How To Mend A Stranger's Heart

Rebel Heart

The continuation of this

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I last wrote about Eirie and Akira, I want to thank you all and I hope this story will be even better then the last one, I have allot to learn still. So please every construct criticism is very much welcome, and thank you for reading my work!

Remember, every chapter has a song embed within it, so you can feel the emotion of the character and the story, don't forget to listen to it.

The story so far:

How do you mend a stranger’s heart? A heavy task weight on the shoulders of Akira. Loving someone is already hard enough, but loving someone of the same sex is even harder, still they both went forward and grabbed the slightest chance they got and made each other fall in love. Eirie a long haired green eyed boy which excels in everything who came to Japan to live with his father And Akira a baseball player with dark hair and dark blue eyes, A pure love was blooming and before the realized they where longing for eachother, then Eirie's parents and twin brother died which made Eirie want to give up on life too, and when Eirie almost wanted to give yo he found his resolve in Akira and so a new hope arises, A hope called love, but with one petty lie of a good friend everything went to ruins.

With Eirie a thousand miles away, the love Akira was hoping for is further away than ever. Now Akira has to choose between living a comfortable life and for ever regretting that he left Eirie and his love of his life, or tell everyone the truth and chase his dreams which can only be fulfilled with the one he loves. And Eirie has to face all the hardships in his old country alone, the friends he used to know longer exists, and the love he experiences has traded place with hate and bitterns.

Will both hearts get what they want? Or will they both be shattered to pieces?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rebel Heart

• Choree

• batista

Chapter 1: Angel

The city of Amsterdam, Always busy and filled with fleeting moments, the old statues and building are the last artefacts of what once a great trade empire. The republic was the only nation which had a trading post in the era in which Japan was closed off from the world, also the current royal family hold close ties with the imperial family of Japan just some small facts of this small country where this small city lies. Eirie looked bored while listening to the old history lesson he got from the tour guide, somehow he got mixed up with a crowd and without even paying he could just walk with them, it never took him many efforts to fit in somewhere to the point no one noticed, it always made him felt alone.

Then he noticed he was on the dam where the royal palace was, he quickly left the group which was boring him out of his mind already and walked towards one of the pubs, the weather was good so their where allot of people outside drinking and chatting. He looked around but he didn’t saw Eric anywhere, he really thought this was the place where they should meet, suddenly he felt hands on his shoulder which made him jump a little. Eirie turned around and saw it was Eric “Jesus man don’t scare me like that” Eric looked at Eirie “sorry man, I didn’t intend too, let’s just go sit somewhere and have a drink”.

“So how are you Eirie? Been a long time hasn’t it” Eirie ordered two drafts and looked at the waiter who looked a little like Akira “yes” Eirie sighed “I wish I never had left this place, then all of this wouldn’t have happened ever” Eirie looked at Eric with teary eyes “how is Karin Doing?” Eirie didn’t wanted to talk too much about what happened in Japan. “she is doing awful” Eric replied “she doesn’t have much will left to live, Eirie you need to see here that is why I contacted you as soon as you arrived here” Eirie sipped from his draft as he looked the waiter over “Why? Only to be scolded?” “you don’t understand Eirie, she is dying, she overdosed herself a couple of times, she is taking drugs to relief herself from the pain” Eirie looked like he was in shock hearing this news “why didn’t you tell me this sooner?” Eric sighed “I honestly never thought you would come back, and I never thought Karin would go this far to mend here broken heart.”

“me not coming back, are you an idiot or so, I have to bury my own parents, my own brother, for god sake Eric, what do you think I’m? An egoistic monster?” Eirie wanted to cry real bad but he held his head high “and you think Karin wants to burry the love of her life, you have to speak with here Eirie. Pleassse” The birds flew up in the sky as a group of new tourists entered the dam, it was quite a sight to see and Eirie enjoyed every moment of it. He knew he had to go see Karin, the girlfriend of Airia, secretly he liked Karin too when he was younger, but those feelings where long gone now. “I will go visit here tomorrow Eric, if you excuse me Eric I want to be alone now” Eric looked Eirie in the eyes and he could clearly see all the pain inside of them “no worries man” as stood up and walked over to Eirie and he given him a big hug, then walked away leaving Earie behind all flustered by the sudden move.

The weather was nice as Eirie walked through Amsterdam, some people are even on little boats as they fare trough the canals, allot of people just chilling and relaxing, some drinking wine already, some are even picking. In this city everyone is always taking a step back, everyone looks so happy and relax. Eirie would love to do this with Akira, going through the canals on a boat just the two of them, then he realizes it is over with him. Eirie still regretted he never had given Akira the chance to speak about what happened, but it was too late now. Eirie sat down at a bench on the Leidse square, It was busy with people going to the theatre, people drinking and eating on the many terraces, he saw a homeless guy feeding the birds, he seemed genuinely happy. Well a smile could be deceives, Eirie knew all too well.

Spend all your time waiting

for that second chance

for a break that would make it okay

there's always some reason

to feel not good enough

and it's hard at the end of the day

Eirie walked back to his hotel where he was staying, these days he felt alone, cold and alone. No one here to comfort him. His last stronghold was left behind in Japan, and even that last shining moment turned dark in a moment. He was at loss as he didn’t know where to begin, the funeral the house all the friends he had to meet, those who he actually didn’t want to meet. And he had to do this all one with no one to support him, no one to hold him, no one to love him.

I need some distraction

oh beautiful release

memories seep from my veins

let me be empty

and weightless and maybe

I'll find some peace tonight

From his hotel room Eirie looked out over the city, the lights where on and you could see the city sparkling, not quite like the city of angels but in its own way it looked very bright and tender. The room was cold and Eirie decided to wrap the blankets around him as he sat next to the window, his hot breath against the cold window, his finger tops grazed the glass, as he was hoping for someone to comfort him, the lights where turned off, like a silhouette you could barely notice someone was there in the room.

In the arms of the angel

fly away from here

from this dark cold hotel room

and the endlessness that you fear

you are pulled from the wreckage

of your silent reverie

you're in the arms of the angel

may you find some comfort here?

Eirie didn’t feel like eating as his thoughts where all over the place, the feelings he felt for Akira where still burning within him. His regret was growing bigger by the day, it was eating him up inside. The thought that he might not see Akira ever again, these thoughts where haunting him and it made him feel even more pitiful then he already was.

so tired of the straight line

and everywhere you turn

there's vultures and thieves at your back

and the storm keeps on twisting

you keep on building the lies

that you make up for all that you lack

it don't make no difference

escaping one last time

it's easier to believe in this sweet madness oh

this glorious sadness that brings me to my knees

He never knew that loving someone could bring you to such depths of despair, if he could do it all over again he would never have threw away his mobile phone, he would just walked straight to Akira to ask what was going on, then he would have never listen to this fox called Sarah. But he knew this was all in vain, Akira was thousand miles away, just a normal regular boy, a charming boy and probably the love of his life, but not someone who is going to travel a thousand miles way ditching school just to find him, no it was all over and Eirie knew this all too well.

In the arms of the angel

fly away from here

from this dark cold hotel room

and the endlessness that you fear

you are pulled from the wreckage

of your silent reverie

Eirie was getting tired buy all these thoughts and worries, tomorrow he had to face Karin, another dreadful page in his already dreadful book. Oh if there was just someone to comfort him now, if there was just one person to tell him it was going to be alright, if there was just one person to hold him, that was the one thing he only needed to get through these horrible times. And with tears in his eyes Eirie drifted off to sleep.

You’re in the arms of the angel

may you find some comfort here

you're in the arms of the angel

may you find some comfort here

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry for the delay, but here is chapter two final, it took me some time and i found it really hard to write it down.

I hope you all will enjoy it as much as i did writing it:_red_fox 8

Chapter 2: The Climb

The sound of the birds chirping the nostalgic feeling of autumn, the sky was clear and the fields where surrounded my low hanging mist. It was early in the morning and the players of a baseball team where working on their cooling down after a match, a group of six where running over the field right through the mist, their clothes where soaking wet as they went on and on. One guy particular stood out, slowly working his way up, becoming the star of the team. But something seems off, the will to play was gone the will to go give it all had faded, the mind of this particular player was not on the field. Although they won their game last night their star in rising was benched halfway the game.

Akira couldn’t concentrate, just like yesterday his mind wandered off on his own, his heart was broken, and the reason was all because of a little misunderstanding created by his best friend Sarah. She was jealous of his affection towards someone else and on top of that a foreigner and to make it even worse she was a he. For the first time in his life he felt like he had truly lived, and now it was all being ripped away.

“hey boy what are you thinking off” the coach came and sat down next to Akira “you know” he continued “we all know that you are upset about something” the coach pointed towards his heart, “better get it off your chest Akira because if you stay like this I cannot guarantee that you will be in the line-up for the next match”.

Something snapped inside Akira by hearing this, he only looked at the coach as he stood up, he walked away but he could still hear the coach yelling “I’m dead serious here, if you don’t get your act together we will bench you from the start” Akira didn’t hear anything the coach said. His heart was already trampled on, he wasn’t so sure any more about anything in his life. The only thing he was certain of was the fact that he missed Eirie, the fact that he cried somewhere alone, some place where no one could see, because he didn’t wanted others to know how he felt, miserable.

That night the moon was bright, Akira looked up and wondered where Eirie was and how he was doing. Somewhere on the other side of the globe was a broken person, and he loved that person, every little piece of its shattered mirror, he loved it all. It was the third night in a row that Akira crept out of the house to watch the moon, somewhere on top of an old house at the edge of the park, he went there when he was just a little lad. Akira felt something or someone staring at him, two yellow eyes were piercing right through him, it was a black cat, it given Akira the shivers, but something deep down inside of him felt being comforted by the strange cat. It jumped off the roof like it was nothing, Akira looked at the cat who looked up while sitting down, like it was telling Akira to follow it and so he did.

Akira followed the cat and in his mind it would take forever, but in reality it was only less than twenty minutes. And there he was standing in front of Eirie’s house, he wasn’t surprised to found himself there at all. Akira walked to the door, he remembered that there was a spare key under a nearby stone. When Akira came into the kitchen he sat down, looking around in the dark he could still smell the alcohol lingering, then he noticed something on the kitchen table it was a letter, a letter addressed to him, Akira didn’t had the guts to look at it right away afraid it would contain his worst fear and so he tucked it away in his pocket as he walked out of the house, locking the door and taking the key with him. Again he felt the presence of the black cat who was looking at him with his yellow eyes, it purred and one moment it was there and the other moment it was gone. It left Akira wondering, but it was already late to wonder about such trivial things and so he decided it was time to go to bed, he sneaked back into the house and when he was in his room, with shacking hands he opened the letter and start reading it contends…

Dear Akira

First of all, I’m sorry that I left without saying goodbye, my heart aches every moment I’m without you. But you see I’m a coward in love, when I saw you with someone else I did not have the courage to ask you directly, my heart just couldn’t take it. I hope you can forgive me and my foolish actions and maybe one day we will meet again under different circumstances.

I love you with whole my heart and even when our time was short, it was the only time I felt more alive than ever, no one will ever take that away from me, I wish I could believe that. I really hope you grow up to be happy and you will learn to love someone else.

Eirie

Akira was flustered as he kept rereading the letter, there was still hope, he felt something heavy was lifted from his back and suddenly all the pain inside evaporated and blew away. A gentle smile appeared on his face as he fell asleep.

I can almost see it

that dream I am dreaming

But there's a voice inside my head saying

"You'll never reach it"

“We knew” was his father comment when he heard his son’s confession, “darling you are free to love whoever you want” Akira’s mother responded from the kitchen. Akira’s parents expected their son to come out sooner or later, but today was really out of the blue. It took them both as surprise seeing their son being head of heals for someone, and none the lese a foreigner boy. Akira sat down baffled, he wasn’t expecting this “so son, where is this young man” Akira looked up “In the Netherlands”. Both parents mouth fell open when they heard this, but Akira told them all about Eirie and what he had gone through and what he meant to him.

“Mom and dad, I never asked much of you until now, I want to chase after him. I will regret it all my life if I won’t make this trip” Akira looked at them with his puppy eyes, hoping they would crack and crack they did.

Every step I'm taking

Every move I make feels

Lost with no direction

My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying

Gotta keep my head held high

The wind was cold and the weather was doom and gloom, but admits all these clouds was one strong ray of light coming through. And it shined bright on the road Akira had taken to ride his bike, he was so excited. He would never ever have thought his parents would have agreed with this overseas strip. Akira would have to double his workload once he got back, that was the deal, but it was all worth it, the only obstacle left was the baseball team. Akira was one of the regulars and a pretty good one too, how would they respond to this confession and his decision to quit. The wind was gliding through his hair while he drove through the city.

There's always gonna be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move

Always gonna be a uphill battle

Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb

Lillian was shocked to hear about Akira’s confession, but she immediately supported his decision “go for it” she said. In the corner of his eyes he could see Sarah, they hadn’t talked in a while. But Akira went to hear and told her what he was going to do. He was still angry with her but he also had forgiven her, but it was not yet the time to tell here that.

The classes seemed to take forever that day, Akira told the principal about his plan, he obvious refused, but he could also see the deter minion in Akira’s eyes. He told Akira he had to do the year over if he was to leave now, but it was pointed at deaf ears, Akira’s goal was set and he had to push on.

The struggles I'm facing

The chances I'm taking

Sometimes might knock me down

But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it

But these are the moments that

I'm gonna remember most, yeah

Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong

Just keep pushing on

And here was Akira standing, on the field with all the team players in front of him, his coming out was like a nuclear bomb dropping, everyone was speechless. Some of them looked weird at Akira but most of them started to clap their hands, like he was some sort of hero.

“you must understand” Akira said “Eirie is my climb, I don’t care what I have to do or what I have to overcome, without him I feel like I’m going to fail all of them. I need him to be strong, I need him to push on.”

“go for it bro” the captain said “we can handle it without you, you are no use for us anyway with your absent mind. Go clear up the unfinished business, but remember if you come back you have to start from the scratch, no exceptions are made” Akira hugged the captain who looked a bit unsure, but then he petted his head, “it’s like I tamed a wild animal” he said. Akira looked up and smiled “thank you all for everything” he made a deep bow, and as he left the field he felt like he had lost something imported, it was the first time in his life he chosed someone over his love for baseball.

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain

Always gonna be a uphill battle

Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

It's the climb, yeah!

The sun was about to set when Akira had packed all of his belongings he needed for the trip, his parents made sure he had the right documents for the trip. The first stars where barely visible from within the car, and Akira wondered if it was the same in the Netherlands, or would the sky there be clearer.

There's always gonna be another mountain

Always gonna be an uphill battle

Somebody's gonna have to lose

It's the climb, yeah!

To Akira surprise he found Sarah at the gate of the airport, she flew into his arms “I’m so sorry Akira, I’m a monster” She started to cry “I know you are sorry, it’s all in the past now. I will bring him back and make things right again” Sarah looked up into Akira’s eyes, I hope you will find what you are looking for. She grabbed something out of her pocket “here this is for you, he bought it for you” it was a necklace with a Ying Yang symbol engraved in it. “Thank you Sarah, but it’s time for me to go”

And so Akira went through the gates and out of sight of his parents and Sarah, a whole new world was waiting, and somewhere in that wide new world was the love of his life. And so the plane took off in the night, it became smaller and smaller and further away from Japan, now Akira would be a stranger in a whole new world far away.

Keep on moving, keep climbing

Keep the faith, baby

It's all about, it's all about the climb

Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 3 was difficult to make, it took me a long time to get it right, and I hope you guys will enjoy it.

Chapter 3: Paradise

He looked at his face, just like an angel he thought, a sleeping angel. And then he looked into the mirror hanging on the wall and what he saw was exact the same image, one who looked lost. One who looked unhappy, one who was tormented by the thought of seeing his twin brother lying in a coffin. Again Eirie looked into the coffin of his brother, as he tried to grasp the situation, a tear fell down onto his brother’s cheek. Nothing happened, not even a slightest breeze coming from his lips.

“When will they be released for the funeral” Erie’s voice stuttered “not soon” the coroner said. It was surreal for Eirie to see his brother going back into a wall a chrome wall to be precise, his brother’s face didn’t move an inch while the darkness crept back across his face, until the final click was heard. “Do you want to see your mother and father too” He nodded “only my mother please” Eirie eyes became big when he saw his mother, her gentle face was giving him a feeling of security, and he almost wanted to lay his head on her chest, just to make sure she wasn’t death. “Can I have a chair and one moment alone please” Eirie sat down while the coroner walked away he looked at the young man while nodding his head. Down the hallway you could hear someone crying his heart out, begging for forgiveness begging that it would be him lying there and not his brother.

You could see the top of the western tower, the wind was blowing strong and the temperature was going down fast, but for the time of the year it was still not too cold in Amsterdam. Eirie made sure he walked fast enough because it was so cold, inside the moratorium it was already cold, but outside too. He didn’t pay any notice to the woman waving at him behind the red decorated windows, some took notice of him and how he looked and where almost insulted that he paid no mind to them. The red light district of Amsterdam was famous all around the world, but it could also be a very lonely place to be. The warmth of the body is something entirely else them the warmth of one’s soul, and this goes for allot of people who came to this place to find artificial love.

“she doesn’t know what she is doing” Richard explained, he looked Eirie into his eyes “this might not be the best idea” “why not?” Eirie took a sip of drink. Eirie noticed all the men were looking at him, maybe this was not the best place to have this conversation, again he glanced and somewhere now looking more intensely then before “don’t flirt while I’m talking Eirie” Richard laughed “I’m not, I just thought maybe it wasn’t smart to meet in a gay bar” Eirie whispered “well get over it, let’s go back to the issue, if you want to see Karin you need to be strong Eirie because you are not going to like what you see got it” Eirie was slightly buzzed from all the drinks he had taken “why do you think I’m drinking, I’m going and that is final Richard, Eric also told me it would be difficult but I simply owe her, for god damm she was my bothers girlfriend Richard” Richard saw the pain in the eyes “fine, tonight nine sharp got it, put these drink on my tab he ordered the bartender” Richard stood up and laid his hand on Eirie’s shoulder and whispered “good luck” and walked away. Eirie sat there feeling stabbed by all the eyes, he was quite flustered with all the attention, but still in his heart one image kept popping up, he sighed as he stood up, what have I done Akira what have I done.

He remembered the smell all too well, the cold lights and the doctors in their white coats, it was something he had gotten familiar with. And there is the door, and at first he desperately wanted to get away, something was telling him not to go inside, but with the little strength he had left Eirie mustered the courage and opened the door, and there she was, Karin. Beautiful grey eyes, dark brown hair and freckles all over her face. Just like he used to remember her, Eirie could still see her bright smile while she told him her little secret. Under the blue sky in the middle of field with purple flowers, the blossoms on her cheeks where so bright, she waved Eirie to get closer and once he got close enough she whispered to him that she liked Airia. And he saw her lovely eyes search for him, wherever he went her eyes followed, and Eirie couldn’t be happier for them.

once upon a year gone by

she saw herself give in

every time she closed her eyes

she saw what could have been

well nothing hurts and nothing bleeds

when covers tucked in tight

funny when the bottom drops

how she forgets to fight... to fight

But right now Eirie looked at a woman who barely was clinging to her life, the light in her eyes were about to go out. The toll of years of drugs abuse where taking its toll. She had to burden the same burden as everyone who knew the dark secret of his family. But she probably would know more then Eirie knew, Airia was always keeping Eirie out of the wind. The sound of the monitor was somehow soothing for, remembering Eirie of his fight. Somehow he noticed that she was staring at him, two hollow eyes were following him, and her mouth was going open very slowly, her voice cracked while she was trying to say something.

“Is that you Airia, did you return to me my love?”

and it's one more day in paradise

one more day in paradise

Eirie was shocked, did she really thought that Eirie was Airia? Sweat was about to break, and guilt was haunting his feelings, Eirie was desperately trying to figure out what to say, and on automatic pilot and motionless he answered “yes it’s me” he sat down next to her, she quickly grabbed his hand “finally you have returned to me Airia, I’m so glad that you are back, and not that fitly rat of a brother”. I noticed she squeezed my hand very hard while her face was trying to show some form of anger “I hope he died in a ditch somewhere that coward, who does he think he is running of to Japan leaving you all behind” she coughed and coughed and Eirie saw there was blood among the spit, he given here a tissue while she looked at him, but somehow it felt like she saw right through, like he wasn’t there at all.

as darkness quickly steals the light

that shined within her eyes

she slowly swallows all her fear

and soothes her mind with lies

well all she wants and all she needs

are reasons to survive

a day in which the sun will take

her artificial light... her light

“Airia” Karin coughed again “do you think Eirie will ever come back, ohhh Airia why did he leave you, Airia why did you leave me?” Karin started to sob softly and coughed again, here breathing became heavier by the minute. “Airia I’m so happy that you are here, I’m so……” her eyes closed again and for the next hour Eirie sat there trying not to cry, trying to be brave, trying to be brave, trying to overcome the shock of what just had happened.

one more day in paradise

it's one more day in paradise

one last chance to feel alright... alright

“Eirie?” Suddenly Eirie realized that he had dozed off next to her bed “yes Karin?” “ohh is that you, I haven’t seen you for so long”. Eirie was confused by what was happening, did she forget what just had happened before? How would he proceed “ Eirie I’m so sorry about Airia, I knew for so long yet I never had the courage to do something about it” Karin looked into his eyes “under the tree” she said “You know where, that is where you will find it” She started to sob a little, quickly grabbing Eirie’s hand “please forgive him, please forgive yourself”.

one more day in paradise

it's one more day in paradise

one last chance to feel alright... alright

Eirie saw that Karin became whiter by the minute, with her left hand she waved to Eirie to come closer “thank you” she whispered into his ears. With all here might she brought upon a soft and gentle bright smile, and it felt like Eirie had gone back ten years, he saw her once more, the bright looking girl she used to be, he tried to smile back. One more time she opened her eyes to take a good look at him, she took her last breath, one more squeeze on his hand, and then everything went out cold.

once upon a year gone by

she saw herself give in

every time she closed her eyes

she saw what could have been

A sharp beep went off and it felt like Eirie was being pulled out of a dream or rather a nightmare, it was the heart monitor, it showed a straight line. “No Karin no, you can’t do this” Eirie screamed while trying to shake Karin “please don’t do this, please don’t do this”. Then he got pulled backwards while 2 nurses and a doctor came in, he was forced outside as the door got closed in front of him. And there he was in the middle of a hospital again, and this time there was no Akira to share the burden with, no shoulder to lean against. The minutes crept by and what seems to be forever was in reality just five minutes, the doctor came and Eirie could tell by his face, he walked inside just to see the white sheet being pulled over her head.

Eirie cried and cried, cursed the world but above cursed himself, why does everyone around him have to die, is this the price he had to pay, to see all his loved ones die one by one, to see every pillar in his life crumble. Would there be no one left to love him, he sat there staring at covered up body, his eyes where lifeless, was there any reason at all left to live for……..

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I'm here hun ! I read it all one go and was looking for to go to the next page, so didn't get it at first when I couldn't see the number of pages :/

This is getting sad. why is this getting sad ? When id Akira's big bum gonna come to Amsterdam ?