〔SAGA's Wonders〕 OQ: #03

Saga

SAGA's Wonders〕

OQ: #03

Theme: To Save.

Imagine yourself on a small piece of ground(earth), something like micro-island. It's nothing big. Enough to make 5 steps to all the four directions. All around you is water, seemingly you are in the middle of the ocean. Stormy weather, too.

Now, pick two persons. Most precious persons in your life. One should be blood related (but if not, someone equal to blood related) - child,brother, sister, parent, grand-parent and so on (just to be close to your heart). The other should be someone you love deeply, but not blood related (not a must again; someone as close as the other) - lover, your crush, husband/wife, or some friend you feel like brother/sister. As long as you are ready to give your life for them.

On your left Person Blood Related is drowning, on your right Person Giving My All For You is drowning too. Both are on same distance from you and the micro-island. You don't have the time to save both, but only one of them. Who would you save and why?

[Own answer delayed due to laziness. XD. I will reply tomorrow.

EDIT: Answer posted below.]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• BlueNeon

• Never

• teaandyoghurt

This would be my hell. I would save my mother (the blood-related one) because she gave life to me and I could never thank her enough for that. In such a moment I couldn't go in the other direction and let her drown.

Note: Yeah, yeah. Things like, I will try to save both or blah blah. The question is clear, one has to die. No cheating from other posters. I also want to save both. But sometimes wanting is not enough.

Father. And brother.

Keep in mind that my brother is the creature that annoys me the most (way too often). And my father is the being that is like my idol.

Two blood related persons. That's hard. And no matter what I choose - rather, no matter who I choose to save, it will hurt. And I know, I will never forgive myself. And I know...I will bear the hatred of the saved one, or I will bear their grieve along with mine. Or both.

I choose my brother.

I don't know. It's not I love him more. It's not I will feel like a better person. Nothing will feel good after that, and will never feel right. But between my brother's grieve and hatred and my father's ones...I will be able to shelter, bear and carry my brother's one.

They say..no parent wants to see off their own child to the other world before they die themselves. They say...no parent will save themselves but not their child. I don't want to know the tomorrow when my father will look at me with the eyes of a parent that .. actually, knowing that old man. He might make the choice instead of me. *chuckles* He is way too sneaky.

Life is a domino of hard choices, unexpected decisions and tragic twists that bring forth a new beginning. I don't want to see a tomorrow where my choice will leave a tragic that brings forth only regrets. I want to see a tomorrow of my brother's eyes (he has my father's eyes) that will ask me why mutely and probably judgmentally. And probably...one day when he becomes a father, he will forgive or rather...he will understand. (:

Okay okay, I'll answer. Though I'm not very good at this sort of thing.

My two choices are my Son and His "other" Parent.

That being said, my answer is I'd "attempt" save my Son.

My reasoning? Well, first of all my ex can swim extremely well. That's honestly the first thing that comes to my mind. Second would be their very smart; so I'm almost sure they'd be thinking of ways to save their own ass.

Now, the bad things: Any good swimmer can swallow water and choke. They can also get cramps and sink like a brick. Oh, and they can also get ate by a shark or strangles by seaweed and fishing wire. The downfalls of a perfectly healthy person flopping about in stormy waters is endless. Gruesomely so.

Now, onto my Son.

He's 13, so still young and not quite as water friendly. And, as most of you don't know; he also had Aspergers Syndrome which is a form of social Autism. It relates to the emotions and the lack of controlling or expressing them properly. So, with that comes extreme anxiety, over-reactions to things that aren't that big of a deal and the basic hyper metabolism that makes him an extremely difficult fish to catch. So, in choosing my Son I have also chosen to put my own life in Danger more so than if I were to jump in and grab the "Other" victim. The boy will most likely cling, scratch, scream, and basically go bonkers on me even while I am trying to save his life. Again, ad all the downsides to choking, cramps and whatever else to this scenario as well.

With that being said: Would I even be able to choose? Yes, yes I would. I would not hesitate to save my Son. However that is in my head. Whether or not my body can handle the shock of the situation is a completely different matter. I could try to take a step and crack an ankle. Or go to move and be frozen solid while watching them both sink. Who the heck knows?

As far as emotional thoughts. Well, I love my Son. I also "Loved" the -other- at some point in my life. Their lives are not honestly on different levels. In fact they weigh the same. My justification for saving my son is really only a parents wish for their child to live. I want to see him grow older and be happy with someone. I want to see the first dance, the first awards, the sports and the tumbles. I want to be a shoulder for the heart break or the first obstacle towards his goals and dreams.

Perhaps it's not hollow, but selfish? Regardless of sink or swim. I'm going with my Kid.

I'm old enough to make my choices and to carry the burden of losing people. No matter the circumstances.

No cheating from other posters.

Version 1: Let's say there is someone who happens to be blood related and not blood related at the same time. ;P Without 'let's say', there is one. I can combine the options into one single person? xD No? Damn..

Version 2: I'm a coward and I'll die first.

Version 3: Since the question is 'Who would you save and why?' and not 'Who are they?', I can play with that. I'll choose two people. None of them is blood related (but someone is equal -somehow- to blood related). And I'd save the one who trusted my untrustiness.

The question is not who you would save. But who you will leave to death.

Between my beloved person(not related by blood) and my father.

Probably I would choose to keep alive my father. Why?

Because I'm selfish.

And above everything, I'm a human.

Even if reason tells me that my beloved person has more life's time left than him and appoints to me that's the most benefic decision(in lot of ways). I would still save my father. He taught me something that anybody else couldn't, the deep respect and gratitude are inmensurable.

However, the burden carried for those who survive, is way too heavy, to him and for me. In the end, I wouldn't be able to save anyone, neither myself, from scourge. : )

• 2 months later...

So the three of us are on an island, 4x4 meters? No saviour in sight?

So one will die in extreme fear and the other from starvation? Well..f***...!

But lets think through it!

Ill think of two hypothetically people, the Blood Relative and the Friend, both beloved, on different ways but equally strong.

And since were in a situation of immediate danger, and I wont have time to rationally choose one of them, whomever I choose,

I'll regreted it later, because mankind always wants what it cant have!!

And then, we'll die...