What Do You Hate About Yourself?

Teesie

What do you hate about yourself?

I was thinking on this topic and decided to post a thread. There are many things I dislike about myself, and found some of them quite hilarious, because they're so petty. XD If so, why can I not change them? Anyhow, that's besides the point. So...I'll start.

One that I absolute can't stand is when I'm sleepy. Whenever I am in need of rest I become illiterate. I cannot read, nor write. (Please don't make me talk) If I write, it is uneducated. When I read, words are scrambled, let alone take forever since I can't comprehend. If I talk...well...I sound like I'm drunk. There are times when I seriously will write gibberish. Like... literally. XD

Another is a habit I developed when younger, from just playing around. I seen this "Go Green" commercial from Disney, and I remember all of what was given to better the environment, and two things stuck with me. Mind you, I started to do these actions just to tease my family, and it actually became a habit. XD

1) I DESPISE seeing a plug, charger, etc of any kind, in an outlet and not in use. If I see a fan plugged, and it isn't on...it makes me very upset. If I see a phone charger plugged in an outlet and a phone isn't charging ... I am enraged. XD (This is so petty to me, and I hate that it bothers me, but oh the fuck well)

2) I HATE when one leaves water running. I'm a bit of an extremist on this. If I'm to wash my hands I first turn on the water. Wet my hands. Turn off the water. Lather my hands with soap. Turn on the water again. Wash away the soap, and turn off the water once more. You can only imagine how I am when washing dishes. XD If I see someone else doing any differently than I do....I get irritable. (Pathetic. I know. But I can't help it.)

Well...those are a few about myself. Quite trivial, yes. XD

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teesie

• Virdian*

• fan_yaoi

• Aoi Yuki

I hate that when I'm hungry I eat like a pig. I chew fast all food and I get all stained. Even if I'm in public I eat like my life would depend on it without caring how I look. :Icecream:

@Teesie

Wow I can actually say that I do those thing as well, mainly because of my mam who recently started to get all conscious about plugs plugged in that are not being used and lights switched on in rooms that no one is using, She really got pissed at me because most of that was my doing haha XD Anyway she made sure that I started to be more aware and turn off lights when exiting a room and unplug chargers, lights and appliances that I am not using.....it really became much of a habit and she herself is worried for my well being.

I tend to have days were I just get extremely agitated and really hyper, to the point where I stay up for several days straight without being tired! I cook dinner, I clean, I hoover excessively and get really talkitive, much so that my family either shouts shut up over and over again before covering my mouth or they just leave the room. They normally do the latter.

I am somewhat dyslexic. When I was younger I couldn't spell properly mainly because words get jubbled up and seem to change for me. Nowadays I have been practicing on my literacy and maths skills and they are improving slowly but surely.

I however tend to rely on spell check and the calculator still....I should not to but....I am trying to rely on my own skills and improve more.

I don't know if this is true but many people say that I am a genius and I am quiet an intellectual, I refute the claim by saying that how could I being Dyslexic and having slight Autism... and they respond by saying that I may have difficulties but it makes me more of a genius how I overcome them and still inspire myself to grow..... (Yeah right...) Anyway I hate the term Genius, I would call myself a intellect or a person that knows some shit but not a genius. I think everyone is a genius in their own right anyway. ....However being an intellect is incredibly lonely feeling....I isolate myself because people don't want to be around someone who is smart...I also Isolate myself because I research and study so much that I don't go out so often....If I am a genius I hate it because it is so lonely!!...

Related to my ASD and my supposed "Genius" I am rather a shy and timid person....I hate how when I meet someone that I get all flustered and can not speak much, maybe a one word sentence....and this is people in my family...If I met a stranger I would not speak at all, I would go all red and get all scared it is just annoying..... I wish I were more out going..

What do I hate about myself? Oh, that's easy...

1) I don't know how it is called, but I hate leaving something unfinished... like, I just can't... say I started an anime that I feel is crap? Welp, I will watch it 'till the end, whether I like it or not.

2) I hate being a perfectionist... ^^ If I cook and the ingredients are not in order(meaning in line, sorted by what they are, size and other weird factors) I will get them organized and then just in case re-organize EVERYTHING in the kitchen just to be sure... I also hate it when black and white are in no balance... for example if I go in a room with 3 black walls and 1 white, I swear I'll go insane.

3) I hate leaving someone waiting... I mean, I just feel so bad, that I can cry.

4) I hate thinking bad about other people. I hate being envious of someone or wishing that they get harmed... again I feel so bad that I cry xD

5) I hate myself for being a crybaby at times ^^"

6) I hate my Atelophobia(The fear of not being good enough).

7) I hate my Acrophobia ^^"

8) I hate my Entomophobia(Fear of insects) ^^"

9)Eto... another thing I hate on myself is my habit of not sleeping at nights and sleeping at classes

10) I also hate it that I am very shy and I can never start a conversation with a person I don't speak much with.

11) I hate the fact that I am romantically hopeless ^^"

Aaaaand, that's about it ^^

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Man...your username is so difficult. XD Anyhow, I wanted to say that you shouldn't feel lonely. There are people out there that likes to be around smart people. Me for example. Maybe others are intimidated by you. Maybe go talk with someone, which I'm sure you won't do since you're so shy. XD Get over that. (Another... man there is a limitation. I like those that are smart, but know there is still a lot to learn. Someone who doesn't mind being wrong once in a while. Someone who isn't afraid to admit their lack of knowledge on certain subjects. I mean we all gained out intellect from something or someone other than ourselves. Act like it. I can understand if another is a complete idiot, but come now. Who doesn't have their slow days? I have had them quite a lot lately. XD I just think I need a good rest.)

We share one in common. XD I also hate to leave others waiting. I feel absolutely terrible. It's a downfall on my part at times because I can't get my thoughts together. This lead to an impulsive reaction or having me embarrass myself. Also if there are many people demanding of my attention at once, it's quite stressful. XD Oh the fuck well.

I can’t say NO but not because i’m afraid of ppl might stop liking me if i say NO.. it’s just i’m being too nice therefore ppl who know that side of me shamelessly using it to their own needs... though i know i can easily stop it by just saying NO i just can’t =) of course there are situations where i can say NO otherwise i would get in serious trouble ^^

I hate myself for being a smoker.. and again i can easily stop smoking it’s just that i don’t want to..

i hate the fact that i can’t be rude to people who deserves it! i mean there have been times/situations where i couldn’t express myself and i just wanted to tell ppl to fuck off for example ppl who put their fake michael kors bags on a free seat in the tram/bus etc. and ignoring the fact that other ppl wanna might sit down -_- i can easily say "move your stupid bag you inconsiderate bimbo".. but i can’t *sigh* i'm hopeless

1. I'm the most sociable, outgoing, popular server in our restaurant but outside of work I'm isolated and carry trusts issues to properly befriend someone.

2. Indecisiveness. I'm unable to choose a career and stick with it, my interests and skillets are just too broad.

3. Lack of push to pull through. I have more books with bookmarks in them than I have books without.

4. I have fewer close friends that I'd like to have. I'm sick of having hundreds of acquaintances, club buddies, group hangouts... I need a handful of close friends who genuinely regard me as special, and I, them. Quality not quantity, am I right?

wow hate's such a strong word but here it goes...

To be honest I am kind of pissed with my face. Some people tend to judge me from my stern look.

QUENCHING FOR MORE, not power really but I can't really find the satisfaction.

No sense of direction and lacks decision making. I guess being a goddamn project dev. offiicer is not the most suitable job for me. Since I don't like leading the crowd for I am with the crowd.

Over 10000 Laziness. (Self-explanatory)

And the thing that I don't converse well with people due to the fact that I am a full fledged introvert.

• 4 years later...

The one thing I dislike about me is that I am so easily distracted. I'm trying to do something and stay focused, but if there's something that can distract me, it will. 100%

And it annoys me when I just have to check everything, multiple times, before I leave the house. I try getting ready earlier, but then I get even more worried and spend way more time checking that everything is unplugged, nothing is left on, everything is closed etc. It annoys me so, so much!

Other than that, neah. If I would have answered this question a few years ago, oh boy! I would have probably written an essay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I hate my empathy, emotivity, insecurity and easy crying. Tears comes for the least thing that touches my feelings, whether it's a pleasant fact or not ... an example? Yesterday I heard on TV that an Ajax player, Nouri Abdelhak, after three years of coma woke up ... I was cooking and while listening to the news, I turned around and I having seen the image of this boy before he went into a coma and playing football, I started thinking about him, his family and everything they can have experienced in these three years of pain and hope, and and while I was thinking, the tears started get off ... luckily nobody notices, I have experience, at least I'm good at that (:

I think too much, and this hurts me.

I'm really hopeless... :sigh:

oh what an intresting thing about that football player, and so weird it must be for him to wake up now O.O in all this. I mean... sounds like a movie almost. Good he is getting better then ^^

I hate that I am still bad at making food >.

And im getting pretty good at making rice too (Thank you Mr. Rice-coocker)

I hated the fact that I hadn't been able to cook until after graduation, every time I asked my mother, even when I was a little girl, she replied that I would not be able to do it and that I would only make a mess.

slowly you will learn too, don't worry (ゝω・) ♡

At the beginning I used to be lack, I didn't even know how to make a simple broth ahah, but in the end, by dint of trying, reading cookbooks, and also asking, perhaps to the fishmonger or the butcher, I learned.

But we learn every day.

for example today I did not know what to prepare and in the fridge I had boiled potatoes that I left over from yesterday's dinner, and thinking about what I could have prepared I took the potatoes, I mashed them well, they were well cooked, and I first added a some extra virgin olive oil, one egg, a little salt, a pinch of ground black pepper and a handful of grated Parmesan and two tbsp of bread crumbs ((then it depends on the quantity of potatoes and eggs that are used). I mixed everything well and I prepared some potato meatballs, I breaded and fried them in plenty of boiling oil .... wow it was seriously good ^^

I didn't expect it ahaha

i hate how big my balls are, they tread along the ground as I walk and touch the toilet water when I sit down to pee, (yes, I pee sitting down which makes me kind of a feminist in my own right (at least according to my mom))

• 2 weeks later...

I hate how I seem to undervalue myself, it was a recent discovery too, when it slipped and he was shocked that I don't see how good my abilities are. I really appreciate that there was someone who was able to tell me what I'm like in their eyes. Even now, I catch myself underestimating myself even when I already did the same thing a week ago.

I think I tend to internalise a lot of things, which means that I don't really have a specific person who had the emotional capacity and made me feel safe enough to tell them. I've always been the listener in my group of friends, and it might sound unfair but I don't feel like I'm comfortable enough to share my own thoughts to them. I hate that I can't lie and if there's nothing nice for me to say I stay quiet and pray that the conversation changes. Most of them don't talk to me anymore despite, being in a lively group chat with them. And even then, I hate that when I do start talking about my insecurities, my voice starts to tremble as if its a bad thing when its not and im barely getting the words across, that is, if I ever finished the sentence before I start crying. I wish one day my voice will get my message across.