Sekaiichi Hatsukoi - Tori vs Yuu /w Chiaki

Virdian*

Heyho guys,

I think most of you know "Sekaiichi Hatsukoi" (a yaoi anime by the same author as Junjou Romantica). Now, out of the three couples, there was one that I absolutely did not agree with.

*Mildly spoilerish*

Chiaki ends up with being paired with Tori, although Yuu had feelings for him. In my opinion Yuu would of have fit better with Chiaki, just because I was way more in Yuu than in Tori. I just think this couple kind of ruined the whole anime, as why Sekaiichi Hatsukoi will never beat its "brother anime" Junjou Romantica.

What are your opinions about Chiaki being together with Tori and not with Yuu?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kujaku

• alexia__

• natsuhi^v^

• Sasu_Chan

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I've seen a lot of fanfic for those three (threesome). :)

Well, Tori is Chiaki's childhood friend versus Yuu who is his middle school friend.

Personally, I don't mine either. Although, I would say I like Yuu a tad bit more. :)

Honestly out of the entire anime that couple is my least favorite, it's not because of the fact that he ends up with Tori is just the entire thing in general. That story is a little complicated to my liking ; the rest of the anime/manga is awesome though.

• 2 months later...

if i remember correctly, i watched a bl drama cd about tori and chiaki (unfortunately there was only sound), and it kinda made me angry because in that drama cd tori was raping chiaki. now i don't know if it's true or not, because that didn't happen in anime and manga but still it made me kinda hate tori. ok his looks are ok and he loves chiaki, but rape then love relationship is not really my thing. And Yuu is really cute and he also loves Chiaki. I don't know, maybe Yuu would be better for him instead of Tori.

• 1 year later...
Guest Iiva

Its hard to choose. Somehow mangaka gave the green light to the light novel author (I think she also wrote Yokozawa no baai light novel), so the writer just wrote rape in it. People didn´t take it good. And some started to dislike the couple. I wonder if sensei himself dislikes the couple she created....

Rape in yaoi happens often.

There should be another version without rape, I think.

I was surprised that the same author who wrote about Yokozawa x Kirishima, was writing rape.

And in manga, my thoughts are that mangaka hasn´t really thought about those characters. She has many and seems that she doesn´t have much time for all of them. Tori, Yuu and Chiaki is complicated.

I would like to see Yuu with someone else. He´s a manga assistant of Ijuuin-sensei and is a fan of "Za Kan", so there are many shipping Yuu & Ijuuin-sensei. Why not.

First when I read Sekaiichi I thought this would be 3some couple and Kirishima x Yokozawa would be seke couple, but the more I read sensei´s works, I understood that, she doesn´t do that stuff- only couples with repeating issues.

Then there is Mino Kanade, always smiling and eyes shut and he has a child, I think he lives alone with a child just like Kirishima was till he got Yokozawa. I wonder what will sensei do with Mino, leave him be or hook him up with someone. I think it would be nice to see another couple with a child ;D

I like Tori best and I think him and Chiaki make a nice couple, although they are not my favourites in the series. Yuu, I don't know, I don't really like him, but I do appreciate the whole thing as a plot device. And still, I feel like it lacks something.

Though I'm not keen with the three, I prefer Tori over Yuu. Maybe because the author made it that way but I can't just see Yuu winning Chiaki.

• 1 month later...

I listened to the CD drama rape scene yesterday and I dislike Tori even more now. I do think Yuu, as he is presented in the anime, makes a better candidate; however, the whole narrative is built to lead to Tori x Chiaki. I don't know... They are my least favourite pairing from Sekaiichi.

• 1 year later...