Getting back to YaoiOtaku (either 1x1 or group rp; i am uke/seke)

InkompleteWish

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukio Takamiya

• hal7283

• AmaryllisRose

• Tetsu

Why don't we have a world where the skies are the seas and the ocean is the sky. I mean like the 'sea' is above everybody's head and the 'sky' is like water. It's just about the perspectives of people that's why we have sharks and ships in the sky?

I don't know. It seems a little crazy to me but yeah. It just came to me all of a sudden. Just ignore me if you guys don't agree.

Umm..can we say that the lands are islands floating between the sky and sea. Meaning that the area below these islands are all water and the clouds are.....ehehe I don't know. Parking lots for the air vehicles? Haha...ignore that, its dumb XD

@.@ I have to say, you're a very creative person! In a very good way, of course~ ^-^ Hmmm, maybe instead of water, the ships could just... sail on clouds? xD And they're like a mode of transportation between little floating islands suspended in the air~!

Umm..can we say that the lands are islands floating between the sky and sea. Meaning that the area below these islands are all water and the clouds are.....ehehe I don't know. Parking lots for the air vehicles? Haha...ignore that, its dumb XD

Well actually it's not a bad idea. We can have a world of floating islands, some closer to the ocean while others higher above the sky. Obviously there would be many different races inhabiting these islands, such as human, elf, and angels(who could be lieterally messengers from god or just an race of winged beings). Since the ocean below is filled with dangerous sea creatures most transportation was done by air ships. Of course the sky isn't completely safe because there are also flying creatures both big and small, but in general air creatures are less hostile and allow safer passage (With a few notable exceptions such as... I don't know, Dragons? Giant air whales?)

As for the plot... I don't know... it could be centered around the crew of those sky ships and their adventures, like Pirates of the Carribean or Moby-Dick but in the sky. Or it could be about rivaries between the different species of those floating islands, with war between giant flying fleets and of course some romance bloom in the battle field (between enemies even!). We could even combine both idea with one side of the story about these outlaws chasing treasure or revenge, while the more uptight royalty and army guys found themselves getting dragged into war, and somehow the two sides cross path and such.

You know what? How about this. We all know that in the real world, we have countries and continents. So in this fantasy AU, the floating islands are always moving which means that no country are always in the same place. We could start the roleplay with a disaster like maybe the collision of two countries. And the survivors pick it off there.

Of course we could also use Hal's idea with the crew and all. It was just a suggestion :)

You know what? How about this. We all know that in the real world, we have countries and continents. So in this fantasy AU, the floating islands are always moving which means that no country are always in the same place. We could start the roleplay with a disaster like maybe the collision of two countries. And the survivors pick it off there.

Of course we could also use Hal's idea with the crew and all. It was just a suggestion :)

Good idea. There's probably some "magical tide" thing in that universe which allowed things to float, and usually the currents flow regularly so everything was in place, but somehow the current got wild and set two islands against each other... maybe one of them had elves while the other had angels? Or some other strange and fantastical race if you fee like it. The people of the two races certainly would have to adapt, trying to live with each other while fending off enemies who may saw this as an oppurtunity to attack.... Maybe in order the stregnthen the alliance the royalty of the two races decided to arrange a marriage? You guys can see where I'm going from here right?

Oh yes...I see what you're hinting at. But the marriage is only one pair. We have three couples for this group rp. Gonna have to come up with something else for the other two.

Elves and angels sound perfect!^^ The two races merges into one with a little conflict here and there, but nothing too big. So basically this rp is about the two races trying to adapt to changes while fending off foes?

Pirates for manning the ships? I just always think pirates... when I think ships... O.o Giant air whales... xD Perhaps that shark thing... floats around with the magical tide, eating things? And then some birds could fly around with really sharp beaks, the danger being you could get stabbed if the bird doesn't look where it's going, or it could tear the sails on the ships! As for where you're going with the marriage thing... yes, I see where it's going... XD How many races should there be? Is it going to be something like, one race per island... or...?

Oh yes...I see what you're hinting at. But the marriage is only one pair. We have three couples for this group rp. Gonna have to come up with something else for the other two.

Elves and angels sound perfect!^^ The two races merges into one with a little conflict here and there, but nothing too big. So basically this rp is about the two races trying to adapt to changes while fending off foes?

Well the other two pairs would depend if we want them to be from the elf/angel nation as well. For example they could be generals/ministers of theier nations, commanding their fleet and such (back to the crew of sky ship idea basically) Or even from other races either allied or hostile to the Elf/Angel nation, such as general of enemy nations, or pirates. Or even outright some powerful beings like dragons and stuff who got invovled somehow. We should see what everyone thinks about the whole idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirates for manning the ships? I just always think pirates... when I think ships... O.o Giant air whales... xD Perhaps that shark thing... floats around with the magical tide, eating things? And then some birds could fly around with really sharp beaks, the danger being you could get stabbed if the bird doesn't look where it's going, or it could tear the sails on the ships! As for where you're going with the marriage thing... yes, I see where it's going... XD How many races should there be? Is it going to be something like, one race per island... or...?

Really depends. I imagine some islands would be more mixed race than others. Just imagine Lord of the Rings, but in the sky kind of ordeal? You know with humans and elves and orks and goblins and dwarves and halflings and perhaps many many other races specific to this universe. For example maybe the "Angel" is a race more adapted to living in the sky because they have wings and rely less upon sky ships, while races like humans build large fleets to traverse the sky.

Perhaps we could mix them all together. Maybe a character or two with the pirates, then the marriage and high ranking officials of another race. Basically they go about doing their own stuff until they all meet at one point. We don't really have to make them meet at the beginning. They could be enemies for all we know.

Should we compile a list of what kind of races we have in this world? I'm guessing that a few NPCs are also required?

Perhaps we could mix them all together. Maybe a character or two with the pirates, then the marriage and high ranking officials of another race. Basically they go about doing their own stuff until they all meet at one point. We don't really have to make them meet at the beginning. They could be enemies for all we know.

Should we compile a list of what kind of races we have in this world? I'm guessing that a few NPCs are also required?

Exactly what I had in mind. As for the list of races, how detailed do you want it? I mean we can leave it vague, or go all the way and make up nations, dynasties, what sort of environment, what sort of wild life, etc.

Oh...wow...I think that would be a little too complex for my simplistic mind hahaXD

But I wouldn't mind..i'm looking forward to see how far we can go with making up interesting stuff^.^ We gotta ask for the opinion of those who aren't present at the moment too.

Hmmm. Well, i like the world that the rp will happen within and i personally like the idea of Skypirates. Either we take the idea with marriage AND pirates and we just start in different "groups" or we just abandon the idea with the marriage and just to a Skypirate rp. I don't mind either way. I guess we could work something out so we meet each other in the world (maybe the "marriage party" will happen on a Skyship and the pirates decided to attack it).

Six people, so three pairs? Straightforward seme-uke pairs? Or are there going to be some sekes in the mix? Or, are we just going to go with the flow like Yukio said?

mhmmm I like the idea of sky pirates too... and about the marriage well can i suggest something different.. ?

How about sky pirates vs sky guardians? or sky police, sky soldiers etc xD like they are two factions conflicting each other. although neither is absolutely just. The sky guardians enforces merit system.. those capable are given status, power and money and those at the bottom almost absolutely receives none from central government and they enforces absolute obedience... so basically the sky pirates are good people who steals money and goods from those with excessive resources and money and they share it to people. Sky guardians is all about equality and democracy and all =-= mehh

too confusing yet uninteresting i think but its been a while for me and i can't think of anything interesting =-=

- - - Updated - - -

and i usually RP with the go with the flow... :D I like group rps that doesnt center around romantic relationships but builds it along the way ;D

So we have the marriage, sky pirates and what else? I'm thinking of adding Faes into the mix. You know those kind of creatures that has lived for a very long time?

So our three pairs are all of different races but circumstances led them to meet and depend on each other. Or they could be enemies.

mhmmm I like the idea of sky pirates too... and about the marriage well can i suggest something different.. ?

How about sky pirates vs sky guardians? or sky police, sky soldiers etc xD like they are two factions conflicting each other. although neither is absolutely just. The sky guardians enforces merit system.. those capable are given status, power and money and those at the bottom almost absolutely receives none from central government and they enforces absolute obedience... so basically the sky pirates are good people who steals money and goods from those with excessive resources and money and they share it to people. Sky guardians is all about equality and democracy and all =-= mehh

too confusing yet uninteresting i think but its been a while for me and i can't think of anything interesting =-=

- - - Updated - - -

and i usually RP with the go with the flow... :D I like group rps that doesnt center around romantic relationships but builds it along the way ;D

Since we essentially have three pairs, one of them could be marriage between two races, the second one invovling pirates (whether it's between two pirates or between one pirate and a guardian/general/soldier/or whatever is up to the players who play them really. Same goes with the exact nature of the said pirate/guardian. Is he a real evil guy who kills and violate innocent people for fun, and saw a new target? Or is he actually a nice Robin Hood like figure who attacks the rich to give the the poor? I think we should leave that the the player.)

- - - Updated - - -

Six people, so three pairs? Straightforward seme-uke pairs? Or are there going to be some sekes in the mix? Or, are we just going to go with the flow like Yukio said?

Personally I prefer going with the flow. I like to change up the positions depending on my move. Plus I really don't mind a couple with two Semes fighting who's whould be on top, or two ukes wondering how to be top :) .

So we have the marriage, sky pirates and what else? I'm thinking of adding Faes into the mix. You know those kind of creatures that has lived for a very long time?

So our three pairs are all of different races but circumstances led them to meet and depend on each other. Or they could be enemies.

Hmmm sounds intersting.... Maybe these ancient beings had something to do with why the Elf island and Angel island collided in the first place? I don't know just a thought. Having a villian within our mix could certainly spice thing up :) In any case the ones who would play these two can go wild with them and see how they effect/interact with the world.

That sounds good:)

So as mentioned before, are we going to decide pairs or go along with the flow? But I think that the marriage pair should be decided even if the others are not.

Oh sorry, I missed the post above. Going with the flow will be fine but what about the marriage pair?

Well, again it depends. Since their relationship is more of a political alliance than romantic union, it's a starting point rather than something set in stone. It's possible they'd grow to love each other, or they can even fall in love with other people. As I said in a response above I don't mind to mess things up.

In any case, if everyone is Okay with the "Floating Island world" idea I think it's about time we begin to settle things, namely who wants to play which role.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, and me

And the roles which came up during discussion so far are the following:

1. Royalty of the Elf nation (Engaged with 2. Should really come of with a name of the kingdom)

2. Royalty of the Angel nation (Same as above)

3. Pirate (I like

's idea of the marriage of 1 and 2 happened on a ship and got attacked by pirates. This could be how they got involved with each other. We could even go further, that during the attack 3 captured 1 or 2 for some reason... and then... really depend on whether you wanna play kind or play rough :) )

4. Someone who has some form of relationship with 3. Either a fellow pirate (Like second in command of the ship, or even the ship itself having a mind of its own and can manifest a physical body? Or an advisory of some sort who can belong to a any of the factions/races above or from a new faction, like a general ordered to track down the pirate after the attack, or some find of "Guardian of Order" things.

5. Unknown. (Could be friend or foe of the Elf/Angel kingdom. An ancient being with immense power? The leader of a rival Kingdom/empire? Or just someone feeling bored who wanted to join in the chaos and have some fun?)

6. Unknown (Same as 5)