Rape in yaoi... Your opinion?

Rei

Enzai, The Mirage of Blaze, Boku no Sexual Harrasment, Sono Kuchibiru ni Yoru no Tsuy, Prisoner are just a few yaoi mangas/anime that r well known for their rape scenes

some ppl hate them, others are just drooling watching those scenes.

what's your opinion? r u pro or con rape scenes in yaoi?

I pesonally don't mind light rape scenes (like the one in the begining of Koisuru Boukun, where Morinaga kinda forces himself on Senpai) but I cannot stand those who r really violent and focus on the pain and fear of the one raped (like in Enzai)

for me those r disturbing and make me feel kinda depressed not my type...

• Like 3

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• Inulain

• SamuraiSx

• Scarfhime

I love rape scenes! Like the one in Viewfinder (the sadistic one from the first chapter) and the ones when Fei Long was raping Akihito... :banhbao8:

But, indeed, the scenes in Enzai, for example, were too much for me. I couldn't bring myself to enjoy when seeing those big and ugly guys raping the poor Guys. He seemed so hopeless and those who were raping him were so sardonic and pityless.

• Like 3

I really liked The Mirage of Blaze, Boku no Sexual Harrasment, Viewfinder and some other manga and anime that involve rape, but I can't say I like rape or that I find it appealing in a special way.

I think that I don't mind rape if I like the characters and the storyline. For example if I love Aishuu and suddenly Jin rapes Kaoru (he actually did it in a way...), I wouldn't mind it, cause I'd still like both of them and the story.

But if I don't like the characters and the story, then rape comes on top of it and I would reather give up reading that manga...

• Like 1

I LOVE rape in manga and anime!:7yoyo10: I find it really, really enjoyable and hot, totally apealling to me! When I think of hot yaoi scenes, the first that come to my mind are rapes and if the scene involves some hot SM "moves", then that is totally my style! :cuteonion41: But even if it implies no sadism, I will still drool over it :banhbao8:

• Like 3

I can't stand rape scenes, be them in dramas, mangas or anime. I just don't like them. Rape is a serious crime and I don't think they should include so numerous rapes in mangas. I was actually quite surprised to see how many mangas contain rape scenes. But well I see they are quite appreciated by many persons :hamtaro-005 (4):

• Like 2

at the beginning , I hate it

but after few months reading yaoi, I changed my mind , rape in yaoi is great *nosebleeding* ... I don't mind it ... haha : ))

any kind of rape is okay ... i just find it appropriate for my taste...:Red_fox11:

• Like 3

Chacha

i dont think u get it my dear friend

how do u not think the rape scenes in viewfinder or in boku no sexual harassment r hot

my friend u need to get around more

• Like 2

My sadistic streak leads me to love almost every kind of violence and torture and, of course, rape is part of it. :cuteonion9:

Still, I would divide the enjoyment and entertainment I receive from rape scenes in stages:

- I love the characters involved, the circumstances and the ambience in which the rape happens, therefore I will be happy I was born in this world. :Red_fox:

Ex.: Asami x Takaba (Viewfinder, Vol.1, Ch.1)

Escape - Kyuugou

Inariya Fusanosuke's rape scenes *.*

Sono Kuchibiru ni Yoru no Tsuyu - Fukai Youki

- I kind of like the characters but the way the scene is ilustrated and/or narrated just doesn't leave it's mark on me. Or vice-versa. I still find my fun in it, obviously, it's just not that exciting anymore.

- I dislike/despise the characters, the environment around them and the reason that led to the act, and as such I'll either think it was a waste of time; only enjoy it because the actual act and don't pay atention to the rest; or sometimes not even the rape will save the desastrous characters & plot and I will just be indiferent to it.

- In rare cases I might even hate it, but to make me go that far it would have to be really, REALLY bad. And when I say bad it's not in terms of blood or disgusting stuff.Because I love that~

It's about characterization, story line and art style that fits the atmosphere of the story in question. Even if it is a one shot (:

• Like 6

I agree with JenovaVII... there are a few factors that influence how much I like a rape scene like the characters, the way it is ilustrated, the environment, the moment in which it takes place and the atmosphere during the rape.

However, all of these must be really messed up in order for me to not enjoy the rape :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Rape is a violation and abuse in its true description.

However, I think the reason why this plot is so much used in BL because of the titillation it gives off to its target audience. Rape is definitely not for everyone.

It's not so much as the act that is the main core of the story but rather exuding power and dominance being rape as the ultimate form of putting it into application as depicted in BL stories.

When we see that happening (especially when we like the seme who does it) we automatically think it's a necessary means to an end. Sometimes the rape scenes were carried out not because the seme is just a horny bastard but rather it was just an act of desperation on his part. some uke (in their mind) is worth all the trouble. Let's also face the facts that some rape scenes were devised by the uke themselves because they like the fantasy despite the seme who actually prefer a more tender approach.

BL authors have a way of sorting out through their rape vocabulary which I think is quite extensive for the most part as far as they are concerned.

As for me, it's one thing to just read it in BL and another thing to read it on the news. These two have very different effects.

• Like 2

Hmm...

I have to admit that I never really read a Manga or watched an Anime which had hardcore rape in it...

And once again I'll admit - that I hate rape. xD

I don't feel confortable while reading or watching stuff where one of the boys is FORCED to have sex with the other or stuff like that >.

I don't know - probably I'm not naughty enough or stuff like that?

Personally I like cute scenes more ~~ ^^

So it's not my taste ~ (:

• Like 1

@ Inulain

you haven't lost anything if you haven't seen any hardcore rape scenes

the scenes in Enzai (anime and game) are pretty hard and personally I find them depressing...

I prefer cute scenes as well :leaf4:

Kekeke~

So I guess, after you confirmed me that I didn't miss anything I won't try watching those hard-core rape scenes! :)

(because I'm kind of... scared? and dishusted? (okay, not such a hard word, but I don't know any other negative words :s)

Keke~ cute scenes are always happier and more ... more.... interessting?? :p

• Like 1

I love rape scenes, and that´s all because of Enzai... I just find rape scenes so... I don´t know how to explain it, but they give to any story a nice and cool level of lemon that I love them .///. ... Hardcore rape .///. ...

But, the charcater design is a big influence to me at the moment of a rape scense.

• Like 1

My opinion about raping scenes... hmm... hard to say actually. i can stand them just because they're fiction, fiction usually doesn't make me feel anything. But in real life I don't understand why to rape someone.

Raping scenes still makes me feel uncomfortable and repressed. I think that's because I see how that victim cries and how someone touches him even he doesn't like it and/or want it. And that hurts him very much in so many ways that... huh... I can't even imagine that pain what he feels inside. Even it's just fiction. Those things happens in real life too.

But still I'm not against those scenes because they're part of the stories. I can just be without reading them if i want. But I am not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Damn I like rape scenes... maybe that's why I like Mamiya Taishin (B1&2) so much.. Because he's really easy to rape lol

I love every sex scene on yaoi. But when there is not any love like in Enzai it makes me feel like crap for the guy, but I still love the mainly sex part...

I Like Rape scenes too!...It actually makes the story intersting on my opinion.

But I Love rape scenes when the uke also loves the feeling!...XD..

So yeah!..I Like it!

• 5 weeks later...

Rape is awesome as long as it involves the uke being tied up. like handcuffed to a bed while it's in a neko costume XD

• 3 weeks later...

is not that i hate rape , its just that i like if it has some drama with it like (Mirage of Blaze and Koisuru Boukun)

about Enzai ... well , i dont like it even if there was’nt rape

My main issue with rape scenes is that generally they are so unrealistic that it might as well not even happen as a rape but as a BDSM. I do enjoy the occasional not quite consensual sex, but full blown rape including complete degradation and humiliation just for the hell of it is a total turn off. So is the unrealistic uke likes it after a bit even though in real life they'd be in so much pain there would be no pleasure. Not many of us would enjoy having something like that done totally against our will, (probably none of us) so it's unrealistic in my mind that any well rounded character would find it enjoyable outside of role play or BDSM.

• Like 1

I'm one of those who really likes rape in their yaoi...

But it shouldn't be all too violent, just tie the uke up or push him down~ Let him cry in painfilled pleasure and then come crawling back for more:msn_red_fox 10

So well... rape is a big yes :msn_red_fox 9

I think rape scenes are depending on the situation. If the uke just gets raped dispassionately it can't bode well~

But If the uke just can't admit that he actually doesn't dislike it then it's okay^^

For example the BDSM-Rape scene from Viewfinder is just... :leaf15: