~**Who is your ultimate Yaoi Mangaka God/Goddess?**~

Choco Berry

[table=width: 500, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

So this it's just a basic poll, but I can't just list everyone's biases when it comes to the greatest mangaka you've ever known. We all have our own personal favorites. So here we go.

Who is your mangaka god/goddess and state a few reasons why. ^^

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Choco Berry

• Demonic_Cultivator

• orangevoldemort

• Theresa88

Sorry it is not related to the post but.. is that Kim TaeHyung? (the profile picture)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Yes. It's him XD

ULTIMATE!? LIKE ULTIMATE!? srsly, the pressure is real.

Nakamura Shungiku. Her stories are refreshing despite being far-fetched to reality. Plus I like the fact that she's good with the emotions and the scenes to place it perfectly. Or maybe I am biased since my ultimate Uke was YOKOZAWA TAKAFUMI. But seriously, I really like the way she displayed the feelings and the drawing with utmost vibrancy.

She's definitely a 11/10.

I have the holy trio (whom all are also friends IRL): Kodaka Kazuma, Sanami Matou and Naono Boura.

All 3's styles and stories never betray readers who like their couples with a bit more older couples or with a age difference.

I really cannot choose one without other 2, haha.

Only thing I dislike in them is the way how they have a knack to have craploads of m/m couples in their stories. I mean, would it kill you to add more het-couples as a side pairs?

• 2 weeks later...

If I could only pick one mangaka, I would go with Yamane Ayano-sensei on account of "Viewfinder." I love Akihito's personality: he's empathetic, independent and loyal. It is also wonderful to witness the transformation of Asami from a very difficult man into someone capable of forming a deep emotional bond. Her numerous chibi and their grumbling are also a pleasure. The fun extras are fun and the regular units captivating.

Moegi Yuu. I've read all of her work and I have to say she is a goddess. Beautiful art, good characters... Especially Katekyo! was good, and I guess that's her most popular/famous manga too.

Kaede and Rintarou from Katekyo! They both are such amazing characters and their interactions made me actually sad (to the point of crying), happy (until I smiled like a maniac), angry (so much my chest hurt) etc. And to be able to create a manga that influences me so heavily... I'm a mega-fan of hers.

I'd go with Yamane Ayano. I don't really have a favorite, but I just love her art and stories. Akihito is so much different than your average uke: strong, independent, etc. And don't get me started about Asami. He's just damn sexy XD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Moegi Yuu and Nekota Yenozou. I love how light and simple their plot are and I love their art! They drew amazingly well :)

Naono Bohra. I love their work. I think it's because they have such interesting characters and a nice formula for story lines/

This is so difficult.

I would go with Takarai Rihito. But I also love so much the work of Ogawa Chise and Yamamoto Kotetsuko...

• 3 weeks later...

ayano yamane (the smuts is freaking hot), shungiku nakamura ( tsundere uke is so adorable), and of course takarai rihito (sensei's manga plot is awesome):leaf15:

• 2 weeks later...

aaa man if I had to pick one I'd probably go with Yamamoto Kotetsuko because I love all of her works and her style is so cute and distinctive! But I really have to mention Sagami Waka as well because her art style is soo gorgeous and her characters are just as beautiful.

Also because my absolute favorite series is Rutta to Kodama, Fujitani Yoko is a special favorite of mine *u*

• 1 year later...

Saika Kunieda for sure, her works can be deep, light-hearted, long, short, cute, spooky, she can draw just about anything!

It's hard for me to pick someone... But I would probably go with Scarlet Beriko for now. I recently read Jackass! and it really stood out to me. I started craving her stuff after I read that ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Kijima Hyougo. I LOVE how she draws bara. yoyo5I spend so much time digging through the second hand books shops in Tokyo to get all her works.