Bonds

yaoi-or-die

Summary: Bonds is a heart warming story about two teenage boys Miru, and Kouta, who have lived together for years due to their mothers joining forces after both husbands left them. The story follows them through a journey of hardship, testing just how strong their ‘bond’ really is.

Warnings: Adulthood incoming (Possibly yaoi scenes, haven't decided yet)

Chapters: [1]

Feedback is Welcomed

Chapter 1

Miru swung his legs backwards and forwards under the park bench. His big, bright, ice blue eyes focused on watching them appear, then disappear again, and again.

The short, blonde and slightly curly haired boy took in a deep breath through the scarf that was wrapped around his neck. He raised his right, mittened hand, pulling the scarf down slightly. When he exhaled, his breath was visible in the air.

“It’s okay. Onii-chan will be here soon..” He thought. A worried expression adorned on the young, 14 year olds face. A shiver took over his small frame making him snuggle down in his jacket and rub his hands together to get warm.

The cold winter’s day was starting to get to Miru’s mood. He didn’t quite like winter. Not only did he have to wear multiple layers of clothes, and a giant jacket, which, by the way made him look fat in his opinion. He also had to wear mittens, a woolly hat, and boots.

Miru disliked the boots the most. They were big, and heavy. They always made him slip over while walking on any path. But that is to say, that even though Miru didn’t like winter, he didn’t hate it either. Winter still had it’s upsides. Like warm fires with marshmallows, or even hot coco for example.

The thought of hot coco made Miru smile, his cheeks flushing slightly. Oh how he would enjoy a nice cup of hot coco right now. The vision of sitting in some place warm, with a giant steaming cup of hot coco in his hands filling his mind. He gritted his teeth, the cold breeze pulling him back to reality.

Miru still liked winter, just a little. He never hated anything. Hate was something that Miru just didn’t really comprehend. He thought there was always something good in everything and everyone.

The worried expression returned to his features, and he bit down on his bottom lip when he saw a snow flake fall right down in front of his face. When the sound of a motorbike approached, Miru’s head snapped in the very direction. He watched as it pulled up beside the park bench, on the walk way.

“Onii-chan!” Miru said excitedly, jumping from his seat and almost slipping over.

“Why are you out here? Why didn’t you wait inside the school?” Miru’s ‘Onii-chan’ questioned. He was a tall, older looking boy. A half smiled played on his features.

“Well?” He questioned further, crossing his arms over his chest and pressing them against his leather jacket.

“I wanted to wait out here.” Miru said happily, carefully walking over to the bike. “Can we get hot coco?”

“Hot coco, huh?” The older boy pondered, an expression of slight interest on his face. “What’s that again?” He teased.

“Kouta!” Miru whined, huffing in annoyance. His brows furrowed, his expression more of a pout than a frown.

The older boy, Kouta, was tall with black styled hair. His hair was longer than Miru’s, and sat between his chin and shoulders. It was often styled in some weird way that made others look, and made Miru question the possibility of the styles existence. Miru never understood how Kouta was able to make his hair sit in such ways.

Kouta wore a few accessories. Four piercings split between his ears. One on each lobe, and two on the top cartilage of his left ear. His fingers adorned a few rings, and his nails were painted black.

Except for the chained necklace that hung from his neck with a matching bracelet, his last accessory was the chain that hung from his black jeans, connecting his wallet to his belt.

“Alright.” Kouta said, putting a hand forward and petting Miru. “You must be cold, lets go.”

Miru smiled excitedly, the thoughts of hot coco filling his head once more. He went to the back of the bike and unwrapped the helmet from the cargo net that was attached.

“Onii-chan, how come you never wear a helmet? What if you get hurt?” Miru asked, looking down at the helmet in his hands.

Kouta smiled, and indicated for Miru to get on the back. “Impossible. I can’t do that.”

“Whys that?” Miru placed the helmet on his head, on top of the woolly hat and clipped it on. He climb onto the back of the motorbike, a confused expression on his features as he faced towards Kouta’s back.

Kouta looked over his shoulder at Miru, a smirk forming on his lips. “Because if I got hurt, it would make you sad.” He faced forwards, now smiling. He started the bike when he felt Miru’s arms wrap around his waist tightly.

Miru’s eyes sparkled with excitement as he watched the waiter place the hot chocolate, and small bowl full of tiny pink and white marshmallows in front of him. He reached out, picking up a few and placing them inside his mug.

Kouta watched curiously, taking in the aroma of his coffee. Miru had placed even more marshmallows inside his hot chocolate. Then more, and then some more, leaving the little bowl almost empty.

“Don’t you have enough marshmallows already?” Kouta questioned, looking from the hot chocolate with a mountain of marshmallows, to Miru who was now stuffing the small marshmallows in his mouth.

Miru started to speak, but all that he could be heard was mumbles and noises that no one could make out. It made Kouta smile. He chewed up the marshmallows and swallowed quickly.

“There’s no such thing as enough marshmallows! Too many?! Impossible!” He exclaimed, this time using his hands for emphasis.

“Alright then.” Kouta sighed happily. He reached out, pushing the little marshmallow bowl closer to Miru. “Eat them all up.”

Miru nodded and smiled like a hungry kitten, straight away digging into what was left of the marshmallows. It wasn’t long before he was done, and his eyes focused on Kouta.

“Aren’t going to drink your hot chocolate? Or did you just want it for the marshmallows?” Kouta questioned, raising a brow and watching the curious expression form on Miru’s features.

“It’s too hot.” Miru stated simply, his eyes now watching Kouta’s mug closely. “Can I taste yours?”

“Mine? I don’t think you’ll like mine.” Kouta replied, but nonetheless offered his mug to Miru.

Miru took the mug with both hands. He sniffed it and crinkled his nose. He pulled the cup to his lips and tipped it up slightly, allowing the coffee to pour into his mouth.

Straight away, Kouta let out a loud laugh upon seeing the expression of disgust on Miru’s face, followed by the frown as he tried to shove the mug back into Kouta’s hands.

“I told you.” Kouta said, taking the mug from Miru and placing it down in front of him. “I think you should just stick to hot chocolate.” He teased.

“That stuff is gross!” Miru still had a frown on his face. “Why does everyone drink that? You drink it, my teachers drink it, even our Moms drink it! Why?”

Miru pulled a face of disgust once again, picking up his hot chocolate and taking a sip. He gladly took a mouthful, and chewed on the marshmallows that slipped into his mouth.

“Well, for a few different reasons. I don’t think it tastes that bad, there are many different types, and it helps keep you awake.” Kouta replied to Miru’s questions.

“So? Other things keep you awake too! Like apples! Apples are quite effective at keeping you awake.” Miru let out a sigh, sitting his mug down. “I read it today in class.” He smiled softly.

“You like reading, huh?” Kouta looked over to Miru, watching him smile and nod. “Maybe we should go to the library tomorrow and get you a card?”

Miru’s face lit up with excitement. “Really? You mean it?! I wanted to in our last town, but Mom said no.” His face turned slightly sad. “But how can we get one without my Mom?”

Kouta reached over to rub the top of Miru’s head, running his fingers through the soft blonde hair. “I’ll get it in my name. Just make sure to return them so there are no fees. Okay?”

Miru nodded happily. He was starting to enjoy their new life in the city. Before they had lived in smaller towns. But now, they finally lived in the city. It meant moving a long way, and starting at a new school. But Miru didn’t mind, as long as Kouta came too.

The next day, after their trip to the library, Miru was happily reading one of his borrowed books in their small living room. He laid on his stomach, his head propped up by his hands and his legs swinging behind him joyfully. The TV on in the background, even though he wasn’t watching it.

Miru hummed a tune as he turned the pages in the book. What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon, in Miru’s opinion. Reading and absorbing knowledge. He had borrowed three books from the library. One on food; since he loved to eat. One on history; for school. And one on exotic birds; Because they were pretty, which was the one he was reading now.

Kouta’s mother, Chiyo came home early. Her chin length hair in a mess and bags in her arms. She placed them on the ground and sighed, closing the door behind her.

Chiyo’s eyes flicked over to Miru. First the sight of no one watching the TV caught her attention, then the sight of the books beside Miru and the one sitting in front of him. She walked over, picking up the remote and turning off the TV. She threw it onto the couch, now standing over Miru.

“Where did you get these?” She asked rudely, folding her arms over her chest and watching Miru look up at her, confused.

“I got them from the library.” Miru replied innocently. He sat up, crossing his legs and picking up the book. He held the book in front of him, his eyes watching Chiyo.

“Liar!” She shouted, snatching the book from Miru’s hands. “Your Mother has been working non-stop, and you couldn’t have gotten them on your own!”

Miru ducked in fear, his hands now resting in his lap. He looked down, watching Chiyo’s feet. “It’s the truth.. Kouta got them for me..” He said softly, his body tense.

“Stop talking back!” Chiyo began to shout again, throwing the book on top of the other ones. She reached out, grabbing Miru forcefully by the shirt and making him stand. “Come with me!” She said sternly.

Kouta stepped into the scene, a towel wrapped around his waist and water dripping from his body. He grabbed a hold of his mother’s wrist, squeezing to make her let go of Miru..

“What do you think you’re doing?” Kouta snapped, his eyes focused on Chiyo. He stepped in front of Miru protectively.

“This has nothing to do with you. Step out of the way!” Chiyo glared at Kouta, fury in her eyes.

“Why don’t you just tell me what he did wrong, huh?” Kouta questioned, crossing his arms over his dripping wet body.

“The little runt dares to lie and talk back to me! That’s what!” Chiyo started. “Not to mention he leaves the TV on when he doesn’t even watch it! We have to pay for that!”

Kouta scoffed, clearly unimpressed. “Miru doesn’t lie. I got the library card for him so that he could borrow books.”

“You aren’t responsible enough for that! You’ll both just incur fees!”

“Oh shut up!” Kouta snapped. “If he has the TV on, ask him not to if he’s not watching. He’s a good kid. Besides, he’s not YOUR kid! So you don’t have a right to punish him. Go get your nails done or something.”

Fury started to spread from Chiyo’s eyes, now engulfing her entire face. “Nails are important! Without a good appearance you can’t get a job!”

Kouta rolled eyes. “Shut up you miserable bitch.” He stated harshly, only to be met with a slap across his face. His head turned left, in the opposite direction it was hit. His wet hair was sticking to his face, and his right cheek started to go red.

He watched as his Mother stormed out of the small apartment, everything now calming and the sounds of Miru sobbing now hitting his ears.

Inside their bedroom, Miru sat on his bed, still sobbing. He was watching Kouta dry off and get changed with wet, blurred vision.

As soon as Kouta was dressed, he went over to Miru, using his towel to dry his eyes. “Are you okay?” He asked softly.

Miru shook his head and began to sob more, his arms wrapping around Kouta and clinging tightly.

“Shhh… It’s okay.. She didn’t hurt you did she?” Kouta questioned, rocking Miru backwards and forwards slightly.

Miru shook his head again, his sobs softening slightly. He reached out, caressing the red mark that was left on Kouta’s right cheek. “I.. I got.. you.. in trouble..” He stuttered out, almost taking a breath at each word.

Kouta smiled. “I’m fine. She was out of line. She shouldn’t take her stress out on you. You haven’t done anything wrong.”

Miru shook his head. “But I made you fight.. and call her a bad name..” He continued to touch the cheek gently, now fairly calm and no longer sobbing.

“It’s better if she’s angry at me than you. She shouldn’t attack you any more. She knows yelling at you was the wrong thing to do.”

“But now she’s mad at you..” Miru snuggled against Kouta, letting out a big, deep sigh.

“I said it’s okay. Don’t worry about it.” Kouta raised a hand and sat it on top of Miru’s head, beginning to stroke his hair softly.

Come Monday, things had settled down at home. It was a brand new week, and Miru’s second day at school. It was about lunch time, and Miru was sitting at his desk with his bento in front of him. He let out a sigh, and started to untie the cloth that was wrapped around it.

Other students could be heard whispering and gossiping out in the hallway. It was getting closer and closer towards his classroom, until it filled the very room.

Miru looked up as a small carton of strawberry milk was placed in front of him. His face lit up at the sight of Kouta.

“Onii-chan~!” Miru said with excitement. His eyes didn’t last on Kouta for long though. They of course trailed their way down Kouta’s arm and to the carton of milk.

“Well, are you going to take it?” Kouta questioned, letting the carton go. He reached out to take the chair belonging to the desk in front of Miru’s. He pulled it back against the front of Miru’s desk, sitting down.

Miru happily reached out, grabbing the milk and opening it straight away. He stabbed the straw in, and began to sip away.

“You were waiting for me to show up on Friday huh?” Kouta said, letting out a happy sigh at the sight of Miru drinking the milk.

Miru nodded, still drinking from the carton of milk. He pulled it from his mouth and sat it down in front of him. He opened his bento and extended a spare pair of chopsticks to Kouta.

“I’m fine. You eat.” Kouta said, placing a sandwich on the desk in front of him. He was ignoring the people that had crowded the classroom. He hated dealing with them, which is why he didn’t come to school in the first place.

Miru pouted a little but nodded. He began to eat happily. The two of them spoke while they ate, ignoring all politeness rules.

When Kouta was done eating he stood. He reached out and placed a hand on Miru’s head, ruffling his hair. “I’m going back to work.” He stood, returning the chair to where it was.

A sad expression spread over Miru’s features. “Okay..” He said softly, still eating but now very slowly.

“Don’t be like that. I’ll pick you up after school okay?” Kouta smiled, turning and leaving a now happy Miru behind.

As soon as Kouta left, and was out of sight, students surrounded Miru. “Who was that?” One asked. “Where does he go to school?” Asked another.

“Does he have a girlfriend?!” Asked one of the girls. The question making Miru feel a little awkward. Kouta was always popular, no matter where they went.

He understood why. Kouta was tall, and strong. He was good at sports and fighting. He was smart, and.. handsome too.. The many sights of seeing Kouta naked in the past flooded into his head, his cheeks turning a bright red. He was quickly brought back to reality by the commotion of his classmates.

“O-oh..” He let out. “That’s Kouta…” He started. “He doesn’t really go.. to school.. He’s meant to go here though!” He laughed nervously. “I don’t think he has a girlfriend, we just moved here.”

The boys started to calm down while the girls started to get more excited. It made Miru laugh nervously again. He began to pack up his bento, placing it into his bad and standing.

“I.. I have to go..” He said softly, grabbing his bag and running out of the classroom. He rushed down a few different hallways but then stopped and leaned against a wall once he was alone.

“Onii-chan…” He let out a soft sigh, hugging his bag to his chest tightly.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yaoi-or-die

• Kujaku

• yaoi4fans

• TaigaYuu

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Miru's image dressed in the winter clothes, plus the fact that it was pissing him off was so sweet to me!~~ cheetah10

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
hehe thank you! His image is meant to be moe :) I love moe boys XD

Well, I just started reading right away, without checking out the summary, and what an awesome thing that is. I find it more exciting that way.

As far, I really like the story, for some reason it's calming and sweet to me. I like both Miru and Kouta and I can't wait to find out more about them. Looking forward for the next chapters. ❤

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...