I read this story but now I can't find it!

Guest merong!

It was about a warlord who terrorised his neighbours. The one person who was capable of standing up to him ended up being his hostage. This is because he protested his father giving the warlord their family fur so the father had to give up his son to appease the warlord. The next section is a spolier:

****SPOILER****

It then turned out the the warlord was possessed the entire time and actually he's pretty sweet. Moreover the hostage escaped but then came back to rescue the warlord who almost died. I remember a lot of ice in this story.

I want to re-read it or find other stories by this author so if anyone know the name of it please tell me!!

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest merong!

Still looking for this story, more details`;

`the warlord was truly evil, at one point he left the hostage outside to be raped by stablehands

I think he was either a prince or noble, he wanted his his family and other people to stand up to the warlord when he demanded the fur during a harsh winter and he was shocked when they gave him away as hostage for their protection.

The warlord turned into ice and almost died, this is how we found out he was possessed.

The story was messed up but really stayed with me.