Biggest turn off?

鼠ドル

When there's not serious romance development. There's nothing that completely makes me drop a manga/ anime faster than mindless sex without a single romantic word between the characters. I don't know I guess I'm just a pure romantic.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 鼠ドル

• sarah3161

• Virdian*

• Dayu

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate shota and bara. And anything that doesn't have a good enough plot. It just bores me when everything is about sex and you don't see the relationship develop or any emotions from the characters. I think that's bad writing... but I'm a writer so maybe that's why I'm so critical lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well aside from the ones mentioned ( shota, rape etc) here:

-Plot that takes forever, chapters and chapters where none of the characters show signs of being attracted to one another, it's not interesting, specially for manga that comes three times a year. This kind of yaoi plot is not very common , but when one of these appears, it's always praised "pacing". This kind of manga bores me to tears tbh.

-When it seems that the concept of homosexuality doesn't exist in their world . Stuff like "oh he's going to leave me for a girl" even though the other guy never looked at a girl once, or "how could i like him, he's a man, that's not possible" are you sure, uke-kun?? like being gay is not exactly an obscure concept . Or " it's only youuu" blerghh.

Also when everybody else is oblivious, like in the novels with the tsundere dude, the blond guy and his daughter, nobody can tell the two dudes are in a gay relationship, even though it's pretty damn obvious.

-Tsundere guys who never changes his tsundere ways ( The Tyrant Falls in Love cof cof)

-Students and teachers: just no or adopted brothers, father/brother figure , they met when one of them was a kid etc.

-A subplot that has nothing to do with the main relationship, in yaoi manga when they appear they tend to be good or at least passable, but they are hard to follow as the chapters aren't published very frequently. On the other hands, in novels, these plots tend to be shitty specially in the wester ones, and tend to be waaay too long.

-Everybody and their mama is gay ( it just breaks my suspension of disbelief) , or a dude is just waay too beautiful and perfect ( he's rich, can ace tests without studding etc) , like, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's very subjective , not everybody is going to be blown away by the same type. I remember reading a manga where a 13 year old Japanese boy was walking down the street in London, and all the women were losing their shit because he was oh so beautiful , like there is no way that would have happened IRL.

• 2 weeks later...

1). Stereotypical uke that's either extremely girly and wimpy or really whiny and a brat. Or a combo of the four. Some people find it cute, and it some cases a somewhat bratty personality is okay (take Shinobu from Junjou Romantica; he was bratty while being somewhat mature), but most of the time it's just annoying.

2). The seme raping or abusing the uke and the two playing it off like nothing happened and continuing their relationship. I hate this so much. The uke should react realistically and be afraid of the seme, not be all "I love you I don't care you hurt me". That's scarily unhealthy. As for the seme, that's even worse. "I love you so I hurt you and that's okay". I don't mind if the seme hurts the uke if both act realistically to what's happened, but playing it off's just... nope. No. Nopers.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bara... i can‘t stand hairy, bear-like men. Or when they are too buff... worst combination is buff and hairy XD and the worst is when the bear-like guy is the uke and acts all girly and slutty while they are at it. *shudder*

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is probably the ever increasing "I raped you because I love you and now I will face no consequences for my actions because you 'love' me too". If the characters never deal with the abuse and just forget about it like that's acceptable behaviour, then it just ruins the whole thing for me.

I dont like that either. Specially if u Think about situtions if it would be irl.Where is the police i mean.

It would be nice if mangas could change a bit in that types of 'stories'.

(but i dont mind a littel 'hard' stuff either, but a line might be good)

c:

• 4 weeks later...

Ukes who are abusive, whiny and always crying and too dependent or looking too much like a girl

Semes who rape their way to the ukes or who always want to do the uke all the time :/

And also semes who NEVER want to switch (especially cuz they afraid of losing their ‘manliness’). Seriously, give the uke some chance. And usually uke-turned-semes are HOT :Wink:

• 2 months later...

How a lot of yaoi mangas start with the seme forcing himself on the uke raping him and then gets away scot-free, because they "love each other" and everyone behaves like nothing ever happened. =_=

• 2 weeks later...

Ukes that look like children. Seriously, they're short, cute and far too innocent. I don't understand how anyone could find most ukes attractive

• 2 weeks later...

A little dub-con and coercion is not too bad (except as it relates to shota-con, that's just a crime) but non-con is no no. Small underdeveloped ukes are a huge turn off. I'm a big sister so my protective instincts kick in to high gear

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...