which ANIME made you an ANIME ADDICT?

LoveExperts

I shall be damned. I don't recall, was it so long ago?

Hm. Certainly I recall D.N.Angel being one of the first consciously watched anime titles.

But I don't think it got me 'addicted'. Then again, I recall my obsession with Prince of Tennis even though now watching it is not the same; probably my art style tastes changed. But, the anime that made me go all otaku out was Bleach.

I recommend it, if someone hasn't watched it yet. Ah, lovely anime. The manga is also good. I wonder if they will resume the anime adaptation, Kubo made enough of material for the next arc to start. =/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoveExperts

• luckystar

• gin

• Kro_Bar

Quite a lot. Hmm Prince of Tennis, Fruits Basket, UFO Baby, and pretty much all sorts of Dragon Ball (well dad bought a whole stacks of cds)

• 1 month later...

I've watched anime since my childhood time. But the anime that made me addict.. probably Kuroshitsuji.. yeah Black Butler. Before it i don't give a mind bout anime.. i just watch regular anime such shinchan and doraemon on my tv

I started by watching the first 20 or so episodes of Fairy Tail. I really enjoyed it. I have this weird OCD thing were I have to blitz a series I liked. Since I only had collections 1-3 I decided to wait until I had a lot more, so I could just sit down and blitz the show back to back.

So the first anime series that I actually sat down and watched in its entirety was Ergo Proxy. I absolutely loved Ergo Proxy. The art work, the animation, the characters, the English dubbing, the storyline. I absolutely loved the entire series.

It then got me into post-apocalyptic utopian/dystopian anime, so I watched and loved Wolf's Rain and Casshern Sins. I'd be grateful for any recommendations on this particular niche genre.

Another one I watched when I first discovered anime about 4 months ago was Gantz. I absolutely loved it, purely for the gore and horror aspects. The death scenes reminded me of the Saw franchise, oddly enough. Along the same sort of future utopian/dystopian society mixed with gore and horror themes, I really enjoyed Elfen Lied.

Having become a late bloomer and only just discovering anime, I've watched very little. This is my watch list - without spoilers and in order of viewing (MINOR SPOILERS ON ELFEN LIED):

- Fairy Tail up to about episode 20. I WILL go back to this when I have maybe collection 6 and 7 late in 2016.

- Ergo Proxy - all time fav.

- Gantz - #2 fav. Really enjoyable but also very depressing at the same time.

- Log Horizon s1+2 - #3 fav. Being a huge RPG fan/gamer, I loved this whole concept of living in a game as a former player. I am GAGGING for s3!

- Deadman Wonderland - wasn't keen.

- Danganronpa - really didn't enjoy this.

- Psycho Pass s1 - really enjoyed it, tempted to stream s2 dubbed online, but might wait for the UK dvd release next year.

- Claymore - really enjoyed it #4 fav.

- Shiki - 2nd half of the season was great, the 1st I found quite dull.

- Black Blood Brothers - too short. Really enjoyed it but left me thirsty for more.

- Wolf's Rain - really enjoyed it but it was uber depressing at the same time.

- Vampire Knight - enjoyable, though it turned out to be exceptionally perverted at the end.

- High School of the Dead - was my first zombie anime and, apart from the upskirt and constant boob shots, was very fun.

- Corpse Princess - really enjoyed this too.

- Tokko - great anime, but too short and left on a huge cliff-hanger :(.

- Diabolik Lovers.

- Elfen Lied - #5 fav. This was a mind blowing anime, but again, too short. I lust for more. This anime addresses so many themes: incest, child abuse, spouse abuse, genetic engineering, murder, rape, paedophilia, racism, genocide, animal cruelty, torture and many more things. It has a lot of serious messages and themes that just add to how enjoyable it is.

- Casshern Sins - another one of these awesome anime's that leaves you feeling utterly depressed yet still addicted.

- Ghost Hunt - competes for the #2 fav spot, I was really hooked on this, it was great, but again, left me hungry for more.

- Chaika: The Coffin Princess s1 - this was great, I was so into it that I lost track of time. When the episode 13 preview came on and then the DVD booted back to the menu, I was heartbroken. I hope they hurry up and release s2 quickly.

- From the New World - currently up to about episode 10. It's ok, nothing special. It keeps my attention, but barely. The 14 year olds getting all down and sexual with each other made me feel a little uncomfortable.

Then I have about 50 other series' to watch. I had to have surgery so I splurged £600+ on anime box sets to watch during my recovery. I have a few yaoi titles in there too...I just hope the protagonists are 16+ :p

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was Flame of Recca :3 I was really fascinated by Recca's power when I was a child then later on I watched Yu Yu Hakusho, then Ouran, Detective Conan, etc.

Then I became a manga addict.

For me it was Yakitate!! Ja-pan and The Law of Ueki.

Black Jack, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kyou Kara Maou!, ROD the TV and some others came afterward.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im not really sure...

When I was about 5 they showed a anime on tv, Balatack. I fell in love with the leader in the groupe (I Think he made me gay).

But I was to small to know it was anime or from japan. But I remember i could not stop thinking about it. Then I bumbped into some manga and anime at the same time But I Think It must have been a mix from Fist of the North Star and Akira..... hmm After that Death note... wow, now when I look back, this is not very Child friendly stuff, well Balatck was.

Edit!

Just rememberd, it was a guy who had the film Balatack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine was Future Boy Conan haha, that anime contained too much plot for my age back then (as i was only 4) but I had a hella fun time watching it with my best friend, we got addicted easily, we could memorize almost every line of the script and we were so excited about Conan rescuing Lana so that whenever an episode ends, my friend was starting to copy Conan's attacking moves, then making me go hide somewhere calling up his name (looks like I was cluelessly playing Lana's role) then he would come up and save me and I even considered him so cool for that. :cuteonion26:

• 3 weeks later...

I remember watching Sailor Moon, Shaman King, Samurai X and Cardcaptor Sakura well before I even knew what anime is, but the one that made me really look further was Inuyasha, and the one that hooked me up was Yu Yu Hakusho that I've seen a couple of times at that time.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SO much anime made ma an addict. I can name thousannnndss of titles, I just got into anime three years ago, manga two. I'd say Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler. Colorful made me interested in watching movies, and the first anime I watched was an ecchi harem anime named Girls Bravo with my cousin when I was seven! :7yoyo10:

• 3 weeks later...

I turned into a full-fledge otaku after watching Kuroko no Basket then Danganronpa then Free then Death Note and then, I couldn't remember what's next. Oh wait, I think that was Code Geass. Nevertheless, it was KnB that really made me an anime fan.

• 3 months later...

Inuyasha :leaf15:

1st time I glimpsed it Inuyasha was fighting Sesshomaru (in Sesshy's dog form) and I was just standing in front of the tv like Woah, cool!!

But before that it was Digimon and Pokemon. But that was before I knew what the word 'Anime' meant lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

that's got to be Dragonball, which was one of the first anime that got me reading the manga as well.

Furthermore I started reading Doujinshi's of the series.

I remember watching sailor moon, but that never got me really into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Inuyasha :) It was a loooooooooooooong time ago XD every time I came home from elementary school, I watched anime on RTL II in German (Captain Tsubasa, Pretty Cure, Detective Conan, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon etc.) and Inuyasha - it was love at first sight~

• 3 months later...

Ayashi no Ceres! It was my very first anime with original sound in 2002. And I fall in love with japanese language and anime. I watched anime before that too but only in German and Hungarian. :)

The first Animes I ever watched were Pokemon and Dragonball Z in primary school but they weren’t the ones that turned me into an Otaku and made me a part of the Manga and Anime scene.

The Anime that did was Naruto, it managed to get me addicted and brought my interest in Anime and Manga to the next level.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I remember when I was grade 3/4 my cousin who was into anime gave me one of her animes as a present since we were going back to Australia. She was the person who introduced me to manga and she wasn't that much older than me, it seems that she was in her shoujo phase. She gave me her copy of Shugo Chara, and I remember that every morning I would put up an episode before it was time to walk to school haha. After that, I started to branch to other series and then yada yada I'm here now xD