D.Gray-man Manga get to have new TV series in 2016! (With new cast)

lateChoco

It is revealed in the Jump Festa event in Chiba on Sunday that Katsura Hoshino's D.Gray-man manga get to have a new TV anime adaption which will premiere in 2016. A new website is open for the new series that was announced is

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, and in this website, a new promotional video is streamed, news and cast are annouced..

ooqd4sT.jpg

The visual quotes reads, "I want to live. Even if I destroy you."

According to the pv and the revealed visual, it shows that the Alma arc will be animated too.

There are two changes made to the original cast. One of them is Allen walker will have Ayumu Murase (Notable characters Hinata from Haikyuu and Shinkurō Kichōji from The irregular at magic high school) as seiyuu replacing Sanae Kobayashi, and Howard Link will have Shinnosuke Tachibana (Tomoe from Kamisama Kiss, Overlord's Peroroncino) as seiyuu replacing Daisuke Kishio.

Background information:

The previous series was broadcast from 2006 - 2008 with 103 episodes in total.

The manga was originally published in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 2004, however due to numerous hiatus, the manga was moved from weekly to monthly. Resuming in 2009 at Jump Square magazine. And finally after a long hiatus, it is resumed in the new Jump Square Crown magazine (Quarterly, 4 times a year) launched on July 17.

Comment: This came as a surprise! Since the manga also recently resumed~ And 2016 is really getting better and better~

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lateChoco

• ForbiddenOath

• glesh

• Kujaku

Oh My God! Allen looks so grown up *fangirling* and here I thought Kanda just couldn't get any sexier, but hell to the yes. It's great news! Thank you for sharing!

• 2 months later...

The release date haven't been released yet, they just announced there will be a anime on DGM this year.

Will keep you update! ^^

At AnimeJapan 2016, it is announced that D.Gray-man Hallow, will be premiere at July 2016.

One promotional video and one new visuals are revealed.

p08MMl0.jpg

The visual quotes reads, "Don't stand still. Keep walking."

Furthermore, more seiyuus for the characters are also announced:

Ayumu Murase as Allen Walker

Takuya Satō as Yū Kanda

Natsuki Hanae as Lavi

Ai Kakuma as Lenalee Lee

Shinnosuke Tachibana as Howard Link

Yutaka Aoyama as The Earl of Millenium (RIP to Takiguchi Junpei, Earl's previous seiyuu)

Masakazu Nishida as Tyki Mikk

Yui Kondou as Road Camelot

Souichiro Hoshi as Wisely

Ryōta Asari as Alma Karma

All seiyuus in this current TV series are different from the previous TV anime series of D.Gray-man.

Thanks

for the updates. Absolutely good news to wake up to for sure! Yay, July! So many of my babies are coming. Not enough but few days I got Super Lovers, and D Gray-Man in July. It's going to be a lovely summer. I still can't get over how different Allen looks. Thanks God my baby Kanda still looks smexy as hell. Want to lock him up. :cuteonion57:

wait...so it's really a "new" series, and not just a sequel?? coz i heard somewhere in twitter that they will continue the anime but with different cast... but anyways, either way is good coz i'm actually not satisfied with the ending of the original anime, i mean they didn't defeated their enemy...yet. :D I just hope that the new cast will exceed my expectations huhu coz i got used to the "original" voice actor of Allen >__

>> ALLEN IS GETTING MORE HANDSOME HERE AND KANDA GETTING MORE COOLER KYAAAA~~~ I CAN'T WAIT!!! /flips laptop/

; From what I know, that time when the anime stops at 103 eps, is because it is going to or is already ahead of the manga. So, they stop the TV series until now. This TV series will continue picking up the story from where they left off from the anime in 2008...

plus... maybe they wanted to peak the fans interest now that the DGM manga just came out from the long hiatus and continue to be a quarterly manga since just last year. (I have been following the manga and really it has been a long wait! Almost give up on this story, since that long hiatus! ) >

I can't wait for 14th and Allen to be animated!!!

PS: This time Allen's seiyuu is Hinata (Haikyuu) so maybe he finally grow up and break his voice?! XD

ohhh now i get it~ i just get keep updated with the news coz reading the manga makes me sleep lol though of course i know it's really good :D i can't really wait...i love this anime so much!

What??? Allen's seiyuu is the same as the seiyuu of Hinata??? omg...i can't imagine hahahaha but i'm sure they will satisfy the fans xD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally. Get to see Tyki Mikk and Lavi again~! I hope the latest chapters will also be animated or a ova, it's pretty intense.

In addition to revealing that

, on the July issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine this week Friday, the new TV anime will have a total of 6 DVD and Blu-ray releases. It is announced on the official site that the first release will comprise of 3 episodes, with the other 5 releases comprise of 2 episodes each, giving a total of 13 episodes for this tv anime.

Comment: So short... not enough :cuteonion46:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Like.... ? Just thoughts? The anime ends on a total and utter cliffhanger, which makes sitting through 100 eps very frustrating. There are a few arcs that are dragged on a little too long for my enjoyment. All in all, I should have read the manga.