Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East

Cohran

The other day i took a break from studying to watch anime and i found this series [Hakkenden] it is not yaoi or even shounen-ai but it made the fujoshi in me scream with excitement.

Has anyone watched this anime and felt the same way?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cohran

• STARRK

• Shunpei x Fumi

• komakurotsuki

I've seen it... And i have the same thoughts... If you use i.ntere.st (an anime picture reward site) there are some snap shots and gifs there that shows it may be shounen-ai... :)

I've watched it too~ I felt the same way as well! After all, the creator of the manga Miyuki Abe also does BL manga (Super Lovers is one example) so its no surprise that theres a bit of a shounen-ai vibe to it :D

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
xFumi wow i did not know that they shared the same authors, that explains it.

me too.me too ive watched it :) i wish its Yaoi. i really like the boys. ~drooling~ there oll cute^///^

I'have watched it, it was very exciting until the and even if I whished to see much more about the story....It is a sort of shounen -Ai, I think...I enjoyed it very much even the lyrics

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i absolutely love this anime~~ i have watched this a lot of times that i even downloaded this! :) THERE ARE LOTS OF HINTS OF "SHOUNEN-AI" OR "YAOI" THAT ANY FUJOSHI/S OUT THERE WILL REALLY TAKE NOTICE!!!!

• 1 month later...

I fricking LOVE THIS! I ship the brother-in-laws huehuehuehue, The main character has some girlish face so I make it 10/10 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I love Hakkenden! It isn't until recently that I figured out the same creator made Super Lovers (which I am currently obsessed with).

I loved the show~

When I first watched it, I went ahead and marathon-ed it. For some reason it wasn't enough and a week later, I watched it all again. XD

• 4 weeks later...

pokes thread.

i wish hakkenden was more popular. i'm absolutely in love with the series - it's one of my favorite shows! - and i was surprised that it isn't more popular, especially given the subtext in the show. i actually ship kobungo and keno, haha. and i practically ship genpachi with just about anyone.

• 1 month later...
Guest Iiva

I love Hakkenden also.

There are hints here and there, some quite obvious (Genpachi loves Shino, Sosuke has loved Shino since they were kids, Sosuke´s other half Ao gives these lines what can be mistaken that is gonna take Shino and not in "taking his life= killing; then Keno (Asakeno) is beautiful long haired man & Kobungo thought he is a woman and kind of can´t get over it. Cause he really likes him.Then there is just pure bromance and brotherly love (Rio is actually Shino´s oniisan) and episodes full of very good looking men yoyo4 so handsome & beautiful characters

Shino & Shinobu are so cute little shotas- two adults in a child body.

I think Shino is 18 y old and Shinobu is 22 y old.

Guest Iiva
pokes thread.

i wish hakkenden was more popular. i'm absolutely in love with the series - it's one of my favorite shows! - and i was surprised that it isn't more popular, especially given the subtext in the show. i actually ship kobungo and keno, haha. and i practically ship genpachi with just about anyone.

I ship Keno & Kobungo too ;D I think Keno would be queen uke, he´s tough & knows how to use katana. Beautiful man with good hair. He dances & acts, so I guess he could do some erotic dance (besides traditsional what he really does) at night to Kobungo- he would go nuts & most likely have "severe nosebleed"

:_red_fox 15