Whats your dream profession?

Sai-Miyoshi

Hey!

Whats your current profession?

And actually what do you really wanna do?

Is it the same as your profession?

K basically I'm just interested about the variety of people on this forum :3

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gin

• Bakyura

• Ryuu_L

• fan_yaoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, right now I don't really have a profession so to say but I work part-time in retail, outside of that i'm also an artist and looking to go to college soon to become a translator. I love to learn about different languages and different cultures of the world.

I would love to beckon an English Professor someday, cause i badly wanted to know and learn deeper about the linguistics T^T the subject is my waterloo so i really wanted to make it now as my strength T^T

Well I am already a teacher but I still want to become something else. Let's say for example, a traveler. I also want to become an artist. I am trying my best to learn to draw and stuff. hehe... For now the dream that is closer to what I already am is to become a professor in a different country.

Something art-y, like book illustrations, thats what i wanna do. I would also like to write a book that is easier to read for dyslectic people, (lots of the books in uni are stupied and)-_- but i dont Think thats gonna happend cuz my studdies is not going well atm -____-'

There is and love and hate relationships with me and books, i like em but they dont like me.

Since I was young I'd dreamed becoming a neuro-surgeon, I even joined every club related to science (Dissection in every subject makes me very much excited, be it a cat, frog, chicken, dog or watching human parts in a formalin jar, it made me so curious with how everything works).

When college came, my parents told me that they couldn't afford medical school. Being a twat who really lacks passion/interests? at everything (be it dreams, hobbies or goals) I just conceded to their decision.

So I ended up being an accountant. (*PLOTTWIST!!!!!!!) >_> Though I'm a full-time Madao rn.

I don't exactly have a dream profession, but if I had to choose, the closest would be something like an editor, or a professor :)

Unfortunately, it seems like I'm headed toward an entirely different path. I'm about to complete my pre-medical course, and of course, after this, my parents want me to proceed to medical school. They aren't really forcing me, but they aren't too keen on the idea of me not continuing?

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
It's a shame that you couldn't go to medical school for that reason :/ It's people like you, people who want it, that should really go. Not people like me who'll most probably do an average job because it isn't exactly their interest (not to discredit you being an accountant though, I have a lot of friends who took up accounting and I heard it's very difficult and competitive. I personally find it amazing that you can understand the subject)

nah it was even a shocker that I took commerce. My friends were shocked, they said it's unbelievable since I'm a science person. Well that just proves that you can't always get what you want. I could've took I.T since I'm kind of interested in coding or even art. At least everything's done, maybe in a second life or in an alternate universe maybe i'd become a doctor. LOL

professor and an editor is a nice dream but I'm not really gallant to tell you that you should stop doing pre-meds and pursue your dreams, I guess it just doesn't work like that too easily. But if you really wanted some change or something you can enjoy without adding all the pressures and practicality, pursue your dream.

"Well that just proves that you can't always get what you want." Yeah, I get that. Being an adult is hard, especially when you need money ^^; That's an optimistic way to look at it though, and somehow I get the feeling that even if we don't always get to do the things we wanted, we'll still figure out how to enjoy it on the way.

Also, thanks for the realistic encouragement, hahaha. I guess I'll figure something out, I'm not entirely sick of this course yet anyway, at least to the point where I want to drop it for good. Like you, I'm a twat who really lacks passion/interests, so...I'll figure something out. HAHAHA

You also mentioned being a Madao? May I ask what that is?

i'm in university right now, studying mathematics. it's not really what i initially wanted - even now i want to get into linguistics since i'm great with languages, and i also seem to have a knack for editing as well - but i've learned to love mathematics (though math doesn't seem to love me, haha). so maybe one day i can be an actuary. in any case i'm mostly a go-with-the-flow type of person so we'll see what life has in store for me!

same same. Cheers to the both of us hope we can find our funny way out.

MADAO - unemployed. (ma)ru de (da)me na (o)ssan: good-for-nothing old man

Ah. That's gonna be me in a few days HAHAHA, except female version. Job hunting for the mean time is gonna suck, but meh.

well good luck with finding a job and hope you'll enjoy it. :')

• 1 month later...

Hey!

K basically I'm just interested about the variety of people on this forum :3

My dream job is to be a full time novelist

I'm not really doing anything at the moment as I'm currently a sophomore in college, but I do want to try forensic pathology or travel the world and dig around for historic finds. I've always found history exciting and the thought of events such as wars and kingdoms and thrones and ancient villages and rituals make it seem like a fairy tale one would not expect to have happened but in fact it really did. Tho the dates are sort of a hurdle for me. But oh well HAHAHA

currently I'm a uni student, I actually plan to become an interpreter/translator, but my dream profession is to be a singer.

I work in sales. Actually all my previous jobs had to do with working with people, consulting, asking questions.

Really anything that has nothing to do with sales, consulting, working with people.

Definitely not. I work better on my own, but atm I can't have that kind of a job.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a job as an administrator in a Web company.... Loads of documents and filing to do -_-

I've always wanted to be a historian (researcher) but didn't have the time and money for....

Atm... I'm still happy with my current job as long as it pays me well \(€_€)/

• 7 months later...

My dream profession is to become either archaeologists or architectural.

Archaeologist because (not bragging but...) I always excel in my class before in that subject and I often watched History Channel and fond of history and cultural aspects, both traditional and modern.

Architectural because everyone said that I had a talent in that field since the back of my notebook before always had a doodle of house or blueprint. I also had a lame dream before that I want to build a house for my dad & my mom. Plus I do want to have my own house near at beach or coastal/sea side area (town). I love also to do interior designing albeit I am lazy all the time. I really love to watch [Charlie Luxton's: Homes by the Sea] series at NatGeo People

I don't know if i could call it a dream profession, but i've always thought about how much i'd like to be an airplane pilot. Im thinking about this for quite some years, and i should probably aim for it, but more than sure, some more time will pass until i decide to do something about it. But who knows what the future will bring...

nee chan, Why not do it now??! :o

Ummm... for me, I'd like to either become a cat or a potato. Why not a potato god?? hehe

Sorry, that last part is an old joke of mine only few understand ;)

But for real becoming a cat. :_red_fox 4

Jokes aside, I have no idea and that's why I'm not studying and working at a Tim Hortons :o