Your favorite childhood shows

Kai114

Hey everyone i created this thread as i was curious about what kind of cartoons you used to watch as a kid (movies or TV shows). Especially the ones that were just a big part of your childhood, mine would probably be these:

- Lilo and Stitch -

lilo-stitch-2003-poster.jpg

- Power Puff Girls -

the-powerpuff-girls.jpg

- Treasure Planet -

image.jpg

please post yours below :D

I look forward too seeing everyone else's favorites :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gin

• phantom6man

• Choree

• Beige

Omg, there are so many shows I absolutely adored when I was a kid!

- Sailor Moon

- Rock'n Roll Kids

- Mila Superstar

- Dragon Ball

- Disney movies

- Nanatsu no umi no Tico

Aawww still love them so much!

• 4 weeks later...

I hade an older brother so he was in charge of the remote Control.... Always.

I loved

Turtles (I was in love with all of them, Donatello a bit more.) I wanted to kick out April so I could "hang out" with the turtles alone and save them.

Spider man

Batman

I was also in love with Robin hood, not kevin Costner, I talk a bout the fox from Disney.

And I hade a huge crush on Huckleberry Finn ( Elijah Wood). And i wanted to Be Tarzan.

and

OMG Balatack made me gay, i swear it did. I loooooved Mac with his long silver hair and I remember I was so fascinated that a guy could have looong hair, And I wanted to become him, Still Today I prefer guys with longer hair. I was about 5 yr old and the large blue "speedos" Mac had did not bother me at all as a kid and I LOVED him,Really Loved.

(My childhood crush broke when I was a teen and I found out that the guy who dubbed Macs voice was made of a old uggly man, it broke my heart when I found out...) :Sad:

• 3 months later...

It would be Felix the Cat for me. I dunno it hypnotizes me to watch the monochromatic animation, especially when there's felix turned into a clock and his eyes were just darting from left to right. It's really a weird animation, my parents borrowed the VHS from my cousins and I can just watch it all day.

I don't know it's really hypnotizing the clock stills engrave in my memory.

When I was little, there was a show that came on early in the morning before school, in which they showed loads of animes :

I loved to watch Sailor Moon, City Hunter, Princess Sarah, Dragonball Z, there was Ranma too.... Well loads and loads of other that me and my sister used to love watching all the time!

• 2 weeks later...

Caillou was my favorite, weird, huh? I liked docudramas for some reason, my dad watched documentaries all the time, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I watched Bob Ross a lot. I was a weird kid. Pokemon was something I'd watch if nothing was on. Ouran High School Host Club got me into anime.

• 3 weeks later...

Blue's Clues was definitely a huge part of my childhood. Teletubbies was a great show as well. For some eastern animation, I did enjoy Angelic Layer, Samurai X, Flame of Recca and Duel Masters. Those were among the earliest animes that I did watched.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, I was born in 1987 so, I grew up a 90's kid. I was watching Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Kids WB, things like that. I won't list Anime here, because I have already given a rundown of the top 6 or 7 favourite Anime of mine elsewhere. So strictly American shows here:

Rugrats

Rocko's Modern Life

Hey Arnold

All That!

Are You Afraid Of The Dark

Pete and Pete

Salute Your Shorts

Double Dare

CatDog

Doug

Kenan and Kel

Spongebob (I think I was just starting high school when that came out, but it was still funny to me. The adult humour hidden in it is great.)

Animaniacs

Freakazoid

Johnny Bravo

Dexter's Laboratory

Powerpuff Girls

Batman The Animated Series

Beetlejuice

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (not the new crap, I'm talking the original 80's Cartoon)

Static Shock

I mean, the list goes on. And even though I was an adult when Adventure Time and The Amazing Gumball came out, I still enjoy those.

I'll only focus on series and not include movies, I'll also strictly stick to childhood stuff and not include my teenage years or I'd still be typing tomorrow.

Here are some series that I enjoyed, some I've even been rather obsessed with when I was little.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Extreme Dinosaurs

Street Sharks

Spider-Man

Pinky and the Brain

Darkwing Duck

Timon & Pumbaa

Ganbare, Kickers!

Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Z

Pokemon

Digimon

One Piece

Ranma 1/2

Crayon Shin-chan

Max Steel

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Beyblade

Alvin and the Chipmunks

What's with Andy?

I was pretty much destined to grow up into a geek x?D

• 1 month later...

Childhood definitely

Pokemon. I still have my two Pikachu plushies for 20 years. Now it is no longer yellow lol.

7 years old me used to rent the CD from rental. Pokemon is the first show that made me crying, when Pikachu finally accept Ash, when Pikachu return to Ash when Ash though Pikachu would want to live with his Pikachu colony. I also cried badly during Meotwo movie that currently got 3D remaked when Pikachu slaps Pikachu.

Pokemon is definitely my favorite.