〔SAGA's Wonders〕 OQ: #01

Saga

SAGA's Wonders〕

OQ: #01

Theme: Reality - Illusion.

If you could choose to make the hypothetical reality switch with some made up, but yet beautiful illusion...which will affect even the rest of the world, not only your life...would you drown them in into the illusion along with yourself..or would you...prefer the reality still..?

As for me,

I don't need a made up "reality" (illusion) where everything is fine, where everything is beautiful like off a fairy tale. Because, after all, pain makes us change. Because, after all, these moments of unhappiness and sorrow, laughter and joy, loneliness and solitude - when shared and lived, they make true bounds. Reality that knows no true despair will never know the supreme happiness.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shirotsuki

• BlueNeon

• XiuLin

• Never

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if we can post here but I agree with you that it would be better to live in reality than in an illusion and we should always be happy with our reality because if we are too greedy even the illusion wouldn't make us happy anymore. :hamtaro-005 (6):

Yeah we could choose to change the reality, but.... it would be relative, what I consider the best for the world might not be what you consider the best or anybody else, the vision of what's right or beautiful it's not the same for everyone. So I wonder if others could achieve happiness with what I think it is the best.

"Reality that knows no true despair will never know the supreme happiness."

I totally agree, only those who have known sadness(each person has his/her own portion in life) can enjoy the most faithful happiness.

I personally prefer the storm before the rainbow.

After every night comes a new day, After a painful death comes a new life.

So even if with difficulties, we must keep walking of instead getting stuck in dreams.

Ahahaha, in a hypothetical reality I can be full of compassion and good intentions - still, give a man power and you will reveal his true character. Being able to switch the reality = power... and power..=... man, this is too much for me. xD I don't know, I think I'll just leave the world as it is 'cause I don't care. I'm fine the way things are now.

This is a pretty interesting theme to discuss. It's not so easy to answer as one might think...

Someone who has felt extreme depression or has been under the suffering the world sometimes brings, could easily choose to live the rest of their life in an illusion.

I don't think i've ever been in such a state that makes me hate the reality i live in right now. However, i've seen things that make me wish, just for a while, to engulf myself in something like an illusion. Still, like some have said before, we can only know we are happy, after knowing how sadness feels. So, if i were to take all bad things away, how would i know i would be well and happy? I think i would just fall in an monotonous world, where no one knows what it means to feel good and everyone would do things just because they were meant to, but not wanting to achieve happiness.

Also, the fact that this change would affect the whole world and so many people, would stop me to change reality. I don't think i could ever be so selfish as to force my illusion onto everyone else.

I also do not wish my illusion to be on the rest of the world. I would rather create a better reality with myself and the people I choose to be in it.

• 2 months later...

There might be people who think that denying a perfect lie is the key to self-discovery, others maybe just want to be though, but I had my share of pain, I'd choose the Illusion.