✼ Flower In The Desert ✼ [Yujiko]

ChibiMonkey

Raziel Kairo has lived with his family in a small town in the middle of nowhere in the desert. The town is small, and has little to no valuables. Because the town is so small, everyone knows each other, and everyone in the town is kind, and makes sure to keep up their share. They all work together and eat together as a huge family, sharing the rations of food evenly amongst everyone. Raziel is seventeen, the oldest in his family of his siblings, his middle brother Cyrus at age 10, and their youngest brother Ezra at 6. Raziel is very caring and considerate towards his family, and always holds up on his share of work, carrying his part of his responsibility in the village. His dad is strict in making sure his sons do their share, because he is actually also the village leader. Raziel doesn't do all his responsibilities just for his fathers respect and sake, but because he himself truly does care about the village, and everyone in it is family to him. Although Raziel has a deadly illness, tuberculosis, that is attacking his lungs. He wont tell anyone, not even his own family because medicine and treatment would be expensive, and he doesn't wish to worry anyone and cause them to concern over him and stress. Despite his illness, he still works hard and does all he can for the village. Even the youngest of kids are working through the hot days. Once a kid is the age of 8, it is his responsibility to help out with the labor and work in the village. While Raziel has lived in the hard working conditions of his village, the Pharaoh and his father live in luxury, with a palace and favorable foods like juicy fruits. Though most of course fear the ruling family to outright say anything to them, they all resent them, as they give nothing back to the families of the desert. Raziel personally despises the pharaoh, a male who is said to be about his age, which makes Raziel hate him more. Having lived through some of the hardest conditions, Raziel doesn't mind and still loves his village and would do anything to help them, and thinking of the pharaoh, the same age as him, was someone so ignorant to the world.

139211.jpg

Raziel Kairo

Age, Personality, Bio, as described above.

His brothers, Ezra(6) on the left, Cyrus(10) on the right

232357nq1wltq41fqejxfx.jpg

It was a typical day that Raziel was hard at work with the rest of his family and the village itself. He was out carrying some heavy crate boxes of rice and stacking them up. He looked very thin and frail, a bit underfed - as the rest of the village was, since, they didn't have much money or anything like that, lacking in the supplies. His thin body may be due to his secret illness as well, but even still, beneath that thin frame of his he had a good bit of muscle, and could easily carry the boxes around. There weren't many his age, in his village, it was mostly elderly, or young, like his brothers or younger.

Raziel was carrying boxes when he heard hooves pounding against the sandy desert ground. He turned around, setting a box down as the whole village gathered - they hardly had passersby, they weren't near the populates town or the city of the pharaoh or anything. Only lost wanderers came by, and rarely. He frowned as the group looked like bandits, and they started demanding money and any valuables they had. Glaring, he stepped up "You're fools, does it look like we have any money?" he challenged, but, the seeming leader of the group didn't seem to pleased by this response, and knocked him over to the ground after getting off the horse "Well isn't that a shame" he male grinned a malicious grin, looking at Raziel who was now on the ground, but before he could get up, he was tied up "Then I suppose we'll take you for compensation. You look pretty strong" he snickered.

"Raziel!""Brother!" His younger siblings called out to him, but his father had held them back. Raziel struggled a bit, glaring at his captors, but looking back to his father with pleading eyes. He knew how important this village was to his father, so, as though speaking through his eyes, told his father to not do anything. And with that, Raziel was gone with his captors, unknowing what his fate would be.

A day or so later of long travels, Raziel and his group arrived at the capitol, where there seemed to be a big festivity going on. With Raziel not caring about the royal family, he didn't know the son was having this celebration of age, being 18 and so technically ready to be Pharaoh. There was an incredibly long line of gift giving to the upcoming pharaoh in celebration, everyone in the city required to have something to give, whether it be a slave, gold, jewels, etc. That long line is where Raziel stood now with the leader of bandits that captured him, rope around his torso and arms so he couldn't fight back.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChibiMonkey

• Yujiko

[table=width: 400, class: outer_border]

[tr]

[td]

th?&id=HN.608026030650950698&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Name: Livius Spiros

Bio: Born into a royal family, Livius was raise in luxury. Taught to be envious of everyone and yet of no one. To take what is needed and burn the rest so no one could have it. Ripe in age, the young Pharaoh is now ready to rule the land. In strength and in mercy, in ruthlessness and in care. Many assume that the young heir is just a bratty child on a golden throne, and sometimes they would be right. But, what they don't see behind the palace walls would almost sway their decision.[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

The sun rose high upon the golden desert sands, a scorching heat torching the land. Inside the palace floated a cool breeze, causing the white silk curtains around the unique bed frame to sway gently in the wind. Groans sounded from inside the silk curtains as a tanned blonde royal arose from his slumber. That's right... Today is my birthday... Taking a moment of silence, the young blonde fell back into the bed, crawling far beneath the covers. Just then, a maid came to his door, knocking lightly on it. "Your majesty, you must prepare for your birthday celebration. Your subjects will soon arrive in the throne room bearing your gifts." Starring up at the ceiling, Livius rubbed his face. "Fine, fine... I'll be there soon..." He murmured. Before long, the sound of the maid's fading footsteps echoed throughout the hall. I really do hate my birthdays...

After preparing and bathing, the young pharaoh began for his father's quarters, knocking delicately. "Father, it is I." Quickly the door swung open," Indeed. I'm glad you've awaken at a decent hour on this particular day." The blonde shrugged, his father continuing," Well, be ready, in a few moments those gates will open, and our people will flood in with gifts." Yah, cause they don't give us enough...? In his thoughts, Livius had objections and dislikes of his father's ruling.

With time flying along, and the sounds of trumpets and other instruments filling the air, the current pharaoh, Livius' father walked before his people. "Today we celebrate my son's manhood! And his rite of passage to Pharaoh!" Quickly the crowd cheered, Livius' father disappeared into the Palace, and the young blonde began accepting presents. Most gifts were gold, weapons, and heirlooms.

Before long, the blonde now having become weary and exhausted, is met with the final gifter. A group of men came forward in strange and suspicious clothing. "Your highness, I present your gift!" Lifting up a blanket they held over the caged housing, they revealed Razial. "A strong slave, for our strong new king. Examining the cage blankly, the pharaoh looked up at the bandits. "You bring me a man? Not a goat, or a cow- but a man?" Asked the blonde with a bored expression," Yes, your majesty, a man- a strong one..." Smirked the bandit as he stood proud of his capture. Starring at the caged boy was two bright blue eyes, trained on him, seemingly not amused. After a brief moment of silence, Livius stood and nodded," Make this gift, so. Be gone subjects..."

Just as the bandits left, Livius still held his stare on the slave," Merrith, uncage that man." Demanded the pharaoh as he pointed to the cage. Once the cage was open, the blonde step forward a bit," Tell me, Slave what is your name, and from where do you hale?"

When Raziel was stuck in the long line of hundreds of people beside those who caught him. He winced as he was handled a bit roughly, glaring at the man holding onto him so he didn't run or anything "Now, I realize your a nowhere heathen, but try not to do anything stupid" the man growled into his ear as they had neared the throne after each person passing off their gift. Some gave beautiful women, others treasures, there were hundreds of different presents.

Soon enough, they were next, and Raziel was a bit roughly, but discretely shoved forward. With the way he was tied up, he couldn't move much, and stumbled at the lack of balance, falling to his knees, glaring up at the one who pushed him forward. "Your highness, I bring you a desert boy, not of the city. He is quit skilled and strong, I'm sure he could be of use to you some how. Please accept our gift" the men respectfully bowed, whereas Raziel clenched his teeth, glaring up at the prince with a spiteful, cold look. How terrible his fate for him to be pulled into the royals affairs.

Raziel huffed, glaring through the bars of the small and cramped cage he was on. How ridiculous that he was tied up as well as locked in a cage. What did they think he was, superman? He scoffed a bit to himself as he glanced back out through the bars, stumbling a bit as the cage was set down. He didn't see why the bandits thought he would be a good present. Surely the young royal had enough slaves - no wait, they could never have enough, Raziel reconsidered. But also the fact that he was a male - and sick, though, the bandits didn't know that of course.

As the majority gathers of people left, though officials and other upperclass people stayed to celebrate more personally with the pharaoh and the royal family. Raziel narrowed his eyes as one approached the cage and opened it. He hesitated a moment before stepping out of it, though, his arms were still tied. He glanced up to the male as he spoke, glaring with his bright blue eyes that contrasted against his dark and dirty skin "Tch, Like I would ever let the likes of you know" he huffed in clear bitterness and hate towards the male. A couple of the people close enough gawked and gasped slightly at the vulgar way the slave boy spoke to the royal.

The moment the royal and the slave shared their estranged gaze, Livius notice that they shared the same hue of eye color, a very particular trait of this region. As the royal waiting for the boy's response, he couldn't help but notice how unusually fit and scrawny the slave was. The dark tint to this foreigner's skin was unique, not something of the nearby villages. Livius was taken-a-back by the male's retort, only turning his head to the side in response.

Walking up close to the man, the blonde smirked grabbing the slave's chin tightly. "What a fool you are... Do you know, people kill other people because of tongues?" Jerking his hand away, the young royal sighed, beginning to whisper," And now you've forced me to do something I don't want to do. Twirling on his heels, the blonde turned to the party of people staring. "This is an insult to my honor. I demand those bandits be hunted, and punished." The small crowd smiled and cheered in glory, the Pharaoh himself nodding to his son.

Turning back around, Livius slipped a glove of pure white silk onto his hand elegantly, whispering once again. "I'm sorry for this in advance..." Rolling his shoulders back, the young royal took a hard, strong swing at the slave. "That's for disgracing my family! You filthy shi t!" Livius then ripped the glove off, storming out of the room.

Moments later, guards grabbed the new gift, taking him to the slaves quarters. "Word is that the future pharaoh wants you to be cleaned and clothed in palace maids garb. I have no idea why, I think your an ignorant savage. But, I guess that brat sees something beneath that enslaved exterior..." A guard scoffed, in anger. He was angry for his cause, one would say this made him a.. Well, good soldier? The guards led Raziel to the baths, and gave him clean clothes, taking him back to a new, rather fancy servants quarters. "This is where you'll stay..." Growled the guard before he left, leaving the new slave with a handful of others.

Raziel was fully aware of who he was speaking to. It wasn't that he was ignorant of where he was, and who the male in front of him was. He knew exactly who it was. Which is exactly why he spoke so spitefully and disrespectfully towards the other. He held is glare, not at all faltered by the others own hard look at him. Standing there, with his arms still bound behind his back, he was sure nothing good was going to come to him anymore. He was surrounded by royals and upperclass, let along the pharaoh and his family themselves. He'd either be beaten and used as a slave, or killed. Either way, neither option was good. But one thing he was sure of in himself. He'd rather choose to die than serve and aid the pharaoh or the prince.

Raziel didn't back away or move, even as the blond approached closer to him. He sneered slightly "Careful, don't get too close, your highness, I wouldn't want to filthy your hands" he scoffed. Maybe he was just digging his own grave. But he'd rather that than bow down to this man. He winced as his chin was roughly grabbed, eyes glaring into a mirror image reflecting the same eyes as his own. Even with the others threat, Raziel didn't head the implied warning, spitting in the others face.

The male knew some form of punishment or retribution was due in regards to his such clear display disrespect to Livius, and let alone in front of his family and an audience of various other authorities. He watched as said male simply slipped on a silk glove, and moments later, Raziel was being striked hard across the face. He inhaled sharply at the pain, wincing as the force sent his unbalanced body - due to the ropes binding his arms behind his back - to the ground on his knees. He glared up at the blond's retreating figure leaving the room.

Moments later, he was being forced up by either arm by two guards, dragged off inside to another further room. As he was pushed into a large room, he was ordered to clean and dress himself. He glared at the orders from the guards, but knew he hadn't a choice. He sighed, glancing around seeing there was a maid inside, as if standing guard, to make sure that he cleaned himself and did as told. While the actual manpower of guards stood on the other side of the closed doors. He sighed, glancing around the room. It was grand, bigger than his house alone. And this was the servants quarters and bath? Tch, how ridiculous. Shaking his head to himself, he stripped of his filthy and torn clothes, setting them to the side. He sunk down into the bath, scrubbing away the layers of dirt caked onto his skin, the water around him turning a obvious murky brown. He dunked his head below the surface of the water, scrubbing his face and running his hands through his hair. Though his skin was still tanned and dark, it was a shade lighter than before due to the now nonexistent layer of dirt. His hair also seemed a slightly brighter red than it was before. After all, back in his small poor village, there hadn't perfectly clean water or cleaning supplies for themselves, only homemade sorts of items and soaps.

He finished cleaning himself up after a while, stepping out of the now dirtied bath, and drying himself off before he slipped the clothes on. He frowned looking down at himself, feeling awkward and uncomfortable in the garbs he now wore, much nicer and cleaner than his own. The clean fact obviously wasn't what he was against. But such rich and nice materials...he huffed in distaste, leaving the room with the made and handed back to the guards as he was forcibly grabbed and pulled along to another room now, thrown into a large room with a bunch of other people with the same clothes as himself.

Now in his room, the royal blonde paced in agitated anger, hands in his hair, raised above his head. Eventually flinging a chair to the ground and kicking a vase. "WHO DOES THIS PEASANT SLAVE THINK HE IS? SPITTING IN MY FACE? HUH?!" Yelled Livius to a raven haired man in military garb. "He's obviously one of those villagers that think your family rules in tyranny... We should just kill him."

Shooting his head in the direction of the military man reclining against the wall, the future pharaoh hissed. "Killing him would just prove them right, Ramnse. And it would give my leadership a title I don't want," sighing heavy, the blonde ran a hand through his hair. "I should speak with him..." Starting for the door, the prince was now on a mission. Before the young blonde could make it past the door, Ramnse stopped him. "You shouldn't, you won't change his mind. Just stay here with me..." The raven's brown eyes practically begged the young man to stay. Jerking away, Livius snarled," Mind your place Ramnse." Ramnse only stared at the ground now as his future leader walked past him, and outside the door.

Before long, Livius stood before the Servants quarters. Looking towards a guard, he cleared his throat," Open the door." The guard bowed, and swung open the large door, holding it open as the young blonde walked through it. Once inside, the royal blooded man walked throughout the room, searching for his new slave- not that it would be hard to find such a unique person like that. Upon finding the blue eyed exotic young man, Livius cleared his throat. "I must speak with you in private," spoke the young heir, guards watching from the door, ensuring the young pharaoh's safety.

Raziel glanced around the room, seeing a bunch of common colored brown eyes servants staring at him. He just sighed a bit, ignoring them as he was led to an empty bed that supposedly would be his. An actual bed, huh? Raziel wasn't even used to this much, sleeping on cottoned mattresses on the floor of she eps fur and wool to make pillows and thin mattresses of. It was nearly the same as sleeping on the floor.

Sighing softly, Raziel sat on the edge of the bed, putting a hand on it as he ran it over the silk smooth and soft sheets. He frowned a bit at the material. Even a royals slaves had better living conditions than his home. It's not that he blamed the servants or was jealous of them. Simply, it made him hate the royals even more. Living in luxury, while half of their people starved and slept in poor conditions. It only didn't seem that way to the eye, because all the upperclass that lived in the city were taken care of, the city being wealthy from the royals to support it. But anything farther than that was pretty much forgotten about. He sighed, closing his eyes as he thought back to his family. He missed them.

Hearing a voice in front of him, the redhead opened his piercing blue eyes, staring back at the familiar color in the blonds own eyes. He frowned a bit. Now what did he want? He sighed to himself as he stood "Lead the way, you're highness" he sneered sarcastically at the blond as he never let his cold and hateful stare fall to anything less.

The look of a man lost in sorrowful thought, a image he had seen many times over- something he wished he could wisp away to another realm. That particular look killed him inside, but he had to ignore his empathetic tenancies, after all, they weren't a Pharaoh's tool. Sighing at the redhead's retort, the prince pinched the bridge of his nose, beginning to walk out of the Servants quarters and towards his room. "Would you stop acting like I'm better than you? I didn't bring you here, somehow you got your stupid ass dumped here, okay? So stop blaming me with your damned eyes..."

Livius was so tired of all those outland people hating on his lifestyle, he didn't choose this, no one gets to choose. A royal life isn't hard, but it's not all what it's cracked up to be. "I want to apologies to you for swinging at you, but I'm sure you understand I can't have servants spitting in my face or talking back at me without proving a point. I have a minor reputation, and I need to keep it. So, just by keeping your trap shut, and keeping all of your saliva in it- we can live in perfect harmony..."

As they walked down the halls, patterns and stories trailed down the stone carved palace. Once of epic battles, and others of romantic tragedies.

Quickly, they came upon a deep hall with only one door at the end, the frame being cast in gold. Two guards on either side of the door. The prince stood before the door and the guards open it, leadin entry into the luxurious room. A large bed with silk curtains, and wide windows. The door shut behind the two," Please, take a seat. I wanna talk about why you hate my guts..." Holding a hand towards a small circle of chairs around a small table, Livius took a seat. "Be my guest, whatever your name is... Humor me..."

Once the other sat down, the future king look up and at him," Why do you hate the royal family, tell me. Nothing will happen to you, I'm your friend here..." As the torches in the room flickered at the wind's midnight breeze, Livius' thin white vest gently flickered, revealing his muscled and scared skin.

"Well?"

Standing up when the other had approached him in the servants quarters and mentioned wanting to talk in private, he waited for the other to lead on out of the room and to wherever it may be. He wondered, were they really going to talk? Or was this just a way to lead him off to be punished for his actions? Either way, it didn't matter anymore, and Raziel just followed the blond along, frowning a bit with a raised eyebrow at the others words "Aren't you?" he inquired as he walked down the halls. His eyes fell on the walls occasionally, admiring the exceptional artwork, but at the same time, hating some of the images and stories portrayed.

He sighed, closing his eyes as he continued to follow the other into a long and empty hallways. He stepped inside the room after the other, ignoring the clearly disapproving and judging looks from the guards standing watch and protection. He stepped inside after the blond, glancing around the room before they fell back on Livius. At the others mention of hitting him earlier, he shrugged it off, not saying anything. Though his cheek did still throb, a red mark being a constant reminder of the assault, as well as it would probably bruise within the next few hours.

Hearing the prince telling him to sit, and how he wanted to talk, he narrowed his eyes a bit suspiciously at the other. Glancing to a chair, he hesitantly sat in one farthest from the blond, before hearing his question. He scoffed a bit, but kept his mouth shut, until the other assured him he could speak freely. Though, even without the others permission, Raziel wouldn't have cared to speak his mind either way.

"What kind of question is that? Is that really what you want to know?" he frowned as he became a bit more serious "You shouldn't even need to ask. It's answer is obvious" he sighed as he glared at the other "I'm not specifically targeting you for some arbitrary reason. Don't think you're so special. It's you and this entire palace, the pharaoh and the entire royal family" he sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. He'd never had to explain it before. No royal came to his village, wanting to know their reasons or opinions about anything. They didn't know they existed. He sighed, closing his eyes "All you do - or, specifically your father at the moment, I suppose - is take from the poor and help the rich and yourselves. You only care about your own kind, the people you can see within the reach of sight outside your luxurious palace windows. Why should I give a shit about you when you don't give a shit about us? Your people?" he frowned.

"It's a reasonable question. It's not like I can safely travel to the outlands and gather this information on my lonesome.." Stated the blonde as he came to his feet. Livius heard most of the words the redhead had to offer, getting a tad annoyed with his ignorant view of the royal family and it's domain city. Pacing about the room, the heir shook his head as the other spoke. What do you know about us? What we do or care about? Stopping mid pace, the price met eyes with the slave. "You're right... Our kind is selfish. Our kind doesn't care. We'll I'm sorry, guy, but I hate to break it to you- We don't care, cause you don't!"

With his nose crinkling together, Livius placed two hands on the back of his chair leaning on it in a bit of anger," And news flash- We haven't collected taxes from the outlands in 8 years. And you wonder why you don't see anything from us... There is a war going on beyond the border of this city, and it kills lives everyday. Yet, you don't see them complaining. All those people taking from you are bandits, like the ones that brought you to me, today."

Huffing a bit, the blonde stood up straight and rubbed his eyes. "This is stupid..." He murmured," Tomorrow I am taking you to the archives, I will show you what's happened in the last 8 years." Waltzing over to his bed, the blonde plopped down on it. "Jeez, you're exhausting, you know that?"

He frowned a bit at the others excuses of not being able to travel "You should be willing to take risks for your people. Just because you can't see us doesn't mean we don't exist. You should put an effort into seeing every bit of what's going on in your land and country, instead of making sorry pathetic excuses that you would be endangered. You surely have plenty of guards around here to accompany you. Or do you pay them just to look pretty and impressive?" he said with a frown as he crossed his arms. He wasn't yelling - mostly because he knew yelling wouldn't make a difference, but also because if he did so, the strain on his throat and lungs would cause his illness to act up - which he didn't want, especially not here, and not in front of the prince.

When the other raged on about the war taking place, Raziel started to get fed up with the others excuses. He clenched his teeth, glaring as he was now standing upright as well "You think I don't know about the war? Who the hell do you think is fighting your precious war? Are you that ignorant of a prince? Or do you just try to act like you know what's going on. Does that murderer of a father of yours really tell you anything about what's happening to your country and it's people? Or does he tell you only the basics of whats important, to make you feel like you're involved with the land that will soon be yours?" he growled "Yeah...you're right. It's oh so generous you haven't collected taxes from us. Instead you force us to fight your wars for you. That's a far better trade of" he said.

The redhead didn't realize the more he spoke, the more his voice raised in irritation and anger at the others either ignorance or excuses. He wasn't sure which it was, but either way, it didn't make it any better. When he finally finished his ranting at the other, the next breath of air he took was tickling his throat and causing a fit of couching. He winced, covering his mouth with one hand while the other gripped the edge of the table. He grit his teeth, mentally cursing for getting so carried away, and trying to swallow down the metallic taste in his throat. He breathed a bit more heavily when finished coughing, though it could easily be passed off as from the yelling - but the small bit of blood in his hand couldn't. He just shut his hand at his side, so the other couldn't see.

"I should be willing to take risks? Huh?" Repeated the prince in exasperated anger," You know what, I have no damn clue what the hell goes on beyond these walls, but I can say that I have risked my life to see it!" Quickly, the young man stripped down into his undergarments. On his faintly tanned skin was the faded scars of so many spear wounds, and some from whips. "My father has almost killed me several times, just because I wanted to see beyond these city walls... I may be one of the Royals, and I may be fed false information, but don't you ever say I didn't risk my life!"

Taking a deep breath, the man growled, only to be interrupted by the slave's coughing fit. Livius looked back at the redhead, both curiousness and concern in his eyes. "Are... Are you sick?" A tine of anger now one of concern, the blonde walked over to the slave.

"Have you always been this sick?" Asked the prince. "Guards..." One of the soldier guarding the door walked in," Sire?" Livius looked at the man with a weapon," Please retreave the doctor for me." Nodding and running off, the guard began for the doctor. "Listen. My family has done terrible things, and I know it. But please, stop treating me like shit because I share their blood..."

Raziel glared at the other, he was done talking about this. The other clearly wouldn't see his way. He blinked a bit, eyes widening when he started to step "h-hey- what are you doing?!" he spoke before seeing the scars that littered the others body. He stared, wide eyes in shock as the other explained. For a moment, he was finally silent, with no comeback. He frowned a bit "Your father, huh?" he spoke softly, huffed "Why do you think he would try so hard to keep you from the outside walls of the city?" he spoke, furthering his point. He knew the pharaoh was the main cause and reason for all the mess going on right now, not Livius. But as the prince, the blond still had the duty to speak up for the corrupt actions taken, to at least do something about it.

He frowned a bit as the other seemed to at least understand he was under false information by his father, but it still didn't ease his anger towards him that much "I treat you like shit because of the fact it's your job to do something about it. If you realize things are wrong, then it's your responsibility to change that. Because if you can't, then nothing ever will change" he spoke, relaxing a bit as their anger towards each other, now let out, turned into a more civil conversation. Until he started coughing.

He frowned when the other seemed concerned and approached, but Raziel kept his distance "No" he said sharply when the other asked if he was sick. He gave a light shake of his head "I'm not sick, just a sore throat from the heat, and no water" he excused the coughing. "I don't need a doctor" he said quickly when the other said that to the guard. He frowned, looking away from the other, further discretely hiding his blood splattered hand behind his back from the others view "I'm not sick" he repeated when the other further asked about it.

"It's not my job, yet," declared the blonde as he sighed, shaking his head. "The reality is that we both are far to swayed in our opinions," Blue hues met the foreigner's. "You think that just because I will rule that I can suddenly make everything all dandy, and I think your blame, and opinions are skewed. Sure, I live a good life, but-" Shaking his head again, the heir stopped talking. "Forget it, you'll see. One day, you'll understand..."

Just then the doctor walked into the room, almost worriedly. "Y-your majesty! You called upon me?!" Standing and looking at the redhead before him, the blonde looked back. "I was mistaken, you're dismissed." Confused, the doctor wondered off. "Please, give us some privacy..." Spoke Livius to the guards, and as commanded they left, shutting the door. Once the door was shut, Livius began for his personal bar, a simple tall standing table with wines and water. "For now, I'll ignore your sickness," Grabbing two cup, he filled them both to the brim with wine. "But-" He spun on his heels, looking dead at the man before him. "-If you get worse, I will have you treated. I won't want my informant dying on me..."

As the young future pharaoh made his way back over to the slave, it was then that the light and soft, gentle breeze gave way to a new mood. The dim, yet warm lighting complimented the sandstone flavored walls, their designs and artistry seeming to fade into the moment. Even when there was no gold in sight, it seemed as if it was everywhere.

Taking a seat across from his new friend- saying this term loosely- the royal slid the extra goblet of wine towards him. "Drink, you must be parched."

Raziel shook his head "Perhaps I can't fully understand. I'm not trying to say I do. But you don't seem to be fully aware either. It's because of the fact you're not the heir yet, that you should be trying. Just because you're not the pharaoh at the moment, doesn't mean you should care or try and less for your people" he said as he sat back down, his body feeling a bit weak from the coughing fit "I don't have anything against the ruling system of this land. It's how it's ruled by the current pharaoh" he sighed as he rubbed the blood on his hand off against the side of his pants.

Hearing the door open, he glanced over seeing a new male enter. He figured he was probably the doctor, and upon the short conversation, he concluded he was right. He frowned a bit, glancing to Livius to see if he would make him get checked over or not - thankfully not. The doctor was dismissed and Raziel relaxed a bit, looking back to Livius.

He watched as the other poured a glass of what looked to be wine. He frowned slightly, but didn't say anything as he was soon distracted by the others comment. He blinked a bit, glancing to LIvius' clear blue eyes "Your informant?" he inquired. What did the other mean by that...? Was that what he was going to be, now? He frowned, not understanding. He looked to the glass of wine as he was pushed towards him, and he frowned, shaking his head "I'm not drinking something like this" he spoke a bit distastefully about the wine. It wasn't that he didn't like it or anything - though he didn't know, he'd never had wine before. But it was the fact that his village, his brothers and father, neighbors and friends were deprived of such luxuries as wine and all. The red head was even uncomfortable with wearing the clothes he was.

A small chuckle fell from the blonde's lips," You, sir, are an absolute fool." Bringing the goblet to his lips, the heir drank it all in one shot, exhaling with pleasure. Letting his head fall back, and hang over the head of the chair, Livius sighed. This was going no where fast. "I want to, while working, whatever that maybe- to gather information for me." Bringing his head up to look at his guest, the royal stood and began for the door. "Tell everything you hear from everyone." Smirking, the young blonde looked over at the slave. "You said I didn't try nor care, but I want you to rethink your assumption. But, that if for another time, you're dismissed. Please return to your quarters." Opening the door, the blonde held it open for the foreigner. "Another day, we can chat," Spoke the prince as the slave left the room.

Turning to a guard, the future pharaoh spoke softly, "Seek out Ramnse, and have him visit with me." Nodding, the guard began on his hunt foe the military man that was in Livius' room earlier.

"General Ramnse," called out a guard. Twirling on his heels was a tall man, with luscious black locks and soft brown eyes- skin of smooth caramel, and a handsome face. Most any woman in the inner city would die to be at this military man's side, however, this particular man already has a fancy. "At ease, What is it?" "The young Pharaoh has called upon you, sir." "Thank you, you're dismissed," Quickly, Ramnse began for Livius' room, with haste, arriving quickly. Guards opened the door, shutting it behind the general.

Ramnse was confused though, he didn't see the prince, well... Anywhere. "Livius?" Called out the military man with curiosity and concern," Liviu-" "Over here, General," Spoke a soft voice from outside the doorway-window, the one with silk curtains dangling in the evening breeze. Ramnse walked slowly across the room and past the frame of the doorway-window, finding himself on the balcony. "Livius..." Ramnse cleared his throat here," Y-you called me here..."

The blonde turn around, leaning back against the balcony railing. Livius was wearing a thin silk robe, with nothing below it, the wind causing it to float gently over the blonde's moonlit skin," I did... Come here..." The raven walked over to the robed blonde, wrapping his arms around his waist. "Anything new today on the war?" Asked the blonde as Ramnse began to kiss down the young male's neck," Troops was being moved to the south, a village was raided and burned-" "-What?" Livius ran a hand through the raven's hair, pulling the older man's head away from his neck. "What about the militia we had sent?" Sighing, Ramnse pulled the blonde into the bedroom, and onto the bed over him. "We never sent the militia. "WHAT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" Livius screamed to himself," Ah okay." Spoke the royal faintly as he straddled the man below him. "Sire... I want you... So bad..." Spoke Ramnse as he leaned up to kiss the prince. "I know..."

Before long it was morning, and the General had just sneaked out of the prince's room. No one but the guards knew of Livius' midnight affair with the General, and they weren't inclined to share the info.

Blue eyes narrowed at the blond when he called him a fool, laughing at him. What was it? Was he missing something? The other explained what an informant was and he's scoffed, rolling his eyes "I'm no idiot. I know what an informant is. I don't understand why you wish for me to be yours though" he said. After all, the prince must have a hundred men at his disposal to use as however he so wished and saw fit. Why would he choose someone like himself, unexperienced with the political ways the royals went about things. Someone who came from a land of nowhere in this country. Also, someone who didn't want to be taking orders by the prince. "And what if I refuse?" he inquired as he crossed his arms across his chest. He wouldn't be surprised if the other answered he'd be killed, or something of the sorts. But Raziel honestly had no intentions of working for the man and taking his orders. Even if it mean he could live in a far better place such as the palace. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he did, knowing his own brothers were starving and working hard for every grain of rice they got.

Eventually, the conversation ended, seeing as the prince no longer seemed interested in the conversation and discussion of it. It probably wasn't every day the blond dealt with someone who didn't want to listen to him and argued his every point. He mentally scoffed at the idea - spoiled brat. He stood as the other mentioned for him to leave, and Raziel left the room, stepping out into the hallways. Only, he didn't quite remember how to get back to the slave's quarters.

Eventually, the red head did find his way after a guard irritably told him where to go. He walked through the fairly silent halls of the palace; it was late, and so everyone must be asleep, or in their own rooms, taking times to themselves. Arriving back at the slaves quarters, the guard let him in. Raziel sat back on the edge of his bed, again ignoring all the others around him, talking amongst themselves.

Within the next hour, most of the slaves and servants had fallen asleep in their beds, but Raziel was still awake. He couldn't sleep. Still sitting on the foot of his bed, he leaned his head forward in his hands, elbows propped up on his knees as he sighed to himself, only thinking about his family and village. He wished he could be with them, helping them with the daily chores. Raziel took care of most of the heavy duty chores around the village, as there weren't a lot of men around his age. And he happily did the chores, not really finding them as chores. It was simply how they lived. He frowned, wondering who was taking care of it now. His father? His father was busy with taking care of the village as a whole though. And then there were his brothers...he wondered if they were okay. Raziel was always the one taking care of them, making sure they ate enough, went to sleep, he was like their mother almost, because their father was always busy. He bit his lip, unable to stop worrying about them.

Needless to say, the redhead didn't get any sleep that night. He was still awake, laying on his bed and staring at the ceiling as the hot morning sun rose over the desert horizon, bringing light upon the land and waking people up from their nightly slumbers. As the other servants around him woke by the sun, they started getting up and moving about, the room filling with bustling noise as they got ready for their duties, interrupting Raziel's silence. The boy just continued to lay there on the bed, hands behind his head - after all, he didn't know what he was supposed to do. And even if he did, it wasn't like he would do them for the people of this palace. Throughout the night, Raziel contemplated ways to escape. He wasn't stupid though, he wouldn't just blindly run off. He'd get familiar with the traffic of the castle and its halls before he tried anything.

With the sun just above the pyramids, the royal family- also known as the golden circle- met for a meal. Not many have seen her, but Livius has a sister. Viloa, was the young blonde's name, her beauty suiting for a princess. Golden plating and dinning sets rested on the wooden table, the small family gathering around it, taking their seats. "Livius..." Spoke the Pharaoh. Looking up as he adjusted himself in his seat, the young heir met eyes with this father. "Father?" Those too blue eyes met the brown ones his father owned," Did you take care of that slave?" Dropping his gaze, Livius chuckled a bit," Yes father, He should be no problem." "Good, good. Now, let's discuss the politics of this evening. The troop will be staying in the northern outlands, and our militia has sent word that they have reached the raided village." Livius' eyes widened, looking at his father. "You bastard... Your feeding us lies..." "-And Livius, you need to find a bride. You will not take the thrown till you do. No rush though, you have three weeks till the time will come that you will be taking the thrown." Just before the young heir could burst out in anger, the maid brought the food in, and the family began to eat.

Now, the heir was walking down the hall, still fuming from before. "I hate him! He doesn't know how to rule! Letting his people die?! Peh! What an asshole... I don't need a women to rule or please his gods." Quickly the young prince came upon the servants quarter, all cleared out but one person- and he knew who it would be. "Nameless, follow me," Demanded the prince.

((Sorry that this was so short, I couldn't write alot >_

(It's alright, still a decent length ^^. Your creativity died...do you mean for this rp, or, just in general? We could do something to make it more interesting if you're disliking the rp)

As he laid there silently in the bed, the redhead either drifted in and out of sleep, or he daydreamed and thought back to his family. He really did miss them, and hoped they were doing okay. He couldn't stop thinking about them. He sat up in the bed, rubbing his sore and scratchy throat. It felt worse today. It wasn't always bad, the illness had its ups and downs, and it was always manageable. Raziel found ways to deal with it, even under the poor and harsh living conditions he endured at his home village. He made it work.

It was acting up again though this morning, and he winced, feeling the itching pain in his throat. He put a hand to his neck, rubbing it lightly and massaging the front of it, hoping it would sooth the pain and make it go away. Instead, he just ended up coughing again. His head gripped the edge of the thin bed, the couch shaking through his throat and scratching it up along the way with blood. He covered his mouth as he coughed, hunching over as his chest burned in pain at the lack of air. After a few minutes, the coughing subsided, and Raziel was panting for his breath slightly, at the lack of ability to breath through the coughing.

He wiped his blood smeared hand onto the sheets, panting softly as he tried to even and slow his breathing, wanting to be sure he didn't set off another coughing fit in the process of catching his breath. Letting out a heavy, smooth sigh, he put a hand to his chest. Hearing a voice, he jumped slightly, glancing over to where the prince stood and he frowned "Why should I?" he huffed with a frown. He wasn't about to start taking orders from the other.

(No, no, no. What I mean is making my posts longer by filling it with scenery and background, things like that lol I guess creative block was more the phrase I should have said .u.)

Of course the redhead would keep his stiff upper lip, of course the other main would be increasingly more rebellious. Inhaling deeply, the prince did all he could not to started yelling and ranting. The blonde walked into the room, looming over the nameless foreigner," Listen. If you're not going to help me right the wrongs my father did, then just leave. I can do as much as I was already doing and accomplish more that way." Shaking his head, Livius huffed and turned away. "Why did I even think someone from the outlands would want to change anything..." Beginning out the door, the blonde stopped. "I gathered new information proving my father a false leader, if you decide you want to save your village or maybe even your family, come to my room. Otherwise leave, cause just laying there you're not worth shit to anyone."

Long strides brought the young prince to his room, the two usual guards opening the door for him," I may have a servant visit my quarters." Nodding to the prince, his guard shut the doors. For a brief moment, the young man stood there, just breathing, absorbing the moment. Walking forward, he stood on his balcony, watching the inner city. Livius was exhausted from his information seeking, honestly. Sex every night for months just to get a smidgen of information- and really, how often can Ramnse do it? Nevermind, let's leave that question blank...

"Please come, foreigner... I can't fake this much longer-Seriously, my ass is tired..."

(ahhh I see XD it's fine ^u^ )

Raziel watched the other with curiosity and suspicion. His blue eyes narrowed speculatively when the blond male had turned back around and strode over to him where he now sat on the edge of his bed. He was expecting some sort of backlash. Either some sort of pain or yelling, ordering around in punishment with the other going on about how he was prince, heir to the throne, and had all the control. But instead, Raziel received something completely different and unexpected. He blinked a bit at the others words. Right the wrongs of his father, he said? He was confused at first. Why would the blond want to do that? Of course, Raziel had been the one ranting about it to him the other night, that he should take some charge and do something about the situation. He didn't know Livius was already like that though.

Raziel had come here - or, been forced her, anyways - with the engraved idea in his head the prince was a nothing, simply a shadow of his father, too dependent by his royalty and being the heir to realize the corruptness going on all around the land. But perhaps, Raziel had really been the wrong wrong. He didn't think the prince could be this sort of man he appeared to be. Since arriving hear, Livius didn't seem like his father at all - perhaps a bit spoiled and rich in attitude and personality, but he was rather independent, and determined in his own mind, it seemed.

When the redhead was done just sitting there in awe contemplating everything that had happened so far in his interactions with the prince, he realized the blond was already gone. Standing up, he briskly left the servants quarters and headed towards the princes room. Thankfully, the redhead had a good photographic memory and recalled each turn and hall he was supposed to take to get there, even with only one or two trips there. Arriving, he awkwardly stopped in front of the guards "Er....the prince wanted to speak with me" he said, almost unsure. He didn't know if he was supposed to knock himself, or have the guards let the prince know...Raziel was just a poor outlander, he had no idea how things like guards and royalty worked things.

Guards looked to one another as the redhead came upon them, this must have been the slave that Livius spoke of. Before the outlander could finish his sentence the doors to the room opened, shining bright mid day light across the ground. The prince was still on the balcony, but he had turned at the sound of the door swinging open.

"So you decided to come... Glad we've final gotten on the same page..." Spoke the blonde as he walked into the room from the balcony. "Would you like something to drink before we begin speaking- or rather, I'll make us drinks. Drink it if you want it..." Waltzing over to the drink bar he had, he poured to cups full of wine and then twirled on his heels, starting to walk towards his lounging area with comfy chairs and a coffee sized table.

Sitting in his seat, the by set the cups down, gesturing for the redhead to sit with him. "Please, sit and I'll tell you all that I know..."

((Sorry it is short, I have work in a few ]: ))

(Tis okay ^^)

Raziel shifted on his feet a bit awkwardly, not receiving a response from the tall, broadly muscles men, as they simply opened the doors for him. He shuffled his feet on inside so he didn't have to endure the awkward silence or stares of the men any longer. He glanced around the room he had been in once before. He wondered where the prince was, before his eyes landed on the blond when he spoke and entered through the blowing drapes of the balcony, into the room. Raziel didn't respond to the others words or comment, of them being on the same page. Though the redhead wasn't so sure they were, he just didn't argue. It wasn't important, or worth it.

When the other offered drinks, he tried to stop him from making one before frowning and sighing softly "I'm still not going to drink it" he spoke as he followed the other over to the chairs. He couldn't believe how grand this room was - wasn't it supposed to be a bedroom? Yet, it seemed like each section and corner of the room was another within it. There was a lounge room, it appeared, where they were now sitting. There was a small kitchen-like section. A bar with various drinks amongst it. And the bed itself. Not to mention a lot of floor space between the objects and 'sections' of the bedroom. Raziel didn't understand it. A bedroom was to sleep in, that was all. So why the need for so many other things within it? He supposed it was just the life of the rich; if they could afford it, then why not?

Nonetheless, Raziel didn't comment about the room as he sat across from the other, unable but to notice how he sunk into the cushions. Everything about this place amazed him. He shook the trivial thing from his mind before looking back to Livius as he spoke, and he nodded his head "Yes, I'd like to hear..." he spoke softly, genuinely interested. Maybe the prince indeed wasn't quite as monstrous and cruel as he thought he had been.

((Lol I did this reply at work on my phone xD))

Livius took a swig of the wine he had pour before beginning to speak. "Well, over the past few months I've been..." He passed here, thinking of how to phrase his next few words," Procuring current military information with the use of my body." Saying those words left a bad taste in his mouth, so again, he took a sip of his drink. "Last night, my source told me that they have either stopped or never even providing arms and guards to select southern

Outland Villages that needed them most, and this cause one village to be burnt down." Sighing, the blonde sat up in his chair," this morning at our daily family breakfast, my father proclaimed to have had militia sent to the southern Outland villages... An I assure you, my source is where you'd want to get information. He's one step below my father..."

(lol XD nice. Where do you work?)

The red head watched the other as he began to speak, and went on to explain what he currently knew about the military movements and going-ons. He leaned back a bit as he listened, raising an eyebrow at the others momentary pause, before he went on to explain how he had been getting his information. He blinked a bit, stunned slightly. Was he understanding the other correctly? Well, how else could the prince have meant that? Raziel was a bit stuck on that thought, even as the other went on about what he'd been learning and getting as information. He vaguely listened to the other, though still stuck on was he said before, slightly appalled by it.

He raised his head to look at the other a bit more directly, sensing he was done talking for the moment being. "Are you meaning to say...you've been having sex for this information?....and with a man??" he inquired. He was still in shock someone could do something like that with someone they didn't love. Or....perhaps, did he love him? "Forgive me for asking if it's too far, but...are you perhaps in love with this man?"