• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AudinoLollipop

• Kujaku

• unlove

• Choree

I have! *raises hand*

I'm keeping up with it and am updated.

So far so good (in terms of adaptation; time skips present in both are still atrocious -- makes you think you've skipped an episode or soemthing. ^^;)~

Guest Robuta

I'm watching it too. And I've got mixed feelings about it.

I liked it at first but I don't especially feel attracted to the anime. As in I don't look forward to watching the next episode.

But I don't think that has anything to do with the adaptation (which I have nothing to say about) but the actual story might not be my cup of tea. I still prefer the anime to the manga though

I only watched 1-4 episodes... Where i can watch the other? Or any link that i can download? Please thanks

Episode 5's out now~

I'm still not sure how I feel about the story, really. I've only caught up with the manga yesterday, to be honest. With some parts, I'm okay, but with some others...let's just say they took me by surprise. *avoids giving out spoilers* Despite this, I'm actually looking forward to each new episode release. Though, I'm worried whether they'll compress all available content or let it end some in between. Since it's an ongoing series, they might end it somewhere in the middle or make an anime-original (not sure though). With an OVA coming up, maybe they'll end somewhere in the middle? (Then again we can't be so sure)

I'll keep up with it for now. ^^b

Guest Robuta

@AudinoLollipop I totally agree with you. Super Lovers is the first manga in which I can't seem to know whether I like it or not. And yea, even I feel wierd with some of the plot.

Also, part of my feelings might be because I feel that, even in the manga, Haru's character is a bit confusing...like even the reader has no idea what he is really like and what he is thinking about.

Good grace! I just watched the five episodes available and as far the anime is great! I really enjoyed every bit of it. ❤

I'm not going into the characters as for now, but I think I pretty much like all of them, and for some reason I love Haru's hair, haha.

Guest Robuta

I've just watched the 5th episode...I mean half of it. I just could not bear it at the end !

I mean, I 'm sick of reading/seeing that kissing on the lips = hello for foreigners...Where did this myth came from ? >

Am I really the only one who does not understand one bit of this anime...I have no idea what is really going on with the character's feelings...

Did anyone understand if Haru loves or not Ren ? And if he does, then why does he say Ren has got no sex appeal ? If he doesn't, are the kissing only for the reasons stated above ? Or is he just a super possessive brother ?

I would like to say that I am by no means criticizing the people who genuinely like the anime (i mean , every one is different, and you guys are probably smarter than my dumb brain who is totally confused)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
- I really think Haru is confused about his feelings himself. I tried answering your question with my own opinions. I'm not sure if it'll be of any help, though. ^^;

Although the "kissing = greeting is a foreigner thing" part may be true in some countries, the actual kissing isn't on the lips. Well, at least in the manga, it was stated that Haru did the same to Aki and Shima until they punched him or something.

That part about having no sex appeal, I'm guessing Haru was just making his friend see him in a better light. Going for a minor at his age is frowned about in society in general (his brother, no less!). Making that comment is actually kind of a natural thing to say about one's brother.

The way Aki and Shima are all fine with the eldest and youngest flirting is what's more unnatural. I know the author's trying to show the twins'/family's support for Haru and Ren, but I expected more protests coming from them. (Then again, th eonly reason Aki protested about Ren's arrival is because he might steal Haru away from them). I guess all of them brothers are suffering from Brother Complexes! XD

As for Haru's feeling with Ren. Well, in his mind...I think, he loves Ren as a brother. But, Ren is different from other kids since he thinks more maturely (thanks to Haruko and co.), so Haru tries to spoil him more (again, I think)/ is more affectionate towards him. He probably thinks more affection will lead to breaking down the walls Ren built around himself (which he obviously doesn't know that have already been broken long ago).

It's been hinted that Ren loves Haru on a different level (even though Ren can be innocent when it comes to emotions, we could see hints of jealously when Haru's being surrounded by girls and some possessiveness ). I'm guessing Haru has picked those hints but chose to ignore them/brush them off. Deep inside, I think, he couldn't really brush those hints off and ends up giving mixed signals he himself wasn't aware of. Since Ren is more perceptive of these things, he would lash out at Haru from time to time.

On the note on whether Haru loves Ren as more than as just a brother...Well, the boundary on when brotherly love becomes passionate love is very unclear. While in the manga, they began dating after a fight and a confrontation of feelings, we never really knew when Haru started loving Ren that way. There's a possibility that a) he loved Ren that way all along (which doesn't sit well with me), b) when Ren confessed his feelings to him, he was able to quickly turn that brotherly love to passionate love and was entirely fine with it, or c) he's still confused about his feelings but is willing to comply since it's Ren.

Well, I tried to outline my thoughts regard this matter. They're all opinions and nothing is set in stone.

Clicking the spoiler above will let you view my absurdly long post, so sorry in advance.

Guest Robuta

@AudinoLollipop thanks for your explanation. I mean, yea my brain is NOT made for analysis lol.

I'll let you read my monologue now lol

I can understand where you are coming from. And I was also wondering the same things about Haru's feelings.

I read the manga come time ago and can't remember all the bits but I did remember that when they started dating I did think that it was a bit sudden...more like, I sort of didn't see it coming because of Haru's ambiguous feelings.

Moreover, I also think the twin brothers reaction are weird.

Anw... I'm not too sure, but I think the real pb in my head might just be Haru's personality, which is problematic to me since he is the main character.

- Yes, I agree. Haru's personality is problematic and his motives are all over the place. I thought I got a hold of the situation about Haru and Ren but then epidode 6 came out and it got confused again.

Seems like Haru knows Ren's feelings for him, yet he still chooses to be ambiguous with the way he treats Ren. Argh... this is so frustrating. Haru, why?

I'm guessing that the stuff the author is hiding from us is the missing links to understanding the creature that is Haru.

Missing links would be 1) What happened after Haru disappeared from the hospital/the twins' lives and 2) What really happened between Haru and th girl Kiyoka keeps on mentioning. Kiyoka says that the girl changed Haru. It's interesting to know how she changed him and what changed in Haru.

It's so nice discussing things/troubles with this series with you! :D

Guest Robuta

@AudinoLollipop haha yea it is indeed nice to have someone to talk to about it, right ?

I don't have much friends who watch animes, let alone yaoi...

Episode 6....let's not even go there lol x)

for the missing links you mentioned : I am not too sure if the mangaka explained it in the manga (I'm so sorry, as I don't remember much), but during my reading, the confusion was permanently there ...

As for the post-accident, I totally agree with you ! It is as if Haru is a complete different person than when he first met Ren in Canada. I know he was much younger, but come on, you don't just change personalities... Although he is still a fairly fun person, it feels like Haru was more genuine back in the days.

If his "subtle" change is made on purpose, the mangaka is indeed impressive... and a lot of things would make sense once the reason is explained.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see how it goes ...

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched the first 2 episodes and just got downloaded the other episodes.. Maybe i'll watch it when the anime ends already~ i'll watch it during school days... as an inspiration xD ♥.♥

, it's been a while. I got buried under school work, so I didn't get to respond quickly. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I know what you mean, there aren't a lot of people I can talk about BL so much. I have a few friends who like anime, and there are times we'd watch it all together too. BL is a more sensitive topic. If anything, I only get to talk about it openly with one friend (a few acquaintances as well, but we barely talk).

I haven't watched the latest episode, but at least episode 7 kind of made me realize a few other things. *cues in monologue*

What if at that summer when Haru went to Canada, he was able to categorize Ren as family (and as time went on, "brother"). And so, his affection to the 8-year old Ren as a brother feels more real in a sense.

When Ren came back to Haru's life, I think that he wasn't able to find a categorization for Ren. While, he tries to act as a brother, he couldn't find the right amount of affection he should give as a brother. And since Ren grew up, he probably couldn't see him as "just a brother".

We see that Haru contradicting himself, and he's pretty much aware of it. This is probably why he's a character that's hard to comprehend. The way he treats Ren now is probably close to how he acted around "the girl who changed him" (as Kiyoka would put it).

yup. I don't particularly liked it. Maybe for my testes in yaoi. Though this series is well made then many other yaoi(or should i say shota?).

I think it worths a try.

I'm watching the anime and just started reading the manga as well. The shota tones of the first episode/chapter were uncomfortable, and I haven't quite made up my mind about the series. It's entertaining, but somehow I can't feel the characters. I enjoyed Hakkenden more, but I think I'll continue reading and watching this anyway, it's not like it's badly made.

I find the Anime is absolutely hilarious! I haven't enjoyed an Anime this much since Sekai 1 and Junjou. I don't mind sub-tones of shota in the first episodes and flashbacks now. I can't believe I'm sying this but it's cute! XD

And this is why I don't like watching ongoing animes. I completely forgot to check for the new episodes, but I did catch up. It feels like everything is starting to fall into place in a way. I can't wait for the next episode, tho, and I'm still debating if to start reading the manga or not since that one is ongoing too and I didn't even catch up on Viewfinder yet. Ugh.

P.S.:

and
, I like reading your discussion, there sure are some things I missed in the anime.

Guest Robuta

@Kujaku lol thanks for reading us, you are most than welcome to join the conversation too ^^ ! And i'm the same, i only caught up to the latest episode today, so if @AudinoLollipop you haven't watched it yet, don't read as there might be some spoilers (not that it's shockers though)

What you say about Ren's position in Haru's heart can make complete sense tbh... But it almost feels as if Haru doesn't really know how to act around a brother...After Ren tells him that, from now on, he will act as a brother with Haru, the latter gets confused and wonder how will it be different from how it has been ? (I mean....really ? -_- ...dunno about you, but i don't go smooching my little brother on the lips to greet him home....)

But then, he seems to like the fact that Ren doesn't categorise him as "brother", as Haru prefers if Ren doesn't call him brother....like wtf do you want Haru ?

Finally, what is Kurosaki's deal ? I didn't get it, did he think that Haru and Ren were lovers ? Or did he know they were also brothers ?

And while we're at it, the twins ... someone has to explain to me how can you pull a straight face while knowing two of your brothers are in love with each other....

Sorry...this time was a bit long... I hope everything is good with school, don't worry about late replies man heh

- Don't worry, I was able to catch up on the latest episode~ ;)

My reply (long post ahead, sorry about that ^^; ):

That part about Haru not knowing how to act as a "brother" is very much valid. While he did serve as the twins' big brother for a good number of years before going to Canada and taking care of Ren, we can pretty much assume that the touchy-feely way he expresses himself really rooted from Haruko's "unmotherly" nature. We've seen how Haruko interacts with Haru, and she doesn't even let her own son call her his mother. (That is just too much really) I remember someone pointing out that "Haru does whatever he wants others to do for him" in the manga (not sure who said it first, but I remember Ren and Haruko talking about this topic in the more recent chapters). 

With that said, I really think he simply has a brother complex. What makes Ren so special is more accepting with Haru's advances (I'm guessing it's because Ren loves him in that way already). Following this line of thought, Haru's indecisiveness about wanting to be Ren's lover or brother could be explained.

From my last post, I said that he couldn't categorize the present Ren. I mean, it's not easy to see someone as your brother just because the family lawyer said that you are brothers since your parents adopted the said person. While the scenario is seemingly the same as what Haruko did during that summer in Canada. Things were a little different. The Ren then was more like a wolf than a human, and he was pretty young back then. It was easier to get along and see the young Ren as a little brother. But, the present Ren wasn't that unruly child from before. This Ren had hidden feelings for Haru and is very straight forward and simple to understand. Haru has a knack for observing people and it was easy for him to be comfortable with the present Ren. As mentioned before, I'm not sure when Haru harbored feelings of romantic love for Ren, but I think it's safe to guess that he was actually falling in love with Ren (romantically) without even knowing it. Maybe he was able to notice it too. This is probably where Ren's category in his heart became blurry, and he would always try to correct himself by forcing the "brother role" on himself and on Ren. When Ren became a clearer about his feelings through actions and reactions, Haru probably realized that he couldn't force the "brother role" on both of them anymore and started to become more honest about his feelings.

Kurosaki, from the start, assumed that Ren and Haru were lovers. As mentioned before, no normal brother goes around smooching their brothers. Ren never corrected him, that's why the misunderstanding blew out of proportion. As to the reason for Ren's decision not to correct Kurosaki...well, I think it's because he secretly wanted it to be true. If one is strongly opposed with the idea, one would react strongly about it. But conversations with Kurosaki about his and Haru's relationship would almost always involve Ren mulling about the difference between his love and Haru's love.

As for the twins, I really think it's the way for the author to alleviate some burden into the situation. With the the Kaidou family setting being the way it is, it is more likely to be filled with tension everywhere (I mean, there's an adopted brother who they'd adore when they were kids become the "reason" for their parents' death; that said adopted brother decided to go off somewhere only to appear again as a host in the red light district; whatever happened during those days that said brother disappeared where never questioned; a new family member pops out of nowhere; that new family member is in love with their big brother). Some aspects of the family setting were addressed, the others not.

-------------------

- Thanks for liking our discussion~ Feel free to be part of it! ;)

Guest Robuta

@AudinoLollipop wow it was indeed a long and very interesting monologue lol.

Okayyyyy you set the bar high with your long essay x) ...no I'm joking, since all of what you said were actually answers to my previous questions, I can only say that everything is getting a bit more clearer in my head now...

Unlike you, I don't think I have to capacity of understanding the mental of the characters, which makes it really difficult to watch animes like Super Lovers, as every single things are not always explained.

I will go for the way you think for the moment... :)

Also, after reading you and according to the latest episode, yes...I also think that everything comes down to Haru, not being aware of his own feelings for Ren, that seems to be becoming stronger, day by day...

I am also quite curious about that "woman", as I feel as if a lot of things will be explained, after knowing the truth about it !

That is all for now, let's see how things go in the next episode ~ ! (^^)/

Guys, I am a little confused regarding one thing.

Wasn't Aki jealous of the girl Shima was tutoring? That's the feeling the whole thing gave me, they have some weird thing going on between them too, and I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of romance will develop between them. As if things weren't already complicated in that family.