Disappointing Yaoi Anime

glesh

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi is one of those mangas/anime you watch and you just want to pound the seme into the dirt and scream "You're DOING IT WRONG!" because he's scaring the guy. Constantly insisting he's in love with the guy while treating him pretty violently (also, the kissing is just bizarre!) and driving his uke away. Basically, this guy seems to treat everyone like shit. *ugh*

Also, sorry, that best friend from college he used to screw/mess around with who is now the supervisor who just KEEPS HANGING AROUND drives me BONKERS. I was glad when the mangaka introduced a boyfriend with a daughter (though that story isn't well developed, pretty much just "HEY, here's YOUR DUDE, CLIMB ABOARD!" and we have no idea who is who in THAT relationship, though I guess the Bear is a former uke, now seke.

And though it takes forever, the uke finally develops a spine and begins to drive the seme nuts back. I particularly love when the uke is surrounded by others who are interested in him (fiancee', other men, etc.) and the seme realizes that if he doesn't really get his shit together and start treating his little uke better the guy is going to become completely disgusted with him and walk away with one of them. Although the uke is a bit annoying, too. Basically this whole series is annoying people, kissing badly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glesh

• TibberB

• Virdian*

• RueRyuzaki3110

Likely going to hear a lot, but Sex Pistols. It's such an amazing idea, but it's squandered. The little monkey guy (returner to ancestry) is annoying as all Hell (he wasn't quite as annoying in the manga - but the stupid, screeching uke is the absolutely most annoying uke on the planet) and kinda creepy looking. The semes are pretty much all assholes (okay, the doctor isn't too bad).

Mostly, I just felt like it was such an amazing concept and it was a blown opportunity (the English translations are confusing as hell, which makes it all that much more onerous). The Bear story was the best and even that was ripped to hell by rape.

• 2 weeks later...
Likely going to hear a lot, but Sex Pistols. It's such an amazing idea, but it's squandered. The little monkey guy (returner to ancestry) is annoying as all Hell (he wasn't quite as annoying in the manga - but the stupid, screeching uke is the absolutely most annoying uke on the planet) and kinda creepy looking. The semes are pretty much all assholes (okay, the doctor isn't too bad).

Mostly, I just felt like it was such an amazing concept and it was a blown opportunity (the English translations are confusing as hell, which makes it all that much more onerous). The Bear story was the best and even that was ripped to hell by rape.

There's a valid reason I tend to stay away from Sex Pistols, lol.

There's a valid reason I tend to stay away from Sex Pistols, lol.

The whole Yaoi Rape theme (aka BL Rape theme) is so incredibly over-used and obnoxious!

hah, i remember coming across this one anime blind... i think the titles was something like "papa kiss ????"

yeah the title should have been a warning sign but i thought to my naivety that it might be a single father themed type of love story. well it was a father love story all right..... onion12

• 1 month later...

I haven't watched much Bl anime, bc I mainly binge read BL manga, but here are is of the BL anime I watched:

Okane Ga Nai: I don't have problem with those dark stories that include rape and stuff like that, but the way the attitude of the characters...ugh. I know some ppl who hate this anime/manga, hate the uke, but tbh I feel sorry for him.

Also I don't like the artstyle the proportions are just NOPE.

Junjou Romantica: I don't have problems with average yaoi, but I felt so indifferent towards all the pairing but Miyagi x Shinobu, it's not like I think it's the best pairing ever, just that that's only one I kinda liked out of the three.

I couldn't get into the main couple, I felt it was too cheesy, and not type either...Nowaki and Hiroki was kinda exhausting to watch, it seemed like the fights were constant and I didn't like the characters.

Again, I didn't like the artstlye either.

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (is that how you write it??): Similar to JR: not into the main couple and I can't stand how they kept streching the whole confession thing. I found the pairing of the editor and the mangaka guy to be insanely boring. I kind of liked the couple of the other editor and the guy from the bookstore, but just like the Miyagi x Shinobu pairing from JR: nothing to write home about.

Yuri on Ice: I don't buy the "it's an sports anime", bc I have watched and read enough enough sports anime to see who was this anime appealing for...but if I had to rant about this I would write like 10 paragraphs.

Anyway, I disliked the MC a lot, and Victor's personality was so...inconsistent. I have more complains, but I wouldn't be able to stop if I continue.