Dragon Ball Z: A Visitor From Another World

~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

He heard what Gohan said to him, and he felt somewhat relieved. But it wasn't all that much, he still felt extremely guilty, and to be honest he still thought that he did not deserve to be loved, not after what he had done. Why all this was coming back to him, all this guilt, this sadness, this pain, he could only guess. His biggest thought was maybe it was because of the fight that was looming ever closer, and the fact that he wasn't going to make it out alive. That was probably why he was feeling so down about everything.

Then, Gohan continues, explaining further. Then he asks Nexus a question. If he was truly, completely, genuinely remorseful...then why couldn't he be happy, and deserve that happiness? He glances away, staring at his hands. Biting his lip for a second, he sighs.

"I...I am, I am truly sorry. If I could, I would gladly switch places with him, give my life so that he could be alive once more, if I had that chance...There is not a day that goes by without me feeling that guilt upon my heart, wishing that I could go back and take the thing I'd done and undo it...But...I always ask myself this. Why should I be happy, when he can't be? He cannot feel anything...He had next to nothing, and now, he has no life, because I took even that away from him. What little he did have, what chances he had at a future, a life...Now he no longer has, because I stole all those chances of of memories he could have made, because of a stupid, STUPID mistake... Why...why should I be happy, when I stole his happiness?"

He laughs, but there was no merriment in how it sounded. Shaking his head, he sighs.

"I know it sounds stupid, and rather selfish, and mainly self loathing and hate...but that's how I feel." He looks up at Gohan, a half smile upon his lips. "Thank you for listening. I'm sorry you had to hear all that drivel, and my damn sob story..." His eyes were shimmering with un-shed tears, and he looks away, his eyes landing on Bardock, a heavy weight once more beginning to form in his chest, where his heart was. Sighing softly once more, he half way wished that all he had to deal with was the curse, be how it used to be...not worry about emotion, or anything like it. All these thoughts of pain, he couldn't hold them back, his loss on the control of his emotions were no doubt sending every single of these things within his mind to any one who could perceive them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bardock

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

Gohan watched Nexus for what seemed like forever, and what his friend said shocked him. The look on his face must've been priceless, for he shook his head softly while his eyes continued to watch Nexus, "I don't understand... from what i AM getting from you.. you NEVER meant to hurt anyone. What had happened was a complete accident.. am I right?"

Krillen sighed softly, realizing then that Bardock had stopped, and was staring at him for a while. Krillen forced a smile and nodded, "I think he's going to like it.."

Bardock nodded slowly, smiling at the ring. He then rose to his feet and started to walk towards Nexus. He made sure to hide the ring from view as he thought about what he would say. But as he neared Gohan and Nexus, he could feel an unsettling in his chest. When he was close enough, he stopped, "Nexus, what's wrong?"

Krillen watched Bardock, smiling to himself, knowing he helped aid in putting a smile on Nexus' face. Something he hadn't seen in a few days.

"That was nice of you." Piccolo set himself beside Krillen, watching the smaller male closely, "It took me forever to break through your barrier."

Krillen chuckled softly, "I wasn't even trying to keep it up, you know..."

Piccolo nodded. He had a feeling Krillen would say something like that, "I am... worried.. about this new power you have, Krillen.."

"Worried.." Krillen didn't say the word in the form of a question, but more of an acknowledgement, "How so?"

Piccolo still watched him, and he sighed softly, "It's trying yo break through.. but are you ready for it?"

"I've been ready for ten years, Piccolo.." he finally turned his attention to Piccolo, "So don't fuck this up for me."

• 2 weeks later...

Nexus sighs, and nods. "Yes, it was a complete accident. But everyone back on Xeros thinks I had done it on purpose. Only my brother knows the truth of what had happened, and he said nothing, allowing my people to think of me as a murderer...but then again..." If he thought about it, he could say that he indeed was a murderer, because this had not been the first time he'd killed. Sighing softly, he looks away from Gohan, but was distracted from his thoughts when Bardock walks over, speaking up and asking what was wrong.

Looking up at him from where he was sitting, Nexus forces his frown to melt away, but he didn't have the will to put on a fake smile. He knew that Bardock would be able to tell the difference anyways, even if he had done so.

"There is nothing wrong. Just talking to Gohan is all."

He looks away, glancing at Krillen, who was now talking to Piccolo. Eyes still looking towards those two, he speaks up again, sounding rather distant, and kind of lost in a way. "I saw you talking to Krillen...What were you two conversing?" He was truly curious as to what had been said, because he had not listened in on what they were talking about.

Right now, he truly didn't want to talk anymore about his issues, because if he did, he felt that his emotions would begin to run together, and blur his reality, ruining the resolve that he'd built to get this whole issue over and done with. He feared...he'd get scared, and try and run away. Because if he thought about it, running was truly all he was good at. He'd run away from his brother, he'd run away from his past...now he felt like he was running away from his very existence.

Looking up at Bardock now, he waits, wondering why the other had come over in the first place.

Bardock stood, watching Nexus fight within himself. Although his mate had said everything was fine.. he was just talking to Gohan, Bardock felt there was more to it than just that. However, he knew when not to push. So he modded at Nexus' statement and slowly lowered himself onto the bed that Nexus was resting on, "How do you feel? You seem to have some of your color back."

When asked what he and Krillen were talking about, Bardock allowed a small smile etch onto his face. His eyes raised and rested upon his grandson, "Gohan.. would you excuse us for a few moments?"

Gohan blinked in surprise, nodding, "Oh! Sure. I should see about training anyway." He leaned over, giving Nexus' shoulder a soft squeeze before he walked away, quickly closing the gap with Piccolo, Vegeta, and Krillen and his father.

Bardock turned and faced Nexus then, leaning over and he softly pressed his lips to Nexus' forehead. It took a moment before he actually spoke, and even then, Bardock had trouble expressing what he really wanted to say, "I already asked for your hand in marriage.. and now, I suppose I should finish what I started.."

Bardock didn't really give Nexus a chance to question him as he then held up his hand, and opened it partway. The ring fell from the open part, but since it was still on the chain, it dangled from it. Bardock smiled, letting out a soft laugh, "I'm supposed to say something beautiful.. like.. I don't know. Something about knowing a loved you the moment I saw this ring.." Bardock shook his head, "But that'd be a lie. Because I knew I loved you the moment we fought for the first time. So, I uhm.." Bardock's hands started to shake slightly as he unclasped the necklace, and slid the chain out of the hole, "I guess I'll.. do it right, now.."

Bardock moved off the bed, setting on one knee as he held the ring in one hand, and Nexus' hand in the other. He looked up, laughing nervously as he knew everyone else was watching, anticipating the moment. The blush on his face grew a little before he shrugged softly, "So, how about it? Still wanna marry me?"

When Bardock asks Gohan if he could give the two of them a few moments, Nexus was honestly more than just a little bit confused. However, after the younger Saiyan had left them, he did not have the chance to speak up and ask what was going on, because he felt Bardock's lips pressing gently to his forehead, quieting whatever words he had about to have said in his throat. It was almost as if that simple gesture had been some sort of mute button, and now Nexus was unable to talk, confused, yes, but silent, as he waited for Bardock to say what he'd wanted to.

But what came after those few moments of silence was definitely not what Nexus had been expecting, and he blinks in surprise. Were his ears playing tricks on him? Was Bardock really bringing up the topic of marriage? But no, it was definitely not a play or trick on what he was hearing, because the ring that was dangling from the chain that Bardock was holding seemed to be real enough. He stares at it, shock settling in, his eyes growing wide. He could hear each heartbeat of his own, loud and clear, and it was as if all his senses had been heightened, because he could not only hear his own heart beating, but Bardock's as well.

The words that were being said sounded as if they were from underwater, muted slightly, sort of muffled and distorted, but he could understand everything. The fact was...he was completely, utterly, not prepared for this. Not in the least. Sure, he had agreed to marrying Bardock during that time, and he truly wanted to...but this...No, he was not ready for this shock. His eyes follow the others' movements, taking the ring off of the chain, going on to his knee, kneeling there in front of him.

His own face was beginning to darken with it's own blush, his eyes staring at Bardock, an unsure expression on his face. He didn't know what to do, as his hand was taken by the Saiyan's, and after the question he just sat there, completely silent, saying nothing. He could barely breathe as it was, he was pretty sure he wouldn't be able to talk. But, after what seemed like eternity, he felt tears begin to well up in his eyes, before slowly slipping down his cheeks, and finally falling from his jaw.

He nods. Slowly, before taking a deep breath, attempting to speak. The corner of his lips turn up, trembling, caught between sobbing and wanting to smile happily. "I...Yes, of course...I still want to..." He finally says, his words shaky, but clear. "It's about time you asked p-properly...Dummy..." And, at that moment, the brightest smile forms on his face, breaking through the rain that was falling.

Bardock could hear his heart beating through his chest. Nexus had been quiet for so long. The seconds ticked away, and fear started to grip his heart. Oh god.. it was too much. Bardock was a little too pushy.. something!! He started to say something, but he blinked when he saw tears forming from his mates face, and spilling down his cheeks. Bardock rose a hand, wiping away a tear just as it dripped from his chin, "Nyx.."

Nexus' words were what truly made him stop. Made everything stop. His heart beating, every sound, every little detailed thing stood out. It took everything he had not to let his own tears spill over, and instead he leaned up, planting his lips against Nexus' passionately.

Krillen watched, smiling to himself as he sensed what was going on. He turned his head, surprised to see that Piccolo shared the same smile, "What about you?"

Piccolo glanced at Krillen, "What about me?"

"You'd really step aside? Allow them to get married?" Krillen's smile vanished, "You won't even fight for him?"

Piccolo stared at Krillen, then chuckled, "Nexus and my relationship is a lot different than his and Bardock's. Just because I simply fade away... doesn't mean I disappear immediately. I'll still be on watch. Nemekians never sleep, you know."

Goku couldn't hold in his excitement anymore, "We're DYING over here! Say something!"

Bardock let out a laugh, turning so that Nexus was seen as well, "He said yes, you baka! Of course he did!" He held the ring in his hand still.

Krillen cupped his hands around his mouth, "Why are you still holding the ring?? Put in on his finger!"

Bardock then looked a little confused. Krillen didn't say THAT part, "Which one?"

Krillen laughed again before rising to his feet, "He really is YOUR dad, Goku.."

After the kiss had ended, Nexus looks over to the others when Goku had spoken up. Apparently they all had been watching what had been going on, and were anticipating the out come of Bardock's question. His face darkens a bit as Bardock moved a bit so that they could see him, and he lowers his eyes, and could not help smiling in amusement when Krillen asked why the ring was not on his finger. At Bardock's confusion, he laughs softly. This was definitely what he needed to brighten his spirits, after feeling so down and depressed.

Even when Krillen rose to his feet, Nexus remembers seeing a woman one time when he'd first arrived on earth, and he'd been out looking around, who had a ring on her finger. He'd asked her what it was, and she'd answered it was her engagement ring, that she was going to get married. Why had he not remembered that brief encounter until now? Who knew.

"Bardock..." He murmurs, getting the Saiyan's attention. When he had, he lightly taps the ring finger on his left hand, smiling at the other male. "It goes here."

Even as he knew that this was a happy moment, he could not help but have the briefest of thoughts that this was not going to last for very long. He knew that it was going to end soon, but he did not have the nerve to say no to all of this, he wanted Bardock to be happy, even though...in the end...he knew that this was going to eventually just end up hurting the other. But for now, he pushes those thoughts from his mind, and focuses on the moment at hand, treasuring it.

If Krillen came over, he looks up at the small man and smiles. "Thank you...for doing this. I know it was you...I'd seen the ring before..."

Bardock looked over at Nexus when he spoke up, and he smiled softly, slipping the ring upon his finger. It fit perfectly, almost as if the universe knew this day would come. He rose Nexus' hand to his lips, and kissed the same hand. As Krillen joined him, the same smile still stayed on his lips.

Krillen smiled back, reaching over and taking Nexus' slim hand in his. He studied the ring for a moment and then nodded to Nexus, "Goku and I found that ring over twenty years ago.. We were looking for Master Roshi's house to train and... just came across it. I remembered seeing the four diamonds, and Goku had told me his grandfather gave him the four star dragonball." Krillen let go of Nexus' hand then, "Goku told me it was a gift.. and gave it to me. Even though I knew Goku had been joking.. it.. made my heart flutter." He shrugged then, not completely sure why he was revealing all of this to Nexus, "I put it on a chain.. and kept it around my neck."

Bardock had sat back down, and he shook his head, "But why?"

"Because.." Krillen chuckled, shaking his head softly, "God it sounds so stupid now.." he took a deep breath, sighing softly, "Because.. I knew deep down that.. Goku would never love me the way I loved him.. so.. it some weird way, it was as close to my heart as possible, I guess. But when Vegeta said it was useless and it hindered my training, I started to think what if he was right? All this time, was I only sabotaging myself?" He looked up again, "When I heard you ask Gohan about rings.. I knew what I had to do.."

Seeing the ring on his finger made a bit of the heavy weight that he felt deep within seem to vanish, lifting away from him. Though it was not much that went away, he still felt much better than before, and not as down about everything that was happening, what had happened, and what was going to happen. Right now, all that mattered truly was what was happening right then and there. He had to focus on the good, and not the bad, or he knew that things would only end up getting worse, and not better.

He was a bit surprised when Krillen took his hand within his own, looking at the ring that fit so perfectly on his finger. To him, it looked odd, out of place, but at the same time...he loved it. Smiling at Krillen, he listens to everything that was said, about the backstory of the ring, where it had come from, what its' significance was. This surprised him a little, and began to wonder why exactly he gave the ring away, if it meant so much to the other. Bardock asks that out loud, and the reason was explained.

Nexus then shakes his head. "I don't think that sounds stupid at all. In fact, it suits you Krillen. Yeah, I may pick on you time to time, but I think you're really something else. Strong, but with a kind heart. It's not every day one can meet someone like you. So thank you..."

He then looks away, staring at the wall across the large room. The smile that he had on his face slips away, a blank expression taking form. Lost in thought, he did not realize he was even speaking, the words coming out on their own. "You know...In a way, this seems like...the perfect ending. I think...it's quite lovely...Yes, I'll cherish this moment forever. Until I die." Nexus could not help it. The overwhelming crush of the knowledge that he was going to die just would not vanish, not even long enough for him to enjoy this moment. His eyes sting, and he quickly wipes the tears that began to form away, not wanting Bardock or Krillen to see them.

"Truly, to both of you, to all of you...thank you."

Bardock nodded in agreement with Nexus as he spoke about Krillen, "I know I pick on you more than others, Krillen. But, it is only because we know what you can be capable of. We want to push you to greater heights." Bardock kisses Nexus' hand again, "One day.. you will truly make someone very happy, Krillen.."

Krillen laughed softly, keeping his eyes adverted for the longest time before he let out a small scoff, tsking his teeth. He rose his head and it didn't take a genius to see the tears that started to well in his eyes. But he pushed them back, shaking his head a little, "Thanks.. I, uh... I appreciate that... but hey, we should probably get back to training, huh?"

He had to agree with Bardock. Krillen was indeed one day going to be able to make someone very, VERY happy. There was no doubt about it. He watched Krillen's expression, noticing the tears that had begun to form, but says nothing about it, instead giving the smaller male a gracious smile. To just Krillen, he mouths the words 'thank you', before Krillen mentions that they should probably get back to training.

Nexus nods, standing up, glancing one more time at the ring on his finger. "Yes, we should. We don't have much time left, I can sense Exodys even stronger than before. He's getting close...he should be here soon. And we need to be ready."

This whole ordeal was enough to boost his resolve, even just a little bit. He looks to Bardock, and smiles brightly, for once it came from the heart. Even though bad things were going to happen, and there was no escaping that bit, he was going to continue. He had to. For everyone here, especially for Bardock and Piccolo.

"Alright, where shall we continue from?" He cracks his knuckles, feeling much better. Just having food was enough to get rid of some of the fatigue he was feeling, same with the nap he had taken. "Are we ready to begin?"

Goku went straight to Nexus to look at the ring as the others walked up. Piccolo smirked softly, his eyes darting to glance at Krillen, "I kind of wanna see how much stronger you've gotten. Wanna be the first round?"

Krillen shrugged softly, "Alright."

Vegeta laughed softly, "Shall I bring Gracie to be your opponent?"

Goku chuckled softly, "Aw, come on. Krillen's not that bad!"

Krillen glared at Vegeta, "Eat me, asshole."

"Oohhh." Vegeta smirked again, continuing to tease him, "The Monk's on his period today. Wanna go against me, big guy?"

Krillen blinked softly. His head turned, looking at Vegeta and although he seemed rather calm, inside he was seething and angry. He hated Vegeta's pet name for him, but he never said anything, "I'd rather not."

"Scared?" Vegeta taunted, smirking wider, "It's okay. I know Saiyan's are pretty scary."

Krillen continued to stare at Vegeta, his arms crossed over his chest. Then, he simply smiled, "Actually, Vegeta, I'm just not sure if you can handle me yet."

Bardock's eyes widened, but he smiled softly, "Ooohhh."

The smirk still stayed displayed on Vegeta's face, but his eyes flashed slightly, showing he gotten irritated that Krillen bit back, "That a fact? I just think you're a puss, and you don't have the balls to fight me. Go on.. let's see what you're made of."

Krillen smirked as well, "As the movie goes, then Bring it on. But don't say this wimpy, little human didn't warn the big scary Saiyan." Krillen winked one eye before he started to back away, preparing for the brawl.

Vegeta kept his eyes on Krillen, glaring at him in annoyance as he, too backed a few feet. Then, he smirked again, "Shall I let you have the first hit? It might be the only one you get, so I wanna be fair."

Krillen watched Vegeta, but just shrugged, "Okay." He waited a few moments until everyone was comfortable, and just to build anticipation, waited a few more minutes.

What happened next literally took a few seconds. Krillen phased out, and reappeared immediately right in front of Vegeta. His fist cleched, he threw it straight in the middle of Vegeta's stomach as hard as he could. Shocked, and rather surprised, it took Vegeta a moment to realize what had happened and when he opened hisouth again, blood came out. The blood hit the ground as Vegeta coughed, gagged, and tried to suck in any kind of breath he could.

Krillen moved, taking his fist away just as Vegeta started to fall. He was holding onto his stomach, still coughing when Krillen caught him by the shirt. And pulled him towards his face, "And if you call me 'Monk' again, I'll turn you into a girl. Got it?"

Vegeta clenched in pain, humiliated he took Krillen's strength for granted. But when Krillen spoke, he knew better, "Yeah, got it." The words came out forced, as he was in so much pain from the hit.

"Good." Krillen let Vegeta fall. He turned to Nexus, winked again, and then crossed his arms over his chest, "Piccolo, I think mun opponent decided to forfeit.."

• 1 month later...

When Goku came over to look at the ring, Nexus willingly shows it to the Saiyan, a faint smile upon his lips. He wasn't completely sure how it felt to have the metal on his finger, but at the same time he couldn't find himself to ever think that he'd ever want to take it off. Though...having it on when he fought might be a bit of a problem. He'd probably eventually do what Krillen had done all these years and put it on a chain around his neck.

Speaking of Krillen, his eyes shift towards the small rumble going down between the small man and the prince of Saiyans. It was over before one could even say anything, and Nexus stood there with a smirk on his face at how pathetic Vegeta looked at that point. Grinning more when Krillen turned to wink at him.

"Nicely done Krillen." Chuckles Nexus, looking to Vegeta. Not saying anything, except giving him a humoring pitied look, eyebrows raised and head shaking softly from side to side, a soft sigh escaping from between his lips. That was just pathetic what had just happened.

"So...you ready to go up against me yet?" He asks, tilting his head slightly to the side, eyes glinting as he looked at the provider of the ring around his finger. Vegeta was one thing, but he knew that deep inside, even Krillen realized he was no match for Nexus.

Krillen just smiled at the congradulatories, but when Nexus approached him, asking if he was ready to face off against him, Krillen shook his head, "I'm not ready to die just yet..."

Bardock chuckled softly, "Ah, sure you are!" He gave Krillen a firm pat on the back, making the smaller man cringe softly, "You'll do just fine."

"N-No, I... I'd rather not..." Krillen looked a bit nervous, "I'm still getting used to my power boost and all.."

Goku smiled excitedly, "How about me, huh?? Boy, this'll be great!! Going toe to toe in a no-hold barred match, just the two of us!"

Krillen glanced at Goku, his mind racing a million miles a minute. His look changed to thoughtful before he finally broke his eyes away, a small heat forming upon his cheeks, "No.. I think I'll pass..."

Goku's face went from happy to sad in less than a second, "Awww... but why? Krillen, do you know how long I've waited for this?? We used to spar all the time when we were little.. come on, for old time's sake?"

Krillen sighed softly. Fighting Goku would definitely help improve his strength... and he wasn't as strong as Nexus, after all. But that small side of him made him wonder if he could stand a chance against ANY of them...

Vegeta finally was able to breathe normal enough to get back onto his feet. He crossed both arms over his chest before glancing to Goku first, then Nexus, "I'd personally like to see how you fair against Nexus."

Krillen rose an eyebrow, glancing around, "Does everyone feel like that?"

Gohan nodded his head, "I think it'd be cool to see."

Piccolo nodded next, "Think about it this way, you'll receive one on one training to see what you're up against."

Krillen sighed again, nervously running a hand through his hair, "Ah, man... alright... I'll spar with Nexus.." he turned his head, "Considering if Nexus doesn't kill me, I'll spar with you afterwards, Goku.."

Goku smiled widely again, his eyes gleaming in excitement, "Wow, really?? Sweet!! Cool beans, bro!"

He raises an eyebrow when Krillen turned him down. Why was he so reluctant about going against him? Remaining silent, arms crossed over his chest, he waits. Listening as the others try to talk to him, even Goku offered to spar against Krillen, which, of course, he turned down.

After a moment, Vegeta spoke up, after catching his breath, saying that he'd like to see how the smaller male fared against Nexus. Which came as a surprise not only for Krillen, but for Nexus as well. Raising an eyebrow again at this comment, he lets it go when Piccolo confirmed what Krillen asked about everyone wanting this to happen. Saying that it was a good way to see what he was going to be up against in the actual fight that was coming up.

Finally, Krillen agrees to fight him, and a smirk forms on Nexus' lips. After hearing what Krillen said, he laughs a bit. "Don't worry, I won't kill you. I promise."

He backs away, and waits for the others to give them some space. Readying himself, getting in to his usual stance.

"It's your move. You go first." He moves his fingers to show that Krillen could, as they say, 'bring it on', that same smirk still on his lips. And, of course, when Krillen does move to attack, he easily dodges, quickly counterattacking with a swift smack to the back of his shoulders and stepping away.

"Try not to bore me." He says, his eyes glittering with anticipation. "I want to have some fun before things have to get serious."

Krillen nodded to Nexus, taking a deep breath. As Nexus readied himself, Krillen's eyes sauntered over towards Goku, which seemed to make them glow slightly. The others gave them some room, moving to a safe distance allowed for sparring. Vegeta caught Krillen's look, which made his own eyes trail towards Goku. Goku watched, smiling brightly at Krillen, as if to tell the other he was proud of him.

Krillen kept Goku's gaze... like he knew a secret none of the other fighters knew, and he closed his eyes afterwards. He needed to focus.. he needed to think.. he needed to.. to..

It was a split moment later when he opened his eyes, "'Kay, then.." His power level immediately shot up as he made the first move. His leg swung, but his attention shifted towards Goku again, eyeing him to see if he was watching. Bad move. Nexus negated his attack and he felt a kick to the upper shoulders. Krillen grunted, stepping forward before spinning on the front of his foot, facing Nexus again.

Both hands clenched, Krillen rose his level even higher, trying to fill the large gap between his and Nexus' levels of power. He wouldn't win, but maybe he could stand his ground. Krillen attacked again, throwing a fist at Nexus, only to be side-stepped. He immediately brought up a knee, hoping to catch Nexus off guard.