• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• addyLicious

• KonekoHime

• kurata

• 1 month later...

It's technically a manhwa, written and drawn by Korean artists but is read from right to left so it's kind of manga-ish too, but anyway The Breaker (prequel) is so damn good! Bette than the TBNW tbh. The latter seems slow-built to me and while it has some parts that really taken me to the edge it is still lacking and that might be because this particular arc (title) is only a kind of path for the next one. If you haven't read The Breaker, The Breaker New Waves won't make any sense so read The Breaker first because it's worth your time. Art and story is really good and characters are great! Prequel and sequel are both complete and the third installment will be couple of years I think.

• 1 year later...
It's technically a manhwa, written and drawn by Korean artists but is read from right to left so it's kind of manga-ish too, but anyway The Breaker (prequel) is so damn good! Bette than the TBNW tbh. The latter seems slow-built to me and while it has some parts that really taken me to the edge it is still lacking and that might be because this particular arc (title) is only a kind of path for the next one. If you haven't read The Breaker, The Breaker New Waves won't make any sense so read The Breaker first because it's worth your time. Art and story is really good and characters are great! Prequel and sequel are both complete and the third installment will be couple of years I think.

Couldnt have said it better myself! XD I Loved reading the Prequel The Breaker and this one seems too long winded to me that I dropped it.

Ohhhh, there's a third installment out? I didn't know that. I'll have to hunt around to see if it's out yet!

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Since TBNW is complete, I think it's fine if you continue reading it.;) Just so you'll have a bit of closure and there are some twists that you should look out for. I'm not sure when's the third part coming, the artists are taking a break but they have mentioned they'll work on it after some time. :)

@addyLicious I read TBNW upto chapter 42 and then I couldn't continue on. I lost interest in it to be honest! However, I have been searching for a manga to read so may start reading it again , the prequel, The Breaker. So thanks for the suggestion lol

, I totally understand the sentiment! I think the first hundred of chapters were kind of boring since it kind of establish and explain a lot of stuff that has been happening. Plus lots of characters as well but there are some that are really interesting and will play big roles. Anyway, I can't recall how many times I've read The Breaker tbh since it's so compelling and almost every chapter has been exciting!!! Will read it some time as well. :) Do you know any manhwa/manga that has kind of similar plot or approach as The Breaker? ;)

@addyLicious Yeah my thinking exactly! The only mangas/manwha's I can think of are martial arts like the Breaker but they are shoujo romance too and I don't know if you would like them? But after reading the Breaker I did want to see if there were martial arts shoujo romance mangas/manwha as I felt that the normal school shoujo was too tame and it might be interesting to see how shoujo did with martial arts too so I searched and found Honggane and Hot Blooded Woman. They are both over 50 chapters and drawn by the same artist. I loved reading them tbh! Lol Girls can be good fighters too and the guys were super gorgeous. Some characters can get annoying but overall, I loved the comedy, fights, action, romance of each story!

I think Bleach could be an excellent manga to read now as it's just finished this year but otherwise, I can't think of what else I've read that's similar to the Breaker...

I like shoujo! I have been a die-hard shoujo fan in the beginning before my yaoi discovery. I basically am a diverse reader, as long as something interests me, I don't care of the genre. Oh, I have read Hot Blooded Woman years ago! I think I have read most of Hwang Mi Ri's works, unless you exclude the most recent ones since I haven't read a lot of shoujo lately! :D

I did give Bleach a try before but can't get past twenty chapters. It isn't just my type. T.T I am reading Gosu. It's quite good.