Sex: Male

Position: Seke

Height: 5ft 8in

Weight: 75kg/160lbs

Eyes: Blue/grey.

Hair: A deep, dark brown almost black.

+Animals, particularly baby animals.

+Getting paid and having money.

+His partner Agni, even though she talks his ears off.

+Sleeping in.

+His brother.

Dislikes:

-His brother.

-People going on and on about glory and fame.

-Danger.

-Working hard.

-Having to get up early in the morning.

-Assholes.

-Fruits in food.

-Being poor.

The questing office was the official channel to get legitimate work as a freelancer or adventurer. Most of the work handed out was protection work, guarding merchants on their travels, protect a business deal or stand guard over a shipment. Other work that was handed out was tracking people or items down, and some assignments were shady, in the moral gray zone, but those also paid the best and that was why Sion kept accepting them. Much to his companion Agni's disappointment.

Sion didn't want glory or honor from his work, he wanted money so he could relax and live comfortably. He held no illusions of grandeur, questing to become a hero was gritty and dangerous and from what he'd learned from colleagues and the sheer statistics kept in the records, very few actually become heroes. Most became fodder, stepping stones for the surviving hero. Agni on the other hand was a romantic idealist, and his closest friend, so when she handed him the quest details for a royal call, to track down the cure for the illness that had beset their king a few weeks before, he accepted. But only after she'd threatened to find a new partner unless 'he actually do some good for once'.

That was why he now sat across from probably the oldest and slowest registrar in the office, and gave his information so that he could get the documents and start the quest. After writing for a long time the registrar looked up from his paper and frowned, seemingly in deep thought.

Sion waited for a heartbeat or two before sighing.

“What, is there something wrong with my credentials?” he asked, brushing a hand through his hair and feeling the warmth radiating from his head. It was very warm and he was very warm and just wanted this to be over with. The noise from the people around them was giving him a headache, a dull throb in the back of his head, and the chair was chafing his hip.

“Do you have a brother? In the military or the guard?” the registrar asked, rubbing the graying beard on his chin. “You look very familiar, and your last name is also familiar to me and I do have a way with names and faces...”

Sion felt his mood grow darker than it already was. His brother, the one that abandoned him and their dying mother and set off on some stupid hunt for glory. Giving the other man a withering look he answered “No, he's dead.” in a tone of voice that left no room for further inquiry. The old man squinted briefly before looking back to the papers.

“Fine, but I you should really bring a partner on this quest, going alone into elven territory is unwise. Even the open roads can be dangerous for a lone rider, experienced adventurer or not.” the other continued while handing over the signed papers with all the necessary information. “It's a simple job, but important, you will track the healer down the western highway toward Lake Cein. One of the places of where he might have gone. There are five other teams already off in other directions. I once more stress the importance of this mission, for the life of the king and the continued peace of this country.”

Standing up he put the papers away in his back pack before slinging it over his shoulder. He smoothed out the front of the simple tunic he wore today, unlike from his usual geared up adventuring outfit, and nodded.

“I understand, and it's just me. My partner is busy and I don't trust anyone else enough for this. It is, as you say, very important” Sion explained. “I'll leave in the morning, first light.”

“The Soldering, that's where you're staying, right?” he old man asked, peering up from the desk still wearing that thoughtful look on his face. Sion nodded absentmindedly, not caring for elders and their dementia or whatever mental issues the old man might suffer from. He trailed his eyes over the wrinkly hands now gripping the edge of the desk, almost as if the old man was holding himself back from springing up from his chair. The knuckles were whitening.

“Very well, good bye.” Sion finally said, fed up, and turned around to escape the warmth and the smell of warm people that filled the large room. He pushed past a group of adventurers, slipping between them with ease, and mentally started to list all the items he needed to collect before setting out tomorrow morning.

As soon as Sion was out the door the registrar sprang up form his desk, unusually spirited for his age and headed in the other direction. He rubbed the beard on his chin again, a smile spreading over his face before he whispered to himself in glee.

“Of course, he's the brother, the brother he is.”

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uzaki

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic