【월광】《moonlight》⇒Bellala99 + K-pop_Roleplayer

K-pop_Roleplayer

tumblr_n6jijgFSOP1rb5mk5o1_500.png

NAME: 박찬열 (Park Chanyeol) HANJA: 朴燦烈

TRAITS: Funny, talkative, anxious in most situations, kindhearted.

BIO: Through primary school, Chanyeol was taunted because of his "irregular" ears, height, and clumsiness. The Korean was always a gentle giant, not daring to step out of line and hurt someone for laughing at his ears, or how he walked into the girls' restroom, running out within a few seconds with dark red splotches over his cheeks. The bullies quickly figured out the tallest student in the class wasn't a threat, despite his appearance.

After finally graduating from primary school, shy, friendless Chanyeol carried hope of finally finding a friend in the huge school, with four other schools feeding into it. Which he did, YC and Chanyeol becoming quick friends after an incident in the cafeteria. Both boys were joined at the hip, helping each other, keeping bullies away. Chanyeol, still growing, gradually built up enough confidence to hold conversations with strangers, and in their final year in junior high, decided to run for student council. With YC's help, he won the election, posters with his charming smile and cliché political slogans lining the halls until the end of the year. YC and Chanyeol remained best friends through the entire stressful year until the pair split up to attend their respective highschools. In with the new and out with the old, the growing teens lost contact with each other, opting for hanging out with new friends or looking over the new books at the library.

Finally, they had graduated highschool, and Chanyeol, like most young adults, is scraping up every cent to pay for college. Ambitious and honestly a late-bloomer, Chanyeol decides music theory is more of his forte. But the class required more than just a music stand and a good attitude, calling for instruments from certain companies - Chanyeol had made it into a private institution, of course, but hadn't earned a free ride. Another problem he was facing was where he was going to live. His parents were more than ready to have their only son out of the house to take out his room and put in a swimming pool. It wasn't like the house he grew up in was close to the college anyway.

With his phone in hand, lying on his old bed, Chanyeol ran through his long list of friends to eventually people he had seen with room in their home for one more roommate. As the hours pass, each call he made denying him a space to live, he sighs. Staring at the screen of his phone, only at that moment he realized he forgot his old friend from junior high. Not even having to look YC up in his contacts, his fingers typing in the numbers he had known so well when he was younger, not taking the time to think of the chance of his friend changing numbers, no, he shouldn't have, without telling Chanyeol. The Korean anxiously holding his breath once the phone breaks its third ring, a bright smile spreading between his lips.

"H-hey, it's Park Chanyeol... Do you happen to remember me from junior high?"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• K-pop_Roleplayer

3_zps075c2d51.jpg~original

Name: Byoun Jae

Traits: Shy, helpful, polite, quite the gentleman.

Bio: Born into a small family outside town, Jae was never a kid who could make a lot of friends. In fact, up until he graduated from primary school, he didn't have even one person he could call a 'friend'. He may have had a lot of acquaintances, but he really didn't trust no one fully. Because of that he turned to books, and later on - writing. Jae was always a good student, ready to help out his classmates if they ever asked as well... Just not during tests. Once, he did that once and barely avoided having his parents called to class for that... Thankfully, the one he was helping out took the blame - from then, Jae never did that again, in fear of getting a punishment for it. He was still up for helping people in need, however.

When he finally entered middle school, he found his first friend. Jae immediately took a liking to Chanyeol, a guy he saw a bit like himself. Neither of them had a lot of friends, so often it ended up the two of them just spending time together. Chanyeol was also the very first person (except for his parents) to read Jae's written stories. Truth was, he never wanted to show off with them too much, but with the encouragement from his friend and teachers, he finally sent a short story to the school's newspaper. That wasn't the last time it happened. Jae continued writing, won a few contests before deciding to write a proper book. Of course, having someone to actually make copies and sell it was hard... He almost gave up.

Finally, one of the smaller companies decided to take the book for themselves and, well, Jae was more than surprised. The book seemed to be getting really popular quickly and, of course, he got enough money to last himself for at least a few years. Jae got a nice house and soon went to college to enroll in korean history. Yes, history. Most of his stories featured older times, with many details from this world or even fantasy... People seemed to like the way he wrote, and he couldn't be any happier to know that.

•••

One day, when he was peacefully walking one of his many dogs in the park, his phone rang. The number seemed awfully familiar, but, sadly, most of his contacts from the past were lost, since he managed to get his phone stolen at some point. With a soft sigh, he stopped the dog to take off the leash and went off to sit down at the bench to then answer his phone. "Yes?" He asked quietly, though the voice he heard made his eyes widen, at the very least. A smile lit up on his face as he leaned back against the bench and chuckled lightly. "Hey, of course I remember you! How've you been?" Jae asked with a light smile on his face while observing his dog. He hadn't heard of Chanyeol for such a long time... Just what did he need after so long?

At the sound of Jae's voice, Chanyeol froze, feeling all of his confidence leave him and pool onto the floor.

This is how he felt in the forgotten days of school before becoming a representative of a school.

Taking a moment, Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair as he moves to lie back on the mattress, staring at the ceiling for a few more seconds before replying shakily. "I-I've been.. good." Chanyeol smiles again, this time uneven and weak. "How h-have.. you... b-been doing? .. Do you think it would be okay if I were to be your roommate?" The latter question managed to slip out, his hand's grip tightening around his phone in shock. "What the hell, Chanyeol," he mumbles to himself, audibly enough to hear over the phone. "L-look, I'm sorry, Jae, I mean, we can go get a coffee or something if you want to see me before you decide? I can do anything for you, like cleaning and stuff and I'll get an actual part-time job to pay for the space you can give me, if you want to let a person you hadn't seen since junior high come live with you." His face turned a darker shade each second he spoke, his face completely scarlet once he took a breath, hoping his rushed explanation was enough to save him from his outburst. Jae is Chanyeol's last chance - he knows he can't afford any lower chance of approval. He's already as much of an idiot a tall kid like him could be. And to be honest, after hearing Jae's voice, he realizes he misses his friend. They already had so much fun in junior high together. Being at a new school again would be comforting to actually have a friend the first day of school.

Jae blinked a few times at how nervous Chanyeol actually sounded. He couldn't help but let out a soft, quiet chuckle. The other actually sounded rather cute like this... “I'm doing great, right now I'm with Nala~ You remember that little collie I got, right? She's still with me~“ Jae smiled widely as he stroked the fur of the said dog. He smiled softly as she nuzzled her head into his hand. Such a cutie... “Ah, roommate? Well... I really wouldn't mind that, but why do you want that in the first place?“ The young writer questioned softly as he scratched its dog behind its ear. “Yeah, I'd like to meet up before you move in... Ahh, don't worry yourself with stuff like this! My home's always open to an old friend~“ Jae smiled softly as he stood up. “How does today in the La mere cafe sound to you? Would you manage to get there at, let's say, six in the evening?“ Jae offered while starting to feel a bit excited. It'd been so long since he last saw Chanyeol, he was looking forward to it! The writer smiled to himself as he began walking again, heading home. He still had his cats to take care of... And his hamster... And his parrots... And his bunny... He was thinking of getting a horse some time ago but decided against it when he realized he couldn't give it as much time as it would need.

Chanyeol's smile brightens as he thought about the fluffy collie, nodding over the phone. "Y-yeah.. That's.. That's good, Jae. I'm glad you still have her. Has she been doing good?" He asks, gritting his teeth, finding himself staring at the small coffee stain on his quilt, one of the only things he had decided to not pack away for college. Taking a few moments, not bothering to look at the time, he agrees. "Yes, of course, Jae. I'll.. explain everything to you once I get to La mere? Really, agreeing to such things over the phone is dangerous, you know. I could've turned into.. a serial killer! You never know." He continues to ramble on, his phone wedged between his shoulder and his ear. "Alright, so, I'll see you at six!" He finishes, deciding he was too embarrassed to carry on, promptly ending the call, throwing his phone on the bed. As the device sprang back up, Chanyeol caught sight of what time it was - four o'clock. Crossing the mirror in his room, Chanyeol took in the sight of his Pororo pajama pants, shirtless half, and his bed head hairstyle. Nearly sprinting into his bathroom, he squirts hairgel onto his palm, beginning to work on revitalizing his traditional hairstyle.

With a Boy London snapback on top of his wet hair, Chanyeol bit his lip, concentrating the best he could on the road. If only his truck wasn't older than he was, he would've been able to roll down the windows to dry out his hair and play songs over the radio and scream the lyrics of the song until he didn't have the strength to be upset anymore.

But Chanyeol still needs that energy to complete the exhausting task known as talking to people.

Chanyeol stepped down from his truck after he pulled into a parking spot, closing the door behind him, then began making his way to the little coffee shop. After taking a few steps, he stops, feeling uncomfortable, and looks down. He accidentally put on his mother's black Nike shorts. And damn, were they short.

The Korean's face instantly turns bright red and rushes into the coffee shop, taking a seat at one of the booths, and makes sure to sit next to the window. Holding his face in his hands, he prays for his life to not get any worse than this, and finds himself asking the ever beckoning question of, "How could it?"

“She's been doing great, in fact I think she might have puppies soon! See, there's been a nice dog around for a while, also a collie... I took him in since he was lost, but the owner found him and took him back~“ Jae talked happily as he smiled, slowly walking home. The man laughed softly at what his friend said and shook his head. “Please, you would never be like that. We both know you're too nice!“ Jae laughed softly, just as he reached home. “Yeah, see you.“ He smiled as he put his phone back into his pocket and hummed while unlocking the door. The young male took care of all his kittens and other animals, then put on simple jeans and a button up shirt as well as a black jacket before leaving home.

When he reached the decided cafe, Jae sighed out softly while shaking his head. He could already see one man he didn't want to see at all... There was a certain modelling agency that was trying to recruit him as a model. He didn't really want to... The young male sighed as he entered the shop and smiled brightly at the sight of Chaneyol. He'd remember that face even when he was woken up in the middle of the night! With a soft hum, he walked towards the other and lightly poked at his side like he did before. “Heey~“ Jae smiled before sitting down across the table. “Is something wrong?“ The man asked softly when he realized the other was holding his face in his hands before.

Chanyeol blinks at the sudden touch, intruding on his planning of how to get out of the shop without revealing his shorts, he looks up to see his old friend. He smiles immediately, leaning across the table once Jae sat down to hug him tightly, then pulls away after a few moments, looking over his now-fullygrown friend. "Aigoo~ It's been so long~" he commented, still smiling, gazing at his friend. His smile drops, his eyes darting away from the figure in front of him to focus on anything else, instead moving his hand onto the table to draw small figures on the table. "No," he mumbles, "nothing at all." Hesitantly, he looks back at Jae, blinking a few times as he stares before his eyes drop back to the tabletop again. His hand stills on the woooden, glossy table as he takes a breath. "... How have you been? What have you been doing? Are you dating anyone yet?" He asks, managing to startle himself with his sudden questions. Deciding to put his anxiety behind him, at least for the time being, he looks back at Jae, wearing a more confident smile. "No one is giving you any trouble?"

Jae smiled warmly as he returned the hug gently, closing his eyes for a small moment. He chuckled lightly at Chanyeol before nodding at his words. “Too long, I'd say.“ His smile disappeared the moment his friend's did. “I won't take that for an answer. Tell me what's wrong.“ Jae asked quietly as he narrowed his eyes lightly. “Is there something else that you need? Someone or something? Anything I can help with?“ Jae questionedd before quietly calling a waitress and ordering a glass of water for start. He also asked to bring the menus. The questions he heard from his friend made him smile lightly again. “Well... I've been doing pretty good, I recently wrote a new book, I still work at the same cafe as before... And I broke up with my boyfriend not too long ago.“ He said quietly, not even trying to hide the fact that he was gay. It wasn't that important. “Trouble? Well... If a never-giving-up modelling agency is trying to get me there as a model counts, yes. I mean... I'm not trying to brag about it, but that's so annoying... They just don't give up! Ever!“

The taller gently shakes his head, avoiding any kind of contact from Jae and the waitress; hands retreating from the surface, eyes darting to look anywhere than at the man across the table or the woman beside him, a hesitant moistening of his lips. He waits patiently until the waitress turns to walk away, waiting until she was out of earshot to speak. "Well, it's just.. college, you know? And, I mean, are you sure you want to allow me into your place? I've always bit a been.. clumsy with things, from talking to people to walking from one room to another - you've witnessed it yourself back when we were younger." Chanyeol shifts in his seat, hesitantly looking up to look back at his friend, hoping he would understand. His eyes widens, though, hearing Jae's accomplishment. "That's great, Jae! I'm really happy for you." He says sincerely, scratching at his nape as he shyly looks away from his friend. "I-I'm sorry, I honestly.. didn't know. I haven't read a book since you gave me the last of yours to read, you know. Well, except for textbooks, if those count.." Mumbling to his sense of disloyalty to his friend, he sighs shortly, looking back at Jae again, blinking a few times, expressionless. "O-oh, I'm sorry.. Then.. did you like being with him while it lasted? What kind of person was he to you?" He asked, opening the menu after a few seconds. "I still haven't really dated anyone yet," Chanyeol says, unashamed. "Just.. you know, I've been busy. And even with a guy - admittedly, the word had slipped past his lips - that I really like.. haven't seemed to like me back yet." He said, smiling sadly to himself as he played with his napkin and his utensils.

Hearing 'modeling agency' managed to bring his head back up with a certain look of interest in his eyes. "Do you, then.. not have any interest in modeling..?" He asked, a bit hesitant. "Is there something about it that you don't like, or is it something else?"

Jae laughed softly while lightly shaking his head. "Yeah, I know you are, but why would that matter? I mean... As long as you don't kill any of my pets, I'm all okay with that." The man said with a slightly nervous chuckle. "I really hope you don't mind living with a bunch of animals..." He muttered out, a rosy blush spreading across his cheeks. He always felt a bit embarrassed to talk about stuff like that. Sure, he saved those animals mostly, but people often thought of it as weird. He raised his eyes up to Chanyeol when he said he hadn't read his book. "Oh, that's not a problem. I don't expect you to know each of my books, we haven't really contacted with each other for a long time~" Jae chuckled lightly before the other decided to continue the talk about his ex-boyfriend. "Look, could we maybe not talk about that?" He asked quietly, looking down at the table with a slightly sad expression. "It's... It's a bit hard, you know." The young male muttered out as he began looking through the menu. His thoughts drifted back to the stupid reason of their break-up - apparently, Jae wasn't paying the other enough time. Writing and taking care of his pets took too much out of him. The black-haired male lifted his eyes back up at his friend and let out a soft, warm smile. "A guy you like? You should try to confess. If it doesn't work out, you'll at least know you tried." Jae suggested with a soft smile. Finally deciding on what to eat, Jae groaned out when the other said something about modelling. "I just really, really don't want the job. Modelling seems awfully tiring, and, I don't know... I mean, the guy who's trying to recruit me is nice and all, but I just don't want it at all."

Blinking a few times, Chanyeol quickly shook his head. "No, of course I don't. I'm just happy to be... somewhere, honestly, and being with a person I know well makes it even better." He said, hands wrapped around the bottom of the booth's seat. "Even if you're pets were always trying to kill me, I wouldn't do anything to hurt them, in case if I did, would cause you to make me move out. I'm extremely grateful, Jae." Nodding with a humble smile once he finished what he felt he needed to have said, he blinks a few times, turning away to glance around the cafe, nodding shortly and returns his attention to Jae, looking at him apologetically. "I know, but still, I should have followed you." Finding himself unable to actually keep still, he rests his arms on the table, spinning his only ten thousand won watch around his wrist. "I'm.. I'm really sorry Jae. Of course, I'm sorry for intruding on something like that. I should have known not to." Keeping his voice down, Chanyeol hung his head, watching as the silver plastic moves across his skin. "Well, I mean, it's never really been anyone close. It's always in public, which means I always.. screw something up." He said, nearly exhaustedly, lifting his head to look at the Korean across from him. "You experienced it firsthand. I'm so clumsy." Shaking his head, he returns to turning his watch on his wrist, listening as Jae leads on to modeling. Looking back up, Chanyeol blinks a few times, staring with a bit of an empty look. "Now, why exactly.. Do you think that?" Chanyeol releases a short sigh, blinking a few times, looking at Jae in complete honesty. ".. What would you do if I became a model? Do you think I could become one, with.. how I look?" He adds, moving his hands to his ears in an attempt to cover them.

"There's nothing you should've done... I'm surprised you even remember me!" Jae said with a light smile as he shook his head. "I'm not that famous, anyway. I mean... I have a lot of things to improve, and I hope someday I can write a really great book." The young male said with a soft smile as he looked down. "Do you think I can do it?" He asked softly, uncertainty making its way to his eyes and voice. He never trusted his own abilities... The writer ignored the topic about his ex-boyfriend completely and let out a soft smile at his friend. "I still think you should keep trying." He said softly, trying to encourage the other. "Clumsy isn't that bad... I mean, you just have to be really careful, right?" Jae teased slightly with a soft chuckle before the talk turned back to modelling. Jae groaned out quietly and sighed. "First, anyone could become a model if they want to. I don't! The diets alone are enough for me to back out... I don't want to lose my sweets!" The young male whined a bit childishly. Honestly, he was like this only with Chanyeol. "And, I don't know... From what I've seen and heard. The work is really hard and tiring... Though I would get a lot of money, it seems..." He sighed and rested his head on his arms with a small pout. "I still don't want to."