Ai No Kusabi-Old version

Darwina

I just can't explain how much i got my heart broken and crying..i am completely depressed .. after Bronze zetsuai this anime just stroke me.. why they both gone together? Iason..riki..I've always shipped them in my top 5 list..:leaf9:

anyone got the feeling?tell your opinion..

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Poker face

• Darwina

• ghader

• woooot

The old Ai No Kusabi is one of my favorites.

I had a pleasant sad feeling at the end.yet it would have been sadder if one of them had survived and left behind crippled and traumatized.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean, it is such a tragic ending! In my opinion, I think it was a fitting way to close the story though... it was bittersweet, with Riki finally realizing his love for Iason, and they both died happy in each others' arms. I think it would have been hard for both of them otherwise, with Riki being traumatized and looked down upon both in Eos and the slums, and with Iason defying all of the Blondie 'rules'. I don't know how the story could have continued with them being together...their type of forbidden love is destined to be tragic, I think!

I hope the new remake is continued! Have you read the novel? It sheds some light on a few things that weren't really explained in the anime.

Sorry for the long response, I hope it makes sense!

• 3 weeks later...

Ai No kusabi was my first yaoi anime. I loved it even though it was hard for me to understand the story of it back then. but the older I got the more I understood and the more I loved it. The old anime was nice in the way of having all relevant informations together in 2 OVAs but I am loving the 2012 version since the anime was really based on the novels. Sadly they stopped at Episode 4 without completing it. T_T

• 3 months later...

I first watched the remake of Ai No Kusabi, but then I couldn't help wanting more from it and even though old anime is not really my thing, I decided to watch the old version from the 90s, But what I expected to see and what I actually saw were like TOTALLY different! I'm still shocked, at how it blew me away in the very first seconds I pressed play and started watching. That moment I told my self: "Duuuuude!! This is a JEWEL!" And just to think this was made over 20 years ago, like, even older than me...!! Of course it has its flaws but still, after over 20 years of its production, you can watch it and enjoy. :3