just to get along with the socialites of this

world but definitely not Lee. With a net

worth of 32 billion dollars the young master

of the world's largest financial conglomerate

happens to be playing the-pretend-poor act to

a certain degree which he dresses as a hobo

for just the kicks and laughs.

It was all bitches, money and cars until he

stumbled upon a guy named Irie Tsukishima.

Money isn't just the one that can make the

world go round, you see.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

CHARACTERS :

t0hr2c.png

Name: Irie Tsukishima

Personality: secretly a hopeless romantic but he

doesn't let it show since he believes it's 'a sign

of weakness', funny, easy-going, he's

kind-hearted but not to the point of being naive

Height: 5'6

Hair color: Strawberry blonde

Eye color: Light brown

but doesn't own one, the summer season

and spending it at the beach.

Dislikes: sleeping with the lights off, rooftops

(scared of heights), beer, kiwi (fruit)

Job occupation: Works at a laundry shop in the

morning and a conveniece store clerk at night.

Sexual orientation: Secretly gay

Seme/Seke/Uke: Uke

Others: He has a piercing in his tongue and a

'hakuna matata' symbol tattoo on his left hip.

He is also near-sighted but he doesn't like wearing

his prescription glasses.

Name: Lee Saiyounji-Montclaire

Personality: He loves to hang around

with ladies and booze. He's nothing loud

but he is quite funny if he wanted to.

His friends sees him as a bipolar jerk

who tends to have some sense when he's

drunk.

Height: 6'3

Hair color: Black

Eye color: Green

expensive cars.

Dislikes: Aggressive chicks.

Job occupation: None. (since he owns

a company himself.)

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual

Others: Lee is an eyeglasses freak who

had strange habits which is yet unknown

to his circle of friends.

--I'm not doing shit today. Was the firm decision that I've mandated as of today. The hangover was definitely killing it and I'm in no mood to attend a bloody meeting with old farts ranting about stocks. I love this lifestyle though I hated the responsibility coming from it. At such a young age, I was honed to do this and do that. I tend to become a robot that was tasked to do what was intended. Yet some timeline in life, I had enough and started to live my life the way I wanted it to be.

They said that when your folks tend to be the dictatorial type, their offspring's tend to rebel. And I'm a perfect example of rebellion. They were cool parents but my life was boring as hell. I've got everything I want and hated. In this superficial world where I was worship as a God, I couldn't care less.

--Money is really everything. And hell I am enjoying the heck out of it.

Groggily reaching for my glasses, I stared at the stack of papers on my desk. Signing it nonchalantly I darted my eyes at the person leaning at my door with a smug together with a woman holding a makeup set.

"Rise and shine, Bastard." Oscar said as Kyoko jabbed his side for such words. Girls, I mentally roll my eyes at their disgusting display of love and banter.

Oh. I continued to yawn as I remember the stupid bet.

It was just a silly Russian Roulette with a bet gone bad. With me as the losing end I was dared of an idiotic task. Being a person full of curiosity, I immediately accepted the dare without hearing the end of it. The mechanics was simple, I will be strip off with my money, house and well much everything I owned for a month. To spice things up, they've decided that I've dress hobo just for kicks and knacks. And of course, I was left with no choice but to agree, its not like it could kill me anyways.

And so we sealed the deal with a scrawny signature. We were quite drunk and thrashed so what do you expect with drunk guys---disaster.

If I completed the task, the Malibu Villa that was owned by Oscar will be mine. It's a thing I really wanted, the place was nice and private enough as you watch the sunset and some kind of nature shit. But Oscar, no matter how I tried to place large amounts, wouldn't sell it. Ending in such compromise, I started to let the game roll. Kyoko, Oscar's wife had started her magic on dressing me.

I stared at the mirror as the three of us laughed. A whole new level of me. A week of stubble a huge dirty jacket and loose pants. To add with all the drama, I get a gum on my fake hair. Yeah if that wasn't stupid enough they'd confiscated my glasses.

"Give me my glasses back, Oscar." I reached out my hands to a blurred man standing in front of me.

"Come on man, let's just add some twists. Don't worry it will just be like seeing things without HD." He chuckled as if it was completely normal. The crazy dude.

Placing my mobile and centurion card on the desk together with my car keys, I left my pent house. For me to keep the end of my bargain, Oscar will order his SP's to watch my every move. Stalkerish, I tell you.

I've already informed everyone that I'll be on a month vacation. Vacation my ass.

"Good luck, Lee." Kyoko cheerily bid a farewell as I stepped outside, feeling the gust of Kyoto air.

"No funny business or you'll lose the Villa. I'm keeping an eye on you Lee." I almost chuckled at his seriousness.

"Who knows you might see the love of your life during this journey." Oscar shouted at my retreating self. I just stared at the blurred city lights as I shoved a middle finger into the air.

He can have the effin' Villa, as long as the fun is solely mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gin

• Choco Berry

There is a love I reminisce,

like a seed

I've never sown.

Of lips that I am yet to kiss,

and eyes not met

my own.

Hands that wrap around my wrists,

and arms

that feel like home.

I wonder how it is I miss

these things

I've never known.

Sighing, Irie closed the book he's holding and held it close to his chest, almost being in a love struck state. He is currently alone in the convenience store and he was reading a prose and poetry book he brought with him to have him entertained in those dull moments during his shift. Love and Misadventures. He could only read these kinds of books whenever he's alone simply because he didn't want to be judged by reading such a 'girly' kind of material. Nowadays, it's unusual for a guy reading poetry about love and Irie didn't want people to judge him. He hates conflicts. Putting the book under the counter, he straightened up greeting the customer that had stormed inside the store.

It was fifteen minutes until midnight. The customers have started coming in and out of the convenience store in their own different pace; some were in a hurry that they often leave before Irie could give them their change. Some people may have all the time in their hands as they check one product in an isle after another only to buy a pack of cigarettes and a pack of gum on the counter. Observing people had been one of Irie's routine for having this kind of job, possibly had become his hobby as well. It was inevitable for his part. Not that he's complaining, though. Working in a convenience store isn't bad at all; everything is done routinely. His other job; a staff in a laundromat on the other hand, requires more energy than being a cashier in a convenience store.

Brushing his hair away from his face and tucking the few strands of it behind his ears, he looked outside. Only two minutes left before his shift ends. His co-worker Mikuo Sawada had finally arrived but is still outside finishing his smoke. Stretching his arms up, he groaned.

"Ngh! He sure is taking his time. I better pack my things."
he said to himself.

Once he had punched out his time card he swung his bag around himself before pulling the rubber ponytail off his hair and letting it down in a scruffy look. With his hair down, he could surely pass as a girl if not for his wide, sharp-looking shoulders.

"Good evening. Good work tonight."
Mikuo smiled as he entered the store.

"Thanks! Work hard, Mikuo-kun. Oh and I bought myself some apples. I left the money on the counter."
Irie said before waving goodbye.

Small talks like these are the most awkward ones, for Irie. He wished he could have had longer conversations with Mikuo since he had taken a liking to the tall, quiet man but it seems hopeless. The guy is straight and even has a girlfriend.

On his way home, the words from the book he was reading earlier lingered inside him. He began to walk slowly, as slow as how he ate the apple on his right hand.

"
I wonder how it is I miss these things I've never known."
he whispered to himself and was followed by a deep sigh. He sure is a hopeless romantic for even pondering on such thoughts.

Irie is in fact, gay. His family didn't know anything about his preferences. He's quite sure they won't mind as well-- or won't care at all. He had previous boyfriends, three in total, but none of them gave him the 'special feeling' that he wanted in a relationship. Sure the sex was great but they weren't enough. They lacked something and Irie couldn't quite put his finger on it. Maybe they were all predictable. So as much as possible, he kept his orientation discreet and hidden away from the judging eyes of the public.

Approaching his direction is a tall, shabby man that took his attention. He slightly tilted his head and realized it was a homeless person. Irie wasn't too good with strangers but he is a generally kind person. He paused from walking and fumbled through his bag, fishing the other apple he bought.

"Excuse me"
he said, his voice slightly shying away, handing the apple.
"Here. This is for you to eat. It's clean so don't worry."
He was hoping the man would take it or it'll be utterly embarrassing for him for even bothering.

[table=class: Outer_border, align: Center]

[tr]

[td]

"ᴹᴼᴺᴱʸ ᶜᴬᴺ'ᵀ ᴮᵁʸ ᴴᴬᴾᴾᴵᴺᴱˢˢ⋅⋅⋅ᴮᵁᵀ ᴵ'ᴰ ᴹᵁᶜᴴ ᴿᴬᵀᴴᴱᴿ ᶜᴿʸ ᴵᴺ ᴬ ᴹᴬᴺˢᴵᴼᴺ⋅"

ᴵ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴵ ᴴᴬᴰ ᴵᵀ ᴮᴬᴰ⋅

ʸᴱˢ, ˢᵁᶜᴴ ᴬ ᴳᴼᴼᴰ ᴸᴵᶠᴱˢᵀʸᴸᴱ ᵂᴬˢ ᴼᴺᴱ ᴼᶠ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴾᴱᴿᴷˢ ᴼᶠ ᴮᴱᴵᴺᴳ ᴿᴵᶜᴴ⋅

ᵂᴱᴬᴸᵀᴴ ᶜᴬᴺ ᴱᴬᴿᴺ ʸᴼᵁ ᴳᴼᴼᴰ ᶠᴼᴿᵀᵁᴺᴱ, ᴵ ᴹᵁˢᵀ ˢᴬʸ⋅

ᴳᴼᴼᴰ ᶠᴿᴵᴱᴺᴰˢ﹖ ᴾᴿᴼᴮᴬᴮᴸʸ⋅

ᶠᴬᴹᴵᴸʸ﹖ ᴮᴬᴿᴱᴸʸ⋅

love﹖

⋅⋅⋅ᴺᴼᴺ⁻ˢᴱᴺˢᴱ⋅ ˢᴵᴺᶜᴱ ᴬᵀ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴱᴺᴰ ᴼᶠ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴰᴬʸ, ᴵᵀ'ˢ ᴬᴸᴸ ᴬᴮᴼᵁᵀ ᴹᴼᴺᴱʸ⋅⋅⋅

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Lee smirked at the thoughts that conjured in his head. Before this whole ploy, he was on a pedestal and everyone adores him. Well, not completely this time. It was obvious, clear as day, that people are evading him like a plague. Who was he kidding? No one loves to hug a homeless man nor even dared converse with them. He felt dirtier than the one with a leprosy. Truth always hurts like a bitch and this is why money plays a vital role in this society.

Oscar might be teaching him something with this bet but this lesson had played quite a drastic turn. A lopsided smile perched on his mouth as he experience the thrill of being poor. Call him strange, but this was no bravado since Lee loves the excitement of doing strange things. He could help the person or people who helped him in this lame journey. He could give them mansion, resort, Money or even one of his prized possessions. At least he'd something to await at the end of this bargain. Definitely an undercover boss gone wrong.

The wealthy tycoon was good as blind, without his glasses, everything was completely blurry. Lee had apologized to numerous people he'd bump unintentionally. APOLOGY wasn't the thing he's used to, the words seemed foreign. Had he not remembered his own voice he could completely conclude it was a different man.

He glared at the direction of the SP's Oscar hired. They immediately scooted away at the dark alleyways. Damn, even his hunger had manifested his emotions. Famished he leaned at the tree in front of a convenient store as he impatiently tapped his foot. Undesirable thoughts caught his mind; like stealing. He was no idiot and Lee decided to shove the idea immediately.

"Fuck."
His stomach growled. It wasn't used to hunger since it's used to eating thrice a day, hell, even six times a day.

His pride wouldn't do good at this industry and he needed to eat. To hell with mendicancy! Even the beggars knew how to ask for food, he can do it expertly, Lee thought.

Before he could start doing such it's as if God was always in his favor as a young man offered him an apple.

"Excuse me"

"Here. This is for you to eat. It's clean so don't worry."

Dumbstruck, Lee grab the apple while looking at the man who offered him food. It wasn't really what he'd plan eating but it's good than nothing. The guy was from the convenience store and he was completely an angel in disguise. He couldn't quite see his face but the guy had a strawberry blonde hair.

"Thanks."
He chirped like a kid as he munched the poor apple in an unsophisticated manner like he was not used to.

Lee instantly finished the fruit for nearly thirty seconds and his stomach was demanding for more now that it had tasted some food. He wasn't a growing boy but his appetite could rival of a Sumo wrestler. Richly verdant emerald eyes stared at the blurred figure in front of him. Never had he prayed this sincerely, Lee hoped his wiles would work. The guy should give him want so they can get this over and done.

"Do you still have another one?"
For a beggar he sure was demanding. Of course, Lee Saiyounji-Montclaire definitely doesn't do begging.

--He'll be damned, this bet is sure worse than hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Irie watched in wonder as the homeless man attacked the helpless apple to its core like a deprived, hungry animal starved from food. He felt a pang of pity for the man. His build doesn't scream 'beggar' all over and in all honesty, he seems healthy albeit those dirty clothes on him.

"Do you still have another one? "

And he has guts to ask for more! This beggar is something, he thought. Irie wasn't really thinking as he pulled out something else in his sling bag. He sighed in disbelief seeing it was just a packet of instant coffee. He held it up hesitating to give it to the man since he couldn't drink it just like that.

"Uhm..." He bit his lip, his eyes darted back and forth to the man and the packet. Then he realized they weren't too far from the convenience store. He raised a finger and sighed, stuffing the coffee packet back to his bag. "Wait here."

Dismissing himself for a while, he rushed back into the convenience store hearing the all too familiar greeting coming from the clerk in charge.

"You came back! Forgot something? Your goodbye kiss, maybe?" The clerk behind the cashier counter grinned, leaning half of his body forward. Irie knew the man was only joking knowing for the fact that he has a girlfriend although that remark made his poor heart flinch in both excitement and fear at the same time. He would not give in to that temptation on being stupid just for a fling. Maybe it's too obvious for Mikuo that he has a crush on him-- he always gives that impression whenever he likes someone.

Irie shook his head in disbelief.

"Uhm, no. I just realized I want some coffee on my way home."

With that, he walked towards the vending machine, dispensed two warm coffees then grabbed three packs of melon bread. When done, he paid for the breads at the counter where a pair of hopeful eyes met his.

"What?" Irie asked, trying his best to hide his blush.

"Nothing. I just think you look nice when your hair is down like that. You could really pass as a girl, you know." Mikuo said with a smirk playing on his lips as he punched in the purchases.

Irie didn't know whether he is to blush or to be insulted with the other's words. He is more hurt than pleased that's for sure.

"And so you hit on me just because of my effeminate features?" He asked just to confirm himself.

Mikuo shrugged with a smug face. "I guess you could say that. That's ¥1,000 for the breads."

He's the worst...

Inhaling a sharp breath, Irie slammed a few coins and three discount coupons on the cold aluminum counter. Just as cold as Mikuo's heart, he thought.

"Cheap deal for a cheapskate like you." He feigned a smirk before grabbing the plastic bag. "See ya."

He could only change his facial expression as soon as he was outside. He walked back to where the homeless man was waiting and handed him two packs of bread and a can of warm coffee, not caring if he was sobbing painfully at the moment.

"Sorry it took a while. Here. I know you're hungry. Eat up, sir." He took his share and walked towards a nearby bench and there he sat and ate his dinner.

"Great... I should have brought myself beer instead of coffee. Now I'll be up all night thinking about how stupid I am for..." He stopped before chugging the coffee forgetting that it's still warm that burned his tongue and throat that made him exclaim in pain.

"Oh god, I hate this..."

He didn't want to break down and cry like a kid whom had his candy taken away from him in front of this stranger but that's what he's doing.

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm really sorry. I'll shut up now." He wiped the beads of tears with the back of his hands but they seem to refuse to stop coming out. He looks a lot more pathetic than the homeless man next to him. Pathetic and shameless to be exact.

Appraised by the strangers gaze, Lee fumbled his tattered clothes; hoping that the guy wouldn't recognize him. He should've place some grease on that unscathed face of his. The stubble might not suffice for such disguise; It's not that he'd consider it a dead giveaway per se.

Lee's boldness held no bounds as he seemed to be the cause that the young lad had gone to the convenience store again. He wanted to stop the boy but he just sped his way towards the shop leaving a surprised Lee outside the store. There's seemingly a lot of firsts in this escapade. No one dared to order him to wait not until now. A smile tug at his lips as his eyes stalked at the blurred guy who's fussing inside the convenience store.

Without the usual bluetooth device attached to his left ear, the pesky secretaries who doesn't leave the hell out of him or the old farts who pretends to act civil in a meeting despite their heated gazes towards each other. Lee was completely idle for the first time. The guy wasn't so sure if it was a good thing or not. It's as if his stocks were plummeting or worse his officer in charge had signed wrong contracts. Oh God, even at this demise he's sure thinking about his work. Who could blame the poor guy? He sure was a business man at heart.

Tapping a patient foot at the concrete floors, his eyes surveyed at his surroundings. Though Kyoto was crowded he felt the crowd was more fleeting. Lively yet somewhat robotic. He couldn't explain what he was observing though he sure was hell it's nothing like Las Vegas or New York. A quarter of Japanese blood might flow through his system yet Lee felt nothing close to a homey feeling. Heck he couldn't even write Hiragana for the sake of his communication. A decent Nihongo would do good with a dose of weird accent would definitely save him.

Immediately snapping from his thoughts, he was greeted by the guy who hurriedly passed him some food. His head tilted slightly as he couldn't see through the blurred features of the latter's face. His voice was shaky and obviously far from normal, Lee so thought. His curiosity might be diverted by a coffee can and two bread that he'd devoured almost immediately but he couldn't quite eat them while hearing heart wrenching sobs from the other party.

In a creepy like manner he leaned closely, too close for a personal space, to get a closer look at the boys facade. He looked so delicate and regal that tears felt perfect on his face in a twisted kind of way. Lee categorized the poor boy as the type who seemed to be easily bullied. He crumpled the empty can and throw his thrash away as he focused back to the guy. Surely in the business world, a kind of guy like him wouldn't survive.

Rubbing his hands at his shabby outfit he immediately reached for the guys face and wiped his tears. Lee's fingers brushed to the strangers tear-stroked face igniting a weird feeling through him.

"Hush, it's gonna be okay."
In a none creepy tone he instigated as his eyes greeted a wave of glassy chocolate orbs.

Even in a hobo form he sure was addressed as 'sir,' the guy was completely a saint. His kindness was oozing as Lee felt he wasn't to be tainted with such tears. Then again, he looked cute while crying.

"As a sign of appreciation for your benevolent act you can still confide your problems with me but with your convenience of course."
He babbled as he comfortably leaned at the bench beside the guy.

Lee wasn't usually that chatty and cheery but when it comes to the angel-looking guy--everything sure is different.

[table=width: 500, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

Mikuo sure knows how to play with his feelings and it's just cruel. Irie was a little out of it, letting his poor heart heal itself by crying it out but he didn't expect the homeless man to lean in closer-- to invade his personal space. He was slightly caught off guard and that he could only lean backwards. The blonde also didn't have the best eyesight as he himself wears prescription glasses when at home but he could clearly see the other male's features up close. He sure is handsome, he thought.

Irie gasped in utter surprise when the homeless man finally closed the gap between them and reached to wipe away his tears. What is this man doing exactly? Leaning in close and consoling this poor young man whom he just met in the street. Maybe the guy was just being friendly and thankful enough for the food he gave him but then when he spoke, he could hear the sincerity and kindness of the man through his words. Words that sounded a little weird because of a certain accent the homeless man have. What the man said after slightly threw him off as his words sounded a little formal. Too formal, he thought.

He tried to pull a smile but he could only hold it for a few seconds as it was quickly wiped away, turning to a frown. He looked away to hide his shameless weakness.

"It's just a sob story of my own pathetic crush with this guy..." He said, rubbing the back of his neck shyly.

"I know it's... Weird. Me crushing on a guy. A straight guy with a girlfriend no less... I don't know what came over him but he teased me a bit back there and then I thought... I thought I'd finally have a chance. Like... He finally noticed my feelings. Finally."

He clutched both his hands and hung his head low, hair draped over his face. Yet again, beads of tears dripped down on the cold ground.

"It was just false hope. And I'm so stupid for holding onto something that would never really happen... I'm just the gay friend whose feelings get toyed at and no one would care." [/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

It's always been a given, Montclaire was a good listener than a talker. His eyes searched for the other's expression carefully, sincerely listening to the guy who was pouring his emotions to a stranger, more or less a hobo. It's as if Lee's treading in deep waters knowing that the guy was so sensitive. Doesn't he have friends to confide with?

Lee couldn't just blurt out thoughts yet he wasn't the type to sugarcoat. He was best known to his circle of friends as Advice Mallard. Lee was so good at advising people ranging from critical financial errors down to your daily dose of heartaches. This ability was best adhered to when he's in the mercy of an alcohol.

"There's this only one tip I could give you in falling in love properly."
Lee politely interjected as he stretched his arms.

He suddenly turned his head to the guy with the intent of displaying something close to a smolder. Like hell he knew he pulled that off but it was obvious that he intended to look serious with the matter.
"DONT."
Lee pointed his index finger upwards as he shook his head.

That was his mantra while surviving 26 years in a harsh environment. Montclaire steer clear from conniving bitches and gold-diggers; falling for their trap was never an option. Sure he wasn't a saint and wasn't into celibacy but there are certain ways for pleasure and sex without the risk of putting a Harry Winston ring on someone else's hand.

"People turn foolish when they love and you know what society do to foolish people? They discard them---render them useless."
His tone was rather harsh as he'd remember something behind the gears turning inside his head.

"Yet no matter how we detach ourselves from emotions, the ability to fall in love will always be etched in our souls. People change, things go wrong. Shit happens but life goes on. Just move on, pal."
He lightly tapped the guy's shoulder at least giving him something close to sympathy yet far from pity.

Giving shitty advice to people always make his head hurt. Damn, he could add love consultation to his business, he thought. He could make money out of it, not that it was needed though.

--Best way not to get your heart broken, is pretend you don't have one...
Lee wanted to add but the stranger couldn't even refrain from crying how much more on trying to be heartless.

There's no need to create another monster, he so thought...

"There's this only one tip I could give you in falling in love properly. DON'T."

Irie could only choke from the older man's advice. It was a harsh advice but come to think of it. He had been hurt so many times now that he had lost count. Irie grimaced on that fact. How could he fall in love so many times? How could he be that stupid? And most of all, never learn?! He wished he could have kicked himself now, finally realizing all these. What's worse, these matter-of-facts are actually coming from a stranger; a homeless man nonetheless. He briefly looked up at the male as he continued to listen.

"They discard them---render them useless."

A small smile crept at the corners of his lips and suddenly bursted out a laugh upon hearing more of the man's words; his head tossed back causing his hair to slightly flip backwards as he held his stomach with an arm. But it wasn't a joyful laugh.

"Truer words have never been spoken. I can easily relate to that, sir." Irie said, his loud laugh fading into a chuckle, then silence. The blond had wiped off his tears with the back of his hands and had calmed himself now. Thanks to this stranger, he could have never felt better. No one could be here with him except the man and this homeless person is kind and understanding enough to heed his situation. He didn't judge him or anything like that which is always great.

"Yet no matter how we detach ourselves from emotions, the ability to fall in love will always be etched in our souls. People change, things go wrong. Shit happens but life goes on. Just move on, pal."

Sighing deeply from the pat on the back, he turned his head to face the guy giving him a gentle smile. These words are exactly what he needed. He bit his lips as he tried to think of something to say but he couldn't think of anything better to say than a simple gratitude.

"Thank you... " he said softly. "I've realized I've been foolish... Falling in love with the wrong people." He clasped his hands together as he looked up at the dark sky above them. He fell silent for a moment as if analyzing, thinking of the right words to say before inhaling deeply.

"But you can't really say they're the wrong people if you don't give them a chance. I guess... I guess I'll just have to be mature enough to accept if those people had a change of heart and eventually leave my life. Like you said, move on. But it's really my fault. I've been stupid enough to fall for a straight guy with a girlfriend. That's just... Idiotic of me. There's no valid excuse for that. Stupid, Irie." He said, cupping his blushing face with both his hands.

Certainly, when the blond guy laughed, it didn't reached his eyes. He might be laughing or enjoying these lame love consultations of Lee but in the end of the day he's still heart broken. There were no words left to speak for Lee. Advises are exquisite when applied but it could be a shit when denied.

"But you can't really say they're the wrong people if you don't give them a chance. I guess... I guess I'll just have to be mature enough to accept if those people had a change of heart and eventually leave my life. Like you said, move on. But it's really my fault. I've been stupid enough to fall for a straight guy with a girlfriend. That's just... Idiotic of me. There's no valid excuse for that. Stupid, Irie."

The guy was obviously a hopeless romantic with those clasping, blushing and sighing he was performing. Though Lee didn't paid much attention to the fact that the blonde guy was gay. It was never an issue, he thought. Let's be honest, in his social circle there were lot's of people batting for the same team. Even those people who were married dared to have their own fair share of taboos.

But that's not his problem, heck, the hell he even cared.

Irie, was that his name or not? Japanese tend to have their last names mentioned first? Lee tilted his head out of confusion as he felt some sort of a headache brewing in his head. Drama king aside, how the hell did he concern himself with someone he just met? The whole consultation crap was purely business, knowing that the Irie guy did feed his famished state. But why did Lee felt concerned, like Irie deserved more than a pat to the back...

And let's not forget that the guy give's random chances like giving free Kleenex tissues. That's were he's wrong. He should let his guard up, build a fortress around his heart. It's true that a human heart has the capability and defenses to take a risk but there's just so much it could take. Love wasn't just the mix inside the recipe bowl, there's lot's of factors hence it's best to build something concrete around.

"Feelings are overrated,"
Lee sighed as he gaze at nothing in particular.

Saiyounji wasn't capable of feeding his heart with all that love shit. He was never hurt and he felt no need to seek for a healthy relationship. He was not a man for relationship goals. If he was even at gunpoint; he would immediately chose lust over love. What's the point of loving, it will obviously ran out. It might be a stupid thought but that stupid thought led him for about twenty-six years of happiness. Less all the drama of course.

The blond had his lips twisted in a displeased manner. He knew this is entirely caused by his own naivety. He had been stupid all his life all just for love. This man beside him speaks the truest words and he cannot deny that he's talking some sense into him. Irie, since college, had been a pile of helpless mush when it comes to relationships. He had experienced probably different kinds of them and, as obvious as how they turned out, were all a failure. And frankly, he's tired of his own mess. It's no surprise that this homeless man can't say anything more than a simple pat on the back because it's pathetic. It's about time he does something about it. He took a sharp breath and finally stood up, patting his lap with both hands as he did and grinned at the older male.

"I gotta go. Thanks for listening to my sob story. I apologize for it as well." He said.

Irie fished out his phone from his bag and turned away from the man before dialling his boss' number. What had happened today might have been fate's 'push' for him to finally quit his job at the convenience store. If he were to forget his pathetic crush on this guy, the best thing he could do is either ignore his feelings or leave the place. Best choice he has now is the latter. He had wanted to quit that job after all. He didn't finish getting his degree in*graphics and design to be just a convenience store clerk. He better check the companies nearby if they're hiring and in need of graphic designers.

His boss wasn't picking up. Giving up for now, he hung up. Turning his head once more to look back at the homeless person, he gave a grateful smile before bowing his head slightly.

"For a stranger, you're quite generous with your words. I appreciate it. I'll be on my way now. Good bye." He said.

He really did mean it as he took the other's advice to heart. The hobo seems to have his senses a lot more stable and concrete than him which was really embarrassing.

Walking away, he wondered when he'll meet the man again. He stomped his feet afterwards and slapped his forehead, laughing out.

"Damn it, Irie. Get a hold of your head!" He chuckled and shook his head in disbelief, continuing his way home.

"I gotta go. Thanks for listening to my sob story. I apologize for it as well."

Hearing those words coming from the stranger's mouth, Lee couldn't help but feel disappointed. Disappointed, that his only company would leave him there. He was quite entertained by talking to someone and that's a first knowing that he usually likes to be a wallflower despite his status. He was not a strong conversationalist but the blonde male made him talk quite a normal person. Actually, that's what he's tad happy about knowing that Lee was somewhat labeled as weird by his circle of friends.

The young CEO had certainly wished that the blond dude should stay for a bit and talk about something. And that's strange knowing that he likes being alone. Heaving a sigh he stared at the guy who had his brows creased while talking to someone on the phone. He looks worried but that's another tale to ask from him and Lee doesn't want to delay him. He patted himself as a sign of reassurance that it's gonna be okay staying at the streets for this month.

It's not something Lee's looking forward to but if it's something that can quench his curiosity then so be it. He'd always wondered how people living in the slums survive. Even with their harsh life they can even smile with their hearts content. Unlike him, obviously, who's sometimes stressed with all the decisions to govern his empire. Not like he's a guy with a stick in his ass, but a problem sure is a problem.

"For a stranger, you're quite generous with your words. I appreciate it. I'll be on my way now. Good bye." He said.

He smiled wryly at the stranger's words, how ironic Lee thought. Being generous was the last thing left to describe him. Knowing that there's a lot of harrowing involved inside his company; with him leading all these mishaps of course.

As he'd seen the stranger's retreating back Lee started to settle at the little shed at the left side of the park. It is an area where people stay when it's raining; concrete and basically cold. Since it was night time and almost empty he decided to take refuge in it just for a day. There's still the presence of Oscar's SP but he was too tired to shoo them off. Wishing that the police won't bother a poor man like him while sleeping he slowly closed his eyelids and heave a sigh.

--and I haven't got his name...
He sighed and shook his head out of dismay. That thought only appears in his head when he'd fancied someone. A girl perhaps. Yet this time it was a boy---quite bizarre, Lee mused.

• 3 weeks later...

[tr]

[td]

Irie was in deep thoughts that night. After talking with that homeless guy, he realized his life should not depend on such thing as love alone. Feelings are overrated, the man said. One can be just a cause of curiosity, and one can show one's weakness. It was the latter that took over most of Irie's life. A sad truth.

He got into his apartment and got the warm water ready for his bath. For a moment, he thought about the homeless person and felt sad for him. Sad because one person who actually has his sane mind together is currently homeless while Irie himself is safe and secure with warm water to bathe to despite the emotional and probably mental mess he's in. He couldn't help but feel a little guilty.

His thoughts drifted back from few minutes ago as he was sitting at a park bench beside the homeless person. For the record, the hobo didn't sound like a native at all. His tongue rolls beautifully from his Nihongo, albeit not perfect. It reminds him on how tourists, especially Americans and most of the Caucasian people speak with an accent. The place where they sat was a little dark so he didn't get to see much of the stranger's face but he sure would remember his voice if given the chance that they would meet again. It would be nice if that happens.

As he waited for the bath water to warm up, he took his laptop out and checked his mails and browsed the internet before rapidly typing:

Job openings for Graphic Designers

Of course he had entered a very vague keyword and it wasn't too specific with the location but right there in the second line of the results page indicated that there is a job opening, to his luck, just within the vicinity.

Montclair-Saiyounji Corp. is currently in need of 3 Graphic Designers, for IMMEDIATE HIRING.... See more...

Irie perked up, immediately clicking the link that lead him to a very sophisticated web page.

"Well what do you expect from a high-profile corporation. Oh god, Irie... Are you really sure about this?" He mumbled to himself.

It would be his first time applying for a job in such a company and he couldn't help but get...scared. Well, for one, Irie gets all shy and awkward to people who wear suit and tie. He finds it very attractive at the same time intimidating. After browsing through the web page, he found the link on where he should submit his CV and other details. He sighed in relief seeing it wasn't too complicated as he thought it would be at all.

"Alright.. I'm going to send my sample works, CV and 'if accepted, please be presentable for the interview'... I think I can at least do that."

Grabbing a pen and paper, he took down the address and the contact person before sending out the documents needed via e-mail. Taking a deep breath, Irie stood up and grabbed his hair with both hands. Now is the time to get things done and there shall be no turning back. He would just have to wait for the people at Montclair call him back, go to the interview and hopefully gets accepted.

"Alright. I'm going to sleep early tonight just in case they call me first thing in the morning. Ah, but first, bath."

The next morning, Irie got woken up by a call from none other than the Montclair company itself.

"Yes? Yes. Uh-huh. Yes. Okay. 2pm today. Yes. I'll see you soon. Thank you very much. Good bye."

It was still 9am and he have plenty of time to get ready. Walking towards his closet, he picked his white dress shirt and smiled upon seeing his black suit ensemble. The last time he wore such formal clothes was when he had to attend a friend's wedding. Who knew he could use this set of clothing for a job interview?

The blond prepared for the day. He looked dapper with the suit along with his hair down and neatly combed. He have no desire to cut it short anyway. And for the final touch, he took his glasses from the drawer and, for the longest time, he wore it once more. He barely recognized himself.

12:36 pm. He still got time to grab lunch. For a moment, his thoughts wandered once more and thought of the homeless person he left behind last night. He probably hasn't eaten breakfast yet.

"I wonder if he's still at the park... Hopefully I'll bump into him and treat him to lunch." He smiled to himself before picking his things, locking his front door and walking off.

For once, Irie is feeling great about this 'new start'. He could never thank the hobo enough for making him realize such things but he can always treat the person for lunch as a sign of gratitude.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Birds chirping were the sounds that he heard as he slowly open his eyelids. Lee felt numb all over his body. He was obviously not used to sleeping at a cold concrete bench. Now that he'd remember, Lee missed the comfort of his every trustworthy bed. So comfortable... So warm...

"Even when you're at an uncomfortable place, you still wake up late." He almost jerked at his spot as he saw Oscar sporting a huge grin while embracing Kyoko.

"What are you doing in here?"
Not really dumbfounded he yawn and stretched his arms.

"I miss my bromance, dude." Oscar joked and ruffled Lee's hair causing him to furrow his brows tightly. His friend is sure as weird as ever. He even wondered what Kyoko saw in him; he's completely nuts.

The three of them sat down as Oscar handed Lee his usual cup of coffee. Seeing his friend at such state made him felt pity but he felt a strong urge to laugh just seeing Lee who didn't mind all of this hardships at all.

The young corporate owner felt strange not waking up with a call from his secretary nor from his partners. In fact, he didn't mind waking up with all the chirping of the birds. He missed that----and he needed that. I guess there's something good coming out from dressing as a homeless man.

"And to help you snap with your reverie, I'm here to tell you that I've helped you with the Russian venture."

That was good news and as expected from Oscar; the guy could definitely pull a deal without him teaching the guy. Did he forgot to mention that Oscar was his Chief Financial Officer. They've been working side by side after they hit it off from college. Even in diaper days they've been close company through thick and thin.

"Thanks maan,"
Lee replied as he drink his coffee. Kyoko even handed him his favorite cheese Croissant.

They've talked mostly everything; from his experience in staying at the streets down to work related topics. Kyoko kept them together without the fighting and the constant slapping with each other's head. Even a men at their age tend to act childish and Kyoko was there to maintain the balance. Otherwise, she'll end up with two wailing kids showing each other who had bigger and better 'snakes'. And Kyoko was the last one who wanted to see that; not here in public and not even in private.

"We've done a couple of hiring even without your Authority to Hire signed," Oscar stated hoping Lee wouldn't mind his move.

"Nah, whatever man. As long as it helps the shit ran altogether."
He shrugged.

"I guess we need to leave for the preparations. Good luck with the Malibu Mansion. Hope you won't end up mugging someone just for desperation. Just remember the SP's are one shout away." Oscar snickered as he gland at the Bodyguards hiding not discreetly behind the buildings. If Lee was left with no choice and summon the SP's,not with the purpose of danger, then the Malibu Contract will be completely null and void.

"I won't"
Lee replied curtly as he shooed his friend away. He should have ask for a dollar to spent it for lunch and not with a dose of caffeine.

Mumbling a short curse, he leaned at the bench while staring at the blue skies. It's so blue, that it pissed Lee to no bounds.

[tr]

[td]

The blond male stood in a queue of a fast food restaurant for an early lunch. It's the only lunch he could afford at the moment with a little extra order for his 'friend'. He ordered two chicken sandwiches, both with fries and drinks to go. He was about to leave the place when a voice called out his name.

"Tsuki-chan!" The rather familiar voice called as Irie turned to his heel to take a look. There's only one person who called him that way and it was his friend from high school. His expression changed from rather gloomy to delight when he saw his old friend, Kenta.

"Ah. Ken-chan! It's been a long while!"

The man seemed older with his height towering the blond by a foot but Irie is actually older by two years. They were also neighbors back in Kyoto and were really good friends back then.

"Kenta, you've grown really tall. I'm really envious." He said blushing lightly.

The man grinned. He seemed proud the fact that he had surpassed his friend in such matters.

"You've always been a chibi though, Tsuki-chan."

Irie scowled and hit the man playfully on the arm. "Hey, I'm still older than you."

Kenta chuckled, placing his hand on his hip. "Kidding aside, you look dapper today. Where are you working?" He asked.

Irie waved his free hand. "I quit my convenience store job. I'm headed for an interview at Montclair Corporation. It's so weird because I only sent my resume last night and got called this morning for the graphic designer position."

"Montclair! That's a huge company! I was an intern there back then. Hey," he then leaned down attempting a whisper on Irie's ear. ".. There were rumors that the young CEO it's actually a snob kind of guy and a huge womanizer, too. But oh, you know. Almost all of the high-profile people are like that just because they have money. They can have anything they want when they want it."

Irie frowned at his friend. This news is the last thing he needed before attending his interview. "It's not like I'm directly working for the CEO... And I'm very sure he's not the one who will interview me so that doesn't matter at all."

"Eeh. Makes sense. But hey. I'm just giving you a heads up. Other than that, the company is good at handling their people. You'll like it there. Lots of hot chicks. All good-looking. Maybe you'll find yourself a girlfriend there, too!"

That's right. Kenta didn't know about his orientation at all. Irie smiled shyly and tucked a few strands of hair behind his ear. "I don't think I will. And I'll be there to work, not to find love or anything. Anyways, I have to go. I... Still have someone to meet before I go to the interview."

"Your girlfriend?"

"No. Don't be silly."

The man smiled before patting Irie's shoulder, glad he had seen his friend after such a long time. Irie looked up at him and grinned back.

"Well then. Good luck with the interview and I hope I'll see you again next time." After picking a piece of paper and scribbling his phone number on it, Kenta passed it to Irie. "Let's hang out some time in the future." He said signaling his hand to call him before disappearing through the crowd.

"He hasn't changed. Well... His looks improved ~" he chuckled before running towards the park.

Just as he expected, he saw the homeless guy sitting on the covered shed. The blond's chest felt light as he ran towards his direction, assuming the guy has just woken up.

"Hey there!"

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

*sighs. Lee apparently missed bullying his employees and exchanging sexual innuendos with his secretaries. The sensation of not having someone to flirt with or bully for that matter made his mood dampen. To be honest, he missed acting like a jerk. Just consider it one of his weird hobbies not worth mentioning; it is just basically an icing on a cake.

But being a jerk is not applicable in the situation he had; not when he is dressed as someone featured in National Geographic: poverty crisis. True to his words with Oscar, he did not need to act like some two-faced bastard who needed some extreme counseling in an asylum when he's out in the public.

Suddenly, some kid appeared and was staring at him, anticipating for Lee to grab the ball and give it to the kid. But the evil him kick the ball instead, further from where it was supposed to land.

"Nothing worth having comes easy, brat."
Scowling at the poor little fella who had beady eyes while sucking his thumb; trying to pull back the tears that were already shed.

Lee immediately fled like a criminal on a run from a crime scene as soon as he'd saw the mother on the rescue. A pout was even evident at his stoic feature; even his parents did not spoil him like that. But on the bright side, he'd managed to exercise his bullying prowess. Childish but stress relieving, Lee thought.

Resting at the bench while watching the swaying of the trees , he noticed someone approaching him. A smile graced his lips upon hearing the latter's voice. Lee stopped squinting when he saw the blurry figure of a guy a meter from him. How he wished he'd perfect eyesight just to quench his curiosity on what the guy looked like.

He merrily said, "Good day to you."

Had he done something good in his past life? All he did was grumble and say some strings of profanity and voila! A man with probably a food with him was in front of Lee. If there is really a God up there, he sure was awesome for sending an angel in disguise. Not like Lee could blabber to the stranger that he thought of him as God's messenger; that will be purely embarrassing.

Squinting his eyes again, he then realized that the guy was wearing something formal from that blurry suit he was seeing.

"Excuse me for intruding but aren't we dressed to kill?"
Lee was not the prying type but the blonde sure have something that piqued his interest.

From that distance he could entirely see that the suit hang at the blonde's body perfectly. Even when he wasn't wearing a Hugo Boss or an Armani did Lee realized that the blond was looking sharp from that suit.

"You should've place gold cuff links with that."

He suggested while eyeing the silver cuff links from the man's clothes. He might not be a fashion police material but he's proud of his fashion sense.

[tr]

[td]Irie saw that little scheme played by the homeless guy with the kid before he even called out to him. The homeless man running from the parent and the crying child made him chuckle and shake his head in disbelief. It was at the very least, adorable. He didn't approve the homeless guy bullying the kid but he found the man's childish act funny nonetheless.

As he approached the male closer, he could now see his face rather clearly now that he's wearing his prescription glasses. He couldn't even get a nice, long look at the hobo with his blurry, tear-flooded eyes last night. Tsukishima had come to a sudden realization that with a shower and a little shaving, this hobo guy would look gorgeous. He could tell by the shape of his face and those sharp, bright green eyes. Before it start to become rude, he quit staring at the man and brought one of the paper bags up in front of him.

"I have a job interview later at 2. I just came here to drop you off some lunch. It's not much but I hope it fills your stomach just fine." Irie smiled, hoping the man wouldn't find it weird that he actually bothered buying lunch and making a detour just to give him food. Irie thought the man must find him nuts with a few loose screws on his head for doing such things. For the record, Irie had done such things before when he found a lost kid a year ago. The kid asked for food, so before going to the police station, Irie had brought him something to eat as well. The blonde is quite fond of kids that's why he had worked in a daycare before. But he never knew the horror of preschool teaching brings so he had to quit that resorted him to accept the convenience store clerk position.

When the other mentioned about the cuff links, he blushed. The man sure notices such simple things. He brought his arm up and caressed the silver accessory with his fingertips.

"Yeah, but I don't want the interviewer assume I am already rich by having gold cuff links. I want to get accepted in this job so badly."

Sitting next to the man on the concrete bench, he pulled the sandwich from his bag of food and peeled off the wrapper gently.

"Junk food is bad for you but I didn't have time to cook. If I did, I would have cooked something hearty and filling like curry or fried noodles." he said before taking a bite from the chicken sandwich then turning his head to look at the homeless guy. Just to get an even closer look.

He's right. This guy sure is handsome despite his rugged, dirty facade. How he wished he could see this man clean and shaved and dressed in clean clothes but then, he couldn't just offer anyone a bath in his house, could he? One could only wish for something crazy. Irie thought he's forgetting something and in a snap, he downed his food before reaching his hand out.

"I'm sorry for not introducing myself properly first. My name is Tsukishima, Irie. I'm 25." he smiled, albeit awkward and reluctant.[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

"A job interview, I see. I wish you luck of some sort, I guess."
Lee scratched his head doubtfully.

The guy didn't even experience going on an interview nor interviewing someone for that matter. All he did was sign and sign and analyze the outputs that were given to him by the department heads of every sector. He was out of words on what to say since he does not have any clue on what to do or even behave during an interview. Heck he didn't even know what questions should come up during one. He had lots of matters to attend to and having knowledge regarding interviews does not fit his workflow.

"So what company and position are you applying?"
He queried.

From the looks of the blond, he had concluded that he'd finished college and he'd pretty decent jobs to fill with. But the question of being a convenience store clerk popped inside his mind. Did he already quit his job? He wanted to ask that question but too afraid that it might be a sore subject. In the end, he just kept his mouth shut as his green orbs observe the guy thoroughly. What gives, he's fond of observing people instead of conversing with them.

His eyes were dancing with enthusiasm as the guy handed him a sandwich. Muttering a brief thank you he before devoured the food in a matter of seconds. He almost groaned when he consumed the food; it was definitely so delicious. After eating the piece of sumptuous food, his eyes then darted at the guy pleading for more. He never had realized that he had such talents of doing the infamous puppy eyes.

But then, everything's a first when it comes to someone who was not used at such lifestyle. Lee then noticed that the guy kept staring at him but paid no attention to it. Maybe there were crumbs stuck at his beard of even his face, man, that was embarrassing. The corporate owner was even touched when the stranger had took quite serious attention at his food consumption. The guy could even take any junk food if he wanted to since he was not even a health freak despite his vast richness. Eating Cheetos was his one of his guilty pleasures, he added.

When the stranger introduced his name, Lee felt happy. Now he can finally put a name to that face and not the other way around.

"Tsukishima-san, it's a pleasure to meet you. You can call me Lee." Lee grabbed the latter's hand and shook it firmly.

---Irie Tsukishima...what a nice name.

[tr]

[td]

Irie's thoughts were slightly lost in those sharp green eyes. If only the guy was in much cleaner, decent clothes.... And shaven beard, but oh well, beards are nice too... And sexy in some way--

"Oh! Well... Thank you! It's actually my first time applying to such huge company."

The blond lowered his head to hide his embarrassment by such fact. He knows and admits to himself that he's the kind of person who would only do a huge leap of a decision when someone or something gave him a push. And this fellow here did just about that. Quitting for his hopeless condition on his one-sided infatuation over Mikuo. Which reminds him, he still have to call the manager of the convenience store for a formal resignation once he gets this job.

The blond smiled and turned his head towards the man who just started devouring the food he gave him. It gave him a sense of fulfillment that he can help a distressed person even in small ways.

So his name is Lee. What a rare name; he didn't think it was a Japanese name, he thought as he held the man's hand gently. His hand is surprisingly soft albeit large, manly ones. No calluses whatsoever that one would expect on a homeless person. And his skin... Irie noted the man's soft looking skin that peeked underneath those wretched clothes. It doesn't add up, unless the man had just recently became homeless. He have no idea.

"Likewise, Lee-san. I'm sure to remember your name quickly." That was a fact. It's short, unique and easy to remember.

When Lee looked up at him begging for more food, he chuckled and handed him the soda and fries that came with the chicken sandwich combo. Lee's puppy-eye technique sure is working on Irie quite well. He didn't say anything against it though. The man is probably just hungry and it's his choice to bring him food after all.

"I applied for a graphics designer position in Montclair Corp. I know it's a huge company. I couldn't even believe myself I got a prompt reply from them since I only sent out my resume last night after we talked!" Irie held his breath for a while before letting it out in a sharp huff.* "I'm so hyped... I think I'm going to throw up from being so nervous I don't think I can finish my sandwich from so much anxiousness." He pouted, eyeing the half-eaten sandwich on his hand.

"You may think I'm such a wuss but... Really. This is a first for me."

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Irie, what a beautiful name; if was a name befitted for someone as regal as him. Though Lee Was not familiar with Japanese names, he could still appreciate such naming sense. He even boldly admits that he was having a hard time speaking Nihongo. Heck,he even jumble tons of Words despite being taught to be fluent even in his younger days.

When Irie handed him another set of food, Lee immediately accepted it without hesitation. Then again, the food diminished just a matter of seconds. Questions kept his mind occupied; like how could Irie help such a suspicious person or why was the blonde still talking to him? In the end, Lee just concluded that the guy must be a good Sammaritan in his own little way.

Lee almost choke, not from the soda he was drinking buy from his own saliva. Not even in his wildest thoughts that Irie would apply at one of their companies. The coincidence felt so uncanny that made Lee shook with disbelief.

"Montclairé?"

Lee raised his brow with apprehension. It took him the endurance not to do some lame commentaries that would definitely blow his cover. He did not like the idea of Irie knowing that he was affiliated with the Montclairé Group. Lee preferred Irie be left behind the veil rather than flaunt all of his power.

He was certain that Irie was not a social climber but when the blonde knows the truth; he might still change the way he talks to Lee. He was better off as a hobo rather than a man in a corporate suit when talking to Lee; that is when he Irie's at his friendliest and approachable state. He love the blonde's eyes when they almost speak for wHat is running through his head.

Irie Tsukishima Is an epitome of innocence.

"Montclair, huh"

he muttered the words almost to himselF.

He certainly could not believe that Irie wouLd be working with him in the near future. Lee does not even order Oscar to just let Irie pass the test. The corporate owner was good at judging people and he knew Irie could make it to the position.

--He certainly bet on it..

• 3 weeks later...

[tr]

[td]

"Yes. That company. They needed a graphic artist so I gave it a shot. It's funny since on my way here I met my friend who interned in that same company. He even said there are a lot of nice-looking girls there and the CEO is a womanizer." Irie laughed gently and shook his head.

"Like I'd ever hook up with any of the girls there. I'm gay, for god's sake. And it's not like I'll be meeting the CEO on a daily basis. Someone up so high on a pedestal wouldn't even recognize my presence in that company..."

Noticing the man choke upon mentioning the corporation's name, Irie blinked in confusion but he let it slide. Of course one would be surprised when someone as small as him dared to enter the world of Montclair Corp. He's pretty sure Lee had heard of the company. Blushing lightly, he scratched his cheek with his index finger.

"It's really a surprise. I'm even shocked myself. I wish I could make it."

Sighing, Irie patted his knees before standing up. He was about to leave but then he twisted back on his heel, facing the man once more.

"This may sound insane. Lee-san, I think you bring good luck to me..." He scratched his head shyly causing his hair to go slightly in disarray before looking back at the man.

"If ever I get the job, will you come celebrate it with me?"

Shots were fired. But then again, Irie would really just want to be friends with someone who had helped him get out of the rut.

"Don't worry! Ah... I'm going to invite my friend Kenta, too. I don't have too many friends. But that is IF I get accepted. Please don't count on it too much, Lee-san. But..." He bit his lip and looked up at him shyly. "But then again, I'll do my best."

With that, he bade goodbye as he headed off to the train station. It was only that Irie realized he lives one station far from the building of the Montclair Group. Looking up at the establishment, it sure looked posh just from the façade of it. Shiny black granite climbed up the huge posts of what seems to be a 20-storey building as the first and second floor were almost literally covered with glass curtain. Corporate people here come and go and Irie couldn't help but feel inferior.

The doorman opened the door for him and welcome him warmly before he lead himself at the reception.

"I have an interview with... Mr. Kawamura of the Design Department." He said, gathering up his courage as he approached the lady behind the reception counter whose hair is in a well-polished ponytail, passing his ID in exchange for a visitor pass ID. After receiving the instructions on where he'd be interviewed, Irie thanked the lady and proceeded to the Design Department. Even if he looked confident enough, his own footsteps against the marble floor of the lobby makes his heart pound like crazy. He was about to open the double glass door when a tall man with glasses and in a casual shirt underneath a suit jacket greeted him.

"Tsukishima, Irie?" He asked. He seemed to be in a hurry.

"Yes. I have an interview with Mr. Kawamura of the Design Department at 2pm." He said, eyeing the man with bright, attentive eyes.

"Ah! Nice to meet you. I'm Kawamura, Saito. Please follow me in my office."

Irie being a quiet person feel silent as soon as he entered the department area. As what Kenta said, he noticed the females in this department being really good-looking but he could care less. He's here to work, not fool around. Entering the glass-enclosed office, he bowed gently before Kawamura invited him to sit down.

"Good afternoon. Here are my CV and my sample works, Kawamura-san."

"Ah, great. But please don't be so stiff and formal. We are artists here, you know? Hmm... Tsukishima, Irie...." Kawamura muttered stuff as he read through the young male's CV and scanned through the portfolio. It took him a while before lifting his face up at the quiet man on the other side of the table.

"You have a good portfolio and concepts. But it's been two years since you've graduated college but why did you applied to us just now? Why did you apply in a daycare center and in a convenience store? You have skills!" Kawamura queried, still flipping through the blonde's sample works.

"To be honest, I just couldn't find the courage to send out résumés right after graduating. I guess I'm still under the haze of being a uni student." He blushed and chuckled. "So I did part-time jobs..."

"But then someone gave me a push and somehow.... Made me realize I should stand up and not chase the wrong dream. They gave me the courage and now I want something different. Something that will fulfill me."

The interview lasted for only 15 minutes. Irie was standing outside the building clutching his portfolio close to his chest with a blank expression on his face after the interview.

"Thank you very much, Tsukishima-san. We'll call you."

Well, damn. Upon hearing that, Irie's heart shrunk and his hopes dropped flat on the floor. He was so hopeful but then Kawamura said those 'magic words' and he knew he flunked the interview.

"Man... I need a beer this time." He muttered to himself as he walked back home.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm sure you can make it in there"

Lee immediately noticed Irie's enthusiasm with the new work he's applying with. Lee couldn't do anything at all, his hands were both tied. And he surely bet Irie didn't like the idea that he'd enter the company because he's close friends with the big shot. In the end, all Lee could offer was to listen and offer encouragement. At least, he could that a bit right?

He almost guffawed at the word they'd addressed him. 'Womanizer', sure he loved ladies that he even had his bed warmer often times a week. The women in his company were too hot for their own good and he couldn't help that he sometimes do the naughty with them. Yet at the end of the day, it's never been always the ladies and the booze; it dampens his mood that people knew him for his womanizing days rather than the hard work he'd established cultivating the rest of their empire. Lee wasn't ignorant, he knew that he was just a rich egoistical young CEO to many. He even shook his head with disappointment, never will he change his personality for other people. They can backbite at him all they want, not the it could kill him anyways.

"I'm a good luck?"
Surprised, he touched his beard in a soothing matter.

People always praise him for his looks, wealth and power but not once they'd said that he was a good luck charm. That was the first, well everything's a first in this experience he thought. Lee felt happy at such simple words Irie had said to him. He certainly was a simple man.

Irie never stopped surprising him, to the point of inviting a homeless man with unknown background to celebrate with him. If Lee was a bad person, he could easily kill Irie in just a short period of time without arising suspicion from the authorities. The blond trusts random people easily, too easily for Lee's comfort. The corporate owner wished he had such personality in the work field. But no, he couldn't, not in an environment where everyone's more like a wolf in wall street or something.

"Sure that would be a pleasure, Irie."
He replied enthusiastically since he'd responded late due to the thoughts clouding his mind.

It was funny seeing Irie rattled at the whole celebrating thing but Lee kept it for himself. He just stayed quiet as he waved his hand and bid farewell to the guy. Irie Tsukishima sure was a pocket full of sunshine.

After he stared at the retreating shadow of Irie, his bodyguard approached him while holding his cellphone. From the looks of it, it might be bad news. Oscar said that if it was something very important, he's likely to be informed.

He grudgingly grabbed the phone,
"Lee speaking."

"Sir, Mr. Bernardini wanted to speak with you. We've tried directing him to Oscar but he said he's adamant in seeing you."

"Push it in a month"

"But Sir, the meeting with the Italian Communications' set into stone." He almost whined but Lee chuckled and shook his head.

"No can do. I've hired you for that matter. Make sure Bernardini agrees with the conditions. He have to sign the contract and we'll meet in the next month."

"Sir Monclaire he wanted to at least speak with you through phone."

"Direct the call."

Lee's cold facade slowly wrapped at his expressions as he conversed at the person in monotone. Honestly, he hated Bernardini, that guy gives him the creeps. He couldn't do anything about them since his father and Bernadini were the best of friends in their college years and no such thing could stop their partnership.

'Pain in the ass.'

[tr]

[td]

--Beep. "Hello?"

"Kentaaa. It's me, Irie." A soft sob followed the cracking voice of the young male. The sound of disappointment and sorrow.

Irie just got out of the train and is walking home when he decided to phone his friend Kenta. It was his long time friend whom he met at a fast food restaurant this morning.

"Tsukki! I'm glad you called! How's the interview... Wait. Hearing your voice like that, it seems it didn't go well...?" the man on the other line said.

Irie shook his head, sighing deeply. "It's not like that. They said they'd call me. But oh, you know how it is when they say it. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up."

And then there was silence. The blonde was in deep thoughts as he held the line open before Kenta cut the silence off. "So, what now? Are you still going to quit your job at the convenience store?"

"I... I don't know. All I know is I want to go drinking. Are you free to come over tonight?" the blonde twisted his lips hoping that the man is free tonight. It was then that he fully realized he doesn't have too many close friends. There were colleagues, former classmates from uni and high school friends but most of them didn't keep contact. Irie didn't mind at all but realizing it in this very moment just drags his already depressed state. He's just glad Kenta had kept in touch and seems to have never changed since college.

"Sure! Just the two of us?" the other guy asked.

"Not really. I have a friend who... Ah... I made friends with this person who helped me in a lot of ways. He's kind and he seems to be really smart." Irie said, catching himself flashing a shy smile which was weird.

"Really? He seems like an interesting person. I'd like to meet him, too."

"And he's homeless."

"That's righ-- What? A homeless person?" the man on the other line sounded a little panicked.

A light, gentle chuckle vibrated through the receiver. Irie knew the man would be surprised by the fact that he made friends with a homeless person. Not everyone will accept that fact wholeheartedly. "It's okay, Kenta. He seems nice and kind. Look, I'll text you my address and I'll see you later, okay? Anything you prefer drinking? Snacks?"

"Dry beer. Sigh.... Irie, don't trust strangers so easily. You know how things are nowadays. It's dangerous."

How can this person be that overly protective of Irie even after they had lost contact for about a year or two? Irie ran his fingers though his hair as he looked ahead of him seeing the corner of the street to his home and the other one that leads to the park where the homeless man is staying. Strange enough, he's a lot more excited to see Lee than spending time with anyone else; tell him how things went in the interview and how uneasy he's feeling now. Somehow, being with Lee relaxes him or more like he has become so used to seeing the man and talking to him fondly even in such a short period of time that it had become a habit. Heck, this is only the second day since they met and Irie is already like a dog who had been given a bone by such person in which in all actuality, it should be the reverse of it.

"I understand. I have to hang up now. See you later."

With that, he hang up, immediately sending Kenta his home address before plunging the phone inside his coat pocket and walked a little faster approaching the park. It was already 5:20 in the afternoon. This is the time of the day that the sky give out such pretty colors of blood orange and pink while the darkness in the east's horizon eats up the part of it. There's no doubt that this is Irie's favorite time of the day. Adjusting his glasses on the bridge of his nose, he looked around the park. There were kids playing at the sandbox while their parents call for them from afar. His eyes trailed back to the shed where Lee is supposed to be found but just as he's expecting to see the man alone, there were two men in suit standing next to him. It immediately put Irie to a halt. It seems they have a business with the homeless person and he could also see how pissed off Lee's face is.

Could it be that the two men in suits are just asking for directions? There's no one in sight except for Lee at the moment and maybe the two had no other choice but to ask him? Irie waited at the spot where he was standing, once in a while he fidgets in anticipation and curiosity, hoping the two men finally leave Lee alone but it seems it'll take a little longer than expected.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

"Send my regards to your father."

He should send his regards by himself, to hell Lee cared. What was Lee's part in that anyways? The two of them just talk about random things that Lee obviously knew that something was up. The old Bernardini even dared to ask him about his pleasurable carnages. Which in return Lee replied with a sarcastic response. Bernardini then dropped the bomb and his real intentions were now clear. The cunning bastard wanted to play match maker. Luisa Bernardini was Lee's college schoolmate. She was spunky, gorgeous and immaculate. And he obviously knew that dear Luisa was dating an art collector in France secretly.

The brunette heavily sighed as he soothed his temples. He should've told Bernardini to fuck off. But Lee guessed that there were limits that he's not so happily going to oblige. He needed to be the ever respectable bachelor in the eyes of society. He shouldn't start trivial fights and create feuds which his old man took a huge effort to establish. It was all about business and he doesn't want be the one that might cause the rift. The Bernardini's are affiliated with the mafias, more like THEY are the mafia. That is just the thing he steered clear from; trouble in paradise.

He ended up accepting Bernardini's offer to have a dinner date with Luisa on the next month. But before that happens, he'd most likely ease all himself with the brewing problem.

"Tell Oscar to watch that old man's moves. Notify me when he performs some funny business. You may leave."

"Sir before you leave could you sign this financial statement from LRC mgt., Sir Oscar couldn't make it here. "
Lee immediately signed the papers after reading and analyzing it twice.

He literally shove it to his SP's and marched away from, the scene. He was usually a calm guy but with the whole Bernardini thing, he couldn't even calm his nerves. Lee rudely grab a cigarette stick from the other SP's chest pocket as the bodyguard oblige to light the stick. Lee shooed them off with a hand gesture and finally they left him alone. The guy sat on the bench near the fountain while placing his head atop the back of the bench. Staring at the vast skies illuminated with the vibrancy of the darkness he surely wondered what is life like without complications.

Though Oscar promised him that he's off with the reigns, Lee felt that his job was still secretly clinging to him like a vine with thorns.

"Can't he just forge my signature?"
He muttered at the sky as if it was going to answer his stupid pleas.

Weird as it might be, Lee loved being a hobo. At least he didn't mind being Irie's freeloader. Well that was a good idea, Lee thought.

--if like could be that simple...

[tr]

[td]

What would two corporate men want with a hobo that they seem to discuss such serious matters? Lee also looked perplexed as he dealt with them, talking and then shoving things onto those men which looks like some papers or some sort. Irie's brows furrowed as he looked away, wondering what's actually happening. Could it be that Lee has been involved with some illegal business? The yakuza perhaps? Irie shook his head, pushing such improper thoughts away. It couldn't be. Lee's just a harmless, homeless man. That is what Irie kept trying to tell himself.

As soon as the men left Lee, Irie bit his lips and waited before they were completely gone. He isn't the type that wants to pry on people's lives but he just can't help but wonder...

--"Can't he just forge my signature?" Talking to himself, maybe? Irie walked closer, having a cheeky idea of surprising the man.

"Isn't that illegal?"

Out of nowhere, Irie had his face looming over the homeless man's as he stood behind the bench where Lee is sitting. He wore a gentle smile but deep in his thoughts, Lee is probably not what Irie thinks he really is. In such position, the blond could see more of the man's facial features accentuated with the sky's glorious orange color. Those sharp eyes, finely chiseled nose and those lips that envelops the cigarette stick. He also had the urge to run his finger over the man's stubble as it took him great strength not to. He wanted to stay where he's standing just to take the view all in but he had to because staring is rude as he stepped back twice before walking around and sitting on the other side of the bench. There followed a deep sigh no one knows what it's for. Fatigue? Depression? Anxiety? For Irie, it could be all of them, but for now, he's glad he could finally sit down and relax a bit from the tiring day. Next to Lee.

"They said they'd call me." He said in a soft voice then Irie fell silent as he, too, leaned his head on top of the backrest of the bench. "Those magic words usually mean 'Thank you, we'll think about it' and I can't help but think of negative things."

Rubbing his face with his hands, he straightened up and smiled, looking at Lee. "How was your day, Lee-san?" It would probably be best if they don't talk about it or be negative at this time since he's still hoping Montclaire would call him. He also wanted to inquire about the men in suits but then he really didn't want to pry on the man's private life so he fought the urge to ask instead, he decided to just state his purpose.

"I.. eh. I would like to invite you to my home for a drink. I'll have a friend over and it'll be boring if it's just me and Kenta.. So..." Smiling shyly, Irie rubbed the back of his neck wondering if he's getting ahead of himself too much.

"I'll prepare dinner too." That was the last in his list to bargain with Lee hoping the older guy would accept his invitation.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

"Isn't that illegal?"

Lee almost blurted some swear words but ought not to say one. Irie apparently scared the hell out of him but he will never admit it. Heart still racing he put the cigarette butt down the trash can and dragged himself back to the bench. Have the blonde saw him together with his SP's? Have he heard what they were talking about? Lee stop thinking before he could overanalyze things and turn it into a complex problem.

He knew fully well that there will come a time that Irie will know his real identity. Apparently, that will bound to happen some future time or so. He loved being the approachable guy to the extent that people would actually talk to him regarding the weather.

"Yes it is. But it won't be when they don't figure it out,"
he shrugged and stared at blonde with much intensity.

People hated to be stared too much from their comfort; Lee liked to watch Irie squirm at his heated gaze. The blond looks so docile and edible; if that was possible. Irie just started to look confused and disappointed. Lee knitted his brows as to the cause of his dampen mood. At least he had a reason to talk with the blonde by encouraging him. Sine he hated to be just fed by the guy without giving something in return.

He almost chuckled at himself. He never knew he had a good bone in him to befriend some artsy guy.

"They said they'd call me."

"Those magic words usually mean 'Thank you, we'll think about it' and I can't help but think of negative things."

"You don't need that kind of negativity Irie. I know you tried your best during the interview. All you have to do is wait. Remember, though it is cliché, everything happens for a reason."

Lee stared at bespectacled boy with a smile that didn't even reach his eyes. He sure know how to give advices but was he adept in giving one to himself? The thought immediately left his system. As much as Lee loves hearing other's pleas, he is more likely the guy to keep all his problems to himself.

Take the Bernardini fiasco, for example, the guy was so furious earlier that even his SP's feared to stay with him. Yet, in a matter of seconds he schooled his expression back to the norm. Even his bestfriend Oscar, no matter how long they knew each other, couldn't determine what Lee really felt. He is just a weird cunning motherf*cker, Oscar said.

"How was your day, Lee-san?"

Irie was wise enough not to pry about his SP's and he tip his hat for that.

"It was great but that would be pure hypocrisy. I mean I have fun watching everyone do something there and here but it is not really fun as talking with some blonde boy."
he peeked through his lashes, not too shyly, waiting for Irie's reaction.

Well it was mostly true, Lee missed conversing with him.

"I.. eh. I would like to invite you to my home for a drink. I'll have a friend over and it'll be boring if it's just me. I'll prepare dinner too."

Lee couldn't even pinpoint Irie's actions; he was not certain whether the blonde was kind or just borderline stupid. Though he was certain that he wouldn't invite strange characters inside his house, if he was put into Irie shoes. That is just plain crazy. Tsukishima Irie was indeed a force to be reckon with. He almost gape at the invitation but just dealt with shooking his head. Before Irie misunderstand the gesture he tap the blonde's shoulders reassuringly.

"That would be a pleasure, Irie."

This time Lee unknowingly gave his thousand watt smile. He could hear the gears in his head roaring and the bulb flashed in a Eureka moment.

..and we have a winner! Lee chuckled. Irie better prepare for what the future holds for he is in with a great surprise no one has ever experienced.