Mana-sama [GirlE, Malice Mizer, Moi dix Mois]

鼠ドル

Well, I know there's quite a few fans of Mana-sama here on YO, so I thought I might as well start a nice lil' thread dedicated to him. Here you can talk about everything Mana-sama related - Malice Mizer, Moi dix Mois, Girl'E, Matenrou, Moi-même-Motie, Midi:Nette etc.

Maybe you're even a Mon+Amour?

And for you who somehow have managed to escape who he is - here's a biography thingy;

To start off, Mana was born on March 19 in Hiroshima, Japan to two music professors. Early on, Mana's parents tried to get him to learn piano but he detested it and thought it to be "for girls". Instead he found an interest in the "abnormal". Generally Mana does not like to bring up the past, but from what we do know, he was a metal head in high school, and even got into "cosplay" (from what he calls it) as a teenager by going to his first concert, Motley Crue. By this time, Mana fell in love with rock music and bands. With his love for Motley Crue, Mana was able to obtain his very own Tommy Lee drum set as this was who he really looked up to. Eventually he changed his entire bedroom to look like a concert hall set and attempted to play just about every band instrument (drums, guitar, bass, vocals). He eventually fell in love with the electric guitar and taught himself how to play from then on until he would be able to play with various other bands around the area. The first band he really got into playing with was Ves.Tearge, but then moved on to Girl'e.

Eventually, outside of high school, Mana was able to meet someone who would end up becoming a very good friend of his, Kozi. Together, Mana and Kozi performed in the band Matenrou, with Kozi on Vocals and Mana on Bass. After leaving Matenrou, Mana and Kozi became co founders of Malice Mizer, hence the start of one of Mana's biggest careers.

As most people know, Malice Mizer became a hot commodity in Japan's visual kei scene. The band started out with Tetsu on vocals, Mana on guitar, Kozi on guitar, Yu~ki on bass, and Gaz on drums. Early on in the band's fast passed career, Tetsu and Gaz left. Malice Mizer had come to a point where they had become a very poor band for about a year and were on the verge of breaking up, until Gackt (vo) and Kami (dr) came into the picture. With these two key people in the band, Malice Mizer was now growing into full speed again. Malice Mizer had full potential to accomplish what they were looking for in their careers and doing it at a fast pace. Merveilles reached up to Number 2 in album charts and the concert which came shortly after the album release sold out in a record of 2 minutes. Things at this time were going great, but during the production of the Le Ciel PV, everything began to flip upside down. Shortly after, the band started getting into disagreements, causing Gackt to leave. Even more tragedy arose when the drummer, Kami, unexpectedly died of a brain hemorrhage in his sleep.

Malice Mizer was now in a low point being out a vocalist and drummer, once again. In the mean time, Mana opened up his very own clothing line, Moi-meme-Moitie, and record label, Midi: Nette (Midi: Nette started up in the indies days of MALICE MIZER when Tetsu was vocalist, however MALICE MIZER signed major under Nippon Columbia by the time of Merveilles, but after Gackt left MALICE MIZER went back to Midi: Nette). Another year later, Malice Mizer was back up again to where they could produce more with Klaha as a support vocalist, and a support drummer. Klaha eventually became Malice Mizer's perminent new addiction to the band, but Kami was never to be replaced with a new official drummer in his dedication as an "eternal blood relative". The band held up until December 2001, when they decided on a hiatus for unknown reasons.

On March 19, 2002, Mana was "reborn" again in a since. Mana came back into the music scene with a new appearance and solo project, Moi dix Mois. In Moi dix Mois, Mana is most definately not the innocent little doll you once knew in Malice Mizer. Personally, I doubt he will ever fully go back to what he once was. In this project, Mana even composes, writes, and directs all of his own music. The apperance of Moi dix Mois gives of a strong "death metal" yet elegant and mysteriouse feeling to it, much like the music itself. Mana shows off a more powerful side to himself with powerful guitar cords and the very own image of how he sees the band should be. Moi dix Mois is much like a world within itself, which is very difficult to describe in words. In my own belief, you cannot simply read about Moi dix Mois to understand what it is all about. One must listen to the music to understand the myseriouse dark "world" it puts you in, and also see the visuals carefully set along with the sound to get a full understanding of who Mana is.

Lastly, a pic of the GOD of EGA&EGL clothing and visual kei;

manasama.jpg

You can read more about him here:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Like 4

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 鼠ドル

• chiakaiyuki

• Ayasegawa

• Nikka

You're welcome dear (: He is a bit of a mystery ne?

Very crappy quality live video of Girl'E - one game [Mana-sama's on guitar with his very pretty long hair]

And this is just a lovely video of Mana-sama playing the drums and being totally epic

Matenrou! Mana-sama

Here's one of my fave songs called Speed of Desperate with Tetsu on vocals.

The indie days of Malice Mizer is to die for~

And jsut look at Mana-sama *_*

And this is a lovely pic of Mana in the earlie days of MM :3

n16780360361_881360_7862.jpg

Gotta share some Mana-sama pics as well :D

Good thingy :D

Thought I'd have to sit and talk to myself there for a while~

He's the most beautiful thing

I had to upload this clip to YT since I couldn't find it on there.

It's from the Sans Retour Voyage DVD... And Mana-sama can't possibly get any hotter than this.

• Like 1

oh nezu, that picture of mana in the early days *dies* so so beautiful. I am unworthy. *Gos cry in her vampire bedroom* i dont think im making much sence here... mana-sama realy does mush you brain.

@chiakaiyuki it's all right *pats head* Mana-sama is just ... non-human. My brain is mush too lol

And the pics

The one in bunny suit is just so... odd xD But cute in some really weird way.

Lovelovelove him in the sea

And here's another pic of him!

s640x480

If I look like this when I'm in my fourties... well, I'd be reaaaally lucky lol

And this is for you, who like me, loves Mana-sama's custom ESP guitars~

Yes, it's a whole gallery of it!

I hope you've already checked out Monologue+Theater (Mana-sama's website) and Monologue+Garden (his blog) as well!

• 2 weeks later...

New Moi-Meme-Moitie things are being sold!

(you can also buy them at CDJapan.co.org)

They are really beautiful! Mana-sama's such a genious, ne~

Someone feel like buying this for me? :D Juuuuust 65,100Y...

34910586.jpg?20110916190811

• 4 weeks later...

OH MY GOD! Mana-sama has updted monologue+garden with gorgeous pics of himself...

20111117182525543.jpg

P1000281gamelab250.jpg

You might need to use Firefox to be able to see these pictures.

*spazz* he's so god damn beautiful ;~~;

• 1 month later...

Uhm... No one wants to talk about Mana-sama? I feel like I'm talking to myself here.

Monologue+Garden has been updated a couple of times, showing a bit of different pics- one wwhere Mana-sama has GREEN hair xD He's gorgeous. Anyone ordered the new album?!?!?

Mana-chaaannn

I don't really like the new album of MDM... Its always the kinda... same orso, not to sound like a hater cause i envy Mana-sama xD and my best friend is a fan of him and cosplayed him many times

But Pessimist and Lamentful Miss are my favorite .3. of mdm,

AND MOI MEME MOITIE IS FREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKING... cheap/shot

jk,

• 1 year later...

THis thread is Amazing!!! I've been a huge fan of mana since i first saw her... then i realize Mana's a guy LOL i was so shocked and later on accepted it and i've been a fan of him ever since. It's in my bucket list to buy an apparel from moi meme moitie!!! Im thinking an EGA overcoat... hahaha xD

• 11 months later...

I've just read that K from Moi dix Mois has passed away :(

You can read the news here

My love goes to Mana, all of the band members, friends and families.

First there was Kami and now goes K..