Love Stage!! Discussion

Kouyu

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS.

973018250_orig.jpg

The anime is adapted from the popular yaoi manga by Author Eiki Eiki and Artists Zaou Taishi has finally arrived!

The story follows Sena Izumi, an oaku college student born to an idol family. A singing Father and Brother, and an Acting mother all hope for Izumi to become an idol as well, but Izumi has some different ideas. With no wish to become and idol, Izumi hopes to become a mangaka, or manga artist. Despite his disinterest in the idol world, Izumi finds himself doing a commercial he can't get out of. There he is reunited with Ichijou Ryouma, a handsome young idol he met long ago.

Characters include:

234463.jpg

Sena Izumi, our main protagonist. CV: Yonaga Tsubasa

234461.jpg

Ichijou Ryouma, our love interest. CV: Eguchi Takuya

252433.jpg

Sagara Rei, Sena family agent. CV: Hirakawa Daisuke

235069.jpg

And Sena Shougo, Izumi's older brother.

Your opinions?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kouyu

• STARRK

• nicer22

• unlove

Top Posters In This Topic

This anime is amazing i am currently watching and can't wait for the next episode...so far the episode go hand in hand with the books.^w^

It is quite a good anime, and manga as well. If you're watching the anime I also recommend reading the manga as well.

I have read the manga up until one point and I must say, I am very glad that they decided to make an anime from it. It's an amazing manga, it's funny and the art is beautiful. So hyped for the next episodes :Red_fox:

I absolutely love it!! Can't wait for the next episode! I like that it's going to be (at least what I have heard, not sure if it's true though..) a little longer anime. I hate when you watch some good yaoi and it's only like two episodes. I'm greedy, I need more :D

I haven't read the manga yet, just took a little peek online and as soon as I get some money I will get it :D

I'm loving this anime. My friends tell me that me and my bf look like Ryoma and Izuki... at first I was like I-Im not so sure i want to be ryoma! ;///;

but watching how this evolves is like watching me and my bf in our own anime~

I remember seeing this manga way back and wanting to read it, but I decided to wait until it was completed (I hate waiting for good manga to update) but then I heard it was being adapted into an anime so I decided to read it. It's so good and I'm loving the anime so far. The only thing that bothered me in the anime was when Ryouma pushed Izumi down in his house and they sorta censored out everything..It was un-needed and a bit annoying, but yeah! Awesome so far!

• 4 weeks later...
It is quite a good anime, and manga as well. If you're watching the anime I also recommend reading the manga as well.

I have a question to this, Naiyu. I usually don't read manga for a story I started watching as anime, because in my opinion anime with all its atmosphere and senses it provides it much more exciting...Since you've seen both, do you prefer either one? Is something missing in either one? And one last thing...is manga further in a story is it usually is?

:cuteonion45:

- - - Updated - - -

I remember seeing this manga way back and wanting to read it, but I decided to wait until it was completed (I hate waiting for good manga to update) but then I heard it was being adapted into an anime so I decided to read it. It's so good and I'm loving the anime so far. The only thing that bothered me in the anime was when Ryouma pushed Izumi down in his house and they sorta censored out everything..It was un-needed and a bit annoying, but yeah! Awesome so far!

I should have read till the end...how could they cut such a scene?! I'm now seriously starting to think I should read manga of the episodes watched, too. (but not the upcomming anime episodes since it will lose excitement then :D)

:leaf15:

*tries hard to avoid reading spoilers* Never read the manga.

Ryouma's yum yum.

I hate girly cross-dress trans yaoi( influenced by bokunopico and okaneganai), but I love Love Stage! + waited so long for it. I was so disappointed, when I watched the first ep, but I learned to like it. It's not really trans, so I'm OooK!

• 3 months later...

I've only just seen the show, so don't know is all this applies to the manga. The last episode (episode 10) had so much to resolve and wrap up, and the first 10 minutes were just Izumi getting gangbanged by a bunch of drug dealers, but I thought the last episode really wrapped up everything well and was a good ending to the show. I liked the OVA tho and I'll probably check the manga if I get a break where I get bored of songwriting or Devil May Cry 3.

• 2 weeks later...

This manga is something else honestly, it goes outside the box of the regular guide lines of yaoi, which is what always gets me excited when I read.

As for the anime, and do forgive me ahead of time, I felt it didn't meet my standards like the manga did. I'm not sure because it's basically the same thing on a 2-D moving screen, thing is there is no sexy scenes ( I know national tv w.e ) that ruined it for me. The art is just so great in every aspect that even the sexy scenes needed to be there!!!. I will compliment the anime on the confession scene when Ryoma says "I'm not your brother" *tears* that was beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I read the manga some time ago and found out just now there's also an anime. It's hilarious (I died at the elephant scene. I was lying on the ground laughing like a total maniac for at least one minute) and has interesting plot and that's something I really appreciate in anime, as a lot of them lacks it. I personally don't miss the sexy scenes at all, as I am more of a shonen-ai watcher :)

I mean, who doesn't fall in love with Izuma? He's probably the cutest thing I saw in anime since about eternity. At many points I just wanted to be in Ryouma's place.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched anime first and after manga but for the first time, I love the mange more. There some awesome extra scenes that not gonna appear in those eps and everything is cute and exciting so there's no way I'd skip even a bit.

• 3 months later...

I will always prefer the manga, mainly due to the addition of story and detail that is left out during the anime. Do not mistake me, I love the animes, however coming from someone who loves to read, the manga is always a good idea when there is ample time.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the manga more than the anime. Because Ryouma is sooo cute! He have some extra scene where he is uke! LOL (But it's just one T^T) Love Stage have.. mixed positions? Is that what it's called? I mean the seme can be uke and the uke can be seme. That's why I love Love Stage! Ahahaha! I like Izumi, but I like Ryouma more and.. Rei too!