Installation Guide for Silver Chaos + Upgrade + English Patch

YLove

All the files needed can be found here:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

After you download it, you will see a folder called "silver chaos - all files". Put that folder somewhere and don't move it after that or you might encounter some errors later!

OK, having said that, here is what you have to do:

INSTALLING THE GAME:

1) go into the Silver Chaos folder

2) Click on Installer.EXE file.

3) Click on the top left button which will say something like \\@#

4) Now at the top you will see a drop-down option box. Choose the second option which has 600 in the name. this is a full-install, no-CD needed install.

5) Then choose a folder you want to save it in. Click on the bottom right button to proceed.

6) Let the installation process run till it stops.

7) You will now be back at the menu in Step (3), the top left button is now greyed out.

Do NOT click at the second left button as that uninstalls your game.

Now just click on the top right button to PLAY (or click on the icon on your desktop)

and you will be brought to the main Silver Chaos game menu.

INSTALLING THE 1.2 UPGRADE

1) go into the 1.2 glitch patch folder

2) click on it. it wil make a mess of files.

this is okay.

3) a window will pop up. click the very bottom left one.

4) then click the center one, which looks exactly like the one you pressed before.

5) installation finishes

INSTALLING THE ENGLISH PATCH

1) go into the english patch folder

2) click on SCpatch.exe and press "PATCH"

3) thats it.

HACKING THE GAME TO UNLOCK ALL CG'S

1) go into the silver save folder

2) take the file from there using CUT [the SYSTEM.BIN file]

3) go to where the game was installed [into Your Documents under VividCOlor by default]

4) go into the SAVE folder

5) replace the SYSTEM.BIN file. that is all.

6) beat the game once and a bonus item appears on the start menu, called EXTRAS. all CG's are now unlocked.

EDIT: If you have problems installing, check this video installation guide for

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Like 19

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• alexandergifford

• Lion

• chensim

I had the problem that the system broke down, that was because I opened the game with Vista. When you have the same problem do a right click on the game icon and "features" (hope this is the correct word, sorry I only use German on my pc) then the register "compatibility" and click to open the programm in the compatibility modus with Windows XP, if you've got that. With this I was able to play the game without problems..

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I tried doing this, and the game still pops up with the "mainsystem.exe" error.

I even tried running the japanese game, which allows me to get past that first video, and then save on the text immediatly after it. As soon as I tried loading it on the translated version however it ended up displaying the same error again.

@ DP

the game requires native Japanese language support (your system must have Japanese set to default for non-unicode programs)

u don't have it installed right?

here is how you do it:

- Windows 7

Go to Start - Control Panel - Clock, Language, Region - Change Display Language - Administrative - Change System Locale and choose Japanese and then reboot.

- Windows XP

Start - Control Panel - double click on Regional and Language Options - click on the Advanced tab - under “System current locale”, select Japanese from the drop-down list and then reboot.

- Windows Vista

Start - Control Panel - Clock, Language and Region - click on Regional and Language Options - on the window that will show up, click on Administrative tab - under Language for non-unicode programs, click on Change System Locale button - under “System current locale”, select Japanese from the drop-down list and then reboot.

• Like 3

I tried this, and it still does the same thing. As soon as it gets to what's suppose to be the opening it shuts down with the Mainsystem.exe error.

I made a new video guide... take a look and do exactly the same, as I also got that Mainsystem.exe error and after doing those things the error didn't show up anymore... so, here it is:

• Like 11

Hello I have a question? At your vid, 0:34 when I click on the patch 1.2 app it doesn't pop up? It only shows the front part which is that it extracted the files. I can't get through that part. >_

maybe u should download the game as well... cause if the version u have downloaded has some errors the patch won't run...

the game and the patches must be in the same folder like in the guide :)

u have downloaded the patches from torrent isn't it? n the torrent will load if it has seeders... and this one has :)

but if u are sure that both the game and the patches that you have work just try to place them in the same folder like you see in the video guide :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Reposted from video installation guide xD

Ahh alrightly and... well I'm trying to download it but it wants me to create a folder or something, and when I do that, I get some kind of error... ;/

Like vivicolor doesn't not exist and do you want to create a folder... and if I click yes, error still comes up and if I click no it doesn't do much of anything, kind of just closes out.