Group RP Idea: Taisho Romance+ Supernatural +Mystery 18+ (Need 3+ people )

hal7283

Sounds of singing, sounds of cheering, sounds of drunk men babbling and sounds of courtesans calling. Even in this Taisei era when the night streets of Tokyo is beginning to be brightened by the new electric lights, Yoshiwara's lanterns still shines brighter. Men with money to spare come here for entertainment, for pleasure, for a night of fantasy in a increasingly turbulent world, to drown themselves in a cradle of sweet lies: It's alright, I am here, sleep nice and tight, come back soon and bring your wallet.

A group of young men were walking on the crowded streets of Yoshiwara, laughing, singing. Their steps were wavy and uncertain, and they kept bumping into walls and people alike. Their army uniforms were messy, and some have took off the jacket and tied them on their heads. It was clear that they've been drinking, and probably at several different places already. One of them lost his balance and fell down to the ground, and those around them only laughed at his clumsiness and continued forward. The young man struggled to climb up and after some effort finally regained his balance.

"Hey guys~~~~Wait for me~~~~" the man said as he dusted the dirt off on his clothes, and just when he was about to step forward he heard something:

"Come here......"

The voice was clear even with all the busy noise of Yoshiwara around him, it was like someone whispered it right next to his ears, or like someone put it directly inside his head. The voice was gentle, the voice was sweet, and above all the voice was irresistible. The young man looked around, trying to find where the voice came from, then he saw a slim silhouette of someone in the shades of a dark alley.

"Come to me......"

He heard the voice again, and the man was convinced it came from the one in the shadows. He walked straight towards the figure without any difficulty or hesitation, as if the alchohol in his system had completely vanished. His eyes gradually get used to the dark and he was able to see the one in front of him more clearly, and even in the dark he could see the beautiful kimono and the lavish ornaments the person was wearing. Slowly the figure raised its hand and the man took it without hesitation. The figure chuckled lightly and began to take the man deeper and deeper into the dark alley.

The next time the man emerged from darkness was two weeks later. After the army had searched Tokyo and its surrounding areas several times suspecting desertion, his body was found in the suburbs, with his heart and several other organs missing, adding to the long list of similar deaths.

32705741.jpg

Taisho Romance+ Supernatural +Mystery

Greetings everyone, welcome to this Group RP idea thread. As with the general rules of RP, don't disappear without a warning, no one liners and be as creative and productive as possible, good grammar preferred and all that usual stuff. Plus don't expect me to be online all the time and reply several times a day. We all have life to deal with. Now let's get to some of the background information:

49820126_p0.png

When?

Taisho (大正) era of Japanese history was a short period between 1912–1926. The victory of the Russo-Japanese war was still fresh in Japanese people's minds, and it was a strange and turbulent time for Japan. It was a time of of conflict between the east and west, tradition versus modernization, democracy versus aristocracy and so on. Shrines and temples stood a few miles away from churches, department stores begin to appear selling western clothing, western food and cafes are becoming a new trend. Actors and singers are the new thing and western sports like baseball are being played and watched by thousands. News papers and radio spread the praises of development across the country, cars and trains began to take people from one end of the world to the other.

It was also the time of the first world war, which accelerated Japan's industrialization as it profited from the war economy. It was the time when Japan was rising as a imperial power and spreading its influence to neighboring countries. And as the fear of communism spread in Europe its ripples also reached the far east.

42948844_p0.jpg

446616866.jpg

Such is the time in which our Role play is going to be set in....loosely. As I'm no expert in Japanese history, nor have I read/played enough material to get a full handle of things. So let's just make it a fictional "Taisei era"(note the intentionally wrong pronunciation) and call it a day shall we?

Where?

So we got the time period settled, now the site. This RP will largely be in "Yoshiwara", the famous red light district in Tokyo. It's origins date back to early 17th century, and was only fully abolished after WWII. All kinds of people inhabited the place and provided entertainment for whoever had a few bucks to spare, from comedians to Kabuki actors, and of course courtesans who sell their body for money. Of course there are many levels of courtesans, ranging in services and prize tags, and at the top of this hierarchy of courtesans were "Oiran" who were prized for their talents in tea ceremony, flower arranging, calligraphy, music talents and so on, and had a greater control over to whom they'd sell their talent, and body to.

47995719_p3_master1200.jpg

That being said, it takes years of training and effort to work the way up the hierarchy, and frankly no one in their right mind would choose such a path willingly. Most of these courtesans were orphans or children of poor families who couldn't afford to raise them.

And for the purpose of our RP...well...you've guessed it, there's going to be male courtesans there as well, who were sold into these brothels at a young age, and was raised to please men.

What?

Now you maybe wondering what's up with the "supernatural" and "mystery" part of the title. Well, the plot would revolve around a series of mysterious murders in Yoshiwara, and the players would have to deal with each other, while try to keep their characters safe and sound from whatever is lurking in the shadows.

9063867.jpg

Who?

As for the characters I'll need at least one Oiran, and two other characters, perhaps a nobleman, an entrepreneur (could be foreigner), police officer or an army officer. Or they could be experts in the super natural, maybe an Onmyoji or psychic or even a catholic priest! How their pairings go is completely up to you, would it be a triangle? Two pairs? Or a pentagon if we get enough people?

30542161_p0.jpg

How?

Due to the nature of this RP, it would likely play out more like an traditional RPG with me as the "Game keeper" and you as "players." And I'd probably play the parts of multiple "NPCs" to set the scene and move the events forward. That being said feel free to approach any of the "NPCs" if they're to your liking, and courting with them may indeed change the outcome of the story! Who knows? This is my first ever try to do a group project and anything could happen! I imagine if this thing get up and running it will have a set post order, beginning with me re-posting the prologue above plus some new content , then the first player's post, second player's, and so on, then back to me again. Feel free to post or pm me about the project, or about anything in general!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hal7283

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

• Tacita_Virtus

• Funny Otaku

My Character Sheet

cd9d87c01364c7e32fb72daec2dc344c.jpg

Name: Yuu Ueda

Position: Uke

Yuu is an Oiran in the Red Light District, well known for his services and witty personality. He is used to the ways of the Red Light District aka Yoshiwara and he is not surprised by much of the horrendous occurrences. Yuu was kidnapped when he was young and has been in the Red Light District ever since he was young. He sees no one as family and he has a hard time opening up to people. Yuu can be smart mouthed and rude, so he has many enemies.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Come on my friends and have a look! Any of you interested in doing this with me?

I'm interested...

Excellent!!! Feel free to come up with your character at your leisure. I'm getting so hyped right now!!

I'm interested but when you say psychic with type powers or readings because I was thinking perhaps I could be a mixed of both an a tragedy unfolds with a eye widening foresight that was given?

Excellent!!! Now with have four (plus me five!) people into this I'll stop the recruitment unless any of you lost interest. Once everyone's character are done we could get this thing up and running! I may post a few NPCs who you guys may encounter in the story later.

And just a note for you guys, try to keep a decent balance on the "positions" of the characters, or at least be flexible about it. You don't have to fall in love with each other and decide the "shipping" right here right now, but I'd prefer you have some chemistry among yourselves.

Name- Seishin- which translates to Spirit, For short he goes by Sei

age- 19

position- uke

From a young age he was an orphan but he was taken in by an old onmyoji, who taught him everything he knew. Not to long ago the man died causing Sei to wonder around helping people..And now he found himself in yoshiwara. His personality is sweet but has a sarcastic sense of humor.

e73837676da4e92a13c30f1de73d0155.jpg

his spirt animal protector is a wolf

I'm interested but when you say psychic with type powers or readings because I was thinking perhaps I could be a mixed of both an a tragedy unfolds with a eye widening foresight that was given?

You mean like your character could foresee the future? Sure, why not?

Well, I will work on my character soon. I'm thinking for my guy, he'll be like some sort of exorcist/monk/samurai mix thing, with a few, deep, dark secrets.... *rubs hands together*

Here's my guy...

The Exorcist of Exorcists

風の悪魔, 風靈

4844351.jpg

General Information:

Name: Fuuyo Keine, Fēng Líng, Kaze Akuma (Has many different names, no one knows his true name)

Nicknames: Fuu, Fang, Ling, Kaa, Kuma, Spirit Master, Demon Slayer, etc.

Birthday: October 12

Race: Human...?

Ethnicity: Korean/Chinese/Japanese Mix

Home Country: Korea

Sexuality: Closet Bisexual

Position: Seke

Occupation: Exorcist/Monk/Priest (Pretty much an entrepreneur in dealing with the spiritual world and things along that line)

Specialty: Uses spiritual powers. Is considered to be one of the best out there. No one but himself knows exactly how he does what he does.

Appearance:

Height: 5' 8"

Weight: 128 lbs

Eyes: A variety of different blues, depending on his mood. His normal color, seen most often, is a mixture of light and dark greenish blues. Has long black eyelashes, and thin black eyebrows.

Hair: Has silky, raven black hair, that is quite long and kept in a braid that falls over the front of one shoulder. Has bangs that fall toward the center of his forehead, the end reaching the tip of his nose. His hair also falls to the sides of his face, framing it. When not in a braid, his hair reaches to about the bottom of his shoulder blades

Skin: A pale olive color, almost looking ivory

Body: Thin, but fit and some noticeable muscular structure

Markings/Tattoos/Scars/Etc: A unique looking marking upon his left thigh

Clothing: Anything from a Japanese kimono to a Korean like outfit, but is mostly seen wearing his olive green outfit. See Image below for detail

Jewelry/Etc: A black wrist band on his left wrist

Other: Owns a katana

Extra Image (Main Outfit): ID___NO_FAVING___by_ll_Keine_Ron_ll.png

Personality: REVEALED IC. To most, he is a withdrawn, quiet individual, almost to the point of being stuck up and rude. Often he acts it too, and has angered many a people with his attitude. But is this really who he is?

Background: REVEALED IC. As of now, no one but himself knows of his past, which he likes to keep that way.

Sayings:"Patience is a virtue. Silence is golden. I myself, am patient and silent, thus I am right with the world."

"I don't know what I have to say to get this through that thick skull of yours. No one can help you, no one can save you. So do yourself a favor and quit bothering me."

Extras/Other:

*Has a few, deep, dark secrets.

*Is an excellent swordsman

*Lives nowhere

Abilities: REVEALED IC

*Exorcism

*Sword fighting

Theme Song(s):

Your character is intriguing. I'm excited to see him in action! And just a few side notes here:

Our fictional "Taisei era" is loosely based on the historical 1910s~20s, which was about the time Japan annexed Korea. How Fuu feels (or doesn't feel) about the whole situation is up to you. But as there were quite a lot of unrest in Korea at that era, expect the authorities to be alarmed by your presence, to say the least.

And also I wonder have you seen the anime "Samurai Kenshin?" I brought it up because if you do you'd know that civilians were banned from carrying katana in public since 1870s. So if your character hang around with a katana visible to the public....let's just say the authorities are getting pissed.

What I'm trying to say is, feel free to play a fugitive from the law! You could've chosen Yoshiwara as your hideout (as it was filled with entertainers so your the katana could be mistaken as stage prop?) and stumble upon the others or something?

my charcter:

th?id=JN.PmmK12260GPnPBnEbcTYUw&pid=15.1

Name: Renkui

Position:Seke

Personality: rather quite, he is kind and forgiven if he wishes to be.

Other: his family was rather into the business of fortune telling and charm making which was popular among the soldiers and young ladies, Renkui was happy to see the soldiers coming back from war the streets filled with dad music but he knew that ever since they found a body of a soldier he knew that things where only beginning to worsen.

Good! Now with everyone's character done I'll post the thread up later today when I get home. As soon as I do you guys can start your parts.

As for the post order let's stick with the order you guys posted your characters here, with Akira going first after me , Funny Otaku second, Fallen snow third, and BloodBunny going last.

He keeps his sword...hidden. Very well in fact. As for how he feels, it's kept hidden, but sometime he'll reveal it. And yes, I've seen the anime, it's a good one :) But yeah, he's sort of a fugitive, more or less. But he's good at what he does, and he's quite slippery, which pisses off authority, since he's not been caught. ^.^" Even if he does, he gets away quite easily.

Anyway, I look forward to RPing with all you. Fuu and I will work hard to keep it fun!

(P.S. Bit of fun fact: Fuuyo Keine is his Korean "Name", Fēng Líng is his Chinese "name", and Kaze Akuma is his Japanese "name". Lol. Fun, huh? But he mostly goes by Fuu, or Ling.)

But anyways, yeah, Yoshiwara as his hideout for the time being sounds like a great idea! By the way, hinting at his darkness, there is a reason he's titled the 'Exorcist of Exorcists'

The thread had been made!!! I've posted the updated version of the prologue. To make things easier Akira&Shiki maybe your character could belong to the brothel in the prologue, and know the NPCs there. While the others could be customers, or part time workers of the place, or have nothing to do with it! It's up to you guys how to meet and fall in love with each other.

And again, feel free to approach any of the Npcs (and yes, more is coming). But I do not guarantee any of them would survive. Then again, that maybe part of the fun as well.

Beautiful post! Love it. I already have an idea on how Fuu is going to make his entrance xD

I've replied! Hopefully I've done well. And whoever is next, it's all your go

Bonjour! I find this particular topic quite interesting, and was wondering if perhaps one could still join? If not, it is fine.

Au revoir.

Bonjur! I find this particular topic quite interesting, and was wondering if perhaps one could still join? If not, it is fine.

Au revoir.

Hmm......Since we're only just starting so maybe yes? What do you guys think? If everyone is OK with it then welcome aboard Tacita.

However if you join I"ll prefer you go Seme though, since our current lineup is a bit tilted to the Uke side.