Sword Art Online Original Characters RP?

MaryWeather

So I have always wanted to RP original characters in the world of Sword Art Online or Alfheim Online (from the anime SAO) and I was wondering if anyone wanted to join me on that. I'm an uke, so I would prefer a seme, but I can be seme as well if need be. I would like to discuss with my partner whether or not to set the environment in SAO or Alfheim Online (the benefit with the latter is that we can log out and have an accidental or purposeful meetup). So I would love to discuss a storyline with my partner and decide which environment to play out.

My rules for RPing:

-I prefer lit RPs so anywhere from a paragraph and a half to two paragraphs is great

-Good English grammar! (We can do French too, but my French is not that great haha! Still I like the practice).

-I am very fine with smut. No worries there haha

-I'm okay with mild gore.

-No furries, no bestiality, no tentacles, nothing of that sort please

My (very quick and to the point) character description:

ff5721f6e0a498eff9c72fbb288bae5d.jpg

Shiro

rotrk_zpsodrfmuak.png

Celes

Name: Shiro Ichihara

Personality: Dorky, and kind, but often taken advantage of. He's aware of how his kindness is taken for granted but he can hardly bring himself to leave others without help. This follows him into the world of MMORPGs. He tries to defend himself when he can but he usually winds up just sounding silly or ridiculous. He doesn't have a lot of confidence nor does he have a lot of friends. The few friends he does have treat him well and don't take advantage of him like most people do.

Celes: In the world of games he finds comfort in creating clothes and armor for other characters. He's well known for his excellent smithing skills, and though he leveled up his character some he has trouble in the higher level areas. His weapon of choice is a rapier. One of the unique things about Celes is that he has one brown eye and one white eye.

(If you want to see more pictures of the characters so you can truly see what they look like Shiro is Shiro Kamiya from the manga Afterschool Charisma. The avatar is Richard from the manga Baraou no Souretsu).

Let me know what your character and his avatar is like if you're interested! I hope to hear from someone ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaryWeather

• Demonoflust...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

*waves* Thanks for you interest. For, Alfheim Online I was thinking in the real world the two characters wouldn't know each other, possibly not even like each other. They would go to the same school and of course be unaware that they spend time together in ALO. There are multiple ways they could interact such as being in the same club or having the same job or as I said before, if they don't like each other then they just bump into each other at school, argue a bit, and move on. Either way it would be much later in the RP that they find out who the other really is (and to be honest I haven't quite decided how I want that to occur). I think it might be best if one finds out before the other just to add to the drama.

Inside the game there are a few events I've thought of to get the characters interested in one another. I don't know if you've read the SAO novels, but in the Fairy Dance novel there's an entire area that was never explored in the anime where the sword Excalibur is hidden. I was thinking they could have an adventure with that. (My character is a blacksmith so for ALO it would be best that he's of the Leprechaun race, who are known for blacksmithing. I imagine that's how the two characters would meet, your character needing a weapon and asking for the assistance of a Leprechaun, but that's up to you too). There's a few other events I had in mind in relation to the fairies and some specifically having to deal with their wings. As far as in-game events go that could connect the characters more I wouldn't mind plotting some with you so it's not just all on me and you possibly not agreeing with it.

Of course you pick your own

as well. And I wouldn't mind if your character was an SAO survivor. If you're interested we can go into detail about some events I have planned or that you might want to do. I'll update my character with more specifics and aligned towards ALO when I have confirmation you're interested. If not, no pressure at all!

Sorry for the very vague explanation. Hope it gets the idea across though.

Hmmm. It's been years since I last watched both the animes. Haven't read the novels or mangas though so you'll probably need to tell me every detail of it.

And yeah, I was planning on making my character a SAO survivor.

The characters being in the same school is what I thought too, being enemies as well.. but I'm not really good at antagonizing people unless they really piss me off, so if they would be enemies then it means that your OC must have done something because I'd like to make my character the usual that I make them; cold and inexpressive with hidden kindness.

As for how they would initially meet in the game, I was thinking that your OC would stumble upon my OC while he's in a precarious/embarrassing situation..like maybe tied up with vines in some forest because he dropped his guard or something. Or he's nearly dying but he's keeping on since it's like an ingrained mindset that he'd really die in real life if he died in the game..so like he's battered and bleeding and trying to get to the nearest city.

For the other ideas, well.. throw them at me and we'll see what we can come up with.

One of the first things to mention is that the SAO survivors had a special school they went to, but if I remember right they could opt out of it, study really hard, and attempt to get into high school. Since my character isn't an SAO survivor he obviously wouldn't be at the special school so that kind of limits your character into the other option. (I actually think it's really fitting for your personality to be an SAO survivor so I'm glad you chose that).

Depending on what race your character is, the starting towns for our characters could be impossibly far away. There are loyalists to the towns (like a sylph might only stay within so far of their starting town since they're dedicated to that town). Rogues, who have abandoned their town and wander around, are often looked down upon. I was planning on having my character remain in his starting town since he'll have a shop there that sells weapons and armor.

of Alfheim to show where the territories are. Once you pick your race we can see if the Leprechaun town is close to your OC's.

There's another area underneath all of Alfheim called Joutenheim (sp?) and that's where Excalibur is. It's an incredibly high level area. Only serious raid parties can even think to go there, but Leafa and Kirito were trapped there and they found out how to get Excalibur. You can't fly in this place and there are two specific god type monsters, one that looks like a massive isopod and another that is more humanesque, but it has several arms and something is up with it's head. I'll have to check the novel again. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to try and get through an adventure there.

I know there's more to tell, but my mind is wandering with all the information XD I need to organize it better, but there's just some general things that are important to Alfheim and the SAO series. Also, this is odd, but people don't get to pick what their characters look like. They're given an avatar and can change them if they have money. Of course, I'm not worried about that haha.

I love the idea of finding your OC in an embarrassing situation because I love lighthearted situations, but the idea of your character clinging to life because he's still in the mindset of SAO is amazing. It's perfect for someone who is cold and aloof, but truly kind.

What kind of things would upset your character? If we want them to be enemies I don't mind my character being the one to upset him so long as it fits within his character. If not then we can try for something else.

I'll end it here and we can over events and different scenarios they can encounter after this. I didn't want to write you a novel with so much information.

I was thinking on making my OC Spriggan since that's how I see him. And for Excalibur, I don't mind going in a quest for it or just going to get it. And why don't we make it so that your OC finds my OC just before he respawns..like his HP is already 0 but he's still conscious -barely- and before he gets respawned your OC finds him. Then second meeting would be the compromising position.

Hmmm. Not many really since he's a master when it comes to ignoring everybody. But if there was...then...maybe someyhing personal..like maybe saying that he cheated in order to survive SAO..but if your OC says that to his face he'll hit -beat you up until you're barely breathing- him. One with less severe consequence is that if you question his intelligence. He'll just glare at you whenever your eyes meet.

Btw, is there some kind of level system?

Ah, actually in Fairy Dance there's a ten second leeway where they become a Remain Light and someone can save you and you'll come back right then and there. My OC can do that for yours and then they go their separate ways and meet again in a compromising position.

Hmmm, I don't think my character would say something that bad haha. I like the idea of them not liking one another, but if it won't work then maybe they just know of one another in school. Like they're in the same class, but they never speak or perhaps in the same club, but only ever interact there.

And actually no! The level system is skill based. It focuses on mastery of skills rather than traditional leveling up. In the updated version of ALO they incorporated sword skills to go along with magic skills, but magic is more prominent. However, you can also create original sword skills. If you die and become a remain light you'll lose some of your skill stats. I think the highest stat is 1000 which is maxed out, which is very difficult to do. Also, HP is not so important in the game. Most characters only have about 400 HP or so. I can't remember exactly why it wasn't so important but I'll look in the book.

Ah, okay then and good to hear for the original skills. I don't think I'd be able to live with simple illusions. And am I allowed to max-out one skill? Like a reward for surviving SAO. My OC won't use it much since that would be his nuke.

- - - Updated - - -

And if not enemies then your OC can just think that my OC hates him since he doesn't really talk and he glares all the time, albeit unintentionally. And they could be in the same class or if you're planning on placing your OC in a swim club then they can be club members too.

Actually yeah! Kirito had a glitch or something that made it so all his skills from SAO transferred over so if you want to do that you can. If not you can just have that one skill from SAO. That's fine.

And yeah! I can see my character doing that. So that's how it'll be. He'll be intimidated or thinks your OC hates him, but in reality that's not the case. Honestly the swim club could be fun. Fun things happen in the water XD

Was there anything else you wanted to plot out before you show me your OC? I can explain more about the quest in Joutenhiem or if you have any in-game events you think would fun I'm open. Or not in game. Either or.

Just a heads up I'll be leaving the forum for most of the remainder of the day because of 4th of July things so at the latest I'll reply either before I go to sleep or tomorrow when I get off of work. I have to go in really early in the morning so if I can't reply until after work it will be in the early afternoon.

Please do, explain the quests, I mean. I'll make my OC in a few just need to find some things.

[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

Real Life Appearance

konoha_kun_by_daenarys-d5sow8q.png

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Gaming Avatar

tumblr_m5inepKv6s1rr8fpko2_1280.jpg

Username: Lorde

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Full Name:

Alloise, Sakurai

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Race:

Spriggan

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Wings

skeltaltags-764453.jpeg

With the three talons reaching down to his feet.

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Position:

Seme

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Personality:

Quiet and distant, Sakurai is definitely not the most social of butterflies. A homebody, preferring to stay at home rather than go out at all, besides his morning runs around their neighborhood and going to school. Detached, most of the times, but still observant when necessary. Lazy but extremely sharp and smart, only showing his sizeable intellect when the mood hits him. Outwardly indifferent due to him not really knowing how to express his emotions besides his subconscious glares. Actually very kind when one gets to know him, and almost loyal to a fault. Speaks mostly through his eyes and eyebrows. Can be as patient as a saint or as hot-headed as a cranky rodeo bull. Extremely violent when his temper is tested and can also be extremely oblivious when it comes to people flirting with him. Fast learner when it comes to games and could be a bit obsessive when his attention is caught.

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Weapons:

[table=width: 450, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Naruto_Anime_Sasuke_Kusanagi_Grass_Cutter_Handmade_Sword_3.jpg

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Unique:

Kusanagi

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

WLOCK_Gungrave_h.jpg

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Unique: Cross Pistol

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Skills:

[table=width: 450, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

Nightvision

[/td]

[td]

Miasma

"Sleep and choke, breath of life begone."

[/td]

[td]

Majesty

[/td]

[td]

Petal Dance

[/td]

[td]

Bullet Storm

[/td]

[td]

Edelweiss

"Let your petals bloom and mend forth hurting wounds."

[/td]

[td]

Crimson Rain

[/td]

[td]

Metamorphosis

"Frighten them, depth of the night, and chase them along the roads of Hell."

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Passive

Grants the character clear vision during the night.

[/td]

[td]

Level: 720

Lets the character exhale a flammable cloud of deep purple smoke that induces sleep and paralysis.

[/td]

[td]

Passive

Returns two-fold all physical attacks blocked by Kusanagi.

[/td]

[td]

Level: 520

A light-speed strike that targets multiple foes in the span of a second using Kusanagi.

[/td]

[td]

Level: 520

Launches a flurry of bullets using the Cross Pistol.

[/td]

[td]

Level: 360

Heals 30% of the party's hit points.

[/td]

[td]

Active

Attacks a single opponent, with max speed, using the equipped weapons until the character's stamina is depleted.

[/td]

[td]

Level: MAX

Turns the character into a

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Appearance Specifications:

Three small diamond-studded earrings in his left ear.

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Biography [sakurai]:

One of the survivors of SAO and had been one of the top solo-players of the game. Aced every test given in the special school for the students opting for High School. Had been in the care of his distant relatives while he was in the hospital because of SAO but now living alone in a quaint two-story house near the school. Nothing much is known about him, other than that both his parents are already dead and he's working part-time as the school's librarian. A freestyle swimmer of the school's swim club and currently a second year student.

Biography [Lorde]:

A direct resemblance of the Lorde in SAO; silent and mysterious, no one really knows much about him, except that he sometimes challenges the dungeon of the World Tree alone. Has a slightly bad reputation with various mercenaries for suddenly appearing on raids and wars. Currently no one has ever unmasked him, even though some players say that he has an extremely disfigured face because of all the battles he's been, in SAO.

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Quote:

"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show you how smart I am."

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

I hope my Character Sheet is up to your expectations. Suggestions for edits are welcome.

Your character sheet is amazing as usual. You do such a good job of being detailed and organized~ Do you mind just mentioning what fairy race your character is? Also if you want his wings unique looking that's fine too. Or you can just have the regular Spriggan wings. Either works for me.

Your characters are so awesome looking too XD I love them!

I'll repost my character sheet with specifics and then tomorrow I'll give you a list of events and we can talk about them and go from there. ^_^ Thanks Faust!

Real Life Appearance:

CqJJ8TQ.jpg

93987.jpg

rotrk_zpsodrfmuak.png

req_zpsdwoacxl8.png

Username: Celestite “Celes”

Position: Uke

Personality: Shiro is liked well enough by his fellow classmates for his easy-going, fun-loving personality. However, it’s his kindness that is his strength and his weakness. Some take advantage of that kindness, asking him to do things that most people would easily turn down such as cleaning up by himself after practice or doing their homework or copying his. Still, he rarely gets bothered or mad, but when he does people don’t usually take him seriously. Regardless of how many people like him, his confidence is low as are his number of friends. Perhaps because he’s so used to people liking him that he feels particularly upset when he knows someone doesn’t like him. Aside from all that, the dorky, kind, and silly boy could use a wake up call to help him realize exactly how much he’s being taken advantage of in the real world.

Fairy Race: Leprechaun

Wing Appearance:

46831296.jpg

Mechanical with exposed gears, brass (with fuller "feathers" than what's in the picture)

Weapon:

avatars-000124360073-yl7h8q-t500x500.jpg

Custom Made Rapier, affectionately called Elestial AKA Eles.

[table=width: 500, class: grid]

[tr]

[td]Elestial[/td]

[td]Neutron[/td]

[td]Crucifixion[/td]

[td]Quadruple Pain[/td]

[td]Battle Healing[/td]

[td]Hiding[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Level 450

A high-level charge skill that produces a sonic boom and looks like a comet.[/td]

[td]Level 300

A high-ranking extreme speed Sword Skill that delivers 5 consecutive thrusts. 20% Physical and 80% Holy damage [/td]

[td]Level 120

A skill composed of six strikes, the first three being vertical thrusts, and the latter three being horizontal thrusts, creating a figure of a cross.[/td]

[td]Level 780

A rapid four-hit thrust that can immobilize the target.[/td]

[td]Level 700

Recover certain percentage of HP over time during battle. It can be leveled up by constantly getting one's HP into the red zone.[/td]

[td]Passive - Level 520

Allows for a person to disappear. Only works on targets that use visual tracking

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Other passive abilities include ones related to his craft (Tools Appraisal - Lvl 1000, Thrust/Slash Weapons Forging - Lvl 1000, Leather/Metal Equipment Forging - Lvl 1000)

Appearance Specifications:

Celes has one brown eye and one white eye

Biography:

Shiro:

Just a regular student with a normal life, Shiro can’t say anything of interest has ever happened to him. He’s liked at school by his teachers and classmates, his friends are exactly how teenagers should be, and his home life is pleasant and simple. But this simple life left Shiro yearning for something. What that something was, he had no idea. It was this search for what was missing that lead him to the world of online gaming. He’s participated in several MMOs, though his favorite is Alfheim Online, which lets him fly away from the realities of his dull life. His confidence is higher in ALO as they are in all of his online games. He missed out on Sword Art Online, which a dark part of him regrets. The excitement of such a situation skipped over him, but he finds that ALO is a good replacement for what might have been in SAO. With the encouragement of his parents, he joined the swim team in hopes of making new friends and finding something outside of MMOs that he was truly good at.

Celes:

Named after the precious stone Celestite, the man who usually goes by Celes is an expert blacksmith in the world of ALO. A Leprechaun who opened a shop and whose name is known all throughout ALO for his amazing weapons and armor, Celes is proud of how far he’s come from when he first started this game. His best weapon, however, is his own rapier, though he never bothered to make himself powerful armor since he rarely goes out and fights. He’s worried… He’s worried that in this magical world he’s falling into a dull routine of running his business rather than enjoying the beautiful world around him.

Quote:

“Ask anyone in all of Alfheim! My weapons are the best in this world!”

Since it's way past my bedtime I'll include my abilities list tomorrow when I get back online! Hope you like my updated character sheet!

Done with the edits. Nice wings, btw. Sadly on mine I couldn't really find the one I want.

Alright, I edited mine to include an abilities list. And thank you! I can picture your wings perfectly and they're amazing! I love them!

So now I'll make a list of certain events I would like to happen, but if you have any suggestions please let me know. I've never really hosted an RP before so anything you can recommend is welcome, plus I'd love to hear your ideas if you have any. I'll make another reply with a list and if there's anything you think won't work or doesn't sound fun then definitely let me know.

Sure. And I was thinking that a bit later in the RP, there'd be an event involving why my OC was on the verge of death when he first met your OC. I was thinking that it would be appropriate since a survivor of SAO just don't go dying easily. Not much concrete ideas for that one yet though.

Jötunheimr - A quest to retrieve the legendary sword, Excalibur. Underneath Alfheim is a frozen tundra where players can’t use their abilities. The enemies there are god-like monsters that require strong raid parties to defeat. There’s a specific dungeon in Jötunheimr, an inverted pyramid directly underneath the World Tree, that holds the sword at it’s base, the tip. In order to get the top and work their way down, a player must befriend one of the flying god monsters and have it fly them to the top. Inside the dungeon are giant humanoid monsters who aggressively protects the path to Excalibur.

Tournament - In the real world a tournament for the swim team is coming up so practices have been upped in order to be in perfect shape for it.

SAO - I was thinking, though I would leave this one entirely to you, that someone from SAO found you in ALO and there was a problem like he was PKer or maybe you guys were good friends and my OC gets jealous or some kind of storyline with that if it floated your boat.

(By the way I forgot to mention that the game ALheim Online encourages PKing. You lose some of your stats when you die, but you can gain stats from other players when you kill them).

I also wanted to include an event where the characters are at risk of losing their wings temporarily but long enough to affect them if they were gone. I can’t think of anything to accommodate that, though. If interested, do you have any suggestions?

And I really like you idea! There's got to be a reason, right? ALfhiem Online can get pretty political with the territories so maybe something having to do with that? Or if your character is pretty famous for being from SAO perhaps people want to see what kind of skills he has so he often gets attacked?

For the SAO event, why not a survivor that my OC was really close to..like at one point they were lovers in SAO or like they just screwed around, no strings attached. And he knows my OC better than anyone since they are that close ov friends and he uses that fact to make himself seem superior from your OC.

- - - Updated - - -

And about the wings... I'm thinking something along the lines where they get trapped and the only way out is up, but then something -no idea for the time being- happens and they can't summon their wings. And there is a REALLY powerful enemy cornering them...like hidden boss powerful. Like Margaret in Persona 4, where she's the most powerful opponent in the game but it's not in the main storyline.

I really like both of those ideas! I think is going to be fun! Should I go ahead and write up the first post then and we can get this thing started?

Sure. Just about done charging my tablet so I can respond immediately.

Okay! I'll get on it and send you the link when it's done~

It's okay I'm no good with starters either. Hence the one I posted hahah! But I'll write a response now. Honestly I reading your ever so detailed writing so I'm very happy ^_^