How did you found Asian music?

Oni

I think we all have some kind of story of that how we found Asian music.

So I'm going to ask now: How did you found Asian music? What was the first band/artist you found? When did you found that band/artist?

I can answer too!

It was in 2007 I think... my friend came to school and told me about the GazettE. Band where are five girl-looking men. Of course I found it cool! Girl-looking men! Wow! And so she brought me some pics, I listened some songs and that was the begin. It was 4 years ago and I still like that band very much. They were here in Finland in 2007 and of course I went to their gig. I still remember that. I have had many dreams about that time.

Your turn people!

• Like 2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mangotango

• Rikimaru

• STARRK

My love for Asian music came when I first started watching anime and originally I only really listened to anime opening and ending themes and didn't really know who they were done by.

• Like 3

My story is pretty similar to Oni's story...

I was in college when a friend of mine and classmate showed me on her cellphone a pic with Dir en Grey and said "look what band I found! These boys look like girls!". I liked them so much and as soon as I got home I started searching like crazy for their music. :leaf10:

• Like 1

Okay, my story is really boring.

First I watched Animes. Then I liked the openings (and was curious of the japanese culture)

So I discovered J-Pop...

Then a friend of mine showed me some K-Pop songs.

I liked them and since then I listen to K-Pop (and recently to J-Pop again, too :D)

• Like 1

I discovered Asian Music when I was still quite young.

For some strange reason there was this song being constantly played by our neighbor. I didn't understand a single word but it sounded so good.

I only found out much later when my brother shared me a file and reminded me again how much we liked it when we were little kids.

It's the very talented Mayumi Itsuwa Kokoro no Tomo. Aside from that we also loved listening to her song Ribaibaru. Our neighbor must have been fans.

• Like 1

in 2000 i think..when i watch Overtime Japan Drama i like sono speedo de tittle..and yuko yugamaguchi i believe..so sweet..until there i like Asian music..

• Like 1

i looked "Crows Zero" with Oguri Shun....and he was so hot in it that i search for more Stuff with him

so i found "Hana Yori Dango" with him and Matsumoto Jun from Arashi and after that i looked more J - Drama

so i search for the Music in the Dramas and since then i love J - Music

• Like 1

The most classical way to start... When I watched anime, because of the openings of course xD~ Then I started to investigate and bla bla bla, and I found many different asian bands.... And that´s all :3

• Like 1

Animes' Opening and Ending song had a big impact on my ears. They introduce me to the pleasures i'll get from Japanese song and they keep on making me addicted to it. I was intruduced to other Asian music from tv dramas and friends.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well I was born and grow up my youth in Korea... so it is not that hard to hear Korean music...

Also, I did had chance to hear Chinese music when I was in Korea...

Most Japanese music I hear was when I came here in Canada...

Now day I think it's not that hard to find Asian music... ^^;;;

• Like 1

My love for Asian music came when I first started watching anime and originally I only really listened to anime opening and ending themes and didn't really know who they were done by.

same as me :D

my sirst was Aucifer few month ago

2217920826_b97989d061.jpg

i heard them at the anime kaikan phrase

3923216906_7224ba7b88.jpg

you can have their songs at youtube

now i am a biiiiiiiiiiiig fan of Gackt my fav song is last song (it was the first song i heard )

gackt_16.jpg

• Like 1

Guest hannakawai

at first the asian songs i listen to are only anime ost's, but when Meteor Garden became popular i started appreciating other asian songs, and most of them i find them Moe type especially the Kpop ones

It was my big brother who introduced me to japanese music about 7(maybe 8) years ago when he started watching anime - that's how I came to fall in love with Malice Mizer and Moi dix Mois.

Just listened to those two bands for a long time before I decided to search for more lovely japanese music.

And that's how I found my biggest(and really only) fandome - GACKT :))) Wieee, can't believe I'll get to see him on August 9th!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4069[/ATTACH]

I often browse a VNmese a music website...and it updates regularly new songs ...:D. Love it so muchhhh. It also updates the HIT songs of the week and Top songs of the month :D...

I found music there.

Well, since im an Asian, i guess im expose to it. Hmppppp. Atfirst, im really into PCD song (dont cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me~~) HAHAHAHA. Then during Full house i shifted to KPOP and since all the KPOP idols i know are debuting in Japan too, i follow them there so tahts it. ;)

• 1 month later...

i was wandering on youtube and i found gazette's invisible wall. i was like :'ok nothing special' and then after two weeks i listened them again and again and i became a fan ^^

• Like 1

I find this kind of music - PERFECT.

I listen to asian music since 2009 and I know I'll love it all my life.

Gackt was my first asian singer, I found him on youtube.

Well i found it through anime...

Some of the songs from the series were interesting and i went to find them...

I'm a fan of one of their best singers, Hata Motohiro(not jpop nor jrock), i fell in love with his voice...

Recently i found a little bit more about another great singer, Gackt mostly cause of Nezu, she's a huge fan and she kind of took me to Gackt's world :p

So arigatou ne, Nezu :p

For me it first exposure was watching old Japanese/Chinese movies on TV. Starting with the Kung Fu theater on Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons many many many moons ago growing up as a child. Then next came from watching anime shows and listening to the OP and Ed songs. Was exposed to Enka music before I even knew what it was. I just called it old Japanese folk tale music...ha ha.

• 1 month later...
Guest FujoshiFTW

My first exposure to asian music was actually mando-pop. It was way back in 2008 when I was watching this jay chou concert on the tv since my mum acidentally downloaded it and I found it kind of interesting therefore I decided to do some more research in it and that was how I ended uop liking jay chou XD

Afterwards, my friends started liking k-pop , especially super junior and that's how I became an ELF. Up to this very day too~

Now I'm cautiously going into the j-rock and visual kei realm, interested by their new music. Right now I like The Gazette, An Cafe and Spiv States. Oh, and vocaloids too XD

Well,everything started when one of my friends send me Uruha and Reita from The Gazette. When I first saw them I thought "Oh my god,but they are girls..Maybe she gave me a wrong names". But later I heard "Filth in the beauty" and became Gazetto's fan. After a year I found Super junior and I started to listen Kpop. I'm listening mostly Japanese,Korean and a little bit of Taiwanese music.

After 3 years listening Asian music I'm really proud that I had the chance to hear it. ^_____^

My story is similar to others. It was ages ago and it started with anime and then hearing the songs and getting hooked. After that it was a mad search through the computer, anime stores, anime conventions and anything else I could think of to find the music and it's singer/singers. And to this day there are more asian singers/bands than I can put a name to that I have discovered in my wanderings.

Like so many others I found it through anime. Years ago..... now I listen to mostly k-pop and j-pop and some from the drama's that I watch. Super junior, Big Bang and the soundtrack from Formula 17 OST. :)