Insanity rp (1x1 Pigeon and pandamonium)

Kotorichan

Ryan stared down at the note, unable to believe his eyes. He had felt like he was willing to do anything for the other man. "What? But... We had an agreement.." He started to cry, feeling completely crushed. He fumbled to find his cell phone and called Mathis, desperate to talk to him.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pandamonium

• Kotorichan

Mathis felt his cell phone vibrate. He sighed, knowing full well that it was Ryan. He quickly declined the call. Having no intention of talking with Ryan.

Ryan started to cry harder. He started to text Mathis through his tears. "Wjhy areu uou leavoin? yojo saikd i coulad haov ocne weerk" he could barely see the screen and kept making typos.

Mathis felt a vibration and saw a message from Ryan. He ignored it and returned it into his pocket. He should've gotten rid of his phone when he had the chance. He turned his phone off and slipped it into his pocket.

Ryan called Mathis again and again, trying to reach the man, just to talk to him for a few minutes. Finally he gave up and collapsed on his floor, sobbing brokenly.

Mathis sighed. Covering his face with his hand. He began chuckling as tears slid down his face.

"I'm so sorry, Ryan. Please forgive my cowardice."

Twelve Years Later

Mathis stepped off the train. He kept his briefcase close to him. After so many years, he finally decided to return. He has lived his life in hiding after he began associating himself with dangerous men. He had acquired information over Ryan for the past several years. He put on his sunglasses and walked towards his destination.

Ryan had never managed to find someone to stay with, he kept thinking about Mathis no matter what. But he knew that he would never see the man again. He had gone back to working at the same flower shop, and still lived in the same apartment. He had friends but no one that he was in love with. He sat at a small coffee shop after work, sipping on an iced tea. His life hadn't really moved forward in any way, and he didn't really want it to at this point.

As he walked towards his 'business meeting', grew saw someone sitting at a cafe. He was tempted to run towards him and hug him tightly. Asking for forgiveness, but stopped himself. He casually walked towards the cafe, buying an espresso and joining Ryan a couple tables away. He hoped that his graying hair and mustache made him unrecognizable.

Ryan took small sips of his tea and tried to eat a muffin. He had lost a lot of weight since Mathis had left him, he just felt extremely depressed and didn't see any point in forcing himself to eat or stay in shape. He looked up and noticed a familiar face, but he couldn't believe his eyes. He stared at the man for a moment, trying to figure out if it was real or not.

He saw Ryan looking at him from the corner of his eyes. He cleared his throat. Raspy from years of smoking.

"Excuse me. May I help you? It's rather rude to stare." He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. Taking a drag and exhaling. Sipping his espresso.

Ryan blinked at the voice and the sight of cigarettes. "Sorry... You just look like someone..." His shoulders slumped and he dropped his gaze back to the table. "He would never come back here though..." He sounded like he was about to cry, seeing someone that reminded him of Mathis only made the pain worse.

Mathis held back going to comfort Ryan. His heart ached and he was so thankful that the sunglasses covered his eyes. He cleared his throat again. Trying to push back the ball in his throat.

"It's quite alright. Sorry for eavesdropping, but who's never coming back?"

"Just someone I fell in love with... Years and years ago... But I just couldn't be enough for him so..." Ryan covered his face with his hands. "Now I'm all alone..."

Mathis felt his chest tighten. He covered his mouth, feigning a cough. "I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'd find someone."

He realized what he said and finished his espresso.

"Well, I need to attend a business meeting. I wish you the best, my friend. Goodbye."

He grabbed his briefcase and walked away.

Ryan couldn't even respond, he knew it was pointless. He would never find someone. He started to cry softly, his shoulders shaking with every sob.

Mathis overheard him crying. He stopped, turning around. He gingerly gave Ryan a hug.

"Please...move on. More for your sake than his. Don't cry for him. He isn't crying for you."

He picked up his briefcase and continued on his way.

"I know..." Ryan breathed, unable to stop his tears. "I know..." he let his head rest on the table, trying to fight back the hopelessness rising in his chest.

Mathis continued walking, not looking back. Tears began to stream down his cheeks. A sharp pain in his chest. He clutched his chest, trying to hold back sobs.

"I'm so sorry, Ryan. I'm so sorry..."