Confession — [Private RP: YellowPerch & Rin]

♠[Rin]♠

Silence ruled the room, creating an uncomfortable atmosphere. It was one of those days again; the meeting in which the date of a manga's publication would be discussed. Right next to his editor sat Seto, a quite young mangaka, whose Manga's first few volumes were already on the market. Still a little tensed, the brunette remained on his chair, his emerald eyes moving from one of the men at the other end of the table to the next. He was bad at keeping his emotions hidden therefore it was perfectly visible how uneasy he felt. Sitting here actually always felt like being handed to somebody on a silver platter. And honestly? He only trusted Kagami, nobody else. He was curious about what would happen, though. He always saw his Editor fighting with the printery (personnel) and paparazzi and what-not. Sometimes he even felt guilty. It was partly his fault, he was the one Kagami fought for...

Seto never knew how to make it all up to him. He just tried finishing the chapters in time - what did not work often. Though, he tried. He was just way too messy for a definite and strict timeline and time management.

A silent sigh. He wished to be back in his apartment soon.

Sadly it didn't become as long as I thought, I will write more during the RP though. Please excuse this messy beginning.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ♠[Rin]♠

• YellowPerch

Kagami knew Seto very well, having known him since the starting of his mangaka career. So it didn't entirely faze him when the new manga, which should have been finished, was still be worked on. The deadline, being tomorrow was once again something he'd have to work on the printing department. "Exactly what makes you unable to finish by the deadline!?" Kagami roared at Seto, knowing very well the younger male would slink back. Kagami tossed the originals on the table and took out his cell phone. He stood up and crossed the room to the other side. On the other end of the phone would be the printing department, this conversation would erupt in a matter of seconds. Kagami usually being the first to yell out. When he hung up his phone, and placed it in his pocket again he came back over to Seto. He placed a hand atop Seto's head. "The printing department has given you another five days. This must be finished by then. I won't get another deadline jump."

Almost reflexively, Seto sank down in his chair, fiddling with his fingers. "I am sorry, Kagami-san... I.. uhm..." The reason was very embarrassing he found. In fact he had messed his own time management up the moment he had bought new books. And he had started reading.

And days which were supposed to be working days became reading days. He didn't want to have everyone in this room know. But his Editor already phoned the printery anyway...

Emerald eyes fixated the taller man's face as mentioned told him he was given five more days. "Thank you so much!" Seto smiled politely, standing up to bow his head shortly. He would definitely apologize to Kagami later when they were alone. He wouldn't know how to handle his life without him. "I promise to have it finished in time!"

Kagami was glad to see Seto bouncing in happiness. He might have been harsh with the younger male, but he still hated seeing him with a sad expression. His expression softened and he sighed. "Seto, if there is ever a time you feel like you can't handle anything, then call me. I will help no matter what time it is." He pat Seto's head, a gesture he had always done. Although he wasn't too sure if it were to reassure himself, or calm Seto's nerves. Kagami turned to gather his things before leving the room with Seto in tow. He stopped at the elevator, pressed the button and turned to Seto. "I've got more work to handle. So I'll be leaving you for the day. Make sure you get the manuscript done." He pointed at the stacks of papers held against Seto's chest.

The boy seemed even a little happier when he was patted on the head; he had grown used to this gesture, besides he didn't mind it.

Seto followed Kagami out of the room, walking right beside him towards the elevator. At the taller one's statements, he nodded. "It will be done! I only got those five extra day because of you.." How could he pay him back? "Ah, Kagami-san? If you are busy today, what about tomorrow? May I invite you to a cup of coffee?" His Editor worked way harder than Seto himself so he wanted him to at least relax here and there. It must be a lot of stress and pressure Kagami had to go through, after all.

The elevator door had still yet to come to their floor. Seven floors and only that one made it hard sometimes, but eventually one would get used to it. Kagami looked down at Seto, standing at least a good three to five inches taller then him. He stood surprised, he didn't think Seto would actually invite him to drink coffee with him. Normally Kagami would be doing the asking, and most of the time it was just for a meeting about the manuscripts or the manga release dates. Kagami looked back at the elevator just as it arrived and opened on their floor, the two stepped in. Kagami pressed both the ground floor and the fifth floor. They would separate as soon as the elevator reached the ground floor first. "I have work until the afternoon. A meeting with a few more of the editors has been decided on for tomorrow. I can call you as soon as I'm done though."

Seto leaned against the railing inside the elevator, his arms still hugging the papers against his chest. His smile didn't leave, not even when Kagami didn't seem to have the time for that invitation. "Please don't rush yourself. I know you work hard! Don't hesitate to send me a text as soon as you know when you have some free time that you would like to spend with me." Because compared to Kagami, Seto actually had endless free time - as long as he finished storyboards, manuscripts and chapters. But otherwise he could do what he wanted and he loved leaving his apartment for activities.

The door opened for Seto on the ground floor. Just before the doors closed he ruffled Seto's hair and hovered over him for a second. "I'll call you tomorrow." He backed away just in time for the doors to close and head to the fifth floor. Alone in the elevator Kagami couldn't help but look at his right hand and clench it closed. He liked the softness of Seto's hair and he wished he could touch it more. For right now he had to keep his distance, he wouldn't suddenly blurt out his feelings. For now he would remain a friend and editor to Seto and that was it. The elevator opened on his floor and Kagami stepped off, heading for his desk.

• 3 weeks later...

The doors opened and Seto gave a tender smile to Kagami, who even ruffled his hair what made him chuckle lightly. Just before the doors closed, he slid through and lifted a hand for a small wave. "I will be waiting!" He answered right before the elevator cut them off.

He hoped that Kagami would at least get time to relax soon, knowing how much his Editor had to do and how hard he worked. And next to that he also cared for Seto what - as the smaller one claimed - wasn't necessary! He could stand on his own two feet and didn't want to be a burden for Kagami.

Back in his apartment he closed the door behind and sighed to himself. Five more days... He raised his glance to look at the nice weather outside but eventually shook his head. "Don't let it get you!", he told himself, took off his shoes and vanished into his workroom. Time to finish his work!

When the elevator reached his floor, Kagami was instantly bombarded with other editor's in need of advice. Among his co-workers, everyone knew Kagami was the calmest one around. Even when he was stressing with things on his own plate, Kagami managed to stay cool and collected. As he dealt with each of those who asked for his advice he even manged to take calls and answer emails of his own from other mangaka's. Seto wasn't the only one he managed as an editor. In fact, thanks to his boss, Kagami edited for five mangaka's in total. To many that would be too much, but to Kagami he liked having the busy schedule. It meant he didn't have to go home to a dark and lonesome apartment to sit and drink his problems away.

By the time it reached dinner time, Kagami was already overworked. But he wouldn't let anyone know. Not even his boss as he called Kagami to his office for a small meeting with another editor. That took another two hours of his shift, so the work he still needed to get down would end up being pushed back. By the time Kagami was able to leave it was nearly midnight. He had only a few minutes before the last trains stopped running. Luckily, after taking off at a dead run, Kagami was able to reach the station in time just as the last train departed. When he got home it was midnight. Without eating dinner, Kagami went straight to his bedroom and flopped on the bed. He would worry about his work tomorrow morning. With no time at all, Kagami was asleep, fully clothed.

Tme to finish his work probably was a little ... far-fetched. Seto did spend hours sitting at his desk but more or less with little to no motivation. He wanted to make Kagami happy though what was the reason why he stayed at this desk through the night. When the first sunlight found its way into the room he knew it was probably time to take a nap. Only twenty pages left. Four days. He could do that. He just had to keep telling himself!

At least that was what he thought before falling asleep on the couch without having eaten or drunken something. Well yes, he was a pretty helpless case even though he denied it.

Kagami woke to his alarm early the next morning. When the alarm went off he smacked down on the button to shut it off and peeked at the time. It read 5:30. He groaned before slamming his head back into the pillow for a few more minutes. Unfortunately his 'few more' became another thirty minutes and Kagami was now running behind. He didn't have time to take a shower, nor eat breakfast. He did however find at least a banana to eat before rushing out of the apartment. He had also managed to change his shirt and tie at least. He grabbed his suit case in the entry after slipping on his shoes. By the time he got to the station, rode the train, and got to work, he was already a half hour late. Kagami's boss was shooting bullets at him for being late. "Ah, I get it. I'll be right there." he mumbled to himself as he got settled at his desk. Kagami was probably the only one to address his boss like that, but he would never actually say it out right to him. Kagami then left for the meeting room he would be in for almost the rest of the day.

The rest of the day was a long time, especially for someone so bored as Seto. When he stood up it was something around 4 PM and the first thing he did was making himself some tea. Though, he ended up burning his lip on the hot liquid and he knew: it was not his day. That may be the reason why he didn't work so much on his manga today. Nevertheless, he waited for a call from Kagami and as it didn't happen even after the sunset at 8 PM, he started to worry. His Editor must be really busy to not keep his word. Not that Seto held it against the taller one, he was simply concerned. Maybe that was the reason why he ended up outside near to the house Kagami's apartment was in. He lied to himself, telling himself that he had left to catch some fresh air.

Oh well, eventually he had a small envelope with him including a letter and some tiny cookies wrapped in plastic. It took him some time to leave the envelope in Kagami's mailbox. He didn't even know if the cookies tasted good.

...maybe he shouldn't have put it into the mailbox in the first place. Maybe he was just bothering his Editor with his endless concern?

God damnit.

By the time Kagami finished work it was rolling up on 8pm. Kagami stared down at his watch and clicked his tongue. He was supposed to be out in the early afternoon. He groaned as he put his stuff back into his suitcase. As he booked it out of the office building and to the station, Kagami attempted to call Seto on his house phone. When that didn't go through, only ringing to the answering machine, kagami hung up his phone. Seto wasn't one to carry his cell phone on him all the time. Not that he didn't have one.

It felt like forever when he made it back to his station and got off the train. As soon as he was clear he started running again. When he finally made it to his apartment he was clearly out of breath. Running up the stairs to his apartment room, he found Seto standing there looking at his mailbox. "I...tried to...call...you" he gasped for breath as he spoke to Seto.

He blinked, and blinked again, right before blinking. Afterwards he blinked once more, ere he could react. How much had Kagami seen? Had he seen that Seto had put something into the mailbox?

An intense blush appeared on the brunette's cheek before he turned to Kagami and lifted his hands up. "Kagami-san, did you run? You're completely out of breath!" In his opinion a call wasn't as important as his Editor's health. "You should go in and drink some water and sit down. I will go home so you can rest." Also the taller one looked like he needed sleep. Seto was a real loser when it came to timing...

Kagami raised a brow at Seto's panic. And although he was still panting as much as he had been moments ago, he had a little bit more breath in him. He stood up from his bent position and breathed out a deep breath. He began walking to his room and pulled out a key. He grabbed Seto's wrist as he tried to escape. "Oh no you don't." He pulled him into his apartment as he unlocked it and opened the door. He pulled Seto in first making sure he wouldn't escape after he stepped in himself. Kagami locked the door behind him and set his suit case down. "Come in and sit down. I'll change out of these clothes first." He slipped off his shoes, stepped into the hallway and began walking down to his bedroom.

"Bu- Kagami-san! What are you-?" He was fairily not used to being grabbed and pulled along. Kagami was usually a tender man whose touch was soft. Not that Seto blamed him now for anything but he was simply surprised and overwhelmed. And the moment he had realised that he was inside the apartment - the door was already locked.

"...okay." He did sulk and cross his arms, after all, this was against his will! Even though deep inside he didn't really mind. His heartbeat sped up a little but he chose to ignore it and followed the other's wish by taking off his shoes, stepping into the living room and sitting down on the couch. A sigh passed his lips gently. It was late, so what was Kagami up to? Had he even had Dinner yet?

In his bedroom, Kagami leaned against the closed door, staring at his hand. It was the second time, two days in a row that he was able to touch him. He didn't mean to be so forceful, but there was no way he was going to break his promise that he had made the night before. He sighed and pushed himself off the door. He chose a pair khaki pants and a plain gray shirt. He slipped off the suit he wore to work today for the meetings nd slipped on the other clothes he pulled out. He hung up his suit so he could take it to the cleaners when he got the chance. When he returned, he found Seto sitting on the couch awkwardly. Kagami entered the room, his hair still slicked back from dressing up today. "It's pretty late, huh? How about we just order out?" He smiled over at the other. "Or I can cook up some fish I have in the fridge."

He looked up and smiled at the other. It was still a little awkward to be here but not in a negative way at all. Kagami looked relaxed again and it made Seto happy. He couldn't understand the other's actions, Kagami was simply unpredictable to him.

"Please don't trouble yourself about it. We can order something! You really don't need to cook." He looked so exhausted already.

Seto fiddled a little with his fingers. He would feel more than honoured if Kagami would cook for him but he also wished for the other to recover.

Kagami had stood in the entrance of the living room watching Seto. He waited for the other to answer him and when he did he smiled just a little bit. Seto was always a fidgety person. But Kagami just found it cuter for the younger male. "Cooking the fish it is." He left for the kitchen. Yeah sure, Seto had said they could order. But Kagami certainly didn't mind cooking. In fact, he decided to cook it for Seto as an apology for ruining their plans for this afternoon. He dug into the fridge and pulled out the two fish that he had picked up at the store the other day. They had been on sale and Kagami couldn't pass up the opportunity. He turned the stove on and waited for it to heat up, but in the mean time he prepared the fish and readied the skillet.

The smaller one pouted when Kagami decided against his answer. He looked over to the kitchen and stood up after a while to enter it as well. "Can I at least help you?" It was later and he wouldn't give in that easily when he thought Kagami was doing too much for him.

Kagami looked behind him as he chopped off the heads and tails of the fish. "Hmm? Ah, if you want to cook with me then I'm all for it." He let a hearty smile cross his lips. He didn't mind cooking by himself. This was supposed to be an apology to the other male. He reached into the fridge and pulled out some vegetables and butter. Then into the cabinet to pull out some rice. He put them on the counter and looked back at Seto. "All your's if you want." Kagami then went to buttering and salting the fish before laying them in the oil and wine filled skillet. It started sizzling and he turned back towards Seto. "How is the manuscript going?"

At the other's smile caused Seto's heart to beat a little quicker and made him return a warm smile in combination with a slight blush. He stood at the counter in front of the vegetables and started cutting them. They would be nice with the rice and the fish. "Only half of the last chapter left. Twelve pages probably." He answered, glancing over to see the other's reaction. Three days were still left to finish that work.

Kagami pulled out a bowl to start mixing up the rice. He threw in a spoon of butter and some milk before pouring the rice in. "It sounds like you've got it under control, but let me know if something happens right away." He looked over at Seto for a moment, stopping himself from working on the rice. He then poured some of the wine he used with the fish in it and mixed it all together. He passed the bowl into the microwave and started cooking the rice. Then he went back to check on the fish. It still needed some time on that side to cook. He looked up at Seto and smiled, watching him cut up the vegetables.

He cut the vegetables in slices and pieces and then put the knife to the side. "Yes!" Seto answered proudly. "I know. But you should allow yourself to enjoy quiet and relaxation here and there. Or in the next few weeks." He looked a little over-worked, even though Seto guessed Kagami just liked his work or liked being part of this business. "I mean... Don't over overwork yourself. What if you get a burnout? Or other physical or mental consequences?"