On the Flip Side (taviss & Raychu) [R18]

Raychu

Naoki stared at the papers in front of him, just a few hours ago he got a letter stating he's be seeing a new patient. The boy's name was Henry with a case he had never dealt with. He read through the e-mail multiple times trying to figure out what he was just put into. The boy was apparently an extra special kind of case that would take a lot of work. He was used to spending two to three hours with people but the fact they said this boy was more special than a common case of depression or psychosis. He's never even hear of a case like this boy that was about to start with him. Just a few hours ago this boy was being evaluated now he's being sent to Naoki. This seemed like a hell of a case with a lot more work than he normally did.

Naoki read through a couple books trying to brush up on his information of split personality disorder. There were many views that it was not real, or that it was. Since he did not know what could have traumatized the boy he was to meet with soon, he could not make a decision yet. He wasn't told whether the personality was extremely violent or was depressive. He needed these key pieces of information to make an analysis on her boy but he was being forced to wait until the actual meeting. He found it important for a quick run over about his sudden patient but the doctor decided to skim over that part. It infuriated Naoki that the doctor gave him a half assed explanation instead of giving him a brief about the boy.

Naoki sighed, closing his laptop. He had stayed in the office later than he was supposed to, filling out extra documents for the transferring patients. He was meant as an emergency psychologist for extreme situations. The outside was dark, his room the only light in sight. Never had the older man dealt with someone this extreme of a case. How was he supposed to act? How should be react? He knew he was to work on the trauma and any violence if there was any, but he didn't know if it'd be necessary to forcefully bring out the second personality.

Naoki was becoming more irritated by the second not knowing anything about the situation. Who was the personality supposed to represent? A child who was abused? A violent personality to protect the boy from harm? He had heard many cases but never seen one himself. He would read the books but they were just books, he had to use the brain he was given to determine how dire the situation was. Naoki stood up heading out. He locked the door behind him, getting in his car and driving home. The meeting was going to be a long one.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raychu

• taviss

21e45c98490c4b1aec4e25a8777044d2.jpg

Henry McGregor

Height: 5'11

Hair: Chesnut/ginger

Eyes: Pure blue ocean

Student in chemistry in the best University of the contry. (in his first year of Master)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry woke up like any other day at six thirty sharp. He chose his clothes and put them on. He headed off to the bathroom where he washed his face and brushed his teeth. Six forty, he walked all the way down the corridor toward the stairs and went down them. He passed by the living room, looked over his black grand piano, slid his fingers on the side and smiled. Henry took a moment to sit there, letting his fingers gently touched the whites and black keys. He smiled gently at the sensation of the cold and smooth matter. He stayed there, eyes closed, ten minutes, feeling the keys in silence.

Seven o’clock, he headed to the kitchen where his grand mother was, placing two plates of waffles on the huge granite centre kitchen island. Henry took place at the left side, his grand mother at his right. He smiled, greeted and thanked her. He loves her so much. His grand parents took and raised him since his parents’ death when he was eight. His two parents were only-child, and his mother's parents had died a long time ago, his grand mother from cancer when he was one years old and his grand father from a CVA when he was not even born. Marie and Albert were his only relatives still alive and he cherished them a lot.

Henry was eating and talking happily about his last task and research in the lab. His grand mother was making him calm and at peace. Everything is fine, everything will go well, nothing will happen. He finished his breakfast, his favourite one, waffles top with strawberries and home chocolate coulis. His grand mother knowing how important it is to him to have his strawberries waffles on Tuesday. He took his plate and his grand ma’s and laid them in the dishwasher. He kissed his grand mother and walked off to the living room.

Tuesday, the day that Henry was off class and lab. It was the day he has to go to the clinic. Normally it was a good day to him. Waking up at six thirty, eating at seven, playing on his piano till ten, going out, walking forty minutes, classic music in his headphone, arriving at the clinic at ten forty, saying hello and talk about the university with the secretary ten minutes, sitting and waiting with his headphone on ten minutes and being call at eleven o’clock by Doctor Anderson for a four hours consultation. Normally this was a good day to him. But today he knew that it was going to be different. His Doctor, the one that took him when he was fifteen, the one that was taking care of his mental health for so many years now was retiring. He was told by Doctor Anderson that he’ll have a new psychiatrist, a younger one, Doctor Jinta.

Henry was letting all his insecurity and anxiety thoughts going away with each notes that he was playing. Every time he played music, all his mind was away in another world, where all his problems didn’t exist. Thanks to Marie, she was smart enough to teach him to play this magnificent instrument,so he could let out his emotions. Nine fifty, Henry came back to reality, all his worries with it, the anxiety rushing back into him like a train. He put his headphone on, the kind that cover all the ears, and started the music enough high to cover all the noises outside. Maybe the walk will help to calm him. He really likes to walk. Everything is fine, everything will go well, nothing will happen.

He arrived at ten forty seven. The secretary was surprised by his seven minutes late. He was normally so punctual. Henry was tense, not comfortable like he was at usual. Henry greeted the lady but sat immediately. He sat but shifted, unable to stay still and be comfortable. Everything is fine, everything will go well, nothing will happen. Ten fifty six, he curled up in the armchair, rested his chin on his knees closed his eyes and tried to concentrate on the music in his headphone. Everything is fine, everything will go well, nothing will happen. Ten fifty nine. He concentrated on his breathing. In, one, two, three, four, five, old, one, two three, four, out, one, two, three, four, five... He did it again and again. Eleven two minutes, what was going on, why the Doctor didn’t had call his name by now... Eleven four minutes... Eleven six minutes... Breed, breed... His face was tense, his fingers were beginning to taps on a false piano on his legs, his way to calming himself down, trying to recreate the blank in his mind that form when playing music. Eleven ten... Everything is fine, everything will go well, nothing will happen.

Naoki was about to go see if his new patient had come when his printer malfunctioned. He was caught up with trying to get all the deocukents he needed to print but they would not. He decided he had enough time to quickly write out what he needed. He began to scribble down the information needed. Today was going terrible, it was so hectic on the wrong day. He had a new patient coming in and he couldn't be acting so stressed. He had to look professional but here he was trying to get his work done in a matter of minutes. Naoki was becoming more stressed every time one little thing went wrong. Doctor Anderson said to take over the consultation as he was sick, but he seemed to be getting caught up in other things.

When Naoki finally finished redoing his documents, he realized how late he was running. He quickly tried to organize the papers in order but he decided it'd be better to just get them later. He put them in a neat pile on the desk heading out to the front. He saw a boy with headphones sitting in a chair, he assumed that was who he was supposed to meet with. He waved trying to get the boy's attention, talking in a loud voice. "Henry Mcgregor? It's time for your consultation," he spoke softly. Despite his loud tone he tried to sound as relaxed as possible but it felt like he was being stabbed with pins and needles with how tense he was. He was nervous to meet the boy, nervous he'd look like a fool, and nervous about how to hand the situation. The moment the boy got in the room he'd apologize for calling him in so late.

Naoki tapped his foot waiting for the boy to follow him in the back. He looked the boy over a couple times studying his looks. The boy looked even more unsettled than he was by the entire situation. Naoki shuffled his feet, looking at the boy tapping his pants like he was playing a piano, perhaps a nervous habit? He hoped he could reassure the boy enough to all him down slightly, it was quite hard to get people to talk when they weren't at ease with their surroundings.

Eleven ten, someone was moving in his field of view. When he saw the movements, he turned his head and looked around. His eyes stopped on a tall handsome Asian man, he took off his headphones, he did not hear his name because of them. Henry stood up, apologized and followed the... young man. Is he his new Doctor? Henry knew that he was being transfered to a younger Doctor, but he couldn’t have imagined that he’d be that young. Henry thought that he’d be transferred to a Doctor around his 40s, but Doctor Jinta seamed to be more in his late 20s to early 30s. Maybe they wanted to try a new approach with a younger psychiatrist, with up to date theories, fresh ideas could be good to Henry.

Henry entered a new room. Obviously he was not going to be treated in the same room as before, but he was still hoping before entering, he hates change. He remained up, looking at his surroundings, it was a normal psychiatrist office, a desk on one side, a kind of “living room” for the consultation with two sofas and books, many books in huge bookcases. That made him relax a bit, he feels more at ease surrounded by books.

-“I like books, they are calm and stay the same... I’m nervous... I don’t like changes. Can you give me fives minutes to calm down and let myself assimilate the room, please?” He spoke softly, his voice, even in distress, always sounds soft and warm. He slid his fingers on the books looking at the titles. After a minute he walked to the "living room" and chose a sofa to sit. He was now much more relaxed than before, his face was more relaxed, but he was still anxious. He didn’t know this Doctor Jinta, he didn’t know how things would work with him. He closed his eyes and concentrated on his breathing, a technique Doctor Anderson had taught him in order to calm himself when his anxiety becomes overwhelming. Everything is fine, everything will go well, nothing will happen. After fives minutes, he opened his eyes and said:

-“Ok, I’m feeling better now.” He was staring at the doctor, waiting for him to speak.

Naoki couldn't help but feel awkward as he entered his office, feeling weird to have a new patient all to a sudden. He wasn't used to randomly being thrown new patients but he was being trusted with Henry, a whole new case. He walked over to his desk, grabbing a notepad and a pen, walking over into the living room area and sitting in his chair. He as the boy move around anxiously, not commenting. "Please, take your time. I don't mind if you need to adjust, I'm not going to rush you. We have plenty of time, just make sure you're comfortable before we start. I know it's quite hard to express your mind when you are under anxiety and stress of dealing with a new surrounding," he said sternly. His voice was much different from his face, he had a soft smile trying to ease the boy. He stopped talking, trying to not make Henry feel too uncomfortable. He noted in the half of his mind that the other would slightly ramble when feeling nervous. He had many nervous habits from what he discovered.

Naoki have a small nod, smiling a bit more when they boy said he was better, though he still seemed a bit stressed about the situation but it was natural to be stressed over change. "Alright, but if you need to break for a minute or want to stop entirely don't be afraid to say. I'm completely okay with that. Being our first session we can play around it a little bit," his voice much softer than before. "I'm Naoki Jinta, also known as Dr. Jinta. I'll be your new psychiatrist, I hope we can get along. First thing, I was told you had a form already filled out for me to look over instead of spending longer then needed trying to question you for basic information?" Doctor Anderson said in his e-mail that he had the boy fill it out ahead of time instead of having him waste time trying to question him on it once more.

Naoki looked at Henry, studying his every move and action, not once taking his eyes off of him. He knew it might make the boy feel uncomfortable but it was standard procedure to watch a new patient closely trying to watch nervous habits, body language, and facial expression. As a psychiatrist you have to be able to read the person in front of you or else you wouldn't be able to deal with that person well. Some people had a stoic face but their body language told all. Some seemed calm but they did small nervous habits barely noticeable like rubbing their thumb and forefinger together. It was weird but it was how they displayed nervousness. He was trained to read people and he was going to put it to use with Henry, he had to or else he'd get nowhere with the boy.

Henry reacted at the mention of the form. He had filled it last week and put it in an envelope. He opened his messenger bag, found the envelope and offered it to Dr. Jinta. It was a basic questionnaire about himself, his age, occupations, school paths, future career, hobbies, etc. Things his new Doctor could use to maintain the conversation during consultation.

Henry was still anxious, passing a part of his uneasiness in his fingers by drumming them on the sofa. He took the time the Doctor was reading the paper to observe him. Dr. Jinta was a bit taller than him, maybe 6' to 6'2'’, he had very dark brown and messy hair, a nice and structured face, maybe half Japanese... and very beautiful deep emerald green eyes. Henry stoped his gaze on those eyes, fixing them, his mind becoming blank. His fingers gradually stoped moving, his body relaxing too. Those eyes were so calming for Henry. He didn’t know why, but something in it was warm and muffling. He could feel them pierce through him, like they could read in him and that thought was comforting. Henry’s anxiety disappeared completely. He was in good hands, he could tell him everything and trust him. Henry said;

-“Even if I’m stress by the start of the new school year, it has bean three weeks till my last switch. I’m very careful when I’m out. At the lab, my two class mate and my thesis supervisor are very careful. I really like to be in the lab. It’s calm...”

Naoki read over the paper that was given to him by the boy. It had everything that needed to know. He still had a few questions he needed to ask but that could wait until a little later when it was more relevant for him to ask. Henry seemed to be doing normal things instead of being cooped up because of his problem which was good for him. Even when having a mental issue its good to get out instead of being so cooped up all the time. It never helped anybody, it usually caused more stress and anxiety. Though he vaguely remembered the boy having a lack of socializing but that would take work. He could slowly pull Henry from that, attempting to make him try to socialize more, but in the end it wasn't so detrimental that the younger boy had to interact. It'd just be nice for the boy to have someone to talk to every now and then.

Naoki listened to the boy talk, nodding his head for acknowledgement. The boy seemed to open up to him which he was great up for. He was worried the entire time he was in the session he wouldn't get much out of the boy. He smiled as he spoke, "It's good you're careful but if you're thinking about having to avoid the switch, it could cause more anxiety. You might need to... loosen up per say. The more you focus on being careful, the more you are going to panic when something that causes the switch is close to happening. How often are you thinking about it?" He decided that was the easier question to start with rather than straight into if he knows how his other personality acts. Her work his way there, easy to hard. Small to large, basic steps.

Henry knew that, but it was unable to control it. He feared the switch because he lost all his memories in these periods. At first it was like skipping hours or days, but he had sometime “woken up” in places he didn’t know, sometime with bruises, sometime naked, sometime dehydrated. How could he not be thinking about it all the time? How could he not do everything in his power to avoid the switch? Impossible!

-“ I think about it 75% of the time. The only moment that I’m not on my guard is when I play the piano or if I listen to music. ”

Henry knew what happened when he switched, his grand parents had told him, but he was still losing every memories of it. Like his body was taken by someone else, covering all his senses. How would anyone react if their body was taken by someone else, be used and abused and then given back to its owner. Nobody would be okay with that... no, nobody...

Henry tensed up, thinking about losing his body again made him anxious. He didn’t want to disappear and never come back. Or worse, coming back in a place he doesn’t know, unable to call for help, injured and in pain. A horrible shiver crossed down his spine. He curled up on the coach, his arms around his legs, his forehead leaning down on his knees.

-“I just... don’t want to disappear...”

Naoki pursed his lips hearing that. If the boy thought about it that often it really was a problem. He at least had some coping skills but it wasn't enough. Constantly being on your guard like that really would affect you. "Do you think you could find different coping methods that'll help you not think about it?" he asked. He didn't know what else to say, he'd have to work with this problem over time. He'd have to be patient with the boy, work through it with him. He could feel the anxiety of the boy begin to just resonate off of him. Naoki began to feel a bit anxious with how anxious Henry was but he kept his cool.

"Why do you think you're going to disappear?" his tone turning stern once more. He was confused by those words of the boy disappearing, is that what made him so anxious all the time? Was the thought of never coming back when he switched? This was going to take more work than just finding new coping methods. He needed to dig into that fear and try to show he so using disappear, but then he'd have to back that up. It meant he would have to bring out the other personality without the boy knowing. But he could do that another time, his objective was to win trust at the moment, not scare the boy half to death.

Naoki tapped his fingers against the chair he was sitting in, trying to make himself more at ease. He always allowed his emotions to match with his patients, causing many problems. He worked on it, usually getting it under control, but since this was a new case he was having a harder time stopping it from happening. He just hoped the boy would talk more so he could get his mind off of his emotions.

Henry was still in a fetal position on the coach, his arm wrapped tightly around his legs. He knew that he was here to talk about his problem, but it made him very stressed. He preferred when Dr. Anderson made him talked about school and other stuff. Well Dr.Anderson made him talked about his brother and his condition a lot, but maybe because he trusted him for such a long time, it was less disturbing to talk about it. He replied, almost whispering it:

-“ I don’t know... I fear that one day he’ll take the control and never gives it back. He’s angry at me... My grand parents told me that Fred was very angry at me. He didn’t say why... Maybe he just hates me...”

Henry was so lost, changing Doctor was more difficult that he thought it be. Dr. Jinta amazing eyes made him relaxed, sure, but he was different. His voice was different, Dr. Anderson had that never changing tone of voice, perfectly still, no emotions, never changing. Everything is fine, everything will go well, nothing will happen. Henry was shivering, change was his weakness after all. It was too many changes in the same time, the Doctor was so different, his face, his age, his hair, his size, his clothes, his voice. He wanted to talk about other thing in his life, positives stuff.

-“Do you have a blanket? I’m cold... please, I’m so cold.”

Naoki decided to drop his questions all together. He decided he was pushing the boy too far, too fast. He felt a twinge of guilt from doing so. He knew better than to skip right to the questions but it was common for him to do, he liked getting information so he had an idea of what was going on. He decided a subject change would be best for both of them, it would ease the tension in the room. "I see. So how is school?" his tone becoming soft once more. He tried to not sound so brisk but when he got nervous his voice would change from cold to soft in an instant. It was a habit he tried to break but it never really worked in the end. He just had to try and keep it under control.

Naomi nodded, walking over to a closet he had, pulling out a blanket. The boy was too nervous for him to push may answers out of, so he decided to let him talk about what he wanted. He gave the blanket to the boy, returning to his armchair. He looked at the boy, waiting for an answer. He didn't want to push, it was on Henry's time when he would talk. Henry had complete control over the session now, Naoki would give it up willingly. To gain trust he and to let the boy feel comfortable with his situation first. That might take time, brings could be patient. Treatment took time, he knew that. He got to experience treatment for years himself, he had to got though this once. It's stressful, he hated it.

Dr. Jinta brought him a blanket. Henry pasted it over his shoulder covering all his body and head. After the Asian man sited, he lifted his head to reply, but he found himself drowned in the other’s eyes, only relaxing in the silence. He was in fascination, unable to explain why those eyes were so calming for him. Fives minutes pasted, his lips open and he began to talk:

-“I was stress at the beginning of the year, but now it’s really nice at school. My thesis supervisor his very routine-minded. So I like him. In the lab, everything has its place, and it’s calm...”

He continued to talk about his school life. How he liked the lab ambiance, the classes. He talked about his own routine at home. How he felt when he played on his piano. How his grand parents were always there for him and how much he loved them. He even talked about his friends, Clara, Matthew, Martin. How they helped him over the years when he was losing hours and sometime days. They were now all in different master classes, but they were still there for him. Over time, while he talked more and more about his normal part of life, he opened up uncurling and gesticulating, happy and smiling.

The four hours pasted quickly. Henry was happy at the end of the consultation. Now convinced that his new Doctor would be great one. He was different, he’ll have to accustom to him, but he wasn’t anxious anymore. Henry put his headphone on before going outside. He thanked Dr. Jinta, smiled and leaved. All his way home he was cheerful, now that he thought about it, it was not so much a big deal...

Everything is fine, everything will go well, nothing will happen.

Naoki smiled when the boy seemed to finally open up. Instead of pushing the boy, he needed to just go at Henry's pace. Slow and patient. He loved hearing about the boy's life and how positive it was. It made him feel more relaxed when the boy did open up, showing that he could be open and wouldn't fight it. He nodded, just letting the boy talk. The four hours went by fast as the boy spoke. Naoki's attention focused all on him, he didn't even bother to take notes. He'd hold every bit of information in his mind, locking it in, never letting it go. He'd remember next time to talk about these kinds of hinge with the boy since he was so clam and willing to do it. He could wait many sessions before even bringing up the other personality or go into a feelings jam. Patience is a virtue as many would say. He was preparing himself for when he had to bring out the other personality though, he had to. The boy felt like he'd disappear, he needed to show he wouldn't. It'd take time, trust, work, and confidence. Many things they needed to build together or nothing would be concluded in the end. Hey had to grow together, work together, it was all in trust and bond. Nothing more, nothing less.

Henry’s week had past surprisingly well. His last session had put him in a good mood. All his researches in the lab were going well too. His last switch seamed to be far in the past, three weeks since the last time. It was improving. Was it because he was careful, because he was less anxious, was it because of the change? No impossible, change had always made things worst. It was probably because he was careful. Putting his headphone every time he had to move around places. Well He didn’t move that much too this week. Only going out to the university three times, coming back directly at home after. He had play piano a lot more this week too, read three new books and one he had already read.

Saturday, 14h23. Four days had past since his consultation. The weekend was already there. He took his cell phone from his desk, searched in his contact list and called. *drinnnng,... drinnnng...click*

(...)

-“Heum Hello Dr. Jinta, it’s Henry here.” He said it very slowly, almost whispering. “Heum... I’m feeling weird and ... I don’t know...” His voice trembled and he started to cry silently. “ Please... I need you... help me...” He hung up.

He was alone at home, his grand parents out for two or three hours. He walked down the stairs, all the way to the entrance and unlocked the door. He backed up to the living room. He put his back on the wall and slid on the ground, where he sat his legs spread-out. He looked at the phone in his hand, lifted the other to his head, glided his fingers in his hair to replace them. He sighed and smiled.

Naoki started reading more and more on Henry. He studied the case file, but it didn't help him one bit. Not one piece of information in there that actually benefited him. He'd be riding this out like an unknown wave. Sometimes it would be smooth and others it would be extremely rough. Henry was going to hard yet easy to work with. Easy being he could easily talk about life, hard being he wouldn't talk about the actual problem. Focusing only on positives is a good coping method but when you completely avoid the problem all it does is damage you even more. He sighed. He was so lost on what to do with the boy. He didn't know how to approach him each time without having him flip out. It couldn't be too different because change was stressful for him. He'd just go about it blindly.

Naoki's phone rang and he instantly picked up, "Hello? Who am I speaking with?" his tone soft. He rarely ever got phone calls from his patients, but even if it was rare he still had some occurrences, such as this one. The end of the line clicked, ending the call. "Wait? Henry? Dammit," he put his phone on the desk. How was he supposed to help if he didn't even know what was going on, he instantly hung up without saying anymore. He'd just clear a two hour consultation, call the boy back and have him come if he wanted to. If not then he had a free hour, which he extremely disliked having. He felt so useless during free hours.

Naoki placed in a call to a patient personally, tell them he had to reschedule for another time. They understood and he hung up. Next was how he was going to be when he called Henry back, he didn't know what to say or do. Did he just naturally invite him to come to the session, did he urge him to come? What was he supposed to say? Everything was happening so abruptly. He needed the world to slow down for a minute so he could breathe. But that was just a ridiculous want. Being trapped in his thoughts, he jumped in his seat when he heard his phone go off. He picked it up, answering it, slowly putting it to his ear.

"Hello...? Henry?" he said in a whisper, something seemed off.

He stayed there, fixing the empty space, thinking. He needed to see Naoki. He wanted to see him, to look in his eyes. He waited ten minutes, opened his contact list again and selected Dr. Jinta. He sighed at the other answering. His voice was discreet, trembling, he said:

-“Heum, I’m sorry... I don’t want to bother you... my... my grand parents are out... and... I’m” He paused, sniffled and let the silence floated for some seconds. He sniffled again and said:

-“I... I can’t move. My legs are wobbling and weeks... I... I can’t reach my grand parents... You... are the only person that can help me... Please...” His voice was even more trembling. He sniffled more loudly, many times. He loudly let his body slid completely on the floor. His voice was very weak when he said:

-“My head is spinning... Please... Please Dr. Jinta... come help me...” The phone fell to the groung, making a loud bang. The line stayed open, making the sound that the line is busy.

He was lying on the ground his eyes half closed. He stayed there not moving, waiting for Naoki to come. He was breeding slowly, tears rolling on his face. Come quickly Naoki...

Naoki was confused, everything was happening so fast. He didn't know where the boy lived but before he got a chance to ask the line on the other side went silent. He hung up, walking quickly out to the front desk. He was getting impatient with how slow the women at the desk was being, but he couldn't blame her, there were so many files to go through at once. Hand he finally got the information, he headed out the door straight for his car. He got it into gear and drove quickly, a bit past the speed limit. He was panicked. How was he the only one who could help the boy? Surely someone else was available. That was a matter for later, right now he needed to just get to the house.

As Naoki approached the house, he parked on the side of the road, getting out. He was power walking towards the door. He knocked lightly as he opened it. "Henry? I'm here, where are you?" his voice loud. He closed the door gently behind him, no life in sight. He walked around, looking at all his surroundings. Where could he be? He was so lost in the house, unaware of the surroundings. He just continued to walk and look around. He walked into the living room, seeing s body curled up on the floor. He kneeled down, "Henry...?"

He was still there, lying on the floor when the door opened. He heard Naoki’s voice and the door being closed. He stayed there not moving while the Asian man walked around the house looking for him. He didn’t move, breading slowly till the other man kneeled to his side and spoked His name.

He started laughing softly at first but it intensified soon. He lifted his head, his eyes looking at Naoki from his knees moving up to his face. He grinned while lifting his body from the ground to sit. He said teasingly:

-“Hahaha, I did a pretty good performance here, imitating Henry, don’t you think?” He was smiling, finding himself very funny. He gazed at the Doctor in front of him, analysing his face. Well, well, he knew now why He did find him attractive. The Asian man in front of him was a very handsome young man. Fascinating! While he was fixing Naoki, he lifted his hand to replace his own hair. He hated to have them on his forehead like He wore them. His gaze stoped in the other’s eyes. HA! Well, He’s sure very predictable! He opened his lips, smiling and said:

-“You are very handsome Naoki. I know now why He was such in a good mood! Oh! By the way, I’m Frederick. Happy to be able to meet you. Well I had already seen you but we were unable to introduce our self properly.” He leaned his face very close to the other’s, moving his body over and putting his hand on the floor. He smiled and took a huge and loud breathing in. Fred returned to his previous position, sitting cross-legged.

-“ You smell nice too, Henry will like it, I’m sure. Oh! Sorry for the prank... Well I did find it very funny but in the first place it was because I really wanted to meet you. We switch an hour ago, so it was me all along. He was so relax and carefree. Normally if He’s alone at home, He put some music in the house to cover noise outside but He forgot, thanks to you. I think a truck used his engine braking and because it was so silence in the house, well you know, I’m here!” Fred grinned, looking directly in Naoki eyes.

Naoki pursed his lips at the boy in front of him, confused by the words that were being spoken. Imitation of Henry? Perhaps this was the other personality, the one he dreaded that he would sooner or late have him come out, but he didn't even have to wait. It was already done for him, the boy right in front of him. "Ah, so you're Frederick. Well it's nice to meet you as well," he spoke calmly. He didn't want to upset the boy if he seemed like he was riled up. In the paper he had that was recorded on Henry, it stated Frederick was known to get violent, he didn't want to deal with that at the moment. "Handsome? Is that so? I've never been complimented on my appearance before. Thank you." He was being polite as he could, trying to seem like he was completely comfortable with the situation.

Naoki leaned back when the other came so close, breathing in. It was weird to deal with something so new and odd. Never had any of his patients smelled him before, they kept their space, not wanting to even get near him. When the boy moved away, he felt himself relax, showing he tensed up. He was becoming noticeably nervous, he needed to calm. "Do I smell good? How odd, I don't use anything special. No worries, it's a pleasure to have meet you, truly it is. But you could've just come and seen me, it would've been easier," he hummed. He was trying to not focus on why he was there in the first place, it was to help Henry. He was irritated he was forced out of his office for no reason, he even had to cancel an appointment to come see this nonsense.

"Was he in that good of a mood? Are you pinning the blame on me for you switching with Henry? But you seem quite pleased by it," his tone going softer. He worried that it was his fault for having Frederick come out, but he wouldn't have been able to stop it either. It happened out of his control, out of his boundaries. The best he could do now is sit here with the boy until the switched again. "Is there anything specific you want to talk about? Since you wanted me over here that badly that you would cry for help."

Fred smiled widely, his eyes almost closed. Apparently, the new Doctor was not stupid. He had fall for his acting on the phone but he was not stupid enough to be manipulated easily now. So much more interesting this way! The last Doctor was so easy to manipulate than it became boring to him. Some challenge would be appreciated. He pointed his index in the air and then exclaimed himself:

-“ HA! Touché! I’m very happy to be here! He has been so careful in the past month that I couldn’t be free as much as I’d wanted. It’s in part your fault that He let his guard downs, but I’m very thankful for it.” He moved back to be able to lean against the wall. His stress level was very low, which could be a problem. He had two options, letting it be and deal with the fast switch back or do something that would bring some stress to stay longer. What to do? Naoki’s next question made him choose quickly. He’d have to do something stupid to put some stress on Him even if it couldn’t guarantee more time. At least it’d be fun. Fred’s smile faded to become only a small corner and teasing smile.

-“ I wasn’t sure how long I’d be here... And I wanted you alone, with no one around to hear.” With no warning Fred punched Naoki hard in the chest and threw himself over him. He took advantage of the surprise and with all his weight he pushed the other man on the ground, putting himself over and blocking the other’s arms with his legs. He gave three other blows in Naoki’s chest. He sighed, felling the adrenaline rushing in him. But it wasn’t enough, so he put his two hands on the Asian’s neck, not to kill him but to make his breathing difficult. But it wasn’t enough neither. Too bad, he’s not going to injure him seriously just for fun. So Fred opened his hands and put them on Naoki’s face and brought his own very close, their lips brushing.

-“Not enough, it’s too bad, I’ll come back Naoki...” His eyes blur and his body became relaxed. He tensed up quickly again, his eyes widening. He jumped backward, putting his hands over his mouth.

-“ DR. JINTA! Wha....what..what happened? ...Wh..why... a..re ...you here? ...You...are..you alright?”

Naoki frowned when the boy smiled, it was an eerie kind of smile. It didn't mean anything good, just plain bad. He was sure this was meaning Frederick was thinking of something horrible but he wouldn't make mention of it. Staying calm and compliant was his best option, at least he hoped it was. There wasn't much else he could do, he couldn't hold the boy down without reason, he was alone. Just himself to help, it was him and Frederick, no one else.

Naoki pursed his lips, contemplating the words he was going to say. "Perhaps that is the case, but you are out now. It isn't my fault though, I can't control Henry's actions, I can only influence them a bit. He did what he did on his own, I didn't make him," he spoke gently. It was true, he couldn't have possibly made Henry be so careless, all he did was slightly influence the boy, but not even that. He never once said to leave the house silent, or be so reckless. That was all on the other boy, he had no part in what was done. All he could do now was sit here with the other, watching and waiting.

Naoki was about to speak when Frederick punched him in the chest, the air being knocked out of him. He hit his back on the ground with a thud, the other on top of him. He scrunched his face in pain as the other punched him three more times. That's when he started to half choke him. He felt he had air but it was so limited. He was confused by why the boy suddenly did what he did, but first things first, his life is on the line. He felt the hands release as he gasped for air. He flushed slightly as Frederick leaned down, brushing their lips together, so close to kissing. Naoki sighed in relief as Henry seemed to come back.

Naoki smiled widely at the boy, calming himself down from what just happened. "I'm fine. Let's just say I had a minor run in with Frederick. I hate to sound rude but could you please get off of me?" he tried to sound calm, but his voice shook, showing he was panicked. "Nothing too major happened." He rubbed his neck, still feeling where the hands originally were. He was glad to have his air source back once more. He was just worried about how Henry would react.

At the other’s words, Henry jumped backward, stepping quickly only stopping when his back touched the wall, while saying “ I’m sorry, ...I..I’m...sor..sorry, sorry.” He was so confuse. He was humming in his room, happy, planning on go playing piano. What happened? What time was it? He looked at his watch, shit! He was away one hour. He had been careless to let the house be silent. Something had probably made a loud sound and made Frederick come out. Shit! He looked at Dr. Jinta and saw that he was all messy. His voice had sound very shook too. What had He done? When his Doctor rubbed his neck, Henry gasped his hands on his mouth, realising what Fred had done. Henry said, his voice sounding remorseful:

-“Nothing majors! Is He strangled you? I’m sorry, it’s horrible, I’m horrible. I’m sorry Dr.Jinta...” He moved backward again, moving in a corner of the room and curled up. Why did He had to be so horrible with his new Doctor? Henry knew that Fred was sometime violent, even if he couldn’t remember, people had told him. Henry also knew that Fred had sometime messed in his relations to destroy them. Like the time Henry had a boyfriend, even if he was very patient and knew his situation, Fred had sabotaged their relation. But he had just met Dr. Jinta. Why would He already try to crush something that didn’t exist? Well sure Henry had found his Doctor attractive, but it was not the only man he had thought about this way. Still in the corner, Henry lifted his head a bit. He would need to change the atmosphere. When someone else was feeling bad, his caring side showed up.

Henry slowly raised and move to the piano, making sure to stay at a good distance of his Doctor. He wanted to let the other man his space. He sited on the bench, gently put his fingers on the white keys and started to gently push them. It made a gently sound. He let himself fall in the music. The soft music ''One Summer's Day'' floated and enveloped the room.

Naoki frowned at how Henry immediately panicked when he rubbed his neck. It was weird for him to hear Naoki from one boy and Dr. Jinta from the other. It gave him a clue that one was more formal than the other. He wanted to hug the boy and tell him it wasn't his fault for Frederick's actions but he decided to give the other space for a bit. He sat up, his chest feeling sore from the hits. He didn't touch his chest though, he was worried Henry would flip out more. Naoki didn't find it to be that big of a deal. He had never been choked but it didn't seem as like Frederick was meaning anything harmful as breaking a windpipe. He dousing say why the other did it, but he was sure he wasn't trying to kill him. Not the best first meeting with the boy, but definitely better than it could've been. His trachea could've broke because of the brute force the other boy used, but it did not. He found himself to be quite lucky, though Henry might not see it that way.

Naoki let the boy play the piano and finish the song before deciding something needed to be said. It was stressful if the boy heard nothing from him, he needed to reassure him it was fine. He felt great. He got up walking over to Henry, giving a soft smile. "I'm fine, really, it could've been worse. You didn't do anything, you had no control over his actions, don't consider yourself horrible of do what he does. You can be sympathetic towards what he does to people, but don't take responsibility over it. Did you choke me? I think not," he spoke gently. He hoped he was somehow reassuring the other that everything was okay. He was trying to explain he was fortunate Frederick decided to play so extremely nice with him. At least Henry was back out, his job was completed. He waited for them to switch so he could make sure the other was okay.

"Is there anything you need from me at the moment? I'm not leaving until you say you want me to go. My schedule is clear for the rest of the day," he hummed. "Perhaps you could let me hear another song, you're quite talented." He looked at the boy expectingly, hoping he'd say yes. Naoki needed something to clear his mind, piano music always did that for him.

Henry opened his eyes after finishing the song he was playing. He turned his head to look at Dr. Jinta walked toward him. He listened, slowly letting his eyes and head going down. He looked at his hands, even if the Doctor said that nothing was his fault, Henry felt guilty anyway. Henry was not stupid, he knew that Fred was a part of him. They were disconnected, but Fred was not a supernatural being that took control of his body from time to time. It was only his brain that had created this mess after the car accident. Henry said softly:

-“I’m still sorry... but if you say you are okay... I’ll try not to take too much responsibility over it... but... sorry.” Henry was still looking at his hand on his knees. At the Asian’s words about staying as long as Henry needed and about his music, he lifted his head, blushed and looked in the other’s eyes. Henry slid on the bench to the left side, to let enough space to someone else to sit by his side. His cheeks a bit red and still looking at Dr. Jinta, Henry said with a smile:

-“If you can stay till my grand parents come back, I’d just feel better.” He turned his gaze on the white keys, putting his fingers on it too. He added “And, ... well, thanks you. I play only to myself or for my grand parents normally. I’d be happy to play again for you.” His fingers glided and gently caressed the black and white keys. Soft notes began to float in the air. He played ‘Feel, by Joe Hisaishi’ first, ‘Nocturne #14 In F Sharp Minor, Op48/2 by Chopin’ second, fallowed by ‘Opus 36, by Dustin O’Halloran’. Henry stoped, looked at the man by his side and said:

-“I’d like to play one of my favourites. That song had alway made me shiver. I’d really like to play it for you. Would you like it?” He smiled gently.

Henry closed his eyes, took a long breath in and let the silence overrun the space. He started to touch gently the keys, the music escaping the piano. The song was ‘Gymnopedies #1, Lent et Douloureux, by Erik Satie’. Every note was passing through his body to his fingers. Henry body was covering by sweets goose bumps. His eyes were closed and a soft warm smile appeared on his face. He stayed in a sweet trance all time he played it. At the last note, Henry left his fingers on the keys, letting the last notes disappeared in the air, the silence taking again all the place. Henry opened his eyes slowly and whispered:

-“Thank you...”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(I suggest that you listen to the songs while reading ^_^ )

Naoki felt was disappointed the boy did not seem to let the situation go so easily. It truly was not Henry's fault, even if it was his body. His brain created another source of anger and sorrow to be expressed, Henry didn't have control over that. It was subconscious actions he was following. His body was being manipulated by the sorrow and gulf he felt towards the accident, his brain was taking advantage of that, using it to produce Frederick and his actions. It was hard to explain to the younger boy without seeming so complicated. The world is psychology was one with many fields, hard to explain to the people who never read the history behind it. Even with many adults he would have to explain what he meant by speaking a lot more simplistic than he was used to. Many people would say he was trying to make them seem dumb, but he was only saying it without unneeded fancy words. Perhaps he could talk to Henry about the situation sicnr he took so much responsibility over something he can't control until he can accept the accident that occurred in his life, without feeling any sort of remorse to feed into his self destruction.

Naoki listened to the songs the boy would play, loving every single one of them. He had a lot of talent, he could even go professional if he wanted. But that would perhaps be too much pressure for him to handle, he usually seemed to crack and panic, letting anxiety take over. But then Frederick would come out because of all the chaos and havoc. Not a good idea in the end. It was a nice thought but until Henry had complete control over the subconscious part of his brain once more then he should not be in that kind of environment. It would only end in misery for him. But he played so diligently, his fingers barely tapping the white keys of music. He let himself get I got eh songs, listening to his own tunes he played. He let his emotions run through his fingers into the keys to play around him, it was drawing him into a trance just watching the ginger.

Naoki cocked a brow at the thank you given. He did not deserve gratitude for anything, he was only doing what was right. He wanted to make sure Henry was safe, that didn't deserve much gratitude, but he would accept it out of the kindness of his heart. The silence filled the room as he cleared his throat, preparing to talk once more. His throat still felt swollen from the previous incident. "You're welcome. Though I'm not sure why you are thanking me," he laughed. He was keeping himself light and calm, not randomly changing emotions like he was once before. The music seemed to have calmed his wracked nerves, making them feel nonexistent. It was nice to not be on edge for once, Henry seemed to put him in a good mood, prepared for anything. He usually was tense and panicked, unsure of what to say or do next.

"I just wanted to say Henry, it may be your body but it's still not you mentally. You see, your brain is subconsciously creating Frederick, you can't stop it because your brain is practically going past you and manipulating your emotions. Frederick is the cause of unwanted emotions, but your brain is refusing to let go of those emotions, it feeds Frederick and his... personality. You can take responsibility but you can't stop your brain from reacting on its own. It just happens to the best of us. I used to subconsciously break down. I would black out for ten minutes and a chair from my dining room would be broken. Until I got a handle on my feelings, my brain would act on it's own, controlling me through manipulation a tactics. I was quite aggressive, but I got over it. I'm sure one day you can get a handle of Frederick, perhaps lose the personality all together. But that's only if you are willing to let go," Naoki hummed.