But inside he kind of doubt it, Vesper wasn't the kind of man who made fun of others.

"So... not death yet" Louis said to himself in a small sad voice. "Well it's gonna be an belivable story that for sure"

Louis shook his head. Why was he even getting depressed over thinking about that. Long before any death of his above, the demons down here would already realized that Louis wasn't a demon. They would send him back. He had to believe that.

After their conversation Louis went for another bath again before he spend the next two hours in his room, reading through demon society rules and laws. He didn't even noticed when he had fallen asleep, but woke the next morgen with the light on the nightstand still on and cradling the heavy book in his arms like a pillow.

He went about his morning, washed, got dressed, ate and headed off to school. He still walked the entire way but today he felt a bit more confident walking it, now that he knew the way.

Damian didn't meet up with him that morning or in the afternoon when they were in the same class. The demon did see him but tried to look to busy talking to some other demons beside him. Well after yesterday Louis couldn't blame him for being made at him. But In a way that suited Louis just fine.

Expescially as the long break came. The moment the teacher was out of the room. Three demons from yesterday grabbed him just as they'd the day before and dragged him to the men's room. They told him to keep up his fists. But when he didn't do it they punched him anyway. Louis hissed as the group started pushing him around, knocking him into a toilet stall. He hurt the back of his neck in the fall. Louis might had blackout of a bit because the next thing he knew one of the guys pulled him up and turned him around to face the toilet. He yanked Louis by his long hair forcing him down towards the latrine. Louis tried to rip himself loss, kicking and scratcheding into whatever he could reach. A bit of hair was pulled as he violently tried to rock his head free. But no matter what the demons holding him overpowered him by three and Louis's head splash into the toilet water. They kept him down just long enough so that he would come up gasping for air and the tell him things like "Ah how a filthy little bich he was that should just be flushed out with the rest of the shit" And the drip his head down again.

They continued this until the bell rung and finally left Louis alone, coughing water up and shaking as water dripped down his hair onto his jacked.

Louis's arrived later for the next lesson and had already mentally prepared himself for Mr octopus. Only the teacher barely seemed to noticed him let alone look as Louis walked to his seat.

Night took so long to get there, after school Louis had used the school's showers to clean himself and his clothes of. Then he had to wait until every had dried under the heater before he could dress.

By the time he finally reached home, Louis was tired as Fxxx.

"Hey I'm back" He greeted from the door as it slide open. He could smell the familiar scent of food and followed the scent to the kitchen after changing his socks and washed his hands in the zink. "It smells good" Louis comented as he joined Vesper in the kitchen.

Louis's eyes went wide when he saw the dish. "Really, you got all of this wow!" the halfbreed smile for the very first time that day as he took in the flavourable smell in a big deep breath.

When asked to try out the taste Louis almost jump over to grab a spoon to himself.

He diped it in taking a small piece of meat coated with sauce and held a hand underneath the spion as he carefully blew on it before taste.

"Mnh!" Louis hummed as he licked his top lip of sauce. "A bit more salt and it's perfect!"

• 1 month later...

(Additionale)

When Vesper told him he had talked with the teacher, Louis wasn't really surprised. Not with how the demon had pretty much left him alone.

"I thought you might have" Louis nodded as he set out the plats on the table. "I rather want him ignoring me that how it was before."