Rape in yaoi... Your opinion?

Rei

Not my thing. It happens so many times in fanfictions and manga that it's common to see. I prefer the consensual bits, much more cute and loving.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• Jin.

• SamuraiSx

• Scarfhime

Top Posters In This Topic

I even forgot that there was a rape scene in Koisuru Boukun. That one didn't really feel like a rape to me since Tatsumi was actually looking for an excuse.

I do enjoy rough stuff, but rape is out of question. Of course I did read/watch some manga/anime involving rape, but now I just drop them.

This whole thread is rape for my eyes, rape is not for your enjoyment, pleasure and fantasies. I don't get it why people enjoy rape even though it's fiction, still.

I understand one thing is that: The mangakas draw their mangas so horribly, wrong and just plain wrong. I don't think a person would literally blush and yell in pleasure when getting raped but in manga it is so and I think they display rape lesser violent and abusive. RAPE IS VIOLENT AND ABUSIVE.

Real life: Rape isn't pleasurable, rape destroys the victim's life, the victim ends up with depression, PTSD, anxiety, and more.

Yaoi/OR JUST GENERAL ANIME/MANGA: Rape is pleasurable! the bottom/victim likes it, ends up in love with the rapist and has a happy life afterwards with the rapist! The end.

Rape = a traumatising event, (You know what a traumatising event is like? watching your best friend getting slaughtered before your eyes, or raped and if you still enjoy that... I suggest you to visit a doctor.) someone who has traumas, experienced traumatising events are people who most likely end up sick in their heads, aka, disorders.

So the rape as shown in most manga's is plain disgusting because that's not how rape should be displayed.

Google some victim's stories up and you'll probably think differently.

well, i think my opinion of rape in manga normally depends on what led to it, but normally i enjoy it and think it's quite hot

rape's fine.

i actually like some mangas because of the rape scene..

i chose to appreciate the author who can make these scenes.

of course i also set limitations.. the ART MUST BE good... otherwise, RAPE or not, i won't bother reading it..

• 1 month later...

I like rape in yaoi make me feel excite ...But i have to like the characters and the plot first and the seme have to loves the uke.Yes, i think a good rape in yaoi is hot.

• 4 weeks later...

At first I was okay with it. I find them hot and appealing. But as I grew older, I realized that reading materials influence people's way of thinking consciously or subconsciously and it made me sad that the rampant of rape scenes in these mangas would somehow lighten rape in our minds. I don't judge people who like them in fiction, we all have our personal tastes. I just want people to still be aware of the effects of rape to the victim.

• 2 weeks later...

I need just to add. - Rape in YAOI is different from Rape as Rape. You need to differate things.

Without Rape in YAOI, uke mostly NEVER acknowledge love for same sex.

those aren't girls. rape in shoujo and hetero isn't ok that's all.

BUT YAOI + RAPE = GOOD JOB~

I am not talking about gore. All kinds of acts appeal as 'RAPE'.

Rape as violent behaviour without feelings, I also don't support in most cases. *O*

But Rape out of feelings and acctually not that rape but making love with stubborn to confess feelings uke ... that's yummy :3

also personally BDSM and rape are my things

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know why I'm surprised there are people who like rape in yaoi considering it's in almost every. single. inexplicably. popular series.

Even if it's fictional it still influences people's mindsets. Can you imagine how painful it would be if a rape victim read these comments about how it's "so hot"???

I think rape is only okay if it's portrayed NEGATIVELY. BECAUSE RAPE IS TRAUMATIZING AND DISGUSTING AND NOT AN ACT OF LOVE.

Rape ≠ healthy relationship.

Rape = possible plot device

So basically if the uke is raped by the villain and the seme comforts him and that's how they fall in love it's fine. Or like in Love Stage if it's just sexual harassment the seme has to regret forcing the uke and apologize to him like a good human being.

That said, consensual rough play/BDSM is still hot (I can't imagine Shizaya otherwise)

I've seen a lot of yaoi with rape scenes. And some of those stories I actually like - except, probably, the rape.

Yeah... I don't like the rape scenes at all. I mean, I don't mind some rough sex scenes (I actually think that's hot), but it has to be consensual. If not, it's just sickening and depressive.

Oh, and another thing... if a victim is actually enjoying it (which is typical in manga/anime with the so called rape scenes), then it's no rape scene at all - just a uke being stubborn.

A real victim would not enjoy that! So...

Consensual sex for the win!