Initial release: 2014/02/28

Directors: Hirota Leona

Running time: 79 m

Size : 635.1 MB/Format : MKV

Subtitle : English

Credited cast:

Mayama Akihiro, Takahashi Hiromu, Hashimoto Atsushi, Minamiwa Shohei

Download >>

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

150107_120307.jpg

150107_120419.jpg

150107_111447.jpg

For download reupload requests, please post

so the staff notices them. Note: Please only ask for re-upload if none of the download links work after checking ALL the pages of the thread. Thanks!

YO Staff

Oh, sorry this's my bad this file is Japanese original soundtrack & NO SUBS >

Sorry again!

NO ENGLISH SUBS

• 4 weeks later...
Finally, it's raw or subbed?

Let me help you see what Dreamer wrote without the need to put on your glasses:

NO ENGLISH SUBS

I really hope this answers your question. XD

Hi! Thank you so much for the upload! Edo Candy was something I did not expect from LP!

Since I've seen some of LP works already, and owning two of their DVD's. Considering how small and not much was known about LP, I am one from their fanbase who pays attention to their works. I immediately downloaded this with a certain level of expectation. And I saw it last night.

The trailer left me at 'what the f*** did I just see' and it did not make any sense whatsoever because of its puzzling coordination of scenes and failure to provide crucial text that would hook the viewers.

But after watching the film,

I must say... WOW! I thought to myself, 'why didn't I hear or see this earlier?' It wasn't addressed in LP's list of works. But with lack of knowledge about this director, Leona Hirota, I can't say. The actors were not mentioned on LP's official page; however, the film was mentioned only a few times on its official FB but since Docchi mo docchi came out, its popularity shoved this work out of its spotlight. And due to its popularity, more and more of us know about LP, which is a good thing!

For this movie, it is simply not a movie which you can sum it up with a few words. There are beautiful men in drags, traditional setting in EDO period, but with modern instruments; throw in some punk/metal culture in it with the characters dressing up in tux, biker, or native-americanlike clothes that would not fit in that period, and strange, elaborated ornaments and headdresses with a lot of wacky, gaudy colors. Oversaturation of the surroundings and plenty of dollar store preps, you get a rendered fairy tale on acid. There are some scenes which are more portrayed as plays. It's difficult to take this film serious at all.

So what is it about? Well, since it had no subtitles, my speculation is this:

This story is about a candystore's courtesan falling in love with an another who is fleeing from an emotional and mental agony of being forced being in marriage with another whom he did not love. However, in the midst, there is a strange disease that is plaguing the town.

There is a lot of symbolism going on in here. The death of the first couple. The disease representing something. And the switch from white swan to black swan. Transformed people from fear being rampant in town. I could not fully grasp the concept yet. But it's worthy to note that masculinity, or the manliness did not exist in this grandiosity and that BL was a commonplace in this story.

Even the synopsis for this film greatly undermined this movie. It goes something like this: "A small world surrounded by deep woods, rivers, and waterfalls, there are men who perform in a floral EDO period of Wonderland as entertainers... who are proud of their own beauty. (There's no such thing as masculinity) One of them, a number one most popular entertainer was Furimatsu; he falls in love with a White Swan, who would turn out to be also a courtesan named Oden (Black Swan). While dazed by love, Furimatsu dared to move in closer to see White Swan's face; completely bewitched by his beauty. However, at this time, their passion for each other are being bombarded with strange incidents surrounding the town."

It has beautiful, oversaturated scenes, as well some black and white. Some parody and musical. This film captured an underground cult-ish feeling that makes it either hit or miss. If you like artsy types of cult films, involving mild BL scenes (not as dark, gritty or confusing as Big Bang Love, Juvenile A) then give this film a chance. I don't think you will be disappointed with its delivery of BL scenes. And maybe someone will pick up what I've missed or misunderstood. Apparently, the movie received good reviews and positive commentaries from the Japanese, even if there were far too few for my liking.

In addition to LP, which is LovePlace. They made quite a few films with BL theme, which I was told they were written by women for women! And they were almost unheard of in the larger BL fanbase... until Docchi mo docchi came out. Please do check out some of their works and give them the support so that they acknowledge the international fans and make even more BL works. And maybe even more fans will be more willing to provide translations. And I'm willing to bet that, even if just a few of their works were translated, they would gain a huge momentum of fans. Most of them, in my opinion, when it comes to casting and performance, they do far much better than bigger directors, especially when BL had been toned down so much since a few years- since Fujimi Orchestra or Doushitemo Furetakunai. Right now, Kiss and Candy is out.

• 3 weeks later...

Edo of Candy [JP] RE-UP

===============

===============

• Like 4

ARIGATOOOOUUU!!! for all ... i :In love: youuuu!!!:Jumping around:

I loved this film ... the director and photographer´s scene was amazing ... thank for sharing

Edo of Candy [JP] RE-UP

===============

===============

Ano~.. Can you re-upload the link at mediafire (again), please..?

The link is error.. :(

Thank you.. :)

@

The link is working :) Mediafire is down earlier that's why you get errors but its fine now :)

• 2 weeks later...

thank you so much!!!!!! Btw Does someone know if that other movie called Graduation with u or something? Is online too? I've been waiting for that -cries-

• 2 months later...

"Candy Boys" (also known as Oedo no Candy) / Oedo No Kyandii)

is actually the English name of this movie (as it's French title indicates). (The Japanese particle "no" usually just implies association and is not quite the same as "of" in English - a better translation is actually just "Edo Candy", with Edo being the old name for Tokyo).

In Edo, the fabulous wonderland where only men exist, the most beautiful courtesan is Dayu Shiratori. His apprentice’s suicide made him desolate, and he finds love when he meets the most popular and sexy candy boy, Furimatsu, at the “Candy Shop.” However, the town of Edo bans romantic relationships, and a rare disease starts to spread.

Look for familiar faces like Naoto Takenaka and Mitsuru Fukikoshi, along with some visionary makeups, costumes and production design.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you! I wasn't expecting there to be a download of this, so I never bothered searching despite wanting to watch it for ages. Since there's a sequel coming up soon, I can only hope it too will be made available.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can not download

film, write that the file is no longer available, does anyone have this movie? really want to see. тт

you can download it here:

Edo of Candy [JP] RE-UP

===============

===============

• 5 months later...

Thank you very much~~

I believe there is a sequel to this movie that was released last year on 2017. Does anybody know where to get it?

• 3 weeks later...