〔SAGA's Wonders〕 OQ: #05

Saga

SAGA's Wonders〕

OQ: #05

Theme: Nature vs. Nurture.

Nature versus Nurture.

Hm. There was that line I once heard. A friend of mine actually told me about some movie they watched, and there was the line,"Are monsters born or made?"

I don't know what defective means anymore. By standards it has a clear definition - imperfection or not functioning. In this society it is a must to function according its needs,else you are defective.

Let's drop for a minute the self-made definition of each individual for being different and unique, we call ourselves this way. But in fact, the society sees us 'defective'. Just like one big machine when error appears in its software -it's taken care of and by no means it's something as good as it might sound, 'to be taken care of'.

Surely, some of us are born genetically different. But a genetically different doesn't necessarily means...'monster'. I think the question is asked wrongly. It should be, "Who is more monster, the one born this way or the one made this way?"

Being born this way, I think it became as an excuse for some people. Hell, there is a song with that message, imagine. I think the one who knows is different(defective) doesn't try to stand out anymore - they want to blend for the sake of surviving, for the majority started claiming to be such actually - which particularly makes them 'the same in the different'.

Person A: You will see, I am not the same. I am different from the other men/women.

Person B: I am so lost in this world, because I am different and I can't fit.

Person C: I am different and I am proud of it.

Person D: I think I am unhappy because I am different from what others want me to be.

How come...so many people 'being different' feel so lonely and alone when they are 'the same in the different'? Wonders, huh.

But if for a moment we go back to primitive means. The predator is born to be a predator, is it? Funny enough, I just recalled a funny kid story I read when I was around nine years old.

There was a mouse, so fragile and frightened, after all, so many predators around. And that mouse made a wish, "I want to be a lion! The king of all predators!" The mouse became a lion, but even as a lion it still was frightened by a simple, domestic cat. The story was named, "The lion with the heart of a mouse".

I take both for equal. This is my answer. Nature or nurture - same, just different pre-history, that's all. 'The same in the different'.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueNeon

• Saga

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are monsters born or made?

Born, made and reborn at the same time, lol. Actually, of what are we talking about? Monsters like.. Osama bin Laden? Or monsters like that monster we all have inside?

Not a part of question, but..

Who is more monster, the one born this way or the one made this way?

Heh, you won't become something out of the blue if you don't have potential. There's no "monster" made this way.