The Dollhouse (Pigeon & Noise Prince)

Kotorichan

Name: Shiori Lasin

Bio: Married to Carn for 6 years. Sees his family once a year but otherwise has no contact with anyone aside from his husband. Only hobby is sewing, mostly makes stuffed animals.

Appearance:

5'9

kimono_by_beebbub-dar82m9.jpg

His Husband

Name: Carn Lasin

Appearance: Pale, dark hair and eyes. 6'3 and lean

The mansion always felt cold and empty. It was far too big for just two people, even if there were servants. Everything was so clean and elegant that it felt more like a museum than a house.

Shiori's room was no exception. It had been decorated by Carn and so didn't reflect Shiori's taste in any way. It was all so elegant, and in very traditional Japanese style like the rest of the estate. Carn had said that it should remind Shiori of his home land. But Shiori knew it was just because he liked the image of a traditional Japanese crane as a wife. Of course the reason didn't matter, all that mattered was that he was stuck with this terrible man.

All day, while Carn was at work Shiori sat in his room and made small stuffed animals. It was the only thing he really had control over. He could choose what he made, what colors, what fabric... He wasn't permitted to leave the estate, and wandering around the seemingly endless gardens could only entertain him for so long.

After he finished work Carn drove to the place where he was supposed to meet Bruno. He hadn't told Shiori about the new servant, it was supposed to be a surprise. Shiori had seemed sad when their previous servant quit.

He parked on the street and walked towards the predetermined spot, looking around for the man.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• Noise Prince

Name: Bruno Romano

Bio: An Italian-American former-construction worker, he was in an accident that left him with a limp, though he remains hopeful about other job prospects. He's very energetic and optimistic about life in general

Appearance: (coming soon I promise) 5'7

Bruno was on the lookout for the Lasin man. He'd never met him before, but everyone knew who he was. The wealthiest and most eccentric man in town, he made himself quite a name. He had agreed to take him on for a job at the mansion. The timing couldn't be more perfect for Bruno. He was itching for a new job now that he was used to getting around using a cane. While his mother wanted him to rest more, it was hard to keep Bruno down for long.

Plus, he might even meet Lasin's rumored wife. He never came out, no one had ever seen him, but he was said to be beautiful, a swan from Japan. Or maybe a crane?

"Mister Lasin!" Bruno called when he spotted him, making his way across the street to meet him.

"Ah, there you are." Carn walked closer to meet the man. "It's good to see you Mr. Romano." He shook the other's hand firmly. "I'm glad you could meet me here, I wanted to speak with you about the details of your job while we drive." He gestured for Bruno to follow as he walked towards his car.

"As I mentioned before, this first week will be something of a trial period. You will be expected to come in every morning and leave at night, I will pay for your transportation costs of course. If you seem to be a good fit for the job then I'd like you to move into one of the rooms of the mansion and work full time. Of course you will have Sundays off and if you need other times off then you can just ask." He smiled brightly and opened the door of the car for Bruno, allowing him to get in more easily.

Bruno gave him a lopsided smile and extended his free hand towards him. Carn Lisen struck an imposing figure to be sure, but Bruno was of the mind that the more open and kind you were, no matter how cold, anyone could be friendly with you, so he planned on applying the same philosophy now. Rich people couldn't be that different, after all.

He followed Carn towards his car, rather excited to ride in such a nice one, he had to make himself pay attention.

"Yes, Mister Lisen. Don't worry, I tend to fit into most places, even if the cane is a tight squeeze," Bruno laughed. "Hey, thanks, Mister," Bruno smed back, broadly, displaying his dimples. He crawled into the car.

Carn got into the driver's seat. "The cane is no problem, my home has plenty of space for such things." He started the car and began to drive to his mansion which was a short distance out of town.

"Now, I know I didn't tell you much about what your job will entail. I wanted to tell you after I had hired you." Carn didn't like to tell anyone much about his wife, he was worried that someone might find some way to hurt him. "My wife's personal servant recently quit due to some family issues. So I was hoping you would replace him. Shiori is a very delicate flower and I worry about him whenever I am away for business."

Bruno chuckled a little nervously, thinking it was a pretty literal interpretation of his quick joke. Maybe Carn was just a serious man. But still, it was good to know that it wouldn't be a problem. Of course, Carn knew about it before hiring him, so it'd be strange for him to suddenly object to it. But Bruno had seen that it makes some people uncomfortable. In a small area like this, most everyone knew most everyone, so he thought a lot of it was from the fact that they knew him before the accident, and felt awkward about it now. Bruno didn't see the need. Sure, it was a little sad, but his main obstacle was finding work he could do with a cane and without any formal higher education. And that he didn't have to move particularly fast at, or use both hands a lot.

Bruno's ears lifted at the mention of his wife. So not only would he see him, he'd actually be his personal servant. Huh! He turned his head again, so that Carn wouldn't see his mouth, and he practiced the mouth shapes to say his name. Shi-o-ri. Even the name had a delicate feel to it.

"Oh, well, that's understandable." Bruno agreed. He certainly didn't have any qualms about being hired for a mystery job, so long as it was honest work. It made life a bit more interesting. Plus, everyone knew how secretive the Lasin's wife was, he was kind of a local legend. Bruno was sure this position was kept vague so that Carn didn't have voyeurs try to sneak a peak. Bruno had to admit that he might've been tempted himself even if he wasn't after the job. But it didn't matter now, he was legitimized.

"You won't have to worry anymore now, Mr. Lasin!"

"Good, I do hope you get along." Carn glanced over at him. "Although I must warn you, if you lay a finger on my wife I will make sure you never work in this city again." He turned his attention back to the road as they arrived at the mansion. He pulled into the long driveway. A servant opened the gate for him to drive through and locked it behind him as Carn parked next to his other cars, all of which looked extremely expensive. He stepped out of the car and opened the door for Bruno.

A servant knocked on Shiori's door to notify him that Carn had arrived. Shiori neatly put away his work before going to the front door to meet his husband. He knew how much Carn liked to be greeted upon arrival, and would get upset if he felt Shiori was ignoring him.

Bruno seemed a little taken back, before shaking his head violently.

"O-of course, I wouldn't dream of hurting him, don't you worry about that." He assured the stern-faced man. And Carn really had no reason to not believe him. From all the jobs Bruno had worked over the years, he'd never lost one due to a lack of moral fiber, something any reference or background check would tell him. Soon the car pulled up towards the Lasin manor, and parked alongside a collection of luxury vehicles. While Bruno was ogling them, Carn had come to his side and opened the door for him. Bruno blushed, though fortunately his complexion kept it from being too apparent. He climbed out of the car, thanking the man, and followed his lead. He was pretty excited to meet his elusive wife, wondering just how beautiful and delicate he must be to need this kind of treatment. Or maybe he was sickly. He tapped his wooden cane discreetly at the thought.

Carn's expression lit up as he opened the door and saw Shiori waiting. "Darling..." He stepped inside, slipping off his shoes before pulling the crane into his arms. "I'm home."

Shiori rested his head against the man's shoulder. "Welcome back dear..." He peeked around his husband to see who else was there. It wasn't someone he recognized, and didn't look like someone Carn knew from work. "We have a guest..?" He asked softly, looking up at the taller man.

"Ah yes" Carn stepped to the side, keeping one arm around his wife's waist. "Shiori this is Mr. Bruno Romano he is going to be taking Nathan's place." He kissed the top of Shiori's head. "I wanted it to be a surprise..."

"I see, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Romano." Shiori bowed slightly. The entire time his voice and expression stayed the same, calm with a hint of sadness in his eyes. Carn never seemed to notice the crane's lack of emotion, if he did then he must assume it was from Shiori's reserved nature.

Carn's demeanor seemed to completely change when he saw his wife. Bruno could see why, he really was as beautiful as the rumors said. Stark black and white markings on his face, fine features, long hair. And he dressed in gorgeous silks. Unlike Carn, Bruno was quick to notice, Shiori's expression didn't change at all. And not just in the way that Carn had lit up, but even the small changes when someone talks, the inflections. There was almost something sorrowful in the way he talked and moved, but an unemotional sad, his voice didn't falter or strain. Bruno wondered if it was because he was from Japan, but something about that seemed off.

"The pleasure is mine," Bruno said, quickly mimicking the bow himself. "And calling me Bruno would be just fine, Mister Shwori."

Shiori' eyes flickered with amusement as his name was mispronounced. It was somewhat funny and almost cute to see someone trying so hard to be polite. The amusement disappeared almost instantly when Carn spoke again.

"His name is Shi-ori, not Swori." Carn snapped, pulling the crane a little closer to his side. "Please try to get it right."

"It's alright dear," Shiori lightly nuzzled the taller man. "I'm sure he is just a bit nervous, I don't mind at all."

"You're far too forgiving..." Carn's expression softened again as he turned to his wife. "I just want you to feel at home."

"I do feel at home." Shiori leaned up and kissed Carn lightly. "I'm sure you are tired from work. Why don't you rest for a bit and I can give Mr. Bruno a short tour?"

Bruno realized he had said his name incorrectly, but thought it was worth it when he saw a sort of twinkle in Shiori's eye. He thought he might even crack a smile at the butchering of his name, but before that could happen, Carn's expression darkened at a much quicker rate. He pulled his wife closer, as if Shiori could have been hurt.

"Y-yes, I'm sorry. I'll try to get it right the next time." Bruno promised the two of them, hoping this wouldn't be his first strike during his trial period. He felt much better when Shiori offered to give him a tour of the place. He felt more relaxed with Shiori than Carn, even if he didn't know how to say his name properly. Plus, he was really excited to see the inside of this place.

"If you're sure you don't mind..." Carn gently stroked his wife's cheek. "And you promise to call for me if anything happens."

"Of course, just get some rest." Shiori gave him another kiss before pulling away.

Carn gave the crane a peck on the forehead. "I'll see you both at dinner then." He gave Bruno one last threatening look before walking away.

Shiori stayed silent until he was sure Carn was far enough not to hear them talk. "I apologize, Carn can be a bit overprotective at times." He bowed his head slightly. "I do hope that has not scared you away from this position."

Bruno felt a little awkward. Maybe he felt like he was watching an intimate moment between the lovers, or something equally personal. Something about the two of them like this made him feel awkward. 6

The deer nodded to Carn hesitantly, silently agreeing to the consequences suggested by the glare. He might just refer to Shiori as "mister" for a while.

"Ah, you don't got to worry 'bout that. If you're gunna let me live here, it's better I can say your name right, right?" He shrugged, grinning.

"I do not mind if you mispronounce my name, however Carn thinks that it is disrespectful." Shiori lightly pushed his hair back over his shoulder. "Well, my name is Shiori. Shi- as in sheep, o, ri- as in read. You can practice as much as you'd like as I show you around."

"Please leave your shoes by the door and follow me." The crane waited for a moment before starting to walk down the hall. "The estate is very large, so you may have a bit of trouble finding your way around at first. If you stay I am sure you will get used to it."

Bruno's uneasiness melted away after a few moments with Shiori. He may be a little weird with his automatonesque mannerisms, but he was very kind.

"Shee-o-ree," he repeated slowly while taking off his shoes, then smiled by how close it sounded now.

"Yeah, I'll be sure to practice. Thanks...shee-o-ree."

He followed the crane down the hallway. The estate sure was big but Bruno hadn't particular trouble about directions so he wasn't all that worried, but he was going to pay close attention during the tour.

Shiori gestured towards one of the doors. "This is Carn and my room, Carn does not like it when people enter it without permission..." He moved to the next door and opened it to reveal his sewing room. There was a chabudai with a single zabuton under it. On top of the chabudai was a sewing machine. The walls were lined with drawers that were covered with small stuffed animals, each one expertly made. "I spend most of my time here..."

Bruno nodded, making a mental note to not enter that room. He certainly wasn't going to take any chances about making Carn angry with him. And right next door was his sewing room- convienient! Now if the dining room was also close that'd be perfect for when Shiori was in a good sewing roll, he only needed the three rooms.

He peered in and saw a sewing machine, a small round table, he figured was Japanese since it looked really unusual to him, the walls lined with drawers and hoards of stuffed toys sat atop. Bruno's eyes lit up.

"You collect toys here, too?" He grinned. "My little sister- the youngest of us, just started doing odd jobs for the grandparents, kind of a rite of passage, and saves her money to buy toys. The rest of us just bought candy and ate it in the same day. Thought she was the smartest but now her collection is getting a little..." He trailed off when he realized he didn't see any clothes or curtains or something of the like.

"Unreasonable... Oh, you made these yourself, didn't you?" Bruno chuckled nervously. "Sorry, I was assuming you made clothy stuff, like clothes and cloth napkins or something..."

"It is alright, I suppose my collection has gotten a bit unreasonable... I just can not bring myself to throw them away." Shiori let out a soft sigh. "Carn has a very particular style that he wants things to be, so curtains or napkins would be pointless. Clothes would also go to waste because he only picks out very expensive and well made clothes for me to wear. He would probably not wear anything I made for him either since he has to look a certain way for work." He slid the door closed and turned away, trying not to hint at his sadness. "I have asked Carn if there is any sort of orphanage where I could donate the toys, or even make clothes for the children. But he does not approve of that idea."

He walked to the next door and slid it open, showing a beautiful room that seemed completely untouched. "There are many room such as this which have no purpose. They are just because the mansion is too large for us..." He closed the door again and began to walk, ignoring other doors.

Bruno was less successful at hiding his shock than Shiori was at hiding his sadness. He couldn't imagine living with someone who was so controlling. He wouldn't let Shiori make anything but stuffed toys, and then not even let him give then away. And if he had a wife who sewed him something, he would rather give up all his other clothes than refuse it, as indecent as that may leave him.

Of course, he wasn't as important or proper as Carn. His momma had warned him about how different wealthy people could be, and not to be too focal about it.

"No, no... That came off wrong... You're very good at your craft, Mister shee-o-ree, you ought to be proud to display it."

He followed him down the hall, seeing another beautiful room, then passing numerous rooms the crane deemed unnecessary to the tour. Wow, a home with so many surplus rooms...

• 2 weeks later...

"Thank you Mr. Bruno." Shiori bowed his head slightly in response. He finally opened one of the doors to a huge library. "I am sure that you will become bored at times. So please feel free to read whichever book you would like. Of course they do belong to Carn so please be careful not to rip the pages. It would also be good for you to only read when he is away. He seems to think that I need constant attention and assistance."

"Of course, of course," Bruno nodded, following Shiori into the library. It was an expansive room, lined with countless books. His eyes widened. There were more books here than the town library! He'd never seen so many books, except for drawings, maybe.

"Oh, I'd be sure to be very careful." Bruno assured him. "Of course, it's best that I don't make a habit of leaving you unattended too much, considering my job, 'n all."

"You really do not need to spend every moment with me unless you wish to. I am much more capable than Carn may lead you to believe." Shiori closed the door to the library. "However if you prefer you can simply bring a book with you and read while I sew. I do not wish for you to spend your days being bored."

He lead Bruno out to the garden, slipping on a pair of sandals to prevent his feet from getting dirty. He got out another pair for the man. "You are more than welcome to spend time outside if you wish. Although there is little to do out here since Carn hires people to take care of the plants."

"I just might wish too," Bruno blurted. He was so comfortable with Shiori right now, and he couldn't deny that his beauty just might have something to do with that as well. He could really see himself enjoying just being around Shiori for hours. Of course, that probably wasn't the most appropriate thing to vocalize to the boss's wife. "S-so I just hope you don't get sick of me," He added quickly, hoping to make it seem like it was all just a light-hearted joke.

Shiori almost seemed resentful of Carn, if Bruno didn't know they were married, or at the very least, he was annoyed with his husband's delicate treatment of him. Seemed Shiori felt underestimated. Bruno wondered again if he was sick, and was capable of doing more but Carn feared over-excersion would result in a health lapse. Bruno knew better than to pry, but he was very curious. He hoped, in due time, this little mysteries would reveal themselves.

He followed Shiori outdoors into the garden, quickly stepping into the shoes provided for him. It was as impressive as the library. Expansive, beautiful, serene. Everything was kept so tidy it was all so perfect, it seemed more like decoration than nature, like the ornate paneling and reliefs in the home. It was almost paradisiacal.

Shiori's eyes widened slightly at the comment, surprised at how forward the man was being. His cheeks flushed softly and he quickly looked away. It was probably the most emotion he had shown since meeting the other man. "I do not think I shall grow tired of your company, thank you for showing concern."

"W-well, on with the tour I suppose..." He gestured to a small building in the garden. "That is our tea house, if I am not in my sewing room then I will most likely be there. I find it a very calming place to spend time."

He thought for a moment. "There are not many other rooms that have much purpose. You will see the kitchen and dining room when we eat. I suppose that means we should go meet with Carn in the sitting room."

• Saga locked this topic