*Spoiler* Togainu no Chi ending

Virdian*

Heya guys,

Yesterday, I finished the anime series of Togainu no Chi which features 12 episodes. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the anime, but there are some points which kind of "ruined" the whole anime.

And here goes a major spoiler warning; in case you haven't watched the series until the end, do not read further in this thread.

The action which completely shocked me took place in the 11th episode. Akira and Keisuke are on the way to Ossana (sry, if I misspelled the name) to flee from Toshima when they are being confronted with Il Re. He attacks Akira who tells Keisuke to flee and leave him in battle. He and Il Re have a fight where Akira gets injured, and Il Re takes upper hand, but suddenly Keisuke tries to save Akira, but is being slashed by Il Re's sword. The attack leaves a serious wound to Keisuke, and Akira tries to save him by conforting him. This was by far the most emotional scene in the whole anime because we see how much Akira really cares for Keisuke. But then, all the hopes of a yaoi fan are being crushed when Keisuke later dies because of blood loss. I was really hoping for a miracle or something to happen which saved Keisuke, but no. In a past episode, he would of almost died because of the Rain he took. Strangely somehow, the writer did not decide to save Keisuke a second time. I just didn't get the point of his death. I mean, yes, Akira realised some things about his life after Keisuke's death, but he would of have equally understood that when Keisuke was alive. The death of Keisuke was kind of pointless in my opinion. The last scenes even made me furious when I saw how "normal" things were after Keisuke's death. As if Keisuke didn't play any role in Akira's life. In the ending, Ossana tells Akira that there was a new Rain in the development in Toshima, meaning that practically nothing changed, and that would make the whole anime totally pointless and a waste. In my opinion, the ending sucks ass and destroys this well made story. Most of the fans are probably equally disappointed and mad about the end. This would even lead me saying not to recommend the anime at all.

The second thing is, that this anime is not a yaoi. There are some yaoish scenes of course but that does not make an anime a yaoi. I would rather categorize it as Shonen-ai, like Uraboku. (The latter does thankfully not have a cruel ending and ranks therefore higher on my list...)

I would love to hear some opinions of yours regarding this anime :) Did you hate the ending as much as I do or can you even understand it?

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kujaku

• Virdian*

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, wow, 5 years later~

I almost want to watch Togainu no Chi again because I honestly don't remember much of what happened there, but I do remember I was so very disappointed by it. This from the pov of someone who didn't play the games nor read the manga previously (oh, wow, there's an ongoing manga by Suguro Chayamachi). The story didn't make a whole lot of sense to me and the last few episodes were sooo rushed. In the end Togainu no Chi is pretty much an unsalted blur to me.