The World Of Mers (By M-jow & ZX-MetalMonster. Private)

M-jow

Name: Noah

Species: Merman

Appearance:

Noah is a pure white tail mer, which is like an albino with light skin and short white hair. He is of average height, but a bit more slender than most males and doesn’t have a tendency to gain much muscle, much to his disappointment. He’s got soft smooth facial features making him looking a bit boyish of his age. His eyes glows in a light sky blue and his black eyelashes makes them seem cleared.

Personality:

Noah is hard working and smart. He often smiles even when everything goes against him. He doesn’t have any friends due to that he looks different, but he’s friendly and kind to all nonetheless.

Noah wants nothing more than to be accepted, but mostly falls to do so. He is good at making hunting tools offend makes tools for his sisters, since they themselves only makes poor quality, which aren’t even useable. Noah is lousy to refuse any request from others that being from his sisters who are all really lazy or others from the tribe, wanting to be of use but since he isn’t good at speaking for himself, he always ended up taking more then he can handle, as well as being his sisters personal housemaid. Noah loves his sisters, but also finds them to be a pain in the nack.

Other:

He covers himself in squid ink to make his tail and hair to look gray, thinking others will like him more that way.

He would really want to become a hunter, but he just isn’t cut out for that, but still tries since it the only way that he can prove himself a real man.

Noah’s real parents were attack by a shark before he was born, it killed his farther, and his mother died giving birth to him. A willing couple who already had six daughters raised him like their own son, but they too died in an accident when he was seven years old. His sisters names are Amina, Malisa, Evina, Tersa, Lumai and Lizzy same order as birth.

Noah was overextended, he had spent most of the month making stalls for the merchants and preparing for the feast tonight. Even his sisters had worked a bit on their stall, even if it had only been to decorate. They would sell jewelrys made of pearls and shiny black stones, his sisters had made them. Those stones only existed in their tribe’s territory.

They had been quite popular the last few years, they had told him. And had usually they would come home with lots exciting things for him to see.

But this year would be driftnet, now at the age of 18, Noah could participate in the spring gathering, but most of it all, he looked forward to this years first hunt. This would be his moment to prove himself a man.

Noah was humming as he swam around, decorating the big cave hall with luminous moss in every color, maked a nice light in the cave. The cave itself have a circular opening leading right up to the surface.

One of his sisters had told him that the place was an old extinct volcano.

Noah had at first been terrified to go in, frightened that it would awake as soon as he got in. But he then he quick discovered just how stupid he had been for thinking so. It had been nothing more than just warm water inside the cave.

The warmed felt great and he had enjoyed it while decorating the inside.

Some of the other tribes had already came, lots of colors swam outside through the market, Noah had never seen so many mers gathering in one place before, and he had been told that there would come many more as the night fall and the feast would begin.

Looking at his reflection in the smooth stone wall, he verified that the ink covering him was holding. He hated the sad gray color look, it gave him. The ink made his hair sticky, but it wasn’t like he could take it off, since the tribe didn’t like his color.

When done with his tasks it was starting to get dark. Noah knew that his sisters could be needing his help at their stall, but he wanted to look around first.

The luminous moss shined brightly throughout the market, making him see mers in all colors like red, blu, green and even yellow. Those guys swan like they owned the place, showing of their bright tails, an Noah thought that in their tribe they probably did.

Noah swam through the market two times before one of his sisters found him.

“Noah!” Evina yelled. She was his third oldest sister. “You get your tail over to Amina, she has been looking for you, she in the stall, Lumia and Lizzy are with her.”

“Where are you going?” Noah asked a bit annoyed to have been found.

“As a girl of our tribe it is my duty to bid those hunky guys welcome.” She answered before she disappeared into the crowd. Noah rolled his eyes, but swam forwards his sister’s stall.

Amina the oldster stood behind the twins Lumia and Lizzy, she had put the two youngest sisters to the task of attending the shop.

All the sisters looked a lot alike, they were all brown tails with dark blond hair and with nicely tanned skin.

“Noah, good you could come, how was work?” she asked smiling as he saw him.

“Good I think, what would you like me to do?” Noah asked waiting for the favor she soon would ask.

She winked before putting an arm around him. “Could you help us until the feast starts, then I promise we girls wouldn’t bother you tomorrow.”

Noah didn’t need to think hard on that one before he accepted the offer.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M-jow

• ZX-MetalMonster

Name: Madoc (often addressed as Mads)

Appearance: Madoc is impressive in appearance, both taller than his tribesmen and extensively muscular with the dull black color of his tail providing him high social standing. His skin, though many times lighter than his scales is also dusky but partially concealed by clothes that wrap around his chest. His features are predominantly sharp and give Madoc an air of maturity, lips thin and inexpressive, most often pressed together in what to others resembles a frown, nose straight and jaw square and strong. The color of his eyes is striking, the pale green providing a contrast to the dark tones that encompass the entirety of his body and the charcoal black of his hair.

Personality: Madoc is a short tempered man and is unafraid to act out on his anger, fully aware his behaviour, no matter how rude, will be forgiven on account of his importance as a hunter. Having been recognized as someone talented and special from an early age he was always well liked and surrounded both by friends he cherished and those he disliked. Despite being well accustomed to such company, he does at times want to be left alone with his thoughts and so has developed a tendency to sneak away and hide. Though he is known for his subtle frown, Madoc has a sense of humor and is happy to cheer up the one's close to him when they need it. It's not uncommon to find him asleep or wasting hours resting even when he hasn't done much because despite being one of the best hunters he is rather lazy.

Other: The black color of Madoc's tail, though now rare, was once the defining trait of a tribe of mermen who lived in dim underwater caves and at great depths. This originally isolated tribe had many skilled hunter however as they became accepting of others their society broke apart and they became a part of larger groups. The greatest advantage of Madoc and similarly dark tailed mermen is their ability to easily go unnoticed both by predators and prey.

Having been bombarded with unwanted attention for the entirety of the day Madoc welcomed the darkness that came with the sunset, hopeful that it would conceal him from the crowd that had formed around him and followed close behind wherever he tried to retreat and be alone. It was unfortunate however that this evening most places were well light and even as night fell everyone went on with their business and it seemed he would have no peace until the early hours of the morning when his company normally rested.

Surrounded by a group of three men and a pair of females who'd been outgoing enough to approach them but now seemed shy and whispered between themselves, Madoc was overwhelmed still from his stance and expression no one would guess it. Deathly silent with his skin absorbing the light that fell on his body, he resembled an animated shadow and moved as one, continually seeking a place by the cliff face where he could grow still.

-"It's astonishing, they are following us around to get my attention for once."

Of the group who glued themselves to him, Madoc cared to listen only to one man who'd followed and bothered him so many times before that he'd grown accustomed to his presence and had begun to consider him a friend. This handsome male now whispered by his ear but soon returned his attention to the two girls who were keeping them company and smirked devilishly before conversing with the two and leading them away. Not for the first time, Madoc was thankful for the turn of events the other man engineered and now with the crowd around him greatly reduced he started to plan his escape.

Drifting further from lively and well populated locations, he started to move swiftly and though he hadn't at any point voiced his wish to be alone, soon it was apparent he hoped for the others to be unable to keep up. Perhaps unwilling to hurry and attempt moving with such agility or now aware that they were unwanted, the others fell behind and soon Madoc was left to drift alone through dim waters.

“I think this is enough for tonight.” Amina declared, seeing as it was about time for the feast to start. “Noah can you take those two nets with the stones and pearls? Those we need to bring home for the night.”

“Sure.” Noah answered, while grabbed one of the nets. It was heavy and although he ignored it, as he swung both of the nets over his shoulders, he sank a few centimeters. He’s tail swam with powerful strokes just to keep himself upstanding.

“You’re good?” Amina asked raising an eyebrow.

Noah nodded wildly, before he swum with strong strokes away. He couldn’t swim very fast cause of the weight he carried. He imagined himself as a turtle, because that was how he felt right about now.

As he moved further away from the marked the dark water surrounded him. He thought about taking the luminescent moss up from his bag, but then he would haft to put the nets down. No, his arms were already killing him, besides there probably weren’t far before he would reach their cave.

He couldn’t see much in front of him, but he had a sense of which direction to swim. The moon was out tonight, its lights didn’t reach this far down. But he could just see his pale arms, and tail shining faintly under the ink.

A figure appeared in front of him. It happened just so quickly, Noah didn’t have the time to react, before smashing into a wall of muscles, dropping the nets as he was taking back against the cliff.

There was a small sound of fabric slashing, but luckily Noah didn’t feel anything pierced his skin.

“Sorry!” Noah apologized to the mer he had swum into. Off all the space there was in the sea, Noah had actually swum into someone. God, how embarrassing!

He looked up seeing a dark tail, he couldn’t tell cause of the darkness what color, but it looked black.

The further he saw up his eyes meet a perfect face, strong jaw lines, straight nose and lips pressed tight together. Fuck, he had probably pissed the guy off. The merman was one of the tallest he had ever seen, and the guy looked strong enough to use Noah as a toothpick. No wonder, he became a bit scared.

“Sorry!” Noah repeated, while his eyes looked for those nets he had dropped. Oh no, they had surely falling into the depths of the darkness below them, his sisters would kill him.

• 1 month later...

Accustomed to making his way through murky waters, Madoc welcomed the dark night and traversed through the near black ocean with little worry that something would appear on his path. He had eyes keen enough to spot the smaller form making its way towards him, and the agility to turn sharply and move out of the way, however with his thoughts drifting he neither took note of the other male nor did anything to clear his path.

Despite the weight he carried and the strength he employed to progress forward with the nets placed over his shoulder, the smaller man failed to move Madoc from his place when they collided and in stead only interrupted his train of thought. Somewhat startled and at first unsure what had just happened, Madoc watched the other be knocked back and without much thought placed both hands on his arms to keep him in place.

-"Are you alright...?" Madoc asked while his eyes studied the other, more so to check if he'd ended up hurt than to learn his appearance, though his gaze lingered on the merman's face. He disregarded his apology, aware that he could had easily moved out of the smaller male's way and so considering himself responsible for the accident. However, despite having admitted that he was at fault, Madoc was still angry, especially after realizing that he must had caused problems for the stranger by making him drop the nets he'd been carrying.

With a deep sigh, he drew his hand away from the young male and with a quiet mutter instructed him to wait before descending into the dark depth underneath them where he hoped to find the two nets. There seemed to be a long way down to the ocean bed and Madoc was aware that even with his nature it would be difficult to descend that far down and so hurried to recover what the other had dropped before it fell out of his reach.

"I... I'm find." Noah was slightly shocked that the man’s voice sounded so gently, when he looked so mad.

Even his hands seemed gently as they held him steady.

He was even more surprised as the mer started to swim downwards. The darkness engulfed the mers form, the dark tail really made the man blend in.

Noah tried look for him as he swam just above the spot where he had last seen a glimpse of the mer. Noah didn’t like the darkness, who knew what could be down there, and yet deep down inside buried beneath his fear, there was a bit off curiosity as well. But right now, he worried about the mer who had set off after the nets Noah had dropped.

Noah uttered a gasp, startled as he saw movement, but sighed a breath of relief as he recognized shadow coming up.

He really got them, Noah didn’t know what to say, no one other than his sisters had ever helped him before, but this mer seemed nice, even though he looked as a tough guy.

Noah was all smiling as the he went down to meet the man. “Thank you very much, you just saved my ass big times!”

Noah reach his arms forward to take the nets. “Sorry for the trouble though. I’m Noah.”

Handing back the supplies the other man had dropped. Madoc intended to give the male a polite nod and be on his way. Though he’d exchanged only a few words with the stranger he assumed he would be no different from the group he’d just escaped and give him no peace. However after the man introduced himself Madoc felt obliged to keep him company for at least a short while.

-”I’m Madoc.” He answered shortly and swam beside the smaller male, now having decided to invest more of his attention into studying and memorizing the young man’s face. It was the color of the other mer’s tail that intrigued him though because past the gray he caught glimpses of something lighter and more dazzling whenever strands of moonlight would make their way through the dim water and fall on their forms.

-”What an unusual color.” Madoc commented, unworried if his words would be taken as praise or a critique, his gaze staid fixated on the smaller man’s scales for a long moment before he looked up to meet his eyes. “I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it before… I’m curious how it would seem in the light.” He thought out loud and his expression seemed unfriendly though in truth he’d finally found a motive to speak to the other male.

Carrying the heavy load again made him sigh with relief, there would had been no end off it, if the others found out he had lost them.

He was a bit surprised when the mer swam up beside him, but became tense as soon as the mer called Madoc referred to Noah's tail color.

"Oh no, it not unusual at all it just gray, lots of mers have this color at these parts." Noah tried to laugh it of as if it was nothing.

"And just so you know, you really don't have to follow me. I'm just the idiot who swam into you, besides the feast is about to start aren't you going back?" He asked quickly changing the subject, he didn't wanted to be rude to the first nice person he had met. But he to didn't want to delay the guy either.

• 4 months later...

Madoc drifted leisurely alongside the other man and spared another glance at his tail when the youth assured him there is nothing unusual about it's color. Having pointed out the color only because it'd briefly gleamed in the darkness, he easily lost interest and didn't object when the conversation changed direction.

-"No, I've had enough company for one night..." Madoc gave the vague answer and made no effort to conceal his displeasure at recalling how he'd spent the evening. "I'm in the mood for solitude..." There wasn't such a time when he wasn't. "You aren't annoying me yet though... I don't mind you." He explained before the boy had a chance to question why he was accompanying him if he wanted to be alone.

To Madoc who'd become too accustomed to crowds and young men and women who were loud and assertive, the polite and apologetic man with him now was akin to a ghost. He was a faint presence in comparison, barely there, and Madoc appreciated it.

"Oh, well okay then, each his own person, I'm going though" Noah smiled more for himself than at the other. "since I helped putting everything up I just can't wait"

Noah sneaked a look at the other, the guy definitely looked the part of a hunter from what he could make out In the darkness. "Are you gonna joine the hunt tomorrow?" He asked after a littel time had past with neither of them speaking much. "Sorry it just that you look the part and all"

Madoc gave a nod and looked upon the other man with a faint smile that could easily go unnoticed, hidden by the darkness the two traveled through. Being labeled a hunter came across as a compliment but the young man still apologized and among other things, Madoc considered it oddly charming.

-"Yes... How about you?" He asked as an afterthought but then wondered about his companions age and if he was old enough to be part of the hunt. However he kept in mind that a hunters wit was as crucial as his size and strength and kept the thought to himself, careful not to potentially underestimate the other.

Noah nodded with grined wide and his white teeths reflected the soft moon light shining though the quite waters.

"Yeah, this will be my first time though, but I trained for years and just waited until I got old enought" Noah admitted, bit didn't mind the look the guy was giving him as he tried to measurer Noah's body for mucels and such, Noah was use to it.

He properly wasn't all that good off a hunter yet, but if he had hid tail covered as always he was able to catch squides and sometimes though rare, rather big fish.

It didn't take long before Noah started to skim he's and his sisters cave just along the next cleft, the opening wasn’t all that big, just big enough fit one mer though the whole.

It was more secure that way, it made it so that sharks wouldn't just suddenly swim into their home when ever they got a scent of mer, of curious for fish.

"Well this is me" Noah said. All he needed to do now was to push the net though the entrance and drage it into the stock room, before he then could swim back to the feast.

• 1 month later...

With their accident from before in mind and seeing how it might be troublesome to get the nets inside, Madoc considered staying for a while longer to make sure the other male wouldn't get into any more trouble. However, when the other spoke up it sounded like he wanted them to part ways and Madoc wasn't the kind to insist on keeping someone company. For the first time in years, he was unenthusiastic at the thought of being left alone and it made him wonder if perhaps it meant he should try to be a friend to the other.

-"We might see each other tomorrow..." Madoc started in a quiet voice and it was easy to see he was still debating with himself what to say. "It might be hard to... do everything right when you haven't been in a hunt before..." Since he hoped to be liked enough by the other man to be in his company again, he chose his words carefully and tried not to make it sound like he doubted the other could do well. "If you need it, you can ask for my help."

Noah smiled a wide shy smile, this guy was really nice he thought. "I hope we do see again, thank you, I appreciate that.. Not many around here to ask anyway" He replied happy, though the last part was more a soft whisping coment to himself.

"Well then I wish you a good evening mr Madoc and best hopes for a safe and inbringing hunt tomorrow" Noah said as he bid the dark merman goodnigh.

-"Good evening." Madoc echoed the words and backed away from the young man while still turned to him. The glimpse of a smile appeared on his lips for a short moment one more time before he finally set off and smoothly swam away.

An unfamiliar unease set upon him the further he slipped into the darkness and quiet of the ocean and he was astonished to realize that for the moment, he was unhappy alone. It crossed his mind to return to the friend who he'd left with a group of his fans, but this option felt no more appealing than being on his own. Hoping the discomfort would lessen and fade away, he proceeded to a safe, secluded place and laid himself down to rest.

Noah watched until the man disappeared and became one with the darkness, at first he had thought that he was annoying to the mer, but that guy had smiled eventhough just a little and even offered to help with advice.

Noah was all smile and had this happy-go-lucky ticklish feeling into every bone.

This was the first time that he might had actually done a okay first meeting and not ended with the other person looking at him in disgusted! Noah did a victorious spine around with a giggle, before he remembed that he needed to put the net away and took it into the cave.

The feast was well going when he finally arrived and though some of the mers from his clan sent him looks that said 'you don't belong here' nothing really seemed to break his good mood tonight. One of his sisters even asked how come that he was in such a good mood, but Noah just shook his head not sharing that information because the he was afraid that it might not even had happened.

In the morning before the hunt, nothing really changed except for now he was totaly nervous and over exited all at the same time. His eldes sister had threatened him that she would throw away all his tools if he didn't stop acting all that energetic so early in the morning.

Noah had just kissed her cheek not taking anything she said seriously when she had a hangover.

Despite his discomfort at having to isolate himself, Madoc quickly drifted off to sleep, finding comfort in the vague dream that played out in his mind throughout the night. In the morning, there was no one and nothing to wake him up but there never had been and he was astonished to find himself disappointed that there was no one to greet him when he blinked his eyes open.

Swimming slowly, he emerged from the stone shelter he'd come to consider a home and drifted casually through the water, illuminated by pale sunlight. He was unfazed by the thought that soon he would participate in the hunt, having done so enough times that the event didn't carry the same weight it once had.

Rather than busy himself with preparations, for now he searched for the friend he'd left behind the previous evening. He was certain the other man had forgotten everything when he'd caught the attention of the two females and was now passed out somewhere, however he was part of the party Madoc normally hunted with and so he was interested in forcing him to be ready in time.

It was unconventional to hunt in a group, but over the years Madoc had met a few rare mers who he didn't mind and unknowingly they had made a tradition of meeting for various things.

Noah had just prepared some food when his fourth sister Tersa appeared accompanied by an unknown mal right in her tail. Usally others rarely visited, but this was the gathering after all.

"I have offered my new friend here something to eat, you don't mind one more do you." Tersa didn't bother wating for his answer before she offered her sex..eh 'friend' some of the food already prepared, nothing Noah wasn't already use to.. any of them actually... Damn if only at least one of them had been a guy.

"Noah is the family baby brother and this will be his first year joining the hunt. Noah you could learn a lot from this guy, he is just one of the best hunters there is." Tersa babbled on, never taking her eyes of the mal, she was clearly taken by him. And if had been any other time Noah would properly had stayed to ask a bit, but he had to get his things ready as well as smear his tail and hair in a new coat of ink to keep it from washing off. But just before he could leave the cave all his other sisters joined them in the cave and made it impossible for Noah to make his retreared and was stuck serving them too since all of them tried to hook up with the hansome stranger, and the mal clearly seemed to enjoy all the femal attention too.

Noah sighed. "Why can't you at least get your own food" Noah mumbled as he wished that maybe three of them would get a partner this year so Noah wouldn’t haft to play that roll much more.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a set amount of time Madoc was willing to spend searching for his friend before he became annoyed and gave up, he wasn't willing to swim around, looking lost and feeling silly for the other man's sake. He visited all of the places the male frequented but failed to locate him and in stead headed for where most of the hunters were gathering but found no trace of his vibrant blue scales there either. A number of hunters approached him and tried to strike up a conversation with him but Madoc only drifted through the crowd and didn't linger beside anyone for too long. He was off to the side, carefully wrapping dark fabric around his arms to pass the time when a slender, eccentric red mer swam up beside him.

-"He off somewhere, is he?" The man looked like fire but both his expression and tone were grim and cold while he floated backwards with arms crossed over his chest. "Seen him leave with his women yesterday... Every year, always same... numskull." Madoc looked up from his work to spare the other man a momentary smirk, amused by his rant that was also an annual event.

"Ah shit! I'mare gonna be late!" Noah burst out as he swam outside and looked up to see that the sun already stood high in the sky. Stupid sisters leaving him behind as had been looking for one of his missing spear, no doubt one of them had taken it which had meant that Noah had been forced to make a new one and quickly, that also meant that he hadn't had time to do another inking to his hair and tail, but hopefully it would hold.

Noah was pissed at how they always did things like this, borrowing his things just because they needed it in the last minut without a word.

Speeding up his paste Noah just about reach the gathering as the eldest was talking out to the crowed about strategy, but Noah only got to hear half of it.

Apparently one gruppe would be in crontrol ot the catching nets while the other group's job was to carefully surrounde the shoal guiding the fish.

The third group would be of those hunters who could throw a spear and hit a larger prey or a predator while they were out In the open.

When the old mer finished and wished them a good hunt every mer pressed got devided into one of the three groups. Of course Noah got picked to be one of those sent out to gather and guide the fish to his own disappointment. "That's what happens when you look as small as you do baby brother" the twins giggled as they both stood beside him with each arm over his shoulders.

Noah just glared at them as he tried to shake the annoying twins off him, but that only made the giggled more. To think that those two were picked in the third group, Noah was so very envious. "I can't be helped someone got to do the job, besides there are more hunts to come you know" Noah replied as he turned his head away to look else where when he caught the sight of a black tail...

"Beautiful..." the word silent left his lips as his eyes shining and mouth a bit open. He did look up to see the person's face right away only when he noticed his sisters brown tail suddenly swimming besides it. Hmm isn't that the guy from last night who helped him? Noah couldn't believe his eyes, the man had looked hansome in the darkness, but now the merman looked like the perfect specimen.